Print Page | Close Window

Infested!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352959
Printed Date: Jun 18 2018 at 1:38am

Topic: Infested!
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: Infested!
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:09pm
Have y'all seen this show on Animal Planet? Shocked It's horrifying!

These stories make me wanna never own a house Stern Smile
http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/infested" rel="nofollow -
http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/infested

Have yall experienced any severe infestations of any kind? Geek

Replies:
Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:20pm
girl hell naw. ants in the mouf? *shudders*

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:42pm
love that show....except when they talk about roaches. snakes, spiders scorpions i can deal with but not roaches. theyre so gross looking

-------------

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:44pm
I like that show..
Except for the snake one, idk how anyone could watch that or live with that.. I would move outta there the second I saw one.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:33pm
I torture myself watching this. I give myself anxiety attacks and I can't turn away. I watch it to face my fears but it doesn't help. The roach and rat ones are the most horrifying to me.

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:36pm
I love this show even though watching makes me itch

-------------
Domin

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:37pm
i would die if i had a roach infestation, i cant even look at those things. Wheni first moved into my house here in florida we had some ants. It was bad though, but they were pesky and got into everything, even the microwave. We just had to do a deep cleaning. then we went to home depot and bought this insecticide called Ortho Home defense, sprayed on all corners and edges, even outside the house. its been four months and we havent had a problem again.

Posted By: Island-Clo
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:47pm
I always watch this show and it creeps me out, But I dont get how the people don't get there money back when they find out the house they just invested in is not safe or livable? this boggle's me. One family had to file bankrupcy I dont get it. If your not able to live in a house that you just invested in and its infested with creature's and causing a unsafe enviroment  as well as health problems why arent you able to get back the money you put down for it?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:50pm
Ewww. I would die a little inside if we had spiders and roaches infesting the home. Especially if they are the brolic kind.Cry

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:19pm
I've been watching episodes of this all night and most of these infestations happen in the South Confused

*bites finger nails*

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:54pm
I don't know why roaches scare me more than spiders....and spiders bite. 

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Posted By: Immie89
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:57pm
Spiders are cool with me..they help keep the house free of other bugs.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:00am
Hobo Spider bite Stern Smile

http://www.brownrecluse-spiderbite.com/product_images/uploaded_images/hobo-spider-bite.jpg

Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

I don't know why roaches scare me more than spiders....and spiders bite. 

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:09am
man... i have seen a spider bite grow huuuuge like the size of an entire golf ball, and be filled with liquid.. and the person had to use crutches... 

but meh.. nothin on/as scary as snakes

even roaches are more scary to me than spiders.. theyre so friggin fast and crazy looking..

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:14am
Yea, I am extremely phobic of snakes and worms (anything that doesn't have any legs or has more than 4)

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:16am
me too alias@ snakes 

i used to gasp at the site of one on tv.. or in a book.. like i just couldn't look at them.. 

oh and i used to spell the word, i wouldnt even say "snake"

ive gotten a little better as far as tv.. just cus i moved to an area where they're more prevalent so ive tried to force myself.. its still hard though. 
like i really have a phobia. 

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:29am
I have a real fear of roaches... They scare the sh*t out of me.. and plus they are gross. I find myself looking at shows like these and my skin feels like its crawling..

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: pinkdiemond
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:54am
watched the marathon yesterday as well...

as i was leaving, i turned to look the door and saw a moth and that sent me into a frenzy....

i think the spiders and the bedbugs shows got me

-------------
Janice 3:16 For Janice so loved the world she gave her only begotten hair that whoever believes in Her shall not perish but have everlasting virginity

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:18am
I love this show!!

I was glad to see the new episode, esp. the incident with the snakes.  I knew they weren't going to get rid of them. 

They were dead wrong for selling them 'the snake house' and not telling them.

I felt bad for the dad who was crying.

-------------

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:24am
I can deal with some ants. Seeing a whole swarm of them all at once in the same spot freaks me out. That goes for any insect, though. 

I absolutely cannot deal with roaches. I used to live in a bad neighborhood and the apartment we used to live in was infeeeested. I was so used to it as a child, though, I was never scared per se. Now?? Even if I see a baby roach I freak out. I hate them so much.

Spiders have never scared me. As long as there's not a lot of them and they don't bite me I'm good!

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:38am
I was watching that all night, had me freaked out. I wanna go on the show to tell them about the bees in out old house.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

^^^^that. tbh.  if i see little spiders when i'm cleaning i'll leave them.  if u's a thick ass, hairy ass spider or a daddy long legs U can't live here.

before I moved to my current place we got a roach infestation.  The neighbors downstairs moved and then all of a sudden they were everywhere.  I was skeeved.  My cat would just watch in disgust.  We couldn't leave anything out.  They were in my cats food bowl and errything.  She would cry for more food if she went to eat and they were in there.  I was constantly washing her bowl.  They were in the microwave and errything.  I ate take out salads from CVS and sub shops alot in those lasts months before we moved.   When I packed up my boxes I sealed up all the cracks.  We ended up leaving all of our kitchen appliances (except for my 9 tier dehydrator).  But yeah...they were all in the kitchen stuff.

I wouldn't wish that on anybody.  I couldn't wait to move.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

That's true.

I love spiders.

If you look at a web you'll see all kinds of other bugs (flies, mosquitos, roaches, etc.)

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Yea, I am extremely phobic of snakes and worms (anything that doesn't have any legs or has more than 4)

I cannot take worms, slugs, maggots....but love my ball python.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:03pm
No they didn't! Shocked

Oh HECK naw! I wish a ninja would!

Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

I love this show!!

I was glad to see the new episode, esp. the incident with the snakes.  I knew they weren't going to get rid of them. 

They were dead wrong for selling them 'the snake house' and not telling them.

I felt bad for the dad who was crying.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

I cannot take worms, slugs, maggots....but love my ball python.LOL

Eww. Pinch

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 1:15pm
I want Billy the Exterminator on this show so bad.

He makes pest control look easy and fun.

I'm thinking he could solve some of these problems.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:06pm
Billy is full of shyt!!!

Have you seem his roach infestation episodes? This one particular old man lived in a disgusting trailer and had roaches everywhere. He claimed he rid that place and he'd be problem free soon...ain't no damn way.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:29pm
Pretty embarrassing story, but very true.

This girl I was dating was staying with a cousin in the projects. She was saving up money so she could move into her own place. She invited me over to the place so we could watch movies. It was in the evening. We watched a movie then went to get some popeyes and came back to watch more movies and eat. The lights were low. I needed some ketchup. She said I could go in the kicthen to get some.

I walked to the kitchen. Flipped the light switch. And watched in horror as the floor started moving.

Not even exaggerating. The tile kitchen floor looked like a carpet full of roaches. When I adjusted to what the hell I was seeing, I saw roaches all on the counters and tables as well. I sat there for a good 20 seconds just looking. It was all kind of fascinating.

I ended up leaving right after that. I asked her how she could live there and she said it was either that or be homeless.

Sigh. I'm itching just thinking about it.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Pretty embarrassing story, but very true.

This girl I was dating was staying with a cousin in the projects. She was saving up money so she could move into her own place. She invited me over to the place so we could watch movies. It was in the evening. We watched a movie then went to get some popeyes and came back to watch more movies and eat. The lights were low. I needed some ketchup. She said I could go in the kicthen to get some.

I walked to the kitchen. Flipped the light switch. And watched in horror as the floor started moving.

Not even exaggerating. The tile kitchen floor looked like a carpet full of roaches. When I adjusted to what the hell I was seeing, I saw roaches all on the counters and tables as well. I sat there for a good 20 seconds just looking. It was all kind of fascinating.

I ended up leaving right after that. I asked her how she could live there and she said it was either that or be homeless.

Adding on to this. The cousin who lived at the apartment ended up moving a few months after that. And the girl I was dating told me that they got a friend to help them move their furniture. They loaded up the sofa in the back of the pickup truck, but when they got to the new place, they attempted to move the sofa, and out of a hole came the million roach march. The colony of roaches ended up scattering all over the truck. 

The friend who was helping them move was like OH HELL NAWAngry. At least that is what I was told.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:37pm
he is? LOL  yes i saw that roach episode.  I wonder if those roaches ever came back too. Dead
I love me some Billy though.  He knows all kinds of facts about pests.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:39pm
random... i'm itching. Cry

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:39pm
Lmao...see that's the problem w people who have roaches...they travel with you. I could never live like that. Youre probably on edge all the time. She had to know it was that bad
So I wonder why she didn't insist on getting the ketchup ...

My aunt had roaches in the 90s and she carried them with her to my house. Luckily we nipped it before it got bad. Seems like the 90s was really bad for roach infestation bc I carried a couple home in my backpack from catching public transit in middle school.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:42pm
i couldnt live like that... 

my friend has a small bed bugs problem.. definitely not an infestation but it really affected her. 
she had odd bumps on her for a while and couldnt figure out what they were from, she went to the doctor and everything.. she had looked at her mattress, and never saw anything. then finally one night she felt a pinch and got up and really looked for a while and saw some.. 

they paid lots to bomb the house and she wouldnt sleep in her room for months.. i couldnt imagine an actual infestation. 

right now i have a gnat problem.. they are sooooo annoying.. 

i dont accept old electronics (stereos and tvs) or couches or chairs from ppl cause u never know what could be crawling around inside. bed bugs, roaches, etc.

no thank you LOL

-------------

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Lmao...see that's the problem w people who have roaches...they travel with you. I could never live like that. Youre probably on edge all the time. She had to know it was that bad
So I wonder why she didn't insist on getting the ketchup ...

My aunt had roaches in the 90s and she carried them with her to my house. Luckily we nipped it before it got bad. Seems like the 90s was really bad for roach infestation bc I carried a couple home in my backpack from catching public transit in middle school.

I asked that too. She had a weird sense of humor (prolly why i liked herEmbarrassed).

I'm up there like Smokey from Friday.

"Don't laugh it ain't funny. You knew it was all them roaches in there."

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:44pm
-itches.. 

you probably had them all under you while yall were sitting on the couch watching those movies 

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:52pm
I had a gnat problem last week and it took me forever to figure out what was causing them. I hate those damn flies and it made me have to throw out an entire glass of wine.

@nisha...he does have cool info and I like watching him catch raccoons and possums.

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:15pm
you know that pure peppermint oil on cotton balls will rid you of mice, roaches and ants.. they don't like it and leave.. i have those electronic devices in my home, but the thing that scares me is people get raccoon's moving in their walls and attics i can't handle that.. b/c they will fight you..

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:28pm
I thought racoons were adorable until I saw them on animal planet. They were trying to catch them and those things went from chirping to hissing and snapping.LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

i had a neighbor that was like that... imagine thats a tough choice to make. i cant even tell you how much i spend to get my house sprayed down and bombed. i want all of nature to know...you cross the threshold of my home you will die. LOLStern Smile so far so good.

-------------

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 7:30pm
My mom's ex house had roaches that were so slick they would do matrix moves when you're trying to kill them. When you turn on the light in the kitchen, it's like you just turned off the music at a party.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 7:32pm
LOL@ matrix moves and music at a party

-------------

Print Page | Close Window