Print Page | Close Window

Anonymous hackers release video of football stars

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352934
Printed Date: Dec 15 2018 at 7:57am

Topic: Anonymous hackers release video of football stars
Posted By: Guidette
Subject: Anonymous hackers release video of football stars
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:34am

Many ask 'Why?' after rape case rattles small Ohio city

By Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 7:28 AM EST, Fri January 4, 2013
Watch this video http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/04/justice/ohio-rape-online-video/index.html#" rel="nofollow -

Social media spotlights Ohio rape case

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Ohio state authorities are investigating an alleged rape
  • Two teens are scheduled to be tried next month
  • The alleged victim is "doing as well as one can expect," her lawyer says
  • Images and messages about the alleged crime spread on social media

(CNN) -- A local police chief is asking a question that troubles many following an alleged rape in this small Ohio city.

"Why didn't somebody stop it?" said Steubenville police Chief William McCafferty. "You simply don't do that ... It's not done."

But what the police chief and many in this town felt was unthinkable has been done, authorities said. And they say they have videos, pictures and chilling tweets about the alleged rape that has shaken this city.

The images and social media messages are at the heart of criminal charges against two high school football players accused of sexually assaulting an underage teenage girl during a series of end-of-summer parties in August.

Drew: We should be disgusted by rape case
Social media videos led to rape charges
Murphy: Rape is grossly under prosecuted
Rape case shocks Ohio town

Both boys are charged with rape. One is also accused of "illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material."

Their trial before an Ohio juvenile court judge is scheduled for February 13.

CNN is not identifying the girl, who is a juvenile, in accordance with its policy not to release the names of alleged rape victims.

The alleged attackers also are juveniles, but they have been identified by a judge in court, by defense attorneys and in newspapers and other media reports as Trent Mays and Ma'lik Richmond, both 16.

The case has attracted the attention of bloggers and even Anonymous, a loosely organized cooperative of activist hackers.

Anonymous has released information about the town and the football team and is threatening to release more unless everyone comes clean about what happened that August night.

"The town of Steubenville has been good at keeping this quiet and their star football team protected," an Anonymous member wearing the group's trademark Guy Fawkes mask says in a video posted to the group's http://localleaks.blogs.ru/" rel="nofollow - LocalLeaks website .

The organization, he says, will not allow "a group of young men who turn to rape as a game or sport get the pass because of athletic ability or small-town luck."

The girl was assaulted the night of Saturday, August 11, and early the next morning, according to authorities.

Involved, according to authorities, were members of the Steubenville High School football team, popular among many in the small, down-on-its-luck town along the banks of the Ohio River.  http://www.rollredroll.com/football.htm" rel="nofollow - A website dedicated to the team  counts down the seconds to their return next season.

Police got involved on August 14, when the girl's mother came forward to report the alleged assault, according to McCafferty, the police chief. The family provided a zip drive showing a Twitter page, possibly with a photo, the chief told CNN.

A kidnapping charge was dropped by the juvenile court judge at a probable cause hearing last October, said McCafferty and Mays's attorney, Adam Nemann.

"My client asserts his innocence, and he looks forward to his day in court," said Nemann.

At an October hearing, attorney Walter Madison, who is representing Richmond, raised questions about the alleged victim's actions that night, according to CNN affiliate WTOV.

On August 27, the same day authorities charged the two defendants, Jefferson County authorities asked for help from the attorney general's office in investigating and prosecuting the case. Interviews and witness statements led to the arrests, McCafferty said.

"What we want is to be able to show the citizens of Jefferson County that everything that can be done in this case is being done, and if that means eliciting the help of these people from the attorney general's office, then that's what we want to do in this case," county prosecutor Jane Hanlin told  http://www.wtov9.com/" rel="nofollow - WTOV  at the time.

By that time, images and messages from that night had made their way around social media.

Crime blogger http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/03/blogger-on-her-findings-regarding-an-alleged-rape-case-she-brought-to-light-using-social-media/" rel="nofollow -  Alexandria Goddard, a former Steubenville resident, discovered http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/03/blogger-on-her-findings-regarding-an-alleged-rape-case-she-brought-to-light-using-social-media/" rel="nofollow -   http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/03/blogger-on-her-findings-regarding-an-alleged-rape-case-she-brought-to-light-using-social-media/" rel="nofollow - and preserved many of the messages , at least some of which are now in the hands of authorities. She first spotted the story in the small town's newspaper and started looking into the situation on a hunch that the highly regarded football team's members were getting special treatment at the expense of the victim.

"When I first came across the article, I just felt like -- because it was involving football players, and there is a culture there that football is very important, that there was probably a little more to this story than what the local media was reporting," she told CNN Thursday. "So I started doing my own research."

One image circulated online and posted on a website maintained by Anonymous showed the girl, dressed in a T-shirt and blue shorts, her body limp, being held hand and foot by two males who appear to be teenagers.

Text messages posted to social networking sites that night seemed to brag about the incident, calling the girl "sloppy," making references to rape and suggesting even that she had been urinated on, according to Goddard. CNN has not been able to establish whether this is true.

In one 12-minute video, posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, one teenager makes joke after joke about the girl's condition, saying she must have died because she didn't move during one assault.

Anonymous and others in the video identified the teen by a name that doesn't match the two who were charged, but CNN cannot independently confirm his identity.

"Is it really rape because you don't know if she wanted to or not," the teenager says on the video. "She might have wanted to. That might have been her final wish."

Other male voices can be heard off-camera, laughing and talking about the alleged assault. McCafferty said he cannot say who shot that video.

"The subject in that video was interviewed. He wasn't charged," the chief told CNN. "The attorney general's office has all this. It appears to me after I watched the video he was intoxicated."

The New York Times reported that a cell phone photo from that night shows the girl naked on the floor.

Roughly 11 cell phones and a couple of iPads were seized during the investigation, said McCafferty, adding he was not involved in retrieving evidence from the electronic devices.

McCafferty said "there was evidence on some of the phones."

A special unit with the attorney general's office is doing the work, the chief said.

McCafferty said there was a report of a video showing the alleged attack, but authorities don't have it or know whether it exists.

The attorney for the girl's family told CNN that the girl is in counseling and is "doing as well as one can expect."

"She's trying to go about her life right now, which is difficult because of all the media attention," said family attorney Robert Fitzsimmons. "It's as if she's just flown into this barnstorm. She'll make it through."

The case is now in the hands of special prosecutors under Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.

DeWine said that the case is being aggressively prosecuted and remains under active investigation.

"We want to make sure that there is no stone left unturned," he said. "We want to make sure that everyone in the community really feels that justice has been done and that all the information does in fact come out."

The parents of one teenager named on  http://prinniefied.com/wp/" rel="nofollow - Goddard's blog  sued her for defamation and sought to have those who anonymously commented on the blog about the case publicly identified. The family has since dropped the lawsuit, according to court documents.

Meanwhile, Anonymous says it is collecting detailed information about the personal affairs of football boosters and others in the town of 18,000 who the group claims may have helped cover up the attack. It's also planning a protest  http://anonnews.org/press/item/1990/" rel="nofollow - "to help those who have been victimized by the football team or other regimes."

The group has already hacked the  http://www.rollredroll.com/" rel="nofollow - website of the local football fansite  and says it will release the information if people don't come forward to help the investigation.

"My heart goes out to the victim," DeWine said. "The victim continues to be victimized every time something shows up on the Internet. There's nothing I can do about that, but it is very, very sad."

The whole issue has placed a stigma on Steubenville, which some feel is not justified.

"The buzz that keeps coming about is that Steubenville is a bad place, things are being covered up, more people should be arrested and I feel that's all unjustly so," said Jerry Barilla, a longtime store owner. "Because I think that to condemn an entire city for something that happened is not right. To condemn an entire school and all the kids that go there for something that took place among a few students is still not right."

Replies:
Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:43am
Well hopefully the rapists get what they deserve

-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:08am
this video is disgusting.  he even admits raping someone else at a concert. : http://vimeo.com/56640382" rel="nofollow - http://vimeo.com/56640382

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:23am
Sick sick sick

Sounds like a few had a conscious but they are guilty by association

-------------
Be humble or get him humbled

Ignore typos...autocorrect won't let me be great

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:23am
wow!

a time to kill, and this would be it!

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:31am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wow!

a time to kill, and this would be it!

Yes IA this is sick Angry

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:37am
I have another question, if he was so convinced that she was dead why didn't they call for help? So the first thought was "hey let's have sex with her first"? I'm ready to hear what te defense will say

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:44am
Right and im glad someone brought this madness to the light ...And some comments on twitter says she deserve this bc she was passed out and drunkAngry

Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:10am
My god. I am so mad people were caping for those guys. 

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:19am
I feel no pity for those guys... let them release all the info. Her and her family will have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Let those guys rot. 

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 8:28am
"Is it really rape because you don't know if she wanted to or not," the teenager says on the video. "She might have wanted to. That might have been her final wish."

seriously? They need to be castrated.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

seriously? They need to be castrated.

Confused

no excuse. period.

I don't care if the girl was passed out drunk or near death or walking upright. Men and boys need to be taught that rape is not ok in any instance. Doesn't matter if she "might have wanted it". this girl was taken from location to location being raped, possibly sodimized and videotaped and humiliated. at what point do you defend their actions? are you that base as a male that you can't even control yourself?

this has pissed me off from first hearing about the case. I'm glad that Anonymous released this info and I hope they release more. They are on a roll. One of the biggest problems about rape, besides the actions, are the sh*tty defenses ppl use to justify it. Rapists are protected...see how they were circling the wagons?

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:10am
according to this she was drugged: http://localleaks.blogs.ru/" rel="nofollow - http://localleaks.blogs.ru/

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:17am

Smdh. I just hope they don't get a slap on the wrist.

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:28am
Damn!

So, apparently the victim broke up with one of the guys. His bestie, Trent, and the rest of the "Rape Crew" set this poor child up? Wtf?!?!?!?

Reading that link Tatee provided clears up a lot of questions.

One of the guys involved mother is the prosecutor for the county. 

Gotdamn...this ish is sick and twisted. 

I hope all those lil demon muthafukkers rot. 

*shudders*

Carting her unconscious body around from one party to another?

Wtf is this sh*t?!?!

And one of the adults involved get's emailed pics of the boys conquests. So he's a fan of the team, apparently still stuck in the glory days of youth goneby......this monster co-signs and supports the lil monsters? What in the actual fukk?

Sick sick sick sh*t man. Makes me feel queasy. UghSleepy

-------------

Posted By: SeducTress
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:30am
And why is that lil demon yt boy not also charged with the lil demon black boys?!?!

Like....his ass is in school at the moment. On scholarship. Really? No....really?

America I want my money back Sleepy 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:37am
i was about to ask if malik and 'em were black

so they drugged this poor girl?

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Damn!

So, apparently the victim broke up with one of the guys. His bestie, Trent, and the rest of the "Rape Crew" set this poor child up? Wtf?!?!?!?

and this isn't the first time that this has happened to a girl in that town, apparently. it was an open secret.

Supposedly, when the football coach heard about it, he laughed.

slate.com has a pretty good article on it.

-------------
have touched.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:39am

those were the 2 that were charged.

as she was dragged around from place to place, other ppl had their turn with her. some were on camera and some were not.

but other ppl saw what was going on. and no one stopped them.

-------------
have touched.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 9:39am
burn them

-------------

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:14am

burn them

THIS!

I can't believe the mess that I am reading...this is utterly disturbing!

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:54am

They guys in the video are White.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:59am
What the hell are they laughing at in the video? Ain't sh!t funny. I pray this is not a typical rape case (mishandled, dismissed, etc). I hope that this is one of the FEW rape cases that results in a conviction. I sincerely hope they end up in prison and have a lifetime of anal intercourse with big danked boyfriends.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

They guys in the video are White.

he may have participated, but he wasn't one of the ones that were arrested.

he may be later, though.

lets hope these videos are allowed in court.

-------------
have touched.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:06am
It is fishy to me that when there is a video with confessed participants that are White the only men arrested are Black.

Posted By: Serwa
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:09am
Absolutely atrocious.

-------------
"The truth has a greater power than a hundred lies." -Howard Zinn

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:10am
question, the kid i see in the video on wshh, is that the rapist, one of the rapist, or someone joking about the rape who was present, anyone know ? 

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:11am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

according to this she was drugged: http://localleaks.blogs.ru/" rel="nofollow - http://localleaks.blogs.ru/

wow these guys are so fuccing disgusting
i can't even cope

look at him laughing and talking about the rape in detail....mannnnn
i can't

i hope the rest of their lives are filled with complete misery and nothing good

*waits for ppl to come in and say they're just young and stupid*

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:12am
I don't think I could bare to watch the video. I hope all those boys burn in hell though. smh

-------------
https://40.media.tumblr.com/5ba9e0be75128d9fefb41178032b37f9/tumblr_nm5ltoJrGx1skqlxjo1_540.jpg

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:16am
Yeah, I'm not going to watch the video either. Typical athlete privilege at work. Anonymous is the same hacker group that held the Westboro baptist church info hostage...they should keep doing this.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:21am

It is fishy to me that when there is a video with confessed participants that are White the only men arrested are Black.
is it really fishy?

-------------

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:28am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Yeah, I'm not going to watch the video either. Typical athlete privilege at work. Anonymous is the same hacker group that held the Westboro baptist church info hostage...they should keep doing this.

they should have done this to zimmerman Angry

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:28am
someone posted the guy in video's email
feel free to tell him what a scumbag he is
nodianos.1@osu.edu

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:36am
What really disturbed me were his jokes

"She's deader than caylee Anthony"

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:40am

i thought one was white and the other black

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:41am
Stuff like this makes it really hard for me not to side-eye every man I meet.

-------------
Can't even twerk no mo. They tired out. Lets ride out.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:44am

is it really fishy?

Not really. They explained it. One guy's dad was in the police department, and another guy's mom worked for the prosecutor's office. There is also the Black male element. It isn't "fishy" per se. It is just sad that the 2 main guys in the video had their cases dismissed. I guess sad would be a better choice of words rather than fishy.

Man, BHM sure is picky about diction. 

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:49am
not really

your question was odd given the facts laid out plainly tis all

didnt mean to offend anyone

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

question, the kid i see in the video on wshh, is that the rapist, one of the rapist, or someone joking about the rape who was present, anyone know ? 

"....[he] claims to have witnessed some of the assault and takes extreme pleasure in the alleged rape, laughing about how the victim appeared "dead," and asserting that the victim has been anally raped. At one point, the student scolds another young man for checking up on the victim, which suggests very strongly that this video was taking place during or right after the alleged assault."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/01/03/steubenville_ohio_rape_anonymous_gets_involved_and_the_case_gets_even_more.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/01/03/steubenville_ohio_rape_anonymous_gets_involved_and_the_case_gets_even_more.html

-------------
have touched.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:06pm
According to the New York Times, witnesses claim that Mays and Richmond tried to coerce the victim into oral sex, exposed her naked body as a joke to other partygoers, penetrated her digitally, and exposed themselves to her. Other Steubenville students on Twitter and YouTube say they witnessed even worse violations, including urinating on the victim and anal rape, though these are not official statements. (And sadly, these students were more delighted than upset by what they allegedly saw.) While it appears that multiple students taped and photographed the alleged assault, officials claim they haven't been able to turn up much in the way of evidence, because the evidence has been deleted.

Of particular outrage to Goddard is the fact that many other players besides Mays and Richmond appeared to have participated in the alleged assault to some extent, taking pictures and videos, but aren't facing any legal repercussions. Early to cover the case, Goddard has backed this claim up by posting screenshots of now-deleted photos and videos of the night. She was sued for defamation by student Cody Saltsman, who left an ugly online history celebrating the alleged assault, including a http://prinniefied.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/08_phot0.png" rel="nofollow - photo on Instagram of the alleged victim being tossed about by her alleged assailants.  http://jezebel.com/5971831/bs-defamation-case-against-the-steubenville-blogger-is-dismissed" rel="nofollow - The case was dismissed with prejudice in late December , and http://prinniefied.com/wp/case-dismissed/#more-1357" rel="nofollow - Saltsman publicly apologized to the victim and her family for his online actions.

-------------
have touched.

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

lets hope these videos are allowed in court.

I hope that ALL of this evidence is admissible in court. Maybe one of our resident lawyers or law students can shed some light, but is it true that evidence discovered without a warrant, but given (or obtained) anonymously is admissible in court? Of course this may be subject to state legislation but for the most part I hope this is true.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:59pm
Dang, I applied here for grad school. Iunno if I even want to go here anymore. Too much crazy ish goes on in Ohio in general.Ouch

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:24pm
This story just gets worst

Posted By: Brownsugar1
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:37pm
smh...
This is too much

-------------

When there is no enemy within,
the enemies outside cannot hurt you.

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:17pm
Lord that poor girl. And if it weren't for Anon that quiet little town would've coddled those athletes and sent them on their way. It is so horrifying to think they would do all of those things to her. 

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Lord that poor girl. And if it weren't for Anon that quiet little town would've coddled those athletes and sent them on their way. It is so horrifying to think they would do all of those things to her. 

yep just like alot of other states doAngry

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

this video is disgusting.  he even admits raping someone else at a concert. : http://vimeo.com/56640382" rel="nofollow - http://vimeo.com/56640382

I couldn't go past a minute and thirty, SMH...

These.. BOYS are fucking monsters!

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

He would be the next Ben Ben Roethlisberger

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 3:49am
this is horrible. hopefully they won't get away with it.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:18am
I was on DU and saw this article smh. Perhaps he should spend more time worrying about the rapists roaming freely about his town and less about football and finding the 'anonymous guy'.Ermm

Steubenville sheriff: "We have a good idea who this Anonymous person is. I know where he lives."

http://www.heraldstaronline.com/page/content.detail/id/581789/-Enough-is-enough-.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.heraldstaronline.com/page/content.detail/id/581789/-Enough-is-enough-.html

‘Enough is enough’
Abdalla: Hackers are attacking the innocent
January 5, 2013
By DAVE GOSSETT - Staff writer (dgossett@heraldstaronline.com) , The Herald-Star

STEUBENVILLE - A visibly angry Jefferson County Sheriff Fred Abdalla said Friday night his department and other agencies are now investigating an unofficial Anonymous member who has claimed credit for last week's protest rally and a second rally scheduled to be held at noon today on Market Street.

"Anonymous can say whatever they want to say about me. But when you attack innocent people and young children, I am coming after you," Abdalla declared during a Friday evening press conference in his office.

"We have a good idea who this Anonymous person is. I know where he lives. I know his mother's name, his father's name and his brother's name. This is not the real Anonymous. Enough is enough. You had your fun. People will believe what they want to believe. But I credit the Steubenville Police Department for the job they did. They had the investigation into this incident wrapped up in four or five days after the rape was reported to them in August," continued Abdalla.

Steubenville City Manager Cathy Davison announced late Friday afternoon the city will hold a press conference at 11 a.m. today to discuss the focus on the city regarding the rape investigation.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:21am
phuck him!!!

-------------

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:24am
yeah!

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:25am
If only he had so much fervor about the actual rape case...

Fukc him, his priorities, those rapists, and the bystanders.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:56am
Innocent??? Motherfucker, your "innocent victim" admitted to rape on camera. Shut the fuck up.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Innocent??? Motherfucker, your "innocent victim" admitted to rape on camera. Shut the fuck up.

My thoughts too 

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 9:19am
fucc them.  Anonymous and go ahead and go in on these fuccers.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:57am
Anonymous

-------------

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 7:36pm
I didnt wanna make a new thread, so updating this one in case anyone is still following this story:

'She didn't affirmatively say no': Silence means consent according to defense in Ohio high school rape trial where passed out, drunken teenage girl was 'sexually assaulted' by multiple football players

Defense lawyers in the coming trial of two high school football players charged with raping a nearly passed-out-drunk 16-year-old girl are expected to argue on the issue of consent.

In the case that has shocked the nation, prosecutors state that the inebriated girl was taken to a number of parties by a group of drunk teenagers, supporting her to walk when she wasn't physically capable.

The prosecution claims that the group later sexually assaulted the girl while she lay unconscious.

But attorney Walter Madison, who represents one of the accused boys, argues she was drinking voluntarily and left willingly with the group of boys.

As reported by the  http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/03/steubenville_rape_trial_will_c.html" rel="nofollow - Madison said: 'There's an abundance of evidence here that she was making decisions, cognitive choices.' 'She didn't affirmatively say no,' he stated.

Consent? Defense attorney Walter Madison said of the girl in the rape case: Theres an abundance of evidence here that she was making decisions, cognitive choices. She didnt affirmatively say no

Consent? Defense attorney Walter Madison said of the girl in the rape case: 'There's an abundance of evidence here that she was making decisions, cognitive choices. She didn't affirmatively say no'

Protest

Protest: Activists from the online group KnightSec protest at the Jefferson County Courthouse in Steubenville, Ohio, on Jan. 5, 2013 ahead of the trial

The two high school football players Ma'Lik Richmond, 16, and Trent Mays, 17, will face a judge on Wednesday.

The girl, from Weirton, West Virginia, is not expected to testify in Jefferson County juvenile court when the case begins.

Richmond's attorney Madison said of the girl: 'The person who is the accuser here is silent just as she was that night, and that's because there was consent.'

Others have argued that the Jane Doe was clearly too intoxicated to consent to sex and that this was something that has been confirmed by multiple witnesses.

As reported by the Cleveland Trader, Ohio Associate Attorney General Marianne Hemmeter said at an October hearing: 'The state doesn't have to prove that she was flat-lined.'

'Everybody agrees she's puking. She's puking on herself. People have to help her walk. She can't talk. She's stumbling,' Hemmeter added.

Around Steubenville, a football-powerhouse city, some are demanding to know why at least three other teens aren't facing charges on Wednesday too.

After the athletes' arrest last summer, one of the many rumors that swirled around town proved all too true: Three boys, two of them members of Steubenville High's celebrated Big Red team, saw something happening that night and didn't try to stop it. Instead, two pulled out their cellphones and took video and a photo.

The allegations shocked and roiled the city of 18,000, but prosecutors brought no charges against the witnesses, fueling months of furious online accusations of a cover-up to protect the team -- something law enforcement authorities have vehemently denied.

One blogger wrote a post was headlined: 'Steubenville Big Red Rape Accusations: The Other Perpetrators.'

'Anyone that they can show had firsthand knowledge and was partly in some way responsible for the event, the rape, they should be charged,' said Jackie Hillyer, president of the Ohio chapter of the National Organization for Women.

She is among those pressing, at a minimum, for charges of failure to report a crime, which is punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a $250 fine.

Longtime Steubenville resident Willa Wade said: 'I feel personally that if they were there, they knew it had happened, they did not report it or stop it, then they ought to be brought up on the same charges as anybody else.'

The Ohio attorney general's office, however, informed the three witnesses in a letter last fall that while they may not have conducted themselves 'in a responsible or appropriate manner,' their behavior 'did not rise to the level of criminal conduct,' and they would not be charged.

Legal experts said it is clear prosecutors sorely need the witnesses' testimony to make their rape case because there is little physical evidence against the defendants and the girl may have been too intoxicated to remember much

Laughing: A video from the night of the alleged attack shows Michael Nodianos (left), a former Steubenville student, referring to a girl getting raped because she is so drunk
Richmond was charged with rape after film emerged of him carrying her with his co-accused Trent Mays

Laughing: A video from the night of the alleged attack shows Michael Nodianos (left), a former Steubenville student, referring to a girl getting raped because she is so drunk

'This prosecutor more than anything else wants to get a conviction of the culprits and he does not want to jeopardize that single-minded goal,' said Christo Lassiter, a University of Cincinnati criminal law professor. 'That's the conservative approach. Above all else, get the main culprit. If you can get the other folks along the line, fine.'

Richmond and Mays go on trial Wednesday in juvenile court in Steubenville.

They are charged with digitally penetrating the girl, first in the back seat of a moving car after a mostly underage, alcohol-fueled party Aug. 11, and then in the basement of a house.

Witnesses said the girl was so drunk she threw up at least twice and had trouble walking and speaking. She was also photographed being carried by the two young men.

If convicted, they could be held in a juvenile jail until they turn 21. They have denied any wrongdoing.

Minors charged in juvenile court aren't usually named, but Mays and Richmond have been widely identified in news coverage, and their names have been used in open court.

They were charged 10 days after the party, after a flurry of social media postings about the alleged attack led the girl and her family to go to police.

The scandal brought a barrage of accusations and insinuations, mostly online, with some townspeople supporting the defendants and others complaining that the football team has unusual sway over the city.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine's office took over the case after the local prosecutor stepped down because her son is a football player at 700-student Steubenville High

Rumors:

The allegations shocked and roiled the city of 18,000

Trial

Trial: Some are demanding to know why at least three other teens aren't facing charges in addition to Ma'lik and Trent

Big Red football is a big deal in Steubenville. The stadium, dubbed Death Valley, sits on a hill above town, and the team is a nine-time state champion, with back-to-back titles in 2005 and 2006. Man O' War, a red statue of a rearing stallion, shoots flames from its mouth each time a touchdown is scored.

Three students -- Anthony Craig and football players Mark Cole and Evan Westlake -- testified at a hearing in October, just days after receiving the letters assuring them they would not be prosecuted.

Prosecutors said at the hearing that Cole and Craig would have been charged if they hadn't deleted the images on their cellphones.

At the same proceeding, Westlake was asked by a prosecutor why he didn't stop the alleged attack.

'I was stunned at what I saw,' he said. 'I just wanted -- I wanted to get out of there and I --I -- I didn't know what to do, I mean.'

The defendants' lawyers also raised the possibility that the witnesses did not know what they were seeing that night. Under questioning, the teen witnesses said that the girl was able to tell some of the boys the password to her smartphone and that they never heard her say 'no' or 'stop.'

'So, you don't consider it a sexual assault?' attorney Adam Nemann asked Cole.

'I feel it's not my place to make that decision on whether it was or wasn't,' Cole responded. 'I can just tell you what I witnessed.'

'And if this was a sexual assault I'm sure you would have called and told someone, right?' Nemann said. 'I would assume, yes,' Cole said.

On a blog run by former Steubenville resident Alexandria Goddard, some anonymous posters have demanded others at the party be charged, including football player Cody Saltsman.

Saltsman sued Goddard for defamation, and the case was settled with Goddard saying there was no evidence Saltsman was involved in the alleged attack.

Then, in January, a YouTube video was posted featuring another student, Michael Nodianos, apparently cracking jokes about the alleged rape just hours after it occurred, while others in the background chimed in.

NOW is demanding prosecutors charge Nodianos with failure to report a crime, but Nodianos' lawyer said the young man had no 'firsthand knowledge of the facts.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291926/She-didnt-affirmatively-say-Silence-means-consent-according-defense-Ohio-high-school-rape-trial-passed-drunken-teenage-girl-sexually-assaulted-multiple-football-players.html#ixzz2NNKOb7c5" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291926/She-didnt-affirmatively-say-Silence-means-consent-according-defense-Ohio-high-school-rape-trial-passed-drunken-teenage-girl-sexually-assaulted-multiple-football-players.html#ixzz2NNKOb7c5
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter | http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 7:39pm
and of course the "she wanted me/it" defense:

'She had her arm wrapped around me... she was coming on to me:' Suspect in Ohio high school rape case says drunken teenage girl consented with flirtation

One of two Ohio high school football players accused of raping an inebriated 16-year-old girl claims the alleged victim was 'coming on' to him and he interpreted that as consent to perform sexual acts on her.

'She had her arm wrapped around me and one hand on my chest,' 16-year-old Ma'lik Richmond of Steubenville told http://abcnews.go.com/2020/steubenville-rape-case-story-heard/story?id=18705357" rel="nofollow - ' Elizabeth Vargas in an interview for '20/20.'  'It just felt like she was coming on to me.'

Richmond and 17-year-old Trent Mays are facing a juvenile judge in court on Wednesday on charges of rape stemming from the incident on Aug. 11, 2012. They are being tried as juveniles, so the maximum sentence they could receive would keep them in a detention center until their 21st birthdays.

rest of the story in the link Sleepy:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292232/Ohio-rape-case-Suspect-high-school-rape-case-says-drunken-teenage-girl-consented-flirtation.html#ixzz2NNMWmq00" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292232/Ohio-rape-case-Suspect-high-school-rape-case-says-drunken-teenage-girl-consented-flirtation.html#ixzz2NNMWmq00
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter | http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 7:50pm
'She consented and wanted it'?!?!

Maaaaaan fukk that coon ass lawyer. I hope anonymous posts his coon info online too.Angry

Posted By: yurika975
Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 8:38pm
Ah so when they get to jail and are face deep into their bunk pillow that's consent right? Just be clear. So that Big Sexy from cell block D will know when he in raping them too. They were flirting and trying to hug him instead of swatting away his advances. Have 2 millions seats lawyer!

Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 8:48pm
they are being tried as juveniles...if convicted the max they'll face is 4yrs Stern Smile

Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 8:53pm
I guess they want to make sure they can still play good ole boy football. For the town ya know...Uggg

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 9:20pm
I'm surprised they are getting off this easy. That was a white girl wasn't it?

Date Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 10:41pm
Texts from Day 2 of trial:

'OMG! Please tell me this isn't true': The horrifying moment Ohio footballers' rape 'victim' discovers by TEXT what happened to her after 'she passed out on drunken night'

• Texts between alleged victim and male friend who witnessed her being stripped naked and humiliated before alleged sexual assault read out on second day of trial
  • Reveals horror as the girl, who claims she was so drunk she passed out, discovers there was a picture circulated of her with semen on her body
  • Court told of texts in which she angrily confronts one of her alleged rapists, Trent Mays, 17, telling him he has 'no f***ing respect'
  • Mays even sent message to her father to claim it was 'a misunderstanding'
  • Mays and fellow Steubenville footballer Ma'lik Richmond, 16, accused of raping girl in case which has scandalised America

The horrific moment a 16-year-old girl learned from a series of graphic text messages that she had been stripped naked, humiliated and allegedly sexually assaulted after she claims she passed out from drink, was today revealed in court.

In a fraught text exchange with a friend the morning after the alleged attack, the girl at the heart of the Ohio rape case was overcome with a sense of dawning terror: ‘OMG please tell me this isn’t f***ing true.’ She pleaded: ‘You couldn’t have told them to stop or anything?’

Hours of text and email conversations were read out during an explosive second day of testimony at the trial of footballers Trent Mays, 17, and Ma'lik Richmond, 16.

'You have no f***ing respect': The angry texts from alleged victim to Mays

August 12

10.09pm

Victim: OK. So tell me right now wtf happened last night because I need to know the truth and people keep asking me and Idk (I don't know) what to say

10.11pm

Trent Mays: Nothing happened last night you gave me a hand j*b and that’s it.

V: OK. That’s not all that happened tell me the truth now I’m not going to tell anyone.

10.13pm

V: How the f*** could you let that happen?

10.13pm

V: Seriously you have no f***ing respect. People are telling me so much sh*t. Why the f*** or whoever the f*** it was took my clothes off in front of everyone.  You shouldn’t have let that happen.

10.19pm

V: Why wouldn’t you try and help me?

They include the heartbreaking exchange between the alleged victim and the friend who left her naked on the ground in a basement on the night of August 11-12.

They also detail the girl's furious railing against Mays and her desperate attempts to discover what happened to her.

The communications also appear to show how Mays’ bragging gave way to a growing panic which even led to an extraordinary exchange between Mays and the teenage victim's father.

Mays and Richmond are accused of twice digitally penetrating the girl - described as 'too impaired to say no' - and subjecting her to 'degradation, humiliation and violation'.

The alleged assaults took place in the back of a car and once in the basement of a house in a case that has scandalized America and thrust the small industrial town of Steubenville, Ohio, into the national spotlight.

The defense contends she was coherent enough to walk and make decisions.

But in a string of texts from the victim the day after, she repeatedly claims not to remember anything after the second of three back-to-back parties that took place that night.

In one her friend, a former boyfriend, told her: ‘You were like dead…I left when I saw you naked on the ground. I seriously felt so bad for you and I couldn’t do sh*t about it. I’m so sorry.’

'I don't remember sh*t beside throwing up': Desperate texts of victim to friend

August 12

5.45pm 

Male friend: Are you all right? (Sent repeatedly until 6.37pm)

06.39pm 

Victim: I’m good I need to find my phone tho and Trent went through my phone and looked at all our sh*t but what happened last night?

F: You were like dead. Then they took you to Mark’s. I went there and left when I saw you naked on the ground. I seriously felt so bad for you and I couldn’t do sh*t about it. I’m so sorry.

06.44pm 

V: WTF? Who was there? Who did that to me?

F: The kids who you woke up with and Idk (I don’t know) you’ll have to ask them.

V: You couldn’t have told them to stop or anything?

F: You don’t think I did? I flipped out on them and they just said they were going to put you to bed and I don’t know what happened after that.

V: Thanks. I hate my life. I don’t even know wtf happened.

The following exchange takes place after the victim learns about a picture of her with semen on her stomach:

9.08pm 

F: Do you remember anything from last night?

V: I remember everything at Cammy’s (first party) then I remember walking out of the house and after that I don’t remember sh*t beside sitting in some road throwing up.

F: That was Jake’s road and you were like dead in the middle of the road throwing up. It was terrible.

V: OMG please tell me this isn’t f***ing true.

F: WTF let me find out.

V: OMG

F: You ok?

V: Not at all

9.50pm 

F: You’ll be all right but I mean did you do anything at all with them? If you remember anything at all you have to tell me. I promise I won't be mad.

V: Swear to God I don’t remember doing anything with them because I didn’t feel good after throwing up. I passed out. I remember Trent telling me to do something but I said no.

F: If there’s [semen] on you that’s f***ing crazy.

V: Please find out.

Her response was one of shock and dismay: ‘You couldn’t have told them to stop or anything?’

Later that same day, the court heard, how the alleged victim had contacted one of her alleged attackers begging him to tell her what had taken place as the rumors began to swirl around her peer group.

Images taken of her had already appeared on Instagram and several youths at the parties had tweeted mocking comments, a reality to which she was only just waking up to.

In one text to Mays read out in court, she simply asked: ‘How could you let that happen to me?’

Mays was telling her not to worry, that ‘nothing happened’ and he played down the events of just hours earlier. But exchanges between him and male friends paint a different picture.

Referring to a multimedia message – including an image which could no longer be retrieved by the forensic analyst - the alleged victim texted her friend: 'Someone sent this to me. I have never read anything more f***ed up in my entire life.'

She admitted: 'I've been crying all f***ing day. I wasn't being a slut they were taking advantage of me.'

The testimony of Computer Forensic Specialist for Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations revealed a flurry of texts between Mays and several friends – many asking for copies of pictures and video taken that night.

One text sent at 11.25 am (local time) by a Big Red football team-mate stated: ‘She looks dead lmao.'

Mays responds: ‘She is.’

Another sent an hour or so earlier read: ‘Did you do it?’

A subsequent text from the same sender bearing the time stamp said: ‘I wanna see the video of you hitting her with your wiener. lol.’

Mays responded: ‘Idk who took it.’

'I'm so f***ing scared': Mays to his friends and even alleged victim's father

August 12: Between Trent and victim's male friend (after male friend has spoken to the victim) 

F: You are a felon.

TM: Not really.

August 12: Between Trent Mays and his friend

TM: 10.50.24pm ‘I should have raped her now cos everyone thinks I did.

Friend: Yeh you should.’

August 13: Mays to is friend

TM: ‘..I’m so scared. Her dad knows and our names were brought up and listen if we get questioned she was really drunk so we took her to your house and took care of her.’

August 13: To the victim’s father

12.27am

TM: ‘Sir this is Trent Mays this is all a big misunderstanding. She was at the party and we talked. She was really drunk. I never once tried to do anything forceful with your daughter and I’m sorry for all the trouble this has brought you.’

Father: ‘What is on the video?’

Across several hours Mays was shown to vacillate between bragging that he had had sexual intercourse with the alleged victim to denying it. Twice he admitted to digitally penetrating her.  One text from Mays read simply: ‘Bitches is bitches. F***’em.’

The alleged victim is repeatedly referred to as ‘a dead body.’

Asked by a team-mate: ‘Did you have sex with that dead body last night lol?’ 

Mays responded: ‘No. But would I? Yes.’

But by the following day, 13 August, one day before the alleged victim’s parents walked into  Steubenville City Police Department with their daughter and reported the crime, the tone of Mays and his peers’ texts had notably shifted.

Several warned him to stop sending pictures and video taken that night. One told him to ‘check’ the alleged victim. “Bro she’s telling people she got drugged.’

At one point Mays sent a panicked text to one asking:’Delete that (video) off YouTube - seriously that girl’s dad knows about it.’

His friend responded: ‘Deny it to the grave.’

In a series of exchanges between friends there on the night Mays appeared to be attempting to construct a palatable version of events.

Texting at 8pm on August 13, Mays begged a friend: ‘You got to tell them she was asleep when you got there.’

To another he said: ‘Just say she came to your house and passed out.’

One reassures him: ‘I got you man. I’ll say you were just trying to take care of her.’

Feeling increasingly under pressure by 10.11pm on August 13, Mays texted one friend: ‘Seriously I need as much help as I can get.’

Earlier he had taken the extraordinary step of texting the alleged victim’s father to protest his innocence and claim that he had done nothing but look after her daughter.

The text sent at 10.27pm August 13 reads: ‘Sir, this is Trent Mays. This is all a big misunderstanding. She was at the party and we talked a time. She was really drunk and I took her to xxxx’s. I never once tried to do anything forceful with your daughter and I’m sorry for all the trouble this has brought you?’

Her father replied: ‘What is on video?’

Mays claimed: ‘The only video is at xxx’s house after they carried her to the car.’

By the following day Mays’s seemed more confident after having spoken to his team football coach Reno Saccocio.

In a text sent on August 14 he claimed: ‘I got Reno he took care of it an ain’t sh*t gonna happen even if they did take it to court.’

Mays sat, blank faced and flanked by his attorneys as these words were read out at the trial slated to run until the weekend.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2293596/OMG-Please-tell-isnt-true-The-horrifying-moment-Ohio-footballers-rape-victim-discovers-TEXT-happened-passed-drunken-night.html#ixzz2NZlqSRRE" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2293596/OMG-Please-tell-isnt-true-The-horrifying-moment-Ohio-footballers-rape-victim-discovers-TEXT-happened-passed-drunken-night.html#ixzz2NZlqSRRE

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 10:57pm
This sh*t makes me so angry and these people are heartless. Victim blaming beyond me. More than two people should've been arrested.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 11:00pm
So it seems text messaging is going to be as useful these days as photos and videos are for evidence against these slime thugs. 

Date Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

This sh*t makes me so angry and these people are heartless. Victim blaming beyond me. More than two people should've been arrested.
Lamp

I agree with your whole post but especially the bold.

Date Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 11:06pm
The football coach had all the players delete their texts...seems most of these were recovered by the computer forensics analyst.

smh @ the balls that rat bastard had to text the girl's father talking about it was all a "misunderstanding"

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 10:08am
Update: they were found guilty today:

Ohio teens guilty of rape, face year-plus in jail

By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS
AP Legal Affairs Writer

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/photos/3/32718533-19f1-4fce-8515-8037950b6ef6.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT" rel="nofollow">AP Photo
AP Photo/Keith Srakocic
Sports Video

Buy AP Photo Reprints
http://www.apimages.com/fronts/Default.aspx?sh=-6543" rel="nofollow">

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio (AP) -- Two members of the high school football team that is the pride of Steubenville were found guilty Sunday of raping a drunken 16-year-old girl in a case that bitterly divided the Rust Belt city and led to accusations of a cover-up to protect the community's athletes.

Steubenville High School students Trent Mays and Ma'Lik Richmond were sentence to at least a year in juvenile jail, capping a case that came to light via a barrage of morning-after text messages, social media posts and online photos and video. Mays was sentenced to an additional year in jail on a charge of illegal use of a minor in nudity-oriented material, to be served after his rape sentence is completed.

The two teens broke down in tears after the verdict was read and later apologized to the victim and to the community. Both were emotional as they spoke, and Richmond struggled at times to talk through his sobs.

Mays, 17, and Richmond, 16, were charged with digitally penetrating the West Virginia girl, first in the back seat of a moving car after an alcohol-fueled party on Aug. 11, and then in the basement of a house. They were ordered to avoid contact with the victim until they're 21.

The case roiled the community amid allegations that more students should have been charged and led to questions about the influence of the local football team, a source of a pride in a community of 18,000 that suffered massive job losses with the collapse of the steel industry. Their arms linked, protesters stood outside the courthouse Sunday morning awaiting the verdict, some wearing masks.

The trial opened last week as a contest between prosecutors determined to show the girl was so drunk she couldn't have been a willing participant that night, and defense attorneys soliciting testimony from witnesses that would indicate that the girl, though drunk, knew what she was doing.

The teenage girl testified Saturday that she could not recall what happened the night of the attack but remembered waking up naked in a strange house after drinking at a party. The girl said she recalled drinking, leaving the party holding hands with Mays and throwing up later. When she woke up, she said she discovered her phone, earrings, shoes, and underwear were missing, she testified.

"It was really scary," she said. "I honestly did not know what to think because I could not remember anything."

The girl said she believed she was assaulted when she later read text messages among friends and saw a photo of herself taken that night, along with a video that made fun of her and the alleged attack. She said she suspected she had been drugged because she couldn't explain being as intoxicated as defense witnesses have said she was.

"They treated her like a toy," said special prosecutor Marianne Hemmeter.

Evidence introduced at the trial included graphic text messages sent by numerous students after the night of the party, including by the accuser, containing provocative descriptions of sex acts and obscene language. Lawyers noted during the trial how texts have seemed to replace talking on the phone for contemporary teens. A computer forensic expert called by the state documented tens of thousands of texts found on 17 phones seized during the investigation.

The girl herself recalled being in a car later with Mays and Richmond and asking them what happened.

"They kept telling me I was a hassle and they took care of me," she testified. "I thought I could trust him (Mays) until I saw the pictures and video."

In questioning her account, defense attorneys went after her character and credibility. Two former friends of the girl testified that the accuser had a history of drinking heavily and was known to lie.

"The reality is, she drank, she has a reputation for telling lies," said lawyer Walter Madison, representing Richmond.

The two girls testified they were angry at the accuser because she was drinking heavily at the party and rolling around on the floor. They said they tried unsuccessfully to get her to stop drinking.

The accuser said that she does not remember being photographed as she was carried by Mays and Richmond, an image that stirred up outrage, first locally, then globally, as it spread online. Others have testified the photo was a joke and the girl was conscious when it was taken.

The photograph led to allegations that three other boys, two of them members of Steubenville High's celebrated Big Red team, saw something happening that night and didn't try to stop it but instead recorded it.

The three boys weren't charged, fueling months of online accusations of a cover-up to protect the team, which law enforcement authorities have vehemently denied.

Instead, the teens were granted immunity to testify, and their accounts helped incriminate the defendants. They said the girl was so drunk she didn't seem to know what was happening to her and confirmed she was digitally penetrated in a car and later on a basement floor.

Ohio's attorney general planned to announce later Sunday whether additional charges will be brought against others in the case.

Mays and Richmond were determined to be delinquent, the juvenile equivalent of guilty, Judge Thomas Lipps ruled in the juvenile court trial without a jury.

They can be held until they're 21, and the length of their sentence beyond the minimum one year will be determined by juvenile authorities.

The Associated Press normally doesn't identify minors charged in juvenile court, but Mays and Richmond have been widely identified in news coverage, and their names have been used in open court. The AP also does not generally identify people who say they were victims of sex crimes.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 10:46am
Now u wanna feel sorry and hug yuh mama n'sh*t.  fucc 'em.  they learned.  I sometimes wonder how do mom's deal with the fact that their son is a molestor...or if they just let it pass since it wasn't their daughter that was offended. 

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 11:17am
Will they later be registered and identified as sex offenders? The police and town know they are lying and trying to protect a dang football team. And ex friends sling mud on the girl? That is just disgusting. 

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 11:27am
Now someone need to go after the person throwing parties where alcohol is accessible to 16 year olds and the rest of those young boys that were involved.

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 11:43am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

Will they later be registered and identified as sex offenders? The police and town know they are lying and trying to protect a dang football team. And ex friends sling mud on the girl? That is just disgusting. 

that cut me even more.  the whole thing reminded me of a lifetime movie.  not tryna disrespect this girl or her situation but it's like wow.  Small towns still do this type of sh*t?

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Quiann00 Quiann00 wrote:

Now someone need to go after the person throwing parties where alcohol is accessible to 16 year olds and the rest of those young boys that were involved.

one of the 3 parties was held in the coach's house Sleepy

Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Get out! Are you serious? They know good and well what goes on. That is just disgusting. Newdiva1 it does sound like a lifetime movie. They are just so out of pocket that it's crazy. I just don't understand the boys. Why would you want to be with what they described as "a dead body". No one stopped to think Angry. And these moms that are rallying around their son, don't they know that the girl is someone else's daughter?

Posted By: Quiann00
Date Posted: Mar 17 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Get out! Are you serious? They know good and well what goes on. That is just disgusting. Newdiva1 it does sound like a lifetime movie. They are just so out of pocket that it's crazy. I just don't understand the boys. Why would you want to be with what they described as "a dead body". No one stopped to think Angry. And these moms that are rallying around their son, don't they know that the girl is someone else's daughter?

Yeah, this whole town is some kinda Fckd up..
Parties involving alcohol being thrown for 16 year olds.
Girl gets rapped and it's taped..and put on the internet
The townies trying to protect those involved....
This does sound like it's straight from lifetime.

Print Page | Close Window