Print Page | Close Window

I am freaking livid

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352924
Printed Date: Dec 15 2019 at 6:27pm

Topic: I am freaking livid
Posted By: tropical-punch
Subject: I am freaking livid
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:21pm
I come home today to find out that maintenance has been in my apartment messing with my washer! Apparently, they came yesterday but I didn't notice the slip until today cause it was laid on top of another one I had on the table.

First off, I NEVER called the office to put in a maintenance request. There is nothing wrong with my washer. Second, I never allow them to come here when I am not home. So now I'm even more paranoid. Who knows when they are going to come now?!

I better go and check my valuables to make sure they are all still put. The stranger thing is, they have my name and number down as the person who submitted the request. Is there anything I can do when I call the office tomorrow?

Replies:
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:23pm
Umm... firstly, do you stay on a College campus?

Second.... WTF!?!!???

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:23pm
that's strange.  this is why apartments never really feel like home.

i wouldn't call though, i'd go into the leasing office directly.  they always bs on the phone.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:26pm
Good idea. I will go there in person.
And no, I do not live on a college campus.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:27pm
Was there any notice of such inspections happening? I know my place does it from time to time. They either put it on our  door or in the commons area. I would contact the leasing office about it if you want answers about it. I know in most leases for apt theres something about them entering into ur apt for certain things and no permission is needed. 

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:29pm
The office has caller ID right? Maybe they can check who called in the maintenance request if there was a phone call placed to their office to begin with. Maybe it was a mistake? Still creepy.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:32pm
No notice of inspections either. 

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 11:09pm
That's weird and I would be pissed too. Have the office provide the date, time, and number the request came from when you go up there.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 11:18pm
ugh
I'd be soo livid. 
My super came into my place one time. I heard talking in my kitchen. I woke my fiance and he found 2 ppl in my kitchen messing with the stove. EXCUSE ME??????

Posted By: tbaby123
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 11:23pm
I had a maintence person come in to my apt at 7am talking about they need to check my windows for something like what?!?!? That's so damn early get the out! I am a heavy sleeper so thank goodness my boyfriend was with me to hear them knock before they opened the door to my room because I certainly didn't even hear them knock and they have keys to my room

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 11:50pm
They was probably smelling yo panties, can you lock your bedroom door? My sis does everytime she leaves to keep them out.

Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 11:55pm
lacefront, don't play like that.
*faints*

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:28am
That's the norm at my apartment unfortunately, but for mandatory or requested maintenance. I've lived there all my life and we've only been home twice during the many times they come in.

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:41am

fucc that sh*t.  That's why I don't like apartment buildings.  I've never had that issue when renting in a 3 family house type situation.  My landlords don't have keys to my place and I always have to be home if something needs to be fixed.  In apartment buildings I'd come home to sh*t moved and weirdness.   I hated it.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 12:41am
I've been in my apartment for three months. It's super cold in here as well. Like...freeezing. 

I've never lived in an apartment before this, and I can't wait until my lease is up and I don't plan on moving to another apartment. Lawd it sucks. 

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 4:07am
Creepy, all the apartments I lived in had a paper you had to sign in order to allow maintenance in without you being home. 

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:54am
Maintenance can not access your premises without 1-prior notification or 2-there is an emergency within your apt. (Busted pipe, smell gas etc).

Definitely go to the leasing office & tell them about the incident. Get the name of who entered your apartment & do a background search of this dude. Ive heard many a horror story about maintenance guys that aren't properly checked & end up committing crimes. He may be a creeper. I would be a little freaked out about that.

Please make sure you let them know that you will not stand for such violation of your lease agreement, it endangers your personal safety. & document it, just in case there are more incidents. You can use that as leverage to break your lease if necessary.

However be prepared for the response "it was an accident, the maintenance guy read the Ticket wrong & it was called in for an apt below or above you.

Be safe lil mama.

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:38am
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

They was probably smelling yo panties, can you lock your bedroom door? My sis does everytime she leaves to keep them out.
LOLLOLLOLDead

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:52pm
Thanks for the advise.....

So all they had to say was there's a new girl in the office and she made a mistake. The manager said she will flag it to make sure this doesn't happen again. Angry

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:58pm
No justice no peace!

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:58pm
Check your lease agreement concering entering the premises for repairs.

Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:59pm
I left someone in my house while i went to work and she told me that the maintenance people tried to come in, but she had the top lock on. I felt violated, enraged etc. I went off on management and they gave me a story about the property being a new build and they had to install the intercom and that was the only day that it could be done, but otherwise they never would enter the apt.

After that...I had an umbrella missing. People said why would they just take an umbrella, but I think it was to mess with me...smh...

-------------
Domin

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:26pm
That is so scary from a safety standpoint. Honestly, I think you check the lease about maintenence, and see if you can break the lease. take your concerns to the leasing office. document the incident AND have them sign off on it. Usually, they are supposed to give out notices for checks and stuff at least 24hrs in advance

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:30pm
It is scary. OP don't be scared to give your leasing office hell about this. Make them hate you so much they'll call, text, email, and post messages before coming to your house unannounced again.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Check your lease agreement concering entering the premises for repairs.

This! IDK how people are quotin' and postin' rules and regulations when its going to be based on whatever is in your lease.

As a landowner though, I can tell you that its usually something along the lines of the tenant being given 24 hour notice and/or an emergency repair. And if Im not mistaken, I believe what is in the lease is going to be driven by the laws in your state/local. I think 24 hour notice is a GA law.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:32pm
Any place I've rented from can come in when they damn well please, for whatever reason. And if they want/need a reason, they can make up one.

"We had a leak and wasn't sure which apt it was coming from."

-------------

Posted By: nicks_hotmama06
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 10:33pm
Um.....this is scary. A lady was attacked by a maintenance worker. All the apartments I have lived in required notice of impending inspections. I did wake up to the pest control in my place one day... WTH. He came a day early. This was before hubby got a gun and took me to the range.

-------------
I don't understand all His ways, but my faith keeps me going.....

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:23pm
So this is what the lease says "Resident shall allow Owner or Owner's agents and representatives access to the premises to the extent permitted by law for the purpose of making repairs, alterations or improvements and preforming routine maintenance"

But in my case, no maintenance was required.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:35pm
off topic

An old neighbor of mine had  a pet boa that he pretty much let roam free in his apt. He used to tease us about our unexpected maintenance drop ins because they never did that to him.  They'd always call first and make sure he was going to be there before entering lol.  

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

So this is what the lease says "Resident shall allow Owner or Owner's agents and representatives access to the premises to the extent permitted by law for the purpose of making repairs, alterations or improvements and preforming routine maintenance"

But in my case, no maintenance was required.

routine maintenance includes inspections.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

off topic

An old neighbor of mine had  a pet boa that he pretty much let roam free in his apt. He used to tease us about our unexpected maintenance drop ins because they never did that to him.  They'd always call first and make sure he was going to be there before entering lol.  

Indeed. LOL Since I have had my babykins folks are scared to come to my place.  Folks call, They peek in the door before they step gingerly in.LOL  I keep him in his tank if i'm not holding him but other folk don't know that.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Print Page | Close Window