Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352886
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 9:16am

Topic: Why did you go curly?
Posted By: darealtipwifey1
Subject: Why did you go curly?
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 7:18am
Okay, so I'm looking through all the pics on here of these luscious curly weaves and I got to thinking. When did you get on the curly bandwagon? Was it for the trend or because you really love curls. let everyone know of your fling with curly hair. Big smile Show pics of your best curly weaves if you got them too.

-------------
#bossbytchmentality

"maybe you too can be a boss." -lola monroe

Replies:
Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 8:55am
I wanted something different. I'm mainly either a straight or wavy type of weave wearer. I do like curly hair but the maintenance is high for me so the next time I would wear curly is on a u-part or closure wig.

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Posted By: pinkdiemond
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 9:01am
easy to maintain for me and I dont have to apply heat.... 

-------------
Janice 3:16 For Janice so loved the world she gave her only begotten hair that whoever believes in Her shall not perish but have everlasting virginity

Posted By: fredricafekkai
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 10:11am
i like big, full hair it fits my face more. 

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by pinkdiemond pinkdiemond wrote:

easy to maintain for me and I dont have to apply heat.... 

^this. Once I figured out the right products for the hair my daily routine became a breeze.

Posted By: darealtipwifey1
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 1:22pm
I like curly because I like to feel like Diana Ross. I think I have an addiction to curls because I don't even get straight no more. The close I get to straight is body wave. But my hair got to have a curl to it. I think it's the volume and body that does it for me.

-------------
#bossbytchmentality

"maybe you too can be a boss." -lola monroe

Posted By: msbhavn90250
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 7:22pm
easier to maintain while working out

Posted By: mandiwilliams25
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:25am
I am natural so it's easier and I don't have to use heat Smile.

Posted By: Becky
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:31am
Do Lace Wigs count? Wink

I just started with to kinky curly lace wigs and the above is right! Once you find the right hair products - managing this texture is not a problem.

It looks glorious and so natural also. And now when I look at my straight wigs .. I wonder .. what was I thinking?

Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:11am
I first started wearing curly hair. I believe my first weave after I joined BHM was some type of indian curly. I just loved the curls, I thought they were adorable, and I'd never worn that style before.

I got annoyed with it quickly, though. I've worn curly one other time since then (3 years ago) but to me, it's just annoying to maintain. I like flexibility in the type of style I'm able to wear and I've always been a sucker for straight hair so...yeah. I was going to try some type of wavy hair this year but I'm addicted to coarse/textured hair so I may try a yaki wavy.

-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 2:46pm
I went curly because it's easier. And it's not as common. It fits my personality more, makes me look younger and slimmer.

It wouldn't have made sense for me to wear straight weave, it would  take the same amount of time and effort to wear my own hair straight. Curly weave takes far less maintenance , no styling needed.

If it starts to rain, it may get a lil frizzy but it gets curlier so it's still cute, not like straight hair gets when it rains. I don't have to flat iron it again to get it back into shape. I don't have to wrap it at night.

I like the uniqueness of it. I have a variety of curls sizes/patterns in my install (u part ) and unlike BSS curly, I don't see anyone else w/ the same curl pattern. Straight hair on me would be straight hair on damn near everyone else. I don't want to hair the same hair as the masses.

It will be 4 yrs that I've hair my Wags NC. I have never straightened it. Doubt I ever will. Lazy

-------------

Posted By: GA_Diva
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:35am
Low maintenance to me Wink

Posted By: LaLady
Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 8:16pm
going curly is the new bandwagon?
havent lurked here in a while.. but for me.. i want to cut down on using heat.

Posted By: rredict
Date Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 3:47pm
Easy to maintain. I just look better with big hair.

Posted By: ladysweetness
Date Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 9:37am
I went curly because I wanted a change from the wavy hair I usually do

Posted By: nappyface
Date Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 10:44am
Daren't do heat styling with my toddler zipping around 100mph!

Posted By: kandyse1988
Date Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 4:57pm
Well for me the reason why I started wearing curly hair was because of my natural hair breakage, I been blending my leave out with straight weave for five months straight and then I noticed my natural curl pattern was damaged so I sought and alternative route which was to get curly hair that my hair can blend with, I never tried a lace closure but since I know about them now I am saving for my next order of weaves... Lol ...

Posted By: MISS CR
Date Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 5:03pm
Easier to style. Just shake and go (after the right productsWink)

Print Page | Close Window