Print Page | Close Window

Family members you love but dont really like

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352748
Printed Date: Aug 16 2018 at 12:25pm

Topic: Family members you love but dont really like
Posted By: eanaj5
Subject: Family members you love but dont really like
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:35pm
My dad and i briefly had a conversation the other day in which i told him that while i love my siblings, i dont like half of them.

Like, if we werent family i legit would not attempt to be friendly with these nigras Sleepy
My older sister is a triflin jealous heffer
Brother # 3 is a lying, scheming, boastful bastid
and brother # 4 is just gullible and extremely cocky and talkative
I dont usually get along with fire/air signs anyways though.

Who are yall forced to get along with in yall family trees?

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Replies:
Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:39pm
i dont like my aunt at the moment. she wants me to help plan a 100 guests wedding on a $500 dollar budget tuh 

and i dont like my uncle rj 
he always has something to say with his dumb ass

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:42pm
Well, I have a few cousins that I don't really care for but if one of them ends up sick, I'll show up in the hospital.

Really, if it isn't my mom or sister( even my dad I'm distancing myself from), I really don't care too much because they haven't shown the same to me. However, family does come together in tragedy. Hate that it's like that. But I can't stand phoney people.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:43pm
At this point, I'm only side eyeing one family member for their actions. I don't know what they are thinking but it will affect err'one negatively so I am not a big fan of them at the moment.Sleepy

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:44pm
A lot of the mofo's on my maternal side.

Petty, catty, gossiping asses. Can't stand em!

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:44pm
All of my mother's siblings.

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:45pm
I don't like my mom, grandmother, sister, aunt, father,or my former best friend/cousin.. These b@tches have issues...

Instead of putting up with their constant negativity, I just cut them all off...

-------------

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:49pm
my parents 

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:51pm
Everyone except for my sister and my 2nd oldest brother

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:51pm
It would be my oldest brother we have nothing in common and I know for a fact he is jelly cause im the youngest and only girl he says im a spoiled brat and dramatic, welp what do you think my mum and dad waited a long time for me and do you really think they are not always going have a nice cushion for their baby we don't talk my other two I love to pieces especially my second bro....thats my protectorSmile

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

I don't like my mom, grandmother, sister, aunt, father,or my former best friend/cousin.. These b@tches have issues...

Instead of putting up with their constant negativity, I just cut them all off...

dang...that's a lot of people....and a lot of them are women...

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: MissCapricorn
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:59pm
One of my aunt's on my mother side...we're like oil and water

-------------
And then there were two...

<-----------------------------puppy Xena and poppa Zeus

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:03pm
i feel like if i wasnt family with my sisters i wouldnt have them as friends

its sad but its the truth

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:06pm
Shocked

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:11pm

As I've gotten older I've learned that many of us are related to people that we don't love. When we are young and all live under the same roof, we tend to think that we have such good relationships with family.

As you get older, start to create your own life and find your own friends you learn that in some cases, many but not ALL...but in some cases the relationship changes and honestly you become more acquaintances.  You develop your own personality, likes and dislikes and you see things in your family that you "missed" when you were young.

Many of my family members I would not talk to if not related.  I really see this in my husbands family when you have created a better life for yourself, family can really act funny and we cut those people back.  My life is too precious and life is to short to TRY and make people change, or make people love me, like me, accept me....I got to keep it moving....cause in the end....I'm wasting my life...and you can't ever get that TIME BACK...

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:11pm
I want to come to some of y'alls family get togethers. LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by sunshine321511 sunshine321511 wrote:

As I've gotten older I've learned that many of us are related to people that we don't love. When we are young and all live under the same roof, we tend to think that we have such good relationships with family.

As you get older, start to create your own life and find your own friends you learn that in some cases, many but not ALL...but in some cases the relationship changes and honestly you become more acquaintances.  You develop your own personality, likes and dislikes and you see things in your family that you "missed" when you were young.

Many of my family members I would not talk to if not related.  I really see this in my husbands family when you have created a better life for yourself, family can really act funny and we cut those people back.  My life is too precious and life is to short to TRY and make people change, or make people love me, like me, accept me....I got to keep it moving....cause in the end....I'm wasting my life...and you can't ever get that TIME BACK...

every part of this is so true!

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:14pm
It is Pity.. I was going to write out the reasons why but it might clue people to my identity.. But I promise it's all really good reasons..

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:16pm
I love my second oldest sister.. but I don't like her.

She's horribly jealous, lies a lot, is very two-faced, and steals all. The. Time. She is known by everyone for stealing and being a two-faced pack rat. She also gossips like a kid and will be the first to insult you, no matter how wrong she is and how right you are. Dead When something happens, she'll immediately run out to everyone to tell her side to make you look like the bad person and her the victim.

I was traumatized enough growing up and living with her and although she's gone now, I actively keep a cordial distance from her. I cannot emotionally afford to be close with her because of how toxic she is. And she portrays herself like a well-put person who has her life together, but her personality and habits are just awful.

-------------

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:22pm
For years, my grandmother was that person. I couldn't stand her and made no bones about it. After my grandfather passed, I felt compelled to make amends.

Now, that person is my great aunt - although I don't love her. I don't know her well enough, but I know I don't care for her. She's miserable, lazy, and always looking for someone (my mother) to do something for her. She hasn't done anything to help herself or her situation, but wants sympathy.

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:24pm
i dont like my grandma, but no one does Stern Smile
i don't per say "like" most people though

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I love my second oldest sister.. but I don't like her.

She's horribly jealous, lies a lot, is very two-faced, and steals all. The. Time. She is known by everyone for stealing and being a two-faced pack rat. She also gossips like a kid and will be the first to insult you, no matter how wrong she is and how right you are. Dead When something happens, she'll immediately run out to everyone to tell her side to make you look like the bad person and her the victim.

I was traumatized enough growing up and living with her and although she's gone now, I actively keep a cordial distance from her. I cannot emotionally afford to be close with her because of how toxic she is. And she portrays herself like a well-put person who has her life together, but her personality and habits are just awful.

Hm. Sounds a lot like my cousin. He's another one. I love him to death, but I don't like who he is (as a person). The person he truly is, is completely different than the person he wants to portray. The one he wants the world to see. He wants us to rebuild our relationship, but I can't afford to get close, close to him.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:51pm
Over christmas 2 of my family members told me that I'm the family member they love but don't like. So...yeah.

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:54pm
i love my siblings. i like them as siblings too. 
im 'friends' with all of them though. 

there are times when im like, ugh. but its a loving ugh.

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:56pm
I can't stand one of my cousins because he is a thief, a woman beater and trifling as hell.

Posted By: lollypop036
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:01pm
2 of my cousins on my dad's side in nigeria. they're wealthier than my fam, well not really but their dad is a lot more generous with his money than mine. they boast a lot, very arrogant and i always feel like they judge/look down on me because i live in england rather than nigeria, i'm not all fancy, dont have all the latest stuff or wear designer clothes. one of them is always telling me to dump my boyfriend because he's white and not wealthy. they're just quite unpleasant in general
i love them but kind of dislike them at the same time

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 8:59pm
None.  I either love you or hate you.

-------------
Laws are not written to protect children and women. They are written to protect MEN. - TokyoRose (truncated unfortunately)

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:02pm
my auntie. she hates our family but she wont come right out and say it. she hates us kids just cause...

i dont like her..but i say i love her from time to time....but the end is near...i feel it coming...
Evil Smile

-------------

Posted By: Adrian
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:07pm
I neither love nor like my grandfather. He's mean and his jokes are corny.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:08pm
My dad

-------------
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:10pm
Way too many to name. 

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:26pm
My Dad's 2 younger sisters

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

It is Pity.. I was going to write out the reasons why but it might clue people to my identity.. But I promise it's all really good reasons..

secret ninja?!Shocked

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: MsBianca
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:03pm
right now, i dislike my mother and father... and that's really a struggle for me because i love them so much.

but this year, they have been working my nerves...
they've been divorced since i was 5yrs old so they are not together, but ...

my mom is ungrateful, selfish, thinks the world owes her something, messes with a DEAD-BEAT no-good negro (yes at HER AGE... late 50's), and thinks she knows more about anything than anybody else (i could write a book on this woman right now... but i won't lol)

my dad is getting super mean the older he gets... he doesn't care what he says these days... he is negative, he judges people excessively, and he is always getting pissed off for no reason...
as a matter of fact, my brother and i just got off a 3 way call with him tonight and we had to check him for being so mean...

smh... i need a drank...

but i LOVE them both dearly and i know they love us too... but ... COME ON!!

Posted By: Kiwistardust
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:14pm
I don't like my brothers. One is 2 years older and is a good-for-nothing-so-and-so, and the other is (really my half-brother, but my mom hates that term prooooooobably due to all her siblings being halves but raised together -- that's another thread entirely) 12 years younger and gets EVERYTHING. Yeah I'm bitter. Angry Kiss my @$$.

-------------

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:21pm
In my family we all have issues but I could NEVER cut off any of them jokers off.  My family is everything to me.  My brothers have done some real stupid stuff that has affected us all.  My sister and I had a couple terrible fights but we were so close I felt her tearing away when she passed.  My parents aren't perfect but they are my parents you know?  I mean maybe I'm naive to some of the things that happen in families but no matter what it feels like they are all I really have.  My husband could leave me tomorrow.  My friends may move away or not like something I do and cut me off.  But my blood?  I never even bothered to think about whether I like them or not.  That's my people.

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Way too many to name. 

Same here, glad they broke too so I have no chance of them trying to visit or call me

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 9:02am
My mom and about 4 out of 6 of her sisters....I like my mom actually but in small doses. But a few of older sisters are a mess. They are so damn judgmental and think they can say anything out of their mouth just because. smh I dont speak to them if i dont have too

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:41am
My grandmother on my mom's side.

My mom told me stories about how she was treated by my grandmother growing up. Let's just say, I've grown to dislike her myself. 

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 10:44am
interesting...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 11:29am
BHM, does not forget...

-------------

Posted By: csungrl09
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 1:37pm
Almost all of my step family. Like 8 out of 10 of my step siblings are on my imaginary hit list. I don't like half of them at all and the other 3 are walking the borderline of like and hate. As for my real fam, there are a few people I don't mess with but I still love them.

-------------
Even with a low LSAT, i'm a hot commodity.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 1:48pm
One of my female cousins. She's messy, dramatic, shallow, and childish as hell.

She is always scheming and planning on how to get over on people, whether it be family, friends, employers, the government. Long as she gets something for nothing, she's okay.

She has flat-out told me she only keeps having children to keep her section 8 apartment and her ridiculously high amount of food stamps and cash assistance. Most of her children are a grade behind where they should be, but as long as they're good at football and look good in their Jordans, she's okay with that.

She knowingly dates a down-low brother to get back at one of our male cousins she hates who used to date the guy.

She sealed the deal for me when she stayed with a man who hit her developmentally delayed son, and only hated him when he left her for someone else.

If we were not family, I wouldn't even breathe the same air as that b!tch EVER in life.

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 2:27pm
The bitch whom I was talking about cutting in the Confessions thread is my mother's youngest child. I wouldnt even claim her trifling ass if we all didnt look alike.

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 2:41pm
i dont like my brother inlaw or his wife. i dont even want my kids around them.

i have a really catty jealous aunt who i love but i dont like or trust her.

i have some bougie family on my maternal grandma side. my granny told me that they didnt accept people who didnt pass the paper bag test into the family.

Print Page | Close Window