Print Page | Close Window

split ends should i cut or let it grow out

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth (Newbies)
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352739
Printed Date: Dec 12 2017 at 4:55pm

Topic: split ends should i cut or let it grow out
Posted By: cicisweetie120
Subject: split ends should i cut or let it grow out
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 2:40pm
if i let my split ends grow out how can i manage and make it healthy without the split ends

or

should i cut it AGAIN and start fresh

my current regime effective um yesturday lol

mizani shampoo
loreal hairr fixer
mizani straightening serum
flat iron
mizani hairdress cream applied throught hair and ends
wrap
razac serum oil spray (from a distance two sprays) to give it a polishing look
Heart

Replies:
Posted By: scox89
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 2:55pm
stop the heat... trim the splits so they don't go up the shaft. deep condition once a week. protective style if you can.

Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 2:56pm
but the issue it that my hair is naturally curly and unmanagble my perm is at my ends so i guess i will cut it 

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 5:51pm
Get  a trim.

How often are you flat ironing?

I use heat (tension blowdry every wash).. but I only flat iron every 4 months or so.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:25pm
Clip the ends or else the split could travel up the strand as someone mentioned.

Posted By: NaturallySam
Date Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:38pm
clip or dust the ends right above the splits. Where is the moisture in your hair regimen? I flat-iron every two weeks in the winter and go curly in the summer. If you must flat-iron, you HAVE to incorporate moisture. Make sure you are deep conditioning before flat-ironing and using a light water based moisturizer (sparingly to retain the straight look) on your ends and sealing with a light oil ( i use castor oil or vitamin e oil). Give your hair a break from the heart sometimes. You cant try blending you relaxed ends with your natural new growth by doing bantu knot, braid, or twist outs that way you can maintain a large amount moisture. 

Posted By: ClassicBeautee
Date Posted: Mar 20 2013 at 9:35pm
Trim them, moisturize your ends regularly and seal with oil. Avoid excessive heat/ chemical use bc you'll be repeating the cycle of breakage.

Posted By: BISFORBRIT
Date Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 2:48pm
I'd definitely clip them. The split end will travel all the way up to your scalp. It sucks.

Posted By: NattyDoll
Date Posted: Apr 03 2013 at 1:38pm
Split ends definitely need to be gotten rid of! This is why everyone says that trims encourage growth. Split ends and overdead hair can start ruining the hair shaft above it.

Definitely avoid heat like everyone says. Before I ever started dying and straightening my hair years and years ago, I NEVER got split ends. I think pulling my hair into a ponytail all the time helped as well, as hair that lies flat on your body can get tangled in things much easier, or even tangled amongst itself (this of course is advice for when your hair reaches those lengths). Just whatever you do, avoid causing further damage!

I'm actually in need of a trim myself, but I'm avoiding it at all costs (it took so long to reach this full SL!) I don't think I have split ends, but my ends are incredibly damaged and dried-out. But to lengthen the time between trims, I make sure I use damage repair shampoos, conditioners and deep conditioners. I use a leave-in conditioner (my new favourite is Profectiv Beautiful Lengths hair lotion, it helps strengthen the hair and prevent further breakage and splitting). And if I NEED to straighten, I make sure to use a heat protecting spray. This is a MUST! So far, I've been able to "heal" my hair a good bit this way. I may be able to get away without trimming until after summer if I can keep up with everything (now that I'm keeping away from heat and bleach/hair dye).

Also, the right hair brush can help prevent split ends! Mine looks like this, and I love how it glides through my hair and never gets caught (even when my hair is wet):

Date Posted: May 15 2013 at 12:56pm
i trimed it guys

Print Page | Close Window