Print Page | Close Window

Gay Struggle=Black Struggle?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352722
Printed Date: Dec 09 2018 at 1:23pm


Topic: Gay Struggle=Black Struggle?
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Gay Struggle=Black Struggle?
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:03pm
ive seen this statement come up a lot this past year mostly by whites.  Do you feel that the gay fight for equality is the same as blacks fight for equality?

vids not important im more interested in a response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlowcuNHxo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlowcuNHxo





Replies:
Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:07pm
NO.

/thread


-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:07pm
Didn't watch the video. I used to think it was the same then I came to my sense and they are not the same. Gays will never know our struggle...

You can hide your sexual orientation but you cannot hide your race.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

NO.

/thread


-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:10pm
Oh gosh no. U can hide being gay but this skin color, I can't.


Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

NO.

/thread


Exactly.. Cute guy though..

-------------


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:16pm
Saying they are not the same doesn't make the discrimination any less real though. There are all sorts of ways discrimination can impact society and the severity and degree depends on the specific cultural norms.

In some cultures gay discrimination is more severe because race isn't as important. In some cultures people with mental and physical disabilities are murdered at young ages or birth. In some societies women are treated as less than human beings.

I just see no need to compare the gay rights movement with any other. It is just to seek equality on it's own merit.

-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:16pm
its not the same

its not the same

its not the same

that's all.


-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins


Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

Didn't watch the video. I used to think it was the same then I came to my sense and they are not the same. Gays will never know our struggle...

You can hide your sexual orientation but you cannot hide your race.

Exactly!! As soon as a black steps on the scene they are seen... Gays/lesbians can always hide...


-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..


Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:19pm
no. They were never enslaved. . No we can never have sh*t. . No

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)


Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:19pm
There was this cool author called James Baldwin and he was a gay black man, during the civil rights area, and he was strongly involved in the civil rights movement. I think he knew at that time that he couldn't do as much for the gay movement due to the era he was in.(put that in there for people who don't know about him to empathizeWink btw) I wasn't trying to digress, but I think the gay rights should be acknowledged more properly. Even though many black people including myself have a background in certain faiths. Everybody has their own will and I will not force my belief on anyone else. Gay Struggle doesn't exactly equal Black struggle , but the gay struggle should not be dismissed..


-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:21pm
no, never.
not every injustice is equivalent to the other. 
every marginalized person shouldn't be automatically in support of the other. 


-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:23pm
no not the same.
however I hate when ppl try to use them being not the same--- to some how dismiss it.

Not anyone in this thread---(yet) lol

has said the all too common - 'ppl choose to be gay while blacks can't  choose to be black"
you are what you are...meh.


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:24pm
In general, I say no.

Do they have some legal obstacles in the U.S. that appear similar? Yes. Do they face discrimination that is similar to blacks? Yes. (But not on the same scale/magnitude).

But no, the "struggle" is not the same and never will be. Doesn't mean there aren't things in common.


Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:27pm
I cringe when I think about black history........gay history, not so much


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:29pm
I believe that being a gay POC brings about a whole other dimension and that even then, you can't compare the struggle of a white gay male with one of a black gay male. race brings it to a diff. level

i'm too tired to write out a long drawn out thesis, but check out tumblr if you want one LOL


-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

NO.

/thread
LOLClap

-------------


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:53pm
I hate comparing struggles. I think some people get off saying that their struggle is more than another person's struggle.

-------------
yo


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 6:57pm
gay folk have faced discrimination
black folk/POC have faced discrimination

Thats where it ends


-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]


Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

ive seen this statement come up a lot this past year mostly by whites.  Do you feel that the gay fight for equality is the same as blacks fight for equality?

vids not important im more interested in a response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlowcuNHxo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlowcuNHxo



@ the concept not you opLOL
image it will never compare


-------------


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

I believe that being a gay POC brings about a whole other dimension and that even then, you can't compare the struggle of a white gay male with one of a black gay male. race brings it to a diff. level

i'm too tired to write out a long drawn out thesis, but check out tumblr if you want one LOL



-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR



Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:17pm
Have the gays not heard of the Jewish struggle? More similarities it seems.

I mean since they need to compare their struggle to another one.


-------------


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:43pm
hell no! fucc no!  that is the one subject my gay friends and I will argue.  They swear it is and I'm like allyuh out your gaddamn minds.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.


Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I hate comparing struggles. I think some people get off saying that their struggle is more than another person's struggle.

oppression olympics. Its disgusting


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 7:57pm
well there are gay blacks....so yes they are discriminated against as double minorities...their struggle is unique. but is it the SAME? no. although nobody should have to and some might be better at it than others--you can hide your sexuality and fake the funk.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:51pm
no not at all, they weren't brought over on a boat in chains, sold at auction moma, daddy, and baby in different directions for $5..beat by day and raped by night, then get up and pick cotton for 50 years, shot, murdered or hung if they didn't work hard enough or tried to run away or just be black period.. 

nope their struggles isn't like our struggle, never has been.. they've faced discrimination but that's not all we faced our families split up and our spirits broken.. it really kind of offends me that they use that all the time, its not even close.. .. 


-------------


Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 8:58pm
^^^^^


-------------


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

NO.

/thread
LMFAO

I compare it to the witch hunts back in the day.


-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:36pm
As a Black, gay person, No.

There can be some comparisons drawn though.


-------------
Domin


Posted By: Lhdc2011
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:44pm
It is annoying that people keep saying you can hide your sexuality, so it's easy. Who the hell wants to do that? You are expected to say you're single or if you say you're not single, as a gay woman, the next thing that follows is "how long have you been with your boyfriend". I guess you're just supposed to lie and say that your girlfriend is a boyfriend. Or when you are hit on by a man when you're with your girlfriend, or when you're supposed to say "the person that I am with" when a heterosexual doesn't think twice before saying my boyfriend or girlfriend or when you're asked if the woman you're holding hands with is your sister...or cousin or etc.




-------------
Domin


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:47pm
You know what?  I am just about sick and tired of white people acting as though they have the authority to compare struggles.  The struggle for civil rights for gays and blacks are similar in some respects, but they are in no way the same. 

I sometimes think whites like to compare the black struggle to that of women, gays, Jews (to which there is historical evidence that they were, in fact, never enslaved by the Egyptians--but that is another thread) and other groups to trivialize our struggle and to tell us, "It's not really THAT bad.  Other groups struggled, too!"


-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

You know what?  I am just about sick and tired of white people acting as though they have the authority to compare struggles.  The struggle for civil rights for gays and blacks are similar in some respects, but they are in no way the same. 

I sometimes think whites like to compare the black struggle to that of women, gays, Jews (to which there is historical evidence that they were, in fact, never enslaved by the Egyptians--but that is another thread) and other groups to trivialize our struggle and to tell us, "It's not really THAT bad.  Other groups struggled, too!"


care to share that info? I have never heard that before


-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

You know what?  I am just about sick and tired of white people acting as though they have the authority to compare struggles.  The struggle for civil rights for gays and blacks are similar in some respects, but they are in no way the same. 

I sometimes think whites like to compare the black struggle to that of women, gays, Jews (to which there is historical evidence that they were, in fact, never enslaved by the Egyptians--but that is another thread) and other groups to trivialize our struggle and to tell us, "It's not really THAT bad.  Other groups struggled, too!"


care to share that info? I have never heard that before


Well, according to several Egyptologists and historians, they say that the claim that Hebrews were enslaved was false.  They said that according to hieroglyphic writings, there was no mention of a people called "Hebrew" they had interacted with, let alone conquered.  Jews claim that they were enslaved and built the pyramids, but it is well known by historians that foreign people or slaves would not have been ALLOWED to build the pyramids because it was a job that was seen as very prestigious.  Those who were chosen to build pyramids for the ruling king were paid and treated very well and I believe they were even allowed to be buried either in or near the pyramid when they died.

Some are even saying that the time frames for the building of the pyramids and Hebrew presence in Egypt is completely off. 

I read one article by a guy who studied ancient Egypt who said even the term "pharaoh" was not a term used by the ancient Egyptians and was, in fact, a foreign word that did not necessarily appear in hieroglyphs. 

The name "Moses" is a slight variation of the Egyptian word for "son," for example, Rah-messes is the son of the god Rah, so they are saying "the Moses" could have been one of many different people, as it was a generic name.


-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 11:10pm
Thanks...I need to research that.

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins


Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

no, never.
not every injustice is equivalent to the other. 
every marginalized person shouldn't be automatically in support of the other. 


Exactly


Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

You know what?  I am just about sick and tired of white people acting as though they have the authority to compare struggles.  The struggle for civil rights for gays and blacks are similar in some respects, but they are in no way the same. 

I sometimes think whites like to compare the black struggle to that of women, gays, Jews (to which there is historical evidence that they were, in fact, never enslaved by the Egyptians--but that is another thread) and other groups to trivialize our struggle and to tell us, "It's not really THAT bad.  Other groups struggled, too!"


care to share that info? I have never heard that before


Well, according to several Egyptologists and historians, they say that the claim that Hebrews were enslaved was false.  They said that according to hieroglyphic writings, there was no mention of a people called "Hebrew" they had interacted with, let alone conquered.  Jews claim that they were enslaved and built the pyramids, but it is well known by historians that foreign people or slaves would not have been ALLOWED to build the pyramids because it was a job that was seen as very prestigious.  Those who were chosen to build pyramids for the ruling king were paid and treated very well and I believe they were even allowed to be buried either in or near the pyramid when they died.

Some are even saying that the time frames for the building of the pyramids and Hebrew presence in Egypt is completely off. 

I read one article by a guy who studied ancient Egypt who said even the term "pharaoh" was not a term used by the ancient Egyptians and was, in fact, a foreign word that did not necessarily appear in hieroglyphs. 

The name "Moses" is a slight variation of the Egyptian word for "son," for example, Rah-messes is the son of the god Rah, so they are saying "the Moses" could have been one of many different people, as it was a generic name.
LOLThose are the same folks that's steeel trying to convince the whole world that the land of Egypt (or Mizraim, to get technical) was only populated by people who looked like this though:



So I wouldn't take anything that these so called Historians or Egyptologist say seriously. Lets not forget that the people living there now didn't descend from the people that originally dwelled in that land and ruled at the time. 
Zahi Hawass
being an expert on Egyptian history and antiquities is like some white person trying to do the same for the Natives of North, South and Central AmericaStern Smile



-------------


Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:18am


One of my favorite TV scenes of all time. And then when Aunt Viv came in and that pecker-wood made her so mad she took off her errangs? MAN!  LOL

-------------


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:43am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

You know what?  I am just about sick and tired of white people acting as though they have the authority to compare struggles.  The struggle for civil rights for gays and blacks are similar in some respects, but they are in no way the same. 

I sometimes think whites like to compare the black struggle to that of women, gays, Jews (to which there is historical evidence that they were, in fact, never enslaved by the Egyptians--but that is another thread) and other groups to trivialize our struggle and to tell us, "It's not really THAT bad.  Other groups struggled, too!"


care to share that info? I have never heard that before


Well, according to several Egyptologists and historians, they say that the claim that Hebrews were enslaved was false.  They said that according to hieroglyphic writings, there was no mention of a people called "Hebrew" they had interacted with, let alone conquered.  Jews claim that they were enslaved and built the pyramids, but it is well known by historians that foreign people or slaves would not have been ALLOWED to build the pyramids because it was a job that was seen as very prestigious.  Those who were chosen to build pyramids for the ruling king were paid and treated very well and I believe they were even allowed to be buried either in or near the pyramid when they died.

Some are even saying that the time frames for the building of the pyramids and Hebrew presence in Egypt is completely off. 

I read one article by a guy who studied ancient Egypt who said even the term "pharaoh" was not a term used by the ancient Egyptians and was, in fact, a foreign word that did not necessarily appear in hieroglyphs. 

The name "Moses" is a slight variation of the Egyptian word for "son," for example, Rah-messes is the son of the god Rah, so they are saying "the Moses" could have been one of many different people, as it was a generic name.
LOLThose are the same folks that's steeel trying to convince the whole world that the land of Egypt (or Mizraim, to get technical) was only populated by people who looked like this though:



So I wouldn't take anything that these so called Historians or Egyptologist say seriously. Lets not forget that the people living there now didn't descend from the people that originally dwelled in that land and ruled at the time. 
Zahi Hawass
being an expert on Egyptian history and antiquities is like some white person trying to do the same for the Natives of North, South and Central AmericaStern Smile



Most credible historians do not agree with the Hollywood portrayal of Egypt, so your analysis is a bit misguided.  There are Egyptians who study this who have said that there is no evidence in any hieroglyphs they have come across that says Hebrews were enslaved by Egyptians.  Again, the greater community that studies ancient Egypt agrees that the people who are there now are not the people who were around during Egypt, but they also say that there is NO RECORD of Hebrews being enslaved OR building pyramids.  So, if you want to refute the records of the ancient Egyptians themselves, then I would imagine you would have to come up with some pretty fantastic evidence to change well-established facts. 

To say that a person not native to a certain region of the world can't become an expert in its history is kind of ridiculous.  I mean, just because Basil Davidson happens to be a white guy, I don't automatically disregard his research on Africa because of it.  It's only when one wants to push a certain agenda that I become a bit suspicious. 

I mean, can we say that you, yourself, are doing the same thing?  Imposing your ideas about the cultural and social habits of ancient Egyptians that weren't true?  Do you mean to tell me that you know better than ancient Egyptians about the economic and social constructs of pyramid building?



-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:43am
aaaannnnnd we're off! 

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:53am
To anyone interested, some interesting stuff:

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4191


-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:57am
i don't know anything about this but a colleague of mine researches Ancient Egypt and just wrote a law review article on it's legal structure....and a bit about how many of the Ancient Egyptians were black [or maybe she doesn't talk about that but we've spoken about it in person]. 

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 3:20am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

You know what?  I am just about sick and tired of white people acting as though they have the authority to compare struggles.  The struggle for civil rights for gays and blacks are similar in some respects, but they are in no way the same. 

I sometimes think whites like to compare the black struggle to that of women, gays, Jews (to which there is historical evidence that they were, in fact, never enslaved by the Egyptians--but that is another thread) and other groups to trivialize our struggle and to tell us, "It's not really THAT bad.  Other groups struggled, too!"


care to share that info? I have never heard that before


Well, according to several Egyptologists and historians, they say that the claim that Hebrews were enslaved was false.  They said that according to hieroglyphic writings, there was no mention of a people called "Hebrew" they had interacted with, let alone conquered.  Jews claim that they were enslaved and built the pyramids, but it is well known by historians that foreign people or slaves would not have been ALLOWED to build the pyramids because it was a job that was seen as very prestigious.  Those who were chosen to build pyramids for the ruling king were paid and treated very well and I believe they were even allowed to be buried either in or near the pyramid when they died.

Some are even saying that the time frames for the building of the pyramids and Hebrew presence in Egypt is completely off. 

I read one article by a guy who studied ancient Egypt who said even the term "pharaoh" was not a term used by the ancient Egyptians and was, in fact, a foreign word that did not necessarily appear in hieroglyphs. 

The name "Moses" is a slight variation of the Egyptian word for "son," for example, Rah-messes is the son of the god Rah, so they are saying "the Moses" could have been one of many different people, as it was a generic name.
LOLThose are the same folks that's steeel trying to convince the whole world that the land of Egypt (or Mizraim, to get technical) was only populated by people who looked like this though:



So I wouldn't take anything that these so called Historians or Egyptologist say seriously. Lets not forget that the people living there now didn't descend from the people that originally dwelled in that land and ruled at the time. 
Zahi Hawass
being an expert on Egyptian history and antiquities is like some white person trying to do the same for the Natives of North, South and Central AmericaStern Smile



Most credible historians do not agree with the Hollywood portrayal of Egypt, so your analysis is a bit misguided.  There are Egyptians who study this who have said that there is no evidence in any hieroglyphs they have come across that says Hebrews were enslaved by Egyptians.  Again, the greater community that studies ancient Egypt agrees that the people who are there now are not the people who were around during Egypt, but they also say that there is NO RECORD of Hebrews being enslaved OR building pyramids.  So, if you want to refute the records of the ancient Egyptians themselves, then I would imagine you would have to come up with some pretty fantastic evidence to change well-established facts.

Don't think for one minute I was start talking on things I don't know about or haven't studied on. This is why I always stress the importance of reading and researching things for yourself instead of going by what the next person says from Nat Geo or the HIStory Channel and then regurgitating it as if it's factual. They didn't come out with the term "if you wanna hide something from a nicca, put it in a book" for no reason. There are plenty of books with photos of ancient images of enslaved Hebrews in Ancient Egypt. You can find some within the first 60-70 pages in the book "The Image of Black in Western Art: From the Pharaohs to the Fall of The Roman Empire" which was published in the 70's. If you ain't know this already, the Hebrews are black, just like the Egyptians. But don't hold your breath waiting for "scholars" to tell you that.
One major way you can identify them as Hebrew is by their garments/attire.  In the above book, damn near 98% of the artwork depicting enslaved Hebrews were dated during the same time of the captivity in Egypt. So the idea that the people of Mizraim (aka Egypt) never enslaved Hebrews is a fuccin lie; not because I said it, or Mr. Hawass said it or Nat Geo said it. The archeological findings speak for themselves. Not a single Dynasty/Empire have existed on this earth without the use of slave labor to build the civilization. That is just common sense, no degree required. If the Egyptians didn't have Hebrews as slaves like they claim, then who, according to them, did they have in captivity??? We have to remember these are the same group of people who come out with a remixed image of King Tut EVERY 5 to 10 yearsSleepy
You can find proof of the Hebrews building the pyramids in the works of Flavius Josephus. You can probably find it online for about $15 bucks...


To say that a person not native to a certain region of the world can't become an expert in its history is kind of ridiculous.  I mean, just because Basil Davidson happens to be a white guy, I don't automatically disregard his research on Africa because of it.  It's only when one wants to push a certain agenda that I become a bit suspicious. 

Common sense will tell you that if a group of people conquered a land and its people, that eventually not only would they name the lands after themselves, but they would falsify and modify all historical records to the likeness their images and customs. And this is present today in Egypt. Iconoclasm is real you know... Thats why you have modern day Egyptians like Zahi Hawass (who are the offspring of ancient war babies from the Ptlomaic Dynasty and the Arab conquest) walking around thinking they descended from Ramses, Hapshetsut and nem.
How the hell you gonna dig up/uncover images of Hebrews in captivity yeeaaars ago and then just recently be like, "Nah we didn't have them as slaves"Ermm


I mean, can we say that you, yourself, are doing the same thing?  Imposing your ideas about the cultural and social habits of ancient Egyptians that weren't true? Do you mean to tell me that you know better than ancient Egyptians about the economic and social constructs of pyramid building?




-------------


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 4:07am
wait,

the pyramids were NOT built by slave labour?

for serious?

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 4:08am
back to the op, i find the gay 'white' movement patronising to the black struggle

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 4:27am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wait,

the pyramids were NOT built by slave labour?

for serious?

I heard they were built by farmers on the off season or some sh*t like that.
Everybody got a different story. 


-------------


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 5:16am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wait,

the pyramids were NOT built by slave labour?

for serious?


According to the article, they found the graves of those who built the pyramids in the 1990s, so it is a relatively recent discovery.


-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 5:44am
NOPE


Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 10:58am


-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson


Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:15am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wait,

the pyramids were NOT built by slave labour?

for serious?


Lmao


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 11:27am
He is making terrible points. Oppression Olympics


Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlowcuNHxo" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlowcuNHxo




Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:04pm
No

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013
     
<


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

no. They were never enslaved. . No we can never have sh*t. . No


Posted By: Nijjah25
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wait,

the pyramids were NOT built by supposed Hebrew slave labor?

for serious?




fixed....


-------------
BIG NOSE .... BIG LIPS....
BUDDA BUP BUP BUHHHHH IM LOVING IT



Posted By: Alex Urameshi
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 5:21pm
similar but not the same. Both are a group of people fighting for equal rights. Its important for black ppl to unite and fight for gay rights as well, because we wouldnt have won our fight if it weren't for the help of others.
 
I am personally in favor for equal rights in general. I think it's stupid to compare struggles.


-------------


Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 6:12pm
No, but I am tired of people acting as though gay people are defective or an embarrassment.  I hope one day it becomes socially acceptable to the majority of people so much that "outing" someone isn't news.  I don't think they should have to pretend to be someone they're not nor hide who they are for others sake.


Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 7:13pm
No, but I don't think the differences detract from the fight for equality. 

And TBH-I mainly only hear white people use this comparison.


-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness



Print Page | Close Window