Print Page | Close Window

Ive never dated a black woman/man before

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352583
Printed Date: Nov 20 2017 at 3:29pm


Topic: Ive never dated a black woman/man before
Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Subject: Ive never dated a black woman/man before
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:54pm
Lets say you hit it off with someone of another race and they reveal to you that they have never dated your race before, would you let them pursue you? Or would you date them?



Replies:
Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:57pm
I don't see the problem. There's a first time for everything. I'd be more worried if someone told me they had never dated a d/s girl before.


Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:03pm
I wouldnt/dont care

I like being the "first"    TongueLOL


-------------
#TeamTN
#CHOGH



Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:03pm
am i the only person who thinks people are just people?


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:07pm
Something about someone who hasn't dated my race before bugs me a little. I dated an asian once who stereotyped us sooooooo bad. He never dated a black woman before because it "never came up". Anything I said or did was always under a microscope. I made him dinner once and he "thought black people only cooked soul food". He was shocked I cooked spaghetti and not fried chicken!!!


:/ now I'm weary


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

am i the only person who thinks people are just people?




They are! I completely feel his way until I start getting stereotyped


Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:10pm
when they expect you to fit a certain stereotype then thats weird   Dead

-------------
#TeamTN
#CHOGH



Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:33pm
i don't associate with white men like that. so this ish aint happening in my life. BUT.... some man told me he never dated dark skin women before but I was so fine he changed his mind. I kicked him to the curb real fast


Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:34pm
I can't get down with whites/hispanics/asians like that. I can'tStern Smile


Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

am i the only person who thinks people are just people?


Apparently


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:36pm
I would give them a chance but if they come with some bullsh*t then...

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:40pm
i spend my life ducking white women, we're not hitting it off.


Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:46pm
While I would never be in this situation, verbalizing it is already too much.  Just hush and enjoy the ride.

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.


Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:49pm

Sure why not.



-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!


Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:57pm
opening doors...trailblazing....nothing wrong with that.....


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

i don't associate with white men like that. so this ish aint happening in my life. BUT.... some man told me he never dated dark skin women before but I was so fine he changed his mind. I kicked him to the curb real fast


I've been told this by Black men, as well as "I have never/don't date dark women." I don't take it personally, since everyone has their preferences.


Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:16pm
If the person volunteered the information I would find it very weird.

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

If the person volunteered the information I would find it very weird.
This...

This is not a piece of information I deem pertinent in someone's dating history.

sn: I would have been shocked if my SO was with anyone black before me. I don't think there are many black girls frolicking around Rome.


-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Lets say you hit it off with someone of another race and they reveal to you that they have never dated your race before, would you let them pursue you? Or would you date them?





-------------


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:34pm
Because my horrible Jewish ex started off our relationship like that and my dumb coon-at-the-time ass was flattered by that stupidity, my answer is an automatic hell no because that was exactly how the relationship continued as.

Black this, black that. I am proud of being black, yes. But there is far more to me than my skin color. If you cannot look past the color of my skin and the one-dimensional racist image you have of my race, we do not need to associate. You can acknowledge my skin color, but let that be it. You should not be behaving differently because of it. You should not be treating me differently because of it. You should not be having different expectations because of it.

My ex did everything horribly purely because I was black and I learned very well from it.


-------------


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:34pm
Well....when I first came out of the closet and talked to girls I said I never dated a girl before...Does that count? lol

-------------
yo


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:36pm
Sexuality is completely different because it's genetic.

-------------


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

If the person volunteered the information I would find it very weird.
This...

This is not a piece of information I deem pertinent in someone's dating history.

sn: I would have been shocked if my SO was with anyone black before me. I don't think there are many black girls frolicking around Rome.

lol my friend met her exItalian boyfriend in Italy. surprisingly he had dated another black girl before her--a haitian. i was like whaaaat?


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Sexuality is completely different because it's genetic.
Race is not genetic?Confused


-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

If the person volunteered the information I would find it very weird.
This...

This is not a piece of information I deem pertinent in someone's dating history.

sn: I would have been shocked if my SO was with anyone black before me. I don't think there are many black girls frolicking around Rome.

lol my friend met her exItalian boyfriend in Italy. surprisingly he had dated another black girl before her--a haitian. i was like whaaaat?
lmao I would have reacted that way. Wow, Who would have though...I know tantoine said has four sister who all live in Italy and are all married to Italians. mayber there are more haitians in italy than I thought LOLLOLLOL




-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

If the person volunteered the information I would find it very weird.


-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Lets say you hit it off with someone of another race and they reveal to you that they have never dated your race before, would you let them pursue you? Or would you date them?





lol well if he says it like that then I see what you mean. But if he says it matter-of-factly (after you are already dating) then it's fine. But yes someone has said that to me before and I did not take it well. It sounds so devious. It comes out like he's expecting you to be his first, like an experiment.


Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i spend my life ducking white women, we're not hitting it off.



yasssClapLOL


-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva


Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:01pm
I wouldn't b surprised. This is America.

-------------
i lost all my baby weight: )


Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:


Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:


Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Lets say you hit it off with someone of another race and they reveal to you that they have never dated your race before, would you let them pursue you? Or would you date them?





lol well if he says it like that then I see what you mean. But if he says it matter-of-factly (after you are already dating) then it's fine. But yes someone has said that to me before and I did not take it well. It sounds so devious. It comes out like he's expecting you to be his first, like an experiment.




Thank you!!!! That's the perfect word! Experiment. I don't want to be someone someone wanted to just try.


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:04pm
Me and that type of person wouldn't be compatible. Let's say I was gonna date interracial, he would need to have grown up around blacks and dated black girls.

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:10pm
Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:12pm
i've been the first black girl some guys have dated.  it's actually what made me like yt people less.


Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?



Lamp


-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva


Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?
LOL

-------------


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?

A black man that's never dated a black woman?? Eww..they are not my type and there no excuse for that. Unless he grew up in Iceland he should have dated a sista. He must be damaged beyond repair

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?

that's that sh*t i dont like




-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?


Lol ouch! It's like that Lima? Well I guess that is the reality these days.


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:41pm
I only ask because I know men/women that take pride in being the exception, and they have Black SO's. It isn't an uncommon occurrence among men or women.

ETA: I'm not trying to stir the pot.


Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:44pm
What if its a non black man that ONLY dates black women? Would yall think he has some type of fetish?

-------------
#TeamTN
#CHOGH



Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

What if its a non black man that ONLY dates black women? Would yall think he has some type of fetish?


It depends. Is he one of those creepy types, or it could be that black women are just his type. the creepers generally trick off,a little Birdie told me that....the normal guys who prefer black women are cool

I don't interact that much with non black people much so a guy like that would have to be deep in the trenches of black environments for me to meet him

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: NailtechDC
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:55pm
nope I wouldn't. 

 I dated a black guy who constantly told me that I was the first light skin girl he dated.  I think if I person keeps bringing it up, they secretly have a problem with it  so they have  to keep reminding you that you are not the "norm" for them, thus they could be out at any second. 

This guy had  a problem with light skin women and kept telling me I was the exception.   Well he had a baby with this dark skin girl while we were together.   And they are still together.  He has a preference for dark skin women...I was just an experiment.  And I can't blame him, cause he gave me fair warning.   He kept vocalizing it cause he wasn't okay with it.


Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Because my horrible Jewish ex started off our relationship like that and my dumb coon-at-the-time ass was flattered by that stupidity, my answer is an automatic hell no because that was exactly how the relationship continued as.

Black this, black that. I am proud of being black, yes. But there is far more to me than my skin color. If you cannot look past the color of my skin and the one-dimensional racist image you have of my race, we do not need to associate. You can acknowledge my skin color, but let that be it. You should not be behaving differently because of it. You should not be treating me differently because of it. You should not be having different expectations because of it.

My ex did everything horribly purely because I was black and I learned very well from it.

LMFAO @ "coon-at-the-time".

FOH


-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*


Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 10:59pm
fetish


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Sexuality is completely different because it's genetic.
Race is not genetic?Confused


Never implied that it wasn't. But attraction by race seems to be treated as genetic when it's clearly not.

Attractive is attractive yet sometimes people seem to feel a need to apply race as  a vital factor in attraction.




-------------


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Because my horrible Jewish ex started off our relationship like that and my dumb coon-at-the-time ass was flattered by that stupidity, my answer is an automatic hell no because that was exactly how the relationship continued as.

Black this, black that. I am proud of being black, yes. But there is far more to me than my skin color. If you cannot look past the color of my skin and the one-dimensional racist image you have of my race, we do not need to associate. You can acknowledge my skin color, but let that be it. You should not be behaving differently because of it. You should not be treating me differently because of it. You should not be having different expectations because of it.

My ex did everything horribly purely because I was black and I learned very well from it.

LMFAO @ "coon-at-the-time".

FOH


You fuck outta here. For once. Aren't you the same fool bitching and whining about us but then doing a 180 with your simp act when you get called out on your hypocrisy?

Bitch, sit.


-------------


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by NailtechDC NailtechDC wrote:

nope I wouldn't. 

 I dated a black guy who constantly told me that I was the first light skin girl he dated.  I think if I person keeps bringing it up, they secretly have a problem with it  so they have  to keep reminding you that you are not the "norm" for them, thus they could be out at any second. 

This guy had  a problem with light skin women and kept telling me I was the exception.   Well he had a baby with this dark skin girl while we were together.   And they are still together.  He has a preference for dark skin women...I was just an experiment.  And I can't blame him, cause he gave me fair warning.   He kept vocalizing it cause he wasn't okay with it.


This is exactly what is to be avoided in a relationship. No one deserves to be reduced to an "experiment" or a "special snowflake/exception."


-------------


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:25am
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

What if its a non black man that ONLY dates black women? Would yall think he has some type of fetish?

my dh used to work with this guy who only dated black girls when he was younger...my dh asked him why that was

he said where he was from all the white girls dated black guys so by subtraction the white guys dated sisters


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by NailtechDC NailtechDC wrote:

nope I wouldn't. 

 I dated a black guy who constantly told me that I was the first light skin girl he dated.  I think if I person keeps bringing it up, they secretly have a problem with it  so they have  to keep reminding you that you are not the "norm" for them, thus they could be out at any second. 

This guy had  a problem with light skin women and kept telling me I was the exception.   Well he had a baby with this dark skin girl while we were together.   And they are still together.  He has a preference for dark skin women...I was just an experiment.  And I can't blame him, cause he gave me fair warning.   He kept vocalizing it cause he wasn't okay with it.


This is exactly what is to be avoided in a relationship. No one deserves to be reduced to an "experiment" or a "special snowflake/exception."
 
Clap


-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!


Posted By: Xamaycana
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:38am
It would depend on the age of the person and where they grew up.  Blacks and whites don't freely interact in America, so I really don't think it's that odd.  I would actually be more wary of a WM who dates black women exclusively.

I am the only black woman my husband ever knowingly dated.  He had dated a biracial girl before, but did not know she was mixed until he saw a pic of her mom. LOL    There just weren't that many black women in his circle, especially ones that he was attracted to.

I'd find out more before dismissing him based on solely that statement.


Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:41am
Minda, you are killing me ever so softly with that "bitch, sit" comment.
Siggy worthy.

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:46am
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Minda, you are killing me ever so softly with that "bitch, sit" comment.
Siggy worthy.


He wants to behave like a dog on a women's forum he's obsessed with, bitch is the title he's earned and the treatment he will receive!


-------------


Posted By: Alex Urameshi
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:57am
This usy happens when I date outside my race, and I never care. It's not a big deal to me. *shrug*

-------------


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 2:14am
well that escalated quickly

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:08am
I don't like that , especially since its almost always said as if it's something that I should be proud of. I will not be the first or only black person they know or interact with.

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul




Posted By: sbrooke
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:43am
I am always someone's first Black girl they've gotten involved with.

-------------
Fly brown mamacita.


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:39am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Sexuality is completely different because it's genetic.
Race is not genetic?Confused


Never implied that it wasn't. But attraction by race seems to be treated as genetic when it's clearly not.

Attractive is attractive yet sometimes people seem to feel a need to apply race as  a vital factor in attraction.


Oh. Well generally speaking, people are usually attracted to people who are like them. White with white, black with black, Asian with Asian, etc.


-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:00am
Lmao @ "people are just people"
That's damn hilarious. 


-------------


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:38am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Sexuality is completely different because it's genetic.
Race is not genetic?Confused


Never implied that it wasn't. But attraction by race seems to be treated as genetic when it's clearly not.

Attractive is attractive yet sometimes people seem to feel a need to apply race as  a vital factor in attraction.


Oh. Well generally speaking, people are usually attracted to people who are like them. White with white, black with black, Asian with Asian, etc.


I believe that's a part of the human psyche- liking those who are similar to you for a sense of belonging. But liking others where the biggest factor in attraction is due to race or being unattracted because of race is not.


-------------


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:56am
if he was black i'd dump his ass
any other race, i guess i would understand


-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!


Posted By: Soratachi
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

If the person volunteered the information I would find it very weird.
This...

This is not a piece of information I deem pertinent in someone's dating history.

sn: I would have been shocked if my SO was with anyone black before me. I don't think there are many black girls frolicking around Rome.

lol my friend met her exItalian boyfriend in Italy. surprisingly he had dated another black girl before her--a haitian. i was like whaaaat?
lmao I would have reacted that way. Wow, Who would have though...I know tantoine said has four sister who all live in Italy and are all married to Italians. mayber there are more haitians in italy than I thought LOLLOLLOL




I am not surprised at Italians(in Italy) that have dated or married blacks there are really more men marrying out than women in Italy.


-------------
http://images58.fotki.com/v154/photos/7/1850227/11141506/DSC00292-vi.jpg" rel="nofollow - My Natural 4b/c Bun


Posted By: Soratachi
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?


I am the OP title.Tongue


-------------
http://images58.fotki.com/v154/photos/7/1850227/11141506/DSC00292-vi.jpg" rel="nofollow - My Natural 4b/c Bun


Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?
 
My cousin is 47 and has never dated a Black woman. He's my cousin but I hate him on the low lol


-------------
Life is good!


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:16pm
*head tilted to the side*
 
ummmmm this is not even a question i would be faced with...


-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:18pm
I think that it's different if you've hit it off with a person of a different race...as in you've already established a relationship/friendship that isn't built around racial difference. I don't think that there's anything wrong with it being brought up, as long as it isn't made into an issue.
Coming out the gate...man get the hell out my face.
 
 
I had a white male "friend" once, and he had dated many Black women, and because of it, he thought that he was an expert on Blackness and Black womanhood.


-------------
Life is good!


Posted By: Merin
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:24pm
My husband was the first White Man I ever dated, glad he stuck with me and didn't hold it against me? 


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?
 
My cousin is 47 and has never dated a Black woman. He's my cousin but I hate him on the low lol
 
47? Shocked I have several cousins like this, but they are in their 20's. I only hate one my cousins like this, but he is a jacka$$. I know people like this. I don't hate them, but I side eye them. It was also the cause of a break-up in the past, but they guy was Black and acted like he was doing me a favor. I know women like this too.


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I think that it's different if you've hit it off with a person of a different race...as in you've already established a relationship/friendship that isn't built around racial difference. I don't think that there's anything wrong with it being brought up, as long as it isn't made into an issue.
Coming out the gate...man get the hell out my face.
 
 
I had a white male "friend" once, and he had dated many Black women, and because of it, he thought that he was an expert on Blackness and Black womanhood.


i am convinced this is the only reason white ppl try to befriend meLOL they really be comin at me like awww let me educate blackie on her culture, food, music and history and im like bitch didnt you learn that sh*t on a pbs docConfusedLOL.


Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I think that it's different if you've hit it off with a person of a different race...as in you've already established a relationship/friendship that isn't built around racial difference. I don't think that there's anything wrong with it being brought up, as long as it isn't made into an issue.
Coming out the gate...man get the hell out my face.
 
 
I had a white male "friend" once, and he had dated many Black women, and because of it, he thought that he was an expert on Blackness and Black womanhood.


i am convinced this is the only reason white ppl try to befriend meLOL they really be comin at me like awww let me educate blackie on her culture, food, music and history and im like bitch didnt you learn that sh*t on a pbs docConfusedLOL.


LOL


-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins


Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why is the assumption that the person saying this is not Black?
 
My cousin is 47 and has never dated a Black woman. He's my cousin but I hate him on the low lol
 
47? Shocked I have several cousins like this, but they are in their 20's. I only hate one my cousins like this, but he is a jacka$$. I know people like this. I don't hate them, but I side eye them. It was also the cause of a break-up in the past, but they guy was Black and acted like he was doing me a favor. I know women like this too.
 
I don't hate him only because he's never dated a Black woman. He gives plenty of reasons to hate him.
 
He's been married and divorced twice, to one White woman for 19 years and another for 6, yet White women are still his standard for womanhood.


-------------
Life is good!


Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:43pm
^^^smh..wow


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

if he was black i'd dump his ass
any other race, i guess i would understand
 
yep


-------------

-Zapata


Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:27pm
my bf had never dated a black girl before me. he is half black and half white.

i've gone out with a little bit of black guys, but it didn't work out.

so, we are both new to each other LOL.

some of his family members are hard on him though and tell him, "finally you are dating someone with some color, its about time."


-------------
"It's ignorant to try to invalidate someone else's experience because it hasn't happened to you yet."


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 5:43am
 i thought the op was clear that it wasnt a black person saying this.



Print Page | Close Window