Print Page | Close Window

Vendors and Secrecy

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Lace Fronts (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Lace Fronts (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352505
Printed Date: Sep 21 2017 at 4:28am

Topic: Vendors and Secrecy
Posted By: StellaGirl
Subject: Vendors and Secrecy
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:27pm
Hey, ladies. I'm a longtime lurker (from way back in '07/'08), first time poster. I'm usually on LHCF but I recently decided to get into lace fronts/full lace wigs to help me overcome the APL to BSL hurdle.

My question to all of you is: what is up with the secrecy surrounding vendors? Anytime someone asks for a vendor for wefts or wigs, the thread goes 'look around', 'do a search', and if the poster is lucky, one person will come up with a name (without instructions for how to contact this person, mind you) and that's it. 

If the issue is a matter of repetition, why, on a board devoted to hair extensions, is there not a sticky with a list of reputable vendors of said extensions?  

If the issue is with people thinking 'if too many people find out about my vendor, the quality will go down'--when has this ever happened to make it a valid fear? 

If the issue is 'I don't want other people to look as good as me', it would be prudent to remember where our own hair was before we found the forums. I know for a fact that my hair was not living up to its potential before I found the hair boards and as such, I take it upon myself to pay it forward to newbies looking for the same guidance I was a few short years ago. 

The whole secrecy and drama aspect surrounding something as simple as pointing someone in the right direction is the main reason why I never post on BHM in the first place. I searched and found no answer directly to this question as addressed to the board and I'm curious about the response I'll receive. 

Replies:
Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:47pm
Type bandwagon in the search box and you'll see the reason why....

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: Prairieflower1960
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:53pm
I have wondered this also and I find it totally ridiculous.  IMO, who cares if someone else purchases a unit from the same vendor?  It may be the same hair, and could be the exact style, but will look different on each individual. SMH!  I get the majority of mine (CLW-66 Virgin Malaysian) from QDHairbeauty, but have also purchased (Virgin Indian) from Fine Lace Wigs and I get great quality units with both companies.  Now that wasn't as hard as people think, and if someone else purchases the exact same thing, it will still look as different on me as it does on 1,000 other people.Smile

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:54pm
I searched 'bandwagon' and all I got was some sort of Mafia talk (??). 

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:55pm
I completely agree. Makeup gurus on Youtube (even ones who aren't sponsored and are buying the cosmetics out of pocket) tell ALL their secrets and products. You can mimic their look but it won't be exactly the same. I really do not understand this secrecy thing. 

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:59pm
Go to advance search and search anytime and type in Anson. That was pure BANDWAGON from 1 person recommending the vendor. Everyone and their mama started ordering for him. He could'n't keep up with the demand and hence he started sending out crappy hair. Reviews went from 10 stars to 2 stars.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:05pm
Then he must wasn't that good or his company was small to keep up with supply and demand.  IMO still not a verifiable reason.

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Prairieflower1960 Prairieflower1960 wrote:

Then he must wasn't that good or his company was small to keep up with supply and demand.  IMO still not a verifiable reason.

Agreed. And what about more large-scale vendors? If people want to keep individuals who hand make every wig to themselves, that's reasonable, but what about vendors with websites that even encourage orders of like 20 pieces? They obviously have the means to do lots of orders and keep up quality. 

Every time I'm about to place an order, I'm lucky to run into a thread that warns against a given vendor's customer service or product or what have you, where everyone throws in their bad experiences with the same vendor. Wouldn't a sticky with good vendors and known bad ones prevent people from continuing to patronize bad vendors? 

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 8:47pm
I've heard some bad reviews about QD, but the first time I ordered I asked a lot of questions and the lady was very nice and answered all of them.  For me they are so helpful and want to make sure you receive exactly what you specified when placing the order.  I have purchased 4 units and they are all beautiful...even the one that's over a year old.Smile

Posted By: lilmamabenz
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:52pm
Quality of hair starts  to go down because of supply and demand... that's why people don't share.

Date Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 8:58am
I still feel that if it is a reputable and large enough company where units are being purchased, the quality wouldn't go down.  QDhair ships worldwide, and I'm sure tons of people have purchased the same custom units I purchase, but the quality I receive is always superb.  Unless you find a smaller company that can't handle an extensive amount of supply and demand, then yes, I can see how the quality would go down, and I wouldn't blame them for not sharing.  Fine Lace Wigs is located in Illinois, and I don't know if they ship internationally, but the quality, at least as far as I see with my units, which are stock from them, hasn't changed either, and I get great customer service with both companies.  Maybe, with a lot of people ordering units that are kinky curl or yaki, I can also see where the quality could potentially be bad, as these units, IMO, look over-processed to me to begin with...however, each of us purchase what looks best on us.

Posted By: chatnoir
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 2:00pm
I think the bandwagon is more applicable to weaving hair more than LFs, since weaves are immensely more popular (according to my observations).  But yeah, the bandwagon effect can just be awful. 

-------------
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow
Learn as if you were to live forever" - Gandhi

Posted By: Lwhite1960
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:03pm
You are not lurking hard enough! There is a list in the "additional newbie information" sticky. Cmon now, do we have to hold your hand and lead you like a little kid?

-------------
New Resolution
(X)Endure Chemo -DONE,
(X)Radiation - DONE
(X)Hormone Therapy -5 year countdown has begun.
(X) Reversal of this chemo enduced Heart failure- started
(X)"Surviving"!
DAMN STRAIGHT!

Posted By: Bre.
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

You are not lurking hard enough! There is a list in the "additional newbie information" sticky. Cmon now, do we have to hold your hand and lead you like a little kid?

Right.  You can't expect everyone to give you answers when all you have to do is research.  I don't mind sharing vendors but, I will not do your research for you.  I never trust anyone else's judgement any way because I'm so picky so, I don't mind researching.   Not everyone will have the same experience and it is not hard to find vendors these days, they're so many of them! If you look at old topics on the board, I promise you will find enough vendors to email and talk to until you feel comfortable ordering from them.  Put in the time and effort and you'll find your own! 

Posted By: pg12345
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:54pm
well there have been instances where a person would give a recommendation about a certain and then 'someone' would use their name as a reference trying to get a discount..then diss the wig after they overbleached it..the wigs that the experienced members buy from are always tweaked by them to make them appear more like their hair..it is not a purchase and then plop it on your head deal...alot of newbies want to do as little in terms of tweaking a wig as possible hence american vendors that have already bought from chinese vendors or make them themselves fit the bill but are more expensive..

most of the major suppliers are already listed in the forum history for lace wigs just have to take time to do research Cool

Posted By: Becky
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:02am
I have to agree with the others.

Really, there are 2 zillion CV's out there. If you do a simple search in yahoo - you will get pages and pages of hits .. though some of them have different websites.

Second, Sexbeach spent a lot of time and I think a few others contributed to several sticky threads on where to start for newbies .. including links to many well known vendors. All you have to do is contact one of them, tell them what you want and ask for a price quote etc. You can contact all of them .. actually.

If someone tells you the vendor they use (and I have done this many, many times) it does not mean you are gonna get the best result. It's a lot a work to sit down and figure out exactly what you want. The hair texture, color, length, lace type,density, lace color, bleached knots etc and still I guarantee that you not like the first wig you receive. 

This is because it is not gonna look like what you expect and likely your head is not gonna match a standard medium or large unit .. so then you will have a major issue with the fit. So that means you need a custom unit. Not including the installation - meaning the tapes and glue you have to use. Then there are the shampoos and conditioners etc.

People PM me all time asking for my vendor and I tell them and then they have all these details and specs. Umm when you order from a CV - you are basically buying wholesale (no middleman). So you pay a lower price to get the basic unit you want - then you get it home and cut and layer it etc yourself.

The mistake people make is they want a CV that gives the same customer service etc as an AV .. and that is not realistic. You will gain a bit of this though after you establish a relationship with a vendor and yes, that takes time and money.

If you want a unit that has alll these different densities and fancy colors etc and you have a zillion itty bitty questions about the ONE itty bitty unit - I am afraid a CV will put you on his 'dummy' list and not take you seriously ... so he might blow you off. 

These people deal in BULK -  like 50 - 100 units every couple of weeks from many AVs. They send the basic unit in and the AV is the one that tweaks it up for you FOR A PRICE. That is why the CVs are so cheap and the AVs cost more money.

So when you buy from a CV .. don't expect it to look like the picture and don't expect to just sit on your head and walk out of the door. If you do ... it look funny and people on the street will be staring at your head ... not to mention what your friends will be thinking. Confused

In the end... the lace wig game is not everyone. It's not for the folks that don't have much money. I repeat - you have  to spend if you want a decent wig. Someone just posted that thread about the order they made with Roman wigs .. and someone else listed the costs - all in the $177,$183 price range. Then she posted that she didn't like what she received .. and thought .. well, you get what you pay for. Those prices were too low.

There is nothing easy or simple or cheap about the lace front game. If you want a good vendor and good application for a good outcome .. you have to do the work - just like all the rest of us did when we started with these units.

If you are not willing to do this then you need to stick with the weaves or just buy a regular $29.99 wig at the BSS and be done with it.

So ... start with  the newbie starter threads, takes notes, ask informed questions of the members here .. and get going. But asking someone who their vendor is .... will not help you find a good vendor really.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:22am
Preach Becky!  Clap

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:36am
Come on people!  Do you have to be so harsh?  No wonder some new members don't want to post things.  Don't you think this world is bad enough without sarcasm?  All you had to say was that there was info about the subject and point her in the right direction.  As far as research on this site, sometimes when you try, nothing comes up.  Maybe she's so tight on time to try to do an extensive search.  Give people a break.  This world is bad enough without that type of crap!  Nobody needs to be degraded merely due to asking questions.

Posted By: bellabella
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:44am
Well said girl ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Clap

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:48am
I also think whether it's a CV or an AV, it depends on how you speak.  Some people sound demanding in normal conversations and that has a lot to do with how well you are received.  I have had no problems whatsoever, (guess I'm lucky), but my first dealing with a CV was through email, then phone communication and they've even called me back to ask me a question.  This is why I only order from her.  She is such a joy and is patient with all of my questions and concerns.  The relationship starts from the very beginning.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:34pm

As I mentioned in my original post, I found no straightforward information regarding why sharing vendors is so secretive around here. I am not asking for vendors nor for my hand to be held; perhaps I miscommunicated my intentions with this post or you misconstrued my question with my wanting to not search for accessible information? Either way, the information I sought (why vendors are kept so secret) wasn't made readily available in a sticky or in the archives. How is this me wanting my hand held? 

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:49pm
Well, I was not trying to be harsh in my post and yes, other people did answer the question - several times.

The answer was that ... when you publicly announce the vendor .. everyone places an order (there is a rush) .. the vendor gets overbooked which causes any subsequent orders to be delayed or to have bad quality.

People are always asking and asking for information on vendors which they can find on their own - after a while it gets to feel like we are being 'used' for our information. That is why people say they don't want to hold your hand - it gets old.

It's too bad you are so unwilling to take the advice offered in our posts and instead are getting snippy with people but remember .. you are the one needing our help ..not the other way around so it behooves you to tread lightly ...  Confused 

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

Well, I was not trying to be harsh in my post and yes, other people did answer the question - several times.

The answer was that ... when you publicly announce the vendor .. everyone places an order (there is a rush) .. the vendor gets overbooked which causes any subsequent orders to be delayed or to have bad quality.

People are always asking and asking for information on vendors which they can find on their own - after a while it gets to feel like we are being 'used' for our information. That is why people say they don't want to hold your hand - it gets old.

It's too bad you are so unwilling to take the advice offered in our posts and instead are getting snippy with people but remember .. you are the one needing our help ..not the other way around so it behooves you to tread lightly ...  Confused 

I really don't think that clarifying my reason for asking a question was getting snippy. Also: I am not looking for help here :/ I was asking a question. What advice has been given regarding my question? I'm very confused because it seems that you think that I was asking for vendors out of frustration; on the contrary, I was quite able to find several credible vendors that I plan to order from. I was only curious as to why it took so much work to find them is all. 

In no way have I 'not taken the advice' of those on this thread; I have given all answers credence and responded when I felt discussion could be had without redundancy (I replied to a single post regarding why the vendor quality issue seemed odd; it makes no sense to bomb the thread with ten responses to ten replies specifying the same thing). 

And please, do not tell me what it 'behooves' me to do in terms of seeking information here. This is a hair forum and I asked a question about a trend I noticed. 

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 3:28pm
Why are you so concerned with the way some members choose to keep their vendors a secret?  People are free to do what they want, right?  It shouldn't be this serious, this is just the internet.  This question has been asked plenty of times and I do think most responses in this thread answered your question.  :shrug:

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Bre. Bre. wrote:

Why are you so concerned with the way some members choose to keep their vendors a secret?  People are free to do what they want, right?  It shouldn't be this serious, this is just the internet.  This question has been asked plenty of times and I do think most responses in this thread answered your question.  :shrug:

I was concerned only because it seemed counter-intuitive that a forum dedicated to fake hair would be so secretive around where to purchase quality fake hair. Seems logical to me. 

Posted By: gloryx7
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by StellaGirl StellaGirl wrote:

I was concerned only because it seemed counter-intuitive that a forum dedicated to fake hair would be so secretive around where to purchase quality fake hair. Seems logical to me. 

What really is Counterintuitive is that you keeping asking this question.  What's your motive?  Bored ??

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by gloryx7 gloryx7 wrote:

What really is Counterintuitive is that you keeping asking this question.  What's your motive?  Bored ??

I'm not continuing to ask the same question but engaging in a discussion. I asked a question, got replies, responded, and got attacked and am now having to defend a stance. Read through the thread again and it will all make sense, I'm sure. 

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:24pm
StellaGirl, don't waste your time.  It's obvious from some of these responses, that those who are getting snippy, must have something deep going on in their lives where they feel that being harsh is the only way to respond to people.  It was ONLY a question...my Lord!  You'd think you asked someone to sacrifice their child...Jesus Christ...the world is so full of hatred and with people not helping one another.  Like I stated before, I don't post here often, and this thread just reiterates my reasons.  Treat one another the exact same way you wish to be treated.  No question is a dumb question, even if it has been answered before someone joined the site.  Have some compassion ladies please.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 4:25pm
Stern Smile  

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:06pm
Wow ... you guys thought this was an ... 'attack' and we are full of ... 'hate'? Shocked
Seriously?

The question has been asked and answered several times now - I think you guys are just mad because you didn't get the answer you wanted. How many times do people have to repeat the answer? I'm afraid you guy's over-reaction to the posts here .. says more about what's going on in your heads ... than what's going on in ours.

In the end - no one here is in any way obligated to share anything with you and if you don't have the good grace to charm information out of people ... that's on you. We are a free people - free to share or not to share. Where is it written otherwise?

Geesh, talk about a sure way to never learn who our vendors are. Hee hee!  Good luck with that! Confused

But - hey the solution lies between the two of you! Prairieflower1960 has already said she has a good vendor so ... why doesn't she give Stellagirl HER vendor ...  so you can both leave the rest of us alone ... and be done with it? Duh!

Case closed.LOL

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:25pm
I personally didn't think it was an "attack"...just some were rude.  I've been watching these posts for quite some time and there just seems to be a few who act like they're not intelligent enough to give a straight answer (regardless of what the question is), and not sound like they have a chip on their shoulder.  And if someone else would like a better description, all hell breaks loose with overreactions and snippy replies.  Maybe it's the way they word what they're tying to say, but for the most part it leaves me shaking my head wondering why.  On the other hand, some of these folks who attach pics want to know other people's opinion on it and people will tell them it "looks great", when it looks like crap.   I merely chalk it up to not having enough empathy for others.  Is this site not a place to ask questions and expect replies that do not sound like someone is scolding a toddler?  If it is, then it needs to change.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:26pm

Wow ... you guys thought this was an ... 'attack' and we are full of ... 'hate'? Shocked
Seriously?

The question has been asked and answered several times now - I think you guys are just mad because you didn't get the answer you wanted.

I'm afraid you guy's over-reaction to the posts here .. says more about what's going on in your heads ... than what's going on in ours.

In the end - no one here is in any way obligated to share anything with you and if you don't have the good grace to charm information out of people ... that's on you.

Geesh, talk about a sure way to never learn who our vendors are. Hee hee!  Good luck with that! Confused

God, you're so right! How dare I, I completely forgot my place. I'll never make it anywhere in life without knowing your vendor! It's not as if this isn't the only wig forum on the internet or that EBay and AliExpress don't exist along with TONS of archives on this very forum to point me in the right direction or anything. Woe be unto me, for your almighty graciousness has banned me from learning her perfect, dependable vendor. 

I hope that was charming enough for your liking Smile

Look, I honestly hate being a smart-ass and I wasn't raised to be rude, but it seems to me that unless there's a lot of ass-kissing done, some folk won't be happy, and I am not and will never be an ass-kisser. I asked a question and tried to foster a discussion based on the answers I got. Why is this even still going on??

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:55pm
Whatever, I think you guys will not get any info. from anyone with your attitude - using your current nickname. You have burned that bridge. Confused

It's your problem though .. not ours - you are the one that asked for our help.

Move on.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:35pm
I asked one time eons ago and learned my lesson realizing how some people are.  I didn't need any info...just making an observation and trying to help someone else.  Oh well, I guess with "MY attitude", there are some that  just can't, or won't, handle the truth and/or can't handle honest opinions.  I'll just continue reading and laughing at the idiocracy of the comments here.  With that being said...I pray that you all, and your families will have lots of happiness and success in the coming new year and years to come.Smile

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:49pm

As I mentioned in my original post, I found no straightforward information regarding why sharing vendors is so secretive around here. I am not asking for vendors nor for my hand to be held; perhaps I miscommunicated my intentions with this post or you misconstrued my question with my wanting to not search for accessible information? Either way, the information I sought (why vendors are kept so secret) wasn't made readily available in a sticky or in the archives. How is this me wanting my hand held? 

Here are a few examples:  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforum.blackhairmedia.com+secret+vendors+not+sharing" rel="nofollow - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforum.blackhairmedia.com+secret+vendors+not+sharing

-------------

Posted By: starliteboo
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Here are a few examples:  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforum.blackhairmedia.com+secret+vendors+not+sharing" rel="nofollow - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforum.blackhairmedia.com+secret+vendors+not+sharing
You just did all the work for them, there shouldnt be anymore complaints

-------------
I'm bipolar, I have multiple personalities and I have anger issues, I would suggest that you dont fcuk with me.

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 8:29am
Lord have mercy!Wacko

-------------

Posted By: Memphisbaby
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:24am
I hope you ladies realize that this type of conversation only happens on BLACK hair media.  I am a member of several hair sites more geared towards European (read:White) ladies and these conversations never happen.  I seriously wonder why. (not being sarcastic with that.)  They freely give up vendors and sites to order from. Answer the same questions over and over again.  I'm just saying.

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:28am
Amen to that!  I am also a member on several sites and I have never seen these types of snide remarks.  That's why I also wondered why on here it's different.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Memphisbaby Memphisbaby wrote:

I hope you ladies realize that this type of conversation only happens on BLACK hair media.  I am a member of several hair sites more geared towards European (read:White) ladies and these conversations never happen.  I seriously wonder why. (not being sarcastic with that.)  They freely give up vendors and sites to order from. Answer the same questions over and over again.  I'm just saying.

I could go so many ways with these statements ~ but for now I'll only reply with this:  AND YET YOU ARE STILL HERE ~ COMPLAINING....DeadDeadLOL

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 11:41am

New members asking the same questions over and over happen quite frequently on different types of forums.  I frequent a gaming forum and another completely unrelated forum, and the answer from the more longer term members is always the same - check the stickies and/or do a forum search.  Members understandbly get tired of answering the same questions over and over again.

-------------

Posted By: Nijjah25
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:43pm
newbies hush..and do some research please...and thanks

-------------
BIG NOSE .... BIG LIPS....
BUDDA BUP BUP BUHHHHH IM LOVING IT

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Kellyanna Kellyanna wrote:

Originally posted by Prairieflower1960 Prairieflower1960 wrote:

Come on people!  Do you have to be so harsh?  No wonder some new members don't want to post things.  Don't you think this world is bad enough without sarcasm?  All you had to say was that there was info about the subject and point her in the right direction.  As far as research on this site, sometimes when you try, nothing comes up.  Maybe she's so tight on time to try to do an extensive search.  Give people a break.  This world is bad enough without that type of crap!  Nobody needs to be degraded merely due to asking questions.
This is how this forum is, its sad but true... This just shows how catty and rude some sister are.. If you cant help a fellow sister get some good quality hair for an affordable price, then why are you here, its like no wonder the black community is where we are now. The majority of the women on this forum feed of drama, It's sad but true... All I  can say is trail and erro sister, and never spend more then 200 on a wig, I went through plenty of vendors and then one day I found someone with my price point and I did it all by myself... Keep your head up and dont worry about these cows, all they give is negativity and frustration.....
LOL

Ha, ha...yes I've noticed. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Nijjah25 Nijjah25 wrote:

newbies hush..and do some research please...and thanks

I'm not a "newbie"...just trying to help a new member, which is what these sites are supposed to be doing.  I've had my own vendor of choice for a few years now, however I don't mind sharing.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 1:09pm

I could go so many ways with these statements ~ but for now I'll only reply with this:  AND YET YOU ARE STILL HERE ~ COMPLAINING....DeadDeadLOL

Yes we are still here...maybe we're just trying to teach common courtesy.  Yes, we are still here...because we like to experience diversity on all things regarding hair.  Do we absolutely need this site...NO...however, I, in particular, mainly just like to see the styles.  There are a lot of things I could say but it is not in my nature to degrade others.

-------------

Posted By: CherryAde
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 3:22pm
I appreciate the info in the stickies but sometimes the info is outdated... vendors, methods, quality etc is constantly changing so maybe people ask because they require more current info...

It's so sad that BHM threads go from 0 - Ugly in half a page... I feel that a higher ranking member could have asked the same question and people would have flocked around in agreement and not opposition << That's bandwagoning lol

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:33pm
I personally do not mind helping people out but at the same I do not get mad when members do not want to share their vendor. I don't pout or stomp me feet and think its unfair. I really do not understand why people feel that just because you join the forum you have to share your vendor. No one is obligated to share anything and some people need to stop treating others like they are wrong for not sharing. I am not picking sides I just do not see why some people are getting mad. I don't have a top secret vendor but from actually spending time on the forum I can list at least 10 different places to purchase a lace wig.

-------------
I'm bipolar, I have multiple personalities and I have anger issues, I would suggest that you dont fcuk with me.

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by CherryAde CherryAde wrote:

I appreciate the info in the stickies but sometimes the info is outdated... vendors, methods, quality etc is constantly changing so maybe people ask because they require more current info...

It's so sad that BHM threads go from 0 - Ugly in half a page... I feel that a higher ranking member could have asked the same question and people would have flocked around in agreement and not opposition << That's bandwagoning lol

It isn't outdated it still applies all of it, even the vendor's b/c the newer vendors that have come out since those listed ain't about nothing.. so they wouldn't never have made the list, those on that list are TRIED AND TRUE.. and have been in the business longer than these later one's have ever been.. you need relationships established with them to get the best of quality they have to offer.. and if you just got in the game, the game is now played, you really don't know what good quality is b/c its not like it use to be anymore.. All the hair we got back in 2005 was all high quality hair, that is no longer available.. all was cuticle hair, I could get 24 inches of cuticle aligned hair for 150 those days  long are over.. 

but this site is full of folks that don't want to learn anymore, they don't have anything new to contribute.. the tips and tricks are the only one's that have been established I can't tell you how many times I see a thread and the tip was mine, and folks act like they came up with it.. Vet's have left here for many reasons, aren't any now.. b/c this board is no longer about learning, its about telling things so they don't have to learn.. 

i've helped thousands, i've been that one that answered the same damn questions a thousand times, b/c I was a moderator on this board.. but folks don't care that you help them at all.. they don't understand if you don't learn for yourself even if you get their vendor you won't know what to do with the wig when you get it.. then the next thread is blaming everybody but themselves about their purchase.. you can't help those that don't want to help themselves.. 

Becky, LeeWhite, Glory and Bre told the truth.. the lurking hasn't been long enough to understand how this board as always been, and for the most part its ALWAYS been about helping..but its had its very ugly side as well, called scamming big time, so folks are very alert b/c we've seen much more than you have apparently.. that's why its a waste of time to explain it, you've not lurked long enough to know about all the scamming, b/c the lace wig game is scandalous, its serious business you don't even have a clue how deep it can get.. and there has been MORE scamming from members than there has ever been by vendors.. YES the Members scam.. but your offended b/c you don't have that understanding, when you shouldn't be..b/c no one has ever been obligated to give any information to anybody, if they did its been b/c there was a sisterhood, that no longer exists on this board..

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:52pm

Becky was informative at first, then she became rude and some other’s seemed to follow suit with snippy comments like they were school children. StellaGirl already received the information for my vendor.  No one said it was an obligation to give out the name of your own preferred vendor…there was just curiosity as to why nobody was willing to on this site.  The answer was given to her, and then…given again with more rude comments.  It was as if some thought they were so “above” the new member that they just had to be obnoxious.  Same thing happened to me a while back…asked a question…got an answer, then the bitchfest of off the wall snippy remarks. Also, has it ever occurred to anyone that some, even after watching videos and researching, still don’t really get it?  Maybe that’s why some would like more extensive information and also this site seems to screw up a lot and it’s a bit hard to search for things.  With that being said, if StellaGirl or anyone else (especially newbies) asks me questions, no matter how repetitious, I am willing to give answers, my vendor, (the company name, but not the name of my “go to” person) and I will answer without trying to sounding or act like a holier than thou bitch with an attitude.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:53pm
Wow!  That print came out way too large.

-------------

Posted By: CherryAde
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by CherryAde CherryAde wrote:

It isn't outdated it still applies all of it, even the vendor's b/c the newer vendors that have come out since those listed ain't about nothing.. so they wouldn't never have made the list, those on that list are TRIED AND TRUE.. and have been in the business longer than these later one's have ever been.. you need relationships established with them to get the best of quality they have to offer.. and if you just got in the game, the game is now played, you really don't know what good quality is b/c its not like it use to be anymore.. All the hair we got back in 2005 was all high quality hair, that is no longer available.. all was cuticle hair, I could get 24 inches of cuticle aligned hair for 150 those days  long are over.. 

but this site is full of folks that don't want to learn anymore, they don't have anything new to contribute.. the tips and tricks are the only one's that have been established I can't tell you how many times I see a thread and the tip was mine, and folks act like they came up with it.. Vet's have left here for many reasons, aren't any now.. b/c this board is no longer about learning, its about telling things so they don't have to learn.. 

i've helped thousands, i've been that one that answered the same damn questions a thousand times, b/c I was a moderator on this board.. but folks don't care that you help them at all.. they don't understand if you don't learn for yourself even if you get their vendor you won't know what to do with the wig when you get it.. then the next thread is blaming everybody but themselves about their purchase.. you can't help those that don't want to help themselves.. 

Becky, LeeWhite, Glory and Bre told the truth.. the lurking hasn't been long enough to understand how this board as always been, and for the most part its ALWAYS been about helping..but its had its very ugly side as well, called scamming big time, so folks are very alert b/c we've seen much more than you have apparently.. that's why its a waste of time to explain it, you've not lurked long enough to know about all the scamming, b/c the lace wig game is scandalous, its serious business you don't even have a clue how deep it can get.. and there has been MORE scamming from members than there has ever been by vendors.. YES the Members scam.. but your offended b/c you don't have that understanding, when you shouldn't be..b/c no one has ever been obligated to give any information to anybody, if they did its been b/c there was a sisterhood, that no longer exists on this board..

I hear you Sexi, I truly do. 

Maybe out dated was the wrong word but what I'm trying to say is that there seems to be a kind of 'whats hot' compilation of CV's that pop up every so often like WBW and this new Roman. Whilst their quality may not be of a certain or even consistent standard, quality and longevity of a unit can be an externality for some people due to financial constraint, preference or lack of knowledge... 

Sometimes when people phish for vendor info its simply because they want to now what other recommendable CV's are out there. I don't really see anything wrong with that and I hate to see people shot down when just asking. Whether its been said 1000 times before or not, I  understand the frustration but what if that person doesn't know the ' you gotta earn your stripes culture' of this board? What if they are on their LW journey, came across this site, read a few post and then decided to ask a question (that is how most forums work)  only to be met with sarcasm, hostility and 'do a search'. The 'you gotta earn your stripes attitude' I understand to an extent but you never know who's sitting there behind that PC. I work with vulnerable adults who come to me not even knowing what 'right click' is...

It must be frustrating seeing the same thing over and over on a board but there isn't any need for people to get so ugly so quickly. 

I agree, people definitely  do use and abuse BHM but unfortunately, that has become the nature of the internet... It's a big place. I have seen countless YT Guru's and Bloggers regurgitating BHM info in particular Sexi's methods tips and tricks but seems like nowadays, unless you come out and claim ownership of those things, people will pass them off as their own. It's really not fair but as they say, you either play the game or be played. 

Sorry for the long post... This wasn't all aimed at you Sexi, just having a bit of a rant and I guess I'm just disappointed in the downward spiral this forum has taken. It could have been something great... like you said, "there was a sisterhood that no longer exists on this board"

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 6:53pm
I think the problem is the snippy rude comments.  No one is getting paid to share information.  If you don't feel like sharing info or don't feel like repeating things then don't.  It's that simple.  All the nasty and rude comments aren't helping anyone.  It's annoying trying to search through threads of stupid, catty responses back and forth.  This can be discouraging for new members.

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 7:14pm
out of lurk mode >> CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG >>back into lurk mode

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 3:42am
Got ya Cherry and I understand what your saying.. Wink Good luck with your lace wig adventures.. 

-------------

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:59am
The board doesn't share as it use to but normally, if you pm a person they would either tell you good vendors (in their opinion) and/or guide you into helping you find a vendor for you plus even help with specs. Research and guidance do go hand to hand especially when dealing with Chinese vendors.   I noticed mostly in the weave sections, that there are the occasional people who don't want to do any research whatsoever but want you to give them your vendor to start a company <~~~~this usually piss me off simply because there isn't any effort on their part.
I know it seems kinda wrong for people not share but there are too many instances when sharing ends biting the person who gave the information in the butt.

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 10:31am

Just WOW.    The statement I made was not a complaint at all.  It was an observation.  Too bad you don't know the difference. No manners.  

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 5:04pm
As Sexi stated there has been so much scamming on this board.  When the OP first stated she was from another board (and gave the name) ~ and she had been lurking on this board since 07 and still doesn't know any reputable Vendors !!!  That should tell you she had another motive for opening the discussion.  We don't take to kindly to hidden agenda's....

@MemphisBaby....how dare you say WOW...when you come on BLACK HAIR MEDIA to express the difference between Whites & Blacks.   Surly you are not that ignorant (Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular) to the culture differences.  Blacks happen to be more expressive, emotional to say the least about us.  So if we offend you in our expressiveness than KIM....

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 5:25pm

As Sexi stated there has been so much scamming on this board.  When the OP first stated she was from another board (and gave the name) ~ and she had been lurking on this board since 07 and still doesn't know any reputable Vendors !!!  That should tell you she had another motive for opening the discussion.  We don't take to kindly to hidden agenda's....

@MemphisBaby....how dare you say WOW...when you come on BLACK HAIR MEDIA to express the difference between Whites & Blacks.   Surly you are not that ignorant (Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular) to the culture differences.  Blacks happen to be more expressive, emotional to say the least about us.  So if we offend you in our expressiveness than KIM....

But just because someone is on another board doesn't mean they have a hidden agenda.  I'm on two other boards and I use all for some research and hairstyles.  Now there's more snippy comments due to MemphisBaby stating the difference in the boards, which is what I've also seen.  Like the lady said..."can't we all just get along?"  And how does anyone know that blacks are more expressive, etc., than any other race?  Come on now people...for the love of "keeping it real", why doesn't everyone just let it go, be civil, and move on?

-------------

Posted By: Kiwistardust
Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 5:43pm
Srsly u gaiz?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

Srsly u gaiz?

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 6:50pm

Girl just stop.  My post was in no way the express the difference between black and whites. This board is not place for that.  But it was to express the difference in how two different forums are managed that basically discuss the same thing (Hair).  And again it was an observation.  

Cultural differences should not be an excuse for rudeness, impoliteness and just plan foolerly conversation.  If you are saying that Blacks happen to be more expressive, then you don't know a lot of people from other ethnicities.  I'm also a member of Latina hair boards, White girl hair boards and several other boards geared towards woman of color (not just Blacks -as you say) again I have not seen this type of response on those boards.  That has been my experience.

But to be honest, the "WOW" was a response to how you responded. Again, I was not complaining at all, I was making an observation.

What ever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all.  

Or even more specific, "Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

That is all.

Posted By: musbjaz
Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 4:16pm
I've been a member here since 09... I am still at junior status tho because it's just to much energy to post.... I will help a person with info, but most of the time I just google search for the info I need and keep it moving... It's some great members here and I've noticed that there are some Vets that rarely post now as well... Just use this forum for what it's worth.. I just keep myself updated with the current trends and Ive found a lot of my vendors by staying behind the scenes... The first time I posted on here I was attacked for answering someone's question with my experience with a certain vendor just because I wasn't the op!... I learned quick. I really don't like to entertain drama.
I'm just saying if you like a certain members pics pm them, and if they give you the info then there you go. If not dont take it personal that's just how it is... I'm a weave girl so I don't have much info on wigs, but I read thru lace fronts because most times if they can make a good quality wig their weft hair should be decent... Good luck and Happy New Year to you all!

-------------
Twitter>>> jazminsullivan

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:31pm
I am only responding because of being urge too...normally I would ignore this type of attack, but I see I need to explain my previous response.  I see I'm addressing someone who looks on the outside and not within (don't mean to sound critical only introspective).  I don't say this to condemn anyone, it's that I am beyond sick and tried of people putting down our race and comparing it to other races. Black women have been chipping away at the stereotypes and attitudes that still define and crowd us into these very small pigeon holes, from which it is very hard to be seen as fully human.. 

..With that said the vets on BHM have labored together to enhance beauty and try to instill creativity among us.  And with much success ~ there is not one arena that is worth mentioning we have not been an integral part of; from the Gabby Douglas to the Wendy Williams and so many more successes BHM has contributed to.  Guess what, these are people of Color (go figure)..  I won't even mention the financial success that the vets of BHM created. So to imply that Blacks 
have failed to model unhealthy lifestyle choices is totally incorrect.  

What you experience is the right to choose. And because it's not a way that you and your kind respond to, you express your position.  And you have every right too.  But to insult and imply that I may be a fool is unacceptable.  Let’s face it- we can treat others badly all in the name of "Lets All Get Along." But when you put your Race down as a whole ~ you are putting yourself and your family down also.  And not appreciating the sacrifices made for you to even speak.     Selah 

Girlfriend, my deepest desire is that we are always emotionally controlled women of strength, secured by our dignity.  

Posted By: darealtipwifey1
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 7:18pm
this is all nonsense. everybody needs to agree to disagree. ya'll arguing on the internet and making yourself look foolish. i'm sitting here just laughing at the tomfoolery. that is why i barely because of women period. i'm talking about all races.

-------------
#bossbytchmentality

"maybe you too can be a boss." -lola monroe

Posted By: luxury
Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 10:21pm

Ok, this is long, but stay with me: Smile

First off all, I can’t believe we are still discussing this issue in 2013.  I haven’t been on this site in months but I see nothing has changed. Cry

Second, I’m sorry, but I think all the LF ‘vets' on bhm are abit delusional in their perceived influence over the LF vendor industry. LOL

Yes, perhaps 2-4 years AGO, when LFs were relatively new to most people (and more expensive), when most vendors (let alone Chinese vendors) did NOT have websites, and there were not that many vendors to begin with, yes, perhaps THEN vendors became overwhelmed with a rush of ‘bhm inspired’ orders.  But I don’t think the same can be said TODAY (or heck, even a year ago).   Now, Every ‘china-man’ (sorry for not being PC) now has a factory churning out indo-tunisian hair, lol. 

Blaming ‘bhm lurkers’ on the poor quality of hair you receive is complete BS.   Its like saying, when people order 1M Toyota cars, quality declines.  No.  What High Demand does is actually increase/improve competition (increase the # of producers in the marketplace because, again, there is high demand and entrepreneurs sense an opportunity to make money).   If you don't want to share your vendor, just say so.  No reason to provide some ridiculous excuse about poor vendor quality.

TBH, i think many people that visit/are on bhm probably have their preferred vendors and are not willing to switch until they see consistently good quality from another vendor.  Cos we all know many many many vendors are actually hit or miss….and no one wants to waste $$ on the newest vendor on the block.

And I do agree with some of the previous comments, one can easily do a google (and other) search nowadays to get a list of vendors to buy from.  But that’s not the point.  You come to bhm to be among fellow lf wearers and share, not to receive snarky comments about not searching the board.  And if people are not sharing, they’ll either not visit or just lurk.   Tbh, I’ve always felt some of the responses provided to (questions from) newbies were unnecessarily harsh.

What I find funny is that, the ‘vets’ are always quick to say they have a pv or ‘they don’t share vendor info’ but what they don’t realize is that, ‘newbies’ see/read that and they do the same.  And it becomes a cycle that perpetuates itself.

Lastly, today’s consumers honestly don’t have time to read 60pages of info when they can just ask a question on a board.  Yes, the ‘vets’ might not like it, but that’s the way people use the internet these days.  Think about it, while searching for info on the net and you find a forum, yes, you might do an initial search, but do you really spend the time reading through 75pages or do you just post a question? And people nicely answer? Its about instant gratification, people.  We all seek it.

And that list that sb or whoever created eons ago? Seriously that needs to be updated tbh.  With that said, I do think there are some valid newbie thread info out there (knots bleaching, bb etc) because that info is pretty standard....vendor info however? Confused

Thanks for reading!

-------------
For discounted designers goods, check out ebay seller: jazzminflower

Posted By: passionista
Date Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:45am
I have a comment to make on this topic...it's a little long, bare with me y'all.

I just made an account today and this is the first comment I've ever made on BHM. I've been ghost reading this forum for months now. When I decided to get out of wearing micro braids and started wearing lace fronts, I learned pretty much everything I know from, let's just say, HOURS AND HOURS of research and using the lace front forums that have a plethora of information.

I've been wearing synthetic units and after finally gathering all of the information and everything about the lace front game, I am getting ready to buy my first full lace human hair wig this week (I'm excited y'all!)

However, I've literally been putting in hours and hours of research trying to find a legit vendor and I'm almost afraid to shell out on the upwards of $300-$400 because I'm a college student and I live on my own and pay my own bills, I don't have a lot of money. I was hoping my investment in a good unit (for that much money, shooooot) would last me for awhile. But I must say, I have quite a fear of landing a bad vendor and getting a crappy wig that sheds or mats up within a couple weeks or these other horror stories I've been reading and watching everywhere and that's all I can afford for awhile, so if I get a bad unit, I'm screwed. So, I've been researching and researching and putting in a lot of time looking at AV and CV trying to find a legit one even though I can tell they all really seem to be a hit or miss.

I wanted to ask here if anyone knows a good quality vendor that I am most likely to get my money's worth with but I can tell already that that isn't going to happen. While I understand some of the reasons behind why some women don't want to share, I just wish people were more helpful in this area. We are spending hundreds of our dollars here...

Anyway, I've looked at literally hundreds of CV's, AV's and reviews and I actually found this topic while researching reviews on vendors. If anyone would like to PM me a vendor they feel is quite legit, please do so. I hate to ask of y'all to give up your "private vendors" but all I want to do is research on them so I can make a logical decision for myself.

Anyway, the vendor I am most likely going with is either Ruth's Beauty Shop, I am in love with this unit: http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/robin.html but I am afraid of spending so much and it turns out to be a miss. However, I just adore that unit and most of the reviews I've seen on Ruth have been okay.

I am leaning more towards CV Holly Zhang though. She has really been very helpful with me on selecting the right unit (I'm too impatient right now to do a custie, I'm doing that next) and I've read a lot of good things about her as well. But her customer service is on point.

Anyway, I'm still researching so if anyone wants to PM me a vendor that would be great, otherwise I'll continue to keep researching and hope for the best Cry, if I spend my lil money on a bad unit I'm gonna be realllll HOT AngryAngry! Anyway, I just found this thread interesting....

Date Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 4:19am
Okay, you've done the right thing - research. Good!Tongue

But I think you may have over researched Smileif you are getting all that bad input - because it's not THAT bad. You need to pick a CV (and you have - Holly) tell them your specs, have him give you a price, pay for the unit and then wait for it to arrive.

That's it.

Like I said earlier though ALL the venders - CV and AV can mess up on you .. but not mess up on someone else. You need to be an educated customer - and it sounds like you are - bite the bullet and order from a CV like Holly. Holly has the same number of good/bad reviews as all the other CVs. You have to establish a relationship with them which often gets down to your personality and the amount of business you throw their way.

This AV in your link? Umm I would say this unit would cost you about $250 with a CV .. but that $415 (originally $485) is too much money to spend on that unit - Period. (Sounding like your mama here.)

Why? If you did your reading then you would know that the CVs are the wholesalers so you will not get the nice bells and whistles - like the nice layering, bleached knots etc. Only in this particular case .. the AV ad says they will not bleach the knots on a 1 or a 1b unit .... so this is not a good thing at all. Shocked You need bleached knots or your 'scalp' is going to look ... funny.

So you are paying upwards of $220 extra just to get that (admittedly) nice layering because that is the only difference between this unit and a unit from a CV. Confused This is a major, major drawback to purchasing this unit and I am thinking probably this AV does not bleach knots on any of their 1 or 1b units. I see that a couple of the units do not mention this restriction .. but that begs the question as to why they can bleach the knots on unit X but cannot bleach the knots on unit Z and they are both the 1 or 1b color? Umm something is not right about that. Shocked Ask them.

The layering? I have purchased over 30 units over the years from a CV but a few from a AV and believe me ... you can do this layering yourself. I started with YouTube videos .. but then I heard about www.creaclips.com . Or you can install the unit and go to a regular beauty shop like Great Clips and have them cut the unit to your face .. for what $30 or $50 or so. Much cheaper and it is customized to your face. Meaning the shortest layer of the unit hits either your jawline or the top of your cheekbone ... either one based on what suits your face.  You can learn this on your own when you learn how to layer the unit yourself.

So that is my analysis of your choice.

I say - order from Holly as you've already speced out, buy the bleaching kit yourself from http://www.hairdirect.com" rel="nofollow - www.hairdirect.com or faux bleach the knots (again you will have to do this anyway if you buy the $415 unit) and then look at the zillions of youtube videos that tell you how to layer the unit.

If you still want to order from this AV - okay, but choose a unit where the knots are bleached and ask about their return policy. The return policy is the ONLY other reason to buy from an AV - because typically a CV will not let you return the unit and get your money back. That is another big difference between an AV and a CV. But .. you cannot return the unit if it has been altered IN ANY WAY. Take note.

Now ... beware .... as I mentioned earlier I think, lace front game is an expensive and time consuming game. First off .. the first unit you purchase is never gonna be the unit that you like .. maybe in the second or third unit. Why? because no matter how much you research (and you must research) ..umm when you put that unit on YOUR head .. chances are .. it's not gonna look right. I am not saying this to discourage you .. I am just saying I did a ton of research first too as many other girls here but then when I got the unit ..it looked 'okay' but I had to work on it to make it look good and realistic.  

In fact you really have to buy several units because you will likey 'kill' or in some way mess up your first units in the process of trying to get it to 'look right'. Now ... I could not have imagined this in advance either .... but that will likely be your experience as well.

Either that or you don't want to change it for fear of damaging it ... so you install it on your head, right out of the box and .. ummm it doesn't look right so then you have to walk around looking funny but wearing it because you have already spent your $415. But what is the point of wearing a unit .. if it looks funny?

So if people in the mall or anywhere are staaaareing at your head... don't think they are jealous... think something is off about your look. This is because we as Black Americans are all 'mixed' race in various and sundry ways so the unit you are wearing .. for many reasons might not look so believeable. If you don't care about all the stares and whatnot - okay, fine.

See what I mean?Disapprove Niet zo mooi (Not so nice).

It is a lot of work but there are no shortcuts IF you want the unit to look good on you. I think everyone here would like to get a unit, put it on our heads and SNAP have it be the perfect length,color, texture, etc but have it managed perfectly because there is no hard water in your house, or the products you have chosen for washing and conditioning keep the unit perfectly moisterized, and the glue or tape you use works perfectly and does not break out your skin, and the edges are shaped realisically or the edges/sides are thinned out nicely and you have the short baby hairs etc.. the list goes on and on and on.

But that is not the case so please set your expectations accordingly.

Again, I am not saying this to discourage you and I hope you don't flip out on me like those other ENTITLED harpies with the bad attitudes and demands for information, Hee hee! LOL  or I will just move on (shrugs) geesh, who cares? 

I am just trying to help you but truly the 'care and feeding' of these units is expensive and the learning curve is quite steep .. which will be difficult for a college student on a budget to manage.  There's a lot to maintaining the units and if you don't do this to the unit, it will die and you will throw up your hands and say either you got a bad unit from a bad CV or ... Lace fronts are all crap and move on. I've seen it for years.

It is not for the meek of heart but if you can hang in there .. you can have a beaaaaaautiful application, learn how to order, maintain, customize etc the units for a LOWER price because your CV starts giving you discounts after a while and you figure out what products work for you etc. All of this reaaaally brings the cost and time and energy on the units dowwwwwn. But it's a lowww row to hoe to get to this point. Again, there are no short cuts. Hang in there 'Grasshopper'. Wink

Posted By: nmordi
Date Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 7:00am
Seems like some "experienced LF wearers" (almost sounds like a profession lol) have become arrogant the more people request information from them. All of of rudeness lashed out because of a simple question. If it's getting redundant, no need to answer. But obviously, this isn't a repeat question for the OP, so I don't see why people felt the need to attack. Reminds me how this world is so cut throat in even the most trivial things (i.e. sharing CVs) Dead

Posted By: pg12345
Date Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:03pm
nmordi..hi..it is not that the experienced vets are on the attack..i have been on these boards since 2008 and have seen the changes..they will offer their advice which was gained through them burning through wigs in the case of bleaching, taking the hit for the team for vendors for research so the rest of us can learn from what they experienced with this vendor (sexibeach, ms celie etc.) and when they advised us we had some that would challenge what they said without even reading the ELEMENTARY LACE WIGS log they put in the newbie section...READING is funadamental and a very serious part of the lace wig game if you want your wig to look natural..there is NO way around it..i have seen many on this board that complain their bleaching did not work but they burn out the knots as they dont follow the instructions given by ashleys mom to a t...everything has a foundation and the lace wigs does also ..follow what the vets give you and you will have minimal issues..ignore it and usually it means a great wig of 200-400 dollars down the drain...the choice is the lace wig purchaser's

Posted By: passionista
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:03am

But I think you may have over researched Smileif you are getting all that bad input - because it's not THAT bad. You need to pick a CV (and you have - Holly) tell them your specs, have him give you a price, pay for the unit and then wait for it to arrive.

That's it.

Like I said earlier though ALL the venders - CV and AV can mess up on you .. but not mess up on someone else. You need to be an educated customer - and it sounds like you are - bite the bullet and order from a CV like Holly. Holly has the same number of good/bad reviews as all the other CVs. You have to establish a relationship with them which often gets down to your personality and the amount of business you throw their way.

This AV in your link? Umm I would say this unit would cost you about $250 with a CV .. but that $415 (originally $485) is too much money to spend on that unit - Period. (Sounding like your mama here.)

Why? If you did your reading then you would know that the CVs are the wholesalers so you will not get the nice bells and whistles - like the nice layering, bleached knots etc. Only in this particular case .. the AV ad says they will not bleach the knots on a 1 or a 1b unit .... so this is not a good thing at all. Shocked You need bleached knots or your 'scalp' is going to look ... funny.

So you are paying upwards of $220 extra just to get that (admittedly) nice layering because that is the only difference between this unit and a unit from a CV. Confused This is a major, major drawback to purchasing this unit and I am thinking probably this AV does not bleach knots on any of their 1 or 1b units. I see that a couple of the units do not mention this restriction .. but that begs the question as to why they can bleach the knots on unit X but cannot bleach the knots on unit Z and they are both the 1 or 1b color? Umm something is not right about that. Shocked Ask them.

The layering? I have purchased over 30 units over the years from a CV but a few from a AV and believe me ... you can do this layering yourself. I started with YouTube videos .. but then I heard about www.creaclips.com . Or you can install the unit and go to a regular beauty shop like Great Clips and have them cut the unit to your face .. for what $30 or $50 or so. Much cheaper and it is customized to your face. Meaning the shortest layer of the unit hits either your jawline or the top of your cheekbone ... either one based on what suits your face.  You can learn this on your own when you learn how to layer the unit yourself.

I say - order from Holly as you've already speced out, buy the bleaching kit yourself from http://www.hairdirect.com - www.hairdirect.com or faux bleach the knots (again you will have to do this anyway if you buy the $415 unit) and then look at the zillions of youtube videos that tell you how to layer the unit.

If you still want to order from this AV - okay, but choose a unit where the knots are bleached and ask about their return policy. The return policy is the ONLY other reason to buy from an AV - because typically a CV will not let you return the unit and get your money back. That is another big difference between an AV and a CV. But .. you cannot return the unit if it has been altered IN ANY WAY. Take note.

Now ... beware .... as I mentioned earlier I think, lace front game is an expensive and time consuming game. First off .. the first unit you purchase is never gonna be the unit that you like .. maybe in the second or third unit. Why? because no matter how much you research (and you must research) ..umm when you put that unit on YOUR head .. chances are .. it's not gonna look right. I am not saying this to discourage you .. I am just saying I did a ton of research first too as many other girls here but then when I got the unit ..it looked 'okay' but I had to work on it to make it look good and realistic.  

In fact you really have to buy several units because you will likey 'kill' or in some way mess up your first units in the process of trying to get it to 'look right'. Now ... I could not have imagined this in advance either .... but that will likely be your experience as well.

Either that or you don't want to change it for fear of damaging it ... so you install it on your head, right out of the box and .. ummm it doesn't look right so then you have to walk around looking funny but wearing it because you have already spent your $415. But what is the point of wearing a unit .. if it looks funny?

So if people in the mall or anywhere are staaaareing at your head... don't think they are jealous... think something is off about your look. This is because we as Black Americans are all 'mixed' race in various and sundry ways so the unit you are wearing .. for many reasons might not look so believeable. If you don't care about all the stares and whatnot - okay, fine.

It is a lot of work but there are no shortcuts IF you want the unit to look good on you. I think everyone here would like to get a unit, put it on our heads and SNAP have it be the perfect length,color, texture, etc but have it managed perfectly because there is no hard water in your house, or the products you have chosen for washing and conditioning keep the unit perfectly moisterized, and the glue or tape you use works perfectly and does not break out your skin, and the edges are shaped realisically or the edges/sides are thinned out nicely and you have the short baby hairs etc.. the list goes on and on and on.

Again, I am not saying this to discourage you and I hope you don't flip out on me like those other ENTITLED harpies with the bad attitudes and demands for information, Hee hee! LOL  or I will just move on (shrugs) geesh, who cares? 

I am just trying to help you but truly the 'care and feeding' of these units is expensive and the learning curve is quite steep .. which will be difficult for a college student on a budget to manage.  There's a lot to maintaining the units and if you don't do this to the unit, it will die and you will throw up your hands and say either you got a bad unit from a bad CV or ... Lace fronts are all crap and move on. I've seen it for years.

It is not for the meek of heart but if you can hang in there .. you can have a beaaaaaautiful application, learn how to order, maintain, customize etc the units for a LOWER price because your CV starts giving you discounts after a while and you figure out what products work for you etc. All of this reaaaally brings the cost and time and energy on the units dowwwwwn. But it's a lowww row to hoe to get to this point. Again, there are no short cuts. Hang in there 'Grasshopper'. Wink

That was very helpful!!! Thank you! I did decide not to go with the AV and stick with Holly, I'm looking at another CV as well since I'll be purchasing two units and going from there. I decided to stay away from adhesives and go with the elastic band method and sew some combs in. I don't wear my hair up in high ponytails anyway I just like the freestyle parting and being able to style more hairstyles in other ways. Thanks again, that was very helpful and thanks to the PM I received too. I appreciate the help.

Posted By: Blossom8186
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 12:35am
Can honestly say I read all of 4 posts (maybe) out of this whole thread. 

#1. Vendor secrecy...not that serious. Youtube all by itself has opened the doors for EVERYBODY to get DETAILED information about vendors in EVERY PRICE RANGE. 

#2. Google + advanced search = Your best friend. 

#3. Nobody owes anybody a single thing on this FREE website. If you ask a question and you don't get the answer you want....move around,do some research. Doesn't matter if you asked someone who is a vet or a newbie (Side note: LOTS of newbies come up in here with "secret vendors too so really....). It's ultimately up to you to find out what's best for you and your tastes and your pockets anyway. 

There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many ladies on here that are beyond informative and helpful. If people would stop complaining about the 1 or 2 that might come off rude they would be able to see the plethora of information thats right in their faces.

-------------
I could sh*t in a cake at a kid's birthday party and still feel classy as f*ck thanks to this thread - Midna

Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 1:53am
Originally posted by passionista passionista wrote:

That's it.

I say - order from Holly as you've already speced out, buy the bleaching kit yourself from http://www.hairdirect.com - www.hairdirect.com or faux bleach the knots (again you will have to do this anyway if you buy the $415 unit) and then look at the zillions of youtube videos that tell you how to layer the unit.

That was very helpful!!! Thank you! I did decide not to go with the AV and stick with Holly, I'm looking at another CV as well since I'll be purchasing two units and going from there. I decided to stay away from adhesives and go with the elastic band method and sew some combs in. I don't wear my hair up in high ponytails anyway I just like the freestyle parting and being able to style more hairstyles in other ways. Thanks again, that was very helpful and thanks to the PM I received too. I appreciate the help.

You're welcome. Wink

For your second vendor try Jack sun.

http://www.shuangyewig.com/" rel="nofollow -   

He's been on the list of vendors in the Newbie list for yearrrs. Smile Umm I must say .. for the elastric band or combs method of attachment - though it will do temporarily if you are in a pinch ...long term this will be just as damaging as the weaves in terms of taking your natural hair out. Just be aware.Confused

Posted By: SoDivine
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:42am
Ummm off topic, but what other hair boards can I join?  PM me please!

Posted By: Hawk
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 6:26pm
I only really read the first and last page and it looks like it got hot in here

From another perspective 

- I have shared vendors before, wefts and closures, and some people had success others didnt, a bandwagon was started and you feel bad for those that do not have the same experience if they order because of your recommendation and review. 

Other members do not share for this reason, my experience with a vendor will not be your own.. and if its a review it looks like you lied, over hyped hair, you dont know what your talking about or you had other motive (someone threw shade at me in a separate thread after a bandwagon was started on a alivendor) 

To safeguard all, most members will tell you to research is so your choice will come with good credit, and your able to make an informed choice as a customer.. research is always the way forward

Originally posted by SoDivine SoDivine wrote:

Ummm off topic, but what other hair boards can I join?  PM me please!

none are as poppin' as BHM or LHCF, they either do not have active members or the advice is sourced from this side

Posted By: ExotiqBeautii
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:57pm
I agree with the OP as well. I've been on here for a hot minute too (Still a newbie because I rarely post) and people are unnecessarily rude sometimes. To the ladies that say that people do help on here, some intentionally make it even more difficult. I was reading a post a while back where a member posted their vendor, and another member demanded that she take it down immediately and to not tell anyone Ermm. Like, really though? So sad....

Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:08pm
In the end does it really matter tho? I wouldn't think it would when there are thousands of posts in every section of forum that would be able to provide necessary information. This is what I'm personally not comprehending from everybody that gets upset about rude members. 

-------------
I could sh*t in a cake at a kid's birthday party and still feel classy as f*ck thanks to this thread - Midna

Date Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 5:46am

I don't understand it either .. good grief who even cares about these entitled harpies demanding to be hand fed?

Geesh, these women with their delicate sensibilities and whatnot – just makes you wonder how they survive in the real world if they are so focused on the rudeness factor to the extent that they can’t even see the information factor. Hee hee!

In fact, I have shared quite a bit of information and except for the last poster ... everyone else chose to ignore everything I said ... and just focus on my 'rudeness'. Really? It is 'information'-take it or leave it (shrugs) and move on.

I don't believe it. I think it's all about 'control'. This folks have control issues if they are coming out of nowhere and would like to dictate to everyone else what they should or should not be able say or share or do .. on this free forum. Duh! And if you do speak ... um you've got to say in a way that pleases them. FUNNY! These folks act like we owe them something. DUH!

And then … they themselves become rude ... in trying to tell other folks that … THEY are rude. Hee hee! Some of us are having a big laugh and all these sensitive, delicate people that will turn around and try to snap someone else’s head off. What a joke. Beer 

Hey, nobody is getting paid or in other way compensated for writing on this board and ... where is it written that the people on this forum are somehow obligated to share their experiences just because we are Black. Where ARE these rules? I am not saying people should be rude but if they are .. put on your big girl panties and deal with it.  

Hee hee! See .. now THAT was 'rude' but I don't care .. because whatever I say will be interpreted as being rude or an 'attack' anyway. DUH! If I’m getting credit for it (shrugs) … I may as well own it. Hee hee!

These people need to get over themselves. Clown Clowns.

Date Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:06am
Exactly Becky! I just laugh at it all lol

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 7:20am

I don't understand it either .. good grief who even cares about these entitled harpies demanding to be hand fed?

Geesh, these women with their delicate sensibilities and whatnot – just makes you wonder how they survive in the real world if they are so focused on the rudeness factor to the extent that they can’t even see the information factor. Hee hee!

In fact, I have shared quite a bit of information and except for the last poster ... everyone else chose to ignore everything I said ... and just focus on my 'rudeness'. Really? It is 'information'-take it or leave it (shrugs) and move on.

I don't believe it. I think it's all about 'control'. This folks have control issues if they are coming out of nowhere and would like to dictate to everyone else what they should or should not be able say or share or do .. on this free forum. Duh! And if you do speak ... um you've got to say in a way that pleases them. FUNNY! These folks act like we owe them something. DUH!

And then … they themselves become rude ... in trying to tell other folks that … THEY are rude. Hee hee! Some of us are having a big laugh and all these sensitive, delicate people that will turn around and try to snap someone else’s head off. What a joke. Beer 

Hey, nobody is getting paid or in other way compensated for writing on this board and ... where is it written that the people on this forum are somehow obligated to share their experiences just because we are Black. Where ARE these rules? I am not saying people should be rude but if they are .. put on your big girl panties and deal with it.  

Hee hee! See .. now THAT was 'rude' but I don't care .. because whatever I say will be interpreted as being rude or an 'attack' anyway. DUH! If I’m getting credit for it (shrugs) … I may as well own it. Hee hee!

These people need to get over themselves. Clown Clowns.

ClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:54am
FYI, CV, Roman has been catching heat lately.  Is it due to the BHM effect?

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/opening-a-dispute-against-roman_topic353774.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/opening-a-dispute-against-roman_topic353774.html

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 8:33am
Well this was an interesting read.
Chat u beat me. Sorry #vet. I have been posting since 06 and I lurked a while before that. I have personally seen bandwagoning in full effect. Remember Mike & Mary's?LOL From what I am reading of this thread.....no one wants to spend the time to research. It's even been said that they don't want to comb thru threads. Welp...it's your money...hundreds of dollars at that. Why would u not spend the time to research? I have gotten burned by recommending vendors and just puttin' my vendor infomation out there when I used to post pics. And errytime within' weeks the prices shot up.

I do realize the game has changed but some of you ladies need to realize the number of lurkers who never never never post but will read these threads and take the information. The members who post and contribute are not the ones driving quality down....it's the thousands (yes thousands) who lurk at any given time.  And please believe all the lurkers are not all black women.  You have women of other races who will lurk LW/weaves.

I have no prollem sharing my info in the street and on here.  But nowadays...on The BHM I will share via PM only. It is what it is. If you really want vendor information...have the stones to send a PM. The person can only tell you yay or nay. It is too much info (especially in the archives) out here to be gettin' mad feelin' some type of way tho.

I don't think anyone was rude to start with. This snarkiness started because it was felt that the answers that were given for the original question were not "good enough".  Bottom Line. *shrugs*

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:13am
Of course it is, there is a thread about Roman in both the lace wig and weave section. One minute he's great then all of a sudden you are reading about how bad he is smh, this is what happens when you put a vendor name out and everybody wants to order from him. I was going to order from him but I going to have to take a back seat for a while and order from someone else.

-------------

Posted By: brieSFCA
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 12:36pm
Hug    ...Let the church say 'AMEN'

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 3:51pm

FYI, CV, Roman has been catching heat lately.  Is it due to the BHM effect?

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/opening-a-dispute-against-roman_topic353774.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/opening-a-dispute-against-roman_topic353774.html

Sadly I think it is.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 7:20pm
With the way BHM praise and slam vendors (Roman) its no wonder they don't like selling to members.

-------------

Posted By: BeautyAddiction
Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by lunvenus lunvenus wrote:

Try
http://www.orderwigsonline.com
http://www.bestlacewigs.com
http://www.mylacewigtrend.com

I had a custom closure from OrderWigsOnline.com and the hair was really soft and it was made close to my specs. 
I have owned the Ciara wig from BestLaceWigs.com It was very unique and  impressive
I have owned a 14" yaki from MyLaceWigTrend.com It has a marvelous hairline and great construction with combs and elastic!  I just should not have ordered silky for my tastes)
I have seen on my friends wigs from the other companies and they were all ok.

If you order a stock piece, most can arrive at your door within 2 or 3 days all the way from China!

hmmmmm.... no comment!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
"... everything im not makes me everything I AM."

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 10:41pm
^^^^ Glad someone else commented before me. Screams chinese vendor right Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

With the way BHM praise and slam vendors (Roman) its no wonder they don't like selling to members.

Yup

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:16pm

Yup

Exactly. And the craziest thing is it'll start with something small, someone who (if you read between the lines) didn't take the time to read, can't take care of hair, fried the living daylights out the hair, or just wants to complain that sets it off and then everybody else will start complaining. It never fails. Half these vendors work out of the same damn factory at that which is extra hilarious. Somebody will complain about Holly but praise Freedelee or rave about Enoya....mind you, they are ALL THE SAME FACTORY. Kills me LOL

Then they turn around and cry about people not sharing or giving false info or how they got a "bad batch" smh

-------------

Posted By: BayGrl
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 12:33am

Try

Um...wow, no comment on those vendors! Dead

Anyway, +1 to the comment above. I spent HOURS/DAYS researching before I bought my first lace wig! This was before everyone and their mom started doing wig reviews on youtube.
Another trend I don't like. Free hair! SMH

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 2:42am

did you just call me a Chinese Vendor??? 
As if that were a bad thing? What the
iF ANYTHING YOU GUYS ON HER PROMOTING WHOEVER THE F***CK tthese Rex and Jaack  characters  are selling wigs.

SO DUMB A$$es ... WHICH Chinese Vendor am I HUH???
Am I orderwigs online.com or am I best lace wigs  
or am I lace wig trend huh??? Dumb asses 
THEY ARE 3 different companies you dumb fuc*s.
Furthermore, i placed a review that all 3 of the companies sell hard dry looking hair. So I am not actually promoting anyone..

IN CONTRAST YOU FAKE Mother Fuc*ers probably ARE promoting sales to Rex and whoever the Fuc* k  the other creep is. 
So Screw you all dumb As$es. How can I be 3 different companies in different cities.  YOU Guys I ve noticed just dont want any wig sources mentioned other than Rex and Jack HUM,,,,,
I think the real issue is cleaR NOW  BOOO!

ruh rohShocked

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 3:13am

iF ANYTHING YOU GUYS ON HER PROMOTING WHOEVER THE F***CK tthese Rex and Jaack  characters  are selling wigs.

Furthermore, i placed a review that all 3 of the companies sell hard dry looking hair. So I am not actually promoting anyone..

IN CONTRAST YOU FAKE Mother Fuc*ers probably ARE promoting sales to Rex and whoever the Fuc* k  the other creep is. 
So Screw you all dumb As$es. How can I be 3 different companies in different cities.  YOU Guys I ve noticed just dont want any wig sources mentioned other than Rex and Jack HUM,,,,,

So if those companies sell hard dry hair, why are you recommending them?

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 5:53am

I think I wrote in another thread that I have not received what I consider soft hair from anyone in about 10 years. They ALL have felt hard and dry to me in the past 10 years. I have felt other people's virgin Indian remy and that even felt hard to me so I guess these companies are as good as any.
Do you know some better companies? if so PLEASE SHARE IT!!!!

Not sure who you are ordering from but I have never felt hard Indian hair.  If anything, I find Indian hair to be too soft for my liking. 

-------------

Posted By: SistaHollywood
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:05am

WOW Your probably going to slam me but the curse words are not necessary to prove your point I understand your frustration in maybe being accused if in fact you were but the f this the you mf that is not lady like  and does not help your rant but thats just IMOShocked

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 6:20am

Try

I had a custom closure from OrderWigsOnline.com and the hair was really soft and it was made close to my specs. 
I have owned the Ciara wig from BestLaceWigs.com It was very unique and  impressive
I have owned a 14" yaki from MyLaceWigTrend.com It has a marvelous hairline and great construction with combs and elastic!  I just should not have ordered silky for my tastes)
I have seen on my friends wigs from the other companies and they were all ok.

If you order a stock piece, most can arrive at your door within 2 or 3 days all the way from China!

You never answered my question.  Why are you recommending these vendors?

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 7:22am

Please DO NOT PM with questions as to why I asked if you were a CV. I asked if you were a CV because you sound like one. I am not going to respond to your PM with another PM. I am going to respond on the forum so that everyone is aware. Stop catching feelings because its really not that serious. Your ranting and cursing is so not needed on this forum. If you think that by cursing you will convince others that you aren't a CV good luck with that. So tell me what factory do you really work from??? DO NOT PM AGAIN

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:07am
bestlacewigs?

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

bestlacewigs?

-------------

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Blossom8186 Blossom8186 wrote:

Yup

Exactly. And the craziest thing is it'll start with something small, someone who (if you read between the lines) didn't take the time to read, can't take care of hair, fried the living daylights out the hair, or just wants to complain that sets it off and then everybody else will start complaining. It never fails. Half these vendors work out of the same damn factory at that which is extra hilarious. Somebody will complain about Holly but praise Freedelee or rave about Enoya....mind you, they are ALL THE SAME FACTORY. Kills me LOL

Then they turn around and cry about people not sharing or giving false info or how they got a "bad batch" smh
For those in the cheap seats.LOL

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Date Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 11:20am
Dang this thread is still ALIVE????

-------------

Print Page | Close Window