Print Page | Close Window

Natural Colored Contacts?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352484
Printed Date: Jun 21 2018 at 11:04pm

Topic: Natural Colored Contacts?
Posted By: nala52808
Subject: Natural Colored Contacts?
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:25pm
Can yall recommend some good natural looking colored contacts for me? I went on youtube tryin to find some reviews, but most of dem black girls eyes look all scary and pixelated and shat. i just want to look good, ya know? And Im looking for a light brown, hazel or green contact

And nobody betta come in here talkin bout "i see right through you, Nala. you just want to look more exotical and mixtured." aint nobody got time fo dat.

-------------
Come take my hand and lets go Nala-land, where all your sexiest dreams will come true!

Replies:
Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:29pm
ever heard of solotica

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:32pm
lemme look dem up......

-------------
Come take my hand and lets go Nala-land, where all your sexiest dreams will come true!

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:36pm
DeadDeadDead

-------------
My mind explodes

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:37pm
Just don't get the traditional orange ones please

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:38pm
who tryna impress.. a white manAngry?.. girllll u betta love ur deep black soulless eyes that u were born withClap

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Just don't get the traditional orange ones please

i am not going for the possessed look, LB.

-------------

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:39pm

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

who tryna impress.. a white manAngry?.. girllll u betta love ur deep black soulless eyes that u were born withClap

But i just want to switch up my styyyyyyle.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

jumanjiLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:43pm

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:47pm
da hell? that phase been over...

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

LOL

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:50pm
yall are just booboo turds. its not fair that i didnt get to participate in it when it was popular. so now i wanna try it. support me, you guys.

-------------

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:51pm
self hater 

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:52pm

1. http://www.sicklycat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Colored-Contacts.jpg" rel="nofollow">Colored Contacts

-------------
My mind explodes

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

yall are just booboo turds. its not fair that i didnt get to participate in it when it was popular. so now i wanna try it. support me, you guys.

-------------

Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:56pm
solotica contacts are as natural as you can get but they are super expensive

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:59pm
idk why people throw so much shade at colored contacts. i don't wear them, but i'm not opposed to them. just another accessory like weave, tbh.

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

solotica contacts are as natural as you can get but they are super expensive

i like the way they look, but yeah, thats really gon fucc up my budget. 100 dollars per pair? nu-uh

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by lovelife lovelife wrote:

idk why people throw so much shade at colored contacts. i don't wear them, but i'm not opposed to them. just another accessory like weave, tbh.

Thank yooooooous!i think they are nice. and aint nobody grimaced when they saw Kenya Moore rockin em.

-------------

Posted By: marumaruyobi
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:02pm
You could try the Korean companies like Geos, etc. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:03pm
btw i was jking when i said self hater. 

i used to wear colored contacts in like 6th/7th grade maybe 8th. 

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Thank yooooooous!i think they are nice. and aint nobody grimaced when they saw Kenya Moore rockin em.

here she's in contactsSleepy

-------------

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

self haterĀ 

. you DONT want none of this today, coco

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 9:04pm
i thought those were tyras real eyes.. 

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 10:54pm
I don't believe weave and colored contacts are similar.
Colored contacts are more like BSS Lace fronts w/ the Barbie Doll hairline. A weave can actually look realistic.

Contacts..NEVER..look..real..Not the ones 99.99% of ppl wear, but I guess it depends on how observant someone is. I'm sure they fool some ppl.

Kenya Moore's contacts are some of the most believeable but you I still tell they're colored contacts.

Do your thang if that's what you like.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 10:55pm
Tyra and Regina King's eyes are naturally light.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 10:56pm
my contacts WILL look realistic, and yall WILL be jealous. i promise yall that.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:17pm
no shade.
wore colored contacts in '07
everyone thought they were real.
they were a pair from the local accessory shop (ratchet weave, 2 dolla earrings) lmao
not saying that all will look realistic, but they can look more realistic than a crescent moon hairline lol

-------------

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I don't believe weave and colored contacts are similar.
Colored contacts are more like BSS Lace fronts w/ the Barbie Doll hairline. A weave can actually look realistic.

Contacts..NEVER..look..real..Not the ones 99.99% of ppl wear, but I guess it depends on how observant someone is. I'm sure they fool some ppl.

Kenya Moore's contacts are some of the most believeable but you I still tell they're colored contacts.

Do your thang if that's what you like.

I agree..same goes with "the best app'd lacefronts" imo. But I swear when I wore contacts, MOST people thought it looked real. The color did suit me, but I know to those who know, would know.

@ Nala

we'll clown you ohh!! But really, the color that suited me was the hazel-brown from fresh look (I think, it's been a while). haven't worn dem in years. Got them from the optometrist.

-------------

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

Bury my ashes at the sea

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:29pm

Ummm, I don't think you need contacts to impress any man, regardless of race. I understand wanting a change, but contacts are too much work (for me), as someone who has worn contacts. Good luck OP. I will say that circle lens are NOT natural.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:32pm
Can't embed on my iPad sowwy

Solotica

http://youtu.be/5k8jX23pHnQ" rel="nofollow - http://youtu.be/5k8jX23pHnQ

http://youtu.be/Sd42dApEVYE" rel="nofollow - http://youtu.be/Sd42dApEVYE

-------------
Men fake a relationship to get a nut, Women fake a nut to get a relationship- himayn10ence

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:35pm
Based on the videos, those are like circle lens. They show part of your natural iris. Those never look natural IMO.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:36pm
I always feel like the lil girl in "The Emperor's New Clothes" when I hear someone compliment someone's eye color when they're wearing colored contacts or tell them "I thought those were your 'real' eyes" Like I'm the only person that can see the obvious.

btw, I'm not "against" them. Just never saw where they complimented anyone.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Ummm, I don't think you need contacts to impress any man, regardless of race. I understand wanting a change, but contacts are too much work (for me), as someone who has worn contacts. Good luck OP. I will say that circle lens are NOT natural.

i was joking gurl.. i know op likes polyneisian men anyway LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 11:52pm
sholllll dew

-------------

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:10am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

1. http://www.sicklycat.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Colored-Contacts.jpg" rel="nofollow">Colored Contacts

I mean, it doesn't look bad, but there is a stigma attached to them.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:44am
Colored contacts are played out but do you lol

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:53am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Colored contacts are played out but do you lol

I still see them. Usually on chics that have blond weave, gold teeth, a lot of large visible tatts that are rocking baby Phat.

-------------

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:01am
and rocawear LOL

-------------
yo

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:02am
why fool with your eyes if they are perfectly fine

eye drops have been recalled for fungal infections ... non-brown eyes are not that serious

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 1:12am
lmao. y'all need to talk to the women losing their edges with lace fronts and weaves too then

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:02am
What happened to that lady who was flying to panam for blue eyes in the plastic surgery section

That happened didn't it?

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:25am

lmao. y'all need to talk to the women losing their edges with lace fronts and weaves too then

girl they do.. have u been up to weaves.. and seen all the ratchedness that goes on there.

-------------

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:30am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

What happened to that lady who was flying to panam for blue eyes in the plastic surgery section

That happened didn't it?

Did she not read the story of the woman that nearly became blind because if a dumbass cornea transplant? Maybe she sees beauty a whole lot clearer now

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:42am
Just get some FreshLook contacts. I've worn them and never had a problem. 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:07am
Fresh Looks aren't bad at all. You wouldn't even have to do anything as extreme as getting hazel or light brown to notice a difference, cuz their brown looks noticeably different.

I've worn colored contacts before to spice up my look. Never every day, or tried to convince anyone I was born with em. To me its no different than adding weave for length, dyeing your hair, or getting weaves/wigs in different colors.

I just hate when people get loud green, purple, or blue .

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 7:31am
I used to wear colored contacts.
I remember when girls used to get them from the BSS.

-------------

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:08am
Fresh looks brown

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:19am
I remember when my very dark skin bestie wore purple contacts from the bss to school. She had to take them out bcus she kept scaring everyone. She looked like a demon. This was in 98.......

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:39am
mines were prescription
They looked very realistic

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:08pm

even if you lose all of your hair you can glue on said lacefront and keep it moving ... or rock a baldie with pride

if you lose your eyesight, how will you keep it moving?  with a guard dog?

not the same

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:23pm
it kinda is. there are millions of people out there safely wearing contacts. there are directions, solutions, and all types of stuff to prevent going blind. if it was that dangerous, i doubt that it would be so widley used as an alternative to glasses. what kind of manuals are there for women and weaves. bhm and weaveologists? oh okay.

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:40pm
I say if you're going to do the colored contacts then your hair needs to be natural. You can't be frontin both ways. Your eyes say more about you than any other feature on your face so you should just leave them alone really.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

ever heard of solotica

DA BESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:54pm
as far as looking realistic, do people really go up to people and say are those contacts?  if a person doesnt mention their eyes or hair is fake, i pretend right along with them. what i look like shattering peoples illusions.

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 2:57pm
Back in the day I had the Freshlook in Brown. It gave me a Regina King type look. I'm chocolate toned and they made my eyes a shade or two lighter.

I also had some ratchet moments where I rocked grey. The light grey ones made me look crazy. The dark grey ones looked interesting & almost believable.

All things considered I don't know if they are worth the trouble.

A good eyeliner and mascara combo makes my eyes pop too.

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 3:01pm
imma check out those fresh looks and the geos

-------------

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 3:02pm
I've done grey, green and the hazel ones but they looked orange.
Lol.. Used to have people all confused, that was back in the day. Now I'm just using regular brown ones. I have in now the circle lenses which look normal to
Me. Wanna try them in black but I'm afraid I'll look creepy like one of those ghosts from the Asian movies.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 3:33pm
I did light brown, green and purple but the last two were for an art project. The light brown was just for fun. It is fun to change up your look sometimes. Wear contacts harms no one and yeah I think blue eyes on black people looks ugly but hey, if somebody want to wear it Geek

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:26pm
I rocked them in 91. I didn't people we wear ing them anymore. I shook my head in horror when I saw contacts and pregnancy test at the 99Cent store a few years back. You had to ask for them from behind the counter.Dead

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Date Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 4:50pm
Just like an obvious weave or lacefront, the ppl that know it's fake aren't going to say anything. No need to question the obvious. Doesn't mean it looks real.

There is an obvious diff in the eyes of : Trina, Lil Kim, Shar Jackson,Remy Ma, Mary J, Kenya Moore and  Naomi Campbell

versus the eyes :
 Michael Ealy, Denise Vasi, Vanessa Williams, Gary Dourdan, Terrence Howard,Jada Pinkett Smith, Regina King, Tyra Banks and Rihanna.

I am always baffled when someone can't tell the difference..I guess everyone has a different level of perception and attention to detail.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window