Print Page | Close Window

Put yourself in this scenario

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352422
Printed Date: Nov 21 2017 at 8:15pm

Topic: Put yourself in this scenario
Posted By: tropical-punch
Subject: Put yourself in this scenario
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:37pm
Say you go to visit someone. You are over at their apartment mid-day and you hear what sounds like a child throwing a temper tantrum in the apt below you. You listen a little closer and you realize it is a woman and she is getting beat up by a man. You ask your friend if they've ever heard this happening before and they say no. Your friend also tells you about how the woman has a child and you recall a woman carrying a baby in a carseat up the stairs when you visited a previous time and connect the dots. As a non resident, what would you do? Geek

Replies:
Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:40pm
Call the cops. If nothing else just claim noise disturbance and hope for the best

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:41pm
I agree with haitian. 

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:42pm
you can always call the cops...what does being a resident have to do with being a concerned citizen?

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:42pm
This reminds me of some old infamous thread similar to this.

i'd call the cops.  i've called the cops for nothing once so i think i'd do it if i was for super sure.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:48pm
in those situations the first thing i think is, i dont want anybodies crazy bf coming after me and my kids. i had this happening to a neighbor..she had time to get away though..car keys and all that..i minded my own business. had to. call me paranoid.

might get side eyed. but my kids come before any and erbody else.

-------------

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 10:59pm
how would they know it's you especially if you don't live there

I.am.calling.the.police.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:00pm
you're beating people and don't expect the police to come

be serious.

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:07pm
I'm damn sure calling the police. 

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:11pm
It's not hard to make a phone call. 

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:14pm
Call the cops

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I.am.calling.the.police.
i wish i could say that they could never find out, but there have been cops in my family past where they've told us whos done what...and vice versa.

but like is said
Ermm..for the girl here, she had car keys and was always with friends...so i dont know what that was about. but whatever...i have 2 little ones to protect. dont give me that oh the woman was stuck and couldnt leave...psh half the time they dont even want your help..from what i've seen. that dude had crazy eyes.Confused

-------------

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

you can always call the cops...what does being a resident have to do with being a concerned citizen?

Word

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:44pm
I'm not shrugging and hushing while someone's life's at risk

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 11:45pm
I would call the police immediately

-------------

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 3:26am
Doing the right thing has limits on where you are

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:15am
Call the cops ..no way in hell I am going to stand around and hear a woman get beat up. Almost called them over the weekend but somebody did it before me. 

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

I.am.calling.the.police.
i wish i could say that they could never find out, but there have been cops in my family past where they've told us whos done what...and vice versa.

but like is said
Ermm..for the girl here, she had car keys and was always with friends...so i dont know what that was about. but whatever...i have 2 little ones to protect. dont give me that oh the woman was stuck and couldnt leave...psh half the time they dont even want your help..from what i've seen. that dude had crazy eyes.Confused

i totally understand where you are coming from

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:47am
I generally don't sympathize with women who let men beat on them but I would call for two reasons:

1. I don't know if that is actually her man. It could be an intruder or even if it is her man it could be the first time he's done this. This could also be the time he kills her; and

2. I don't like hearing that ghetto sh*t.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 7:03am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

I generally don't sympathize with women who let men beat on them but I would call for two reasons:

1. I don't know if that is actually her man. It could be an intruder or even if it is her man it could be the first time he's done this. This could also be the time he kills her; and

2. I don't like hearing that ghetto sh*t.

this is esp. true when the resident says she's never heard it before

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 12:59pm
Call the popo - their job is to investigate. If you wish to remain anonymous to your neighbor, tell the dispatcher you do NOT want the officers to contact you at that time. 99% of the time they won't, unless they need an immediate witness statement.

Even if you are unsure, please call. I'd rather the lady and her man be angry at me for being cautious than be angry at myself because she was hurt or killed and i did nothing.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 1:07pm

Put on your security gaurd halloween outfit and bang on the door with your flashlight... nah just kidding call the daggone cops.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

It's not hard to make a phone call. 

-------------

-Zapata

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 1:51pm
agree with Rumbie

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 2:40pm

I.am.calling.the.police.

but like is said

I'm not fully understanding your points here.  What does the fact that she has car keys have to do with getting beat?  And do you seriously think if there were friends in the room with her, that they would allow her to get beat down?

Since you don't live there, I would think your family would be relatively safe from any repercussions.  To stand by and not do anything is wrong.  A phone call =/= you banging on the door telling him to open it up and stop the violence.

Another option since you don't want to call the cops would be to call the leasing office and let them call the cops.  However if the event is happening afterhours no one is going to get the msg soon enough to be of real help.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 2:54pm
maaaan.....i was talking about what happened here. i kept saying for the girl HERE... and trust me they had a whole bunch of fights. friends family, her, the bf..everybody. my point was if she had a way to get away (if it was all that bad) then she should've. if her friends family thought it was so bad, they should've taken her. cant tell you how many times the cops came here trying to break them up. i was scared for me and my kids...so i kept to myself.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:28pm
So, also.... Say the man comes to your friend's door one night like 1am and asks to use the phone because he says his girl isn't home. Sounds kinda fishy huh?

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Put on your security gaurd halloween outfit and bang on the door with your flashlight... nah just kidding call the daggone cops.

LOL
LOLLOL

-------------
My mind explodes

Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:55pm

maaaan.....i was talking about what happened here. i kept saying for the girl HERE... and trust me they had a whole bunch of fights. friends family, her, the bf..everybody. my point was if she had a way to get away (if it was all that bad) then she should've. if her friends family thought it was so bad, they should've taken her. cant tell you how many times the cops came here trying to break them up. i was scared for me and my kids...so i kept to myself.

The bolded, I understand, sort of. But the rest is a large misconception of abuse. People don't know how hard it is for those women. When you have a controlling, physically abusive partner, getting your keys and just walking out isn't an option. 

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

Call the popo - their job is to investigate. If you wish to remain anonymous to your neighbor, tell the dispatcher you do NOT want the officers to contact you at that time. 99% of the time they won't, unless they need an immediate witness statement.

Even if you are unsure, please call. I'd rather the lady and her man be angry at me for being cautious than be angry at myself because she was hurt or killed and i did nothing.

Just out of curiosity, anonymous calls are never anonymous right? Dispatch always has a trace on the number being called from?

-------------

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:01pm

My reaction would be to call the police..

If he is indeed laying hands on her, then he needs to be in somebody's jail with some charges filed against him..

I do not think my conscious would let me ever live that down if I heard what sounded like someone getting beaten and not do anything but turn over in my bed and go to sleep. At the very least, if it wasn't her getting beat on, they were too loud and causing a disturbance.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:03pm
call the cops.

i would rather have someone go overboard and it turn out to be nothing

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 5:41pm
Yea I couldn't live with that on my conscience

Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:25pm
So last night, we hear an what sounds like a truck pull up. Look out the window and it's an ambulance. The pull out a stretcher and take forever to go inside. When they finally emerge one of the EMTs is carrying a lifeless body of a child (toddler). Then out comes the boyfriend. The woman comes screeching into the parking lot and hops into the ambulance with the child. They ambulance is there for awhile then it pulls away....

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:28pm
I would call the cops  because I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it afterwards

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

So last night, we hear an what sounds like a truck pull up. Look out the window and it's an ambulance. The pull out a stretcher and take forever to go inside. When they finally emerge one of the EMTs is carrying a lifeless body of a child (toddler). Then out comes the boyfriend. The woman comes screeching into the parking lot and hops into the ambulance with the child. They ambulance is there for awhile then it pulls away....
Unhappy

Posted By: Omni Harmony
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 3:33pm
Did you even call the cops the first time tropical?

Posted By: Carmensworld
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 7:42pm
ShockedBroken HeartCry

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Omni Harmony Omni Harmony wrote:

Did you even call the cops the first time tropical?

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:07pm
CryCry OMG that's terrible.

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 11:33pm
smh, i hope this is all hypothetical, because if not, all of those who had knowledge of what what going on & didn't call the authorities should feel like burning runny sh*t. In my last apt building, this lil asian chick was getting her ass BEAT , i even buzzed them(POLICE) up when I peeped them approach the gate, opened my door & directed them to the apartment. dude was my thought. i could hear him chasing her through the apt

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 11:45pm
i keep erasing everything i want to say.  calling the police doesn't always help but sometimes it does.  you might've been able to make a difference but oh well.

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 11:55pm
What the hell? So were the cops also there? Did you ever call with the first situation in the op? And I agree with whomever said that even if cops came out and she stayed there is nothing you can do. Did you guys hear anything else? So sad.....

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Jun 06 2013 at 12:03am
I despise people who do nothing.

I will just leave it there for now. I know you have to take things case by case for your safety but when kids especially are involved i will do what i have to do!

Print Page | Close Window