Print Page | Close Window

Wheres Obamas tears for THESE kids?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352405
Printed Date: Nov 19 2018 at 9:40am

Topic: Wheres Obamas tears for THESE kids?
Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Subject: Wheres Obamas tears for THESE kids?
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:48pm
Jesus CHRIST what a DAMNING video...

Watch the whole thing.

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*

Replies:
Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:48pm
we all know americans are hypocrites.
does this really need to be discussed?

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:51pm
tears for brown ppl?

jr.

-------------

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:52pm
Casualties of war are different than casualties of a domestic act of violence. Come on Midwest, both situations deserve sympathy but why even make the comparison. It only seeks to take sympathy away from one situation rather than garner sympathy for both situations.

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:53pm
Oh Midwest.....

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:53pm
homeland tragedies weigh heavier on the heart unfortunately.

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Casualties of war are different than casualties of a domestic act of violence. Come on Midwest, both situations deserve sympathy but why even make the comparison. It only seeks to take sympathy away from one situation rather than garner sympathy for both situations.

Says who?

-------------

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

we all know americans only care about americans in recent tragedies.
does this really need to be discussed?

so it shouldnt be discussedConfused

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:56pm
a better example would have been about the children in Chicago and would have been worthy of discussion.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Says who?

Says the definition. One is committed by the government and the other is committed by a non-government actor. At least when the government attacks, citizens can mobilize, elect different officials, and petition their government. When a non-government entity attacks on a large scale, it is more difficult to manage and remedy. It also creates fear among the population. I am not saying that both situations don't deserve attention. We should write Obama, and request most consideration of civilians in these strikes, but the question in the OP, "Where are Obama's tears for these children?" That won't help anyone.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

a better example would have been about the children in Chicago and would have been worthy of discussion.

Exactly.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:00pm
People love to try to tell others where to give their f*cksSleepy

Both situations are horrible and shouldn't be happening, but how can you try to tell another person how/what to feel based on your judgement of what's more deserving.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Clutch Clutch wrote:

Race and Violence In America: We Are All Newtown

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/12/race-and-violence-in-america-we-are-all-newtown/" rel="nofollow -
Aliyah Shell, 6; Heaven Sutton, 7

Aliyah Shell, 6; Heaven Sutton, 7, both victims of gun violence in Chicago.

Six-year-old http://newsone.com/1941505/bloody-saturday-7-dead-dozens-wounded-in-chicago/" rel="nofollow - Aliyah Shell was standing on the front porch with her mother and younger sister when she was gunned down in a drive-by shooting in Chicago.

Seven-year-old http://newsone.com/2024206/heaven-sutton-funeral/" rel="nofollow - Heaven Sutton was standing next to her mother in front of her home selling candy when gunshots rang out on her Chicago block and she crumbled on the pavement, dead from a stray bullet.

Sandra Tyler held her 13-year-old son, http://newsone.com/2022566/chicago-violence/" rel="nofollow - Tyquan , in her arms as he bled out on a Chicago sidewalk, another random victim of a senseless, drive-by shooting.

“I held him in my arms on the sidewalk and talked to him while he was fighting for his life,” Tyler said in June. “I regret letting him go to the party. He was my baby — so loving and respectful.”

And the list of black and brown children goes on and on…

Without fanfare or pomp and circumstance, mothers and fathers in rural towns and urban cities mourn their children quietly, as their memories fade from America’s conscious like tiny footprints in the sand.

There will never be an appropriate time to say that this nation only stands at attention when the majority of victims are white Americans, as was the case at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut, so I might as well say it today.

It is horrifying what happened to those babies. As my mentor, Rebecca, so unerringly stated, for a parent, the thought of what transpired within the confines of Sandy Hook conjures up not just “visceral” emotions, but “primal” urges. We know hallways smelling of chalk and sanitizer, with the faint sounds of math and science echoing down the halls, empty with the exception of the lone student on a bathroom break and the teacher’s aide dashing to make copies.

We hear the laughter and screams on the playgrounds; we can imagine the whispers and the memories being made — check yes or no — when a crazed madman burst into their 6- and 7-year-old worlds with a big scary gun that mommy and daddy couldn’t save them from. The terror seizes our hearts as if those were our children — because they could have been. And the deepest fear most parents have is not being there to protect them when they need us most.

But therein lies the fundamental difference.

The nation doesn’t stop when the Heavens and Aliyahs of the world are snatched from us too soon. How many outside of our own communities demand gun control legislation when the victim is brown-eyed and kinky-haired, and not blue-eyed and blond?

White American children in this country who become victims of gun violence are a sign of shattered innocence, an anomaly that must be analyzed and dissected to ensure that it doesn’t happen again. Black and Brown American children who become victims serve as an indictment of our communities, our homes and our parenting.

Even white perpetrators are assessed delicately. Adam Lanza was a good kid, let media and friends tell the tale — a genius even, who simply exhibited maladaptive social tendencies. His loving mother Nancy, who taught him how to shoot her cache of high powered rifles before he shot her in the head multiple times, was an exceptional parent. This tableau leaves many white Americans in paralyzing fear, because, gotdamnit, if being white, rich and Christian doesn’t afford you some protection in this crazy, mixed up world, then we’re all doomed.

President Barack Obama, a Commander-in-Chief for whom murdered black children has never made the itinerary beyond a http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nbc-news/46834310#46834310" rel="nofollow - Rose Garden soundbite and http://newsone.com/2068715/obama-talks-chicago-violence/" rel="nofollow - MTV during the election cycle , rushed to Newtown, Connecticut — as he did Aurora, Colorado – to comfort and console the community:

I can only hope it helps for you to know that you’re not alone in your grief, that our world, too, has been torn apart, that all across this land of ours, we have wept with you. We’ve pulled our children tight.
And you must know that whatever measure of comfort we can provide, we will provide. Whatever portion of sadness that we can share with you to ease this heavy load, we will gladly bear it. Newtown, you are not alone.
[…]
You know, someone once described the joy and anxiety of parenthood as the equivalent of having your heart outside of your body all the time, walking around.

With their very first cry, this most precious, vital part of ourselves, our child, is suddenly exposed to the world, to possible mishap or malice, and every parent knows there’s nothing we will not do to shield our children from harm. And yet we also know that with that child’s very first step and each step after that, they are separating from us, that we won’t — that we can’t always be there for them.

They will suffer sickness and setbacks and broken hearts and disappointments, and we learn that our most important job is to give them what they need to become self-reliant and capable and resilient, ready to face the world without fear. And we know we can’t do this by ourselves. It comes as a shock at a certain point where you realize no matter how much you love these kids, you can’t do it by yourself, that this job of keeping our children safe and teaching them well is something we can only do together, with the help of friends and neighbors, the help of a community and the help of a nation. And in that way we come to realize that we bear responsibility for every child, because we’re counting on everybody else to help look after ours, that we’re all parents, that they are all our children.

This is our first task, caring for our children. It’s our first job. If we don’t get that right, we don’t get anything right. That’s how, as a society, we will be judged.

And we will be found lacking.

Though President Obama briefly touched on toxic gun violence across the country, the close to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/rahm-emanuel-parents-mour_n_1071247.html" rel="nofollow - 300 Chicago Public Schools students killed by violence over a 3 year period still deserve a vigil; the 27 Palestinian children killed by http://www.presstv.com/detail/2012/11/20/273403/gaza-death-toll-at-109-27-children-killed/" rel="nofollow - U.S. and Israeli funded weaponry in this latest conflict deserve a vigil; the http://www.warcosts.com/178_report" rel="nofollow - 178 children killed by U.S. drone strikes in Pakistan and Yemen also deserve a vigil.

More urgently, as a nation we must move beyond the shallow rhetoric of  “we can do better” to actually implementing targeted, effective policies across the spectrum, from gun control to mental health, that will dismantle the blood-thirsty war machine, domestic castes systems and the entrenched systemic and systematic racism that leaves white America stunned when incomprehensible violence kicks in their front doors and the rest of America resigned when it tears down theirs.

Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t make it more heinous because there were 20 children murdered at one time in a quiet, well-to-do enclave; there is no package deal on grief. The unconscionable act of the killer may take brutal to new heights, but it does not tilt the scales on the collective value of the lives lost. Peel apart the tear-stained layers, and there are individual families who will grieve in their homes alone years after the candles have been blown out and the flowers have withered and died. And they are no different from families suffering in silence around the world.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are all precious. And until we, as human beings, begin to treat them as such, until we purposefully live the creed that “an injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere,” our chickens will continue to come home to roost.

And innocent children will continue to fall victims to a world not of their own making.

***In honor of the 27 innocent victims of violence in Newtown, Connecticut, and all over the world. May they rest in peace and love.***

Both situations are tragic. But we can’t act like black and brown children are not being shoot, or ducking gun fire almost everyday in their communities , and it seems as if there is no sympathy or mass mourning when their lives are lost.

Some of the ppl in the community of Newton kept saying ” this shouldn’t happen here “. No offense but it shouldn’t happen anywhere . I also notice a lot of news anchors talking about the type of therapy these kids will need due to the trauma . And how they don’t want to up security to the point where the kids feel like they are in jail or on lockdown .

Not staying I don’t agree with the anchors to an extent. But just think about how much therapy and help children who live in violent inner city / improvised areas need . I mean for a long time and even today in some areas making it to 18 is a blessing.

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

I agree..

-------------

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:12pm
try again MM

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:12pm
Obama is the president of ALL Americans, not just WHITE Americans... he should really start acting like it

The slain and traumatized children of Chicago, New Orleans, Detroit and any other highly violent urban area are deserving (YES "deserving") of more than just a shout out at the vigil held for the slain children of affluent White Americans

I really wish the "this is not about race" brigade will go away
This really shouldn't be about race but just like everything in America, it is

This our great American shame. The fact that we (collectively) will shed tears and mobilize change in an instant at the death of only some children who we feel are more "pure and innocent" than others

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:14pm
Alias finally spit some HOT FIYAH! Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:17pm
Obama doesn't wanna go to the ghetto forreal

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:20pm
Obama does but he knows he can't

He knows he is walking on egg shells because the people with the most money/power/influence have children that look like those slayed in Newton and they will buzz his ass when he makes a move that they don't warrant (like holding a vigil in the "hood")

That's why he snuck that "or any street corner in Chicago" line in there during his speech. The man ain't stupid, just scared

Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Obama doesn't wanna go to the ghetto forreal

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:20pm
If the mass school shooting happened in Chicago or Detroit do yall think Obama would of just sent a card and kept it moving or summin?

-------------

Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

People love to try to tell others where to give their f*cksSleepy

Both situations are horrible and shouldn't be happening, but how can you try to tell another person how/what to feel based on your judgement of what's more deserving.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:22pm
Yes.

He would have scolded the Black community with that "you need to get it together" voice he often does toward us and held a press conference on absent fathers and sh*t

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

If the mass school shooting happened in Chicago or Detroit do yall think Obama would of just sent a card and kept it moving or summin?

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:23pm
sh*t I'm not even gonna lie I don't wanna go to the ghetto either lol let me stop

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:23pm
Where the fck were your tears?

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:24pm
I just want to make it clear that I have no problem with Obama's response to the SHES massacre

He did everything right in THAT situation

My only critique is that he (and the rest of the country tbh) is too apathetic toward the violence that's happening in urban areas

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Yes.

He would have scolded the Black community with that "you need to get it together" voice he often does toward us and held a press conference on absent fathers and sh*t

Not Sure...If Serious......Confused

-------------

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:25pm
While I agree with the OP, I think some of you are missing the point. 20 children were killed in one instance, by a crazy white man. I believe Obama's response would have been the same if this happened anywhere.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:25pm
I don't believe what goes on in chicago vs this school is relatable.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:26pm
I disagree Alias ! I think the response would have been the same.

Why would he scold the parents in that particular situation. ?

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:26pm
Are you comparing me to the Leader of the free world? Certainly, we aren't going to get into why this isn't a logical comparison again...

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:27pm
Yall do know theres a lot of ppl in office between your doorstep and the white house who could and should be resolving these situation faster than Obama ever could....

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:28pm
Let's be honest, it's really debatable because it hasn't happened (and I hope it never does)

I can only judge Obama on what he's done. He does not address Americans all the same,  I know that much

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I disagree Alias ! I think the response would have been the same.

Why would he scold the parents in that particular situation. ?

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:30pm
You will never hear me say that we're all doing enough for ourselves, I don't believe that

It is possible that we're not doing enough AND Obama isn't either. It's not an either or situation... really wish you all would stop arguing that

Yall do know theres a lot of ppl in office between your doorstep and the white house who could and should be resolving these situation faster than Obama ever could....

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:31pm
Alias though doing the damn thing

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:33pm

Now that is the doggone truth.

And that's for so many issues. People really need to be looking to their local government a lot more. City council, school board, state congress/senate, governor, all of that.

Really brotha?

Black people DO NOT live in a country of our own! We are AMERICANS DAMMIT

It makes me sad how much internalized racism we have smh

Maybe that's it Alias. Obama or any other politician won't do anything until we do something to stop violence in our community.

Are you comparing me to the Leader of the free world? Certainly, we aren't going to get into why this isn't a logical comparison again...

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

First and foremost...nobody was talking to you.

Did you start the thread? Did you ask the question? How you logically picked my post and replied  is what you need investigate/question...not my responses or obama's tears.

I see we need to speak when we are spoken to in 2013.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:34pm
Welp.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:35pm
Calm down nita

Just say you weren't talking to me and keep it moving damn

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:36pm
Lets just put this into perspective. If 20 kids die in car crashes in Texas on seperate days during completely seperate instances, although sad we would probably never hear about either child. However, if those 20 children were all on the same school bus it would be a nationally covered incident. The two emotional reactions aren't in the least bit compatible IMO.

*The comparison is between Chicago and The School Shooting*

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:39pm
No one has ever cared about Black people even when we "cared" for ourselves... stop playin

They will continue to not care for us even AFTER we show that we care

This argument is ridiculous. Why is it that Black people are always having to PROVE our humanity before we get treated like human beings???

U crazy if u think Obama or anybody else gonna care about black people if we ain't even acting like we care about ourselves. Pay some politicians off if u want them to do something for us. Money talks.

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:40pm
I agree with Gkisses and Nita. Although it's sad that ANY child is murdered, single cases don't garner national attention.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:41pm
Obama will never be able to satisfy all of American and not all AA's when it comes to his effort and what hes doing. Many of the times those who dont think hes doing enough dont even consider him to be black, think he's weak and etc. So when he does take a stand on an issue in the AA community these same ppl then feel embarrassed and feel like he should of been more sensitive to the matter at hand. 

The role of president of the US isnt an easy one and being the first man of color in there is even harder. I just wish ppl took this same intensity and these same expectations to their local gov and demanding these changes and see what happens. I never expected Obama's beige hand to wave through the ghettos and make  the streets turn to gold..... that was a false reality that was created by individual ppl and media. It has always suppose to be a "We" thing ... and so far a lot of those ppl screaming  yes we can...aint did shh since.

To say that Obama wouldnt have gone to this memorial if it had happened in the inner city is just ridiculous. Obama hasnt been a perfect president by any means....and there are issue he should address but Im not sure ppl even understand or know the individuals locally who they should be putting on front street and seaking to remove from office.

-------------

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:45pm

By doing what? These people have guns and gangs.. Who's going to protect the people that take the stand.. You all trip me out.. People do stand up, but they need to be protected.. Tell that to the mother and father and five kids that were killed in Baltimore for trying to get drug dealers off their corner. These fools aren't afraid to kill you, your mom, our anyone else that stands in their way.

-------------

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:45pm
I'm pretty sure Obama tears would've been shed had 20 babies been massacred in a Chicago  elementary school.

In 1963, 4 little innocent girls were killed in a church bombing by a racially motivated terrorist. This incident is what most believed spark a turning point in the U.S and contributed to the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:47pm
AMERICA did not care for Black people when Black people pleaded the case. Fact.

Every "moral change" that has been made in America has started with enforceable action from the top

Try getting White folks to treat Blacks indiscriminately without the use of lawful repercussions

No one has ever cared about Black people even when we "cared" for ourselves... stop playin

They will continue to not care for us even AFTER we show that we care

This argument is ridiculous. Why is it that Black people are always having to PROVE our humanity before we get treated like human beings???

U crazy if u think Obama or anybody else gonna care about black people if we ain't even acting like we care about ourselves. Pay some politicians off if u want them to do something for us. Money talks.

Lie. U wouldn't be living the life u living if black people didn't care about themselves and made America listen in the past.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

By doing what? These people have guns and gangs.. Who's going to protect the people that take the stand.. You all trip me out.. People do stand up, but they need to be protected.. Tell that to the mother and father and five kids that were killed in Baltimore for trying to get drug dealers off their corner. These fools aren't afraid to kill you, your mom, our anyone else that stands in their way.
Exactly!!!!

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

By going after these local elected officials who are put in office to do a job. No one is saying take to the street with baseball bats and try to run off drug dealers and gangs. Its not so simple and it is not a movie this is real life. Folks in cities like this let their local gov off the hook to damn easy. If you become a nuisance things will change. It is seen as a embarrassment. This is not one of those situations were u do one thing or write 1 letter or hold one march this is something that needs to be consistent. When you have an agenda it is nothing something you be lazy about accomplishing.

-------------

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:52pm

Obama will never be able to satisfy all of American and not all AA's when it comes to his effort and what hes doing. Many of the times those who dont think hes doing enough dont even consider him to be black, think he's weak and etc. So when he does take a stand on an issue in the AA community these same ppl then feel embarrassed and feel like he should of been more sensitive to the matter at hand. 

The role of president of the US isnt an easy one and being the first man of color in there is even harder. I just wish ppl took this same intensity and these same expectations to their local gov and demanding these changes and see what happens. I never expected Obama's beige hand to wave through the ghettos and make  the streets turn to gold..... that was a false reality that was created by individual ppl and media. It has always suppose to be a "We" thing ... and so far a lot of those ppl screaming  yes we can...aint did shh since.

To say that Obama wouldnt have gone to this memorial if it had happened in the inner city is just ridiculous. Obama hasnt been a perfect president by any means....and there are issue he should address but Im not sure ppl even understand or know the individuals locally who they should be putting on front street and seaking to remove from office.

girl please. You know most of the negroes who got him into office only vote every 4 years, if that.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:53pm
Anyone willing to go to the ghettos to save our community? Risking your life and everything

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:55pm
When you have representatives such as Michelle Bachmann being reelected, there is definitely a big problem. I do think blacks need to get more involved in their local political races.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 1:59pm
Whatever, I've voiced my opinion

Too many of yall are clearly suffering from internalized racism
It's not too much for Blacks to demand their government to do better

I'm done

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Anyone willing to go to the ghettos to save our community? Risking your life and everything

I believe you stated before that you never been to the ghetto before if Im correct. I think  a lot of ppl who have never lived or been there create an idea of what its like to live there based off what they hear and news stories. Dont get me wrong there are some areas worse than others  but for the most  part many of those living there are just trying to live.You will have ur ratchet folk but u will also have ur elderly and families  who are just making due. My point being its not always about risking your life  it is not that dramatic....Its the fear installed in ppl who have never lived there or been there that keeps those that are capable of helping out.

-------------

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:03pm

I'm done

Obama isn't the only person that's part of our government though. IA with Gkisses, why limit your want for the government to change things to just Obama? Why skip over local and statewide government?

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:04pm

I'm done

I dont see where anyone said it was.....Confused One just needs to know how to go about doing it in order to get the change their demanding at a faster rate.

-------------

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:05pm

-------------
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." - Edgar J. Mohn

Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

I'm done

Obama isn't the only person that's part of our government though. IA with Gkisses, why limit your want for the government to change things to just Obama? Why skip over local and statewide government?

While there are some valid points made, I'm going to have to agree with this. Although we want him to be, the president is not god and certainly can't run the country all alone. If that was the case, we wouldn't need ANY other politician or local/state governments for that matter.

-------------
Cry me a river d*@kface you just got yourself another one!

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:06pm

I'm done

They can make a greater and faster impact.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:08pm
Ah

So hundreds of kids die due to gun violence on a monthly basis in urban areas = work your way from the bottom starting with state politicians and hopefully the President will do something about it

Dozens of kids die in a single day in suburban area = President encourages and gathers lawmakers and state Politicians to work together and fight for gun control

?

Hmm ok.

I'm done

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:09pm
are we denying that (white) americans don't think one american life is greater than 100 foreign ones? 
this can't be a this is like that argument, because these children will never be given "help" for what is done to them. no one will take ownership for their deaths. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:09pm
Its easier to scream about what Obama hasnt done when you dont know who's name to scream locally.

IA with a statement PK made earlier about the power of money and agendas....The AA community just dont know their own worth at times and how rich they are. Right now shh is hella divisive

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:10pm
people blame/credit the president for everything. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:11pm

are we denying that (white) americans don't think one american life is greater than 100 foreign ones? 
this can't be a this is like that argument, because these children will never be given "help" for what is done to them. no one will take ownership for their deaths. 

Nope

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:16pm
Local and statewide goverment can make a huge difference. Obama is in office for 4 years. These elected officials spent their entire lives in local government.

If the black community demands more and us their voting power (a la Obama election) then just maybe we will see more in the black community from the state and local government.

But, many have that self defeated mentality already that no one cares so why should they demand more.

Obama can't change the black community.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:17pm

Ah

So hundreds of kids die due to gun violence on a monthly basis in urban areas = work your way from the bottom starting with state politicians and hopefully the President will do something about it

Dozens of kids die in a single day in suburban area = President encourages and gathers lawmakers and state Politicians to work together and fight for gun control

?

Hmm ok.

He's talking to the same people we're saying the people should be talking to. It shouldnt get to the point where a president has to tell them to do their job. It is not the "bottom" when they are the ones who can directly fix the issues at hand or are the direct cause of the same issues.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:18pm

Local and statewide goverment can make a huge difference. Obama is in office for 4 years. These elected officials spent their entire lives in local government.

If the black community demands more and us their voting power (a la Obama election) then just maybe we will see more in the black community from the state and local government.

But, many have that self defeated mentality already that no one cares so why should they demand more.

Obama can't change the black community.

Not only that, people have to realize that Obama is only one man versus how many local and state government officials? It's not like he can just snap his fingers and something is automatically so. 

I really believe people think Obama is supposed to be the black community's saving grace or something. 

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:19pm
gangs are bound to happen. 
the problem is how those gangs get their money and power.
which is from drugs. 

again, americans are the biggest hypocrites alive. 

-------------

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:20pm
tbh most local politicians are crooks. they only make moves for the highest bidder. its all about how much money you bring to the table with these crooks. there isn't that much wealth and influence in the black community so they could care less about what's going on in the hood.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:20pm
nobody gives a fuuck about a foreigner

esp americans and brits

black or white

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:26pm

i'd say

Foreigners dont give a shyt about Foreigners 

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:28pm

Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

tbh most local politicians are crooks. they only make moves for the highest bidder. its all about how much money you bring to the table with these crooks. there isn't that much wealth and influence in the black community so they could care less about what's going on in the hood.

I disagree with black people not having wealth. We got money. It ain't going to politicians but our spending power is pretty big in America.
we have wealth but not as much as white folk obviously. i just think if we want laws changed and things done in the community we gotta be willing to break bread.

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:29pm

The hood don't got a lot of money tho if that's what u saying. The black social class with a lot of the wealth don't really care about the hood imo.
yea this basically.

-------------
God bless

Believe me if people in the hood do have power, they just don't know how to use it.

I disagree with black people not having wealth. We got money. It ain't going to politicians but our spending power is pretty big in America.
we have wealth but not as much as white folk obviously. i just think if we want laws changed and things done in the community we gotta be willing to break bread.

And that's the problem. We ain't got enough people that are willing to yet we're willing to complain about how nothing's being done.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:34pm
Black people don't have enough old money to disrupt what's already in play. The money is not long enough...the same shyt been in place for generations.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:48pm

I think we do have enough money to fix our neighborhoods. But the people with the money left the neighborhoods. 

and never looked back.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

i'd say

Foreigners dont give a shyt about Foreigners 
good one

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 2:56pm
Once most black people get money, they develop an "every man for himself", "I got mine now you get yours" mentality. 

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:03pm
I wish we could be like mexicans.....if we could just stick together and quit asking to be accepted but DEMAND acceptence. We letting them pass us up.

We let the world define us as criminals, hoodlums and lazy when we know we aren't. We let our stupid speak louder than our smart. Its a damn shame.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:04pm

I think we do have enough money to fix our neighborhoods. But the people with the money left the neighborhoods. 

Holly F'N Lu Lah!!!!

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:07pm

The hood don't got a lot of money tho if that's what u saying. The black social class with a lot of the wealth don't really care about the hood imo.

exactly nobody is willing to go to the hood.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:08pm

They ain't coming back either

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:14pm
"Fix our neighborhoods"

What does this mean exactly?

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:16pm
*sips Kool Aid*

-------------

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:17pm

haven't read much other than that title

but I think the difference here is the sheer number of children that were gunned down in minutes, at school no less

I do agree that had this very same thing happened in an urban school the entire dynamic would be different ... not just with President Obama's response but with how the media approached the situation or whom they deemed victims

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I wish we could be like mexicans.....if we could just stick together and quit asking to be accepted but DEMAND acceptence. We letting them pass us up.

We let the world define us as criminals, hoodlums and lazy when we know we aren't. We let our stupid speak louder than our smart. Its a damn shame.

mexicans are doing THAT much better? Confused
Come down to sa town where they RUN it. They look our for each other like nobody's business. They ain't askin for nothin...they elect they own people and only they people. No matter where you work if you speak spanish you make an extra $1-$2 an hour. They manipulate the system to benefit they ppl not jus themselves.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:25pm

Mexicans are not above us in the race for equality.  Mexicans don't have a hold on what's going on in Mexico and they also don't have a hold on what's happening to them in the United States.  In both places they're at the mercy of things bigger than themselves.  

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:26pm

Come down to sa town where they RUN it. They look our for each other like nobody's business. They ain't askin for nothin...they elect they own people and only they people. No matter where you work if you speak spanish you make an extra $1-$2 an hour. They manipulate the system to benefit they ppl not jus themselves.

that only works in small, heavily populated hispanic towns in close proximity to the border where there is not much opposition from blacks or whites...the towns are usually not affluent so it doesnt work in society at large, only those small towns.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

that only works in small, heavily populated hispanic towns in close proximity to the border where there is not much opposition from blacks or whites...the towns are usually not affluent so it doesnt work in society at large, only those small towns.
San Antonio is not a small town......you'll see...it's coming. They already talkin about the mayor of San Antonio (mexican) running for president in 2016. Not saying they better than us....jus saying they keep it pushin....and breeding lol. If we could just move towards a common goal there would be no stoppin us.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:53pm

Mexicans are not above us in the race for equality.  Mexicans don't have a hold on what's going on in Mexico and they also don't have a hold on what's happening to them in the United States.  In both places they're at the mercy of things bigger than themselves.  

but they are.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:56pm
Whoa whoa whoa !! Mexicans are living off the government of the US.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:59pm

California is broke due to the Mexican immigrant, we take care of them.

Let's be real.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 3:59pm

but they are.

GASP!!!!!! Hush yo mouth!!!!

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:00pm
They make themselves needed too.....I can't go a week without a breakfast taco smh Embarrassed

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:04pm

California is broke due to the Mexican immigrant, we take care of them.

Let's be real.

Thank you...and san francisco is a sanctuary city.  they have access to every resource they need.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:04pm
I don't think we'll have a Mexican President anytime soon, I could be wrong.

A yt Cuban one maybe, Mexican nope.

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:14pm
i'd vote for julian castro....he's a cutie Tongue

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:52pm
Good topic OP, even though it went in the opposite direction..Confused

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:56pm
But Midwest has a point.

When they had that moment of silence at the Miss Universe comp yesterday, I was thinking…

where have the moments of silences been these past upteen years this competition has been held for the thousands of children dying due to starvation, war, HIV/AIDs, malaria, etc etc. It would make sense considering Miss Universe is a competition that encompasses so many countries…

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 4:57pm
Lol but I see yall are off topic..exits

Print Page | Close Window