Print Page | Close Window

Black Womens Blogs: Where the Male Trolls Are

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352371
Printed Date: Sep 18 2018 at 5:04pm

Topic: Black Womens Blogs: Where the Male Trolls Are
Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Subject: Black Womens Blogs: Where the Male Trolls Are
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 7:50pm

Black Women’s Blogs: Where the Male Trolls Are

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/12/black-womens-blogs-where-the-male-trolls-are/" rel="nofollow -

TrollsFor years now, I have wondered, “Why is he here?” He would be a male.  I can’t bring myself to call him a “man,” although biologically that would probably be the correct term. He* baffles me by showing up on websites and blogs geared toward women only to wonder why the conversation isn’t about men. He peruses posts about what women are thinking, the ones where the comments section numbers into the tens and hundreds, and then calls the issue “irrelevant” or dumb.”  He shows up to every conversation about Black relationships to remind Black women that Black men are not interested in them, somehow missing the irony that by reading and posting — always at length — his action contradicts his assertion.  No matter the issue, he absolutely always faults women in general or feminism at large.

If he posts early enough on Clutch, his comments are shielded from later viewers with a “hidden due to low rating,” the invariable result of the Sisters who got here first clicking the thumbs down button. But for the stragglers, the one who show up to a juicy post a day late (that’s me), his often off-color and vicious comments sit. I always read the rant and I always wonder mid-way, “boy, why are you here?”

I wanted an answer, truly, for years. But I’ve treated the musing like a rhetorical question. Someday it would be answered… better, someday, someone would ponder harder, do the work, and deliver the answer since I was interested enough to wonder, but too busy to really be concerned. And then a Clutch commenter suggested, “someone should write about why there are all these male trolls on women’s blogs.” And so I have.

I had my theories. Leading the list was a lot of men like having sex with women, but don’t really like women. But that seemed too simple. I wondered if berating women online was to get the same effect of doing it in the real world. Guy emotionally batters women because he insecure about self and must make woman feel inferior so he can feel strong and she will be docile. That kind of had merit.

My conspiracy theory went something like—if boy believes feminism is the downfall of mankind, and most women’s sites/blogs are perceived as having feminist leanings, then maybe he thinks women are on women’s sites plotting  to overthrow men. He might think “natural hair” is our code word for “machete.” Maybe his rabble-rousing in the comments can distract us (because, you know, women are like children) and thwart our agenda to take over Man, which, of course, would make him a hero among men. I swear, it’s not really as far-fetched as it sounds.

It still felt like I was missing something though, so I asked my guys — my Male Mind Squad, if you will — why they thought some boys were trolling women’s sites.

The first response gave the most obvious answer: “We live in a trolling world,” he explained matter-of-factly. “Anonymous posting has allowed anyone to be a cyber-terrorist, bully, or saboteur.”

One friend genuinely thought that maybe women were looking at it all wrong and the guys weren’t as bad as I made them out to be. “Men, generally, are solvers and when women have issues,” he guessed. “Some men believe a simple opinion will cure their issues and voila … problem solved.” Or er, started.

A couple of guys had outlooks I didn’t expect (but in retrospect, should have been obvious). “Men are perpetually trying to figure out the foreign specie that is the female human,” one gent hypothesized. “Once men discover the truth, they’re not willing to accept it and become combative toward it. Very similar to a woman asking her man if she looks fat in new jeans …”

Another guy confirmed a theory about these males: “They are there to prey upon any weak-minded women and portray themselves as ‘real men’,” he said. “They’re lost. They don’t understand the entirety of context and what it’s like to BE a woman.”

And yet another guy confirmed my leading suspicion. “On the low, a lot of dudes HATE women,” he said. “This is a vehicle for them to let out their anger bitterness, frustration and venom.”

Why do you think the males are here?

*The “he” I refer to isn’t any of the plethora of men who visit women’s sites and manage to contribute to the conversation meaningfully with their male POV. I get why they are here. Most of what society tends to think of as women’s issues don’t affect just one sex. And well, men who like women and want to get along with tem are genuinely interested in what we’re thinking and talking about. I find their input mostly helpful. Oh, and so the guys tell me there are ZERO forums for men to express themselves, “and probably won’t be,” said a guy friend. I assume all of the above is why men join in from time to time.

Demetria L. Lucas is the author of “A Belle in Brooklyn: The Go-to Girl for Advice on Living Your Best Single Life” (Atria) in stores now. Follow her on Twitter @abelleinbk

southern: and then sometimes, it's not that deep. but good to know it isn't just bhm

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 7:52pm
do we start the most threads on this forum?

eta: i read this this morning and def. giggled my black ass off

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 7:52pm
Finna be a slander fest in a min

jr.

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 7:58pm
These niccas think they are funny and need attention. They are the wanna be alpha males. (ie...the midmess masseuses)

Or they are mad and seek attention. (ie. That nicca taking pics infront of the nursing home)

Then there are the "bottles" of the world, kind of believe they aren't really trolling, but understand that those niccas have a life offline, so you only have to deal with them 4-6 times a year.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by ascreennameIDR ascreennameIDR wrote:

Cancel this crazy BHF blog!

Y'all remember her? Dead

-------------

Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

jr.

LMFAOOOO

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:07pm
I humbly request CC allow me to drink tea with her for the duration of this thread.

Make mine a long island tho...

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:11pm
I compare males trolling on a woman's forum to when white trolls hang out on Black forums.

ETA: Tea for Babydoll. I'm sipping on vanilla chai tonight.Big smile

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I compare males trolling on a woman's forum to when white trolls hang out on Black forums.

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:15pm
ETA: My smileys are not posting. Sigh.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

ETA: Tea for Babydoll. I'm sipping on vanilla chai tonight.Big smile

simple enough

thanked nita

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:16pm
thanks

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:19pm
this should be a good one.  

i don't think all the guys here are trolls.  the trolliest troll was defended to the death in a recent thread so...

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i don't think all the guys here are trolls.  the trolliest troll was defended to the death in a recent thread so...

lol. We need a thread about the dummies who defend their honor. smh

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:21pm
i think i am the only person who has reported the re-emerged troll. i don't even read his threads but it's all so fvcking basic and these basic birds are sopping that sh*t up like a fatass at Golden Corral on Sunday at 2pm after church service. ugh

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i think james is very respectful and very clearly not a troll

as for that one....ima exit stage left
oh i was thinking of someone else Embarrassed

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:25pm
Southern's over there sending shots at me

It's all good tho

jr.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i think i am the only person who has reported the re-emerged troll. i don't even read his threads but it's all so fvcking basic and these basic birds are sopping that sh*t up like a fatass at Golden Corral on Sunday at 2pm after church service. ugh

I accidentally clicked on one of his threads yesterday. I backspaced out of that sh*t before the paged loaded.

-------------

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 8:56pm
“They are there to prey upon any weak-minded women and portray themselves as ‘real men’,” he said. “They’re lost. They don’t understand the entirety of context and what it’s like to BE a woman.”

Ya know, from what ive read in the past few days, I really feel like this person may be on to something.

-------------
i lost all my baby weight: )

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:02pm
BHM is full of weak minds. 

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:44pm

jr.

Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

jr.

LMFAOOOO

-------------

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:01pm
The men on this site make it more entertaining. It's all good

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:04pm
Remember when the only men on the site were Ricardo, Naim and 10?

Seems like so long ago...

-------------
heyyyyyyyy

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:25pm
And all of them thanked your post

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Marmonette Marmonette wrote:

yeah....I don't think I ever saw Naim in TTT.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:38pm
They just need to be banned. I dont know why anyone would want them here when their sole purpose was to raid women's pics and repost them to the ic. I don't get why people defend "that guy" either.

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:39pm
somebody please PM me.  who is "that guy"?

-------------

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:41pm
Probably Tweetie boy. He's kinda hated around these parts more than any other, for whatever reason. Although his last thread went well, to my surprise

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

somebody please PM me.  who is "that guy"?
Right who yall talkin bout?

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:42pm
Somebody got it

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:42pm
point taken

-------------

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

And all of them thanked your post

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

You felt guilty.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Probably Tweetie boy. He's kinda hated around these parts more than any other, for whatever reason. Although his last thread went well, to my surprise
Lol I won't be defending him but, he's alright

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

if this ain't the dayum truth smh

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:10pm

occasionally

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Marmonette
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:11pm
lol He made a few appearances in TTT, but yeah, for the most part he stayed in that section.

-------------
heyyyyyyyy

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

that's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure.  I mean...if he's hated that much why do females that hate him entertain his threads?  He can't be that bad then?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

occasionally

Welp....I guess I missed his few appearances then.LOL

-------------

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 11:31pm
I have no idea who people are talking about ITT. 

Print Page | Close Window