Print Page | Close Window

Due date--how many actually had baby?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352311
Printed Date: Oct 16 2019 at 9:42pm

Topic: Due date--how many actually had baby?
Posted By: mcelweewife
Subject: Due date--how many actually had baby?
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:23am
I tried to edit my other labor thread title and update the original post, but the option isn't thereConfused
Unless I am having a slow moment.

I was wondering how many of you actually had your baby on your due date?
I am due today and not anywhere near in laborOuch.....nothing is happening, not even so much as a cramp.

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/mcelweep/2012/

Replies:
Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:24am
When the baby is ready, he/she will make her entrance into the world.

ETA: I had my son 1 month early

-------------
Be humble or get him humbled

Ignore typos...autocorrect won't let me be great

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:27am
you should know that the due date is an ESTIMATION  & docs consider anywhere from 2 wks early to 2 wks later on time.  Don't worry u made it this far, all should be okThumbs Up

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:29am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

so this is the labor thread?

change the title!
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

I tried to edit my other labor thread title and update the original post, but the option isn't thereConfused
Unless I am having a slow moment.

I was wondering how many of you actually had your baby on your due date?
I am due today and not anywhere near in laborOuch.....nothing is happening, not even so much as a cramp.

-------------

Posted By: Lady ICE
not me. i had my daughter 3 weeks early and my son a week late. 

-------------

Posted By: BeatriceBean
I didn't have any of my children on their due dates.

My eldest was 2 weeks early, my son was a week late, and my youngest daughter was almost a month late.

Your baby will let you know when he or she is ready!

-------------
Life is good!

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:30am
my last delivery was 2 days off from the date my ob gave me.

All of my pregnancies/labors have been on time & normal

-------------

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:32am
Woah. Your baby stayed cooking in the oven for a month Beatrice? Damn! That baby must've gotten real comfy in there

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:33am
I can't think of a single person who has actually had their baby on their due date. Your baby will come when he/she's ready.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:33am
oooh nala, nice aviStar

-------------

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

oooh nala, nice aviStar

Thanks!

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Woah. Your baby stayed cooking in the oven for a month Beatrice? Damn! That baby must've gotten real comfy in there

Yup, but when she was ready, she wasted no time. My husband was at work and I almost had the child waddling up my neighbor's driveway.

And I'm gonna co-sign Bunny and say CUTE!!!

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: freedom76
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:42am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

I can't think of a single person who has actually had their baby on their due date. Your baby will come when he/she's ready.

I didStar. But I was also in labor for 3 days...that little boy wanted to wait until his due date too.LOL

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:44am

that happened with my mom too. she said i didnt want to come out.

couldnt happen with my kids i was serving eviction notices.Ermm the need to sleep on my stomach was great.LOL

-------------

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:44am
None where on the due date.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: Tangala0810
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:50am
my first child came about to weeks early...im due on feb,14,2013 and at night my baby head is right down under my pelvis, I have cramps n a lil contractions n she be kicking alot.

-------------
Pecan~Tan   

Posted By: Bekah
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:13am
I had my daughter on my due date. I know lots of other people who did too.

The day before I had no cramps, not even braxton hicks. My doctor did something called 'stripping of the membranes' and I went into labor hours after that and had her the next afternoon.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:17am
my mom had me exactly one month early, my eldest brother was born at 7months and my ther brother born right on time

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:25am
My son came 6 weeks early and my daughter was 2 weeks early.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:26am
I was overdue by 8 days. They had to break my water to get my labor started. If you need this done... get the pain killers before they give you Pitocin <----- created by the DEVIL HIMSELF

Once I was ready to push it only took 3 and he was out. So once things get going it can be very fast. Rest up and watch some movies. Turn around any clocks and take off your watch.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:27am
Ok thank you all that was helpful.
Bunyahh I did read awhile ago that most babies come either 2 weeks before they are due, or 2 weeks after, but I hoped it wouldn't apply to meLOL

My sis in law had my niece the day before her due date and two of my close friends had their baby on or the day after they were due. I was hoping that would happen to me.

My original due date was December 25th, but they pushed it back to the 18th due to his size.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:46am
Good luck and enjoy every minute of labor. It's such a memorable experience and everyone has a unique story

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

I was overdue by 8 days. They had to break my water to get my labor started. If you need this done... get the pain killers before they give you Pitocin <----- created by the DEVIL HIMSELF

Once I was ready to push it only took 3 and he was out. So once things get going it can be very fast. Rest up and watch some movies. Turn around any clocks and take off your watch.

I am having a home water birth, but my midwife did tell me if baby is not here by Friday, an appointment with my ob will be scheduled and I will be induced if baby is not responding to stimuli, or if there concerns he is too big and/or placenta is calcifying.
Meanwhile I am just relaxing and waiting. I didn't sleep much last night due to excitement, so I may take a nap.
ETA:  Thank you, I smile 13!

-------------

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:03am

Congrats in advance Wifey! I am so happy for you.  Big smile All the best for your birth and health of the baby.

-------------
I swear that BHM is a blessing and a curse.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:07am
An assos of mine was due on sunday and they induced her then. she had the baby yesterday around 2pm.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:18am

I am having a home water birth, but my midwife did tell me if baby is not here by Friday, an appointment with my ob will be scheduled and I will be induced if baby is not responding to stimuli, or if there concerns he is too big and/or placenta is calcifying.
Meanwhile I am just relaxing and waiting. I didn't sleep much last night due to excitement, so I may take a nap.

What exactly is a home water birth?  I know I can google it but go ahead and tell me whatchu doinTongue

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:27am
I had both my kids on the first due dates given...they were adjusted once for  my daughter and twice for my son (I keep my dates pretty well so it lined up as it should have).  
With both, I had woke up with the thought it wasn't going to be that day cause nothing happened...but when it did, they arrived with smooth deliveries.

Good luck!

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:36am
Congrats and good luck!! It seemed like yesterday when you announced that you were pregnant!!! :-)
All of the friends I know, except for one gave birth on their due dates! One of my friends had a c-section this morning and she was due on Christmas day and another one is being induced tomorrow on her due date!

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

What exactly is a home water birth?  I know I can google it but go ahead and tell me whatchu doinTongue

It's where you give birth in a birthing pool...I did this with my son and did a modified version with my daughter.  Mid-wives are great if you get good ones.

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:40am
I was about a week late.

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:43am
Op, if you have to be induced what will happen with the water birth?

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by MsMahoganyRed MsMahoganyRed wrote:

It's where you give birth in a birthing pool...I did this with my son and did a modified version with my daughter.  Mid-wives are great if you get good ones.

So can you be induced to start contractions and still have a water birth? I don't see why not....

Unless if you are induced at a hospital or doctor's office, they are liable if you leave and go home without medical consent?

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:56am
I had my daughter and youngest son on their due dates. My older son was born 14 minutes before his due date.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:59am

Thank you Alynxx and ISDY!

Thank you the bolded is correct!
If I am induced, I am screwed!! I would have to have a hospital birth with drugs, which is exactly what I did not want. Since I still have 14 days though I am not tripping. It does suck that the next 2 Tuesday are major holidays though, Christmas and New Year's Day--this makes a c-section much more likely. Most docs don't want a drawn out labor and may resent being there.
I will probably try ways of stimulating labor naturally before I let it come to that though. The lady who ran my birthing class highly recommended castor oil to bring on labor.  For now I am just going with the flow, I feel it's too early to start panicking.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:00pm

So can you be induced to start contractions and still have a water birth? I don't see why not....

Unless if you are induced at a hospital or doctor's office, they are liable if you leave and go home without medical consent?

The very act of me being induced would mean no home birth. So my midwife would be useless at that point.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:22pm
Dreamz that is sweet!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 1:39pm
i always go past my due date. In fact my body has never started labor on its own except with my twins. Its weird. My babies like to bake for a long time.

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 2:01pm
My older daughter was on time and she started the show on her own.  

The little one tho? Stern Smile  She was a month early, breech.....She's still full of drama. 

....but I love my baby girls Heart

Good luck to you Wifey and hopefully you get your way!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 2:28pm

Dreamz that is sweet!!!!!

Maybe he wants to be the perfect Christmas present for you. I hope he comes easily abd perfectly for your home birth!

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 3:37pm
I was 10 days late. Sometimes babies like to chill in the womb longer than medically necessary. Think of it as extra long (internal) hug.Big smile

ETA: I as in ME, not my baby. 
<---childless.

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 3:46pm
I was a month late being lazy as usualBig smile...congrats

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:18pm
My friends first child just came last week.
She was 20 days late.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:27pm
I just wanted to say congratulations and that I hope it all goes well. What an exciting time!!!! Get some sleep while you can. 

My daughter was 2 days late with no signs at all and to get her out I cleaned the whole house from top to bottom while jumping up and down and dancing to music, then I spent 8 hours walking and shopping and then to seal the deal I ate 7 spicy tacos. My water broke 1 hour after I finished the tacos.

Edit: If the baby is doing fine and responding...don't let them talk you into inducing. My OBGYN told me she was going to induce me if baby didn't come after one week post due dute. She really thought she was going to tell me.....lol it was funny but my friend got talked into hers. Worst Labor Ever.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:54pm
1st child -Due Dec 21st, wasn't born until Jan 2nd and I was induced. He was getting too big.

2nd child- due Nov 5th- wasn't born until Nov 11th. Had a lil bloody show but nothing else. Took castor oil and went into labor w/in 5 hrs. LOL 

They say "2 weeks before- 2 weeks after" due date but ppl still say their child was early or late if it wasn't born exactly on due date.

-------------

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:55pm
All 3 of my sisters kids were born on their due dates w/o induction.

-------------

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:19pm
Thats amazing!

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

couldnt happen with my kids i was serving eviction notices.Ermm the need to sleep on my stomach was great.LOL

i miss this Cry

congrats to wifey and yaya!!

i'm due vday, but I keep thinking he'll come early.

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:23pm
I think my mom said I was a few days late

She had a c section because she wouldn't dilate 

-------------

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:36pm
My son was three days early. Walking/being active personally helped me. I walked around everyday on campus up until the day I went into labor.

I also went into the hospital when I got my bloody show and found out I was in labor. No cramping or contractions before then.

-------------
There's power in your rolling hills. - My Aunt Jill

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:40pm
OP do you have a smart phone w/ apps? If so, you should download the babycenter app. Their forum is uhh...interesting...but I learned sooooo much there from other moms who had babies due in October. It's cool speaking to thousands of other people who are going through the same thing at the same time.

-------------
There's power in your rolling hills. - My Aunt Jill

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i miss this Cry

congrats to wifey and yaya!!

i'm due vday, but I keep thinking he'll come early.

Aww Ladybird!! Congrats to you. V-Day will be here before we know it.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

OP do you have a smart phone w/ apps? If so, you should download the babycenter app. Their forum is uhh...interesting...but I learned sooooo much there from other moms who had babies due in October. It's cool speaking to thousands of other people who are going through the same thing at the same time.

I have to agree! I live on that site. All of the "weird" pregnancy stuff that has happened to me
(neck darker than the rest of my body, pitch black ring around my navel, a hairy bellyDead, chipped front teeth, cloudy urine, splitting/separating abdominal muscles, tail bone pain, foot pain, longe 1 inch hairs growing out of my cheeks, hemorrhoids once the baby turned head down, varicose veins, swollen feet and ankles, fat hands and fat face, lol. I can always find people there who have had the same troubles. I didn't realize that chipped teeth are common during pregnancy. I get plenty of calcium, so I don't know what the deal with that is.

I hope to get them filed down evenly at my next dental appointment. My friends and fam say they don't notice it, but I do and it drives me nuts whenever I look in the mirror.

Luckily my overall health has been great as has my blood pressure. The occasional cloudy urine went away after the 1st trimester.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:24pm
My teeth chipped while chewing gum when I was pregnant. It was so wired bc all of a sudden I was chewing on crunchy gum lol

-------------

Posted By: juicygyrl
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:28pm
I was due 10-5-2012 and had my baby 10-6-2012 at 10:45 am. I went into labor on my due date. 

eta:
When I went into labor early morning( on my due date) I thought it was false labor pains from sex the night before. My husband kept saying I was in labor and I kept telling him it was false labor pains and no one actually has their baby on the due date ( rarely.) I continued about my day; went to the mall, paid some bills went grocery shopping and picked out some paint. All the while holding my breath every 15-20 minutes not knowing I was in labor, lol. Luckily I labored at home all day and night. Although she was born 10hours and 45 min beyond my due date she was close!

-------------
http://lilypie.com" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:12pm
juicy I am liking your birth story, it sounds like a great experience. I still have 4 hours before midnight, lol. I still have hope.....

ismile13 thank you for making me feel less like an alien. NONE of my friends or coworkers had that happen to them. ONLY online have I heard of it happening to others!
It happened sometime during the 1st 6 weeks of my pregnancy.

-------------

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:43pm
My cousin's GF had their daughter on her due date. 

I was born one week before the due date they gave my mother.

-------------

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:51pm
God bless you and your baby mcelweewife!!!!

Praying your baby comes quickly and easily!

Posted By: keishe83
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:55pm
Good luck Wifey Big smile Having a baby is one of the best things that can happen.

My first child was born 2 days late. The doctor had to break my water.

My second child was born a day late.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:03pm
mc wait til you get to do your first full pee lol. come on out little baby and give mama's bladder a rest!

-------------

Posted By: H0tg1rl
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:38pm
I gots the fever nah

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:57pm
WHY are you ladies so awesome?!!
I sincerely love this site. I hope it never shuts down!

-------------

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:10pm
... If you remember, from my labor thread, i was due the 20th they induced the 5th, Jellybean came the 8th.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 12:29am
IOSH, your little girl is adorable! Isn't she about 2 now?

-------------

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 1:01am
My baby was 5 days late, shes my first.

-------------

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 1:16am

IOSH, your little girl is adorable! Isn't she about 2 now?

She'll be 3 in March, she acts like she's 20.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 1:53am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

She was 20 days late.

ShockedI thought it was risky for babies to be that far over due???

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 2:24am
Wifey, I am so happy for you and your DH.  I know everything is going to go well.  As you already know, I wish you all good, positive things.  He is not ready to make his appearance, it is too cold LOL.  I will guesstimate, that he will be born between December 23- 29.  It would be fun for us to post a date, when he will be born.

With my four they were planned C-sections.  Because, I was high risk, and with previous miscarriages.  HugHeart

-------------
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." - Edgar J. Mohn

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 3:08am
I hope you and your baby a safe and easy delivery..
the first time you take a deep breath after the baby is born is amazing! But while you wait you might want to get some of those brown bandages because your stomach will feel very loose

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:55am

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:00am
Thank you Claudie you always know JUST what to say!!!!
Prazol, please tell me more about these bandages! Are they like gauze or are they sticky?

@ IOSH, lol. Little girls always have personality! My 11 month old niece likes to slap peopleLOL

I am about to try and embed an awesome birth video!
Here goes the link in case it doesn't work (it's not gory and only a little over a minute!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIiVszj1EU&feature=related" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoIiVszj1EU&feature=related  

-------------

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

She was 20 days late.

ShockedI thought it was risky for babies to be that far over due???

Iono anything about pregnancy..
She may have said 15 days.
My mind rounded to 20. LOL

I just know she was miserable, and made sure everyone knew LOL

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Print Page | Close Window