Print Page | Close Window

About that old and bitter argument...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352289
Printed Date: May 22 2018 at 10:36pm


Topic: About that old and bitter argument...
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Subject: About that old and bitter argument...
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:38pm
some of y'all like to use this "argument" to excess and use it as an attempt to demean a person's life experiences and even bring into question their "womanhood". I notice that this argument is always directed at females, never at males, which underlines its sexist nature
 
It really needs to stop. I've been on the receiving end of that myself but what prompted this post is that I noticed that another poster also got this thrown in her face in another thread (that I lurked in but did not participate) over a benign observation. It irked me to no end, as it was extremely uncalled for. In this particular case, the "accusation" was made by a man but plenty of female posters are guilty of doing this.
 
FACT: Just because a woman is past 35, single and childless DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY EQUATE BITTERNESS and BAD CHOICES. This is an incredibly sexist and presumptuous assumption that does not take into account many factors such as:
 
- The fact that the person may simply not have met the right person for her YET(not every human being on the planet can form pairs). Some people meet that person early, some person meet him/her later in life and some, never. That does not make the person less valid as a human being. Wouldn't it be more healthy to not strive to form pairs at all costs, especially if you KNOW that the person is not right for you? It's called maturity and self-knowledge, not irrelevance. Some of these ladies have a wealth of experience that is enviable and that some could actually learn from.
 
- Procreation is not the ONLY means of validation for a female. She may have good friends, a good support system, family members, a career they like, other forms of male companionship, etc... Not procreating does NOT make one less of a woman and there are plenty of women out there who DO NOT WANT KIDS for a myriad of reasons.
 
- Marriage is NOT the ultimate goal for every single woman out there. I know some of you are hellbent on thinking that the ring makes the woman but NOT EVERY ONE AGREES WITH YOU. If it's right for you, great. But do not belittle those who do not choose to follow the same path as you. Some of us choose not to enter that type of ritualized, contractual agreement because it does not suit us, has never suited us or does not suit us anymore and are perfectly content with other types of relationship arrangements with the other sex (or same sex, if that is what floats your boat)
 
- "Manlessness" is not a disease or a deficiency, nor does it automatically bring about bitterness. That line of thinking always stems from sexism, as it is never levelled against bachelors. It pains me that this should have to be pointed out on a female forum. Maybe the age of the average poster might explain the need for this, I don't know.
 
- If you use that retort in order to belittle another poster that you have a disagreement with, it shows your lack of maturity and you may very well BE THE ACTUAL LOSER, as your belief system is such that you believe you are nothing without a man (or woman).
 
- In conclusion, think before you speak, as there are many forms of discrimination and this is definitely one.  young does not have to equal stupid.
 
The end.



Replies:
Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:41pm
Jolie, you and I have had pointless spats over small things in the past, most of which I forgot, but I love it when you speak sense and truth.

Major cosign.


-------------


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:41pm
thanks

-------------


PEACE


Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:42pm
let it out jolie :)

i agree btw


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:43pm
Was there a cause to this umm... sermon? Geek


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Was there a cause to this umm... sermon? Geek



Afro called Patti bitter after Patti said men change their minds so often.

Afro said it stemmed from something else Patti said.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Was there a cause to this umm... sermon? Geek


Yes.

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
good read


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:44pm
Oooh. Thanks Jones Thumbs Up


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:46pm
True, but bitterness exists though.

The whole negros ain't ish campaign and that tired black men forum.

Just plain bitterness

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Was there a cause to this umm... sermon? Geek



Afro called Patti bitter after Patti said men change their minds so often.

Afro said it stemmed from something else Patti said.


wow


-------------


PEACE


Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:48pm


-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Jolie, you and I have had pointless spats over small things in the past, most of which I forgot, but I love it when you speak sense and truth.

Major cosign.
 
Glad you understand my point of view. And I don't remember our spats, so they really must have been small things, lol. I like you as a poster


Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:49pm
i thought patti called herself bitter in another thread?

jr.


-------------


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

i thought patti called herself bitter in another thread?

jr.


Yeah that was brought up .

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Was there a cause to this umm... sermon? Geek



Afro called Patti bitter after Patti said men change their minds so often.

Afro said it stemmed from something else Patti said.
 
Yes, that was pretty much the post that set this thread off. But it's not the first time that this sexist and purposely demeaning "argument" is being used without any basis to it. Just pointing it out does not equal sermon


Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

i thought patti called herself bitter in another thread?

jr.


So what if she did?

What does that have to do with him calling her bitter in a completely different thread/topic?



-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

i thought patti called herself bitter in another thread?

jr.
 
I'm pretty sure that is not what she said. I may be wrong but I doubt she used that word. And Afro's retort was a cheap shot, not to mention that it had nothing to do with her post in the first place


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:53pm
JP droppin' truth bombs.Thumbs Up

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR



Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:53pm
so true...  And I will not have kids until I am stable financially, mentally, and emotionally. I do not want my kids to struggle with me... I want to give them the world. I have a godson and he is the cutest thing in the world but it breaks my heart to see my best friend struggle to take care of him.

I want to get married but I also realized that everyone is not meant to get married... Look at Oprah. 

and good thread!!!


-------------


Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:54pm

What about team bitter byches or whatever they call themselves?



Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:55pm
Lol if Afro wouldn't have said it, I wonder if a thread would have been made though.


-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:56pm



Originally posted by 313chick 313chick wrote:

so true...  And I will not have kids until I am stable financially, mentally, and emotionally. I do not want my kids to struggle with me... I want to give them the world. I have a godson and he is the cutest thing in the world but it breaks my heart to see my best friend struggle to take care of him.

I want to get married but I also realized that everyone is not meant to get married... Look at Oprah. 

and good thread!!!


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:56pm
very well said.Clap


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:59pm
Stern Smile

-------------


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lol if Afro wouldn't have said it, I wonder if a thread would have been made though.
 
Probably not. But as I have said in my initial post, I've also been on the receiving end of that type of comment. I usually shake it off because I know what I'm about. But seeing someone else being attacked in that manner made me realize that this needs to be addressed, because although I was annoyed that it was a man that actually said it, women on this board have had similar comments in the heat of discussion. I find it sad that women are reduced to their vagina's ability to produce a baby or the fact that she has a man in her life or not. We are much more than that.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:01pm
This thread should've been apologizing for the bipolar hijack of the elementary school shooting thread.


Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:



good read


Very.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by laceyfront laceyfront wrote:

What about team bitter byches or whatever they call themselves?



Aaaaaa, the bitter bitch association. LOL But that mini-movement was in response to that reasoning constantly being thrown around!


-------------


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

This thread should've been apologizing for the bipolar hijack of the elementary school shooting thread.
 
Please stick to the topic at hand. Thanks.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

This thread should've been apologizing for the bipolar hijack of the elementary school shooting thread.


http://25.media.tumblr.com/bc62d72ad5639575f6c4d14556224c2a/tumblr_mf1gaffLUN1rayu44o1_1280.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/580b667eae6567d96da9da096473304d/tumblr_mf1gaffLUN1rayu44o2_1280.png


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:05pm
Alias !!!
 
His eyes do look watery but this is about something else.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:



Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

This thread should've been apologizing for the bipolar hijack of the elementary school shooting thread.

 
Please stick to the topic at hand. Thanks.



The irony.


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


JP trying to make up for other posts
 
Not really. There aren't any other posts that I feel guilty about. And if I do, I usually apologize promptly. Which I do not feel there is a need for right now.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:05pm
Well this is awkward Confused

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

This thread should've been apologizing for the bipolar hijack of the elementary school shooting thread.
 
Please stick to the topic at hand. Thanks.


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Well this is awkward Confused

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

This thread should've been apologizing for the bipolar hijack of the elementary school shooting thread.
 
Please stick to the topic at hand. Thanks.
 
Nothing awkward about it. If Mrs Wonderland has something to get off her chest (although I believe she already has in the other thread), let her start a topic  on it. Otherwisde, please stick to the topic at hand and avoid unecessary diversion


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:07pm
Frustrating, ain't it?

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Alias !!!
 
His eyes do look watery but this is about something else.


Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:08pm
http://blog.vh1.com/files/2012/08/Sip_Ep7-1344892132.gif

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Frustrating, ain't it?

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Alias !!!
 
His eyes do look watery but this is about something else.
 
I would say "nonsensical" rather than frustrating, as President Obama's facial expression has nothing to do with women being routinely bashed or demeaned over them being single and childness. If there is some type of metaphysical connection that I'm missing, feel free to develop. But there isn't.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:10pm
I'm done. She can proceed with her thread Smile


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2012/08/Sip_Ep7-1344892132.gif
 
This is my gif ..LOL


Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:11pm

So you go out of your way to write a thesis over one comment that someone made, when you should be looking for psychiatrists in your area? I lost all respect for jp after coming to a thread about children and adults dying and starting crap over some crazy speculation.



-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.


Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

 
I would say "nonsensical" rather than frustrating, as President Obama's facial expression has nothing to do with women being routinely bashed or demeaned over them being single and childness. If there is some type of metaphysical connection that I'm missing, feel free to develop. But there isn't.


http://xa5.xanga.com/e37e22eb15237275899981/z219336904.gif#simon%20cowell%20%20gif

You don't see the irony in this?



-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva


Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:15pm
Oh goodness

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Wait.....So you go out of your way to write a thesis over one comment that someone made, when you should be looking for psychiatrists in your area? I lost all respect for jp after coming to a thread about children and adults dying and starting crap over some crazy speculation.

 
Your opinion about my mental state (yet another baseless assumption meant to demean comments that you do not agree with) is just that. Your opinion. If you don't like what I said in another thread, keep it to this other thread or start a new one. This is about prejudice and sexism being leveled at childless women who are not in a relationship at the present time. Why do you insist on diverting the issue when you could easily start another thread to air your grievances?


Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:16pm
I mostly lurk and all of this is just too much irony.






Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

 
I would say "nonsensical" rather than frustrating, as President Obama's facial expression has nothing to do with women being routinely bashed or demeaned over them being single and childness. If there is some type of metaphysical connection that I'm missing, feel free to develop. But there isn't.


http://xa5.xanga.com/e37e22eb15237275899981/z219336904.gif#simon%20cowell%20%20gif

You don't see the irony in this?

 
No I do not, because my comments IN THE OTHER THREAD were in direct relation with events happening IN SAID THREAD. I hardly see what President Obama has to do with THIS HERE THREAD unless he said something about childless, manless women being bitter hags, which I know he didn't. So please proceed with the subject at hand or abstain from irrelevent comments


Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by 313chick 313chick wrote:

so true...  And I will not have kids until I am stable financially, mentally, and emotionally. I do not want my kids to struggle with me... I want to give them the world. I have a godson and he is the cutest thing in the world but it breaks my heart to see my best friend struggle to take care of him.



Big ol' co-sign.


-------------



You haven't arrived until your twitter is verified.


Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:21pm


I notice there are a number of bottled insults to demean women on here


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:21pm
Can I get the lank for the comment AK made ? Or name of the thread?


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Can I get the lank for the comment AK made ? Or name of the thread?
 
I can't quite remember what the thread was called but it was about the perceived attractiveness or unattractiveness of tatooes on women (started by Midwest, I think). Patti came in and made a benign observation that was met with quite a bit of unecessary rancor


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:



I notice there are a number of bottled insults to demean women on here
 
Feel free to elaborate


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:26pm
lol

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

lol
 
Would you like to share in your amusement so we can all have a good laugh too? If I'm not mistaken, I believe that you did state in one of your posts that an unmarried woman is a failure. That is your opinion and you have the right to it. This thread is merely attempting to dispel that line of thinking.


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Can I get the lank for the comment AK made ? Or name of the thread?
 
I can't quite remember what the thread was called but it was about the perceived attractiveness or unattractiveness of tatooes on women (started by Midwest, I think). Patti came in and made a benign observation that was met with quite a bit of unecessary rancor
 
Yes, I remember that thread.


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

lol
 
Would you like to share in your amusement so we can all have a good laugh too? If I'm not mistaken, I believe that you did state in one of your posts that an unmarried woman is a failure. That is your opinion and you have the right to it. This thread is merely attempting to dispel that line of thinking.



no. and you're mistaken so no. and i know.


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:34pm
So wait, your thread is about what some font called another font in these e-streets although she called herself that in another thread . These two will never meet, and his opinion doesn't matter because her life will continue... Are you saying you're offended because you're 35, childless, and not married or because Afro said it to another woman? I'm confused... I hope that all BHM women do have children that they can provide for, married, and mentally stable IF that's what they choose...

-------------


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:34pm
One comment from Afro resulted in this thread?

lol





-------------
yo


Posted By: apple_sauce
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:37pm
Stern Smile

-------------
"Get your facts first. Then you can distort them as you please." ~ Mark Twain
*This is not legal advice*


Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:37pm
*exits thread because this is turning ugly at the speed of lightening*

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!



Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:38pm
I still think the Op was a good read.
 
 


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:38pm
lol. ya'll are trip.Dead 

Maybe ya'll think the messenger is sketchy. the that doesn't mean the message isn't spot on in general. Im a part of the women's studies honor society, we talked a little about this stuff last meeting.


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:38pm
The OP is bitter though.



-------------


Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:40pm
I just think this thread is unnecessary and your concern could have been brought up in that said thread where it would be most likely be seen.

Making a thread like this makes it look like you have a chip on your shoulder and you've been pondering on it for a while. It's just the internet. Chill.

All of this for 1 person. You are giving him way too much attention. I would have said the same for someone who started a new thread about whatever you said in the school shooting thread.


Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:44pm
No, I really don't get it.. Is OP Kenya Moore? we crack slick about everyone: women with tattoos, piercings, colored hair, cheap weave, single mamas, baby mamas, divorced, domestic violence victims, molesters, molested, students, and so on.. I just thought no one was exempt from criticism from anyone because hey it's the internet..

-------------


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:44pm
The body of her message is something BHM generally agrees on though .
It's not unearthing an unknown truth but it was a great message.

Plus with any message ppl look at the messenger and why it came about.
And side bar commentary is par for the course.



-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

So wait, your thread is about what some font called another font in these e-streets although she called herself that in another thread . These two will never meet, and his opinion doesn't matter because her life will continue... Are you saying you're offended because you're 35, childless, and not married or because Afro said it to another woman? I'm confused... I hope that all BHM women do have children that they can provide for, married, and mentally stable IF that's what they choose...
 
I'm not sure I understand your post. What does the fact that they will never meet have to do with pointing out sexist reasoning on a message board? Should we not post about anyone's perceived racist comment in the media because we are not likely to meet said tv presentator in person? And could you please point out the thread where the posted described herself as a bitter old woman who made nothing but bad choices in men? I'd like to see it. In response to your question, I am offended by the assumption that a childless unmarried woman over 35 is bitter or has somehow mishandled her entire life. And as far as your last sentence goes, "IF that's what they choose" is the most important part of it.


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:45pm
lmao

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:


I just think this thread is unnecessary and your concern could have been brought up in that said thread where it would be most likely be seen.

Making a thread like this makes it look like you have a chip on your shoulder and you've been pondering on it for a while. It's just the internet. Chill.

All of this for 1 person. You are giving him way too much attention. I would have said the same for someone who started a new thread about whatever you said in the school shooting thread.





Yep, said thread is still getting posts.

Preaching to the choir is unnecessary in a separate thread. Someone just wanted a grand comeback.


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

The OP is bitter though.

 
That is your assessment of my situation, hence your baseless opinion, as you do not know me. I do not see myself as a bitter person and my opinion about me is the one that matters.


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:47pm
JP reminds me of Kola


Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:49pm
So you have an issue with the media?, I'm so lost that I have more questions than answers, this is a message board where people are entitled to their opinions even at the expense of hurting others.. If it don't apply, let it fly...

ETA: I like JP.' Posts, I just wonder where this is coming from.. Did not read Afro or Patti's spat (where is it)

-------------


Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:49pm
[QUOTE=Miss SDY]*exits thread because this is turning ugly at the speed of lightening*[/QUOTE


Yeah right. See you on page 100LOL

Seriously though, leave Jolie alone. She is entitled to think that Obama was fake crying (I love you Obamaaaaaaaaaaa, mwah). The one reason that it went on and on in the other thread is because people kept going back and forth with her and she appears to be a stubborn lass. (a bit like all of usLOL)

This topic is really good actually - society expectation and all that. It should be discussed. 


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:50pm
i haven't even finished the op, let alone the thread, but the poster in question was being an ASS who obviously had some pent up sh*t HE needed to the fcck out

-------------


Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:50pm
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/135159/martin-o.gif

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva


Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I still think the Op was a good read.
 
 


-------------


Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:51pm
Interesting...


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

[QUOTE=kkscottdale]
I just think this thread is unnecessary and your concern could have been brought up in that said thread where it would be most likely be seen.

Making a thread like this makes it look like you have a chip on your shoulder and you've been pondering on it for a while. It's just the internet. Chill.

All of this for 1 person. You are giving him way too much attention. I would have said the same for someone who started a new thread about whatever you said in the school shooting thread.





Not understanding the logic behind this post either. I did not intervene at all in said thread. Why would I jump in at the last minute to address a sexist comment made by one poster towards another poster when I had nothing of relevance to add about tatooes, which by the way, were the subject of this thread.
 
Secondly, how is pondering on an issue equivalent to having a chip on one's shoulder? Should we all abstain ourselves from thinking and/or reflecting for fear of being labelled as having a "chip on one's shoulder" or is reflexion what differentiates humans from animals?
 
As for this one person, I'm not giving him attention. I built on his comment to address an issue that I feel is all too pervasive on BHM. If I wished to "give him attention", I would have confronted it directly. This post of yours is a logical fail.


Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:


Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

*exits thread because this is turning ugly at the speed of lightening*


Yeah right. See you on page 100LOL

Seriously though, leave Jolie alone. She is entitled to think that Obama was fake crying (I love you Obamaaaaaaaaaaa, mwah). The one reason that it went on and on in the other thread is because people kept going back and forth with her and she appears to be a stubborn lass. (a bit like all of usLOL)

This topic is really good actually - society expectation and all that. It should be discussed. 



You know it!!!



-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!



Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:


I just think this thread is unnecessary and your concern could have been brought up in that said thread where it would be most likely be seen.

Making a thread like this makes it look like you have a chip on your shoulder and you've been pondering on it for a while. It's just the internet. Chill.

All of this for 1 person. You are giving him way too much attention. I would have said the same for someone who started a new thread about whatever you said in the school shooting thread.





Yep, said thread is still getting posts.

Preaching to the choir is unnecessary in a separate thread. Someone just wanted a grand comeback.

well not really. I haven't read it nor am I about to. 


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:54pm
bipolar is an illness, not a change of discussion or mind.



ok, that's all i got


-------------


Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:



I still think the Op was a good read.
 
 


And this!

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!



Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i haven't even finished the op, let alone the thread, but the poster in question was being an ASS who obviously had some pent up sh*t HE needed to the fcck out

which is strange

since he has none of those things either





Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

So you have an issue with the media?, I'm so lost that I have more questions than answers, this is a message board where people are entitled to their opinions even at the expense of hurting others.. If it don't apply, let it fly...

ETA: I like JP.' Posts, I just wonder where this is coming from.. Did not read Afro or Patti's spat (where is it)
 
I have an issue with people constantly referring to unmarried/unbooed childless women as old and bitter. Just like most of us have an issue when something racist is being said on here or something demeaning against black women. How is this not a topic worth discussing? There is a difference between an opinion/stance/point of view and a baseless insult, especially when it plays to sexual stereotypes on a women's board


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I still think the Op was a good read.
 
 



it just came from the wrong person. but thats bhm


-------------


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:57pm
To the OP though, while I agree that a woman is not a failure if she doesn't get married or rear children , I will say that family and procreation should be encouraged.
I don't know a culture anywhere in the world that does not encourage those things.
And too much of the contrary ( childlessness and being single) I don't see how it's a good thing for any society.

But I understand your point

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

bipolar is an illness, not a change of discussion or mind.



ok, that's all i got
 
That was incredibly weak, especially if that's all you got. You might want to polish off on your debating skills. What has bipolarity have to do with this topic? And do you have my psych evaluation in your posession in order to be able to make such a diagnosis? Are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist and do you have a methodology. I'll hazard a guess and say no...


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i haven't even finished the op, let alone the thread, but the poster in question was being an ASS who obviously had some pent up sh*t HE needed to the fcck out

which is strange

since he has none of those things either



he doesn't have an ass? 

or wife?
LOL


-------------


Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


you can be old and bitter and married with children
 
I know a couple of women in those situations.
 
 


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

bipolar is an illness, not a change of discussion or mind.



ok, that's all i got
 
That was incredibly weak, especially if that's all you got. You might want to polish off on your debating skills. What has bipolarity have to do with this topic? And do you have my psych evaluation in your posession in order to be able to make such a diagnosis? Are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist and do you have a methodology. I'll hazard a guess and say no...

Something is seriously wrong with you.


-------------


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:


 
FACT: Just because a woman is past 35, single and childless DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY EQUATE BITTERNESS and BAD CHOICES.
 lol people are knocking people for this ? this is life ?


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

bipolar is an illness, not a change of discussion or mind.



ok, that's all i got
 
That was incredibly weak, especially if that's all you got. You might want to polish off on your debating skills. What has bipolarity have to do with this topic? And do you have my psych evaluation in your posession in order to be able to make such a diagnosis? Are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist and do you have a methodology. I'll hazard a guess and say no...

you ass, i was talking to the person who called you bipolar for changing the subject of another thread


-------------


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

To the OP though, while I agree that a woman is not a failure if she doesn't get married or rear children , I will say that family and procreation should be encouraged,
I don't know a culture anywhere in the world that does not encourage those things.
And too much of the contrary ( childlessness and being single) I don't see how it's a good thing for any society.

But I understand your point
 
I never said it didn't need to be encouraged (although in overpopulated society, it is actually discouraged for practical reasons. Therefore it's all about context). What I'm saying is that childlessness and singledom should not be bashed or shunned either. It is a woman's individual choice, just as it is a woman's right to do what she wants with her own body and manifest destiny as she sees it. To berate a woman for not having these things is reducing her to being an uterus and a magnet for the opposite sex, which is incredibly reductive because a human being cannot be summed up by these 2 characteristics


Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:03pm
My gawd, this thread is going to hell. Ouch


Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:


Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

bipolar is an illness, not a change of discussion or mind.



ok, that's all i got

 
That was incredibly weak, especially if that's all you got. You might want to polish off on your debating skills. What has bipolarity have to do with this topic? And do you have my psych evaluation in your posession in order to be able to make such a diagnosis? Are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist and do you have a methodology. I'll hazard a guess and say no...


-------------
Be humble or get him humbled

Ignore typos...autocorrect won't let me be great


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:04pm
We are not overpopulated why ppl keep saying that?
We are over congested in specific areas.


There is a difference

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

bipolar is an illness, not a change of discussion or mind.



ok, that's all i got
 
That was incredibly weak, especially if that's all you got. You might want to polish off on your debating skills. What has bipolarity have to do with this topic? And do you have my psych evaluation in your posession in order to be able to make such a diagnosis? Are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist and do you have a methodology. I'll hazard a guess and say no...

you ass, i was talking to the person who called you bipolar for changing the subject of another thread
 
Then I replied too hastily. I apologize for the misunderstanding. Trying to keep up.


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:04pm
the thing is there are many women on BHM who are thirty five and not married and single and they are not labeled as bitter or old......some are very well beloved. you are labeled as bitter based on your posting style. not your age. your womb. or marital status.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


you can be old and bitter and married with children

right. if you're bitter, it is what it is sometimes.
whether or not you're married with children, or have grandchildren on the way. 

saying old and bitter has nothing to do with being married or having children.
it has something to do with what you as an individual living in a society where these things are encouraged, and how you react to them. and sometimes that spreads to every outlook of your life. has nothing to do with children, or being married. 


-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

bipolar is an illness, not a change of discussion or mind.



ok, that's all i got
 
That was incredibly weak, especially if that's all you got. You might want to polish off on your debating skills. What has bipolarity have to do with this topic? And do you have my psych evaluation in your posession in order to be able to make such a diagnosis? Are you a trained psychologist or psychiatrist and do you have a methodology. I'll hazard a guess and say no...

Something is seriously wrong with you.
 
I'll be honest. Coming from you, I almost take it as a compliment.



Print Page | Close Window