Print Page | Close Window

Whos doing/done Weight Watchers?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352280
Printed Date: Aug 19 2018 at 1:50pm

Topic: Whos doing/done Weight Watchers?
Posted By: Tbaby
Subject: Whos doing/done Weight Watchers?
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:53pm
Did you like it or hated it?  Did you reach your weight goals? 

And most importantly--did you keep the weight off? 

What should I look for at a group meeting--red flags and such?

Are you going to meetings at all, or just the online tools?

I just signed up for a meeting on friday!  Time to stop thinking about losing weight and start losing weight!!

Those who are doing it LMKS! 

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Replies:
Posted By: aurora_sky
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:59pm
Funny, that you ask I just signed up for the online thing today. We will see how it goes. I'm committing to 3 months. I have a hard time keep with something but we will see...

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:59pm
everyone i know who's done this has put the weight back on.
I think ur better off looking for free info/ideas online for weight loss.
save your $$$ girl

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:01pm
I know of people that have lost lots of weight but then ended up putting it back on. 

Posted By: aurora_sky
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:04pm
You definitely need to be in the mindset of a lifestyle change and not think of it as a diet

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:05pm
my ls did it...she lost weight...she didnt put it all back on

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by aurora_sky aurora_sky wrote:

You definitely need to be in the mindset of a lifestyle change and not think of it as a diet

very true

I do want to change my life style--eat healthier and be healthier

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:11pm
sparkpeople.com...it's free

the nutrition tracker shows you how much you're actually consuming and they offer diet options

i've been using the site for about 2 years

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:13pm
putting it back on isnt about the plan, but the individual

ask yourself, can i do this for life?

ive done the frozen meals. got nowhere, but im carb sensitive

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

the nutrition tracker shows you how much you're actually consuming and they offer diet options

it's really all it is.
ive been cutting back on calories bc im not working out bc i dont wanna mess up my hairEmbarrassed
i lost 3 pounds last week
i am often very hungryLOL

-------------

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:21pm
me no likey spark people.  it spammed the crap out of me...Ermm

i like the looseit app for tracking calories consumed and burned...

so with ww, do you have to purchase special foods?  what are you paying for exactly?

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

so with ww, do you have to purchase special foods?  what are you paying for exactly?

i believe, recipes, individualized point guides, and support

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:26pm

try caloriecounter.com

it's basic but i like it

-------------

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:28pm
ok...thanks!

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i believe, recipes, individualized point guides, and support

See that's what I want--an actual person/persons to help me out.  Online website alone just doesn't cut it for me.

And since I like to cook, I plan to use the recipes.  I have bought the frozen dinners because they are convenient, but doesn't beat cooking it yourself.

-------------

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:23pm
I did it and lost a lot of weight, I was able to keep it off for almost 4 years but I gained it back because of my own laziness. I never went to a meeting, I did everything online because I was in college. WW works but I wouldn't spend money on it, I did the 14 day trial and wrote down all the points for foods I ate and tracked my progress that way. I got the cookbooks and that helped me too. 

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:33pm
I did it online twice. I literally didn't lose any weight. It was a waste of money for me.
I use myfitnesspal now and I've lost like 13 pounds since I've been using it.
It doesn't give points, but it does give the amount of carbs/fat/protein you should eat according to your calorie goal and also helps you set an exercise goal.

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Beautiful_One
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:55pm
Ive gotten used to eating food with less carbs on the regular. I enjoy baked salmon,yellow tail or Tuna with string beans or brocolli. I season my foods without a lot of salt. I use fresh seasoning instead.
             I think of food as a need. Not something to gorge on. I also keep my portions small so that I am satisfied not overly full. Its a way of life that works for me.Smile 

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:10pm
I,ve done it twice and it works if you follow the instructions to a T. However I gained the weight back because once you reach your target, you have to keep counting those points FOREVER, which is highly impractical. And I think they only allow something like 5 or 6 points more than when you're on the diet. It's very constricting. The meetings help to motivate but I no longer have time for that. The online version is for people who have are steely in their resolve. Right now I'm doing green smoothies and regular exercise. It's best to view weight loss as a lifestyle change

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:30pm
I tried once and gave up bc like Southern, I'm carb sensitive. So I've been sticking to exercise and lowering my carbs.. Works good when I stick to it.. Just got back on track after a few days of junk..

I also like myfitnesspal as well.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: Chantal34
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by aurora_sky aurora_sky wrote:

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:15am
I did it and failed. But I had to lose over 100 lbs so something like weight watchers was not for me. If you try it, good luck. It is easy to do and if you do it correctly you'll lose the weight. The problem is most gain it back after a few months.
Sparkpeople is great and you might want to check out http://www.myfitnesspal.com/" rel="nofollow - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:16am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

this. I've only been using it for 3 weeks but it's been probably the easiest "diet" Ive ever done. After I started using it, I have only gone over my calorie limit 2 times. It's night a diet though, it just makes sure you eat the amount you are supposed to and exercise the amount you are supposed to. 

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:23am
Im thinking about going from sparkpeople to mfp only because I hear way more good reviews and good results from that.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Did you like it or hated it?  Did you reach your weight goals?  Hated being hungry but have a competitive nature so it was very rewarding every time I made it through another day.  Yes, I reached my goals.  

And most importantly--did you keep the weight off?  Nope.

What should I look for at a group meeting--red flags and such?  I only went to one.  I felt like those people thought about food way too much.  It was kind of creepy for me.

Are you going to meetings at all, or just the online tools?  Online.

I just signed up for a meeting on friday!  Time to stop thinking about losing weight and start losing weight!!

Those who are doing it LMKS! 

There are some valuable things I took away from it but I won't do it again.

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.

Posted By: Xamaycana
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:08am
I agree with trying Myfitnesspal.  It's a great site and there are quite a few BHM women over there who have had amazing losses.  You can use the app or the website.  The app is super handy because you can check the calories of things while eating out.

I've been slipping the past few weeks and there are members who have sent me messages to get me back on track.

Best of all-it's free!

Let me know if you join and I'll buddy with you.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 8:23am
Oh and if you do go to MFP and start working out it might be handy to get a heart monitor. You don't have to get one of those for $200 just any ol one that can count burned calories would work. Not all exercises are in the datebase so you'll have to manually enter some stuff.

Good luck with whatever you chose to do OP. I know losing weight isn't easy.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Xamaycana Xamaycana wrote:

I agree with trying Myfitnesspal.  It's a great site and there are quite a few BHM women over there who have had amazing losses.  You can use the app or the website.  The app is super handy because you can check the calories of things while eating out.

I've been slipping the past few weeks and there are members who have sent me messages to get me back on track.

Best of all-it's free!

Let me know if you join and I'll buddy with you.

I'll check it out.  I did sign up yesterday for a mtg on fri however...

Thank you and everyone for all the great suggestions and best wishes.Smile

-------------

Print Page | Close Window