Print Page | Close Window

Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Growth
Forum Description: Hair Growth issues, solutions, and discussions.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352263
Printed Date: Sep 23 2018 at 3:03pm

Topic: Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge
Posted By: Veemack
Subject: Increase your hair growth with Vitamins Challenge
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:21am
Hair vitamin challenge-6 months

Have you tried hair growth vitamins in the past?
Did you try them and not see any results?
Did you spend your money on vitamins only to not use them consistently?

Are you ready to be consistent and get results?
If so this challenge is for you!

Hair growth vitamins do work, when you find the right one and take them correctly.

Hair Supplements that I recommend:
Mineral Rich liquid vitamin: Why? Because it is a good quality liquid vitamin that absorbs well into your body.

OneSource/Hair, Skin & Nails Multi: This vitamin contains 19 nutrients and this combination of vitamins works well with my body.

I have never taken Hair Infinity but I have read and know people who have received great results from this vitamin. So for this reason it is worth a try.

Getting your vitamins to work for you:
If you are taking biotin for hair growth, do not just take biotin by itself, biotin is in the B vitamin family, take biotin with a multi-vitamin. This will make your biotin more effective.

MSM should also be taken with a multi vitamin or take a vitamin with MSM included in it.

Always, always take your vitamins with food. Our bodies want food and lives off of food, so we try and trick the body into believing the nutrients come from food. Remember some vitamins are oil soluble and some are water soluble, so it is best to take them with a balance meal.

Take your vitamins at the same time daily.

Take the recommended dosages unless your doctor states otherwise. And do not take more than the bottle recommends. If you take prescription medications consult your doctor. Certain medications cancel out your vitamins. If you take antacids, medication for depression, certain contraceptives take them 12 hours apart from your vitamins.

You must also find the right supplement for your body, this depends on the vitamins that our individual body is lacking and our age. This can be expensive and trial and error. It took me awhile to find the right vitamin for me, but I did.

You primary care doctor can check you for vitamin B deficiencies and low iron. They usually are on the lookout for low iron cause this is anemia. Anemia leads to hair loss in many cases.

What to expect from this challenge!

No sign up list because posts cannot be edited after 24 hours, there is no point.

Just join in and share what vitamins you are using, I strongly recommend one of the ones listed.

Share your results good or bad. Others can always learn from you.

Getting your questions answered and responded to when you ask them.

Good quality information

Results not just debates.
Consistent posts and comments.
No ugly arguing, at least not on my part.
Your ideals welcomed

If you choose to do before and after pictures:
Try to be accurate with your measurements.

Post before and after results at: 8 weeks, 3 months and 6 months

Before and after can include length increase or thickness increase both are great!

No pressure to post before and after pics, but people do like them.

If you are measuring yourself choose an area in front of your head that is easy to measure. For example: you bang is a good area to monitor your hair growth, it is easy to measure. Just a suggestion do what is easiest for you.

HAPPY GROWING!Smile

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Replies:
Posted By: Cherry89
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 1:19am
.... Hmm I might join.. how about Hairomega 3 n 1 and Caribbean Hair Grow, I heard those was good..

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:00am
I cannot recommend either of those.
I am familiar with them, but not enough have told me that they see results with them.
A client of mines took the Caribbean one she didn't see any results, so switched to the OneSource Hair skin and nail vitamin. This one is also less expensive but seems to absorb well so far.

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Posted By: RedSoxtober
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:08am

Does it matter which Mineral Rich is being taken? There's regular and one with Aloe.  

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:15am
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Does it matter which Mineral Rich is being taken? There's regular and one with Aloe.  

I take the one without the aloe. The main difference I feel would be the taste the regular one taste more like grape fruity drink and the aloe has more of a citrus taste. Aloe is good for our over all immune system as long as your system agrees with it. My body does not respond well to Aloe Vera. Especially tropically using it, so I decided that my internal body does not like it either. I do not think Aloe has any bearings on hair growth when taken internally, but of course anything good for the immune system is also good for hair growth.
So I would say use the one with Aloe if your system has no problems with Aloe. But they both are effective as an overall vitamin supplement and for hair growth. The aloe will give your immune system that extra boost.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 2:40am
Okay, I have not seen many reviews on the Mineral rich Liquid, do you have a good source I can look it up on? Thanks

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:23am
Originally posted by Cherry89 Cherry89 wrote:

Okay, I have not seen many reviews on the Mineral rich Liquid, do you have a good source I can look it up on? Thanks
There's a few reviews on Amazon of people getting sick less, more energy and some getting faster hair growth. Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Living-MineralRich-Plus-Aloe/product-reviews/B00068OTE4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Living-MineralRich-Plus-Aloe/product-reviews/B00068OTE4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I'm currently reading this thread on LHCF regarding a woman who claimed to get 3" (I'm skeptical) of growth in a month on You Tube  http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=647979" rel="nofollow - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=647979  

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

I take the one without the aloe. The main difference I feel would be the taste the regular one taste more like grape fruity drink and the aloe has more of a citrus taste. Aloe is good for our over all immune system as long as your system agrees with it. My body does not respond well to Aloe Vera. Especially tropically using it, so I decided that my internal body does not like it either. I do not think Aloe has any bearings on hair growth when taken internally, but of course anything good for the immune system is also good for hair growth.
So I would say use the one with Aloe if your system has no problems with Aloe. But they both are effective as an overall vitamin supplement and for hair growth. The aloe will give your immune system that extra boost.

My skin doesn't react well with aloe either and I'm sure ingesting it would probably be worse.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:39pm

My skin doesn't react well with aloe either and I'm sure ingesting it would probably be worse.
You to, I rarely hear people say this, so I thought I was a part of a small minority. I have an aloe vera plant which I keep for medicine. It only works for me if I get a burn. Once while blowing out a candle a spark few on my eye lid and it hurt like crazy! I quickly broke a piece of aloe leaf and applied it to my eye lid and the next day it was like it never happened, no pain,no scar. My skin has a tendency to scar easy. So this is the only thing I use aloe vera for.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:44pm

You can try youtube, I will post some, but the videos are just people like me who have tried the Mineral rich and testify that it worked for them....I am offering my own testimony from using these products. I list the two vitamins I recommend they both work just as good as the other. The price for the One Source vitamin is cheaper and you can pick it up at the store. Mineral rich must be ordered over the internet and you may find it at GNC stores or the Vitamin Shoppe.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:52pm
What to expect when you start taking a vitamin supplement:
(Concerning hair growth)

Do not look for hair growth right away like within 4 weeks.

In order to get the hair growing benefits from a supplement you must take it consistently for 3 months or more. This is usually the problem with most people is they expect microwave instant results.

Your body uses nutrients for the more important organs and body functions, the hair is amongst the last to get the benefits from nutrients. So give it time.

If you have never taken vitamins before you may feel a little nausea from the supplement, this is common but if it continues past 3 days or leads to stomach cramping then stop taking the supplement.

Whichever supplement you choose to take, you will need to invest in a 3 months supply of the supplement in order to see good results. 6 months yields better results.

I did see a difference after taking the One source vitamin for 5 weeks.
But what I am saying is to not look for noticeable results concerning hair growth until after 3 months of using the product correctly.

The key word is correctly and consistently.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 1:10pm
This it the One Source vitamin I speak of, it is cheap on the internet but you should consider postage. You are better off purchasing from Walmart, I think it cost me $11.00 for a 30 day supply. So this equals $33 for a three months supply. This is a good deal! You can also order on amazon I read 5 reviews and only one review was bad.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:40pm
OKay cool.. I guess  I will get the one source first and then the mineral Rich when I get paid.. Im excited about this challenge! 3 inches in 1 month sounds a little over the top though.. lol

Posted By: sweetkatia
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 5:08pm
The Challenge start today or...

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:50pm

OKay cool.. I guess  I will get the one source first and then the mineral Rich when I get paid.. Im excited about this challenge! 3 inches in 1 month sounds a little over the top though.. lol
No I am not claiming 3 inches in one month, who made that claim? They probably didn't measure right. Personally I do not want a product which would produce that much extra growth in a months time. That is scary and sounds artificial. Like if you stop taking the product those 3 inches will fall back out, lol. That is just my thinking.... I overlook those outrageous claims when I come across them.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by sweetkatia sweetkatia wrote:

The Challenge start today or...
Yes, start as soon as you get your supplement choice. Be sure to measure you hair from the date you start. You can post a before and after picture in 8 weeks or not. Pictures are not required but people like to see them. Just try to be accurate with your measurements. And weekly post your comments concerning your supplement choice. Let us know how you like it or not. And did you take it correctly and consistently. Stuff like that, good or bad.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:12pm
I didn't say you made the claimLOLLOL, I was referring to Redsoxtober post about the lady who claimed 3 inches in 1 monthEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:16pm

There's a few reviews on Amazon of people getting sick less, more energy and some getting faster hair growth. Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Living-MineralRich-Plus-Aloe/product-reviews/B00068OTE4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1" rel="nofollow - http://www.amazon.com/Maximum-Living-MineralRich-Plus-Aloe/product-reviews/B00068OTE4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I'm currently reading this thread on LHCF regarding a woman who claimed to get 3" (I'm skeptical) of growth in a month on You Tube  http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=647979" rel="nofollow - http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=647979  

Okay, imma check these out. ThanksBig smile

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:25pm

I didn't say you made the claimLOLLOL, I was referring to Redsoxtober post about the lady who claimed 3 inches in 1 monthEmbarrassed

Yeah it was a post I made regarding Honesty Love on You Tube whom claimed about 2 or 3" of growth in a month...which I don't believe since many people don't measure their properly. Sorry if anyone got confused Embarrassed.

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:43pm

No I am not claiming 3 inches in one month, who made that claim? They probably didn't measure right. Personally I do not want a product which would produce that much extra growth in a months time. That is scary and sounds artificial. Like if you stop taking the product those 3 inches will fall back out, lol. That is just my thinking.... I overlook those outrageous claims when I come across them.

Sorry about that, it was a post I made regarding someone else making those claims. There were a couple of folks on You Tube that claimed 2-3" of growth in a month from using Mineral Rich. From the looks of things, they didn't measure properly.Embarrassed 

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:25pm

Right, I just wondered who made the claim. I have seen Honestyloves video on youtube, I didn't even remember she said that part. She is a really sweet lady. Its really no big thing, maybe she did get that, idk. Like I said that would scare me, no bionic growth for me.

If you ladies decide to participate, just remember to be consistent. Do not waste your money and not take the vitamins correctly. Get the best results for your money.Blessings!!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 8:44pm

How I take my supplements. I try to eat breakfast by 9:00 a.m. so 5 minutes after I finish eating I take one capsule of One Source Hair & Skin and Nails Multi and then I take 1 tablespoon of Mineral Rich.   I eat lunch late usually around 3:30p.m. so after lunch I take another tablespoon of Mineral Rich. I drink 12 ounces of water each time I take my vitamins.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 6:17pm

Definitely interested in trying this challange for the next 6 months. I'm going to check my local health shops for Mineral Rich. I know Whole Foods has it but, some of their stuff is ovepriced compared to the small buinesses around here.

Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 8:48pm

Definitely interested in trying this challange for the next 6 months. I'm going to check my local health shops for Mineral Rich. I know Whole Foods has it but, some of their stuff is ovepriced compared to the small buinesses around here.

Oh they do, that is good to know. I just had a meeting a Whole Foods last week. I didn't know they carried it, I ordered mines online. Now I can save on postage.SmileThanks!

-------------

Posted By: IceQueenSW
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 12:15pm
I'm down for this challenge!
I saw some growth when I was using this hair vitamin made at my local store but then I got lazy and kept forgetting. I'll order Hair Infinity and give that a go since there's a lot of talk about it.

Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 1:49pm
Welcome to the challenge! Feel free to post your results, comments and questions here often.

This is the biggest issue people have when doing a hair growth regimen is not being consistent. Hair vitamins work if you take them consistently, this I know for sure.

3 key points to get results from your hair vitamins:
Take them daily
Take them correctly: with food and water
Use a good quality vitamin.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:15pm
Okay im gonna get the  Spring Valley Hair, Skin & Nails Collagen Support sold at walmart. I have used it in the past and it worked really well, I just wasn't consistent, esp when you have to take it once, three times a day. It also got 4.5  star rating on walmart site..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Hair-Skin-Nails-Collagen-Support-120-Caplets/11997238" rel="nofollow - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Hair-Skin-Nails-Collagen-Support-120-Caplets/11997238

Posted By: dOLLish.
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:37pm
I'm interested in this challenge. Smile
I'm currently using Hairfinity. I started using it in October, I believe. I'm on my third bottle.

So far I don't have any complaints. However, I can't say that I've seen drastic hair growth either. I'm currently rocking a short bob, which may be why I haven't seen any noticable change. Or, I could be checking for growth too frequently. Tongue

I have noticed that my hair grows back in other places much faster than it did before.

Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 3:50pm

Oh they do, that is good to know. I just had a meeting a Whole Foods last week. I didn't know they carried it, I ordered mines online. Now I can save on postage.SmileThanks!
I wound up buying two 150 tablet bottles (300 tablets total will last me from now until October 2013) of Nature's Bounty Vitamin B Complex to accompany the 1,000mcg of biotin that I have been taking.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:05am

Okay im gonna get the  Spring Valley Hair, Skin & Nails Collagen Support sold at walmart. I have used it in the past and it worked really well, I just wasn't consistent, esp when you have to take it once, three times a day. It also got 4.5  star rating on walmart site..

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Hair-Skin-Nails-Collagen-Support-120-Caplets/11997238" rel="nofollow - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Valley-Hair-Skin-Nails-Collagen-Support-120-Caplets/11997238
Now this is what gets me, this is my biggest challenge having to take the supplement more than once per day. I like to take vitamins just once a day, in the morning, but most of the one a day vitamins are HUGE. So I am stuck having to remember to take something twice a day. My challenge is to get all my doses in within each day, sometimes I do not succeed. But I have gotten better.

-------------

Posted By: relaxedtresses
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:40am
Is it too late to join this challenge? I ordered the liquid gold vitamins but I may take GNC Ultra nourish. Has anyone ever taken those?

-------------
TO WEAVE OR NOT TO WEAVE...THAT IS ALWAYS THE QUESTION

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:47am
Originally posted by relaxedtresses relaxedtresses wrote:

Is it too late to join this challenge? I ordered the liquid gold vitamins but I may take GNC Ultra nourish. Has anyone ever taken those?
No it is not to late, please join us. Yes I did take the beauty vites by liquid gold, I did not repurchase after the first bottle. I just didn't feel it was a good vitamin, but I hear they are redeveloping their vitamin. So we shall see.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few results you should feel when you take a multi hair vitamin.
Increases energy
change in bowel movement (if u are drinking enough water it should be smooth, not hard or runny)
Better nail growth within 2 weeks time.

If you are not getting any of these results from your vitamins, then the supplement you are taking MAY not be working for you due to poor quality, expired vitamins or just the wrong mix for your body. This is only if you are taking them correctly.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:55am
Veemack have you taken or heard about GNC ultranourish?

-------------

Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 11:45am

One month of having a sewin. And first using hairfinity

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:27pm

No I have not taken the GNC one, but I have read dozens of comments on various forums speaking very highly of this vitamin.

PREna, yes I have seen you post this before. Good job they work for you. Love it!  Take notice those who may be on the fence concerning HF you might get similar results, u never know.

-------------

Posted By: flwonline
Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:43pm
I'd love to join this one! I need to somehow keep up on my vits. I used to be fanatical about taking them and now....not so much. When I did, my hair grew like weeds! So, count me in.

I'll be taking: 

Liquid Geritol with Iron
MSM
Biotin
Nioxin

Thanks for this challenge. It will be a big help to keeping me motivated this year.

-------------
Goals: APL by 7/14 ~ Full BSL by 10/14
Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/ChristysHair
HipValley Blog: http://hipvalley.blogspot.com

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 12:50pm

No I have not taken the GNC one, but I have read dozens of comments on various forums speaking very highly of this vitamin.

PREna, yes I have seen you post this before. Good job they work for you. Love it!  Take notice those who may be on the fence concerning HF you might get similar results, u never know.

Uhmm post that picture before ? Because I just started hairfinity a month ago and I just took my weave out yesterday. Lol which is also when I took that pic

I'm out of town with no blowdryer. So I'm waiting to make a thread about it

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

Uhmm post that picture before ? Because I just started hairfinity a month ago and I just took my weave out yesterday. Lol which is also when I took that pic

I'm out of town with no blowdryer. So I'm waiting to make a thread about it
It was someone else then. Good job anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by flwonline flwonline wrote:

I'd love to join this one! I need to somehow keep up on my vits. I used to be fanatical about taking them and now....not so much. When I did, my hair grew like weeds! So, count me in.

I'll be taking: 

Liquid Geritol with Iron
MSM
Biotin
Nioxin

Thanks for this challenge. It will be a big help to keeping me motivated this year.

Welcome to the challenge! Good to have you dear!.....I told myself I am not wasting anymore money on vitamins for them to sit in my closet and expire. I use various supplements for different things, so I spend lots of money on vitamins each year. I get so mad when I have to throw away an expired bottle. I was also good for buying vitamins then getting home and finding I already had a bottle of the same vitamin in the back of my cabinet. Angry. But I can say this year I have done a lot better. I didn't have to throw away any expired bottles. I remained pretty loyal to whatever I was taking at the time. And by doing so, I got better results......Again welcome to the challenge!!!!!!!!! Hope your week has been a joy filled one!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 6:39pm
its otay @veemack. LOLOLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

its otay @veemack. LOLOLOL
Otay! Now I am thinking about Eddie Murphy and his Buckwheat skits.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 9:54pm
Another video from honesty love. But she is talking about weight loss. She seems so sweet.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 10:23pm
I just got 4 bottles of gnc ultra nourish for 26 bucks! they were having a buy 2 get 2 free. That's a 4 month supply plus 1 month supply of liquid gold I already purchased. I will be taking all of them because I don't believe I wasting money.

-------------

Posted By: sweetkatia
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 5:14pm
I`m interested in the challenge

One source vitamins
Biotin

Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 10:26pm
WOW @relaxedtresses you got a good deal! So jelly of you!

Welcome to the challenge sweetkia!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 1:49pm
Okay, should have my vitamins by the first. I've been so busy with the holidays. I also will add Biotin and MSM powder.Big smile

Posted By: loulou82
Date Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 12:03pm
I'm in! Smile

I've been consistently taking my vitamins since June 2012. I've missed a dose here or there but for 2013 there will be NO missed dosages.

Since June I've taken:
Biotin
Multi Vitamin
B 50
Vitamin C
Fish/ Flax/ Borage
Vitamin E

I noticed Hairfinity contains Gelatin and Silica so I've added Gelatin along with Selenium in October 2012. Yesterday my Bamboo Silica and MSM powder arrived.

I take a dose in the morning and at night. I bought a two week pill organizer from the dollar store so I have no excuse not to remember.

Starting measurements:

Nape- 15
Bang-16
Side- 16.5
Crown- 17

Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:21am
Welcome to the challenge loulou82Big smileBig smileBig smile

Looks like you have a yourself a thorough vitamin regimen.Clap Yes those pill organizers work really well, cheap investment that helps keep you on the right track. Thumbs Up

I have been a little off in my vitamin taking because I am taking prescription medicines for my sinusesThumbs Down for a few days. But I am still taking doses just not full doses. The key is when you mess up to at least take some of the doses and just jump back on track.Thumbs Up

Our hair measurements are pretty similar. My top is 18 inches but I cut me a bang this year and it grew out so fast. So because bangs are easier to keep up with, I will do my measurements from my bang. The vitamins have already helped my hair grow out a lot this year. For the first time I actually got a full average 6 inches this year, so yay!!!!!!! LOL

Think my bangs are at 8.75 inches. Will check today for accurate measurements and do a before picture. to start the new year off easier to track growth.

Again welcome to the challenge please participate often, so others will be helped. Share information, encouragement, sales, coupons, problems etc........
Heart and Blessings!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 9:28am
Thank you for the welcome Veemack! Big smile

I really want to achieve at least 5 inches... 6 inches would.. OOHH CHILE! *faints*. The most I've retained in a year has been 4 inches. I'm coming for those 6 inches this year.

I received a remarkable deal on most of my vitamins at Bed Bath and Beyond's Harmon Store in October. There were having a massive clearance and I stocked up. Plus I used 20 percent coupons I had been hoarding. For example: I picked up a 60 count one a day multi vitamin by Mason Naturals that expire in June 2014 with the seal in tact for... wait for it... $1.88! I was floored. I had them call and hold several bottles at another store so I could pick them up. I'm set for a year + on several vitamins. I reviewed Mason Naturals online and verified that they were a legitimate company. 

I usually purchase most of my vitamins online from Puritan Pride and/or Vitacost.

Date Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 8:56am
^^^ Good Deal!

Happy New Years Everyone!!!!

I will be picking up my Vitamins today. Can't wait to see our progress. Im praying for at least 6-7 inches this year too. *Crosses fingers*

Date Posted: Jan 03 2013 at 2:06am
Got My Vitamins! Yay. Im Officially in! 
Spring Valley w/added 1000 mg Biotin. 

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:15am
Ladies remember to take your vitamins!
Supplements do not take themselves.
They can only work for you if you take them.
Taking them the same time daily, helps to not forget doses.
You have spent your money, now always keep your money working for you!

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:12pm
I started taking my vitamins this week and I am excited.  I take them at night with a bottle of water so as not to intefere with my morning routine.  I take women's multivitamin as well as an iron and vitamin D supplement and birth control so I already have a lot going on in the morning. Anyway, I'm off to a good start.  The only road block I can see to consistency is that these pills are huge and I have to take two!  Does anyone have any tips for swallowing huge vitamins?

-------------

Posted By: sweet_melodiii
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 1:23pm
I have started my challenge today. I am taking vitamin c, e, calcium + D because I don't have enough calcium in my diet, biotin and b6 complex

Swallowing big pills will be tricky but I am ready for the challenge,

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/sweet-melodiii/

Posted By: kellyresurrected
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:26pm
Count me in...
I'm taking mineral rich , folic acid and a hair skin and nails vitamin :) I'm also adding coconut to my morning and night time tea and drinking bolt house carrot fruit juice mix and lots of water.

Posted By: kellyresurrected
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 2:28pm

If u live by a Kmart they also have good sales on vitamins as well..

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by kellyresurrected kellyresurrected wrote:

If u live by a Kmart they also have good sales on vitamins as well..
I bet they do but I do not live near one, I have not been inside Kmart in over 15 years.

-------------

Posted By: sweet_melodiii
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:40pm
@veemack am I not welcome?

-------------
http://public.fotki.com/sweet-melodiii/

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by sweet_melodiii sweet_melodiii wrote:

@veemack am I not welcome?
Did I miss you? Of course you are welcomed!!!!
Blessings to you!!!!!!!!!
Big smile

-------------

Posted By: SweetNovember*
Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:49pm
I'm going to join this challenge. I think I am going to use the OneSource since it is available at Walmart and I don't want to wait for an online order. I've never used hair vitamins before. I'm already hairy lol. Well we'll see. I'll report back one I have them.

-------------
I mean damn can my p**** be tight?

Date Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:56pm

I started taking my vitamins this week and I am excited.  I take them at night with a bottle of water so as not to intefere with my morning routine.  I take women's multivitamin as well as an iron and vitamin D supplement and birth control so I already have a lot going on in the morning. Anyway, I'm off to a good start.  The only road block I can see to consistency is that these pills are huge and I have to take two!  Does anyone have any tips for swallowing huge vitamins?

Take  a liquid vitamin (which I am sure you know this)Smile
Put a lot of water in your mouth, allow the vitamin to float in your mouth a few seconds then let it slide back slowly and don't fight it.

Or you can just take a big gulp and swallow it really fast without thinking much about it.

Also next time you can try to get a vitamin in capsule form, which is easier to swallow, imo.

You can also break the vitamin into halves  and take that way....This is all I can think of. It just took me getting older to be comfortable swallowing pills, I use to couldn't stand anything larger than a baby aspirin LOL.

-------------

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:54am
I'm in. I'll be taking the Spring Valley (1000 MCG Biotin). I'll be taking MSM also when I get a chance to go back to Walmart. I think I started taking mine on Wednesday, either way I can't remember, but I've been good with taking them so far. So, I just gotta keep it up.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by AmberColour AmberColour wrote:

I'm in. I'll be taking the Spring Valley (1000 MCG Biotin). I'll be taking MSM also when I get a chance to go back to Walmart. I think I started taking mine on Wednesday, either way I can't remember, but I've been good with taking them so far. So, I just gotta keep it up.

I'm taking the same, Did you know it says 1000 mcg on the front of the bottle, but when you look on the label it states that its 3,000 mcg and %1,000 of the daily valueConfused... lol.. im confused now..

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 4:57pm
I did pretty well for the end of the first week. I finally upped my water intake too- hopefully I can keep it up.

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 5:51pm
Starting length: Bangs 8.25 inches

Hair texture: Natural and tightly coily

Current hair length: mid back length with exception of the bangs which are chin length.

Vitamin cocktail: One source Hair skin and Nails: once a day
Mineral rich liquid vitamin: 2 tablespoons a day
MSM: two capsules of 1,000mcg twice daily
Fish oil: 2 gels caps a day.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 6:18pm
Ladies post your stats and starting pictures if you like.

This challenge began about 3 weeks ago, but I will consider the start date to be Jan 1st.

So the next length check will be, lets say February 20th. So snap your start pics and chart your growth and see how you do. Remember your results will largely depend upon how consistent you are with your supplement taking and also if you are taking the right supplement for your needs.

Have fun!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 8:58pm

I'm taking the same, Did you know it says 1000 mcg on the front of the bottle, but when you look on the label it states that its 3,000 mcg and %1,000 of the daily valueConfused... lol.. im confused now..
LMAO!
I just looked at the bottle..
It's weirdConfused
And I'll post my starting pictures tomorrow when I get up.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:46pm
^^^ Lol, yeah, so Im like which one is it!?.. a 1,000 or 3,000 mcg.  LOL I need to talk to a pharmacist next time I get some more. see what they say,lol

I took some pics on 12/22/12. I might use that as my starting pic, or I will take another one tomorrow when I cowash.

Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:42am

Take  a liquid vitamin (which I am sure you know this)Smile
Put a lot of water in your mouth, allow the vitamin to float in your mouth a few seconds then let it slide back slowly and don't fight it.

Or you can just take a big gulp and swallow it really fast without thinking much about it.

Also next time you can try to get a vitamin in capsule form, which is easier to swallow, imo.

You can also break the vitamin into halves  and take that way....This is all I can think of. It just took me getting older to be comfortable swallowing pills, I use to couldn't stand anything larger than a baby aspirin LOL.

^^^ all of the above. I do the first one and chug water afterwards.

Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:24pm
Veemack- our hair looks very similar. My strands are so darn tangly, fine, and spider-webby LOL.

The image uploader hates me right now and keeps rejecting my photos even when I shrink them. 

Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by loulou82 loulou82 wrote:

Veemack- our hair looks very similar. My strands are so darn tangly, fine, and spider-webby LOL.

The image uploader hates me right now and keeps rejecting my photos even when I shrink them. 

Yep I use to have the spider web thingy going on, but you know what helped me the most? Oiling my scalp daily with natural oils. When you can separate your hair and it does not stick together, that means it is in pretty good condition. I rarely, I mean rarely have a single strand knots and my hair is very coily and spongy. I hear ladies say that ssk's are just a part of being natural, but I say, no its not. Single strand knots are not natural to coily hair. My strands are fine, but strong. Meaning when I pull my hair it has enough elastic that it does not break easily.....I find it easiest to just copy pictures from another page. But as long as you have  a starting picture for your own records that is most important.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 7:08pm
Tips for better vitamin absorption:

Take vitamins with food in your stomach
Drink a full 8 ounce glass of water per two vitamins.
So if you take 4 vitamins then you will drink 8 ounces down and then sip another 8 ounces.

Add flaxseeds to your diet, for better large intestine health.
Note: if you are consistently constipated your flow is not healthy a consistent regimen of flax seeds could put you back on track, depending upon how bad your issue is. If you have problem with elimination then taking supplements could make your problem even worst.

Eat yogurt for breakfast, lunch or snack. Yogurt (creates healthy bacteria)

I start my day with a high protein breakfast: My favorite is oatmeal mixed with one table spoon of flax seeds.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 3:45pm
^^ Thanks for The Tips

Been consistent with my vitamins! Skin looking better!

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:36pm

^^ Thanks for The Tips

Been consistent with my vitamins! Skin looking better!
Awesome! Not seeing much difference in my skin, maybe in 30 more days it will be better. Up until  3 years ago I had smooth skin, but since then I go through these breakout stages. I find that water helps a lot, but I am finding it harder to keep up with drinking lots of water in the winter time. For example today, I drank about 40 ounces of water. But in order for my skin to act right I need 64 ounces or more. I also think a good fast would help me clean out some slush physically and spiritually. But there is medication that I have to take daily for other reasons, so it makes fasting difficult, because I need to eat with my medicine....Anyways, maybe I can do one during the spring time.

Do any of you ladies ever fast?
How do you maintain your fast? Prayer? Discipline?

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 5:47pm

^^ Yes, thats how much I usually do when I try to drink enough water. Its hard to get to that 64oz mark. I really have to pushmyself. Thats why Im in a water intake challenge on LCHF. lol

Sometimes I fast with my church, have you tried the Daniel fast. He only ate fruit, veggies, nuts and fish. No diary, artificial sweeteners, white bread, or red meat only organic/whole food. or you should try juicing fast, when you fast with juicing Veggies,Fruits, and soups.

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:15pm
Started Sunday, Jan 6th with my new vitamins. 

I'm taking the Nature Made Maximin Daily Pack + Biotin + MSM + Liq. Geritol w/ Iron. 
Seems like a much easier intake to keep up on so far. I've also started drinking water! I don't like it but it likes me. LOL
I've done away with sodas, and I'm limiting my coffee drinking to one cup a day in the morning. 

I mustve really needed the vitamins because my skin responded almost immediately. Brighter, softer...

Here's my starting photo: (calling it a "4", and hoping for "5" by Feb 4th)
...and no, I don't have leprechaun ears! I forgot to take my bluetooth off. 

Edited to add... Originally I was going to take Nioxin as well, but Nioxin isn't being made any more so they're getting harder to find. I have about 10 left and will be finishing the bottle. I won't be taking it after that unless I can get a new supply. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:35pm

^^ Yes, thats how much I usually do when I try to drink enough water. Its hard to get to that 64oz mark. I really have to pushmyself. Thats why Im in a water intake challenge on LCHF. lol

Sometimes I fast with my church, have you tried the Daniel fast. He only ate fruit, veggies, nuts and fish. No diary, artificial sweeteners, white bread, or red meat only organic/whole food. or you should try juicing fast, when you fast with juicing Veggies,Fruits, and soups.
I have read about the Daniel fast. Honestly I have not fasted in a long time, but I need to. I just think about food to much LOL. I could probably do a juice fast successfully, if I chew gum is that cheating? LOL Gum is the only thing that keeps me from eating.....Do you have the paid membership over at LCHF? I hear their challenges are really good.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 6:39pm
@Flwonline
They have stopped making the Nioxin vitamin? I heard they were pretty good.

How long have you been taking the liquid geritol? Do you have low iron?

How much MSM do you take? I am taking 3,000mcg.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 8:20pm

@Flwonline
They have stopped making the Nioxin vitamin? I heard they were pretty good.

How long have you been taking the liquid geritol? Do you have low iron?

How much MSM do you take? I am taking 3,000mcg.

Yep. Word on the streets is that they said they were reformulating (reason unknown), and then they posted http://nioxin.com/en-US/products/product-page.aspx?id=248" rel="nofollow - THIS web page , but those bottles havent hit the shelves yet and no one seems to know why. 
Also notice that the so-called "new" formula doesnt have all of the ingredients listed. Hmmm. ??

I've been taking the liquid Geritol for about 4 months but not consistently. I'm anemic. I notice that if I take it at night, I feel like Atlas in the morning. Also saw a thread recently that made reference to it also being used for fertility and hair growth. (I'm done having babies. LOL)

I take the 3x1500 MG when I can get those, or 3x1000 MG if I cant get the 1500's. I've been taking those for over a year now. In fact, MSM was how I was able to stretch for 7 months. Unfortunately, I permed at the top of this year and to my suprise, my hair pattern was almost identical to the MSM'd new growth. Waste of money, and no more perms for me. MSM IS my perm! It does wonders for new growth, although my perimeter edge ignores it. 

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:54pm
Have been doing good with my vitamins and water intake! (Have not gotten MSM yet, but I will by this week's end)
Gotta keep it up. :) Hope everyone else is well.
I have not taken length shots yet, but I will post when I do.
Just wanna make sure I get an accurate starting pic(s)

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:55pm
The only thing is...
These Spring Valley HSN vits taste sooo badly.
Like herb or grassy stuffDeadLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:00pm
LOl when you talk about your perimeter ignoring the MSM, I can relate.
From a child my edges use to be so hard and separate so easily.
But when I starting the daily oiling my edges are no longer rough feeling, now they still separateLOL, but that is my tightly coily hair. I don't even use a brush, I just apply product and smooth back with my palms. Then throughout the day, if I care, I continue to smooth the coils as they separate. My edges are something else, but I love them. I have been natural for a long time, but up until about 3 years ago, I use to relax my edges, I saw that this was thinning one side out, so I stopped and embraced my coils.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:02pm

The only thing is...
LOL I want to get a green substitute but I fear it will taste like grass. I know myself if it tastes bad, I will not take it.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:43pm
@Flowonline, my skin responded immediately after I started taking mines too. I love how fast its working.

@Veemack, yes, I have a paid membership there. Their challenges are pretty good too. Ive been a member there since "07" but I just paid for membership in august last year.Embarrassed I was a long time lurker. lol

@Amber, have you tried orange juice. It seems easier when I drink a thicker juice. It kinda mask the taste and goes down better. 

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:34pm

The only thing is...
LOL I want to get a green substitute but I fear it will taste like grass. I know myself if it tastes bad, I will not take it.

I purchased Amazing Meal Superfood in Chai Vanilla and it isn't too bad. I've been taking it for about a week. I mix it with almond milk, ground flax and chia seeds. I shake it up and gulp it down.

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:55pm
I'll join!

I was doing so well with my vitamins last year until I went away for a business trip in mid December and fell off the wagon. I'm thinking about going back to Hairfinity because I did get great results when I used it for about 4 - 5 months last year until I switched for a cheaper local suppliment I could get at Rite Aid. I went from SL to grazing APL in that 4 month time.

Now I'm full APL but my long term goal is MBL. I want to get hairfinity but I was hoping there was a monthly coupon code available. Right now it seems that all they're pushing is the 6 month 25% coupon but I'm not sure if I want to buy a six month supply.

I would also add to anyone looking for a growth aid, to also include a topical one along with an actual suppliment to promote faster results. I bought the Liquid Gold sulfur suppliment and will go back to using that religiously as well. 

Also consider making sure you're getting enough MSM. It prolongs the growth phase (to an extent) giving you more time (technically) to grow your hair vs just letting your hair phases go on their own. Plus MSM is good for your joints and other bodily functions.

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Posted By: natural essence
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 2:58pm
Hey Modelbusiness!!

I didn't know thatthis challenge had started up again..if it is I want in!!

I as well, was doing great over the summer but then wasn't as consistent once the fall came around...I have already started back on my vitamins and would love to make my goal which is at least to be APL by the end of june...I am at CL now so don't know if I am being too unrealistic/

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:15pm
Hey Natural!

Well I definitely think that if speed of growth is what someone is looking for, Hairfinity is definitely the way to go. I actually just bit the bullet and bought the 6month supply. It's worth it once you do the math.

I probably was averaging an inch a month to maybe just over an inch which for me is pretty quick. Plus I drink 64oz of water a day and try to eat pretty healthy. And I just rejoined the gym too. Part of this is bc I'm getting married this year...I need to look fantastic with great arms in that dress lol!

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 3:46pm
Welcome to the challenge Modelbusiness and Natural essence!

Feel free to list your hair stats and your before and after pic, if you desire.

Consistency is the key.

Hope all are having a blessed day, because I surely amBig smile!

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 4:59pm
CONGRATS Modelbusiness!!!

You must be so excited for the upcoming wedding bliss... I know exactly what you mean by wanting to have fab arms for your dress and I am sure you will look fantastic!

I would love to get my hands on the hairfinity and/or the mineral rich but I am dreadingthe cost of shipping...I have resorted to completing my hair skin and nails from nature's bounty along with the mas and then maybe just maybe I close my eyes and tackle the shipping!

i have aslo upped my water intake and have joined back the gym as I nee dto continue to make my hubbies head turn!!  I have been rocking wigs and pampering my hair underneath...my only concern is that I started swimming lessons so I make sure to wash my hair right after the class to avoid any damage from the chlorine ( I put a plastic cap underneath my swim cap and drench my hair in oil before the class).

lets keep each other growing!!

ARe you still usingthe GAO?

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:02pm
Thanks for the warm welcome Veemack.

i can't post any starting pics now as i am cornrowed up under this wig however:

Multivitamins: currently using nature's bounty HSN and MSM along with added vitamin b
Current length: CBL in the back and just below my nose in the front.. Aspiring to reach APL

Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 5:11pm
Where can I find this coupon you speak of on the hairfinity!!!

Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:49am
The coupon code is on their FB page! As soon as I find it I'll post it here. It's good til the 16th I believe.

FYI: If you do the 6 month 25% off, the shipping is free.

I switched from GAO to Liquid Gold Sulfur Scalp oil. But being honest, after mid Dec I totally fell off of my vitamin and GHE'ing. So, once my shipment of HF comes in, I'm going back to a religious method like I had before.

I'll try to post a pic of my "before" soon. Right now I'm still rocking my marley twists which I'll probably take out next week so I can give my hair a good wash. I have another challenge I joined a few weeks ago and I need to post my pic for that as well!

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:54am
Hairfinity Coupon Code: challenge13

This is ONLY for ppl choosing to buy the 6month supply. You get 25% off and free shipping. My total came to about $95. I was hesitant at first, but once I really did the math, it made sense. I normally buy 2mo supplies. But $42 x 3 is obviously more than $95. ;-)

-------------

Posted By: sheetalmakeup
Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:56am
hi  friends

I am new in this thread. I am freelancer hair stylist. for more details please visit  http://www.sheetalmakeup.com - Makeup Artist in delhi ncr

Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:07pm
Thanks for providing the coupon code...the free shipping does not apply to Canada though so I am still contemplating whether I want to bite the bullet and order now or wait till I finish off my vitamins that I currently have....do they often have 25% or is it more 10%?

Date Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:31pm
The 10% is more common but I just found out there's a 10% code: boostgrowth

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 6:23pm
Got my hair put in kinky twists on Friday and I even took some length shot pictures.
I'm not sure how accurate it will be after what my hair's been through. 
Ugh.
But I will post my 1 month pictures anyway. Not gonna post beginning pics now.
I have not missed any days yet, but I almost did one day, but I then remembered. :]]
So far so good.
I do think the ONESOURCE is better, but I will see after this.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 7:30pm
How is everyone doing? Smile

I missed a day of vitamins last week and didn't realize it until the next day. On a brighter note, I did at least remember my liquid vitamin and drink a green smoothie- just forgot the pills. I'v been drinking at least 50 oz of water and hit 75 oz on a few days too.  I'll try to get 75 oz consistently for next week.

Posted By: JennJenn224
Date Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 7:58pm
Is it to late for me to join?

Print Page | Close Window