Print Page | Close Window

Got paid more than i was supposed too?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352153
Printed Date: Dec 11 2017 at 9:54pm

Topic: Got paid more than i was supposed too?
Posted By: HaitianLuv
Subject: Got paid more than i was supposed too?
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:11am
So i have a part-time job. i get paid weekly, thursday nights. This week i only worked 12 hours so i should have gotten paid like $55 ( ETA- thats 55 after taxes, i make 7.75 p/h). I check my account this morning and they gave me $195 Shocked. What should i do? I know ratchet azz BHM gonna be like "keep that ish" but i dont want to some how get in trouble. I think my pay has been switched with someone else.

My options-

-Tell a manager about the problem, be a honest person.
-Keep that ishCool, i leaning strong towards this one.
- Maybe my pay got switched with someone else, and where i work its hard to get paid that much. What if the other person gets my measly check, tells management, they find it was switched with me, i look bad because i didnt say anything. Its a seasonal job and im trying to get kept after the holidays, i dont want to look bad already.
-Maybe it was a keystroke mistake and everybody got paid correctly, i just got a nice bonus by mistake and no one will ever find outCool

what should i do???

Replies:
Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:14am
I'd be honest and tell them.

eta:...How will it look if you're fired and you're next job finds out why???

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:14am
If you want to save your job, you will tell them because they will find out eventually.

Tell them, hun. Plus being honest makes you look great in their eyes!

-------------

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:16am
55/12=like 4.50. That's all you get paid an hour? If you need the money badly then keep it, you can always say you didn't know. If you don't need the money tell them.

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:17am
Tell them. Or check ur payslip first, you may have gotten a bonus.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:17am
Ermmyou already know what to do. stop playingLOL

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:20am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

55/12=like 4.50. That's all you get paid an hour? If you need the money badly then keep it, you can always say you didn't know. If you don't need the money tell them.

Maybe she's a waitress.
Don't judge

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:21am
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Maybe she's a waitress.
Don't judge
Im not judging. The point I was making is maybe she supposed to make more that 55 for that week and just added it up wrong. Isnt the hourly rate for waitresses like 2 something.

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:25am
Tell your manager ASAP.  Use some logic on this one--thinking you can pull one over on your employers--who have accountants who will eventually go over their pay roll for tax purposes, is not a good idea at all.  Be honest so you can remain employable.  Nobody likes a thief.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:31am
They will find out if it's incorrect. Hr will getcho ass if you aren't honest.

Posted By: Joja1107
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:37am
Tell them. I was pad an extra 5hrs one time and my manager said " keep it you deserve it". So it'll be better to just tell and your conscience will be clear.

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:47am
i get paid 7.75 and hour. the 55 is after taxes.

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 6:49am
i will go ahead and tell them, i dont wanna look bad.

Posted By: miamiu27
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:00am
Your doing the right thing.  Maybe they will say they gave you your Christmas bonus.

-------------
I don't have time to complain. Take off your bedroom slippers put on your marching shoes! Shake it off, Stop complaining, Stop grumbling, Stop Crying and We are gonna Press On, We got Work to Do!!

Posted By: brownelovely
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:06am
Tell them now and don't spend a dime. It's more then likely a payroll error and it will be caught once numbers don't balance. You didn't earn it so you know what you need to do..lol. 

Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:09am
Keep the money in your account but don't spend it.they may or may not notice it later. I wouldn't say anything and have to give it back if they were never gonna find out...but I wouldn't spend it and look like the ass because they know u know that sh*t wasn't yours. So sit on the money for a while and see if they ever say anything. If they do, act surprised and cooperate with them

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME

Posted By: bebe88
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:10am
Do what u want but back in 08 I worked at f21 for 2 wks and got paid an extra $100. I knew it was too much cus my friend and I worked the exact same amount of hrs and worked the same position and her check was less. I cashed it anyway.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrittaneyRachel

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:17am
They will a. Dock your next paycheck or b. fire you.

Trust me, they WILL find out when the numbers don't add up right...

Print Page | Close Window