Print Page | Close Window

So if your toddler son thinks he is a girl..

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352127
Printed Date: Dec 17 2017 at 8:20pm

Topic: So if your toddler son thinks he is a girl..
Posted By: Naturalchick30
Subject: So if your toddler son thinks he is a girl..
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:02pm

'I'm attracted to boys': Transgender teen who was born a male but identifies as a girl opens up about dating for the first time

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Sadie+Whitelocks" rel="nofollow - PUBLISHED:18:07 EST, 12 December 2012| UPDATED:07:40 EST, 13 December 2012

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2247228/Jazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-opens-dating-time.html#comments" rel="nofollow - - - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2247228/Jazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-opens-dating-time.html#socialLinks" rel="nofollow - - - Share
    • < style="margin: 0px; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 90px; height: 20px; visibility: ; : static;" id="I0_1355435589685" title="+1" ="0" ="0" marginHeight="0" ="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv&size=medium&hl=en-GB&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2247228%2FJazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-s-dating-time.&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.mXJwa1e-a6E.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DgQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTOygZ2r0e2dUcK7vmgDCp07uU9WNQ#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1355435589685&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk" Border="0" width="100%" allowTransparency="true" name="I0_1355435589685" marginWidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0">
    • < style="width: 107px; height: 20px;" ="twitter-share- twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet " ="http://plat.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_.1354761327.#_=1355435593642&count=horizontal&count=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2247228%2FJazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-s-dating-time.&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2247228%2FJazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-s-dating-time.&size=m&text=Jazz%20Jennings%3A%20Transgender%20teen%20s%20up%20about%20dating%20for%20the%20first%20time&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2247228%2FJazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-s-dating-time.&via=MailOnline" Border="0" allowTransparency="true" scrolling="no" -twttr-rendered="true">
    • http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2247228%2FJazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-opens-dating-time.html&node_type=link&width=90&layout=button_count&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&send=false&extended_social_context=false" rel="nofollow - , that she is attracted to boys.

When asked if she was worried about finding a boyfriend, she replied: 'I am a little bit. But if any of the boys decline me because of my situation then I just know they’re not right for me at all.'

Hitting puberty: Jazz Jennings who was born a male but identifies as a girl has said she is attracted to boys

Hitting puberty: Jazz Jennings who was born a male but identifies as a girl has said she is attracted to boys

Jazz said as a toddler he knew she wanted to be a girl and would unsnap her onsies to make it look like a dress. If people called her a 'good boy' she would correct them, saying she was a good girl.

Her parents first decided to seek advice from a pediatrician when she was two years old, after she asked: 'Mommy, when's the good fairy going to come with her magic wand and change, you know, my genitalia?'

More...

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2246657/Boys-like-cooking-Top-chefs-champion-13-year-old-girls-petition-demanding-Hasbro-make-gender-neutral-Easy-Bake-Oven.html" rel="nofollow - - Lucky 12-12-12! Demand for weddings and C-sections soar as brides and moms-to-be attempt to take advantage of last triple digit date for 100 years
      • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2247001/Michael-Phelps-Victorias-Secret-Angels-set-diet-trends-2012-Google-reveals-years-searches.html" rel="nofollow -

Three years later after being diagnosed with GID Jazz made the transition from male to female.

She grew her hair out, pierced her ears, and wore dresses everywhere - even to kindergarten.

Born in the wrong body: Jazz said that ever since she was a toddler she wanted to be a girl

Born in the wrong body: Jazz said that ever since she was a toddler she wanted to be a girl

Her parents explained the situation to their three other children. Jazz's father, Greg, previously told http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3088298&page=1" rel="nofollow - : 'Jeanette and I are in 100 percent agreement as to how we should raise Jazz. We don't encourage, we support. And we just keep listening to what she tells us.'

Her mother Jeanette added: 'We'll say things like, 'You're special. God made you special.' Because there aren't very many little girls out there that have a penis.'

'Ever since I was younger I had nightmares about growing facial hair and having hair all over my body'

Growing up Jazz's bedroom was filled with girly things - pink bed linen, a closet filled with dresses and an ample collection of stuffed animals.

Set to turn 13 next year she says one of her biggest fears now is puberty.

Jazz previously told the Advocate: 'Ever since I was younger I had nightmares about growing facial hair and having hair all over my body.

'Now that the time has come where this situation might occur, I'm getting nervous and desperate to take hormones to prevent puberty from happening.'

In order to prevent Jazz's nightmare from becoming a reality, she will undergo hormone therapy.

Jazz Jennings
        Transgender Tween Talks Dating With Barbara Walters

Jazz's mother Jeanette, said: 'I mourn the loss of the idea of my son. I see pictures and the video, and that child's gone. But there's a wonderful person now that's with us.'

First doctors will prescribe blockers that will prevent the growth of body hair and the development of other masculine characteristics.

Next estrogen therapy will allow her body to go through a form of female puberty. She will grow breasts and gain body fat around her hips.

But the treatments are expensive and last year Jeanette revealed that she was quoted $18,000 a year for the hormone-blocking medication.

The final step would be sex reassignment surgery, but most doctors will not perform this until the age of consent, 18.

Source of support: Jazzs parents Jeanette and Greg took her to see doctors when she was a toddler

Source of support: Jazz's parents Jeanette and Greg took her to see doctors when she was a toddler

The Jennings say that if Jazz chooses to take that step, they will fully support her but they are also mindful of keeping all of her options open.

While they now fully accept their son as their daughter, they admit the transition has not been easy.

Jeanette, who started the TransKids Purple Rainbow Foundation to help other families in similar situations, said: 'I mourn the loss of the idea of my son. I see pictures and the video, and that child's gone. But there's a wonderful person now that's with us.'

This June Jazz was awarded the Colin Higgins Youth Courage Award for helping to educate and enlighten others about the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer experience.

Read more:
        • http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/transgender-tween-talks-dating-barbara-walters-17944869" rel="nofollow - - Understanding Transgender Children

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2247228/Jazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-opens-dating-time.html#ixzz2EyJyRelM" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2247228/Jazz-Jennings-Transgender-teen-opens-dating-time.html#ixzz2EyJyRelM
        Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - - DailyMail on Facebook

what would you do??

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:08pm
wow--he looks so pretty as a girl

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:10pm
can't relate. I won't be raising white children

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:11pm
I would do the same thing as her parents did, I would be their support and help them with what they need.

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:12pm
I think the girl version looks better...though that's probably because girl version is older than boy version was in the pic. But still...

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:14pm
so theyre going to let him get hormone treatment but havent pinned them ears back yet

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:16pm
I would also support my baby. what everybody else thinks. I wouldn't do anything permanent though until they were full grown.

What 2 year old says genitalia though???

Pretty girl

Posted By: acaraway
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:16pm
I would support her, but only if it persisted past her toddler years...

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

so theyre going to let him get hormone treatment but havent pinned them ears back yet
LOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:18pm
Im more concerned with the fact that the kid is "dating" at 12

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Cry

Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:21pm
Clap  Thumbs Up

I think Jazz is a very pretty.  Kudos to her parents... 

I have a close friend who went through a similar situation and the parents handled it the same way... 

-------------
Educate before speculate..............

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:22pm
yeah good luck with all that...psh *eyeroll*

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Kim Kardashian dated at 12 and told her momma she wanted to have sex at 12 too Stern Smile

-------------

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:26pm
Glad my boys wanna be boys, tis all I can say.  Hope they stay thinking at way.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:29pm
^^^ 

I'm sure....

-------------

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:34pm
I would support emotionally. I wouldn't mess around with the hormones of a child going through puberty though. 

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Kim Kardashian dated at 12 and told her momma she wanted to have sex at 12 too Stern Smile

Smh...

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:01pm
I would support as well.

my husband would not, however.

I'm glad that her parents are in agreement about how they treat her.

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:24pm
I hope she doesn't end up like another Gwen araujo.

Transgender teen who had oral sex with teenage boys without disclosing her gender status...they ended up murdering her....I believe in full disclosure.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:32pm
i see so many stories on my tumblr about transgender murders/missing. 
they don't get any press. 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:32pm

its sad because those kids get into so much so young.  you really have to look after those young ones in the club.  its not like they find people their own age more than likely they end up messing with random much older guys.

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:34pm
Stern Smile

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:37pm
Man listen, a person has every right to be what they want to be and identify with whatever, whether it a frog, superhero, pianist, geisha, vampire, the opposite sex or a raccoon.

Just not while you living in my houseStern Smile

-------------

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:39pm
"We don't encourage, we support." <-------- I like this line. I applaud them on their stance in this matter of their kid

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:45pm
That has to be tuff for the parents.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Man listen, a person has every right to be what they want to be and identify with whatever, whether it a frog, superhero, pianist, geisha, vampire, the opposite sex or a raccoon.

i want to be a combination of those you named.Stern SmileLOL

i dont have anything better to do right nowEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

i want to be a combination of those you named.Stern SmileLOL

i dont have anything better to do right nowEmbarrassed

Dead

Posted By: P31chick
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 5:52pm
I wasnt aware that a two year old can comprehend the differences between genders to full capacity.  I know plenty of moms who have stories about their little boys wanting to wear their heels or play with a purse or dolls and they say that for most it is just a phase.  Most of these little boys grow up to be very much masculine and have no feminine traits.  So as parents when we see these phases can they be altered by how much we tolerate at these times.  Like if a baby says I am not a good boy I'm a good girl....do we just say Oh okay yes you are.  Or do we correct them? 

I know a transgendered person born a boy and now identifies as a woman.  However her parents saw this phase and embraced it because they felt it was just a phase, however it just never stopped. Do you think parenting has a role in these matters?

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by P31chick P31chick wrote:

I wasnt aware that a two year old can comprehend the differences between genders to full capacity.  I know plenty of moms who have stories about their little boys wanting to wear their heels or play with a purse or dolls and they say that for most it is just a phase.  Most of these little boys grow up to be very much masculine and have no feminine traits.  So as parents when we see these phases can they be altered by how much we tolerate at these times.  Like if a baby says I am not a good boy I'm a good girl....do we just say Oh okay yes you are.  Or do we correct them? 

I know a transgendered person born a boy and now identifies as a woman.  However her parents saw this phase and embraced it because they felt it was just a phase, however it just never stopped. Do you think parenting has a role in these matters?

I was thinking along those lines too when I first read the story.  Like, supporting your child's decision could very well turn in to encouraging that behavior.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:05pm
I don't think so. 

It aint like the boy would DIE if he can't be a girl. 

I like to think of myself as being open minded but like Blaque said, not under my roof. 

Please. 

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:06pm
Parenting has nothing to do with it. 

I don't believe in forcing a person to be someone or something they are NOT.  If that is truly how they feel on the inside, nothing about parenting is going to change that...  In fact if they had not embraced it, it is a possibility it could have caused more damage...     

Honestly, I truly didn't understand this concept until I met and got to know several transgender people myself.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

I don't think so. 

It aint like the boy would DIE if he can't be a girl. 

I like to think of myself as being open minded but like Blaque said, not under my roof. 

Please. 

A lot of transgendered people who are not embraced by their families become suicidal...so this isn't necessarily true.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:14pm
I get that. But a lot of people who follow traditional gender roles and people who are accepted for being transgender are suicidal too. He'll be alright.

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:19pm
I dont think ur average parent would know how to handle the situation until they're in it. The whole ideal of "not in my house" sounds good until your faced with it on a daily basis. Ignoring it wont make it go away. I think the best way to address is through counseling(solo,with the parents and for the parents solo as well)  so they all can understand their feelings and how to address it. In some cases parents are to lax and the child grows up faster than they need to because their "different". There should still be guidance there as well as support. If I were in that position my child wouldnt be getting any kind of hormone shots before the age of 16/17 and they wouldnt be having any type of cosmetic/gender reassignment surgery until theyre an adult.  

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:29pm
she's gonna be what she wants to be/is meant to be whether under your roof or not. 

thats why there are so many homeless lgbqt teens

Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

That has to be tuff for the parents.

I agree. I would want to support my child but who actually takes their toddler seriously

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:31pm

I get that. But a lot of people who follow traditional gender roles and people who are accepted for being transgender are suicidal too. He'll be alright.

If that makes you feel better I guess. Don't see what one has to do with the other Confused

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:32pm

No
what are you "correcting?" that little boys should wear blue and play with tonka trucks and GI Joe because society told you so?

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:32pm
I something do think there is a chemical imbalance somewhere with people like him. What if he was really suppose to be a girl but didn't develop properly?

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:33pm
Wow @ some of the responses

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:42pm
I'd rather cultivate my child's mind and spirit. Teach them that the body is nothing more than a vessel for their soul. What's on the outside does not dictate who you are on the inside and all that jazz...

-------------
-Agent Smith

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:46pm
I pray that i dont have to go through this 

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

No
what are you "correcting?" that little boys should wear blue and play with tonka trucks and GI Joe because society told you so?

and those norms weren't always like that. pink wasn't always considered a "girl's color" either in america...I don't think it happened until around the 40s or 50s w/ the baby boomers. before that, a lot of children's clothes were pretty gender neutral. not sure how it is in other countries.

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:52pm
Lmao if my kids tried that mess

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:54pm
lmao femm

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

LOL

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 7:55pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:04pm
he makes a cute lil girl. I would support my child and be in therapy.

-------------
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:09pm
lmao @ femme. 
Cry

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:12pm
Lol at not in my house. Like that's gonna stop them.

-------------
yo

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:14pm
i'm getting rid of em. srsly.

jr.

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:17pm

she's gonna be what she wants to be/is meant to be whether under your roof or not. 

thats why there are so many homeless lgbqt teens
Lamp

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:23pm
If a child said they feel white on the inside and wants to bleach their skin, wear blonde wigs and blue contacts, would yall be okay with that?

before someone asks how the two relate, the hypothetical is no different than the OP. Both about children struggling with their identity. 

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:46pm
idk...my homosexual friends have told me they recognized very early they were gay...i think kids are much more selfaware than adults like to think

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:46pm

If a child said they feel white on the inside and wants to bleach their skin, wear blonde wigs and blue contacts, would yall be okay with that?

before someone asks how the two relate, the hypothetical is no different than the OP. Both about children struggling with their identity. 

how does one "feel white?"
what they're walking around feeling privileged?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:48pm

again, i ask, what are you going to do to stop them?

im sure there are more oreos on bhm that can relate though

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:48pm
all this stuff is socially constructed.
how does one feel "female"? 

being gay is different, but wanting to be transgender? 
you haven't even hit puberty. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:57pm

being an oreo has nothing to do with it.. noneyons is talking about how they will change on the outside.. being an orea means that you feel white on the inside.

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

being an oreo has nothing to do with it.. noneyons is talking about how they will change on the outside.. being an orea means that you feel white on the inside.

but okay doe

i suppose you do relate

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:00pm
lol @ feeling white. If your kid wants to be Uncle Ruckus Jr. ain't sh*t you can do about it. 

-------------

Posted By: SensitiveSwag
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:01pm
Euthanize him.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:02pm
Why is it necessary to be rude?

not you sensitveswag but nvm. Ion feel like it tonight.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:14pm
I dont see anything rude, but Bhm doesn't understand anything else

Civility doesn't resonate around here

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

all this stuff is socially constructed.
how does one feel "female"? 

being gay is different, but wanting to be transgender? 
you haven't even hit puberty. 

I feel female every month when I'm in pain because of that cycle.

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:24pm

How does one 'feel' like a female, if you aren't one?

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:25pm
^if chemically your brain is telling you you feel female, i assume that is how that works.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:40pm
I feel like a female every time I wake up. I don't know about yall....

-------------
yo

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:46pm
man...my kid will be who they want to be.
I will not however be paying for any hormone treatments or surgeriesl
my child is welcomed to do all of their on their own once they are 18 and dont need my permission.
I will wait for them when they hit the recovery room and make homemade chicken soup for them when they come home.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 12:24am

LOLLOL

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 12:26am
I'm scared that if I makemy son wait until he's an adult to transform that he will end up channeling to Wong foo. Honestly, I haven't seen many black transgendered women that can pass...maybe he needs to start them hormones real early.

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 12:39am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I feel female every time I wake up. I don't know about yall....

Church!

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 3:08am
I would be sad but happy s/he was comfortable enough to talk to me about that. Also he makes a pretty girl. 

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:17am
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

I would do the same thing as her parents did, I would be their support and help them with what they need.

THIS. ClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:22am
I'm more worried about my futures growing up to date white people and listen to rock music.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:24am
Oh Sang, what a lovely smile! You're glowing, darling.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:25am
It's the pregnancy.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:28am
Is it Jr.'s?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:29am
It's Joe's.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

It's Joe's.

Girl, his circulation had the strength to get an erection? Clap Bless his heart

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:43am
It was the best I ever had. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 4:49am
you have a gorgeous smile sang. first time ive seen you smile. so bright and pretty.Heart

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:30am
Originally posted by SensitiveSwag SensitiveSwag wrote:

Euthanize him.

Really?

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:32am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

LOLLOL

Clap

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:38am

I literally laughed at this for about five minutes...
And it was that good laugh that comes from deep in your gut and brings tears to your eyes.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 5:41am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

I literally laughed at this for about five minutes...
And it was that good laugh that comes from deep in your gut and brings tears to your eyes.

Lmao I died at that plane gifLOL

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 7:49am
idk how one feels female either. feeling female vs what? I am not male, have never been male, will never be male so how would i know how that feels? And gender roles are socially constructed, so idk im beginning to think its a load of crock...

1.wanting to do things more greatly associated with the western female population =/= feeling like a woman, for gender roles vary throughout the world.

2.If it is the chemicals in your brain that are "telling" you you are of the opposite gender you were born then perhaps this should be associated with mental illness...there are plenty of things that the chemicals in your brain can tell you to do.

3.As far as hating the genitalia with which you were born, there are mental illnesses where people hate various different parts of their own bodies and would prefer to have them cut off/removed.

5. most children dont feel one way or another about having certain genitals, i know i wasnt proud to have a vagina at 5, people are only given pride about things when they are praised and only hate them when they've been conditioned to believe that they are wrong/bad....

sorry about the titan graph and i hope it makes some sense cuz i just woke up Ouch

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:08am
Awww she's a cute little girl!

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

idk how one feels female either. feeling female vs what? I am not male, have never been male, will never be male so how would i know how that feels? And gender roles are socially constructed, so idk im beginning to think its a load of crock...

1.wanting to do things more greatly associated with the western female population =/= feeling like a woman, for gender roles vary throughout the world.

2.If it is the chemicals in your brain that are "telling" you you are of the opposite gender you were born then perhaps this should be associated with mental illness...there are plenty of things that the chemicals in your brain can tell you to do.

3.As far as hating the genitalia with which you were born, there are mental illnesses where people hate various different parts of their own bodies and would prefer to have them cut off/removed.

5. most children dont feel one way or another about having certain genitals, i know i wasnt proud to have a vagina at 5, people are only given pride about things when they are praised and only hate them when they've been conditioned to believe that they are wrong/bad....

sorry about the titan graph and i hope it makes some sense cuz i just woke up Ouch

as with other mental illness medication/therapy can help but do you think it can in this case?
i.e the boy looks happier as a girl though.

For me i don't know what i would do though. As an African, i feel these are first world problems, don't see many African parents running around with this dilemma. 

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:48am
You don't identify as female or male. You either are or you aren't. You can enjoy the aspects of being female ie painted nails, dresses, and heels, but you are no more female than I am white. You are who you are. People teach their children to be proud of themselve or their colors or talents everyday, this has no difference to me. "Female standards" are social and have to be taught. No one comes out thinking they were born to wear a dress, because it's just not part of your psyche as a child, someone or something has to condition them toward that conclusion.

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:54am

This. When I was a toddler, I know I was NOT unsnapping my onesies for them to look like dresses. And at two years old he asked when his "genitalia" would be changed? I'm not buying all that sh*t. I think there is a fine line between encouraging, and supporting.

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:59am
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

This. When I was a toddler, I know I was NOT unsnapping my onesies for them to look like dresses. And at two years old he asked when his "genitalia" would be changed? I'm not buying all that sh*t. I think there is a fine line between encouraging, and supporting.

All this^

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 10:03am
i would ask for a paternity test tbh

-------------
God bless

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 8:20pm

When I got out of my speeding ticket years ago at night in a hick southern town, I felt lily white. I looked back on the event like 'this is the privilege I've been missing out on? Wow!'ShockedLOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 8:35pm
Not in my house. 

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 8:41pm
This thread is tragic

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

This thread is tragic

SorryGeek

Date Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 9:00pm
It's cool

-------------
yo

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 12:21am

My stomach hurts from laughing. CryCry

-------------

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Dec 15 2012 at 12:46am
I think people are going crazy.

-------------
hip measured is from fullest part on butt:
start: 32C-24-35

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9bbbc000b1aa15d0337a651ec6e3f36c/tumblr_n1g94wvCbW1rk74v1o1_400.gif

http://i63.tinypic.com/2hn7ui0.jpg

Print Page | Close Window