Print Page | Close Window

Man of Steel

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352092
Printed Date: Oct 18 2018 at 4:35am

Topic: Man of Steel
Posted By: newdiva1
Subject: Man of Steel
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:38pm

I like that they are doing these comic movies more... gritty....dark....real(?)  Super hero with feasible doubts and real life issues.   No shade to the ones before but those bright colours.....it made them campy IMO.

thoughts...

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Replies:
Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:49am
He's sexy. It looks interesting but I hate when they do those depressing filters throughout the movie. Oooo and did I see Christopher Meloni in that preview? Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:59am
I've always thought Superman was purdy lame...I found the trailer kinda boring but I do like the darker vibe ...probably wont rush out to see it but ill look it up eventually

-------------

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:09am
really cinematic,  i dont see the dark vibe you all are referring to. i might pay to watch this, omfg.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:13am
When I say dark Im just comparing it to the sugary sweet versions that came b4 it where it seemed as tho they were aiming more so toward a younger audience  as oppose to adults.

-------------

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:17am
yeah thats pretty dark for super man.... and ugh superman againErmm.... i kinda wish one of the women super heros would get a movie...i would be front and center for a storm movie. but that'll never happen...

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:20am
As long as halle aint playing the lead...I'd be willing

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:24am
girl i know. she was a horrible.

-------------

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:33am
Christopher Nolan! It'll be great.

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:43am
I dunno...after that last one I'm scared I'll be disappointed again

-------------

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:45am
I haven't seen a single Superman movie.

-------------

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:48am
Never been a fan of Superman. I did enjoy that one movie, I think it might've been Superman 3, but that's just because I thought the looks the "aliens" were giving were hilarious. 

Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:55am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

really cinematic,  i don't see the dark vibe you all are referring to. i might pay to watch this, omfg.

when I say dark..I guess in this instance..I mean more....serious(?).  When I think of previous superman movies they were just so......brightly coloured.   I don't know how to describe it.

Kinda like the difference between the early Batman's (besides the 1st one) and the recent remakes.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 2:06am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Never been a fan of Superman. I did enjoy that one movie, I think it might've been Superman 3, but that's just because I thought the looks the "aliens" were giving were hilarious. 

Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman
Thumbs Upyesssss

-------------

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 2:06am
Yeah the movie is literally darker. Like POTC, Black Swan, Inception, Sherlock Holmes. It's the opposite of colorful movies like Avengers, Amazing Spiderman, etc. And visually darker movies do tend to have more serious tones plot wise. I looove stuff like this.

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 6:09am
Looking forward to seeing it.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 8:28am
I love xmen movies! But the last movie they came out with was not so good. I will never forgive the producer who did that mess. Killing professor xavier is the tackiest way of ending such an amazing series of movies, imo. Its been years since they put out a new one, and now I'm afraid that if they do decide to release a new movie, my boo hugh jackman can't play wolverine cuz he's too old!

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:13am
I don't like Superman. His plight, his costume, the fictional city, the villains, his super powers and abilities, it all comes out to a huge yawn.

Adding Nolan as a producer or Gladiator score doesn't change the fact that everything about him is boring.

It will prolly be a 'good'/competently made film. But I still prolly won't like it and def won't see it in theaters.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:26am
@Random.  I have to say....I've never understood his costume really.  I mean....where does the red n'ting come in.  Kal-El was from Krypton...it looks like it was some ice type action.  Why red, yellow and blue?  And since Kal-El was from Krypton.....why did Kryptonite weaken him so badly?  I would think Kryptonite would simply make him raw human...since on krypton he was nothing special...if that made sense.
i'm going to bed. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:29am
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

I love xmen movies! But the last movie they came out with was not so good. I will never forgive the producer who did that mess. Killing professor xavier is the tackiest way of ending such an amazing series of movies, imo. Its been years since they put out a new one, and now I'm afraid that if they do decide to release a new movie, my boo hugh jackman can't play wolverine cuz he's too old!

Right...that's my thing...I would love for them to redo it but I need Patrick, Hugh and Ian to do it.  But like u said....they prolly wouldn't want to do a reboot.

-------------

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:33am
yessss this looks like a 1000 times better than that other superman movie they had out recently which was terrible.

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Elohim_is_Love Elohim_is_Love wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

@Random.  I have to say....I've never understood his costume really.  I mean....where does the red n'ting come in.  Kal-El was from Krypton...it looks like it was some ice type action.  Why red, yellow and blue?  And since Kal-El was from Krypton.....why did Kryptonite weaken him so badly?  I would think Kryptonite would simply make him raw human...since on krypton he was nothing special...if that made sense.
i'm going to bed. 
If I remember Krypton had a red sun which makes them more or less humans and they do have a stronger gravity hold so their bones are much more denser and stronger than ours. So they would be regardless super human even without the yellow sun but flying and laser beams nope they wouldn't be able to do that. They absorb the yellow sun rays and develop a force field around their body and that's where the strength and body armor all comes from.

OIC....kinda.  But from what i've seen Kryptonite can damn near kill him. why....if Krypton is a chunk of his home planet?  it should render him "normal".

-------------

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:36am
I LOVE superhero movies. Batman, Spiderman, Xmen, Watchmen, Hulk, Avengers, Ironman, Thor

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:42am
henry cavill is so sexyy!! and he looks great in this role..

he's also my pick for christian grey for 50 shades mmm

-------------
Y'all should be calling white ppl "Mizungus". Get into the movement!!

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:46am

A new Wolverine movie is coming out in March. Hugh still got it, booWink

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

A new Wolverine movie is coming out in March. Hugh still got it, booWink

Yes!!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window