Print Page | Close Window

Sooo. my grandfather cancelled christmas

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352062
Printed Date: Jan 22 2018 at 5:02am

Topic: Sooo. my grandfather cancelled christmas
Posted By: PRnena
Subject: Sooo. my grandfather cancelled christmas
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:32pm
(For Gia.)

Soooo. Yall may know I'm not the oldest poster. I'm 18 (turning 19 on the 20th). And I live in south beach about 700 miles away from my family in NC. I work a part time job and took a week off to go home for christmas and my birthday. I paid for the ticket myself which was 300$ using money from our halloween season at my job.   (I worked over 230 hrs in the month of october) I told my grandfather the days I was coming home and he agreed to pick me up from the airport.

That was october. Fast forward to the middle of november.

I decided to go christmas shopping early. So I called and asked my grandfather what he wanted for christmas. He replied "I'm not celebrating christmas this year". You see, last year christmas sucked. We used all our $$ to move me to miami for school. So we had no tree, decorations, nor presents. We scraped up 15$ for us to eat at dennys for christmas dinner. The thing that stuck with me was when I gave my granddad this card I made, he replied "thanks. I wish there was more for you". So that day I decided that christmas 2012 was NOT going to be like that. Therefore I worked my ARSE off to make it happen. I had saved a little money for a tree and presents. I thought he was going to be proud of me. So when he said he wasn't celebrating Christmas this year , I replied like "is it the money? Because I got it granddad. I'll pay! ". His response was "no. I've been reading the bible lately , and the more I read the more I realize that Christmas is a pagan holiday and shouldn't be celebrated."

I was like " ..... What?"

He said "yeah. I can't do it". I replied, "well can I at least have a tree or lights or SOMETHING?". He told me that he would "prefer not to". All I saw was years of traditions going down the drain.. We would buy the tree at the farmers market and get apple cider and the vendor would give me a free cowtail. And then we'd decorate the tree and listen to christmas music. And watch elf, or another christmas movie after. My grandparents divorced and my mom and dad aren't in the picture. So my grandfather is my legal guardian.

I was crushed.

I didn't know how to respond. I feel like he took everything from me. The only thing I had to look forward to. Why didn't he tell me before I booked my flight. ? When was he planning on telling me? I hate how ppl can change at random. I'm not ready for a change. I'm still trying to hold on to my last few family memories.

fin

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)

Replies:
Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:34pm
Well he aint lying...

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:34pm
Sorry this is happening to you. Do you have any aunts, uncles or friends you can spend the holiday with? 

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:35pm
Hug

-------------

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:35pm
You don't need a Christmas tree to enjoy the holiday with your Granpapi.

Go home and visit your fam.

Save your extra money for something else.

Hug

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:37pm
Christmas is a pagan holiday.
Christians like to steal ideas.
You'll be alright. 

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
sorry. Maybe you can go visit your grandpa anyway I'm sure he still misses you.

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Well he aint lying...

The thing is. I don't believe in god or religion period. Why can't It be a celebration of fellowship ? Or the fact that I'm home after I missed his bday, easter, thanksgiving, ect because I'm working.

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

Posted By: maysay1
That totally sucks.

But you should still go home and spend time with him and others. It may not be the traditional "christmas" you wanted...but you already have the ticket and you spending time with family members is priceless.

Try not to be too upset and just enjoy being home.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:38pm
That is a blow. I don't really like change inside my family unit either, but appreciate his feelings, his growth, and use the time to spend with the person who gave their last for your dreams. Make a new tradition, and show him how much you're willing to give up for him.Hug

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:39pm
same reason im not celebrating anymore. i like your grandad

-------------

Posted By: tatee
he's changing his beliefs and growing as a person allow him to. just because he doesnt celebrate christmas doesnt mean you cant enjoy your time with him. maybe you can spend the time getting to know the person he's becoming.

Posted By: niecy
Hug

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:40pm

What about Kwanza which isn't religious based?  Or just making it a celebration of family?

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:41pm
awww, that's so sweet how much you love your grand daddy. Maybe yall can start a new tradition like Kwanza or something?

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:42pm
you can still enjoy your time and a family dinner. christmas imo is not about gifts and trees [those are all very nice] but it's about dedicated time with your family and sharing memories and stuff.  i am sure it is hard for your grandad too

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:42pm
AshBash read my mind

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:43pm
Get a little tree for your place decorate it before you go home or get one your room when you get there. You can still have a nice dinner together and enjoy the quality time.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Hug

He told me he"d be busy working. My grandma said that she'll help me make it a happy holiday. She just gets very tired easily so it may be stressful. But yeah. It hurts a little. I needed this. Especially after recent events . I almost got evicted because I couldn't pay rent due to hour cuts. So my coworkers and I are rooming together. So it helped me save up money for presents and stuff. I'm going thru a lot of tests and medicine due to health issues. (Glad I have insurance) Plus my family is so broken. Christmas was supposed to make it better guise. I don't think I'm ready </3

-------------

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:45pm
Part of me said "right on granddaddy!", because I'm trying to make that transition too. But yeah, I understand how you feel. Christmas brings families together, and its just a special time of year. But don't be sad,boo.

Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

Hug

He told me he"d be busy working. My grandma said that she'll help me make it a happy holiday. She just gets very tired easily so it may be stressful. But yeah. It hurts a little. I needed this. Especially after recent events . I almost got evicted because I couldn't pay rent due to hour cuts. So my coworkers and I are rooming together. So it helped me save up money for presents and stuff. I'm going thru a lot of tests and medicine due to health issues. (Glad I have insurance) Plus my family is so broken. Christmas was supposed to make it better guise. I don't think I'm ready </3

Hug Try to enjoy your family time either way and make the best of it. 

Posted By: Over_all
Honestly get the rest of your family on board with what you're doing.. He'll either follow along or stand back looking mad.. And the bible man I won't even go there

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:46pm
:(

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:47pm
i know this is painful but you really should try to flip this and appreciate the good things in your life.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Over_all Over_all wrote:

Honestly get the rest of your family on board with what you're doing.. He'll either follow along or stand back looking mad.. And the bible man I won't even go there

There is no "rest of my family". I don't know my dad. My mom isn't sh*t. And my grandma and granddad are divorced. That's all I know.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:48pm
Christmas isn't even really about the other crap that comes with it.. Santa christmas songs etc.. Its' about your family getting together and enjoying one another...

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:49pm

There is no "rest of my family". I don't know my dad. My mom isn't sh*t. And my grandma and granddad are divorced. That's all I know.
Damn that f$cked up I apologize for the lack of other family members

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:50pm
But he doesn't want to get toghether :(

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:51pm

But he doesn't want to get toghether :(
he can't stop you from coming down

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:51pm
He doesn't even want to come to my birthday dinner.. . My best friend and her mom are paying for that. I told him I'd buy his food but he said no. He hasn't come to my bday dinner since I was 15

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:53pm
I don't wanna grow up

-------------

Buy yourself something nice and go volunteer to feed the hungry on Christmas Day. 

-------------
-Agent Smith

Posted By: yaya24
Is he "losing" it?

You know older people start to get delusional and sh*t.

Sorry he's treating you differently.

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

good. Now kith.

ETA he's been single for like 5 years. Just saying. Hint. He's handsome. Hint

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:54pm

Is he "losing" it?

This is what I was thinking.. This doesn't feel like growth this feels like bitterness

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:55pm
If he doesn't want to even come to your birthday dinner I'd say try finding a way to get him out the house before he can try to say no. If you need someone to talk to I'm here babygirl. Ouch

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

Buy yourself something nice and go volunteer to feed the hungry on Christmas Day. 

This is agood idea. My grandma is gunna help me cook on christmas. Aka I watch her cook.

I feel bad for her. Because she's been tired and sick lately. So my granddad and I would go all out for christmas. And then I'd go see her after and he'd wait in the car or drop me off. And my grandma and I would exchange gifts. She's not a big christmas person. But she's sorta scrambling and throwing ish together for my sake. .

But its not the same

but I'm gunna try to be greatful. .

Even though I have to go to church because she's forcing me . I'm gunna burn yall.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:03pm

Damn that f$cked up I apologize for the lack of other family members

Its ok I'm used to it. :P

Is he "losing" it?

This is what I was thinking.. This doesn't feel like growth this feels like bitterness

Gurllllllll. Lol. That's how I feel. Imma get a life sized north pole set , put it in the house, and say "deal with it". merry fcking christmas.

-------------

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:04pm
damn kid this whole situation just made me sad as hell...smh i cant deal with this at work Cry

-------------

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:08pm

good. Now kith.

im so upset you said kith lmaoHuganyways just give grandpa sometime he'll come around and want to spend time with you.

-------------

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:10pm

awww, that's so sweet how much you love your grand daddy. Maybe yall can start a new tradition like Kwanza or something?
 Noneyons, I  know you were being sincere, but my ass laughed so loud at thisDead

Anyway, OP your grandad is right. Jeremiah 10 2:5...you'll sh!t bricks lol

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:11pm
Yeah, I've learned not to try and force feed the truth. Baby steps...

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:11pm

good. Now kith.

im so upset you said kith lmaoHuganyways just give grandpa sometime he'll come around and want to spend time with you.

I hope so. We used to do eveerything together. Now he just pins me on my BFF or grandma. Last thing we did together was obama's inaugaration in 2008

-------------

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

<FONT size=3 face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Noneyons, I  know you were being sincere, but my ass laughed so loud at thisDead

<FONT size=3 face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">

<FONT size=3 face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Anyway, OP your grandad is right. Jeremiah 10 2:5...you'll sh!t bricks lol

Lmao

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by el_bandido el_bandido wrote:

damn kid this whole situation just made me sad as hell...smh i cant deal with this at work Cry

<FONT size=3 face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Noneyons, I  know you were being sincere, but my ass laughed so loud at thisDead

<FONT size=3 face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Anyway, OP your grandad is right. Jeremiah 10 2:5...you'll sh!t bricks lol

Lol. I said somewhere in here that I don't believe in god nor the bible. So I'd read it and be like "... Oh.. Carry on " *hangs ornaments* lol . But my extremely Christian coworker (I say extreme lightly) said it does say it in the bible. But if ur not celebrating it for pagan reasons it shouldn't matter (whatever that means). And not one fck was given from PRnena that day

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:18pm
He wasn't like this when he was baptist. He been hanging with those Jahova witnesses and 7th day peoples.

He was trying to make me a christian again. This whole no christmas thing is nooootttttt helping his case. I'm just saying.

-------------

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:24pm
Im sowwy to hear thatHug

I know I'd be devastated if my mom cancelled Christmas...then I'd wonder if something was wrong, because despite her readings of the bible, it's steeeeeeeeeeel her favorite holiday.

Awww, if you lived on the west coast, I'd invite you over on Christmas Eve. It'll be okay though. Why not try starting a new tradition, since he's cutting all the old ones?

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:25pm

He wasn't like this when he was baptist. He been hanging with those Jahova witnesses and 7th day peoples.

He was trying to make me a christian again. This whole no christmas thing is nooootttttt helping his case. I'm just saying.
7th day adventist still celebrate christmas LOL Must be those Jehovah Witnesses.. Curse them for not wanting to celebrate that commercialized holiday..

Go be with your family..

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:26pm
For the record, I don't celebrate no damn Kwanza but I made the suggestion because you gotta meet people where they are.LOL

Prena is clearly still clinging to a family tradition so she's not going to be receptive to a drastic chance overnight. If her granddad is learning the truth, let him lead her down that path when she's ready. 

Like I said, babysteps.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:27pm
awww sorry to hear, i know how it is to put all your hopes into something and it don't work out.
like the others said go home and make it a family time and do things together. Good luck and update.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:28pm
LOL @ "cancelling Christmas".. What are y'all like 5 or something.. Big folks don't use such terms. That questionable day will still go on..

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by EasterBell EasterBell wrote:

LOL @ "cancelling Christmas".. What are y'all like 5 or something.. Big folks don't use such terms.

Ermm That's all you can think of to say in this girl's post....?

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:30pm

For the record, I don't celebrate no damn Kwanza but I made the suggestion because you gotta meet people where they are.LOL

Prena is clearly still clinging to a family tradition so she's not going to be receptive to a drastic chance overnight. If her granddad is learning the truth, let him lead her down that path when she's ready. 

Like I said, babysteps.
Actually I laughed cuz Kwanaza is considered the illegitimate child that no one cares for in the holidays departmentLOL

-------------

Like I said, babysteps.

I promise Im not coming for you, but I need to say this:

[rant] I absolutely detest when anyone refers to anyone religious/spiritual belief as "the truth." It reeks of arrogance and elitism and I hate it. Your truth is not my truth is not anyone else's truth, and I feel like the people that say that only do so to convince themselves that they're better than others. [/rant]

Okay, Im doneSleepy

-------------

7th day adventist still celebrate christmas LOL Must be those Jehovah Witnesses.. Curse them for not wanting to celebrate that commercialized holiday..

Go be with your family..

Lol. I told him if he starts knocking on ppls doors not to call me. I think he's looking for something to hold onto (religion wise). And his coworkers are JW so he rolled with it. My grandma and I were like *slow head turn* "... What? "

And its not about the commercialized part. Its more of 18 years of tradition and fellowship. I feel like he's taking the last bit of hope I have. It may not make sense to yall. But you guys don't live my life.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:31pm
She said she's only 18. Plus her grandparents are all the family she has so let her be.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

LOL @ "cancelling Christmas".. What are y'all like 5 or something.. Big folks don't use such terms.

Why, yes, yes it is.. Along with the other post I said prior..

"Cancelling Christmas" sounds like something a little baby would say.. I understand it's tradition for her, but if Granddad don't want nothing to do with it anymore, that still should not be a reason for her to not want to go home.. That day will go on.. It's just how you spend it.. You don't need all that excess stuff (though it is nice) to say that it's Christmas.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:33pm
@Skittles. I feel you. But if we're talking about Biblical truth, the truth according to the Bible is that Christmas is in FACT a pagan holiday.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:34pm
If you don't believe in the Bible, obviously that's not YOUR truth.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:35pm
You can still have a goodtime with you grandad

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:39pm

@Skittles. I feel you. But if we're talking about Biblical truth, the truth according to the Bible is that Christmas is in FACT a pagan holiday.

I know that. I'm aware of Constantine changing sh*t around once he converted to Christianity, and just renamed the already pagan holidays to suit his new beliefs. However, I find it in poor taste (and incredibly stank) to come into Prnena's thread, when she's obviously feeling some sort of way, only to start talking about "the truth," "satan," how she doesnt need to be celebrating Christmas anyways, and all that. 

There are people who dont care about "biblical truth" and still celebrate. There are people who dont identify with any bible based faith, and still celebrate. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:40pm

Thanks neicy. Like I said. U don't live my life boo. And I think I said I don't want to grow up either. I was forced to grow up too fast.

Like I said, babysteps.
<FONT size=3 face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Actually I laughed cuz Kwanaza is considered the illegitimate child that no one cares for in the holidays departmentLOL

Lol. I think we tried kwanza when I was like 8. Yeah. No. Lol

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Like I said, babysteps.

I promise Im not coming for you, but I need to say this:

[rant] I absolutely detest when anyone refers to anyone religious/spiritual belief as "the truth." It reeks of arrogance and elitism and I hate it. Your truth is not my truth is not anyone else's truth, and I feel like the people that say that only do so to convince themselves that they're better than others. [/rant]

Okay, Im doneSleepy

I agree with the bolded.

-------------

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:41pm
Hug

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Yep!

I think granddad did it all these years because u loved it so much! He probably hated it all these years. This year he wants to do things his way.

It hurts but you have to look at it from his perspective too.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:43pm
@Skittles, that's exactly why I decided not to go there (speaking about scriptural truth), and made the suggestion that her family start a new tradition at first. I didn't bring up the Bible until others did. 

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:44pm

Im sowwy to hear thatHug

I know I'd be devastated if my mom cancelled Christmas...then I'd wonder if something was wrong, because despite her readings of the bible, it's steeeeeeeeeeel her favorite holiday.

Awww, if you lived on the west coast, I'd invite you over on Christmas Eve. It'll be okay though. Why not try starting a new tradition, since he's cutting all the old ones?

He sorta handed me over to my grandma so .. Yeah

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:45pm
Hug to Prena

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Elohim_is_Love Elohim_is_Love wrote:

Granddad is gonna do what he wanna do, just hang out with your family and cook a nice dinner and chill.

Granddad is my guardian, my primary caretaker, ect. So it sucks. Plus I stated I really don't have family

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:46pm

@Skittles, that's exactly why I decided not to go there (speaking about scriptural truth), and made the suggestion that her family start a new tradition at first. I didn't bring up the Bible until others did. 

I know, that's why I said I wasnt coming for youLOL

It's just something that I've noticed, and since Im finding any and every excuse not to write this paper, I felt this was the perfect time to address it. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Yep!

I think granddad did it all these years because u loved it so much! He probably hated it all these years. This year he wants to do things his way.

It hurts but you have to look at it from his perspective too.

I'm trying. But he doesn't want to hang out on my bday nor during the holidays. So yeah :(

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:48pm
Handshake

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:49pm

Im sowwy to hear thatHug

He sorta handed me over to my grandma so .. Yeah

HugWell I hope you can make the best of it, and you never know, maybe something miraculous could happen and it'll be the best Christmas of all time!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:57pm
Thanks guys. *sighs*

Happy holidays.

And next year he better fix it .
(If yall can't tell I'm an only child).

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:00pm

Thanks guys. *sighs*

Happy holidays.

And next year he better fix it .
(If yall can't tell I'm an only child).
You're 18.. LOL You will be ok.. Go visit and spend time with him.. You may like it..

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:04pm
Lol for the last time he's not really trying to spend time with me. He's handing me off to my grandma and best friend. .

Le sighs

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:07pm
So you're not staying with him? I thought he just didn't want to do stuff.

You poor baby.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:07pm
I know I'm like , holding on to thin air. All I keep thinking is "we (as a family) have to be ok.. We just have to ". :/

I don't have any other choice.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:09pm

You poor baby.

Nope. I may sleep over for one night. I want to go back to my old room. But I will mostly b at my BFFs house and grandmothers and a family friend.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:10pm

You poor baby.

Nope. I may sleep over for one night. I want to go back to my old room. But I will mostly b at my BFFs house and grandmothers and a family friend.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:14pm
Now I understand your feelings better. I would be heartbroken too.

Talk to him about it when u do see him and let him know you'd love to spend more time with him next time.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:22pm

Now I understand your feelings better. I would be heartbroken too.

Talk to him about it when u do see him and let him know you'd love to spend more time with him next time.

Yeah. It hurts because when I booked my flight I was gunna go home on the 26th. But I thought to myself "nah. That would be messed up to leave right after christmas. I want everything to calm down and then leave 2 days later. So I extended my return date. When I called my granddad saying I'll be home for christmas I wish he would have spoke to me then. You know. ?

Fortunately me being evicted worked out because I have a LOTTTT more money now lol. YOLO. So I'm not too concerned with missing a week of work. Plus I have a wayy better position lined up for me. Starts January 14th. So I'm chillin. But since I have a new job coming up, this will be the last time I can come home for a while :(

-------------

Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:27pm
Giiiirrrrllll. Nothing against Jehovas witnesses but I got the same talk from a guy that was trying to convert our family. UUUuuugghhh. I don't know why people don't see that theres more to Christmas than religion. I mean for some people religion is central to how they celebrate holidays like this BUT you can combine the two but its not necessary.  Christmas is about so much more. Giving gifts, spending time together, having dinner is a way to show the people in your life how much you mean to them and its just for one day. The entire season is filled with fellowship, love, giving etc and this extends to those who are less fortunate. Its a beautiful thing and its a happy time of the year for many people across the world.

I think he is bitter. The bible shouldn't have an impact on the traditions and memories with your fam. Period. Sorry you are going through this. Have a backup plan. If he so desperately wants to push you away then I wouldn't let my holiday be ruined by his bitterness. I would spend it with someone who actually wants to spend it with me. You can still have fun. DON'T LET ANYONE RUIN YOUR HOLIDAY! If Christmas, traditions, memories, family time and all that is important to you, then surround yourself with people who share the same sentiment. Since he is going in another direction, focus on him during another time of the year.

-------------
Cry me a river d*@kface you just got yourself another one!

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:32pm
Wow ... Well said bubbly.

(Still getting him a gift. Doesn't have to be a christmas one).

Did we do a gift thread yet?

-------------

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:07pm

"Cancelling Christmas" sounds like something a little baby would say.. I understand it's tradition for her, but if Granddad don't want nothing to do with it anymore, that still should not be a reason for her to not want to go home.. That day will go on.. It's just how you spend it.. You don't need all that excess stuff (though it is nice) to say that it's Christmas.

I absolutely agree.

Time to grow up sweets. Listen, just like you will hopefully continue to grow and evolve, so does your family. Yes, even older people are constantly changing, in some obvious ways, and some not so obvious.

It may be something so simple as the fact that you are older now, and a.lot pretenses that parents put on when kids are younger, well,.they can be put away as kids age. Holidays are a lot of work and exhausting, and as much as I enjoy my family, I'll be glad when the day comes that it is totally enjoyed for the reason for the season.

Also, is your grandpa aware of your financial difficulties? Maybe he feels that if you were getting evicted you should be saving that ticket and.present cash for a real roof, and not some feeling that you get in the month of december. More than likely he knew you'd be hurt hearing a harsh truth, so he just said he wasn't celebrating.

It sucks to have reality hit at the holidays, I'm actually feeling sorry for you, but I know you'll woman up and work it out. You've proved your resilience time and again.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:12pm

I think you missed the whole point though anyway. It's apparent she's mostly hurt because her grandfather doesn't want to spend any time with her at all while she's there. She said he doesn't even want to spend time with her during her birthday while she's visiting. I'd be pissed too if I were in her position especially if her grandparents are pretty much the only family she has.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

I absolutely agree.

Time to grow up sweets. Listen, just like you will hopefully continue to grow and evolve, so does your family. Yes, even older people are constantly changing, in some obvious ways, and some not so obvious.

It may be something so simple as the fact that you are older now, and a.lot pretenses that parents put on when kids are younger, well,.they can be put away as kids age. Holidays are a lot of work and exhausting, and as much as I enjoy my family, I'll be glad when the day comes that it is totally enjoyed for the reason for the season.

Also, is your grandpa aware of your financial difficulties? Maybe he feels that if you were getting evicted you should be saving that ticket and.present cash for a real roof, and not some feeling that you get in the month of december. More than likely he knew you'd be hurt hearing a harsh truth, so he just said he wasn't celebrating.

It sucks to have reality hit at the holidays, I'm actually feeling sorry for you, but I know you'll woman up and work it out. You've proved your resilience time and again.

Nope. He doesn't know. I don't wanna stress him out. My landlord called my grandmother tho. Like wtf ? But. That's another thread lol.

-------------

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:18pm
aw we share a Bday

Go home, and set up xmas anyway.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:20pm
She woulda called my granddad. But his phone is cut off

-------------

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:20pm
Hun, they know, trust me. They know you're struggling.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

aw we share a Bday

Go home, and set up xmas anyway.

Told yall I'm renting a winter wonderland set. May even hit up my homie santa at the mall. Lol

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by dreamz dreamz wrote:

Hun, they know, trust me. They know you're struggling.

Lol. Of course. But my granddad doesn't know everything. I told him I subleased because rents too high and got a roommate. and he was excited for me. . I'll tell him what really happend at my wedding

-------------

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:10pm
Thanks for posting PRanea. I'm  hella late. Sorry this had to happen to you! I would be upset too. You should tell him how this makes you feel maybe he will change his mind. 

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow][/URL]
   <a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com" target="_b

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

Thanks for posting PRanea. I'm  hella late. Sorry this had to happen to you! I would be upset too. You should tell him how this makes you feel maybe he will change his mind. 

I tried. No luck. I think he's depressed

-------------

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:16pm

I think he's depressed

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhCry

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 6:14pm
Make him a family photo album .  Witness luv christmas gifts . Trust me . CryHug

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 6:34pm
Hug

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:15pm
You're such a strong person especially at your age 

-------------
yo

Posted By: Gia2009
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:15pm

Originally posted by Gia2009 Gia2009 wrote:

I tried. No luck. I think he's depressed

That may be. What I would do was when he was out of the house. Set up a Christmas tree, light, the whole nine yards, put on some christmas music, something happy like, Rudolph the Red Nose Raindeer(sp?) and surprise him when he gets home. Put some gifts under the tree. You just have to try and get him in the holiday spirit!! That should do the trick!!

eta: I just went back and read most of this thread. I feel so sorry you have to go through all of this. If you lived close I'd be your family and we could have celebrated Christmas together.

I hope you granddad comes to his senses and understand how much this means to you.

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow][/URL]
   <a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com" target="_b

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 7:52pm
Honestly PR, it kind of sounds like your grandad may just be tired. Sometimes older people get tired of tradition. I think it may be deeper than him just "seeing the light". But I think it would be a good idea if you  visit anyways though, just try to be patient with him and enjoy each others company and dont stress over the small details Smile.

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:27pm

It was about over for you anyways, you grown now.

Print Page | Close Window