Print Page | Close Window

Safest Way to Sell Hair??

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=352016
Printed Date: Oct 17 2018 at 5:36pm


Topic: Safest Way to Sell Hair??
Posted By: Super22Star
Subject: Safest Way to Sell Hair??
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:36pm
Hey BHMers,
 
I have a quick question...with all the scamming that's been going on lately what is the safest way to sell hair? (as far as M2M) I have some lovely hair I would like to get rid of but I'm so scared to try to sell it here with all the recent scamming that's been going on. 
 
Would EBAY be any safer than selling it here? Is there anyway to limit my paypal to only credit/debit card payments? I know they could always try to do a chargeback but can't I take pics of my packages, insure them and get DC to safeguard from this?  TIA for any suggestions!Wink
 
 
 
Star


-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~



Replies:
Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:42pm
I think postal money orders are the safest way to sell but not the safest way to buy.
I would suggest only selling it to someone you know and trust on the forum.


-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!


Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:45pm
Giiiiiiirrrrlllllll. Just sell to me.


Posted By: scox89
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 7:45pm
idk but i wish all these scamming heifas would move on! Dont make the good suffer for the badCry ive found TOO many wonderful hair items in m2m for people to stop selling down there... im about to purchase a wig now OuchOuchOuchLOL


Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:02pm
I know right...I use to have no problems selling hair on here...now I'm so scared of getting scammed. I spend to much money on my hair for all that and it's not like I sell it sky high. I always give really good discounts on my hair.
 
Some of these chics just be wanting FREE hair regardless...SMH LOL


-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~


Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:25pm
The safest way to sell hair is out of your car trunk. What I see is what u get, cash-n-carry.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com


Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

Hey BHMers,
 

I have a quick question...with all the scamming that's been going on lately what is the safest way to sell hair? (as far as M2M) I have some lovely hair I would like to get rid of but I'm so scared to try to sell it here with all the recent scamming that's been going on. 

 

Would EBAY be any safer than selling it here? Is there anyway to limit my paypal to only credit/debit card payments? I know they could always try to do a chargeback but can't I take pics of my packages, insure them and get DC to safeguard from this?  TIA for any suggestions!Wink

 

 

 

Star



Accept cash balanced or bank transfer only. Downgrade to a basic pp acct that camnot accept cc payments so that u don't have a chargeback risk.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com


Posted By: pinkdiemond
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:35pm
wants to know what is being "possibly" sold....

taps pm button.....

is this thing on?




-------------
Janice 3:16 For Janice so loved the world she gave her only begotten hair that whoever believes in Her shall not perish but have everlasting virginity


Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:45am
LOL I forgot about that part...I have around 10ozs of low luster Arj.uni 3C and 3 brand new bundles of Mane Depot Brazilian wavy/curly. I'm selling because I have something very important to take care of right quick.
 
I'm about to co-wash it all and get it picture perfect for however I end up selling it.


-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~


Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:02am
If you have any yaki/textured hair...SELL IT TO ME. LOL

-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length


Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

LOL I forgot about that part...I have around 10ozs of low luster Arj.uni 3C and 3 brand new bundles of Mane Depot Brazilian wavy/curly. I'm selling because I have something very important to take care of right quick.
 

I'm about to co-wash it all and get it picture perfect for however I end up selling it.


Checks bank account......


Posted By: NoleLady12
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

LOL I forgot about that part...I have around 10ozs of low luster Arj.uni 3C and 3 brand new bundles of Mane Depot Brazilian wavy/curly. I'm selling because I have something very important to take care of right quick.
 

I'm about to co-wash it all and get it picture perfect for however I end up selling it.


Checks bank account......
LOLLOL Me too


Posted By: Memphisbaby
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

LOL I forgot about that part...I have around 10ozs of low luster Arj.uni 3C and 3 brand new bundles of Mane Depot Brazilian wavy/curly. I'm selling because I have something very important to take care of right quick.
 
I'm about to co-wash it all and get it picture perfect for however I end up selling it.

Definitely would like to see the Mane Depot stash.  


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Memphisbaby Memphisbaby wrote:

Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

LOL I forgot about that part...I have around 10ozs of low luster Arj.uni 3C and 3 brand new bundles of Mane Depot Brazilian wavy/curly. I'm selling because I have something very important to take care of right quick.
 
I'm about to co-wash it all and get it picture perfect for however I end up selling it.

Definitely would like to see the Mane Depot stash.  
 
okayyy
post that ish LOL
and the lengths


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:16pm
Sadly the safest way to sell is not to sell. Pp ain't good for nothing but collecting their fees and letting the buyer get away with scamming

-------------


Posted By: ShadeTree
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 3:20am
i didn't know sellers had to worry now. anyone care to explain what buyers are doing?
how can a seller not  get their money when using Paypal?


Posted By: TexasPearl22
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:33am
Mane depot you say.....when you posting pics Miss Lady

-------------
"Vision without execution is hallucination."


Posted By: debg
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:43am
Originally posted by ShadeTree ShadeTree wrote:

i didn't know sellers had to worry now. anyone care to explain what buyers are doing?
how can a seller not  get their money when using Paypal?


weve had a coupla ppl buy hair  then do a chargeback.  in the chargeback they say the hair is underweight or shorted on length............ shedding and falling apart.......... they send photos to try to win the chargeback that do NOT look like the same things the seller shows photos that they sent

soooooooooooo.......... the buyer who is doing the chargeback claiming all these bad things shows up in M2M  trying to sell the hair and they rave about its quality and say the exact opposite of what they claim for the chargeback

they do not send back the hair to the seller so they try to double dip by winning the chargeback and also selling the hair

its a scam and its happened more than once around here





Posted By: NoleLady12
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:03pm
WOW smh

People will do anything...


Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by TexasPearl22 TexasPearl22 wrote:

Mane depot you say.....when you posting pics Miss Lady


-------------
Educate before speculate..............


Posted By: SweetEscape
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by scox89 scox89 wrote:

idk but i wish all these scamming heifas would move on! Dont make the good suffer for the bad...

I agree! It also makes it hard for newer members like myself to make a purchase.


Posted By: NoleLady12
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by SweetEscape SweetEscape wrote:

Originally posted by scox89 scox89 wrote:

idk but i wish all these scamming heifas would move on! Dont make the good suffer for the bad...

I agree! It also makes it hard for newer members like myself to make a purchase.
Exactly


Posted By: peete728
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 12:31pm
You can list it on Ebay, they do charge a listing fee, but Ebay don't play when it comes to scamming, Should there be an issue with the buyer, the buyer will have to send the item back with a tracking number and delivery confirmation before a refund is giving through paypal.  I sell alot on ebay and had someone try to get over on me saying that the item wasn't  what was in the description, well once I got through reading her the rules and what was expected ( send me the item back in the condition that you received it, and pay for shipping per ebays rules) she left me alone. 


Posted By: ShadeTree
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by debg debg wrote:

Originally posted by ShadeTree ShadeTree wrote:

i didn't know sellers had to worry now. anyone care to explain what buyers are doing?
how can a seller not  get their money when using Paypal?


weve had a coupla ppl buy hair  then do a chargeback.  in the chargeback they say the hair is underweight or shorted on length............ shedding and falling apart.......... they send photos to try to win the chargeback that do NOT look like the same things the seller shows photos that they sent

soooooooooooo.......... the buyer who is doing the chargeback claiming all these bad things shows up in M2M  trying to sell the hair and they rave about its quality and say the exact opposite of what they claim for the chargeback

they do not send back the hair to the seller so they try to double dip by winning the chargeback and also selling the hair

its a scam and its happened more than once around here





My my my. People selling their souls for some hair these days.


Posted By: ShadeTree
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by peete728 peete728 wrote:

You can list it on Ebay, they do charge a listing fee, but Ebay don't play when it comes to scamming, Should there be an issue with the buyer, the buyer will have to send the item back with a tracking number and delivery confirmation before a refund is giving through paypal.  I sell alot on ebay and had someone try to get over on me saying that the item wasn't  what was in the description, well once I got through reading her the rules and what was expected ( send me the item back in the condition that you received it, and pay for shipping per ebays rules) she left me alone. 


Ebay seems like the safest bet to me.
People are going to need to start attaching rfid chips to the hair for proof.


Posted By: scoobie1005
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:29pm
I sell on EBAY and the chargebacks do not outweigh the legitimate sales. Most chargebacks are reversed after they complete their investigation. Just make sure to get delivery confirmation on every order you ship and take out the insurance for items purchased over $250.



Print Page | Close Window