Print Page | Close Window

MTA Subway Rant

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351982
Printed Date: Oct 16 2019 at 9:15am

Topic: MTA Subway Rant
Posted By: _leah
Subject: MTA Subway Rant
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:19am
I may get e-stoned for this but. 

1) I am going to need people to stop using methods of mass transit (public transportation bridges etc) as suicide tools. 

2) I'm going to need transit workers to be better equip to handle these situations much more efficiently. There is no reason I should be stuck underground for an hour and a half. 

rant done

-------------
"lol thats not BABY hair , thats grown up hair , that moved out into a place of her own with childern ."

By the grace of God, I am a complete woman.

Replies:
Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:24am
no stoning here love

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:27am
My mom was stuck on the train the other day bc someone jumped in front of the L train.

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Chyna_Li Chyna_Li wrote:

no stoning here love

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:30am

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 8:30am
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

My mom was stuck on the train the other day bc someone jumped in front of the L train.

i was on the L train forever this morning.. 

I only used the disclaimer because i know people are sensitive about sh*t on here I'm assuming suicide is one of those things

-------------
"lol thats not BABY hair , thats grown up hair , that moved out into a place of her own with childern ."

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by _leah _leah wrote:

Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

i was on the L train forever this morning.. 

I only used the disclaimer because i know people are sensitive about sh*t on here I'm assuming suicide is one of those things
Damn, u know its the holidays. The number one time of year where people commit suicide

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:02am
I guess the most considerate way to kill ur self is to OD on sleeping pills in your own bed.

what say you bhm?

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:05am
ugh i feel sick just thinking about being stuck underground. omgosh i cant breathe..

-------------

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:40am
Leah yeah that was inconsiderate. How do you know someone committed suicide tho? Maybe someone was sick or died or got pushed again (copycat type thing) or another crime? Either way, I guess you feel your time is worth more than someone's suffereing/pain that pushed them to kill themself...or if they're suffering from mental illness or whatever.

I know it's not the best situation to be stuck underground for all that time, but that was/is a human life...

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:49am
this is what we were told by the conductor. That's why I said I might get e-stoned and i'm not saying that my time is worth more than any one's life but I also don't agree with suicide so 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:53am

this is what we were told by the conductor. That's why I said I might get e-stoned and i'm not saying that my time is worth more than any one's life but I also don't agree with suicide so 
lmao at agreeing with suicide...Jezuz...help the churren.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:55am
And the conductor had no business telling you that either. But whatever. I just hope and pray that anyone in that mindstate get's help. And I would spend 10hrs underground to have saved that persons life...

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:56am
It's okay to think that suicide isn't right, obviously it's not a good thing, but I don't think anyone should take their own life. I just have a personal belief that that shouldn't be the route to take. And i've dealt with suicide and had family members take their own life so I understand but i think it's selfish honestly. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:58am

It's okay to think that suicide isn't right, obviously it's not a good thing, but I don't think anyone should take their own life. I just have a personal belief that that shouldn't be the route to take. And i've dealt with suicide and had family members take their own life so I understand but i think it's selfish honestly. 
Yes it is selfish, but some people feel there is no other option. I don't think it is an easy thing to do, especially to jump in front of a train.

I just can't imagine thinking about my time, AFTER I heard someone killed themself in that manor, but maybe that's just me.

-------------

Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:19am
<---- Avoids subway at all cost.

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:14am
i've been stuck on the train before because someone jumped in front of another train. it totally knocks your day off balance. And of course the conductor should tell you, who wants to sit on a train in the middle of the tunnel for hours and not know whats happening. If you know whats happening then you'll be more sympathetic.
But @leah, you had to wait though?!Shocked Usually they make arrangements to bypass the problem. Like shuttle buses or rerouting other trains so you can get to where you going.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:18am

Saying there is a medical emergency or a criminal investigation is one thing...someone jumped in front of the train, another. Tech until there is an investigation, the conductor is only speculating anyway.

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

I guess the most considerate way to kill ur self is to OD on sleeping pills in your own bed.

what say you bhm?

Actually yeah. Please keep your death to yourself.

This same thing happened in SF one day and I was reprimanded for being late bc all this employer cared about was why I wasn't resourceful enough to leave for work earlier.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:23am
I was stuck in DC for a day (as a tourist) because of someone jumping in front of the train. They were shut down for an hour and they started running the city buses for free so we decided to take those. We were riding those things for hourrsss. Didn't know where the hell we we were going.

-------------
There's power in your rolling hills. - My Aunt Jill

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:27am
SMH, how crowded was your train ?

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:30am
Idk maybe it's just me, I guess I'm senstive to the human condition. Just reading the post, I instantly thought of what that person was feeling right before. What the conductor driving the train must've felt running over the person. Then the family who I"m sure is receiving the news this morning that their loved one (if they even had any) died in such a violent manor...I wouldn't have thought about the time I spent in the train...

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:41am
Girl the train was crowded as fu ck, and you know how new yorkers get when they are late there was a lot of groaning and moaning on the platform then a fight because everyone couldn't fit into the ONE train going into the city. It was dreadful. and it's not about not caring about another human but its just one of those inconsiderate things IMO being selfish not thinking about what you are doing affecting others because you are so consumed in self. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:48am

Girl the train was crowded as fu ck, and you know how new yorkers get when they are late there was a lot of groaning and moaning on the platform then a fight because everyone couldn't fit into the ONE train going into the city. It was dreadful. and it's not about not caring about another human but its just one of those inconsiderate things IMO being selfish not thinking about what you are doing affecting others because you are so consumed in self
Does anyone see the irony in the last line? LOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:49am
there's no irony in worrying about getting to work on time. My actions weren't affecting anyone. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:55am

there's no irony in worrying about getting to work on time. My actions weren't affecting anyone. 

The irony is...you weren't concerned with the person, you were consumed by what you had to do & where you had to go... In addition, you weren't concerned that someone who may have lost a loved one in this manor, may see this and the lack of empathy...and it could bring up those feelings/memories...

being inconvenienced by someone killing him/herself, imo is callous, and I def wouldn't post a "rant" thread stating that, but we're all different.

You stated how you feel, I've stated how I feel...it is what it is.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:57am
I think it's fair to agree to disagree. 

Yes it is said when someone loses a life no matter how it happens but its like watching the news and someone gets hurt you do feel a tinge of sadness and a moment of humility due to an incident but that doesn't stop you from going on about your day either. I still had to go on with my day which was being thrown off because of an incident. 

-------------

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:58am
My time is def worth more than someone who wants to die.
I'm not about to worry about someone who doesn't want to be here.
People need to kill themselves at home.
I especially can't stand the people who take others with them. 

-------------

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:58am
What a prick. Who is that person to suffer in pain, a pain in which they felt the only way he or she could find peace was to jump in front of a train. I hate inconsiderate people who suffer for so long then decide to to mess up everyone's happy commute to work by jumping in front of a train and possibly being squashed and decapitated. What douches. I hope your ass stays on that train for 2 more hours seated down while a fat man standing over u reads his daily news, stuffs a bagel down his throat and breaths his hot breath on your scalp.

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:59am
And my rant is moreso that this happens often and MTA needs to do something to better work with these incidents when they happen

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

What a prick. Who is that person to suffer in pain, a pain in which they felt the only way he or she could find peace was to jump in front of a train. I hate inconsiderate people who suffer for so long then decide to to mess up everyone's happy commute to work by jumping in front of a train and possibly being squashed and decapitated. What douches. I hope your ass stays on that train for 2 more hours seated down while a fat man standing over u reads his daily news, stuffs a bagel down his throat and breaths his hot breath on your scalp.
ClapLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:01pm
So if Leah missed some mandatory training course for work and was fired, should she just shrug it off like, "oh well someone's family is having a worse day than me so I'm still blessed."

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:02pm

And my rant is moreso that this happens often and MTA needs to do something to better work with these incidents when they happen
like what? Drive the train with the peson's body parts still attached to the train? They have to clean up/remove the body...Let me log off cause this feels like I'm posting in an alternate universe.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

So if Leah missed some mandatory training course for work and was fired, should she just shrug it off like, "oh well someone's family is having a worse day than me so I'm still blessed."

meh i was brought up to have compassion so meh meh migity meh

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

like what? Drive the train with the peson's body parts still attached to the train? They have to clean up/remove the body...Let me log off cause this feels like I'm posting in an alternate universe.

For real that's why I don't really mess with BHM too much like that. I pop in pop out sell a wig then I'm out.

Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

meh i was brought up to have compassion so meh meh migity meh

I don't see how the two are exclusive. You can have compassion and still feel that your survival is more important than someone who is no longer here considering you're the one who has to live without a job.

No she should come on a hair site and complain to all of us about her 1hr delay because someone killed themself...that's a better idea...

And there is no hypothetical sitiuation needed...someone died, she was late an hour...

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:05pm
People jump in front of trains because they're assholes who wants to up peoples day.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:05pm
how does it lack compassion, I don't know this person, yes someone lost their life, and it's sad but like i said, it's equivalent to watching the news and seeing someone lose their life, do you wrap your whole day around it? No.

-------------

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:06pm

It would have made a pretty solid excuse when you arrived though.  If you still get fired, that employer is...doing too much. 

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:09pm

No she should come on a hair site and complain to all of us about her 1hr delay because someone killed themself...that's a better idea...

And there is no hypothetical sitiuation needed...someone died, she was late an hour...

Someone on that train could've been trying to make it in time to see their child born or someone dying in the hospital or a job interview. She wasn't the only one there.

The scenario I brought up did almost happen to me and luckily I was able to talk myself out of it. Felt like I was walking on egg shells everyday after that.

I don't lack compassion, hell I cry watching the news but, some peoples actions can create serious consequences for others.

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:10pm

how does it lack compassion, I don't know this person, yes someone lost their life, and it's sad but like i said, it's equivalent to watching the news and seeing someone lose their life, do you wrap your whole day around it? No.

Like I said it just might. I guess I just don't see things like others/most do. If I were on the train that the person jumped in front of..it would disturb me greatly/impact me. I was born and raised in NY and I know we have a way of looking at things and keeping it moving, but you can't lose the human side of you. Someone today, at this very moment, their life has changed because of the incident you lost your hr in...that's all I'm saying. Now if 1hr ment more to you than that person's life...then that's for you and your spirit to deal with.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:12pm
And another thing...close to like 2k people have chosen to make the golden gate bridge their final destination. Everytime this happens it is a clusterfk. Now they're in the process of funding a suicide barrier that will cost $50 million. That money is comin from somewhere...and the people who choose to kill themselves will just decide to jump off a different bridge instead.

Posted By: beautiful-stranger
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:16pm
Well damn maybe I'm just cold hearted but this kind of stuff happens so often now, I live in NYC so I see it, that you kind of become desensitized to it. If someone decides "hey, I don't want to be here" any more that's their choice, my life has to go on.

-------------
Ain't no body got time fo dat.

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:17pm

Girl the train was crowded as fu ck, and you know how new yorkers get when they are late there was a lot of groaning and moaning on the platform then a fight because everyone couldn't fit into the ONE train going into the city. It was dreadful. and it's not about not caring about another human but its just one of those inconsiderate things IMO being selfish not thinking about what you are doing affecting others because you are so consumed in self. 

I would have had a panic/asthma attack. I don't carry an inhaler. I'm happy i take the Metro North to work now.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:40pm

And another thing...close to like 2k people have chosen to make the golden gate bridge their final destination. Everytime this happens it is a clusterfk. Now they're in the process of funding a suicide barrier that will cost $50 million. That money is comin from somewhere...and the people who choose to kill themselves will just decide to jump off a different bridge instead.

I was thinking that the U.S. needed more stations like this when I saw it.  I think we do have some but not alot.  I don't know that this is a suicide barrier but....perhaps it could help prevent train suicides.

*Chatelet station Paris for anyone wondering where this is*

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:44pm
...and let me add that train jumping....to me speaks of i've reached my limit.  it's not something premeditated...for the most part.  IMO.  kinda like you're standing there u see the train is coming and just ....fucc it all. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:46pm
That train looks like the ones they have in airports. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 1:48pm
^^^^^^I knew I had seen one stateside before.  I was going to JFK i believe.  Thank u Sang.  I couldn't remember for the life of me.

-------------

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:07pm
Damn...that would be a cold way to go out, though. Jumping in front of a train? SMH.

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 4:46pm

Leah yeah that was inconsiderate. How do you know someone committed suicide tho? Maybe someone was sick or died or got pushed again (copycat type thing) or another crime? Either way, I guess you feel your time is worth more than someone's suffereing/pain that pushed them to kill themself...or if they're suffering from mental illness or whatever.

I know it's not the best situation to be stuck underground for all that time, but that was/is a human life...
some train operators tell you, if not u see it on the news anyway. They told my mom. When my bf's friends's sister fall between the train cars, they told everyone

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 11:58pm

yeah, that's twice in less than 2 weeks on the same train line.

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:05am

i understand where u are coming from

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:06am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I was thinking that the U.S. needed more stations like this when I saw it.  I think we do have some but not alot.  I don't know that this is a suicide barrier but....perhaps it could help prevent train suicides.

aint nobody paying for that shat.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:07am
you are not selfish at all OP.

sux

-------------

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:13am

I may get e-stoned for this but. 

1) I am going to need people to stop using methods of mass transit (public transportation bridges etc) as suicide tools. 

2) I'm going to need transit workers to be better equip to handle these situations much more efficiently. There is no reason I should be stuck underground for an hour and a half. 

rant done

I so don't miss NY...I remember those days..I would literally have to fight back anxiety attacks after being stuck on the A train, in a crowded car and no air, for an hour and a half or longer. I finally had to move out of the city and into N. NJ...it was too much LOL

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:13am

Saying there is a medical emergency or a criminal investigation is one thing...someone jumped in front of the train, another. Tech until there is an investigation, the conductor is only speculating anyway.

the person who jumped in front of a train- decided to make their death "public knowledge"

the option of privacy was voided by them-- not the conductor.

-------------

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:17am
yea ppl are always trying to jump off of the golden gate bridge. 

i actually met this guy, he was the only person who jumped and survived. he broke like beaucoup bones though 

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:26am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

yea ppl are always trying to jump off of the golden gate bridge. 

i actually met this guy, he was the only person who jumped and survived. he broke like beaucoup bones though 

i remember when that happened...the guy was bipolar.  the gg bridge is set up like the brooklyn bridge b/c you can ride your bike or walk across it.  he claimed he wouldn't have jumped if there was some type of suicide barrier there...hence dozens of millions of dollars being raised to fund this.  if you go to the gg bridge to commit suicide it is premeditated...the ppl who know there is a barrier will just find another place.  so stupid.  this federally funded $50 could go towards education or healthcare in california.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:26am
^^^^^was he happy he survived?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:27am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

aint nobody paying for that shat.

LOL  I was just sayin'.

-------------

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:28am
@newdiva, yes he supposedly had an epiphany and was a whole new positive, happy person  

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:30am
lmao at If there was a barrier I wouldn't have jumped?
so the only thing that made him want to kill himself was the freedom of space?

yup...nothing wrong w/ that at all.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:33am
@nycD. "da fucc is this?...I can't jump off the bridge? well fucc ya'll.   I'll go home and take care of this.  take that."  smh. folks tryna kill themselve will find a way.

@coconess.  interesting.....I guess a close call can do that for u.

-------------

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:02am
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

I was stuck in DC for a day (as a tourist) because of someone jumping in front of the train. They were shut down for an hour and they started running the city buses for free so we decided to take those. We were riding those things for hourrsss. Didn't know where the hell we we were going.

Metro is some ish. They decided to do track work on Veteran's Day in the morning...in the nation's capital. Smh. I was mad about that and was about to miss my bus.

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:20am
You can have compassion for thr fact that someone lost their life AND still be against public suicides that traumatize witnesses/bystanders.

Print Page | Close Window