Print Page | Close Window

in cracker news, tennis player imitates serena wil

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351932
Printed Date: Oct 20 2018 at 5:37am

Topic: in cracker news, tennis player imitates serena wil
Posted By: bunzaveli
Subject: in cracker news, tennis player imitates serena wil
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:06am
Caroline Wozniacki (Tennis Player) Imitates Serena Williams During Match By Stuffing Bra & Azz!

Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:13am
wow!

they probably wont even discipline her though

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:15am
hmm if a black person wanted to wear a blonde wig during a tennis match they would create all sort of citations against.. and cudn't see the vid btw

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:16am
TL;DNC

-------------
are siggys back?

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:17am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

wow!

nope cuz when she cries the white women tearsCry.. they will hold them up as liquid diamonds and tell her to apologize. .and she will say that she is sorry and didn't mean to offend.Sleepy

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:18am
W-... why would you even do that??

Terrible sportsmanship.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

W-... why would you even do that??

Terrible sportsmanship.

now im really madAngry.. the people in charge of the tennis tournament was in on it also for playing that riri song.. ohhh this makes my blood boil.. white girl mad cuz she wasn't naturally blessed with a womens body, but instead has butt that is inclined.. FOH

-------------

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:21am
novak djokovic imitates other tennis players all the time. But at least he does it while the other players are there. This is just stupid and insulting.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:27am
this was not her first time doing this imitation either

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:28am
This makes me very uncomfortable. Maybe I'm overreacting, but this woman might as well have painted herself black and pranced around like that.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:29am
bunz fix your sh*t

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:33am

bunz fix your sh*t

lol his innanez is brokeLOL

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:36am

Bunz..........what wrong with cho stuff mayne?   I had to youtube it.

and on that note......fugg dat bish.  She wish she had Serena's ass.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:39am
I wouldn't want to piss Serena Williams off doe...

-------------
- solo

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:41am
sloppy 

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 8:15am
dang i fixed it, someone pass me a L 

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 8:32am
:dwillpause:

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:31am
That was rude as hell. It wasn't even funny. What a b!tch. That fact that everyone is sitting there and laughing makes a complete mockery of tennis.

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:55am
No need to get upset y'all. Obviously, she's the one that has to live with a flat chest and ass. She'd have to do better than that to be LIKE an international tennis star....Serena, i.e.Tongue

ETA: I dont think she was tryna be funny either. It was not even necessary. I did take it as a direct insult to Serena.

-------------

Posted By: miamiu1127
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:55am

That wasn't funny at all.

-------------
I don't got to be fly, I'm fly in my pockets.

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:57am
epic fail.
found nothing funny with this

Posted By: Soratachi
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:53am

Her ugly self needs to take several seats.

Did she accomplish anything with her life thats comparable to Serana's accomplishment??

-------------
http://images58.fotki.com/v154/photos/7/1850227/11141506/DSC00292-vi.jpg" rel="nofollow - My Natural 4b/c Bun

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:59am
i didnt watch the vid. 

did serena come on? i wonder if she got upset or if shes just gonna ignore it? 

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:05am
I didn't know a ig butt and nice boobs was something to make fun of

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:31am
and they say we are the ones jealous 

Posted By: Maple Syrup
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:49am
meh, she's not the first player to imitate Serena and I doubt Serena even cares.

-------------
I don't like you human
You remind me of the things I hate in me
I don't like you human
Cause you show me how imperfect I can be
Human
You're so lonely lonely lonely
Human

-Human, Oh Land

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:52am
Notice inferior Whites resort to racial "jokes" when intimidated by superior Black people

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:01pm
Serena should prance around in a cardboard box during her next match. See how Wozniaki likes that 

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:06pm

Salty ass heffas !

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:10pm

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:16pm
Stank bitch.
I bet she'd quit tennis before she ever saw Serena on the court again. Out of the 7 or 8 times she's played her, Serena has waxed that ass like a surf board all but once. And even then, it was a reaaaal close match. Bitch is mad, real mad. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: iNFATUATE
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:16pm
Did she win?...... I know she was parading around in that L but did she win the match?

Why y'all can't let her dream?LOL

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:18pm
Ermm

-------------

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by iNFATUATE iNFATUATE wrote:

Did she win?...... I know she was parading around in that L but did she win the match?

Why y'all can't let her dream?LOL

this. if you didn't win the match then you look like an even bigger fool. 

and how many Wimbelon, French Open, US Opens, etc....has chick won in comparison to Serena?

chile boo.....

Posted By: foxynole
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 8:12pm
exactly

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 8:54pm
she can stay mad

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:03pm
white ppl..

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:23pm
5 star for the use of cracker in the title

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by solo solo wrote:

I wouldn't want to piss Serena Williams off doe...

serena will rip her apart I can't wait for her response to thios tomfoolry

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:50am
i really hope 2012 is the end of their domination.

I recently read that yt people are now a minority in LONDON....image

-------------

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

That's a lie.

According to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_for_National_Statistics" rel="nofollow - Office for National Statistics , based on 2006 estimates, 69.4 percent of the 7.5 million inhabitants of London were http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people" rel="nofollow - White , with 58 percent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_British" rel="nofollow - White British , 2.5 percent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Briton" rel="nofollow - White Irish and 8.9 percent classified as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Other_%28United_Kingdom_Census%29" rel="nofollow - Other White . Some 13.1 percent are of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Asian" rel="nofollow - South Asian descent, with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Indian" rel="nofollow - Indians making up 6.5 percent of London's population, followed by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Bangladeshi" rel="nofollow - Bangladeshis and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Pakistanis" rel="nofollow - Pakistanis at 2.3 percent each. 2 percent are categorised as "Other Asian". 10.7 percent of London's population are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_British" rel="nofollow - Black , with around 5.5 percent being http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_migration_to_the_United_Kingdom" rel="nofollow - Black African , 4.3 percent as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_African-Caribbean_community" rel="nofollow - Black Caribbean and 0.7 percent as "Other Black". 3.5 percent of Londoners are of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Mixed" rel="nofollow - mixed race ; 1.5 percent are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Chinese" rel="nofollow - Chinese ; and 1.9 percent belong to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_ethnic_group_%28United_Kingdom_Census%29" rel="nofollow - another ethnic group . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_London#cite_note-2006_ethnicity-6" rel="nofollow - [6] In January 2005, a survey of London's ethnic and religious diversity claimed that there were more than 300 languages spoken and 50 non-indigenous communities with a population of more than 10,000 in London

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_London#Ethnicity

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Posted By: Becky
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:14am
People have been making fun of Serena and Venus ... for years. They do the same thing to Obama.

To their credit though ... they have never say a word.

You have to take the high road on ridicule like this because responding to it - just gives it more credence and more exposure.

Take a lesson folks. Confused

Move on.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:17am
sod off you..

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:37am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

People have been making fun of Serena and Venus ... for years. They do the same thing to Obama.

You have to take the high road on r<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-: NL; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">idicule like this because responding to it - just gives it more <SPAN style="COLOR: black; mso-ansi-: EN-CA" lang=EN-CA>credence and </SPAN></SPAN>more exposure.

Move on.

now that i got my initial feelings out of the way,

do you and people like you ever pause to think that the abuse they receive is purely based on the colour of their skin?

eh?

probably not..

do you and people like you ever pause to think that maybe people like serena and barack and other people of colour in their position would love to respond to these people directly?

eh?

probably not..

do you and people like you ever pause to think that the only way they can respond to these people is on the court or boardroom because by the mere fact that they are black, their responses (which would be justified) would be unfairly judged and probably labeled uncouth?

probably not

do you also consider that because they are black they are aware of unfair burden of representing their entire race on their shoulders hence taking the high road because they are black?

probably not

how dare you try and tell us to move the fucck on and learn something from them when they are hardly in a position to express themselves freely without fear of being stereotyped and judged? let us express our umbrage and the unfair treatment they receive on their behalf..

fucck you very much

fucck you very very very much

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 3:45am

You have to take the high road on r<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-: NL; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">idicule like this because responding to it - just gives it more <SPAN style="COLOR: black; mso-ansi-: EN-CA" lang=EN-CA>credence and </SPAN></SPAN>more exposure.

Move on.

do you and people like you ever pause to think that the abuse they receive is purely based on the colour of their skin?

eh?

probably not..

do you and people like you ever pause to think that maybe people like serena and barack and other people of colour in their position would love to respond to these people directly?

eh?

probably not..

do you and people like you ever pause to think that the only way they can respond to these people is on the court or boardroom because by the mere fact that they are black, their responses (which would be justified) would be unfairly judged and probably labeled uncouth?

probably not

do you also consider that because they are black they are aware of unfair burden of representing their entire race on their shoulders hence taking the high road because they are black?

probably not

how dare you try and tell us to move the fucck on and learn something from them when they are hardly in a position to express themselves freely without fear of being stereotyped and judged? let us express our umbrage and the unfair treatment they receive on their behalf..

fucck you very much

afro you know u just eloquently ethered her.. dangLOL

-------------

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:08am

Move on.

eh?

probably not..

eh?

probably not..

probably not

probably not

fucck you very much

I just came in to say......ClapClapThumbs UpClap......k, I'm going to bed now. LOL

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

Excellent..

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:24am

Move on.

eh?

probably not..

eh?

probably not..

probably not

probably not

fucck you very much

I say gat damn ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I say gat damn ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

where do you find this sh*t?!

-------------

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:57am
Can't beat em, so make fun of them...white folk been doing this for centuries aint nothin new

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 10:39am
got dayum

jr.

-------------

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:01am
I have so many unanswered questions....I need a translator.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by <font color='#0000FF'>http://www.racialicious.com/2012/12/12/serena-williams-is-not-a-costume/ rel=nofollow</font> - Racialicious http://www.racialicious.com/2012/12/12/serena-williams-is-not-a-costume/ rel=nofollow - Racialicious wrote:

]

Serena Williams Is Not A Costume

By Guest Contributor Jessica Luther, cross-posted from http://scatx.com/2012/12/11/serena-williams-is-not-a-costume/" rel="nofollow - Speaker’s Corner in the ATX (scATX)

Lots of news outlets are reporting on  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/10/serena-williams-impersonation-caroline-wozniacki-racist_n_2272395.html" rel="nofollow - Caroline Wozniacki stuffing her top and skirt  with towels at a match this past weekend against Maria Sharapova. She did this in order to enhance her chest and butt so that she could imitate or impersonate Serena Williams. She did it supposedly as a joke.

In case there is someone out there who has never seen a picture of Serena Williams:

Since Serena Williams turned pro in 1995 in a predominantly white sport (though that is changing, thanks in large part to the barriers broken down by the Williams sisters), her not-white body has endured an endless amount of scrutiny. I didn’t seriously start following tennis until about seven or eight years ago, though I had watched Wimbledon religiously for years beforehand. I am not as familiar with what she must have gone through in the first years–even decade–of her career. But I will never forget watching the 2007 Australian Open.

Williams hadn’t won a Grand Slam since the 2005 Australian Open, and she had been absent from the professional circuit for so long before the Australian Open that she went in unseeded. When she won that year, she became the first unseeded player since 1978 to win the title. Of the seven matches she played in the tournament,  http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/27/sports/27iht-web.0127tennis.4368100.html?pagewanted=all" rel="nofollow - six were against seeded players . The thing that I remember most clearly, though, was the constant commentary in every single match she played about how not physically fit she was and about how fat she had become–always with the conclusion that she couldn’t possibly win.

Yet, it turned out that she was physically fit enough and she was, by far, the best women’s tennis player at that tournament. I was so angry for Serena and so tired of that commentary. That will forever stand out for me as a prime example of the extreme level of focus on Serena’s body and the negative commentary that accompanies it no matter how well Serena is playing. She literally couldn’t play well enough for the commentary to cease.

In her first match after that Australian Open,  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wtatour/2309944/Serena-shocked-by-more-racist-abuse.html" rel="nofollow - this happened in Miami :

Serena Williams was subjected to racist heckling http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/03/27/stwome27.xml" rel="nofollow - by a male spectator at the Sony Ericsson Open, and was told to “hit the ball into the net like any negro would.”

Yeah.

Here are some more examples from over the years of criticism against Serena’s body and/or her actions:

• http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/2001/03/26/ericsson_open_ap/" rel="nofollow - Racism charges swirl as Williams sisters advance  (Mar 2001)
  • http://bleacherreport.com/articles/180857-why-is-racism-sexism-against-venus-and-serena-ignored-in-tennis" rel="nofollow - Why is the Racism and Sexism Against Venus and Serena Williams Ignored  (May 2009)
  • http://www.deeplyproblematic.com/2009/07/jason-whitlock-serena-williams-is-fat.html" rel="nofollow - Serena Williams is Fat, Says Jason Whitlock  (July 2009)
  • http://hq-celebrity.com/photos/serena-williams-2011-04-07/serena-williams-3" rel="nofollow - Is Serena Williams Fat or Muscular?
  • http://womenwhoserve.blogspot.com/2011/03/lighten-up-its-internet.html" rel="nofollow - “Lighten up, it’s the internet”  (Mar 2011)
  • http://crunkfeministcollective.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/refereeing-serena-racism-anger-and-u-s-womens-tennis/" rel="nofollow - Refereeing Serena: Racism, Anger, and U.S. (Women’s) Tennis  (Sep 2011)
  • http://www.popularcritic.com/2012/07/08/serena-williams-faces-racist-comments-after-wimbledon-win/" rel="nofollow - Serena Williams Faces Racist Comments After Wimbledon Win  (July 2012)
  • http://socialismartnature.tumblr.com/post/28854212583/fox-again-injects-racism-into-olympics-by-attacking" rel="nofollow - Fox Again Injects Racism Into Olympics By Attacking Serena Williams  (August 2012)

That’s just a quick Google search.

When Wozniacki decided to “impersonate” Serena by adding towels to her breasts and butt, she wasn’t doing so inside of a vacuum where all of this hatred doesn’t exist.

http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-post-sports/wozniacki-hilarious-serena-williams-impression-154111590.html" rel="nofollow - How Yahoo! Sports wrote up the incident :

The Dane lost the match 6-2 7-6, and didn’t seem to be taking things too seriously as she padded the, er, top and bottom of her outfit to give herself a curvier look.

The likeness to Serena, you’ll surely agree, is uncanny.

Tennis impersonations are usually the preserve of Novak Djokovic – the madcap Serb has taken off big rivals Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, as well as women’s stars Williams and Sharapova.

This comparison of what Wozniacki did with Djokovic’s impersonations of Nadal, Federer, and Sharapova (I’ll return to his impersonation of Williams in a moment) is flawed. Tennis players are famous for repetition. They do the same things over and over again before every single serve. Sharapova pushes her hair behind her ears, Nadal picks his butt (yes, I’m serious). When Djokovic copies these things, he is mimicking their actions. We can have a whole other discussion about whether that kind of mimicry is funny or mean. But that is fundamentally different than altering your body in order to “impersonate” someone, especially when the body you are mimicking has been the target of vitriol and judgment for years and even more so when you are white and much of that vitriol and judgment of the person’s body that you are mimicking has been racist.

Serena Williams’ body is not a costume for another tennis player, especially a white tennis player, to put on and use for laughs when they feel like it.

If Wozniacki had chosen instead to paint her face black in order to impersonate Williams, would we be questioning if this type of display is racist?

And Wozniacki has done this before (Nov 2011):

I find it interesting that news is blowing up over Caroline Wozniacki doing this but not Roddick or Djokovic, both of whom are much higher profile players in the US. Funny that.

There is nothing hilarious about this. There is no joke here unless you think black women’s bodies are jokes. Plenty of people over the years have let Serena Williams know that that is exactly what they think of her body. That she has to endure that from people in her own sport, Roddick who is a close friend of hers, too, is terrible.

This kind of thing always make me ask the same question: If Serena Williams, a 15-time tennis grand slam singles champion, a 13-time grand slam doubles champion, and the reigning gold medalist in women’s singles and doubles, cannot get the respect she deserves within her sport because her body does not match the other women’s whom alongside she plays (and repeatedly beats, especially Wozniacki), who can?

For more:

• http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2012/12/dear-caroline-wozniacki-serena-williams.html" rel="nofollow - Dear Caroline Wozniacki, Mocking Serena’s Body? You TRIED It.  (Awesomely Luvvie)
  • http://yoisthisracist.com/post/37743011694/melissa-m-asked-tennis-player-caroline-wozniacki" rel="nofollow - Yo, Is This Racist?

Update: Before anyone says something about how Wozniacki and Serena are supposedly good friends, I want to go on record and say that making fun publicly of your friend’s body is a terrible thing for a friend to do. And friends do terrible things to each other all the time so the idea that because they are friends, Wozniacki or Roddick or Djokovic have some sort of magic pass to be offensive seems silly to me.

Also, this post is not written to defend Serena or to speak for her. She’s a public figure who holds her own just fine and certainly doesn’t need the likes of me sticking up for her. It’s possible she is just fine with these gags and even herself finds them funny. If she does, she and I disagree about the humor in this. I wrote this post because I personally am uncomfortable with tennis players using Serena’s body as a costume. That is all. I don’t need anyone else’s permission, including the person being mocked, for me to find this offensive.

Jessica is a historian and freelance writer. You can find her http://scatx.com/media-and-published-works/" rel="nofollow - all over the internet.

Posted By: Organic
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

wow!

nope cuz when she cries the white women tearsCry.. they will hold them up as liquid diamonds and tell her to apologize. .and she will say that she is sorry and didn't mean to offend.Sleepy

This will be chalked up to a light-hearted joke and we's black folks is just 'too seerous' and shuld git ova it!

Right. Effin' right.

-------------
Cut from full hip to full waist
Maxi Glide with coconut oil
Pin curls
VOILA!

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Originally posted by <font color='#0000FF'>http://www.racialicious.com/2012/12/12/serena-williams-is-not-a-costume/ rel=nofollow</font> - Racialicious http://www.racialicious.com/2012/12/12/serena-williams-is-not-a-costume/ rel=nofollow - Racialicious wrote:

]

Serena Williams Is Not A Costume

Yet, it turned out that she was physically fit enough and she was, by far, the best women’s tennis player at that tournament. I was so angry for Serena and so tired of that commentary. That will forever stand out for me as a prime example of the extreme level of focus on Serena’s body and the negative commentary that accompanies it no matter how well Serena is playing. She literally couldn’t play well enough for the commentary to cease.

Serena Williams’ body is not a costume for another tennis player, especially a white tennis player, to put on and use for laughs when they feel like it

esp @ the bolded.

i'm sick of it. all of it..

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:08pm
How does Serena feel?

I've heard they were friends .
Tennis players imitate each other I've seen some other cases.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:13pm
Censored this wench and the ship her ancestors sailed over on!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:14pm
She was imitating Serena who is known for her curvy body.

Someone tell me how this auto equals racism .

IMO this not a Saartjie Baartman situation.

I will have to read more about it to see what ppl are wailing about

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:16pm
Djokovic imitated Sharapova and Nadal and I think Roddick has done it too.

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: princesshoneybee
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:18pm
I really don't see how it's racist. I think she was implying that serena is better known for being sexy than being a great player. That can be said of women of any race, really. It's not like she showed up in black face or anything.

Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 5:19pm
I don't think she was implying that.
Serena is womens tennis right now.

It was just a joke probably.
I don't see how ppl attached racism to it

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Print Page | Close Window