Print Page | Close Window

ew...i think this deserves some real loot..

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351928
Printed Date: Apr 21 2018 at 5:45am

Topic: ew...i think this deserves some real loot..
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Subject: ew...i think this deserves some real loot..
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:14am

Mom Breastfeeds Wrong Baby After Hospital Mix-Up

A snafu at a Minnesota hospital this week resulted in a mom breastfeeding the wrong baby, causing awkwardness and emotional distress for all involved.

The mistake occurred after a baby boy at Minneapolis' Abbott Northwestern Hospital was placed in the wrong bassinet in the nursery, ABC News reports.

Newborns at Hospital

As a precaution, the baby breastfed by the wrong mom was tested for HIV and hepatitis, and will receive the tests every three months for the next year.

The baby has so far  http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-switched-minneapolis-hospital-breastfed-wrong-mom/story?id=17897247" rel="nofollow - tested negative for both diseases .

If a child is accidentally fed breast milk from a woman who is not his mother, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends HIV testing.

The CDC adds that the risk of HIV transmission through breast milk is small, and the virus is not known to spread through a single bout of breastfeeding.

Still, the CDC recommends women with HIV should not breastfeed their children. Neither hepatitis B nor C can be spread through breastfeeding.

The baby's mother,Tammy Van Dyke, told ABC she could not stop crying on the way home from the hospital because of the surprising event that transpired.

The incident also left the mother who was accidentally breastfeeding the baby distraught, as she had to wait before hospital staff found her own baby.

The hospital gave Van Dyke a letter expressing its sincerest apologies for the infant mix-up, and said it would pay for the baby's tests going forward.

HOW CAN YOU EVEN MITIGATE ALL OF THIS EMOTIONAL DISTRESS? YUCK.  Considering the accidental mother was probably tested for all of these diseases at some point in her pregnancy the chances of her being infected anyway are probably low...but this is still sickening.

Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:19am
idk if i would go as far so to call it "sickening"

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:22am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

why not?  i think it's sickening to ingest any strangers bodily fluids.Dead

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:24am
Oh cool.

-------------

Posted By: Nijjah25
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:26am
naw its cool..if its no hard times or 3rd world countires..they do it all the time....
as long as they don't have anything..its good..

better than simalac

-------------
BIG NOSE .... BIG LIPS....
BUDDA BUP BUP BUHHHHH IM LOVING IT

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:27am
sang froid, you remind me of this poster named niikelbagz.  i wish she would return to bhm but alas she will not.  she's still my bew though.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:28am
She on twitter somewhere.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:29am
i know.  i just miss her here.

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:33am
but ppl ingest the fluids of animals all the time.

and there are sites where moms who are lactating donate their milk to babies of moms who are not.

selma hayek (sp?) breast fed a starving baby in Africa once.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:36am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

but ppl ingest the fluids of animals all the time.

and there are sites where moms who are lactating donate their milk to babies of moms who are not.

selma hayek (sp?) breast fed a starving baby in Africa once.

but that's with the mother's consent...i can't believe that i'm the only one who would feel some kind of way about this.

the fluid of an animal is not the same as a human.  i'll eat an animal, i won't eat a human.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:36am

I would sue the hopsital. Not for the breastfeeding, but for misplacing my child!! If something happened to that baby....smh

-------------
yo

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:37am
I can understand being upset at the mix up (and hoping for a nice discount on that bill to soothe your anger lol) Crying all the way home from the hospital though? Stern Smile

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:39am
oh i think its wrong..lol
the hospital was negligent as fawk.

just not sickening..

i hate milk as a whole--- except coconut milk. (and i think thats cheating)  lol
but a human drinking human milk--- that was created for human consumption isn't weird to me at all.
and i wouldn't compare it to eating humans..lol

-------------

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:39am
In general I don't think it's gross at all...actually it was pretty much the norm up until relatively recently in the US and still is around the world. 

Emotionally distressed? Yeah I could see that...part of it is probably the mom is feeling guilt at not recognizing her own child. Something to sue over? It's not that serious imo. 

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:43am

just not sickening..

i hate milk as a whole--- except coconut milk. (and i think thats cheating)  lol
but a human drinking human milk--- that was created for human consumption isn't weird to me at all.

lol i exaggerated...just sayin though Dead

maybe im looking at the sickening aspect of it from someone who accidentally tasted a drop of breast milk before...it was gross.  i want my baby only drinking MY breast milk!
the hospital stole her opportunity to be the first person to bond with her baby.  

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:43am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

they're babies. everyone is a stranger to them. it's milk.  you drink cow milk. you don't know that cow.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:45am
now if my baby got a disease from that error?...it's on and poppin to the HIGHEST degree

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:46am

just not sickening..

lol i exaggerated...just sayin though Dead

maybe im looking at the sickening aspect of it from someone who accidentally tasted a drop of breast milk before...it was gross.  i want my baby only drinking MY breast milk!
the hospital stole her opportunity to be the first person to bond with her baby.  

maybe your friend just had sour tits. i've heard bmilk is sweet and delicious. does she eat a lot of onions and yogurt?

-------------

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:46am
Breastfeeding is normal and natural, but I think I'll be upset that someone's titty was in my baby's mouth  Ouch Especially a stranger's titty. 

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:47am

they're babies. everyone is a stranger to them. it's milk.  you drink cow milk. you don't know that cow.

Ermm whatever.  i'm still Sick.

let's say you pick your baby up from daycare...you walk in the door to find the daycare provider breastfeeding your baby...that would not be sick???  

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:48am
ive heard from men breast milk is yummy.

lmao there was a poster on here talking about how her milk tasted like french vanilla bean or some shyt like that.

but yeah i agree-- hospital was wrong.
but if she does go to court-- i wouldn't argue anything about it being uncouth.

-------------

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:50am
I would be scared as hell and raging mad until my baby was completely cleared of all diseases. In all honesty tho, once my baby checked out okay, I'd get over it.

But due to their negligence, best believe I'd be milking that hospital for a discount on my bill.

I'd also still feel obligated to warn my friends and family about going to that hospital because they "misplace" babies.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:52am

ive heard from men breast milk is yummy.

lmao there was a poster on here talking about how her milk tasted like french vanilla bean or some shyt like that.

but yeah i agree-- hospital was wrong.
but if she does go to court-- i wouldn't argue anything about it being uncouth.

yoo i know.  she said she ate extra creamy icecreme all the time and like sweetness and goodies. i wanted someCry

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:54am
pfft.  that breast milk was not good.  that's like semen tasting good...it only tastes good in contrast to something that tastes really bad.  someone here needs to drink their breast milk and report back.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:57am
lol

thats wrong on so many levels

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:58am
tittymilk got a sickly sweet taste to it

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:02am
The babies ain't complainin'.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:04am
lol omg yes pity that was the post.
for a hot minute i almost forgot my hatred of milk..the way she was describing hers...lol

lmao at wonderlands homie having sour tatas.

as for the way semen taste-------------------------

i told my obgyn my children will all be similac babies-
he asked why? i told him that my nipples would choke my baby and he said NO TRY AGAIN.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:08am
I got nipples made for breast feeding.
I ain't tryna do that sh*t though. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:10am
nyc you got thumbs on them titties?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:12am
no heffa @ afro...lol

i was worried that since i sorta have more holes in my nipples that too much milk would come out and choke my baby..lmao

he shut me downUnhappy

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:20am
See, that's the intimacy I'm talking about. I am getting paid for my baby sucking on another woman's titty holes. Sickening.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:31am

LOLLOLLOL im going to bed. LOL

yeah that is gross though. i would be insane if they told me i have the wrong baby. so glad i went to the same hospital twice. inglewood has a great hospital. i'd travel all the way back to have another there.

lol why did i just think of peter trying to breastfeed stewie lmao. ugh gnight.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:38am

no heffa @ afro...lol

i was worried that since i sorta have more holes in my nipples that too much milk would come out and choke my baby..lmao

he shut me downUnhappy

disappointed

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 5:07am
Meh, at least it was just a small mix up that was caught. Better than actually taking the wrong baby home. 

Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 5:24am
As long as the baby's health is clear,and clean it isn't that bad...

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....

Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 5:26am
I had to breast feed a friends infant,long story,but she was unable to,after the first week I just pumped bottles for her,until she was able to do it on herself....

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:46am
I'm pretty sure my ancestors breastfed a bunch of white chirren that didnt belong to them. This baby will be okay.

And DeadLOL @ "You don't know that cow"

-------------
Can't even twerk no mo. They tired out. Lets ride out.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:48am
Those babies were eating good, though. LOL I wouldn't be that mad.

-------------

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:02am
meh... 
not a big deal to me. 
lol@ crying the whole way home. 

id still sue though just cus they were irresponsible. They could have ended awfully if it was coming from a diff breast. 

Posted By: mzmee
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:08am
I would be pissed as hell. For the mother who was breastfeeding the wrong baby, they actually lost her baby; that's a gaddam prollem. For the mom whose baby was baby was breastfed by the wrong mother. She don't know what type of life style this bish lead. How I know this hoe ain't hit a few blunts or smoked some cigarettes before she went into labor. I would have questions and they would need to give me answers.

I don't know about no one else, when I had my baby, I was baby stalker extraordinaire. I was even side eyeing the nurses that took my babies to take their newborn pichas.

But yeah, NYC and Epitome, that was me with the breastmilk stories. The taste of your milk is dependent on what you eat. I used to eat Breyers ice cream and extra syrup on my pancakes when I was breast feeding. The icecream made my milk rich. I got this advice from one of the nurses after I had one of my babies. They also had this drink called Healthy Mom's; came in a shake and granola bars. I used to drink that all day especially the Vanilla kind. But I was sure to stay away from anything that negatively altered the taste of my milk like brocolli, tuna, onions, anything spicy and spinach anything. That ish was liquid crack to my babies.

-------------
Everything I'm not makes me everything I am.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:10am
^Liquid crack, haha!

I'll take that knowledge into consideration if I become a mother someday.

-------------

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:17am

pfft.  that breast milk was not good.  that's like semen tasting good...it only tastes good in contrast to something that tastes really bad.  someone here needs to drink their breast milk and report back.
I am currently breastfeeding and breastmilk tastes DELICIOUS!! far better than regular milk & 10x better than formula.  It is sweeter AND MORE NUTRITIOUS. So I wouldn't be mad at the bf if she had a clean bill of health, I'd be mad at the irresponsibility of the staff. 

SOOOO many times I see crying babies & in my head I think about breastfeeding them to calmness.  But I'd never go up to a random lady & say "hey, lemme fix that crying baby for you" BUT if they asked, I'd sure as hell would obligeEmbarrassed

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 5:41pm
no lie, I'd rather my child drink clean breast milk than similac and other powder.

This story brings no emotions besides the carelessness of not checking bracelets.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:56pm

U do know that people donate breast milk rightLamp

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

U do know that people donate breast milk rightLamp

i'm not talking about people consenting to using other people's milk....the sickening part to me is that the mother wasn't aware of this.  consent makes all the difference to me.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:01pm
ohhhhhh ok Mzmee

omaybe wonderland had boobie milk when mom had tuna salad with extra onions on garlic toast.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:03pm

ohhhhhh ok Mzmee

omaybe wonderland had boobie milk when mom had tuna salad with extra onions on garlic toast.

lmao if yall dont stop focusing on the one drop of breast milk i had. 

Posted By: stardaqueenb23
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I would sue the hopsital. Not for the breastfeeding, but for misplacing my child!! If something happened to that baby....smh

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:08pm
lol...i keeeed

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

I would be pissed as hell. For the mother who was breastfeeding the wrong baby, they actually lost her baby; that's a gaddam prollem. For the mom whose baby was baby was breastfed by the wrong mother. She don't know what type of life style this bish lead. How I know this hoe ain't hit a few blunts or smoked some cigarettes before she went into labor. I would have questions and they would need to give me answers.

I don't know about no one else, when I had my baby, I was baby stalker extraordinaire. I was even side eyeing the nurses that took my babies to take their newborn pichas.

But yeah, NYC and Epitome, that was me with the breastmilk stories. The taste of your milk is dependent on what you eat. I used to eat Breyers ice cream and extra syrup on my pancakes when I was breast feeding. The icecream made my milk rich. I got this advice from one of the nurses after I had one of my babies. They also had this drink called Healthy Mom's; came in a shake and granola bars. I used to drink that all day especially the Vanilla kind. But I was sure to stay away from anything that negatively altered the taste of my milk like brocolli, tuna, onions, anything spicy and spinach anything. That ish was liquid crack to my babies.

ok but if you're trying to get back into shape...does this mean you need to avoid veggies?Geek

-------------

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 3:18am

Originally posted by mzmee mzmee wrote:

ok but if you're trying to get back into shape...does this mean you need to avoid veggies?Geek

If you breast feed you'll probably "snap back" anyways.

Print Page | Close Window