Print Page | Close Window

Walmart security shoots shoplifting mother dead

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351898
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 12:51pm


Topic: Walmart security shoots shoplifting mother dead
Posted By: solo
Subject: Walmart security shoots shoplifting mother dead
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:21pm

Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with two young children

  • Shelly Frey was shot dead attempting to drive away from off-duty sheriff deputy Louis Campbell who suspected her of shoplifting
  • He fired when Frey and her two alleged accomplices accelerated when he opened the car door
  • There were two small children in the car at the time of the shooting

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=James++Nye" rel="nofollow - James Nye

PUBLISHED: 11:09 EST, 8 December 2012 | UPDATED: 23:55 EST, 8 December 2012

  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245074/Walmart-security-guard-shoots-shoplifting-mother-dead-parking-lot-tries-escape-young-children.html#comments" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245074/Walmart-security-guard-shoots-shoplifting-mother-dead-parking-lot-tries-escape-young-children.html#socialLinks" rel="nofollow -




A 27-year-old mother of two has been fatally shot by an off-duty sheriff's deputy after he suspected her of shoplifting at a Houston Walmart.

Harris County Sheriff's deputies have said that victim Shelly Frey, Tisa Andrews and Yolanda Craig  were stealing when they were confronted by Louis Campbell a 26-year veteran of the force who works as a security guard at the store.

According to Campbell the women ran to their car and when he rushed to open the door, they accelerated away - at which point he fired the deadly shot into the car which hit Frey in the neck.

Scroll Down for Video

Shelly Frey (left and right) was shot in the neck and died after failing to stop for off-duty sheriffs deputy in Houston, Texas
Shelly Frey (left and right) was shot in the neck and died after failing to stop for off-duty sheriffs deputy in Houston, Texas

Shelly Frey (left and right) was shot in the neck and died after failing to stop for an off-duty sheriff's deputy in Houston, Texas

Security at the store on the 14000 block of the North Freeway had noticed the three women 'stuffing items inside their purses' and notified Campbell, who was working an extra job that evening.

Investigators with Harris County said the three women even attempted to pay for some small items to act as a cover for the shoplifted ones.

After chasing Frey and the other two women to their car, Campbell opened the door and commanded Frey to get out. But she refused, officials said

 

More...

  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2242706/Hannah-Sabata-19-arrested-boasting-bank-robbery-YouTube-video.html" rel="nofollow - 'It was the best day of my life': Student, 19, arrested after boasting about bank robbery in YouTube video
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237428/Walmart-Black-Friday-2012-shopping-frenzy-starts-hoards-bargain-hunters-battle-out.html" rel="nofollow - Walmart's cut-price cellphone: The deal that's sparked the worst in-store scuffles . . . and the videos to prove it
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2243674/Rachel-Kozloff-Woman-killed-boyfriend-baby-room-smelled-sex-him.html" rel="nofollow - Woman 'shot dead boyfriend of two months because she smelled sex on him' while his baby son slept in the next room

Andrews began to drive away while the deputy was standing between the open door and the driver's seat.

'She threw it in reverse and tried to run over the deputy,' said Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Deputy Thomas Gilliland.

'He confronted the suspects at exit of the store before they left. One female wouldn't stop, struck the deputy with her purse, ran off.'

'I think it knocked him off balance and, in fear of his life and being ran over, he discharged his weapon at that point.'

Tiasa Andrews, Yolanda Craig were arrested at 1300 block of Greens Parkway where their friend Shelly Frey had died from her gunshot wounds

Tiasa Andrews, Yolanda Craig were arrested at 1300 block of Greens Parkway where their friend Shelly Frey had died from her gunshot wounds

The Walmart store at 14000 block of the North Freeway in Houston where the alleged robbery occurred

The Walmart store at 14000 block of the North Freeway in Houston where the alleged robbery occurred

Inside the car as it was speeding away were two small children - investigators have said that they were not Frey's children.

Gilliland said it was clear that the deputy was law enforcement.

'He was clearly marked in uniform as a Harris County deputy. And identified himself as the suspects were leaving the establishment,' said Gilliland to http://www.khou.com/news/Deputy-involved-shooting-reported-at-North-Houston-Walmart-182480601.html" rel="nofollow - Despite the shooting, the women fled but eventually they stopped at The Worthington at the Beltway apartments in the 1300 block of Greens Parkway.

Paramedics from the Houston Fire Department arrived to try and save Frey, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

'Shelly was the perfect mom, perfect friend, perfect daughter,' said her father, Shelton Frey.

He said that his daughter had moved to Houston after Hurricane Katrina to start a new life, but the amount of work she could do was limited by her two-year-old who has sickle cell anemia.

The deceaseds mother Sharon Wilkerson was devastated that the deputy fired into a car with two small children inside
The deceaseds mother Sharon Wilkerson was devastated that the deputy fired into a car with two small children inside

The deceased's mother Sharon Wilkerson was devastated that the deputy fired into a car with two small children inside and killed her daughter

'Why couldn’t you just shoot the tire, shoot the window?' said her mother Sharon Wilkerson. 'Was it that serious?'

She added that even if her daughter had committed a crime, she did not deserve to die and she worries now for her two young grandchildren.

'How do I tell these children she's not coming back,' said Sharon.

'To me, it should never (have) happened. I wish the officer didn’t shoot her. I wish he shot her tires just to slow her down. That’s a mother you know. And now they have to figure out what to do with the kids,' said Angel Gaines, a neighbor.

Kesha Sapp, a woman who knew Frey, agreed.

'What that look like with him shooting with the darn kids in the car? There were kids in the car with them. Why is he shooting at the car? Come on now, that makes him look bad. That don’t even look right,' said Sapp.

Both Andrews and Craig, the two other women allegedly involved, have been charged with shoplifting.

Tragically, Frey wasn't even supposed to be at a Walmart that evening.

Earlier in the year she pleaded guilty to stealing shirts and a package of meat from another Walmart and as part of her plea arrangement she agreed to never enter Walmart stores again.

Deputy Campbell is on three days paid leave as is standard protocol. He's been with the Harris County Sheriff's Office for 26 years.

The Harris County Sheriff's Homicide Unit, Office of the Inspector General and the Harris County District Attorney's Office will investigate this incident. The case will be turned over to a grand jury.

Walmart offered the following statement: 'This is a tragic situation and we recognize this is a difficult time for all parties involved. We're committed to working with law enforcement and providing any information we have as they determine the facts of the case. Because this is an active investigation, any specific details of the incident should come from law enforcement.

'We hire off duty officers to provide security to some of our stores. While we have policies in place for our associates to disengage from situations that might put them or others in harm's way, off-duty officers working at a WM store are authorized to act in accordance with their department's code of conduct.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245074/Walmart-security-guard-shoots-shoplifting-mother-dead-parking-lot-tries-escape-young-children.html#ixzz2EaHVgCAg" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245074/Walmart-security-guard-shoots-shoplifting-mother-dead-parking-lot-tries-escape-young-children.html#ixzz2EaHVgCAg
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter | http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook


-------------
- solo



Replies:
Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:24pm
that's ridiculous.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:26pm
What in the hell?!Confused

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR



Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:27pm
....wtf? 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:27pm
that's pure bullsh*t. I hope he loses his job and gets sent to jail.

that shyt was personal, he went above and beyond. he just wanted to kill someone that day. he was a ticking time bomb.

LP can't do that. If she made it to her car you gotta let her go. He aint no cop and he act like she was stealing from his house.

I hope her family sues the shyt out of them


-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:28pm
i hate it when these $10 hr mofo's go hard for sh*t that doesn't belong to them either. 

-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:29pm
I'm not going to comment on the hair and make up

Anyway, shooting her dead, though? Don't fcking people understand what DEATH means?
Can't come back. gone forever. done.
USE YOUR FCKING BRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO SICK OF PEOPLE TAKING OTHER PEOPLES' LIVES INTO THEIR OWN HANDS!!!!!!!!!
 


Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:30pm
Wow,all that over Walmart items.......I'm not one for shoplifting,but if you're going to do it pick a higher class retail store...Who really wants to go to jail over Walmart's rollback prices?..Now 2 children are mother less,and top flight security will get a pat on the back.....

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....


Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:30pm
   


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

i hate it when these $10 hr mofo's go hard for sh*t that doesn't belong to them either. 
omfg yesssssssssss.
People try to give me attitude because I ask them to double my coffee cup, or for an extra plastic bag.
Uhhhm...do you OWN this company? Give me another bloodclaat cup because this cup is hot! 


Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:31pm
Quote 'She threw it in reverse and tried to run over the deputy,' said Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Deputy Thomas Gilliland.

'He confronted the suspects at exit of the store before they left. One female wouldn't stop, struck the deputy with her purse, ran off.'

'I think it knocked him off balance and, in fear of his life and being ran over, he discharged his weapon at that point.

 

Quote Tragically, Frey wasn't even supposed to be at a Walmart that evening.


Earlier in the year she pleaded guilty to stealing shirts and a package of meat from another Walmart and as part of her plea arrangement she agreed to never enter Walmart stores again.

I doubt he gets indicted by the grand jury...if indicted, he will get off on self defense.



Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:31pm
rly though?
you couldnt just stop her? smh


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:32pm


Just the other damn day I saw a middle aged white man who had stolen from walmart getting a lecture from a policeman and a "deal" if he didn't do it again.




-------------
- solo


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:34pm
when he fired his gun he put the public at risk over some bullsh*t. if an officer fires a gun in public it better be for a damn good reason and chasing a walmart thief isn't one of them.

-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:35pm
He is a cop...a Sheriff's deputy, and in uniform


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:36pm
@zolloh - If I'm not mistaken the deceased is not the one who was driving. 

-------------
- solo


Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:37pm
That women did not deserve to lose her life over that stupid sh*t oh and he was not in fear for his life. That's bs


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:38pm
 Shocked

-------------


Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:38pm
She looked so Pretty in the Purple...
The security guard will walk, Black Womens lives are so unvalued by society, it's sickening...
I really wish Dexter was real sometimes so he could take care of that off duty officer...


Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:39pm
Did Walmart start carrying designer sh*t that I don't know about,because itchy azz towels,and sheet sets aren't worth all of the trouble....

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:43pm
Over SHOP LIFTING??? He shot a woman dead over SHOPLIFTING??? Ladies and gentlemen, it has started. It's open season on colored folk. Man, woman, child, it don't matter. I had hopes after all the mobilization surrounding Trayvon and then, people simmered down. This is the new 50's. I wonder how many white suburban housewives managed to steal that day, not out of need, but because they were bored with their existence


Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:43pm

Originally posted by solo solo wrote:

@zolloh - If I'm not mistaken the deceased is not the one who was driving. 

Correct, says one of the 3 was driving, one of them hit him with their purse, he opened car and asked Frey to step out of the car, she refused, the driver tried to run him over, he shot at the speeding vehicle and Frey got hit. 

Yes, he was doing too much, shoot  the tires....he will argue he already tried to stop them...but this is Texas, he will get off if he's even indicted, maybe even a parade thrown in his honor.

Her previous shoplifting incident pretty much closes the case. The other 2 women are likely going to jail for evading arrest, attacking a police officer etc. Those are felonies, far more serious than shoplifting.

I'm just pointing out the facts of the case are in his favor. *shrugs*



Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:44pm
When I worked in retail, I pretty much gave no fcks, because I wasn't bout to risk my ONE life for anything nor anyone.  If I saw shoplifting I did the least that I could. If the merch is gone, it's gone, damn.
Like the bus drivers who P.I. everyone's busfare. TBH if i drove the bus I'd give no fcks who dropped short change, because I know that minimum wage is low as fck! and people riding the bus aren't being paid a lot, and the govt gave 7.5 million to the 'queen' this yr for her jubilee. so  fck it.

yes I'm mad as hell. 


Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:49pm
does not matter if it was walmart of a designer store.
anyway, this man took it too far. yes, she was wrong for shoplifting but you don't shoot just because the person is getting away.  let them go, get their license plate, etc.  shame on him and i hope he is thrown in jail....but have a feeling he will get away. rip to this woman, and i pray for her children who witnessed their mothers murder.


Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:54pm
This is a tragic situation and was totally avoidable. He did not have to pursue them to that extent and he knew there were kids in the vehicle. However, he is not the only one in this situation who should have thought that the lives of the people in that car were precious. I'm just saying.......................

This was caused by sooooo many things that were totally avoidable. I feel for her kids.........


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

does not matter if it was walmart of a designer store.
anyway, this man took it too far. yes, she was wrong for shoplifting but you don't shoot just because the person is getting away.  let them go, get their license plate, etc.  shame on him and i hope he is thrown in jail....but have a feeling he will get away. rip to this woman, and i pray for her children who witnessed their mothers murder.
 
Hell, you don't shoot a woman dead for SHOPLIFTING  a few shirts at a Walmart, period!!! Americans have become so desentitized to this kind of shyt, it's unbelievable. This would NEVER EVER fly here, unless she was "shoplifting" at a damn bank! This is not normal behaviour!


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:55pm
I thought there was a Supreme Court case that banned shooting at a fleeing felon unless lives were in immediate danger.
Garner v Tennessee or Graham v Tennessee idk.
Maybe NYC or Pity can answer.



-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by dee1672 dee1672 wrote:

This is a tragic situation and was totally avoidable. He did not have to pursue them to that extent and he knew there were kids in the vehicle. However, he is not the only one in this situation who should have thought that the lives of the people in that car were precious. I'm just saying.......................

This was caused by sooooo many things that were totally avoidable. I feel for her kids.........
 
Who the hell expects to be SHOT DEAD, shoplifting at a Walmart, though??? Are you serious??? When Wynona Ryder did it, she got probation!


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:57pm
instead of running up to a car and trying to open the door and pulling folks out, how about take a look a the plates, call it in and write your damn report.


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:59pm
when i was a kid i learned that the human life was worth 35 cents, after that nothing people die over shocks me.


Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by dee1672 dee1672 wrote:

This is a tragic situation and was totally avoidable. He did not have to pursue them to that extent and he knew there were kids in the vehicle. However, he is not the only one in this situation who should have thought that the lives of the people in that car were precious. I'm just saying.......................

This was caused by sooooo many things that were totally avoidable. I feel for her kids.........
 
Who the hell expects to be SHOT DEAD, shoplifting at a Walmart, though??? Are you serious??? When Wynona Ryder did it, she got probation!


I don't know what shoplifters expect. I dont expect anything good to come from shoplifting, so I dont do it. If you know that the rules of the game are unfair, why play?


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:00pm
police shot a black man and woman right here in Toronto earlier this year at the scene of a car accident, joliePoufiasse. 
(yes it's just as dumb as it sounds) Of course it wasn't ALL on news because they were black, and of course no one was outraged, because the people who are supposed to be outraged are too busy doing other things. 

I can't even be bothered to search that up right now. But me and my family were outraged!!! But moreso at the fact that black people in Canada act like we're all here on some great vacation, and that the govt and politics and the system doesn't really affect us. But I digress.


Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:00pm

'What that look like with him
shooting with the darn kids in the
car? There were kids in the car with
them. Why is he shooting at the car?
Come on now, that makes him look
bad. That don’t even look right,' said
Sapp"


The voice I read this in. Smh. They could have edited for grammar.

Saw this earlier but forgot to post

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:01pm
Jesus, this thing doesn't even need dissecting to me. He shot up the vehicule of a Walmart shoplifter with two other people in the car, along with children. Isn't that enough??? The shoplifting becomes irrelevant at this point. Man, the U.S. is a DANGEROUS place!


Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:02pm
completely unnecessary

he probably thinks he's a hero
im sure there's a website raising funds for him Sleepy



Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:03pm
being shot for stealing is like valuing those goods more than the value of a life. i won't trust that officer to patrol anything. i'm sure this wont be his only questionable shooting. how do we get to the place where cheap sh*t from walmart was worth a life? we are living in sad times if thats the case.  

-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

police shot a black man and woman right here in Toronto earlier this year at the scene of a car accident, joliePoufiasse. 
(yes it's just as dumb as it sounds) Of course it wasn't ALL on news because they were black, and of course no one was outraged, because the people who are supposed to be outraged are too busy doing other things. 

I can't even be bothered to search that up right now. But me and my family were outraged!!! But moreso at the fact that black people in Canada act like we're all here on some great vacation, and that the govt and politics and the system doesn't really affect us. But I digress.
 
I wasn't aware of that. Never heard of it. I will research but I bet it wasn't over shoplifting. And I'm certainly not acting like we're all here on vacation and that racism doesn't affect us. But you have to admit they are on some OTHER SHYT, south of the border. This happens EVERY FUKKIN WEEK!!!


Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

being shot for stealing is like valuing those goods more than the value of a life. i won't trust that officer to patrol anything. i'm sure this wont be his only questionable shooting. how do we get to the place where cheap sh*t from walmart was worth a life? we are living in sad times if thats the case.  
Exactly


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

police shot a black man and woman right here in Toronto earlier this year at the scene of a car accident, joliePoufiasse. 
(yes it's just as dumb as it sounds) Of course it wasn't ALL on news because they were black, and of course no one was outraged, because the people who are supposed to be outraged are too busy doing other things. 

I can't even be bothered to search that up right now. But me and my family were outraged!!! But moreso at the fact that black people in Canada act like we're all here on some great vacation, and that the govt and politics and the system doesn't really affect us. But I digress.
 
I wasn't aware of that. Never heard of it. And I'm certainly not acting like we're all here on vacation and that racism doesn't affect us. But you have to admit they are on some OTHER SHYT, south of the border. This happens EVERY FUKKIN WEEK!!!
absolutely, I wasn't really taking shots at you per se. I don't know you from adam. 
I'm moreso talking about people I deal with day to day. The general mindset that Canada is a savior for immigrants from poorer countries. I'm sure you know the general attitude I speak of. Just because you were living near contaminated water in your home country, or because your country has a war, doesn't mean that you will ignore certain things that happen in your new country. But it's a massa mentality. Sigh. Don't want to derail thread. I'm just frustrated with ish on my own home front. 
But yes, Americans are very trigger happy because of their gun culture. 


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:11pm
Actions have consequences.




Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

police shot a black man and woman right here in Toronto earlier this year at the scene of a car accident, joliePoufiasse. 
(yes it's just as dumb as it sounds) Of course it wasn't ALL on news because they were black, and of course no one was outraged, because the people who are supposed to be outraged are too busy doing other things. 

I can't even be bothered to search that up right now. But me and my family were outraged!!! But moreso at the fact that black people in Canada act like we're all here on some great vacation, and that the govt and politics and the system doesn't really affect us. But I digress.
 
I wasn't aware of that. Never heard of it. And I'm certainly not acting like we're all here on vacation and that racism doesn't affect us. But you have to admit they are on some OTHER SHYT, south of the border. This happens EVERY FUKKIN WEEK!!!
absolutely, I wasn't really taking shots at you per se. I don't know you from adam. 
I'm moreso talking about people I deal with day to day. The general mindset that Canada is a savior for immigrants from poorer countries. I'm sure you know the general attitude I speak of. Just because you were living near contaminated water in your home country, or because your country has a war, doesn't mean that you will ignore certain things that happen in your new country. But it's a massa mentality. Sigh. Don't want to derail thread. I'm just frustrated with ish on my own home front. 
But yes, Americans are very trigger happy because of their gun culture. 
 
I know this mindset exists. I'm dealing with racism right now on the job. But there is no way in hell these events would happen in that kind of scale out here without a public uproar. I just don't buy it. My brother who was raised here and has been living in the States for the last 20 years will tell you the difference.


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.


 
Wow. That's it? Business as usual?


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:15pm
f*ck walmart.

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:16pm
I definitely think if a Jane Creba was shot by mall security that there would be a big media coverage in Canada. I know the gun culture in America, I have lots of family there, and I used to live in NYC. 


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.



actions have appropriate consequences.



driving away from shoplifting should not be met w/ a death sentence.




-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.


 
Wow. That's it? Business as usual?


LOL

now you know when Emmett Till got lynched there were some folks saying "that's what he gets for whistling at a white woman". 

can't save everyone.



-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I definitely think if a Jane Creba was shot by mall security that there would be a big media coverage in Canada. I know the gun culture in America, I have lots of family there, and I used to live in NYC. 
 
This goes beyond the gun culture, though. Something has been happening since this election 4-5 years ago and it is manifest in everything that is happening right now, every single week. This is complete and utter lawlessness. Again, I'd like to know how many bored white suburban housewives shopflited at that very store on that fateful day. I feel like people are walking around lobotomized


Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I definitely think if a Jane Creba was shot by mall security that there would be a big media coverage in Canada. I know the gun culture in America, I have lots of family there, and I used to live in NYC. 
 
This goes beyond the gun culture, though. Something has been happening since this election 4-5 years ago and it is manifest in everything that is happening right now, every single week. This is complete and utter lawlessness. Again, I'd like to know how many bored white suburban housewives shopflited at that very store on that fateful day. I feel like people are walking around lobotomized
I absolutely agree with you. 


Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:24pm
The Daily Mail comments make me sickAngry I really need to stop clicking on there. 


I hope he gets punished. Life so cheap to some people. 


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.


 
Wow. That's it? Business as usual?


LOL

now you know when Emmett Till got lynched there were some folks saying "that's what he gets for whistling at a white woman". 

can't save everyone.

 
I wish I could laugh at the joke but the sound won't come out. People walkin' around with half a brain. This is never gonna stop. People are just too damn apathetic


Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:25pm
so she stole meat before and was banned. i don't like stealing but if the items were to feed and clothe her family. seriously some people are crazy esp the NRA members.


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:28pm
some of these security guards go way too hard. i remember when i was working at a store similar to walmart back in the day. i was working in the "money room". these fools (security) tried to tell me if someone made their way to the money room that i was supposed to do my best to "secure" the money to which i gave them the on the outside on the inside look.

i couldn't hold my tongue anymore when they called a code 99 talking bout some boy was about to leave the store with some merch and they wanted everyone to be ready to "chase" him outside if necessary.

not happening. i told them they didn't pay me enough to be doing hand to hand combat with thirsty azz thieves.

they chased that little boy and he beat the shyt out of one of them...no mam.

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:29pm

Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

so she stole meat before and was banned. i don't like stealing but if the items were to feed and clothe her family. seriously some people are crazy esp the NRA members.


i wonder if texas is one of the places that cut cash aid and basically force people to sell their food-stamps for  to pay rent and utility bills, leaving them with no money for food. Cry 




-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.



actions have appropriate consequences.



driving away from shoplifting should not be met w/ a death sentence.




stop making sense. 
all cops are taught to shoot and kill shoplifting suspects. not murderers and rapists. but shoplifting suspectsDead


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

when i was a kid i learned that the human life was worth 35 cents, after that nothing people die over shocks me.
25 cents here. a freakin pack of kool aid. *sigh*ErmmSleepy


-------------


Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:30pm
As someone who works in retail, it is not that serious.  Once the suspects makes it into their car, the police no longer pursue them.  Just a few days ago I caught a woman stuffing items in her bag.  She threw them back and left the store and that was that.  The officer really did the most and he put the public in harms way.


Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:32pm
Why?


Why go shoplifting? 
Why go shoplifting and bring children with you?
Why pull your weapon over shoplifting?
Why go in pursuit of shoplifters? When I worked in retail they told us to never go in pursuit of shoplifters. 





-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.


 
Wow. That's it? Business as usual?


LOL

now you know when Emmett Till got lynched there were some folks saying "that's what he gets for whistling at a white woman". 

can't save everyone.

 
I wish I could laugh at the joke but the sound won't come out. People walkin' around with half a brain. This is never gonna stop. People are just too damn apathetic

i hear you. 

i just think there are always going to be those types of people and used the most extreme example. being mad at their apathy is misdirecting where the anger should be, which is firmly at the perpetrators of these crimes.



-------------
shine your light for the world to see


Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Why?


Why go shoplifting? 
Why go shoplifting and bring children with you?
Why pull your weapon over shoplifting?
Why go in pursuit of shoplifters? When I worked in retail they told us to never go in pursuit of shoplifters. 



He was a cop so they have different precedents.  It goes by the store but all of them that I've worked at ask employees not to go after shoplifters.  If you try to keep them in your store and they are trying to get away(with your items) it's considered holding some against their will/kidnapping.


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Why?


Why go shoplifting? 
Why go shoplifting and bring children with you?
Why pull your weapon over shoplifting?
Why go in pursuit of shoplifters? When I worked in retail they told us to never go in pursuit of shoplifters. 



He was a cop so they have different precedents.  It goes by the store but all of them that I've worked at ask employees not to go after shoplifters.  If you try to keep them in your store and they are trying to get away(with your items) it's considered holding some against their will/kidnapping.
 
The thing is, he wasn't working in a cop capacity at that Walmart. He was working as a security guard. You would think that would make a difference in a normal society...


Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

Why?


Why go shoplifting? 
Why go shoplifting and bring children with you?
Why pull your weapon over shoplifting?
Why go in pursuit of shoplifters? When I worked in retail they told us to never go in pursuit of shoplifters. 



He was a cop so they have different precedents.  It goes by the store but all of them that I've worked at ask employees not to go after shoplifters.  If you try to keep them in your store and they are trying to get away(with your items) it's considered holding some against their will/kidnapping.

Well damn.


-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:50pm
I hope he gets that pat on the back or the gold star he was looking for. Congratulations you killed a young mother for stealing some ratty ass towels or who knows what from walmart. You've really made the world a safer place now. You're a hero.

Ermm


-------------
- solo


Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:56pm

I'm not sure about Walmart but at our mall the security guards have different precedents.  When someone is shoplifting, we call them and they handle it.  We also have on-duty cops that work the mall as well.  I remember one incident years ago when this cop beat this young girl who was shoplifting(I think she may have assaulted him but I can't remember the details)  Someone had caught in on camera but it never made the news. 



Posted By: macyscorner
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:59pm
RIP to her

-------------
I miss my broder!


Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:11pm
The game ain't fair



-------------
Be humble or get him humbled

Ignore typos...autocorrect won't let me be great


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.



actions have appropriate consequences.



driving away from shoplifting should not be met w/ a death sentence.



I agree that actions should have appropriate consequences.

Unfortunately, sometimes the stars align in a way that a person's actions have unintended consequences and this was one of those times.

I don't know what he as a current police officer (though off duty) is obligated to do by law that extends past what regular security guards are allowed to do. And he may have really felt is life was in danger, but I personally don't believe he should have shot at anyone. But he may be legally justified in doing so. 

Either way, the whole thing was avoidable.  




Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:46pm
Oh well.
Don't steal and try to run people over.
It's quite simple.


-------------


Posted By: Guidette
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:48pm
Son of a bitchAngryCry


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:48pm
maysay i agree with u


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Oh well.
Don't steal and try to run people over.
It's quite simple.
 
You can be so simple sometimes. If everybody had that mentality, you'd still be sitting in the back of the bus


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:50pm
Holy crap! OVERKILL TO THE MAX!

Despite that woman's crime, she didn't deserve to die over it! My word..!


-------------


Posted By: MissinCali
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:51pm
NOT WORTH HER LIFECry

-------------


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:54pm
he did wayyy too much. 
shot with kids in the car ey?

but it looks like it will probably ruled a justifiable murder. 


-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:55pm
neither sang nor maysay said anything worth insulting one another about. 
seriously. 


-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Oh well.
Don't steal and try to run people over.
It's quite simple.
 
You can be so simple sometimes. If everybody had that mentality, you'd still be sitting in the back of the bus

What do civil rights have to do with being a thief and attempting to hurt someone?
You ma'am are the simple one.


-------------


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

neither sang nor maysay said anything worth insulting one another about. 
seriously. 
 
If that's an insult to you, you're hella sensitive. Comments that clueless make me wanna rip my hair off. As a matter of fact, that's exactly where you guys are headed, at the back of the bus. Black president and all. And some people don't even realize it.


Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:58pm
It starts.

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Oh well.
Don't steal and try to run people over.
It's quite simple.
 
You can be so simple sometimes. If everybody had that mentality, you'd still be sitting in the back of the bus

What do civil rights have to do with being a thief and attempting to hurt someone?
You ma'am are the simple one.
 
It has to do with the fact that if you're a white woman from the suburbs who tries to steal a raggedy towel at Walmart, you get a tiny slap on the wrist. If you're a black woman trying to steal a raggedy towel at Walmart, you get your ass shot. Still don't see the parallel?


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:02pm
relax, man. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

It has to do with the fact that if you're a white woman from the suburbs who tries to steal a raggedy towel at Walmart, you get a tiny slap on the wrist. If you're a black woman trying to steal a raggedy towel at Walmart, you get your ass shot. Still don't see the parallel?

Your mind is all *&%^$#@Eed up.....and I don't even like white people.
White folks ain't out here hunting black women.....they just aren't.
She's dead because she's a thief....not because she's a black woman. 


-------------


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.



actions have appropriate consequences.



driving away from shoplifting should not be met w/ a death sentence.



I agree that actions should have appropriate consequences.

Unfortunately, sometimes the stars align in a way that a person's actions have unintended consequences and this was one of those times.

I don't know what he as a current police officer (though off duty) is obligated to do by law that extends past what regular security guards are allowed to do. And he may have really felt is life was in danger, but I personally don't believe he should have shot at anyone. But he may be legally justified in doing so. 

Either way, the whole thing was avoidable.  




use of a firearm is considered deadly force.
the only time deadly force is to be used  is when you fear your life or the life of others are endangered.

a fleeing suspect hardly constitutes a life being endangered.

this entire situation could have been avoided.


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:06pm
So unnecessary. Didn't this happen on black Friday too? They need to be sentenced for murder.

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

It has to do with the fact that if you're a white woman from the suburbs who tries to steal a raggedy towel at Walmart, you get a tiny slap on the wrist. If you're a black woman trying to steal a raggedy towel at Walmart, you get your ass shot. Still don't see the parallel?

Your mind is all *&%^$#@Eed up.....and I don't even like white people.
White folks ain't out here hunting black women.....they just aren't.
She's dead because she's a thief....not because she's a black woman. 
 
So the sentence for stealing a few raggedy items at Walmart should be DEATH??? And you really think that would have happened had she been white? Really?


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

relax, man. 
 
Nope. That's one of the topics I can't relax about. That level of cluelessness irks me.


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Actions have consequences.



actions have appropriate consequences.



driving away from shoplifting should not be met w/ a death sentence.



I agree that actions should have appropriate consequences.

Unfortunately, sometimes the stars align in a way that a person's actions have unintended consequences and this was one of those times.

I don't know what he as a current police officer (though off duty) is obligated to do by law that extends past what regular security guards are allowed to do. And he may have really felt is life was in danger, but I personally don't believe he should have shot at anyone. But he may be legally justified in doing so. 

Either way, the whole thing was avoidable.  




use of a firearm is considered deadly force.
the only time deadly force is to be used  is when you fear your life or the life of others are endangered.

a fleeing suspect hardly constitutes a life being endangered.

this entire situation could have been avoided.

Like I said, I don't know what he is legally obligated to do. If he was legally obligated to pursue her outside of the store (due to his status as a deputy, even though he was off duty at the time) then deadly force at the point where the driver of the car was about to run him over may be justified because he felt his life was in danger.

Now, if he was not legally obligated to pursue her (because he was off duty at the time) then he is definitely wrong and should be dealt with accordingly.

That still doesn't erase the fact that this whole thing could have been avoided by not shoplifting in the first place.


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:14pm
if she was trying to run him over, it probably will be a justifiable murder. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:16pm
So he shot her when she tried to drive away while he was standing  in the open door? If I am reading that part correctly then she escalated it by using her vehicle as a weapon. At that point she was not concerned about the well being of that person or the kids that were with them. Sucks that she and the other 2 women put those children and themselves in the situation that they were in but they did. I'm sure this wasn't the first time.

 

-------------


Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:16pm

He will be back to work in no time if he isn't already, black people got to be extra careful. They want us dead Cry



Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

So the sentence for stealing a few raggedy items at Walmart should be DEATH??? And you really think that would have happened had she been white? Really?

1. I didn't say that.
2. Who knows...do we even know that the sheriff is white?
3. I'm not standing behind a thief. Trayvon Martin....minding his own business and getting shot. I'll stand by that. The boy sitting in the backseat of a car and getting shot....I'll stand behind that. The girl in Chicago that was shot because of a cell phone...I'll stand behind that. A thief that's stealing just because? Nope never. 
4. You can't get upset because someone has a difference of opinion. You need to grow up.



-------------


Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:21pm
After reading the responses I take it that a vast majority of the posters did NOT read the entire OP before posting......I'll leave it at that.


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:23pm
This is how that home intruder thread would have gone if the folk who broke in were blk.


-------------


Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:24pm
Stars align wtf lemme exit

Dying while black over something useless is hardly ever a coincidence.


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

So the sentence for stealing a few raggedy items at Walmart should be DEATH??? And you really think that would have happened had she been white? Really?

1. I didn't say that.
2. Who knows...do we even know that the sheriff is white?
3. I'm not standing behind a thief. Trayvon Martin....minding his own business and getting shot. I'll stand by that. The boy sitting in the backseat of a car and getting shot....I'll stand behind that. The girl in Chicago that was shot because of a cell phone...I'll stand behind that. A thief that's stealing just because? Nope never. 
4. You can't get upset because someone has a difference of opinion. You need to grow up.

 
I'm so tired of this argument. It's like someone saying that pedophiles are normal people with perfectly acceptable urges and you disagree with it and people accuse you of being upset for having a difference of opinion. Well yeah, I disagree. But if you don't see what the problem is with offing people who steal a towel or a shirt or some other raggedy item they sell at Walmart, then I don't know what else I can say.


Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:29pm
didn't the OP say they tried to run him over?
if so, it's sad but justified that he SHOT, not that she died


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:30pm
Having a different opinion is the same as being a  pedophile sympathizer




-------------


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:33pm
Your life must really suck. 

-------------


Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:36pm
May she RIP

-------------


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:37pm
Walmart will not pay for his legal fees when his ass go to court.

The CEO of Walmart will not give one fck if that man drop dead tomorrow

This is beyond just shoplifting, he wanted to kill a black person. I've been on both sides of the argument, I've worked retail and shoplifted (yeah I said it bish) there is no policy that says you do that. I've seen how some of these LP are,a lot of them are like police rejects.think of how a lot of police hate Negros..then think of a $9/hr rent a cop......they treat white shoplifting suspects so much differently. The other week we saw some meth head looking yt girl stuff clothes in her tote bag, the manager brushed it right off. But only the blacks get caught right?

Just wait till they start heavily going after you Jay walker and speeders.

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:38pm
the article said the deputy was between the door and the seat

if he was in front of the car-- or behind the car-- that would have been another story-
as i think the running over would have been a more plausible threat.

but from where he was-- i think he should have moved out the way- instead of taking a shot.


-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.


Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:38pm
I don't get how people can characterize what she was doing as no big deal. This is why our communities are falling apart.

She was shoplifting.
She was shoplifting at a store she was banned from for having been convicted of shoplifting in the past.
She was shoplifting with children present.
She was shoplifting knowing that her children were at home.

I am absolutely not saying that death is the appropriate punishment at all in any way. But if it was one of the kids who had died we'd be talking about how all these women were bad mothers/people/criminals and no one would be acting like what she did was no big deal.



Print Page | Close Window