Print Page | Close Window

Fat girls written on restaurant receipt.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351883
Printed Date: Sep 25 2017 at 5:32am


Topic: Fat girls written on restaurant receipt.
Posted By: Lilaca
Subject: Fat girls written on restaurant receipt.
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:33am

That's got to leave a bitter taste in the mouth! Women diners furious after their check comes with 'FAT GIRLS' written on top

By  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Daily+Mail+Reporter" rel="nofollow - DAILY MAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 19:21, 8 December 2012 UPDATED: 19:59, 8 December 2012

  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245158/Christine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.html#comments" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245158/Christine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.html#socialLinks" rel="nofollow -
    • < border="0" ="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" ="0" ="0" width="100%" id="I0_1355045430488" name="I0_1355045430488" ="https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fast?bsv&size=medium&hl=en-GB&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk&=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2245158%2FChristine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.&jsh=m%3B%2F_%2Fscs%2Fapps-static%2F_%2Fjs%2Fk%3Doz.gapi.en.BTGw9OUysuM.O%2Fm%3D__features__%2Fam%3DIQ%2Frt%3Dj%2Fd%3D1%2Frs%3DAItRSTPPcf6iZq3uvI5T07vyEf7uHPt_8w#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_%2C_%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled&id=I0_1355045430488&parent=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk" allowtransparency="true" title="+1" style=": static; top: 0px; width: 90px; margin: 0px; border-style: none; left: 0px; visibility: ; height: 20px;">
    • < allowtransparency="true" border="0" scrolling="no" ="http://plat.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_.1354761327.#_=1355045434418&count=horizontal&count=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2245158%2FChristine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2245158%2FChristine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.&size=m&text=Christine%20Duran%20check%3A%20Women%20diners%20furious%20after%20their%20check%20comes%20with%20'FAT%20GIRLS'%20written%20on%20top&=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FTSdNni&via=MailOnline" ="twitter-share- twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet " -twttr-rendered="true" style="width: 110px; height: 20px;">
    • http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2245158%2FChristine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.html&node_type=link&width=90&layout=button_count&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&send=false&extended_social_context=false" rel="nofollow">

After a nice meal out, you might expect the check to hurt your wallet. 

But you don't expect it to hurt your feelings.

However, that's exactly what happened to three California women on Thursday night, when their receipt came with the words 'Fat Girls' written across the top.

Christine Duran, Christina Huerta and Isabel Robles were having a good time at the Cameo Club Casino restaurant in Stockton but when they asked for the check they couldn't believe their eyes.

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

Check: The women were having a good time until they received their check, pictured, and noticed it said Fat Girls on the top

Check: The women were having a good time until they received their check, pictured, and noticed it said 'Fat Girls' on the top

'I got the bill, and I was like, why does the receipt say, "fat girls?"' Duran told  http://www.news10.net/news/article/220236/2/Restaurant-labels-women-as-Fat-Girls-on-bill" rel="nofollow">News 10 .

She said her pals thought she was joking at first.

'I was laughing at her, and she was like, "I'm serious." I'm like, "No, it does not say fat girls, let me see it,"' Huerta said.

 

More...

  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244861/Parents-outrage-teacher-told-students-draw-Obama-drowning-White-House-underwater.html" rel="nofollow - Parents' outrage after teacher told students to 'draw Obama drowning and White House underwater'
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2244686/University-Miami-ENN-University-sends-racist-warning-text-ALL-students.html" rel="nofollow - Black male on campus: University of Miami sends racist 'warning' text to ALL students after theft... but forgets to mention the crime

Duran showed the receipt to her friends who finally believed her. 

'I'm looking at it. I was like, "Oh, heck no,"' Robles said.

The ladies quizzed their waiter when he returned to their table but he denied any involvement. 

He said that Jeff, whose name was on the receipt, must have typed the offensive slur into the computer as he was taking their order. But he said Jeff had gone for the night.

The three women, upset and outraged, demanded to see a manager.

Hurt feelings: The women, pictured, took a photo of the receipt to prove how they were treated

Hurt feelings: The women, pictured, took a photo of the receipt to prove how they were treated

Upset: Isabel Robles, pictured, insists the offensive bill was no laughing matter

Upset: Isabel Robles, pictured, insists the offensive bill was no laughing matter

'He had a smirk on his face, like it was funny, but he was trying not to laugh,' Huerta said, describing the manager.

The manager told the women he was sorry for what happened and offered to discount their bill by 25 per cent. But the ladies were unimpressed by the offer.

'He was like, "Well, I can do 50 per cent," and we were just like, "Are you serious?"' Huerta said.

Huerta took a photo of the receipt so she had proof of how she and her friends had been treated by the restaurant. 

The women said they expect people to find the check amusing but insist it's no laughing matter.

'It's not funny,' Robles told News 10, tearing up.

Poor form: The Cameo Club Casino restaurant, pictured, have apologised for the receipt

Poor form: The Cameo Club Casino restaurant, pictured, have apologised for the receipt

'I can just see it over and over again, and I still can't believe it. They labeled us "fat girls." It's just something we got to deal with.'

Huerta added: 'I still can't believe it. I still can't get that out of my mind, what happened to us. I still can't believe that somebody would put that on a receipt.'

Cameo Club Casino bar manager Jimmy Seimers said he was disgusted at the staff member's joke.

'I was really appalled, obviously, at the behavior,' Seimers, who wasn't working that night, told News 10.

Seimers said he questioned Jeff when he found out and he admitted typing the words into the computer.

He said the waiter has been suspended as management continues to investigate the incident.

'I just want to tell (the women) that we're sincerely sorry for that, and that we'll do everything in our power to make sure that this never happens to anyone ever again,' Seimers told the TV station.



Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245158/Christine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.html#ixzz2EXtLzj4S" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2245158/Christine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.html#ixzz2EXtLzj4S  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook


Repizzle?



Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:36am
is that the same chain that does the 'pun' till receipts?



-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:37am
that upper arm is as big as my quad.. and my quads are by no means TINY!!!

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:03am
lmao....well...they are....

-------------
yo


Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:07am
Well that's rude. The restaurant should definitely fire that waiter.

-------------


Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:08am
They are big, but that was still rude and unnecessary


Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:09am
Of course this could be the little nudge they need to loose weight


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:11am
LOL I want to hear both sides of the story

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:12am
she cried on the news
that is rude as hell
....maybe it will motivate them to go for a run?



-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: sbrooke
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:23am
Smh.
The valley stays losing.

-------------
Fly brown mamacita.


Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:33am
Butthead couldn't just say table #. Foolish. 


Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:43am
It was rude as hell, but I never get why people get offended about the truth. If you know that you're overweight, why even let the word "fat" have a negative connotation in your mind?

If he would have done that to me, I would have hit his rude ass with a dose of his own..."I noticed you put fat on my receipt. You mad cuz I'm eating good?! How bout you do your job and go FETCH me something else to eat so you can earn this lil 18%. And hurry up with it cuz my fat ass is hungry."

Woulda stripped his punk ass of all the power he THOUGHT he had and STILL called corporate on his ass.

People let other people's words and opinions have too much power over them.


Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:46am
It wasn't very nice, but, uh...

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.


Posted By: H0tg1rl
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:49am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

It was rude as hell, but I never get why people get offended about the truth. If you know that you're overweight, why even let the word "fat" have a negative connotation in your mind?

If he would have done that to me, I would have hit his rude ass with a dose of his own..."I noticed you put fat on my receipt. You mad cuz I'm eating good?! How bout you do your job and go FETCH me something else to eat so you can earn this lil 18%. And hurry up with it cuz my fat ass is hungry."

Woulda stripped his punk ass of all the power he THOUGHT he had and STILL called corporate on his ass.

People let other people's words and opinions have too much power over them.


Same thing I would have done, lol, They need to watch more Mo'Nique "Skinny Bitches are Evil"


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:13am
I'm sorry but this sh*t is funny. Maybe I should start reading the top of my receipts, I never check mine. Off to church to repent I go...

-------------
- solo


Posted By: miamiu27
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:18am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

that upper arm is as big as my quad.. and my quads are by no means TINY!!!
 
Not nice


-------------
I don't have time to complain. Take off your bedroom slippers put on your marching shoes! Shake it off, Stop complaining, Stop grumbling, Stop Crying and We are gonna Press On, We got Work to Do!!


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:28am
Not sure how this is funny. Non one wants to pay to get disrespected.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: Soratachi
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:33am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Not sure how this is funny. Non one wants to pay to get disrespected.


Simples.

I wonder at the responses if they wrote the N word an the girls were black...


-------------
http://images58.fotki.com/v154/photos/7/1850227/11141506/DSC00292-vi.jpg" rel="nofollow - My Natural 4b/c Bun


Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:38am
It is funny though. If I was the manager, it would have been so hard to hold it together. Then again, I find most stuff like this funny.

They had every right to complain and expose it, though.


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:40am

I'd love to see this thread if the patrons had been a group of Black people, and that bill had read "darkies", "nappyheads", "monkeys", or "tarfaces".

I mean, what's the big deal right?  "it's true", isn't it? They're just pointing out the obvious, and maybe you can go lighten your skin if it bothers you, or perm your naps.

All of your kids, siblings, and mamas must be dime pieces.  If not, and I'm SURE they're not, hopefully none of your bad karma finds something like this happening to them.

Smmfh.

THIS is why I don't venture into "real" threads, coconess.  People have no proper upbringing, and I don't want to deal with their ignorance.



-------------


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:42am
I giggled when I saw the receipt. Like who thinks about doing that? LOL


-------------
yo


Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:43am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

I'd love to see this thread if the patrons had been a group of Black people, and that bill had read "darkies", "nappyheads", "monkeys", or "tarfaces".

I mean, what's the big deal right?  "it's true", isn't it? They're just pointing out the obvious, and maybe you can go lighten your skin if it bothers you, or perm your naps.

All of your kids, siblings, and mamas must be dime pieces.  If not, and I'm SURE they're not, hopefully none of your bad karma finds something like this happening to them.

Smmfh.

THIS is why I don't venture into "real" threads, coconess.  People have no proper upbringing, and I don't want to deal with their ignorance.


Girl YES! Thank you for putting into words what I'm feeling. 

Also, I don't see how it's funny at all. I mean if were something in reference to race like CLC said I don't think ya'll would be laughing (then again who knows because some of ya'll on BHM are basic as hell so ya'll probably would still laugh). 


Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:52am
Florida?


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:04am
If it had been a group of skinny girls who had nothing but lemon water and lettuce and the waiter/waitress put "anorexic girls" I do believe people would react the same way...let's compare apples with apples not apples with oranges...if the receipt said "darkies" the "n" word or any of that this would be a whole different article and situation because the waiter would have caught a beat down and the restaurant might have gotten torn up and Al Sharpton would be on every news channel and then some..the funny part is just the randomness of what the waiter did..is it nice..nope..but one has to chuckle at his stupidity for doing it..thing is..those women should have just gone to the manager and filed a complaint...bringing it to the media just enhances it 

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:04am
Wth…

-------------


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:10am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

If it had been a group of skinny girls who had nothing but lemon water and lettuce and the waiter/waitress put "anorexic girls" I do believe people would react the same way...let's compare apples with apples not apples with oranges...if the receipt said "darkies" the "n" word or any of that this would be a whole different article and situation because the waiter would have caught a beat down and the restaurant might have gotten torn up and Al Sharpton would be on every news channel and then some..the funny part is just the randomness of what the waiter did..is it nice..nope..but one has to chuckle at his stupidity for doing it..thing is..those women should have just gone to the manager and filed a complaint...bringing it to the media just enhances it 
 
Nah, PREJUDICE IS PREJUDICE. 
 
Don't you get it?
 
The same group of inbreds who can down a group of obese women (and oh, make NO mistake, they ARE big girls--I'm not even trying to dispute that sh*t) is the same group that can easily use the N word on the next ticket, because people are chuckle-chuckle-ha-ha'ing at it when it's not directed at them...YET.
 
If you want to live life with ignorant thoughts, that's cool, but don't try to make sense out of them to others because you'll fail.
 
I'd be going just as hard in the paint if the ticket read "uggos", "midgets", "b*tches", "ghetto", "homos" or "wh*res".
 
Scratch alladat, and please come correctly next time or don't come at all.
 
For the most discriminated against group in the world, Black people are so damn quick to race to find someone else, ANYONE else to look down on. 
 
That sh*t is not cute, or acceptable.  F*ck your "logic".  LIKE I SAID, IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR SISTER, YOU'D NOT BE LAUGHING.  Foh.


-------------


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:16am
Lmao

-------------
yo


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:20am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

If it had been a group of skinny girls who had nothing but lemon water and lettuce and the waiter/waitress put "anorexic girls" I do believe people would react the same way...let's compare apples with apples not apples with oranges...if the receipt said "darkies" the "n" word or any of that this would be a whole different article and situation because the waiter would have caught a beat down and the restaurant might have gotten torn up and Al Sharpton would be on every news channel and then some..the funny part is just the randomness of what the waiter did..is it nice..nope..but one has to chuckle at his stupidity for doing it..thing is..those women should have just gone to the manager and filed a complaint...bringing it to the media just enhances it 
 
Nah, PREJUDICE IS PREJUDICE. 
 
If you want to live life with ignorant thoughts, that's cool, but don't try to make sense out of them to others because you'll fail.
 
I'd be going just as hard in the paint if the ticket read "uggos", "midgets", "b*tches", "ghetto", or "wh*res".
 
Scratch alladat, and please come correctly next time or don't come at all.
 
For the most discriminated against group in the world, Black people are so damn quick to race to find someone else, ANYONE else to look down on. 
 
That sh*t is not cute, or acceptable.  F*ck your "logic".  LIKE I SAID, IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR SISTER, YOU'D NOT BE LAUGHING.  Foh.


Ok..I understand this might hit home for you.

I actually have big people in my family and we would have chuckled and then went to take care of the situation. This is why I originally say I want to hear both sides of the story because who knows what transpired.

S/N: Did someone tell you that you pump fear? Because you don't so you can tone down your keystrokes it is so unnecessary Sleepy




-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:24am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

If it had been a group of skinny girls who had nothing but lemon water and lettuce and the waiter/waitress put "anorexic girls" I do believe people would react the same way...let's compare apples with apples not apples with oranges...if the receipt said "darkies" the "n" word or any of that this would be a whole different article and situation because the waiter would have caught a beat down and the restaurant might have gotten torn up and Al Sharpton would be on every news channel and then some..the funny part is just the randomness of what the waiter did..is it nice..nope..but one has to chuckle at his stupidity for doing it..thing is..those women should have just gone to the manager and filed a complaint...bringing it to the media just enhances it 
 
Nah, PREJUDICE IS PREJUDICE. 
 
If you want to live life with ignorant thoughts, that's cool, but don't try to make sense out of them to others because you'll fail.
 
I'd be going just as hard in the paint if the ticket read "uggos", "midgets", "b*tches", "ghetto", or "wh*res".
 
Scratch alladat, and please come correctly next time or don't come at all.
 
For the most discriminated against group in the world, Black people are so damn quick to race to find someone else, ANYONE else to look down on. 
 
That sh*t is not cute, or acceptable.  F*ck your "logic".  LIKE I SAID, IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR SISTER, YOU'D NOT BE LAUGHING.  Foh.


Ok..I understand this might hit home for you.

I actually have big people in my family and we would have chuckled and then went to take care of the situation. This is why I originally say I want to hear both sides of the story because who knows what transpired.




 
Ah, I see.  To be offended by discrimination of any sort, you need to look like the chicks in the picture.  So, being that I've voiced my disgust for discrimination against gays, men who are raped, school bullies, parents who kill their children because they won't stop crying, etc., I must be a gay man who was raped after being bullied in school and...killed by my mother?  Yeah.  No.  Siddown.
 
And, by your OWN logic, being that (if that's you in your profile pic) you AREN'T overweight, you laughing at your fat family members makes you an insensitive b*tch, not "down with the fatties, cuz they're your kin".
 
Lol. 
 
Just stop typing.  Srsly.
 
Stahp.
 
Srsly.


-------------


Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:25am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

If it had been a group of skinny girls who had nothing but lemon water and lettuce and the waiter/waitress put "anorexic girls" I do believe people would react the same way...let's compare apples with apples not apples with oranges...if the receipt said "darkies" the "n" word or any of that this would be a whole different article and situation because the waiter would have caught a beat down and the restaurant might have gotten torn up and Al Sharpton would be on every news channel and then some..the funny part is just the randomness of what the waiter did..is it nice..nope..but one has to chuckle at his stupidity for doing it..thing is..those women should have just gone to the manager and filed a complaint...bringing it to the media just enhances it 
 
Nah, PREJUDICE IS PREJUDICE. 
 
If you want to live life with ignorant thoughts, that's cool, but don't try to make sense out of them to others because you'll fail.
 
I'd be going just as hard in the paint if the ticket read "uggos", "midgets", "b*tches", "ghetto", or "wh*res".
 
Scratch alladat, and please come correctly next time or don't come at all.
 
For the most discriminated against group in the world, Black people are so damn quick to race to find someone else, ANYONE else to look down on. 
 
That sh*t is not cute, or acceptable.  F*ck your "logic".  LIKE I SAID, IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR SISTER, YOU'D NOT BE LAUGHING.  Foh.


Ok..I understand this might hit home for you.

I actually have big people in my family and we would have chuckled and then went to take care of the situation. This is why I originally say I want to hear both sides of the story because who knows what transpired.






Pretty much what they did until they realized it wasn't a joke.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2245158%2FChristine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.html&node_type=link&width=90&layout=button_count&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&send=false&extended_social_context=false" rel="nofollow - http://www.news10.net/news/article/220236/2/Restaurant-labels-women-as-Fat-Girls-on-bill" rel="nofollow - .

She said her pals thought she was joking at first.

'I was laughing at her, and she was like, "I'm serious."


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:28am
They chuckled because they thought she was joking, until they saw it with their own eyes.
 
They can chuckle all they wanted to, if the case was different, if you're encouraging discrimination at a restaurant, all I'm saying is don't be mad when your mom's bill comes back "church wig n*ggrette"


-------------


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:29am
My attention is more on the receipt and the waiter took the time to type that in....the first thing that came to my mind is what happened. They probably did something to provoke it..some people can be mean when they aren't happy with themselves...like you



-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:29am
Lol so dramatic....

-------------
yo


Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:30am
.


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:32am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

If it had been a group of skinny girls who had nothing but lemon water and lettuce and the waiter/waitress put "anorexic girls" I do believe people would react the same way...let's compare apples with apples not apples with oranges...if the receipt said "darkies" the "n" word or any of that this would be a whole different article and situation because the waiter would have caught a beat down and the restaurant might have gotten torn up and Al Sharpton would be on every news channel and then some..the funny part is just the randomness of what the waiter did..is it nice..nope..but one has to chuckle at his stupidity for doing it..thing is..those women should have just gone to the manager and filed a complaint...bringing it to the media just enhances it 
 
Nah, PREJUDICE IS PREJUDICE. 
 
If you want to live life with ignorant thoughts, that's cool, but don't try to make sense out of them to others because you'll fail.
 
I'd be going just as hard in the paint if the ticket read "uggos", "midgets", "b*tches", "ghetto", or "wh*res".
 
Scratch alladat, and please come correctly next time or don't come at all.
 
For the most discriminated against group in the world, Black people are so damn quick to race to find someone else, ANYONE else to look down on. 
 
That sh*t is not cute, or acceptable.  F*ck your "logic".  LIKE I SAID, IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR MOTHER OR YOUR SISTER, YOU'D NOT BE LAUGHING.  Foh.


Ok..I understand this might hit home for you.

I actually have big people in my family and we would have chuckled and then went to take care of the situation. This is why I originally say I want to hear both sides of the story because who knows what transpired.






Pretty much what they did until they realized it wasn't a joke.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2245158%2FChristine-Duran-check-Women-diners-furious-check-comes-FAT-GIRLS-written-top.html&node_type=link&width=90&layout=button_count&colorscheme=light&show_faces=false&send=false&extended_social_context=false" rel="nofollow - http://www.news10.net/news/article/220236/2/Restaurant-labels-women-as-Fat-Girls-on-bill" rel="nofollow - .

She said her pals thought she was joking at first.

'I was laughing at her, and she was like, "I'm serious."


Exactly...that is what anyone would think..it was a joke and then go handle it.

I'm just saying..I'm know if it were reversed and they were talking about skinny girls people wouldn't be going so hard in the paint over the situation....


-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:32am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

My attention is more on the receipt and the waiter took the time to type that in....the first thing that came to my mind is what happened. They probably did something to provoke it..some people can be mean when they aren't happy with themselves...like you

 
That is NOT a reason to namecall on a receipt.
 
Period.
 
Wow...I'ma leave you be, cuz you are ::wooshing over your head:: missing the point.


-------------


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?


Hecks no...and yes I know I wasn't the one being asked, but she wouldn't nor would anyone else LOL


-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?
 
I'd be going just as hard.
 
Discrimination is discrimination.
 
Maybe it's because I have friends who are disabled, or gay, or have eating disorders (that go both ways), but I have been ready to rip someone's throat out over mistreatment of them especially for no reason.
 
Now, if they're acting a bunch of fools and picking fights with people, and get called names--they on their own.  I'm not going to join in, nod my approval, or take sides on that one--I'm not getting my ass beat for loudmouthed friends, and they know that. 
 
I'm keepin' it real.


-------------


Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

My attention is more on the receipt and the waiter took the time to type that in....the first thing that came to my mind is what happened. They probably did something to provoke it..some people can be mean when they aren't happy with themselves...like you


So assuming they did do something that may have provoked the waiter, that makes it alright? And for all we know they probably didn't provoke the waiter at all. Either way it's not right. Being ignorant and doing sh*t like this is NOT worth losing your job over regardless of whether it may have been because a customer "provoked" you or not.


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:35am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?


Hecks no...and yes I know I wasn't the one being asked, but she wouldn't nor would anyone else LOL
 
Don't ever f*ckin speak for me, okay, boo boo?
 
You don't know me.
 
Thank you though for showcasing your ignorance by answering when no one was speaking to you, however.  You proved my point.
 
Now, like I said, SIT THEE F*CK DOWN.
 
ALLLL the way down.
 
 


-------------


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:38am
 
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?


Hecks no...and yes I know I wasn't the one being asked, but she wouldn't nor would anyone else LOL
 
Don't ever f*ckin speak for me, okay, boo boo?
 
You don't know me.
 
Thank you though for showcasing your ignorance by answering when no one was speaking to you, however.  You proved my point.
 
Now, like I said, SIT THEE F*CK DOWN.
 
ALLLL the way down.
 
 


LOL LOL You're so serious
Trust I don't want to know you..I'm sure you can kick my buttCry



-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:40am
Good then.
 
Finally, we agree.


-------------


Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:41am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?


Hecks no...and yes I know I wasn't the one being asked, but she wouldn't nor would anyone else LOL
 
Don't ever f*ckin speak for me, okay, boo boo?
 
You don't know me.
 
Thank you though for showcasing your ignorance by answering when no one was speaking to you, however.  You proved my point.
 
Now, like I said, SIT THEE F*CK DOWN.
 
ALLLL the way down.
 
 

CLC you ever heard the saying "it's like talking to a brick wall?" I honestly don't think you'd get anywhere with this conversation unfortunately and with this specific topic you never will especially on BHM.


Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:42am
My unpopular opinion here. U can't control ur race but u can control what u put in ur mouth. I know because I was once big and had to work my butt off to loose weight. Don't stone me, just my feelings coming from a former big girl.

And yes it was rude and uncalled for though


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:43am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

My attention is more on the receipt and the waiter took the time to type that in....the first thing that came to my mind is what happened. They probably did something to provoke it..some people can be mean when they aren't happy with themselves...like you


So assuming they did do something that may have provoked the waiter, that makes it alright? And for all we know they probably didn't provoke the waiter at all. Either way it's not right. Being ignorant and doing sh*t like this is NOT worth losing your job over regardless of whether it may have been because a customer "provoked" you or not.


Assuming they did something to provoke the situation they are lucky all they got was a receipt saying "fat girls" vs spit or something else in their food.


-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

My unpopular opinion here. U can't control ur race but u can control what u put in ur mouth. I know because I was once big and had to work my butt off to loose weight. Don't stone me, just my feelings coming from a former big girl.
 
Respectable, but you can also control your hair--if you're natural and your ticket said "nappyass", would that be okay with you?
 
My point has nothing to do with them being obese (they are, and I can't say whether that's going to help or hurt their plans...if they have any...for weight loss, but they are).
 
It's the fact that this is an establishment.  This isn't Uncle Rosco's backyard Bar-B-Que where he hands you a plate, and says, "alright, go on 'head with your big self, fat girl!"
 
This is a place of business, and discrimination of any sort should not be accepted/tolerated/ignored.


-------------


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:45am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?


Hecks no...and yes I know I wasn't the one being asked, but she wouldn't nor would anyone else LOL
 
Don't ever f*ckin speak for me, okay, boo boo?
 
You don't know me.
 
Thank you though for showcasing your ignorance by answering when no one was speaking to you, however.  You proved my point.
 
Now, like I said, SIT THEE F*CK DOWN.
 
ALLLL the way down.
 
 

CLC you ever heard the saying "it's like talking to a brick wall?" I honestly don't think you'd get anywhere with this conversation unfortunately and with this specific topic you never will especially on BHM.
 
Yep.
 
I wait for the thread these people start about being discriminated against.  I'll be there to laugh, because hey...it's funny, right?  Sleepy


-------------


Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:51am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

My unpopular opinion here. U can't control ur race but u can control what u put in ur mouth. I know because I was once big and had to work my butt off to loose weight. Don't stone me, just my feelings coming from a former big girl.

 

Respectable, but you can also control your hair--if you're natural and your ticket said "nappyass", would that be okay with you?

 

My point has nothing to do with them being obese (they are, and I can't say whether that's going to help or hurt their plans...if they have any...for weight loss, but they are).

 

It's the fact that this is an establishment.  This isn't Uncle Rosco's backyard Bar-B-Que where he hands you a plate, and says, "alright, go on 'head with your big self, fat girl!"

 

This is a place of business, and discrimination of any sort should not be accepted/tolerated/ignored.



I completely understand where ur coming from. My crazy self didn't even look at it like that. Makes sense


Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:52am
So are we under the impression that NOTHING that is mean/offensive is funny?

For the record.


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:52am
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?


Hecks no...and yes I know I wasn't the one being asked, but she wouldn't nor would anyone else LOL
 
Don't ever f*ckin speak for me, okay, boo boo?
 
You don't know me.
 
Thank you though for showcasing your ignorance by answering when no one was speaking to you, however.  You proved my point.
 
Now, like I said, SIT THEE F*CK DOWN.
 
ALLLL the way down.
 
 

CLC you ever heard the saying "it's like talking to a brick wall?" I honestly don't think you'd get anywhere with this conversation unfortunately and with this specific topic you never will especially on BHM.
 
Yep.
 
I wait for the thread these people start about being discriminated against.  I'll be there to laugh, because hey...it's funny, right?  Sleepy


Oh no..I want to see you in those threads caping mad hard like you are doing in here...fck that LOLYou said prejudice is prejudice


-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by Harmonii Harmonii wrote:

My unpopular opinion here. U can't control ur race but u can control what u put in ur mouth. I know because I was once big and had to work my butt off to loose weight. Don't stone me, just my feelings coming from a former big girl.

 

Respectable, but you can also control your hair--if you're natural and your ticket said "nappyass", would that be okay with you?

 

My point has nothing to do with them being obese (they are, and I can't say whether that's going to help or hurt their plans...if they have any...for weight loss, but they are).

 

It's the fact that this is an establishment.  This isn't Uncle Rosco's backyard Bar-B-Que where he hands you a plate, and says, "alright, go on 'head with your big self, fat girl!"

 

This is a place of business, and discrimination of any sort should not be accepted/tolerated/ignored.



I completely understand where ur coming from. My crazy self didn't even look at it like that. Makes sense
 
You're not crazy at all; most people aren't thinking about it being something that can affect them because it's about a topic that doesn't.
 
That was my point from the beginning: true, they can lose weight, and you can't change your skin color, but it doesn't have to be a skin color, or racial slur, it can be discrimination against anything next time (gap between your teeth, pimples on your face, baldness, your weave, etc.) if you ignore it when it's not about you.
 
Namecalling, in general, is going to happen. Can't stop that.  But at an establishment, on a receipt??? Yeah, that can be stopped.


-------------


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 6:56am
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

So CLC...what if me and my homies were at that restuarant...we all pretty short...ranging from 5'2-5'5...if the receipt said "Lil Men".....would u be going hard for us too? Or cracking jokes?


Hecks no...and yes I know I wasn't the one being asked, but she wouldn't nor would anyone else LOL
 
Don't ever f*ckin speak for me, okay, boo boo?
 
You don't know me.
 
Thank you though for showcasing your ignorance by answering when no one was speaking to you, however.  You proved my point.
 
Now, like I said, SIT THEE F*CK DOWN.
 
ALLLL the way down.
 
 

CLC you ever heard the saying "it's like talking to a brick wall?" I honestly don't think you'd get anywhere with this conversation unfortunately and with this specific topic you never will especially on BHM.
 
Yep.
 
I wait for the thread these people start about being discriminated against.  I'll be there to laugh, because hey...it's funny, right?  Sleepy


Oh no..I want to see you in those threads caping mad hard like you are doing in here...fck that LOLYou said prejudice is prejudice
 
Nah.  If I can't beat them, I'll join them.  CLC wants to laugh too.
 
Sheit.


-------------


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:06am
wasnt there another thread with a similar receipt that said something about the patrons as well but it was the chain's schtick?

was it about boobs or blonds or something

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:08am
That's nuts.
 
Letting something like that go before race is attacked is like allowing a child to knock something off the table and not scolding them, and then getting angry when they're taking a scissor to your leather couch.  How you gonna get mad at them for not respecting things and people when it hits too close to home for you, when you weren't saying anything when it was in its infancy stage?


-------------


Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:12am
Doing too merchhhh


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:19am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

That's nuts.
 
Letting something like that go before race is attacked is like allowing a child to knock something off the table and not scolding them, and then getting angry when they're taking a scissor to your leather couch.  How you gonna get mad at them for not respecting things and people when it hits too close to home for you, when you weren't saying anything when it was in its infancy stage?


lol

people care about things that directly affect more so than things that indirectly affect them
 
Yeah, unfortunately that's true.
 
There was a post somewhere about Black women hating when men of other races approach them and call them "ebony".  I remember a slew of Black women going off on it, and I was just sitting back like Confused because I didn't think it was offensive, but then one girl said, "you let that slide, and next thing you know it's "midnight" or "tar" or something that's really going there", and I saw their point.  It's like, once it hits that height, how can you get upset when you weren't saying anything about it from the get-go?
 
There's always a thin line between discrimination and humor or "calling it like you see it" though, that's never going to change.


-------------


Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:24am
I wonder how many more incidents like this will happen



Hello serial one starrer!


-------------


Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:25am
I disagree with using the label fat being compared to using the label n!gg@....

One is a statement of fact, the other is a racial slur....

The correct comparison would be

fat girls
vs
black girls


-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:29am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

I disagree with using the label fat being compared to using the label n!gg@....

One is a statement of fact, the other is a racial slur....

The correct comparison would be

fat girls
vs
black girls
 
They're both discrimination when put on a receipt though, no?
 
 


-------------


Posted By: Oladunni
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:30am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

I disagree with using the label fat being compared to using the label n!gg@....

One is a statement of fact, the other is a racial slur....

The correct comparison would be

fat girls
vs
black girls


OK!
i think everyone in here agrees that what Jeff wrote was disrespectful....
He should be terminated
We're just acknowledging that it is the truth..
Brotha Man is not a good comparison at all to being called fat.. FOH!


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:32am
God...I love fat threads. I can always find entertainment in them

-------------
yo


Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:39am
Black girls,  if written on a receipt is discriminatory? what about white girls? or old ladies?  How do we decide what is a descriptor and what is a slur

I don't disagree that what was written on the receipt was offensive and wrong, I just don't think it should be compared to say had they written n!gg@

I think that lessens how offensive the term n!gg@ actually is, given the history etc.

N!gg@ is an offensive term for black people... there are lots of offensive words for fat people, none of which were used.


-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Oladunni Oladunni wrote:

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

I disagree with using the label fat being compared to using the label n!gg@....

One is a statement of fact, the other is a racial slur....

The correct comparison would be

fat girls
vs
black girls


OK!
i think everyone in here agrees that what Jeff wrote was disrespectful....
He should be terminated
We're just acknowledging that it is the truth..
Brotha Man is not a good comparison at all to being called fat.. FOH!
 
Might not be a good comparison, but when that next receipt has the 'N' word on it, can't do anything but shrug if you're laughing one prejudice slur off, and not the next.
 
Hop, skip, jump away from going there in most cases.  I know tooooo many people that were getting chuckles at making fun of clothing, hair, complexion, etc., and it made them brave enough to venture into race, and suddenly the laughter stopped.


-------------


Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:43am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


blacks would care that N was on the receipt

empathetic people and larger people will care that fat was on this receipt



this sums it up.


Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:45am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

I disagree with using the label fat being compared to using the label n!gg@....

One is a statement of fact, the other is a racial slur....

The correct comparison would be

fat girls
vs
black girls


The person that said this needs a dictionary for Christmas and a lesson on similes. Comparing the use of the word 'fat' to using a pejorative? Ouch


Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:47am
Would it have been discrimination if the receipt had read "redhead girls"?


Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:49am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Black girls,  if written on a receipt is discriminatory? what about white girls? or old ladies?  How do we decide what is a descriptor and what is a slur

I don't disagree that what was written on the receipt was offensive and wrong, I just don't think it should be compared to say had they written n!gg@

I think that lessens how offensive the term n!gg@ actually is, given the history etc.

N!gg@ is an offensive term for black people... there are lots of offensive words for fat people, none of which were used.

are you really going to act like "fat" doesn't have a negative connotation...

I don't know whether people are playing dumb to save face, or are genuinely this socially inept.


Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Would it have been discrimination if the receipt had read "redhead girls"?


we already know fat is different than redhead

it just is

maybe some gingers would get upset though....I don't know


I know one is considered an offensive description, while the other isn't. I'm just getting back to the idea presented here that discrimination is discrimination. I'm curious about if ANY description would be considered discrimination.

I think almost everyone here agreed it was mean and rude, and should have been reported. Fat is mean and hurts peoples feelings. I'm more focused on the other ideas being thrown out.


Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:54am
The waiter would have covered the bill himself,and would have still been reported to the corperation. People find it really funny when other's make rude comments about weight,but really I don't pay money to be insulted,and I would be offended if a family member,or close friend had suffered through the same treatment.I would be ready to rip that asshole's head off...

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....


Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 7:54am
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Black girls,  if written on a receipt is discriminatory? what about white girls? or old ladies?  How do we decide what is a descriptor and what is a slur

I don't disagree that what was written on the receipt was offensive and wrong, I just don't think it should be compared to say had they written n!gg@

I think that lessens how offensive the term n!gg@ actually is, given the history etc.

N!gg@ is an offensive term for black people... there are lots of offensive words for fat people, none of which were used.

are you really going to act like "fat" doesn't have a negative connotation...

I don't know whether people are playing dumb to save face, or are genuinely this socially inept.


Did you read the bolded? How did you interpret that?

My argument is not about fat not having negative connotations, which is why I took the trouble of highlighting that part to avoid being misconstrued by those who do not read and comprehend fully.

My argument is purely about it being compared with the term n!gg@, and that has been consistent in all my posts.

Anyway, since when was having a different opinion considered "playing dumb" or "being socially inept"?


-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!


Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:23am
I can't believe yall in here tryna explain why this wasn't "that offensive"

It was rude and discriminatory. Period.


This type of behavior shouldn't be condone no matter who is the victim


Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:31am
So fat is a compliment? Geek
He couldn't find any other descriptors? 


-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.


Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:34am
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

So fat is a compliment? Geek
He couldn't find any other descriptors? 


actually it is in some culturesBig smile


-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!


Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:43am
Maybe they ment Phat.. with a "PH".

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)


Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

So fat is a compliment? Geek
He couldn't find any other descriptors? 


actually it is in some culturesBig smile
i was gonna say, don't some african cultures like their women to be thick? But these women are obese not the nice fatLOL

-------------


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:14am

[/QUOTE]

are you really going to act like "fat" doesn't have a negative connotation...

I don't know whether people are playing dumb to save face, or are genuinely this socially inept.
[/QUOTE]
Sums it up nicely



Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:41am
don't matter if we, they the whole knows that these girls are fat.  yes they are fat, big, obese, heavy weights...however...they were in a place of business receiving a service.  That was uncalled for. 
I can't believe what i'm reading in this thread. descrimination is descrimination.  usually ya'll cape for fat girls.  why not now?

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.


Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:47am
On Sundays.

-------------


Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:50am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

So fat is a compliment? Geek
He couldn't find any other descriptors? 


actually it is in some culturesBig smile

<----Is African. I come from a culture that also likes their women thick.  People get made fun of for being fat in Africa too. 

Edited to add: This happened in California. Why are we bringing up other cultures? We are talking about the stigma of being overweight in America. 


-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:50am
The most is being done here. Certain topics are more sensitive to joke about than others. You can joke about tall people, short people, skinny people etc. but you can never, ever ever joke about fat people or you will be crucified and sent to the pits of hell.

-------------
- solo


Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:51am
Originally posted by solo solo wrote:

The most is being done here. Certain topics are more sensitive to joke about than others. You can joke about tall people, short people, skinny people etc. but you can never, ever ever joke about fat people or you will be crucified and sent to the pits of hell.

This. Remember the thread about Forest Whitaker's wife?



-------------
Women are not the problem. they are the solution.


Posted By: Star007
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:53am
I'm sorry but LOLLOL


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:02am
clc told the gotdamn truth all in this thread

it's always funny...when it's not you


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:04am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


BHM capes for fat women?
 
 
yeah...usually. i've seen threads where folks are pro-fat.  Usually involves JHud or Gabourey.
 
 i've gotten my ass handed to me before for saying that most fat girls can't pull quality dudes.


-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:05am
That's messed up.the restaurant should have gave them free gift cards and covered their next 5 meals

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:05am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Black girls,  if written on a receipt is discriminatory? what about white girls? or old ladies?  How do we decide what is a descriptor and what is a slur

I don't disagree that what was written on the receipt was offensive and wrong, I just don't think it should be compared to say had they written n!gg@

I think that lessens how offensive the term n!gg@ actually is, given the history etc.

N!gg@ is an offensive term for black people... there are lots of offensive words for fat people, none of which were used.

are you really going to act like "fat" doesn't have a negative connotation...

I don't know whether people are playing dumb to save face, or are genuinely this socially inept.


playing dumb I guess to save face

just embrace your inner asshole and say I get some jollies out of fat jokes

could have saved this thread 9 pages


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

<div style=": rgb255, 255, 255; margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; ">clc told the gotdamn truth all in this thread

it's always funny...when it's not you




I think it really depends on who you are. And like RandomThoughts said...are we really agreeing that nothing offensive is funny? There are other damaging things to be teased about than being fat that other people have learned to shake off.

-------------
- solo


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


BHM capes for fat women?



Bhm does the most for fat women!
I got banned after making a precious thread.so yes as a whole many of y'all are extremely over sensitive to the plight of the obese

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:12am
i get making fat jokes, but that was mega rude. like seriously?
that was offensive. 

i mean, if you find offensive things funny, then by all means laugh at prejudice acts. 
but i know. I KNOW, if it were some white people who wrote darkies on a receipt, you guys would have been calling lawyers for them. 

but bhm is a bowlful of hypocrites. 


-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:12am
I'm slim with a nice booty. So I can't relate. .


And wasn't there that saga of threads where ppl were going in on bloggers for saying they were a certain dress size and everyone was like "hayelll nawll u aint no size 10 heaux!".

BHM never forgets

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)


Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:14am


Race and weight are definitely not the same.

apples and oranges



-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call


Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:21am
This will probably offend someone but I hate when people act like fat jokes are the lowest of low when it's still something you can change. There are people with serious body deformities, skin color disorders, speech impediments, mental disorders and etc that get teased and can never do anything about it. Even a 5 2 guy with a hard Napoleon complex whose bothers and sisters are all 5 10 and up... Can't change his height.
I hope there is no one in here that says we have no right to find this funny that made joe sun jokes.

-------------
- solo


Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:23am
why are we talking about jokes? this wasn't a joke. Confused

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:24am
Thank you solo!

Fat people can change their weight.i'm sorry that happened to those women but I bet those bitches wasn't ordering salads. Yet let Joe Sun pop up and many a cripple joke will be made. But hey, if YOU'RE not in a wheelchair I guess its ok lol.

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Soratachi Soratachi wrote:

Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Not sure how this is funny. Non one wants to pay to get disrespected.


Simples.

I wonder at the responses if they wrote the N word an the girls were black...
my first thought when i saw the thread.


Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:26am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

Thank you solo!

Fat people can change their weight.i'm sorry that happened to those women but I bet those bitches wasn't ordering salads. Yet let Joe Sun pop up and many a cripple joke will be made. But hey, if YOU'RE not in a wheelchair I guess its ok lol.


nope they didn't order salads. looking at the receipt they ordered 3 tri-tip steak sandwiches, 3 large fries and 2 cokes and 1 sprite. they probably went HAM on them sandwiches too.


-------------
God bless




Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:27am
Fat jokes aren't the lowest of low. But, the waiter needs to be fired... I mean does he know anything about customer service.


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:31am
what type of shyt is this? paying to be insulted???? foh.

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:31am
Well, they are fat

jr.

-------------


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:33am
yup. that's my thing. Ok yes...fat and ni99a are not on the same level. How about if these girls has some sort of retardation....down syndrome or something and they wrote retards at the type of the receipt? Would we laugh cause hey...*shrugs* it ain't us?
I can't do that. I know handicapped and mentally handicapped folks and if this happened to them i'd be highly upset. Just because it's not me doesn't mean I can't empathize.
 
 
I can't even believe that y'all are low key cosigning this.  
 
Yes the girls don't have to be fat.  I don't co-sign obesity in and of itself but this ain't about why those girls are fat.  These girls were insulted in a place of business and they have the right to be mad.  Even if that's how the waiter felt why would he put that on a receipt unless he wanted them to see it?  When u talk about folks you do it while you're in the back pocketing the tip they just gave u.


-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.



Print Page | Close Window