Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351880
Printed Date: Dec 13 2019 at 4:34am

Topic: How to handle nosy co-workers?
Posted By: Nigerian_princess
Subject: How to handle nosy co-workers?
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 11:24pm
I work at a nursing home with a lot of hard working black women with rough looking weaves. One women in particular was admiring my new italian yaki and would not stop raving about how real it looks. Loudly. In the lobby. In front of everyone that was waiting to clock in. 

Mind you, I could care less if people I work with know I wear a weave, but not only was she obscenely loud while going on and on and ON about how real my fake hair looked, she was literally digging through the hair to...I don't even know, feel the cap I sewed it on? IDK but she was doing the absolute most. My question is how do you deal with people who are trying to get a little too familiar with your hair? Again I work in a nursing home, and idk what this Censored was doing before she decided to start digging for weave treasures. I didn't realize how annoyed I was until this very moment...

Oh and she gave me her phone number so I could give her my vendor's website so she could order her own. Even though she scoffed at the price of the hair plus shipping. Like...why do I even bother with some people?

-------------
follow me on Instagram @ Ijeomamama
watch me @ www.youtube.com/pajamagirl123

Replies:
Posted By: MISS CR
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:08am
Some people have a lot of nerve and no tact. The last time that situation happened to me while at work I looked at her, backed up and said  Can we discuss this later and walked away. She got the message.
I had no intention of "discussing it later" but that was better than what I really wanted to say to her.

Posted By: choc_lover
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:56am
Some people are so rude. I slapped someone's hands off my weave once. And I'll do it again

-------------

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:40am
This summer while traveling on business I got a couple inquisitive people asking me about my hair - especially when I told them it was a weave.  Meh... I've had people ask to touch, see the parting, and brush my hair (yes brush)- I tell them ALL no you can see visually but putting your hands in my head is an extreme no-no.  You are better than me.

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:21am
I'm dreading seeing her again today. I don't need HR up my but wondering why I'm slapping peopleOuch

-------------

Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:33am
Just be honest,and tell her that you are offended..

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....

Posted By: OneLove1987
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:37am
i honestly think its jealousy and envy. why else would she feel the need to let everyone know it's not your hair or it's a weave? its a way to be like, "yeah girl you look good, but HEY IT'S NOT YOURS, HEY YA'LL THIS AINT HER HAIR.  i feel they are backhanded compliments. take it in stride, she mad.

Posted By: Bonjour baby ooowee
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:30am
just like this, " calm down, calm down it's just hair...sheesh"
on the calm downs make the the words calm and down come out really slow
then walk awayLOL that envious wicked bish will DEFINITELY get the point!Wink
im a master @ cursing people out in english with phrases that mentally kick azzStar

-------------
"Fulfilling ALL of My Dreams while experiencing ALL of My Positive Successes & Prosperities"

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:26pm
I guess this is the first time I've had something to be envious of and its not like I'm being extra fancy flipping it around and stuff. Maybe it was the high ponytail that set her off...

-------------

Posted By: RedWine
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:30pm
I don't tell people my hair is not real. I don't discuss my personal grooming. It is my hair on my head and like all parts of my body, people are not allowed to just touch me.

I really never get anyone questioning my hair. My girlfriend does. When someone started calling out her beautiful weave. I looked at that rude woman like she had three eyes and said,, " you know my friends hair grew like weeds after she stopped relaxing. Give that a try and your hair will grow." I was implying that she must be worried about her own bald head, to worry about my friends hair. The woman then asked what my friend uses on her hair. My friend said "Paul Mitchel".  We had a good chuckle that day.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:13pm
I change my hair styles much and I sometimes hate going to work for this reason! There are so many people who are up in my ~* ish and some of them are REALLY annoying
I had this cute afro weave and this Nigerian lady dug her hand in my head before 
 I knew it saying "OH I thought this was your hair it looks so real!"
I once told this lady -look please if you like the hair just say it looks nice or if you don't, Dont say anything...  its just not polite you dont go around asking people "is the bag a knok off, are your breast real?" I said this in a joking way but I was dead serious.....

Posted By: solo
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:00pm
I don't give off a "you're allowed to touch me" vibe.

-------------
- solo

Posted By: darealtipwifey1
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:31pm
Dang... she was bold af! I wouldn't had caused a scene at work but the next time she came with a weave, I would make sure to repay her the favor just so she can see how it feels.

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 5:43am
Ahhh

The question insult.... Gotta love those!

People pose their insults like that so you can't be mad because " I just asked a question"

Just RUDE!

I have no advice because I'm just as Rude back to them.

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:49pm
I "accidentally" forgot to hold the elevator for her this morning. It felt good

-------------

Posted By: choc_lover
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 1:55pm
^^ niice!

-------------

Posted By: Gumdrop92
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:24am
THe new chickens in my section are always standing behind me while I'm at my desk... I know they're looking all in my head

-------------
"A miracle is another name for hard work," -Kang Tae Joon 아름다운 그대에게
SL to BSL in 2012

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Gumdrop92 Gumdrop92 wrote:

THe new chickens in my section are always standing behind me while I'm at my desk... I know they're looking all in my head

Chickens still exist in 2012???SMH

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Print Page | Close Window