Print Page | Close Window

For the record kariah salon

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351879
Printed Date: Oct 17 2018 at 4:36am

Topic: For the record kariah salon
Posted By: teethatsall
Subject: For the record kariah salon
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 11:02pm
First off I would like to commend Kelly on being a young black successful business woman. I am a repeat loyal customer from 3 years and over 5 sew ins and counting. I understand that not everyone's experience is the same but to continuously slander her hard work and effort is disgusting. We as a race need to uplift each other and if you are unsatisfied with her service maybe offering constructive criticism would be better. Unless you can walk in her shoes or have ,you should leave the weave to the pros.

I sat and read a lot of posts regarding Kariah salon with people that have not gone there saying they won't . Too bad . You're loss. Based on facts good quality hair isn't cheap nor are the services with it. Lol and its funny for those that said they brought their own poor quality hair then blame the salon for its mishaps. You women are silly.

The staying there long thing is the least of your worries which I never experienced. Good work requires patience on both ends. Many times I've been there most unsatisfied customers are either late or unprepared, not her fault. I kept most of my sew ins done by Kelly for over 4months . Needless to say I'm not a professional so you do the math. God bless you haters I'm a satisfied customer with proof so feel free to ask message repost text etc. Salute to Kelly and see you in a few weeks!

Replies:
Posted By: Kami612
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:41am
LOL

-------------

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:44am
You joined just to post about your experience. You slay me with this so call reviews...just because someone experience wasn't good doesn't make them a "hater"...maybe you (aka Kelly) should try and figure out why her (your) customers aren't happy and rectify the problem.

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:24am
for someone who is not a hater you sure not responding like it. Im not Kelly i can promise you that and i would appreciate if you would reframe from being basic. If the post doesnt apply to you then why respond like it does. Im a satisfied loyal customer and I'll leave it at that. Godbless you and happy holidays!

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 1:43am
For those that are indifferent to my post thats fine just dont take it out of context. I didnt post it to badger anyone nor pretend to be Kelly (that was cute ) Im a real person that is exercising my freedom of speech just like the others did. Im a business woman and I have plenty experience in the customer service area. Its always more than one side to a story so that being said.....if you want to know what something is like the best experience shouldnt be taken from me or anyone else take it from yourself.

Happy Holidays sincerely not Kelly my name is Tee !

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 2:53am
Stern Smile
You just did more harm than good for her business..But, carry on.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:19am
Originally posted by teethatsall teethatsall wrote:

for someone who is not a hater you sure not responding like it. Im not Kelly i can promise you that and i would appreciate if you would reframe from being basic. If the post doesnt apply to you then why respond like it does. Im a satisfied loyal customer and I'll leave it at that. Godbless you and happy holidays!

Okay first, the word "hater" needs to retire and secondly, your post isn't helping Kelly so just stop please.   I'm glad that your experience was to your liking but again not everyone is going to have the same experience.   

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

You joined just to post about your experience. You slay me with this so call reviews...just because someone experience wasn't good doesn't make them a "hater"...maybe you (aka Kelly) should try and figure out why her (your) customers aren't happy and rectify the problem.

Why don't people understand that NOT EVERY CUSTOMER GETS THE SAME TREATMENT!  Ugh!  Where there are 4 that had a great experience you will find 2-4 that didn't.  

People need to get over themselves!  Threads like these are pure entertainment only!LOL

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:11am
Im sorry that you feel im doing more harm but if my opinion is that i dont feel like a angry customer is ''bad'' i'll leave it at that. I didnt write my post to be negative but you all are making it out to be. It seems like this is the bash forum and thats sad. Its ok to say how you didnt like the service but its not ok to say how i did like it. terrible .

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:19am

Im sorry that you feel im doing more harm but if my opinion is that i dont feel like a angry customer is ''bad'' i'll leave it at that. I didnt write my post to be negative but you all are making it out to be. It seems like this is the bash forum and thats sad. Its ok to say how you didnt like the service but its not ok to say how i did like it. terrible .

Please note the bolded blue below from your original post ...there was nothing but negativity in your post.  It would have been different had you come here and gave YOUR review ALONG with pictures but no you didn't do that AT ALL.  Then add insult to injury you have the audacity to spew "haters" and "silly women" and wonder why no one rolled out the red carpet...Ermm

First off I would like to commend Kelly on being a young black successful business woman. I am a repeat loyal customer from 3 years and over 5 sew ins and counting. I understand that not everyone's experience is the same but to continuously slander her hard work and effort is disgusting. We as a race need to uplift each other and if you are unsatisfied with her service maybe offering constructive criticism would be better. Unless you can walk in her shoes or have ,you should leave the weave to the pros. 

I sat and read a lot of posts regarding Kariah salon with people that have not gone there saying they won't . Too bad . You're loss.
Based on facts good quality hair isn't cheap nor are the services with it. Lol and its funny for those that said they brought their own poor quality hair then blame the salon for its mishaps. You women are silly. 

The staying there long thing is the least of your worries which I never experienced. Good work requires patience on both ends. Many times I've been there most unsatisfied customers are either late or unprepared, not her fault.
I kept most of my sew ins done by Kelly for over 4months . Needless to say I'm not a professional so you do the math. God bless you haters I'm a satisfied customer with proof so feel free to ask message repost text etc. Salute to Kelly and see you in a few weeks!

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:21am
I understand that not everyone has the same experience totally but ppl gaining up on me for whatever reasons is ridiculous .I addressed my opinion just like the others but because Im not saying anything negative about my experience I get ganged up on....thats crazy. Once again Im not trying to offend ppl nor deprive them from speaking on there experience. I clearly stated that let you see for yourself and not go off everyone else including me. Its more than one side to everything. I apologize if the word hater offended you BUT when you constantly say negative ment to harm someone i believe that is hating. I could have maybe used a less offensive term but it is what it is.

Please for the last time if you dislike my post thats fine but do not make this a battle about my opinion when its not negative. Im not the enemy just a satisfied customer. I do not want to argue with ppl at all!

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:30am
Ok well im new on here and dont know how to posts pics but dont worry im figuring it out now and will in fact posts my satisfied work. Again, if my initial posts offended you I apologize but if it doesnt apply to you or your experience why even come at me ? Im not trying to save the world but you seem to find going back in forth as being positive. How about we stop right here and agree to disagree ? We are total strangers and may have started off on the wrong foot. Dont misinterpret me as a bad and wrong person thats not me at all.

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Stern Smile
You just did more harm than good for her business..But, carry on.

Right lol
& Don't discount another's experience.
Tuh

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:38am

Ok well im new on here and dont know how to posts pics but dont worry im figuring it out now and will in fact posts my satisfied work. Again, if my initial posts offended you I apologize but if it doesnt apply to you or your experience why even come at me ? Im not trying to save the world but you seem to find going back in forth as being positive. How about we stop right here and agree to disagree ? We are total strangers and may have started off on the wrong foot. Dont misinterpret me as a bad and wrong person thats not me at all.

Can't wait to see...I love seeing pics of installs.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:42am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Can't wait to see...I love seeing pics of installs.

well i updated my profile pic which is one of kelly's installs with Virgin Indian Bodywave in 18 inches cut in layers I'm still working on uploading more so please be patient with me Wink

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 10:51am
 Same install from Kelly 18 inch virgin indian bodywave

Posted By: esha wants hair
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:09am
More pics please! can have some backshots. pics of the top? 

-------------
Thank Goodness I can access BHM with my Blackberry! Excuse spelling and grammer errors

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:13am
  another install done by kelly 16 inch indian remy body wave straightened

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:16am
i dont have many back shots nor do i have shots of the top of my head this is the best i can do right now...im working on it Big smile

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:17am
^^^very nice pic.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:23am
Thank you for the compliment and I'll continue to upload as many as I can Tongue

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:31am
 Kinda a pic of the top of another install done by Kelly
 My last install in virgin brazilian body wave straightened 16 inch done by kelly

Posted By: esha wants hair
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:37pm
Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

-------------
Thank Goodness I can access BHM with my Blackberry! Excuse spelling and grammer errors

Posted By: goldenapple
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:16pm
Your installs look good!!! Thanks for sharing!

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by goldenapple goldenapple wrote:

Thanks for the compliment ! Hope everyone has a new insight on my experience and maybe take into consideration that not everyone has a bad install with Kelly. I pay my money just like others and I try to keep up my hair the best as I can.

A Few harmless tips:
-Try not to wash your weave within the first month of the install.
-Do not use high volumizing shampoos when you do wash, and condition the hair
-Heat protectors are good when you want to keep the hair shiny and not dry and brittle.
-Ceramic/titanium irons etc are best to use when wearing straight and curling
-When you get an install tell the braider to braid medium size braids, and if you are leaving hair out make sure that you take care of it as well. I touched mine up every so often and kept it moisturized
-For those with thin hair try using a net or adding hair to the braids
-Different types of hair match the texture of yours so I found that Brazilian hair is typically for those with thicker hair, malaysian is for more finer hair and indian hair is for in between fine and thicker hair

Hope these tips help and feel free to ask and share as well! ThanksLOL

Posted By: choc_lover
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:30am
OP I'm not trying to start any drama again but like you just said not everyone will have a good experience with her and you should respect that. Your first post seemed like you were forcing it plus the insulting comments "you women are silly" etc which is why people thought you were her.
Anyhoos, nice installs!

-------------

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 9:08am
OP that club shot of your hair is "DELISH". Yassssss you are working that hair.

Some people are correct when they say not everyone will have a good experience. Experiences differ by opinion. Also not everyone will take this boards rants and threads seriously either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some people that rant and rave on this board never show pics of their jacked up install. Her business will not close because of this board. Plenty of people have heard of her and respect her work and will continue to be loyal customers like yourself. Its just the nature of doing business.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: goldenapple
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:23am
ClapSo true! Clap

Posted By: cutescorpio
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:39am
I don't think the bad experiences were about the quality of her work (such in my case), but the number of hours sitting and waiting, her lateness, etc. I don't think there has been a recent thread on her though, so to make a new post is not really helping her (as someone else stated).

Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:43am

Thanks for the compliment ! Hope everyone has a new insight on my experience and maybe take into consideration that not everyone has a bad install with Kelly. I pay my money just like others and I try to keep up my hair the best as I can.

A Few harmless tips:
-Heat protectors are good when you want to keep the hair shiny and not dry and brittle.
-When you get an install tell the braider to braid medium size braids, and if you are leaving hair out make sure that you take care of it as well. I touched mine up every so often and kept it moisturized
-Different types of hair match the texture of yours so I found that Brazilian hair is typically for those with thicker hair, malaysian is for more finer hair and indian hair is for in between fine and thicker hair

Cute install  Wink

But your tips scare me... Dead

-------------
Educate before speculate..............

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:49am
Originally posted by LushHair_Fein LushHair_Fein wrote:

A Few harmless tips:

Cute install  Wink

Especially tip #1..

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 1:21pm
The "hater" in me wants to act up but I'll stay in my seat.

-------------
#TeamFitz-Scandal
#TeamTN-CEO

Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:21pm
^^^
LOLCryLOL

-------------
Educate before speculate..............

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:24pm
^^ lmao. Oh butta

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:11pm
At this point Im not entertaining negative comments I showed my installs and shared my experience if you disagree with my initial post thats fine I can't keep repeating how i apologize to those that took offense and that not everyone has the same experience. Enough is enough ladies geesh lol Opinions are like buttholes everyone has one....Happy Holidays to all !

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:53am
^^ Lmao. I say this in the nicest way possible but you made your point and people have the right to theirs. You can't force your opinions on people OP. People will always disagree with you. So really

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

^^ Lmao. I say this in the nicest way possible but you made your point and people have the right to theirs. You can't force your opinions on people OP. People will always disagree with you. So really

Agreed and those that disagreed should know the same. Its my post and just like the people that had a bad experience and posted stated theirs I did the same. Im not on here to force my opinion just voice my opinion either way its a two way street. People take offense to the simplest less offensive things lol yet I'm made out to be the bad guy cuz I had a better experience. I hope that everyone has the best experience as possible with any install ! No harm no foul!

Posted By: Tanzi2001
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

A Few harmless tips:

Cute install  Wink

Especially tip #1..

Tip # 1 scares me because if it's good quality hair it shouldn't matter if it's washed 100 times. Also, if it's a good install, it should withstand washing whether it's the first day it was installed or the twentieth. There are multiple threads on here that give great tips and info on taking care of a new install. Maybe you should read them OP.

-------------
It all began in 1908

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Tanzi2001 Tanzi2001 wrote:

Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

A Few harmless tips:

Cute install  Wink

Especially tip #1..

Tip # 1 scares me because if it's good quality hair it shouldn't matter if it's washed 100 times. Also, if it's a good install, it should withstand washing whether it's the first day it was installed or the twentieth. There are multiple threads on here that give great tips and info on taking care of a new install. Maybe you should read them OP.

I typically wear malaysian hair and if it is not washed at least once a week, it will start to get greasy and tangle at the nape.  And with kinky curly you definitely need to wash more frequently.

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 12:40pm
LOL i wasnt referring to your weave mainly .I was saying mainly to wait to wash because of the braids the weave is attached to. You don't want your braids to lift too quickly if you plan on keeping your hair in long. I know mainly because of experience in keeping my sew ins for over 3 months without any re-tightening. Didnt mean to scare you! LOLBig smile

Posted By: Coco2Prissy
Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 2:58pm
Am I the only one who assumed she was talking about the hair underneath...not the actual weave itself (Tip #1).

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 10:14am
My tips are based on the results I got which I will post pictures of below. I got sewins to help grow my hair but if that isnt your goal then you can create your own unique routine. I do give my hair a rest from time to time but because I became slightly natural in the process of my sew ins so natural hair can take extra conditioning as well. Im not going to flex to anyone i did perm my edges and once i took down most of my installs i permed my hair but you be the judge Big smile

2010 2012

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Coco2Prissy Coco2Prissy wrote:

Am I the only one who assumed she was talking about the hair underneath...not the actual weave itself (Tip #1).

no i kinda figured thats what she meant but i still wouldnt go a month without washing my braids and scalp a good base should be able to handle regular washes i think thats why ppl didnt agree with it.

Print Page | Close Window