Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Natural Hair Care
Forum Name: Natural Hair Care
Forum Description: General Discussions on Natural Hair Care
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351863
Printed Date: Sep 20 2018 at 5:37am

Topic: John Friedas Clear Shine (PICS)
Posted By: yekomod
Subject: John Friedas Clear Shine (PICS)
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:31pm
Hey ladies!
I know it's been a hot little minute. I thought I come peek my head in here with a few updates Big smile. For those who do not know I've been natural since July 12, 2007 but my last major BC was in September of 2010.

So lately I've been relapsing to my product junkie phase again and just learning to embrace it lol. However, my friend who is worse than I am (and has incredible looking hair) suggested I try John Frieda's Clear Shine since I'm not too fond of my hair hair color. I've been trying to fight the urge to color my hair again. I've always considered my hair color to be dull & boring but to avoid another color nightmare, I decided to give it go. The clear shine is suppose to make your hair do exactly what the name says "shine." After two uses of it, I've begun to notice a difference and will continued to use it for a few months. I like how easily manageable my hair is when I use it as well. I'm told it's suppose to get better with continued use of it. On the box it says that it "will not damage hair, does not contain ammonia, dye, or peroxide, also this product will not change hair color."

I was curious if any other ladies have tried it before? What was your thoughts on it? Did you see a difference? Where you able to see real good shine better on straight or curly hair?

My hair before I started using the clear shine. This was taken in November and is slightly damp with no products in it. 

My hair after two uses of the clear shine. This was taken this Wednesday and my hair is slightly damp with no products in it. 

Tell me what you gals think! 

-------------
Waist length by 30

Replies:
Posted By: Lady_Q_Tee
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:54pm
Ive never seen that here n the UK, but what can see is a clear diff n your pics. Your hair looks more defined and more tamed...I cant see a diff n the lustre of your hair in the pics.. looks like a keeper to me

-------------

Posted By: Heavy Rotation
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 3:59pm
^^^i agree with lady.  your definition is def popping in the second set of pics.  it looks like this one is a GO! :-)  beautiful hair!

-------------
Natural Hair Girls do it curled up.

Posted By: femmemuscleisback
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 5:25pm
sorry yekomod,

but i fainted after the first pic.

*femme climbs back into her chair to view the second set*

Yes, the there's definitely a difference.  The hair is more defined, lustrous, more of a curl pattern.

I.. I have to ..

*femme lose her balance and hits the floor in a dead faint again*

BOOM!!!

-------------
I've always said: If you have to wear a uniform to work? it's usually a sh*&tty job.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:06pm
guuuuuuuuuuuurl, how u get them curls to pop like that?

-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!

Posted By: breBR3bre
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:38pm
This has made a huge difference in your hair, it looks more vibrant, less frizz and more defined. I haven't used this yet, but after reading and before making this post I ran out and bought it lol. I have dull hair and really don't want to color it again.

I'll be using it for the first time tomorrow.

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Lady_Q_Tee Lady_Q_Tee wrote:

Ive never seen that here n the UK, but what can see is a clear diff n your pics. Your hair looks more defined and more tamed...I cant see a diff n the lustre of your hair in the pics.. looks like a keeper to me

Originally posted by Heavy Rotation Heavy Rotation wrote:

^^^i agree with lady.  your definition is def popping in the second set of pics.  it looks like this one is a GO! :-)  beautiful hair!

Thanks ladies! I definitely noticed how better defined it looked in the second set as well. 

-------------
Waist length by 30

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by femmemuscleisback femmemuscleisback wrote:

sorry yekomod,

but i fainted after the first pic.

*femme climbs back into her chair to view the second set*

Yes, the there's definitely a difference.  The hair is more defined, lustrous, more of a curl pattern.

I.. I have to ..

*femme lose her balance and hits the floor in a dead faint again*

BOOM!!!

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

guuuuuuuuuuuurl, how u get them curls to pop like that?

LOLLOLLOL

You gals are funny!

-------------
Waist length by 30

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by breBR3bre breBR3bre wrote:

This has made a huge difference in your hair, it looks more vibrant, less frizz and more defined. I haven't used this yet, but after reading and before making this post I ran out and bought it lol. I have dull hair and really don't want to color it again.

I'll be using it for the first time tomorrow.

Oooooo yay! Please come back & let me know what you think of it? My friend said she gets three uses out of the bottle but I only got two though (& she has more hair than me smh). 

-------------
Waist length by 30

Posted By: darkbarbie
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 11:58pm
how much was it ? i want some

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by darkbarbie darkbarbie wrote:

how much was it ? i want some

It cost me $11 at Walgreens 

-------------
Waist length by 30

Posted By: bebe88
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 9:07am
Does it have silicones?

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrittaneyRachel

Posted By: 902sexxi
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:23pm
Ur hair is pretty either way, but more shiny and defined after. I love that about this treatment.

-------------
4a/b natural and color treated.
Fotki.com/nubian7
Password is myhair

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

Does it have silicones?

I think so, here's the full ingredient list

Water, propylene carbonate, alcohol denat., citric acid, cyclopentasiloxane, xanthan gum, dimethiconol, malic acid, tourmaline, citrine, hydrolyzed vegetable protein PG-propyl silanetriol, tea-cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein, sodium hydroxide, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, fragrance, titanium dioxide, mica, ext. violet 2

-------------
Waist length by 30

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by 902sexxi 902sexxi wrote:

Ur hair is pretty either way, but more shiny and defined after. I love that about this treatment.

Thank you Smile

-------------
Waist length by 30

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 3:00pm
Looks nice and shiny.

Posted By: KikiScorpio92
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 5:36pm
Ummmm wow :o :) your big hair and little curls!

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:41pm
Wow, it works!Clap

Yekomod, keep us up to date on how it looks throughout the next few months. Can't wait to see!

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 7:42pm
I just used it and then put my hair in flexi rods. I'll let you all know how I like it when I take it down.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 11:12pm
So far I love this stuff!! With one use my hair isn't extremely shiney but it isn't as dull or lack luster as it was before. I really liked what it did for the parts of my hair that is colored. The highlighted part of my hair looks like it's been refreshed. I don't have much frizz to begin with but I didn't notice a change in definition with my first use. I think I'll get two or three more uses from my first bottle.

Posted By: nostalgiajones
Date Posted: Dec 31 2012 at 3:43am
Your hair is so beautiful! 

Date Posted: May 26 2013 at 9:16pm
I just started back on using this again. I plan to stick with it this time.

Has anyone else tried it since?

Posted By: AmberColour
Date Posted: May 26 2013 at 11:15pm
This is amazing yekomod

Posted By: Ritle
Date Posted: May 27 2013 at 9:13am
Great hair pics!
I can see the difference.

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 9:43pm
nice hair but I didn't see the difference. I bought that actually and haven't used it. I hope it wasn't a waste of money.

Print Page | Close Window