Print Page | Close Window

Do you wake up with a nose full of snot?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351813
Printed Date: Dec 18 2018 at 1:07pm

Topic: Do you wake up with a nose full of snot?
Posted By: sugabanana
Subject: Do you wake up with a nose full of snot?
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:50am
I don't know what it is. Sinuses, mucus, tissue EVERY SINGLE MORNING I use at least 10 tissues trying to blow my nose. Yes I have year round allergies but DANG!!! My tissue use has quad tripled in purchases. Please chime in and let me know what you guys use or do. PRETTY PLEASE.

Signed
A Sista with a sore nose!!!

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Replies:
Posted By: babelipsss
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:51am
Have your home tested for mold.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:54am
if i've been sleepin in front the fan while its on full blast..yes yes i do...

-------------

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:59am
What are your sleeping conditions? As in, do u like it extremely cold, fan blowing
How often do u take your allergy meds

I wake up a little congested but I sleep with the room cold so I can wrap myself up in blankets

Posted By: freedom76
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:05am
It is possible you have mold or dust mites?

-------------
I find women that encourage double standards on other women disgusting./femmefatale85

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:08am
I usually wake up stuffy but I also run my fans, as I prefer it cold in my room. I usually wake up with mucous in my throat from my sinuses trying to drain.. I stay having irritated and sometimes sore throats in the morning.

Dust mites and mold are possibilites so have that checked.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:12am
what everyone else said. 

Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:12am
I know it gets worst when the heat is on. Lawd it is the worst. You ladies mentioned Dust mites will a full scrub down of the house do the trick? I can't stand the smell of bleach it feels like when I smell it my nose hairs start to burn and I feel dizzy.

I don't think we have mold. The house is fairly new. But I will still check into it.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:41pm
get a neti pot and flush ur nasal cavity with salt water...or u can try salinex...

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:56pm
Maybe your nasal passages are inflamed. If after you check for dust, mold, and change your sleeping conditions and this still persists, go to a doctor and they might prescribe you a steroid spray to lessen the inflammation so your sinuses can drain properly. Also, like miana said, look into getting a neti pot or Neil Med sinus rinse. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: bk2la981
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 12:51am
Stop your intake of any dairy and see if it helps. Cows milk is of the devil. like Miana said use a neti pot. If that doesn't work then take an herb called mullein. It will drain you but it will get all the mucous out and eventually you will be good to go. Try cutting dairy out first though.

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:43pm
You say Mullein huh?? Thanks ladies you guys are the best.

-------------

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 7:46pm
I'm asthmatic and when I have an attack then sleep and wake up, it's a mess. 
Been that way since I were like 2 yrs old. I also have to sleep on multiple pillows or my nose will get clogged. 
Dr. says I have a sticky mucus in my lungs. 
Dead

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:14pm
All of my life as I am an asthmatic so I really go through. However it seems since i've moved to NY, its really been terrible. Whats been helping is sleeping with the humidifier (with the vicks liquid menthol in the top at night when I sleep).

And also every am for about 5 mins I vaporize with the Vick's Vaporizer. I also rub vicks on my chest and under my nose at night, and I force myself to sleep with the fan off. If nothing else works then I break down and pop a prescription Xyzal or Zyrtec (will work too). Oh one more thing, Sudacare makes a menthol tablet that you place in the shower and it vaporizes and helps drain the sinuses. I use it in the am and I swear by them.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:17pm
only if I am sick

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:30pm
Usually, I wake up with a nose of dried and crusted snot. LOL This morning though, it seems I had a nosebleed in my sleep. Dead Crusty blood FILLED my nostril, it was so odd. Dead

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:31pm
Neti pots are great, but if your nose is that kind of clogged where you can't even blow your damn nose without blowing so hard, the air may escape your tear duct, that neti pot won't do a damn thing. T__T

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:38pm
^Dry sinuses! One year, my allergies were so bad they were happening almost daily. At the mall, in class, at night, etc.Dead

Try spray that lubricates your sinuses. It might help.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:28pm
Mold....

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

You say Mullein huh?? Thanks ladies you guys are the best.
I used to have bad post nasal drop where mucus would run down my throat all the time no matter what season it was. My herbalist told me to take mullein. 4 in the morning and 4 at night. I blew my nose a lot during the first two weeks but then it subsided and the post nasal drip is no more as long as I don't drink milk and eat much cheese. For you, like I said stay away from dairy if you don't already. Even if it's only for 2 weeks to see if it makes a difference.

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:31pm
Midna is right, if you have that much mucous a neti pot probably won't help much. You have to see why your body is creating that much mucous in the first place, which is most likely dairy...

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by bk2la981 bk2la981 wrote:

Midna is right, if you have that much mucous a neti pot probably won't help much. You have to see why your body is creating that much mucous in the first place, which is most likely dairy...

Print Page | Close Window