Print Page | Close Window

Kola Boof on Soledad OBrien

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351783
Printed Date: Nov 24 2017 at 9:04am

Topic: Kola Boof on Soledad OBrien
Posted By: goodm3
Subject: Kola Boof on Soledad OBrien
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:44pm
Does anyone follow Kola on Facebook. Here's what she had to say about Soledad. 

A White Woman (Soledad O'Brien) is given the power to DICTATE to Blacks what "blackness" is....she of an Irish name, white skin & everything but the burden.

She is to define an entire race of people from AFRICA based on the 1 drop
rule invented by the KKK and we're supposed to listen to her and not our
own continent. It's so typically arrogant and AMERICAN RACIST.
```````````````````````````
I don't give a what she's "PART"  https://www.facebook.com/magicone82" rel="nofollow - Charles MagicMan Paxton Jr.  ....she's WHITE. 

This country, America, has got to be the most racist place on earth that she can be called 'black"
but cannot be called what she really is....WHITE. 

And you Brotha Man mothers that don't like the truth. 
You can't possibly love Blackness/Africa yet sit up claiming this is a "Black" person. YOU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This PROVES how **RACIST** the American people are (including the Blacks). 

Not a single Black person would dare claim that "anybody can be White" (even when they LOOK White). But they will claim that Africans are so inferior that just any 2% mattress- can be a Black person.

The KKK invented the 1 drop rule....to encourage Blacks to breed themselves into bastardization.

Blacks try to uphold this rule for dear life. They are still slaves. And it's a disgrace. But most of all, it shows their UTTER contempt and hatred for Africa and for Black people. The blanket hateful disrespect of claiming a White woman is "Black"----because she feels like it and we're nothing anyway. 

N!GGERS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't give a HOW COARSE that White bitch hair is!!!  https://www.facebook.com/zachzielinski777" rel="nofollow - Zaak Fox  ...what in the is that supposed to mean?

DO Blue Eyes mean I'm white?? Would you make that same claim mother?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a few drops of TURKISH blood--why can't I do a "White In America' tv. special. Explain that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This whole nation (America)...is BUILT OFF the hatred of Black people.

They systematically BREEDING the Blacks off the landscape and calling it "love".....but it's really HATE.
If you love someone, then you want them to exist...you want to see them around. You don't erase them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The POINT is  https://www.facebook.com/kinitrab" rel="nofollow - Kinitra Brooks  ...when will Black women be allowed to speak for their damn selves? Why is it so important to have her White face always claiming to be our spokesperson? As why are Black Americans so comfortable with White-looking people "as Black"? What defect causes you to see the "black" in Soledad but not the more obvious White? 

I'm not against her as a person....but I'm tired of the DICTATING that "Faux imitation" folks get away with. And I'm sick of the Western Blacks always positing White Images (Beyonce, Rihanna, etc.) as Black when they are in fact White Supremacist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And she goes on and on with other posters..

what you say BHM? I personally like Soledad, but should she have covered the "Black in America" segments?  Should the 1 drop still apply? 

Replies:
Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:57pm
Yeah I don't go by the one drop rule.
Why would I keep that ?

But I don't like Kola so throw that bish out with the bathwater

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:05pm
well she does make a point.

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:07pm
Did she just call us "ni**ers?"

jr.

-------------

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:08pm
The "one drop rule" as been really overstated in the last 2 decades

Black Americans don't use the "one drop rule"... never have to be honest
We use/used a mixture of rules inspired by the "one drop rule" and the "common sense" rule but more so the "common sense" rule

The "common sense" rule is actually understated
There have been many racial-determination court cases that have used the rule of "common sense" than there has been "one drop rule"

I wish people would pick up a damn book, geesh

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yeah I don't go by the one drop rule.
Why would I keep that ?

But I don't like Kola so throw that bish out with the bathwater

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

Did she just call us "ni**ers?"

jr.

Always.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:11pm
I'm sure there are 1 or 2 points somewhere in her gibberish rant
But she's about 300 yrs+ too late

We have a community and it's imperfectly made but it's too late to rearrange that ish now and plus, there's really no (political, social, economical) benefit to us in it

Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:15pm
BHM erased my a whole post. Screw Kola, she's got issues with lighter blacks. She has issues about not being seen a mixed and is completely moronic and disrespectful. And to think I liked her at a time. I'm so tired of colorism in the black community.. You are black if you look it, you identify yourself as black, and if you have black ancestors.

-------------

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:17pm

Soledad has been fooling the world with that perm.  I consider anybody with that grade of hair(child pic) to be Black.  However, Soledad has White children so she should have been automatically disqualified to speak for the Black race. 

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

We have a community and it's imperfectly made but it's too late to rearrange that ish now and plus, there's really no (political, social, economical) benefit to us in it

what exactly does that mean?

on second thought i dont really want to know...sorry

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:25pm
Half the sh*t Kola says, has been said here a million times. I guess it's more special because she utters it.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:33pm
Don't be sorry cuz Im gonna tell you anyways

It means that the Black community has been constructed by the ignorant practices, rules and laws of racist Whites. As a result we have a mixture of people--some African, some mixed with Native or White and some mixed with all three.

Now, in 2012, it's a benefit to the "Black American community" to have as many people of African descent identify as one community. It makes our numbers larger and our political interests more important and our group more visible

what exactly does that mean?

on second thought i dont really want to know...sorry

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:44pm
I don't see how black folk don't understand that claiming anyone and everyone as black is a disadvantage to us in many ways…..

Like they have this nearly white woman with white children telling US what it means to be black in America. And we will forever eat that sh*t up. And we will forever breed ourselves out.

I just hope that sh*t doesn't hit Africa anytime soon. I want to be able to go somewhere and see ACTUAL black people and not some 1/4 1/3 1/100 black ish that's accepted here.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:45pm

2% mattress tho?

she is so angry...and i don't consider her a lover of black people either...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: Midwest_Da_Gawd
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:45pm

Now, in 2012, it's a benefit to the "Black American community" to have as many people of African descent identify as one community. It makes our political interests more important

-------------
I'm fed up! *flips table*

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

not 1/4 1/3 1/100 black ish

are these out of order?LOL

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:49pm
Instead of posting a gif MM, why not make some valid points instead.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

don't encourage him

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I post valid points about this subject all the time.

Yet yall either flat-out refuse to accept them, and/or they completely go over most of yall's heads.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

But go ahead and kick out all the light skinned folk that look white to you and see what we left with.

i think they would be ok with that actually.

it seems to me it's the reverse that gets overlooked...for some reason.  that is, folks that look acceptably black to them but are actually biracial...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:58pm

Slavery has already breed us out.

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:59pm
Oh wow…

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:04pm
i can go on twitter too and be ignorant.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:08pm
MM

Are you insinuating that having a large demographic has no political, social and economic advantage, whatsoever?

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:16pm

MM

Are you insinuating that having a large demographic has no political, social and economic advantage, whatsoever?

Yes.

-------------

Posted By: Becky
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Sinnamon_Mami Sinnamon_Mami wrote:

BHM erased my a whole post. Screw Kola, she's got issues with lighter blacks. She has issues about not being seen a mixed and is completely moronic and disrespectful. And to think I liked her at a time. I'm so tired of colorism in the black community.. You are black if you look it, you identify yourself as black, and if you have black ancestors.

Agreed.

It's not like people have a CHOICE of what color they turn out to be? Duh! How can you hate light skinned black people? She's just as messed up as those 'White Power' crazies running around in circles talking about how to keep the White race 'pure'. DUH?  They can no more keep the White race pure than they can keep the Black race pure.Confused

It is almost a symbionic  relationship at this point - each feeding off the other.

Two sides of the same messed up coin!

Kola is a nutcase. That rant was pure hatred ... which will never amount to anything Confused because it's just ... poison. I've beem hearing that crap since 1973... means nothing.

She just needs to see a shrink and figure out a way to get over herself because the world is not changing for her.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:29pm
That simple, huh?

Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

MM

Yes.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:36pm

That simple, huh?

Originally posted by Midwest_Da_Gawd Midwest_Da_Gawd wrote:

MM

Yes.

Pretty much.

-------------

Posted By: Nijjah25
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:42pm
Hail KOLA

-------------
BIG NOSE .... BIG LIPS....
BUDDA BUP BUP BUHHHHH IM LOVING IT

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:53pm
I understand her frustrations to an extent

Our identity has been blotted out, you have to go digging with your fingers crossed to find our truth a lot of the time. And sometimes only certain people are chosen for the public to look to. It sends a certain message subconsciously. I think if who we were was obvious to the world, and most importantly to us, we wouldn't have a lot of the issues we have today. ( Such as, if a light skinned biracial woman who looks white (because I never knew she was half black until now) is telling us about us. We'd know already.) Starting with our own ideas of who we are and what our purpose in this life should be. 

Of course it is now up to us as individuals to be self-reflective enough to define ourselves for ourselves, despite being on our enemy's turn. We are desolate and afflicted. 

Anyway, biracial people exist and if they want to identify as black, they have that right. And if they want to use their white to their advantage since black is such a disadvantage (in society, purposely) then they have that opportunity. As long as they understand that their whiteness is a privilege rooted in hatred and bias, and why someone more black would be frustrated by that. 

Like people who get mad at me because I don't like whites. WTF!! 'you're racist and full of hate' Am I supposed to? Based on my experiences in this world, I effin hate white people. Period. it is what it is. I don't like swirling. I never will because I hate whites. But it is what it is, I can only control myself. 

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

It's not like people have a CHOICE of what color they turn out to be? Duh!

But if there was a choice, what shade would you choose?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:06pm
@the bolded

I honestly believe that it would've been the same way had "biracial" always been a category
Except I believe that even more mixed people would hate their "Black" side

IA with the last couple of sentences

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I understand her frustrations to an extent

Our identity has been blotted out, you have to go digging with your fingers crossed to find our truth a lot of the time. And sometimes only certain people are chosen for the public to look to. It sends a certain message subconsciously. I think if who we were was obvious to the world, and most importantly to us, we wouldn't have a lot of the issues we have today. ( Such as, if a light skinned biracial woman who looks white (because I never knew she was half black until now) is telling us about us. We'd know already.) Starting with our own ideas of who we are and what our purpose in this life should be. 

Of course it is now up to us as individuals to be self-reflective enough to define ourselves for ourselves, despite being on our enemy's turn. We are desolate and afflicted. 

Anyway, biracial people exist and if they want to identify as black, they have that right. And if they want to use their white to their advantage since black is such a disadvantage (in society, purposely) then they have that opportunity. As long as they understand that their whiteness is a privilege rooted in hatred and bias, and why someone more black would be frustrated by that. 

Like people who get mad at me because I don't like whites. WTF!! 'you're racist and full of hate' Am I supposed to? Based on my experiences in this world, I effin hate white people. Period. it is what it is. I don't like swirling. I never will because I hate whites. But it is what it is, I can only control myself. 

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:06pm
If we went by Kola's rule there would be siblings with identical genetic backgrounds claiming two different races. Neither option makes sense but I'd rather claim my family, given the choice.

-------------
shine your light for the world to see

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:23pm

I don't see how black folk don't understand that claiming anyone and everyone as black is a disadvantage to us in many ways…..

Like they have this nearly white woman with white children telling US what it means to be black in America.

basically. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:24pm
What does se look like now?

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:25pm
everybody claiming black? how is that possible when we're 10% of the population.  that's a gross overstatement.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:26pm
honestly. it kind of bothers me when bhm looks at white women, or non-black babies and try to pinpoint black features. or say they're somehow mixed with black. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

everybody claiming black? how is that possible when we're 10% of the population.  that's a gross overstatement.

no... blacks claiming them. 

-------------

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:32pm
I sort of understand the point she was trying to make, although I don't much care for the delivery. Her standpoint pretty much erases black people from the diaspora and the complexity of the history, in my viewpoint. But I didn't even know that Soledad had any black in her until I read it in Essence or some other magazine. In light of everything that's going on in terms of colorism and acceptable standards of "black beauty", I can see how annoying that can be. But I don't like the fact that she's taking personal shots at this woman (even though she says she isn't, she is). I usually like Kola but she's becoming more vulgar and basic as time goes by. She needs to cool it down some and make her points in a more articulate way, as she used to. The 2% mattress line is beyond insulting. As if people chose to be enslaved

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:41pm
If she cares so much about Black female representation then maybe she should clean up her language and sloppy appearance

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Does anyone follow Kola on Facebook. Here's what she had to say about Soledad. 

A White Woman (Soledad O'Brien) is given the power to DICTATE to Blacks what "blackness" is....she of an Irish name, white skin & everything but the burden.

She is to define an entire race of people from AFRICA based on the 1 drop
rule invented by the KKK and we're supposed to listen to her and not our
own continent. It's so typically arrogant and AMERICAN RACIST.
```````````````````````````
I don't give a what she's "PART"  https://www.facebook.com/magicone82" rel="nofollow - Charles MagicMan Paxton Jr.  ....she's WHITE. 

This country, America, has got to be the most racist place on earth that she can be called 'black"
but cannot be called what she really is....WHITE. 

And you Brotha Man mothers that don't like the truth. 
You can't possibly love Blackness/Africa yet sit up claiming this is a "Black" person. YOU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This PROVES how **RACIST** the American people are (including the Blacks). 

Not a single Black person would dare claim that "anybody can be White" (even when they LOOK White). But they will claim that Africans are so inferior that just any 2% mattress- can be a Black person.

The KKK invented the 1 drop rule....to encourage Blacks to breed themselves into bastardization.

Blacks try to uphold this rule for dear life. They are still slaves. And it's a disgrace. But most of all, it shows their UTTER contempt and hatred for Africa and for Black people. The blanket hateful disrespect of claiming a White woman is "Black"----because she feels like it and we're nothing anyway. 

N!GGERS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't give a HOW COARSE that White bitch hair is!!!  https://www.facebook.com/zachzielinski777" rel="nofollow - Zaak Fox  ...what in the is that supposed to mean?

DO Blue Eyes mean I'm white?? Would you make that same claim mother?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a few drops of TURKISH blood--why can't I do a "White In America' tv. special. Explain that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This whole nation (America)...is BUILT OFF the hatred of Black people.

They systematically BREEDING the Blacks off the landscape and calling it "love".....but it's really HATE.
If you love someone, then you want them to exist...you want to see them around. You don't erase them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The POINT is  https://www.facebook.com/kinitrab" rel="nofollow - Kinitra Brooks  ...when will Black women be allowed to speak for their damn selves? Why is it so important to have her White face always claiming to be our spokesperson? As why are Black Americans so comfortable with White-looking people "as Black"? What defect causes you to see the "black" in Soledad but not the more obvious White? 

I'm not against her as a person....but I'm tired of the DICTATING that "Faux imitation" folks get away with. And I'm sick of the Western Blacks always positing White Images (Beyonce, Rihanna, etc.) as Black when they are in fact White Supremacist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And she goes on and on with other posters..

what you say BHM? I personally like Soledad, but should she have covered the "Black in America" segments?  Should the 1 drop still apply? 

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:47pm
Man Kola can gon somewhere,
She always talks ish about AA's

Nope

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:47pm

If she cares so much about Black female representation then maybe she should clean of her language and sloppy appearance  

like.. joking aside, do you believe that black women who care about representation should present themselves in a certain way? like honestly. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:49pm
Things like " n I gg er stock " and what ever else she says about AA's...

I cant stand that bish

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 7:56pm
TBH I think that the media should represent it's citizens in a fair and balanced way

That being said, it's very hypocritical of her to be so concerned with how Black women are viewed and yet she carries herself in such an undignified way

she can go have a seat away from the computer somewhere

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

If she cares so much about Black female representation then maybe she should clean of her language and sloppy appearance  

like.. joking aside, do you believe that black women who care about representation should present themselves in a certain way? like honestly. 

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:32pm

From the OP, I legit thought she was on cnn on soledads show

Now that it's just her rambling on the internetss .... meh

I didn't read because she'll upset me more with her vapid style than she'll inform

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:36pm
With the quotes out of order after a few quotes no one knows who said what

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

no... blacks claiming them. 

you claim those who accept the label or who put the label on themselves.
according to BHM even if someone says they're black and considers themselves black, BHM still wouldn't accept them.
like Ben Justice who rejects the entire label of biracial and says he think it is a pretty term used to erase the history of black americans.
shrugs
tbh bhm is the only place this is an issue bc irl biracials, light brights, high yellas, redbones include themselves in the spectrum of black.
skin tone is not the sole measure of blackness.
i know people who are technically biracial--both parents biracial--but they just say they and they're parents are black.
black is inclusive, white is exclusive
fighting that fact aint gonna help black folk
considering many civil rights leaders have had some white white in them

-------------

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:57pm

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:58pm

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:01pm

-------------

Posted By: Limalady
Whoa! Those kids need some Black. I wonder if her kids identify as Black.

^the one on the left..her hair and nose betray/hint at her heritage.
now i wonder if her siblings married white as well

-------------

She is a great example of being PRO-Black....LOLCry

-------------

The older one can pass but the lil one will be teased Cry

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:04pm

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:04pm
damn. daddy got some skrong genes

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

They bet not

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss Koala....if you wade through the muck she spews you will find that diamond of truth.  shrug.

-------------

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss Koala....if you wade through the muck she spews you will find that diamond of truth.  shrug.

what i look like wading through sh*t? aint nobody got time for that.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:06pm

They bet not

I know I'm not supposed to talk about kids, but.... I think her kids would be more attractive if they were more Black. They look weird. I'm sorry. Cry

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:07pm
I remember one of Soledad first show about black people...and I sat a good 10mins puzzled on why was she the spokeperson...Geek  Then I realized it was to trick white people to listen...Smile

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:08pm
lol!

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:08pm

LOLCryLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:09pm

In middle school when I was 13, I’d be stopped in the hallway, with a question. “If you’re a Brotha Man, why don’t you have big lips?” I was often asked. “Why is your name so weird?” People would apologize for asking me if I was black. I didn’t know how to take the apology. I just ignored them and pushed forward with a quest to become a typical Long Island teenager. I chopped off the end of my name and had people call me Solie, which I spelled with a heart over the “i” in true Long Island high-school-girl fashion. But my hair would never “wing” like Farrah Fawcett’s.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:10pm
I agree with Koala...Soledad does not represent... I demote Soledad to someone who did a few presentations on tv regarding my race of people.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:11pm

I remember one of Soledad first show about black people...and I sat a good 10mins puzzled on why was she the spokeperson...Geek  Then I realized it was to trick white people to listen...Smile

lmao. the first time i saw her i legit was like "why couldn't CNN find a black anchor." i had to google her. it seems like she identifies strongly with being hispanic maybe moreso than being black. i am tired of her being the mouthpiece. she can whine and say blacks arent accepting her but i mean whites will so she's good. just keep those naps hidden girl.

Her appearance, and that of her siblings, seemed "black" to those around here, but her mother raised them as "classically Latino."

She required a devotion to our family and a strong immigrant work ethic. She always worked; we always worked. She cooked; we ate. She focused on us; we focused. My parents were not radicals as individuals, but their way of life was radical by definition. They were a mixed family in a single-race town.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:12pm
It's a bit too much muck, especially for something that's not original

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:12pm

In middle school when I was 13, I’d be stopped in the hallway, with a question. “If you’re a Brotha Man, why don’t you have big lips?” I was often asked. “Why is your name so weird?” People would apologize for asking me if I was black. I didn’t know how to take the apology. I just ignored them and pushed forward with a quest to become a typical Long Island teenager. I chopped off the end of my name and had people call me Solie, which I spelled with a heart over the “i” in true Long Island high-school-girl fashion. But my hair would never “wing” like Farrah Fawcett’s.

Dead give a way...Smile

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:13pm

They bet not

I know I'm not supposed to talk about kids, but.... I think her kids would be more attractive if they were more Black. They look weird. I'm sorry. Cry

ur going to hell.  her kids look like regular white kids. she should have just married another mulatto 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:13pm

dp

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:14pm
guess they didn't have chi irons back then, huh?

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:15pm

ur going to hell.  her kids look like regular white kids. she should have just married another mulatto 

I know. Cry

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:16pm
nope.  no chi irons.  back then, as silky as it got for most black women was a snatch back...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:17pm
lawd this woman could have passed the color line. 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:21pm
I dont understand why we should be surprised when a (mixed) Black woman with a White father  marries a White man

nothing about that surprises me... especially after seeing that "pro-Black men who marrry outside their race" thread. You have some fully Black brothas and sistas taking up White SO while simultaneously preaching for the advancement of Black people

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:23pm

I dont understand why we should be surprised when a (mixed) Black woman with a White father  marries a White man

nothing about that surprises me... especially after seeing that "pro-Black men who marrry outside their race" thread. You have some fully Black brothas and sistas taking up White SO while simultaneously preaching for the advancement of Black people

women marry men like their daddy.
im not surprised
she is happy
i am sure her kids know they are part black
they might have black cousins

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:33pm
I would be disappointed if my kids turned out like that TBH. Most of my mixed friends married Black, so I am hopeful.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:34pm
Yea but many (Black) people are assuming that their goal is to "whiten" their genes but not every mixed person who marries White has that mind frame, though that may be what they're technically doing

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:35pm

I would be disappointed if my kids turned out like that TBH. Most of my mixed friends married Black, so I am hopeful.

you think you're gonna marry the shorty?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:45pm

I don't know. We renewed the lease on our loft for 6 months, and he is talking about house shopping. He got a realtor and everything. My sister said I shouldn't entertain the house thing until he proposes. He says he wants to get married, so I don't know.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:56pm

I don't know. We renewed the lease on our loft for 6 months, and he is talking about house shopping. He got a realtor and everything. My sister said I shouldn't entertain the house thing until he proposes. He says he wants to get married, so I don't know.

u know i saw you marrying Nigerian tbh at the end of the day

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:57pm
If you don't marry you a black man and quit playin' around....

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 9:59pm
dammit...wrong thread again

-------------

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

If you don't marry you a black man and quit playin' around....

Lima, [kanye]when you get on leave his arse for a Black man.[kanye]LOL

lol please know I'm joking Lima! I couldn't help it. Whatever makes you happy girl.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:08pm
Man, y'all are so prejudice against White folks. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm open to it.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:15pm

Man, y'all are so prejudice against White folks. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm open to it.

no that's not why.  Nigerians love themselves and love to marry themselves and their peopleLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:21pm

no that's not why.  Nigerians love themselves and love to marry themselves and their peopleLOL

I did too. I tried. I dated some nice Nigerian guys, but it never worked out. I do love my people though. I love our culture, food, clothing, music, language, etc. If it doesn't work with the current boo, I'm definitely looking for one of my own.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:25pm
Let me find you a nice Nigerian man.

-------------

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:28pm

Lol! If he treats you right then that's all that matters

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Let me find you a nice Nigerian man.

You sound like my mommma. LOL

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Like they have this nearly white woman with white children telling US what it means to be black in America. And we will forever eat that sh*t up. And we will forever breed ourselves out.

I just hope that sh*t doesn't hit Africa anytime soon. I want to be able to go somewhere and see ACTUAL black people and not some 1/4 1/3 1/100 black ish that's accepted here.

Black in America isn't the same as black in Africa obviously. But go ahead and kick out all the light skinned folk that look white to you and see what we left with.

I'd be ok with that *shrug* I actually like my people and my lineage and what we've fought for and what this generation of people are working so hard to destroy (a true black identity) :)

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:37pm
Yall can "kick out all the light skinned folk" and act as if yall don't have the same/similar lineage and history Confused

I'm pretty sure some of them won't mind being in a community amongst themsevles

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:39pm
Lol why do we always have to divide ourselves? Light, Medium, Dark we are all black.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:42pm
Oh, Kola...

To all the people who were arguing for pro-black folk to marry white, is Soledad considered pro-black?

What if her kids were "community volunteers"LOL and married white? Would they be considered pro-black too? Where does the madness end.

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:46pm
Damn do any of y'all see her kids as black?

Ill probably die if y'all say yes

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:48pm
I don't. Just making a point. 

But what about her? Do yall consider her black? Pro-black at that even though she does "work" for the community and married a white man?

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:48pm
wait. does the boofster like to get her swirl on? i can't remembers...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

wait. does the boofster like to get her swirl on? i can't remembers...

Yeah she brags about bagging white men

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:50pm

Damn do any of y'all see her kids as black?

Ill probably die if y'all say yes

i dont really care tbh. i have no actual opinion on her seed. but their kids, if they marry white, cannot even pretend. her kids can say mom is biracial--i dont think Soledad claims black. her kids will likely marry white and they def. will not be black.  they will be white with some strange in there.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 10:51pm
ok thanks. i thought so...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Print Page | Close Window