Print Page | Close Window

How much does your family know abt your life?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351731
Printed Date: Sep 26 2017 at 4:57am

Topic: How much does your family know abt your life?
Posted By: BeatriceBean
Subject: How much does your family know abt your life?
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:12pm

Mainly your parents or the people who "raised" you, but others included

By "your life" I mean, your dating life, sex life, personal beliefs and choices, etc.

Do you prefer it as it is now? Would you like them to know more/ask more? Know less? Do you all talk about these things or are certain aspects of your life off-limits?

-------------
Life is good!

Replies:
Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:14pm
They think they know more than they really do. But they're a great bunch.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:15pm
my parents pretty much know everything except for the age i lost my virginity and with whom

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:15pm
Me and my sisters share everything.
My Lil sis was acting like she didn't know what to say to her boyfriend so I had to do the texting for her.
I know about every detail of her personal life.
Same with my older sis .
They know everything about mine.

We have each others passwords to fb, apple id , and even debit card info in case we need something

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:18pm
Nothing.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:19pm
they know nothing and make up the rest.  its best this way.

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:19pm
When i actually get a life, i won't tell them much
maybe my sis when she gets older

Tried to tell mum about personal beliefs, seems to think I'm going through a phase
Will not tell extended family. All hell will break lose.

-------------

You haven't arrived until your twitter is verified.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:23pm
they only know what i tell them...and thats not much.

-------------

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:25pm
Sex life: My mom knows Im not a virgin, but I dont think anyone else does. My aunt might, tho...

Personal beliefs: Im pretty vocal about them, so I'd be surprised if anyone didnt know. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:27pm
They don't know much at all.

My mama knows I'm in a relationship, but that's about it. I'm sure she knows my grown butt has sex, but she has never been comfortable discussing sex with me. We pretty much act like it doesn't exist.

I like it the way it is. She's a lot more open with my brothers, but its to the point of being intrusive. I wouldn't want her on my back like she is with them.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:28pm
What they don't know won't hurt 'em. They're firm believers in "fire & brimstone" systems. For personal sanity reasons, I keep them out of my personal beliefs, choices, etc. They ain't ready and will probably NEVER be ready.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:33pm
They know almost everything. I don't speak to my parents about my sex life in any regards, and we are all happy and fulfilled that wayBig smile

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

they know enough
this

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:39pm
They know nada, and I likes it that way....

they bout to meet the SO after 4 years....

-------------
Out of many, one people.....
Happy 50th JAMAICA!

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:46pm
They know that I graduated from high school and that I'm in school for nursing and thats about it.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:49pm
my family makes a lot of assumptions and i be like, "damn, i had no idea you were thinking this about me." its kinda like that song, if you don't know me by now....

i let them assume cause it takes too much energy to correct them most of the time.

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Posted By: BrownQtee
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:56pm
My mom knows everything. Dad probably still thinks im a virgin. smh. Rest of my family knows nothing.

Posted By: acaraway
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:58pm
Nothing at all.
It's best that way.

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:01pm
My mother knows everything.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:03pm
Reading the responses in this thread makes me realize that I'm SO not close to my family at ALL.

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:08pm
They don't know jack about my sex/dating/love life.
Personal beliefs they have a slight hint on, but not much at all. It's radically different from theirs, so I hide it a lot. 

Do I want them to know more, hell no. Do I wish they could no more? Yes, I do. But my mother is never going to be the kind of person who I can be close with, and my father isn't ready for anything more revealing yet. 

I live under a facade a lot of the time. 

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:08pm
My family knows most of my life except atheism and the fact that I have had sex before. LOL

-------------

Posted By: ThABxBoRoUgH
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:59pm
They know nothing. And I like it that way. I only have brothers and I am not about to be telling them my business like that. Heck no. Then again, I am a private person when it comes to dating, partying, etc. I feel like they know very little about me outside our home, which is why they are so damn nosy and trying to figure me out. lol let a playa be!

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:00pm
My mom knows less than half of what happens in my life. No one knows everything.

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:01pm
They know nothing.. Don't really mind it.. 

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:02pm
Eh they don't know I'm dating a white man...I don't want them to laugh at me :(

But my grandma does lol

They don't know anything about my sex life. My parents thought I was a lesbian for the longest because I don't bring men around.

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:03pm
They only know what I want them to know.. Which is nothing. I just opened up to my sister about a lot of things and she did the same with me..

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: nikietc
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:13pm
They know a lot about dumb stuff like work drama, the way my place is decorated, what I bought from the mall, but they don't know much about my personal life. They're super judgmental and staunchly religious, so it's just better that way. I wish I could tell them more, but my brother made the mistake of doing that once and it did. not. end. well. I'll pass. 

-------------
-----
"Shoes are important things for a woman. Good shoes will take you to good places." ~Min Seo Hyun, Boys Over Flowers

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:28pm
Too damn much sh*t....

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:33pm
My immediate family knows a lot about my values, beliefs, and personal choices. As well as a lot about my current relationship. the other members of my family know nothing about me. I don't think they are even ready to believe that I am no longer little baby Derri who used to run around in a onesie Ermm

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:55pm
My mum knows everything except my sex life (and thats bcoz she doesnt wanna know, but if she asked i wouldnt lie) but she knows my relationships,  the cross-eyed b!tch at work etc ....every Sunday morning we are always on the phone gossiping Approve

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:28pm
My family and I are not close (for good reasons). They know that I'm alive.....and I'm in school and that's about it.

AND I wish I never told my mom about losing my virginity. After that our relationship sucked and I swear she assumes I'm a ho. When I was living with her, everytime I'm out late she assumes I'm having sex. Ermm 

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:31pm
Very little, not that a have much to talk about anyway...

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:36pm
Estranged from my parents so they know the state I live in. I'm pretty close with most of my sisters' so they know everything.

-------------
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:36pm
they think they know everything but they really don't know anything. I'm a pro at keeping guessing. I'm not really comfortable with people knowing all my business.

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:42pm
They know a few things...not much though.

I'm at this point where I'm over my family, especially my parents. Not saying that I don't love or care about them, but I stopped cleaving unto them, which means I no longer care about what they think of me. I'm a much different spirit now too, so we are not going to look at things the same way.

-------------

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Nothing.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:03pm
I don't really have a sex life.. But I told my mom when I started masturbating at 16. I wasn't a big deal. She and my godmother are the two I tell everything to. My beliefs/guys/everything. 

ETA: They are the two people I vent to about life, I think that's why.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

My mom knows everything. Dad probably still thinks im a virgin. smh. Rest of my family knows nothing.
This.Big smile

I can ask dad questions about guys but I am thinking he'll pick up the hint I'm grown lol

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 3:06am
I am pretty open about my life..I have nothing to hide or be ashamed about. My mom knew I was in BDSM when I was teen. And now you all know too. 

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 3:19am
^^^^^^what did mom say?  did she offer any pointers?

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 3:28am
lol no but she did let me buy several books about it. 

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:36am
not a damn thing.

sad but true

Posted By: GLAMAFROMNY
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 8:40pm

THIS!!!

-------------
GOD 1st!

Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 4:08am
not much. i'm just a private person.

i think the next generation is better but my parent's generation and mine? a bunch of judgmental assholes, myself included although I am much better because of the industry that i work in.

-------------
Harriet Tubman - I freed a thousands slaves. I would have freed more had they known they were slaves.

Michael Harriot - She wouldn't have freed any if she was worried about her hair.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 4:41am

Mom-90%
Dad- 15%

Yes, I like it that way.  She's more of my friend than my mother, and she doesn't judge me.  My dad loves me, but he dominates all his relationships and is too difficult to talk to.

The only thing that is off limits to my mom is my sex life although I did tell her once about an ex who couldn't perform after she kept begging me to take him back.

-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.

Posted By: LushHair_Fein
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 10:57am
Nothing... 

Most of the time, I like it that way.  Other moments, I just wished they took the time to really know me as a person and not "their" child... 

I don't relate to either of my parents...  My mom just assumes and judges all the dayum time.  And I haven't spoken to my father in almost 2yrs.  Pops is a habitual man whore...  Got tired of his drama filled life...

-------------
Educate before speculate..............

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:08am
They know about 3%.

I talk to Dad about business and career stuff. We really understand each other on that aspect because i get my work ethic from him. But we do not discuss my personal relationships however, i do want him to like and respect the man that i'll marry....so i'll have to have that discussion sometime. 

My mother, we are just 2 totally different ppl. I tell her nothing.

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 11:11am
they know 10% if that.
Most dont even know where I lay my head.
Yes, I like it this way.

Print Page | Close Window