Print Page | Close Window

is it just a dog ? are people doing to much ?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351722
Printed Date: Sep 22 2017 at 11:39pm

Topic: is it just a dog ? are people doing to much ?
Posted By: bunzaveli
Subject: is it just a dog ? are people doing to much ?
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:36am
so ill try to make it real short, a black kid who currently was released from juvenille detention with a gps enabled ankle bracelet, breaks into a cops house with intent to steal, and shoots the cops dog. the police know its the boy because the ankle bracelet pretty much put him at the scene of the crime and pretty much said he was there. the dog had to be put down, and now the 16 year old is facing life in prison. only person at the home at the time was the dog.

here is a time line of all the articles they posted in my local paper, it pretty much says exactly how it all happened from the perspective of the public.

yesterday the boys mother tried to create one of those donation pages asking for help on legal fees for the boy, and the public went ape sh*t.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/16-year-old-accused-of-shooting-dog-during-burglar/nTGDQ/" rel="nofollow - Royal Palm Beach teen accused of shooting dog who later died had been wearing ankle monitor for less than a week

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/troopers-german-shepherd-defends-home-from-intrude/nTCmP/" rel="nofollow - German shepherd shot several times when intruders broke into state trooper’s home in critical but stable condition

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/Heroic-former-police-dog-could-not-be-saved/nTDRD/" rel="nofollow - Heroic former police dog could not be saved

Originally posted by palmbeachpost palmbeachpost wrote:

Donation page for alleged dog killer taken down

The family of the teenage suspect in the shooting of a retired police dog tried to raise money for his bail on a website.

A day later, after a slew of outrage and abuse reports to the website, that attempt has been halted.

A story about 16-year-old Ivins Rosier’s family seeking money for his release went up Monday afternoon on PalmBeachPost.com. Within a few hours, dozens of comments had been posted from readers expressing outrage that the donation page even existed.

Many even wrote that they had reported the webpage, hosted by the Chicago-based private company GiveForward, as offensive. The page was taken down Tuesday morning.

As of late Monday, Ivins’ family’s fundraising effort — which seeks $100,000 — had yielded only a single contribution for $1 and an angry comment, apparently from that donor.

“Killing a dog is pretty low, yet alone breaking into houses,” said the contributor, identified only as “Wow.” “Enjoy the dollar — hopefully your son stays behind bars for awhile.”

Rosier has been held without bail since his arrest Nov. 21 in the Nov. 18 armed burglary of a Florida Highway Patrol trooper’s suburban West Palm Beach home. Drake, the German shepherd and retired police dog who lives with Trooper Boby Boody, was shot at least four times. He was put to sleep Nov. 23 as a result of his injuries.

Rosier is facing charges of burglary of a dwelling with a firearm, felony cruelty to animals with a firearm and shooting into a building. He was denied bail Nov. 30. The two others allegedly involved in the burglary and shooting have not been arrested.

The webpage said Rosier is one of six children whom their mother raised by herself after the kids’ father died 10 years ago.

“So he really didn’t have a father figure to help accomplish his real goals,” the author wrote about Rosier, a Royal Palm Beach High student. “We all think that he just needs support.”

Replies:
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:38am

picture of the kid

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:42am
he already had an ankle bracelet on and he still robbing housesSleepy...If he had  broke in my house and killed my dog Id want some jail time..He doesnt seem to care...and whos to say he wouldnt have killed a human if they were home... he brought a gun for a reason....
He shouldn't get life but its obvious that dude needs some form of discipline. Do they ever send these teens to like military school or something.....What are his previous offenses?

-------------

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:42am
I thought this was about the cop in Chi that shot the dog.

ETA:

Is it just a dog? Yes

Is it just about the dog? No

Are people doing too much? Yes

Does he deserve the option of bail? Yes (said knowing full well his family broke)

Does he deserve time in prison? Yes

Does he deserve life in prison? No

Will he get life in prison? Most likely. It is Florida after all.

ETFA: Should the donations page have been taken down? HELL NO! Kid killers/nappers have had donations pages. Hey Zimmerbum, hey Utah brown baby buyers, hey. He killed a damn dog. Priorities & perspective people. Priorities & perspective.

-------------

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:44am
im wondering why this kid is so hell bent on destroying his life and wonder who he's really trying to punish.

Posted By: Kiwistardust
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:45am
LOL I thought people supported donations when the person was at least semi-innocent. More importantly, why was he not kept watch on when he is so freshly out?

I'm apathetic to the father-firgure bullsh!t for my own reasons.

-------------

Posted By: PurrPoZe
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:45am
Doin way too much

-------------
cool

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:46am
*too

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:47am
if a human was home, he would've done the same thing. he went to rob with a gun in hand. throw his ass in jail for a long time. i don't like to see a young person get life but he deserves some time.
his mother needs to re-evaluate her life.

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

What are his previous offenses?

burglarizing another home
Quote According to the affidavit, the teen suspect was on probation for a previous crime. He was arrested for allegedly burglarizing a home on Oct. 25. He was released from the Juvenile Assessment Center and fitted with an electronic ankle monitor on Nov. 13.

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

*too
why you tryin to hurt me ? Cry

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:49am
I wouldnt be donating any of my moneys....  His mom sounds like the type talk about how good of a kid her child was...when everybody on the block know that Deshawn aint did shh all day but sling dope, rob folk and sit on the hood of his non running car in front of the house blasting music all day. But once he gets got....mom is surprised.

Denial be's a bish

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:50am
one offense and shooting a dog

now while i think these crackas be acting up....they would never express such outrage if he had killed a black kid

he needs to be rehabilitated

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:51am
The dog is a retired police dog.. That's probably why they are seeking life behind bars.

Yes, I think he needs jail time for breaking into the officer's house with intent to steal and on top of it, shooting the dog for no reason at all.. He just got released from Juvie and still breaking into houses with a gps bracelet?? He must want to go back..

But life in prison? That's another issue..

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:54am
He's a criminal, a repeat offender at that. He has no damn sense, and he needs something done for him, but i don't think any amount of prison time is going to help him, he is old enough to know right from wrong, but he is not old enough to truly understand what life in prison is, he hasn't lived any, so being locked away will be what he knows about life, it won't really be a "punishment", and considering he's 16 life will really mean 25 - 30 years MAYBE, he'll be in his forties, and will have learned how to commit a whole bunch of other crimes.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

LOL I thought people supported donations when the person was at least semi-innocent. More importantly, why was he not kept watch on when he is so freshly out?

I'm apathetic to the father-firgure bullsh!t for my own reasons.
Most forces don't have the resources for something like that, unless you are an extremely high risk offender. Here you have to pay for ankle monitoring yourself for it even to be considered an option for release. I do know that killing a K9 in the line of duty can be equal to killing a cop in the eyes of the law, but I don't know about veteran status. He should go to jail, and he should get real time because multiple felonies were committed in that one act, but I don't think the child should be in jail for the rest of his life.

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:56am
He broke into a cop's house with the intent to rob it...and shot his dog...who was a former police dog...while black?  And they expected anything other than life in prison? Stern Smile

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

if a human was home, he would've done the same thing. he went to rob with a gun in hand. throw his ass in jail for a long time. i don't like to see a young person get life but he deserves some time.
his mother needs to re-evaluate her life.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

He's a criminal, a repeat offender at that. He has no damn sense, and he needs something done for him, but i don't think any amount of prison time is going to help him, he is old enough to know right from wrong, but he is not old enough to truly understand what life in prison is, he hasn't lived any, so being locked away will be what he knows about life, it won't really be a "punishment", and considering he's 16 life will really mean 25 - 30 years MAYBE, he'll be in his forties, and will have learned how to commit a whole bunch of other crimes.
Yea maybe depending on the laws in his state. If it were here life=natural life.

Posted By: Harmonii
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I wouldnt be donating any of my moneys....  His mom sounds like the type talk about how good of a kid her child was...when everybody on the block know that Deshawn aint did shh all day but sling dope, rob folk and sit on the hood of his non running car in front of the house blasting music all day. But once he gets got....mom is surprised.

Denial be's a bish

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

He broke into a cop's house with the intent to rob it...and shot his dog...who was a former police dog...while black?  And they expected anything other than life in prison? Stern Smile

BINGOOOOO

idk about receiving life. however his punishment should be hella stern
if he would shoot a dog down & break into A COP'S home then he wouldnt hesitate to kill humankind
no thanks. get em off the streets for a long time
obviously he didnt learn during his previous stint(s) in jail.

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:01pm
I doubt he'll get life. I need to see what statutory basis they have to justify going for life.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:06pm
Life in prison for a dog....

poor Trayvon

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:08pm
Ok, I looked at it. He is facing 3 charges.

1) Burglary of a Dwelling with a Firearm
2) Felony Cruelty to Animals with a Firearm
3) Shooting into a Building

The burglary of a dwelling with a firearm charge alone is punishable by life. Wow. Florida doesn't play. Well, he may get life. Sorry.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

picture of the kid
Is he special? He looks special...if he is special, I'd say they need to do some evaluation before giving him life. Maybe treatment, meds, some more intervetion. But life?

I guess they're looking at his record and thus far he's not shaping up to be a benefit to society, so why not benefit the state...Fuccked up either way.

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:19pm
Ok, so the breakdown is:

Armed burglary of a dwelling: Up to life imprisonment (First degree felony)

Cruelty to animals with a firearm: Up to 5 years (Third degree felony)

Shooting into a building: Up to 15 years (Second degree felony)

So technically, he wouldn't be getting life for shooting a dog. He'd get life for burglarizing a dwelling with a firearm.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:22pm
You gotta be retarded to burglarize a house with an ankle bracelet on. 

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:26pm
^^^^Basically. If his defense team doesn't get him an IQ test, then they are incompetent. Well, at least then the family can appeal on ineffective assistance of counsel. Why is the mom raising money for his defense anyway? He should have court appointed counsel. If they don't like who is appointed, they can fire the person, and get appointed a new attorney. Court appointed attorneys aren't that bad.

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

You gotta be retarded to burglarize a house with an ankle bracelet on. 
I didn't want to be so blunt...but yes.

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:32pm
Diminished capacity all in his eyes.

-------------

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:51pm
he's an idiot.
i save my capes for the deserving.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by PurrPoZe PurrPoZe wrote:

Doin way too much

-------------

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:37pm
Not even a month after being released you're breaking into someone's house and carrying a gun...they are not doing too much.

Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:48pm
Life in prison for shooting a dog? Pedophiles get less time than that. Why?

Yes that's doing too much, send him to juvie/prison whatever for a couple of years and be done with it. that's doing waay too much

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by soarlikecruz soarlikecruz wrote:

Life in prison for shooting a dog? Pedophiles get less time than that. Why?

Yes that's doing too much, send him to juvie/prison whatever for a couple of years and be done with it. that's doing waay too much

The OP is misstated. He would not be getting life for shooting a dog.

Posted By: soarlikecruz
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:52pm
Oh ok. NeveryoumindEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:56pm

Why ? Even if it's not because of the dog, pedophiles still get less time.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

I mean.... this. Does he deserve life? No. But homie needs to be smacked 3 good times just for breaking into a cop's house. A cop's house! And you wearing yo go go gadget bracelet? The fawk was he thinking? He should get a few extra months just for being dumb ass.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:42pm
I wonder if the dog tried to attack him.

-------------

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:46pm
hes stupid. 
but life is a bit long over a dog... 

i think its just because it was a cops dog. 

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:50pm
It's not because of the dog. 10 20 life is the law in fla. everyone knows yet they're still dumb enough to commit crimes with a firearm. Juvie obviously didn't teach him anything bcs right after being released he broke into someone's house. Criminals like that become repeat offenders you keep putting them back on the street they end up on first 48. Anyone dumb enough to break into someone's house with a monitoring bracelet on cant be saved/rehabilitated.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:52pm

Why? Even if it's not because of the dog, pedophiles still get less time.

You guys are really hung up on the dog.  They will probably drop the cruelty to animals charge, unless the cop pushes for it, if that makes you guys feel any better. He'll still be facing life though.

I would never advocate for the extensive punishment of a child. He is a child. They shouldn't try him as an adult. He can still be rehabilitated, but....

I don't think the "pedophiles get less time" argument works here. He robbed someone's home, while armed, and discharged his firearm. If it was your home, would you say the same thing? I take more issue with them charging his as an adult than I do with the statutory maximum sentence. Most people don't get the statutory maximum, and I actually think the statutory maximum is appropriate for the state. He shouldn't get the maximum, but I don't think life for armed burglary of a dwelling is an absurd statutory maximum.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Why? Even if it's not because of the dog, pedophiles still get less time.

You guys are really hung up on the dog.  

I'm not hung up on the dog, i honestly don't care about the dog, i meant the burglary/weapon charges. Pedophiles don't get life in prison, but someone who broke into another persons home with gun can be sent to prison for life ?

ETA: And if it was my home, i would say the same thing, material things can be replaced.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:04am

I'm not hung up on the dog, i honestly don't care about the dog, i meant the burglary/weapon charges. Pedophiles don't get life in prison, but someone who broke into another persons home with gun can be sent to prison for life ? 

Most of them don't get life. It is the statutory maximum, meaning they can't get more than life and most people get less, but I think that is a fair maximum. Someone that breaks into someone else's home with a gun is a greater danger to society. But if you are advocating for harsher penalties for pedophiles, I agree with you.

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:17am
Should he go to jail: Yes
For life: No

-------------
iRep ♥ Naija
TexLAXED 1.25.13'
SL starting alllll the way over. Watch me work.
APL 2013

<

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 10:07am
Some ppl are who they are & won't change.  Can't be rehabilitated.  Let him rot.  What good does he do for society walking around in the free world??

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 11:57am
is a sad situation all around

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Dec 10 2012 at 12:50pm
Qué?

People don't even get life in prison for killing another HUMAN, but they are seeking that for him killing a dog?! Fuuckery.

They probably are doing the most because they know he can only get a public pretender-hence the startup of the donation page. I wouldn't donate, but I see why some would want to.

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Print Page | Close Window