Print Page | Close Window

How long does your weaves last?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves / Extensions (for Newbies)
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351705
Printed Date: Oct 20 2018 at 8:45pm

Topic: How long does your weaves last?
Posted By: vanessaw
Subject: How long does your weaves last?
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:58am
I've had weaves that last really long, but I also had weaves that didn't even last a week.. The ones that I've been recently been purchasing from has been lasting very long, for about 5 months, and still going.. But I still have to wait and see..

I'm wondering how long does everyone's weaves last? And how much you paid?

Replies:
Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:39am
The oldest weave I have is some KS hair from aliexpress.  I purchased it in July.  Havent worn it yet but I have washed and straightened the hair many times.  I also dyed it red and I have no shedding or tangling.

Posted By: darlinnic
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:45am
You mean on my head?
At least 3 months

For installs?
I've been using the same hair for at least 3 installs now
Senghori shells NR

Posted By: plt
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:13am
my installs are between 3-4 months and I have hair that is about 3 yrs but I only wear  my weaves in the natural state I don't put heat on it at all

Posted By: MsYlilbit
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:24pm
I have been wearing forever!, its like I'm addicted to it. My natural hair is so thin now. I wouldn't dare wear my own. But I want to get it back healthy. What should I do wear wigs so I can take better care of my natural hair? Please help.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:27pm
I have been wearing wwave forever!, its like I'm addicted to it. My natural hair is so thin now. I wouldn't dare wear my own. But I want to get it back healthy. What should I do wear wigs so I can take better care of my natural hair? Please help.

Posted By: JaZ__ZE_
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:16pm
Ive also been wearing weaves forever! my hair is so long now, but Im so used to weaves. I think My next hair purchase Ill make a u part.

Posted By: plt
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:36pm
i would try weaves apply them glueless if possible and treatments, deep condition and good leave ins MsYlilbit

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:52pm
I go as long as my scalp can handle. When it starts itching to the point it burns, it's gotta come out. I do wash and do what I can do take care of my scalp but no matter how much I do it, it itches by month 3....

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 7:57pm
my installs last 4-5 months and Ive used the same hair in back to back installs for 3.5 yrs. I only wear curly hair and I have never straightened it.

I wear Wags NC. Made a Upart with the same hair about 2 mos ago.

-------------

Posted By: cici1989
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:05pm
I typically wear my installs for 3-5 months. The longest my weave has lasted was a year. 

Posted By: teethatsall
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 11:50am
The longest I've kept a sew in was for 5 months with minimal maintenance... I washed it every other week with a none high volumnizing shampoo and either let air dry or towel dry til it was damp then blow dryed.

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:02am
Thank you. How offen should I deep Condition my own hair because I always have weave in.

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:10am
Originally posted by MsYlilbit MsYlilbit wrote:

Thank you. How offen should I deep Condition my own hair because I always have weave in.

Everytime you wash it if possible , I usually deep condition for 20-30 min with a clear shower cap and you can sit under a head dryer or apply a blow dryer to help set the conditioner as well....Tresseme and the Suave Salon collection is good or if you want a higher end product try nairobi or kera care all of those are good as well

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:33am
Thank you again,I only keep my weaves In for 2 months. Never use glue.

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:39am
And how do you properly deep condition my natural hair with weave in it?

Date Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 10:41am
And how do you properly deep condition my natural hair with weave in it?

Posted By: chidiva79
Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by vanessaw vanessaw wrote:

I've had weaves that last really long, but I also had weaves that didn't even last a week.. The ones that I've been recently been purchasing from has been lasting very long, for about 5 months, and still going.. But I still have to wait and see..

I'm wondering how long does everyone's weaves last? And how much you paid?

My installs typically range between 100-150. As for how long it last...I normally keep them in from 9-11 weeks. Anything more than that is too long for my hair. My hair tends to grow about 1 1/2 inch during this time so I couldn't imagine keeping my install longer than 11 weeks. In addition, I have a lot of thick hair. I also wash my hair once a week which could impact how long I keep it up. It also depends on how tight they braid and sew.  I CANNOT take a tight install, for that purpose my installs tend to get a little loose around week 8. 

As for conditioning your hair...I usually use a color bottle (bottle w/ a small tip) and ALWAYS use leave in conditioner on my braids. I have seen tremendous growth and retained my length and thickness. 

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 9:53am
Yea as long as you condition everytime you wash you'll be fine. Everyone has their own unique routine. I been wearing sew ins for over 2 years but I do give my hair time to rest. I got sew-ins to help grow my hair. Here's a pic of my hair growth in the last two years.
 Before After (Now)

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 1:53pm
@Teethatsall how long do you keep your weave in? My hair hair has gotten thin, your hair looks so healthy.

Date Posted: Dec 13 2012 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by MsYlilbit MsYlilbit wrote:

@Teethatsall how long do you keep your weave in? My hair hair has gotten thin, your hair looks so healthy.

I usually keep my sew-ins for minimum 3 months. My natural hair grows very fast so my braids lift within the 1st month in a half, as far as your hair being thin its a variety of ways to get some thickness to your hair within time...what type of key products do you use? ( example shampoo, conditioner, moisterizers, sheens, sprays etc)

Posted By: kandyse1988
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 9:19pm
Well my hair has been lasting, I had Madira virgin hair that lasted 3 months, my second install was from Luvin hair products from aliexpress that lasted five months. It's is still good I have it stashed away. Currently I have in and on Malaysian curly it's been going good December 25th makes two months since I had it in.

Posted By: Lightangel
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by teethatsall teethatsall wrote:

Yea as long as you condition everytime you wash you'll be fine. Everyone has their own unique routine. I been wearing sew ins for over 2 years but I do give my hair time to rest. I got sew-ins to help grow my hair. Here's a pic of my hair growth in the last two years.
 Before After (Now)

Excellent hair growth and retention, congratulations Clap
Weaves are definitely working for you, your hair growth is a great motivation for me.
Thank you Hug

Posted By: Lightangel
Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:01pm

I usually wear my installs for 3 months, I’ve hair that I used for over 2 years.

The quality of the hair and the status of my scalp dictates for how long I can keep the weave.

The longest I had a weave installed was 6 months.

My hair always thrives when I keep it protected under weaves… never had problems with tangling or thinning hair.

I keep my hair moisturized by using a conditioner & water spritz or S-curl no drip every other day.

HTH

Date Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:20pm
Thank you ladies I appreciate your help ladies. I use S-Curl as my Moisturizer. How Long do you give your hair a break in between your weaves? Teethatsall your hair is pretty and thick. I wish I had thicker hair. I use Organic Olivé oil replenishing conditoner.

Posted By: Browneyez242
Date Posted: Jan 10 2013 at 8:58pm
Since i started using using a net my weaves last longer. I am trying to keep this current install for at least 3 months...

Print Page | Close Window