Print Page | Close Window

Repost? Ten year old girl big chop!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351701
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 2:20pm

Topic: Repost? Ten year old girl big chop!
Posted By: ImThatDiva
Subject: Repost? Ten year old girl big chop!
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:19am
Ignore this if it's a repost. It's almost a year old. I can't get the reply box off of prompt mode so I hyperlinked it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw_AerGiHMY&feature=g-all" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw_AerGiHMY&feature=g-all

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Replies:
Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:22am

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:33am
Thank you Bindy

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: chinadoll77
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:09am
She's brave,wasn't ever considering that at that age..I was busy playing kick all,and beating up boys....

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:23am
I big chopped at about 8 or 9 but back then it was called your hair deciding to leave of its own accord cause yo moms put a jheri curl on top of a perm. I guess u could say i transitioned to no hair. Lol

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 6:49am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I big chopped at about 8 or 9 but back then it was called your hair deciding to leave of its own accord cause yo moms put a jheri curl on top of a perm. I guess u could say i transitioned to no hair. Lol

WHATT???  How in the world did she do that??Cry

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

chile...*sighs* I had a perm...it was growing out and she took it into her head that i'd be cute with a curl.  I tried to tell her that I ain't want no curl but u know how most parent's don't really care what u want when it comes to this sort of thing.  smh.  I cried and cried when my hair fell out...kids ragged on me hard....I would stay in the house.  She kicked me out the house to play when she realized I hadn't been outside except for school for like a straight week. and I didn't speak to her unless I had to for the longest time. I can laugh now but at the time....

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:42am

chile...*sighs* I had a perm...it was growing out and she took it into her head that i'd be cute with a curl.  I tried to tell her that I ain't want no curl but u know how most parent's don't really care what u want when it comes to this sort of thing.  smh.  I cried and cried when my hair fell out...kids ragged on me hard....I would stay in the house.  She kicked me out the house to play when she realized I hadn't been outside except for school for like a straight week. and I didn't speak to her unless I had to for the longest time. I can laugh now but at the time....

My mom did the opposite. I had a jheri curl then mom put a relaxer in afterwards. Needless to say i was soon rocking the early 90s Toni Braxton at the age of 11.

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:59am

damn

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:02am

That's terribleDead

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:27am
At ten she shouldn't have had a perm to begin with, then there would be no need to big chop...Parents are just lazy...Yeah I said it!

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:49am
thats crazy...chopping hair at 10? how did you mess it up so bad?? thats stupid.

-------------

Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:50am
^^^Yup they sure are. My grandma is letting my 8 year old cousin get a relaxer next year. It's just too young. Maybe high school age is ok but she's a baby.

-------------
Cry me a river d*@kface you just got yourself another one!

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

At ten she shouldn't have had a perm to begin with, then there would be no need to big chop...Parents are just lazy...Yeah I said it!

So true my mom put a perm in my hair at 5 or 6 she regrets it to this day.

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:19am
that little girl made me smile 
she has a beautiful spirit about her 

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:21am
If I'm not mistaken from what the girl said in the video she wasn't relaxed anyway. She was still natural the only reason she BC'd was from heat damage from her parents blow drying her hair.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 10:37am
my parents used to send me to get perms and jheri curls too... my hair never fell out. 

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:20am
i transitioned at like 10-12....i begged my mom for a perm....she gave me one...and then my hair fell out. and then she was like "do you want another perm?" i said no and that was the end of that.  years later i relaxed again...at like 16 or so.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

If I'm not mistaken from what the girl said in the video she wasn't relaxed anyway. She was still natural the only reason she BC'd was from heat damage from her parents blow drying her hair.

Confused
Seriously? Then if thats the case, I need to to cut off all my hair too. Just plains stupid. She's a child that still has to go to school.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by r0ck_starr r0ck_starr wrote:

Confused
Seriously? Then if thats the case, I need to to cut off all my hair too. Just plains stupid. She's a child that still has to go to school.

The little girl said herself in the video she's the one that wanted to cut her hair off not her parents. Also what does her having to go to school have to do with anything? It's just hair it'll grow back. The worse that can happen is kids calling her bald headed or something of the sorts.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:36pm
She's a child with her own youtube channel.
Let me watch her other videos. 

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:42pm

Confused

The little girl said herself in the video she's the one that wanted to cut her hair off not her parents. Also what does her having to go to school have to do with anything? It's just hair it'll grow back. The worse that can happen is kids calling her bald headed or something of the sorts.
Nicey I get what you're saying. But, she's 10! So that decision IMO, shouldn't be made by her. I have a daughter and she goes through so many phase, (dabbling with color) and she also cut her hair off (the sides)...and we fought tooth and nail for her to stop getting the sides cut off.because I refused to see the foolishness she was doing to herself. At 10 you are going though many changes, and cutting your hair to a caesar, may not be the best idea.

Plus I can't help but think what was the motive in posting the video? The child didn't post it herself did she? It must've been the parents.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:44pm

Nicey I get what you're saying. But, she's 10! So that decision IMO, shouldn't be made by her. I have a daughter and she goes through so many phase, (dabbling with color) and she also cut her hair off (the sides)...and we fought tooth and nail for her to stop getting the sides cut off.because I refused to see the foolishness she was doing to herself. At 10 you are going though many changes, and cutting your hair to a caesar, may not be the best idea.

Plus I can't help but think what was the motive in posting the video? The child didn't post it herself did she? It must've been the parents.

She posted it.
It's her channel.
She has other videos and she responds to the comments. .

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:46pm
which may be worse. Maybe she decided to cut her hair completely off to garner attention to her yt channel? Either way, I don't think she should be making that decision at 10.

-------------

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:49pm
If her hair was damaged...what's the problem?

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:50pm
Look. Hair grows. Shocked

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:52pm

Confused

That's the child's youtube channel so I wouldn't be surprised if she posted it herself especially since most kids these days know more about navigating the internet than adults do. And seeing as how she did it for the health of her hair I don't see what the big deal is especially if she's saying her hair was heat damaged due to things her mom was doing to her hair. Judging from the videos she has on her channel it looks like she does her research on how to maintain her hair and keep it healthy. IMO if the parents were allowing her to walk around with a head full of sewn in blonde yaki weave that weighed more than she did THEN that would be a cause for side eyeing them.

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:13pm
kudos to her parents for instilling in her that hair isn't everything 
kudos to her parents for esteeming her to not care what other people think 
kudos to this little girl for doing what makes her happy and not what society thinks is acceptable 

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:16pm
Aww
Like Willow

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:18pm
her hair was obviously damaged.

if you look at the condition of her hair from her big chop video
to her post chop video.

at such a young age-- she's doing what ppl wait decades to learn (if they ever learn at all)
healthy hair practices.

so for that i applaud her.

being upset at her cutting her damaged hair-- and learning to be better.
is like me seeing a kid exercising and rolling my eyes.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:26pm
Why is it so wrong for a black girl to cut her hair..bhm confuses me

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:35pm
Her hair is beautiful I agree that kids go through changes and may end up not liking their hair. But, hair isn't that important to everyone and when she talked about if she ever got cancer she would know how to style short hair. I almost cried.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

black women love heat damage

It makes them look like they got indian in they family. 

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 1:41pm
i dont think-- cutting one's hair to embark on a healthy hair journey should be considered a phase or even talked about in the same light as a child who wants a cassie hair cut....or to color her hair blue,  pink and gold.

and yes she's in school....where she may very well be made fun of b/c of her hair choice..
but do we really want to to raise children-- that we teach-- fawk trying to improve yourself-- if others are going to make fun of your decision -- put that decision on a back burner...to appease the masses.??

eeewww. wont be my child.

-------------

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

i dont think-- cutting one's hair to embark on a healthy hair journey should be considered a phase or even talked about in the same light as a child who wants a cassie hair cut....or to color her hair blue,  pink and gold.

and yes she's in school....where she may very well be made fun of b/c of her hair choice..
but do we really want to to raise children-- that we teach-- fawk trying to improve yourself-- if others are going to make fun of your decision -- put that decision on a back burner...to appease the masses.??

ClapThat's beautful.

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:19pm
Im all for the big chop. My mom did a number on me with an S-curl on top of a Just For Me. Thankfully I only lost a patch in the center seemingly from my ponytail being in the same spot daily. I just wished that after her big chop, they wouldve edged it up.

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:25pm
a 10 year old child should not have their own you-tube channel. 

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:52pm

Obiviously, the girl got confidence and self-esteem in herself that it don't matter what the other kids are going to think at the playground.. Her parents should be commended for raising a child with such a mindset. She more confident than I ever was at that age.. So, kudos to her.. Nothing wrong with that child wanting to pratice healthy hair care at that age..

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:06pm
she is absolutely adorable and i have the utmost respect for this youngin Heart

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

Why not?

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:10pm
oh her hair is very finely textured

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Aww
Like Willow

willow had hair damage?

-------------

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:15pm

Confused

Kinda what i was thinking. Unnecessary IMO. There will be issues at shool. A ten year old shouldnt have to handle that kinda pressure if she doesnt have to. But if she can then kudos to her, i just dont think there wasnt another alternative. Just leave the hair and pamper it let it grow out. Meh,

-------------
You'll be a memory for someone someday. Try to be a good one

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 4:19pm
I admire her courage. No way I coulda made the decision to rock a Ceasar at 10 years old. I woulda been holding on to my damaged tresses . I commend her for taking the steps that are gonna help her in the long run.

Her YouTube channel seems very age appropriate to me and you can tell her parents are very involved.

Much luck and success to this beautiful young lady who seems to have a beautiful spirit and courage outta this world.

Posted By: Allure.
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:12pm
She really didn't need to cut off her hair, a good DC every week can help restore ur hair after heat damage. It worked for me anyway.

-------------

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 7:21pm
What a brave little girl.  She has beautiful hair!  I commend her parents for raising her with such confidence! 

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

ClapThat's beautful.

gracias doll.
its a sad ass case that its adults on a hair forum saying anything besides praise for this girl.
but meh--such is life.

-------------

Posted By: FarrahTheLibra
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:10pm
She has a beautiful face.

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:17pm
Well I applaud the parents for raising such a confident young lady, but she need some hair on her head. Glad its growing back.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

kudos to her parents for instilling in her that hair isn't everything 
kudos to her parents for esteeming her to not care what other people think 
kudos to this little girl for doing what makes her happy and not what society thinks is acceptable 
Lamp

I would have been chicken at age 10. Good for her.Clap

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

that little girl made me smile 
she has a beautiful spirit about her 
That's why I posted it. It made me happy watching it.Big smile

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:59pm
That lil girl dgaf about what others think obviously she did what she thought was best for her and grown women are using her vids as inspiration. She's mature enough to make those decisions and she has what a lot of us didn't/don't a supportive family. Kudos to her.

Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Aww
Like Willow
No, not like Willow. This girl has a maturity level about her. I honestly changed my view about bc'ing little girls after watching this vid. Willow didn't make me feel like that. Willow makes me feel like she's a dumb little girl who just wants to look trendy and her parents are a couple of years away from having absolutely no control over her.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:00am
She is So wise Beyond Her Years, I wish I had Her Strength and Courage when I was Her Age...

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:02am
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

This I don't disagree with.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:02am
im going to teach my children that hair is not that serious too. 

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:04am
She is too cute! I love her.

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Confused

Kinda what i was thinking. Unnecessary IMO. There will be issues at shool. A ten year old shouldnt have to handle that kinda pressure if she doesnt have to. But if she can then kudos to her, i just dont think there wasnt another alternative. Just leave the hair and pamper it let it grow out. Meh,

don't you think that there is something more wrong with children thinking it's okay to bully or make fun of a peer because they have short hair? Isn't that the real issue or am I missing something? Since when do we teach children to give into peer pressure and societal pressure? I thought we were supposed to be doing the opposite and teach them to be confident in themselves and take care of their bodies?

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
-Midna

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:24am
You're not missing anything, ITD. If more women had the confidence of this 10 year old, we wouldnt even be having this discussion. Im not even saying that to be shady, it's the cold hard truth. Shouldnt we be happy that someone so young was able to find confidence and self esteem that most of us didnt find until our adult lives? Confidence that a lot of us still havent found.

We cant be up on Black Hair Media, shouting about how we are not our hair, then side-eye a child who's truly about that life. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:33am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Confused

don't you think that there is something more wrong with children thinking it's okay to bully or make fun of a peer because they have short hair? Isn't that the real issue or am I missing something? Since when do we teach children to give into peer pressure and societal pressure? I thought we were supposed to be doing the opposite and teach them to be confident in themselves and take care of their bodies?

My sentiments exactly. If ya'll care more about kids picking at her than her worry about the health of her hair maybe ya'll need to learn to have a little more self esteem. Obviously she's mature enough to handle kids picking on her if she made the decision to cut her hair instead of caring what others would think of what she's doing. If people learn to teach their kids how to be strong and hold up we wouldn't have this fear of worrying about what others think in the first place.

Posted By: H0tg1rl
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:43am
I love It!!!

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

You're not missing anything, ITD. If more women had the confidence of this 10 year old, we wouldnt even be having this discussion. Im not even saying that to be shady, it's the cold hard truth. Shouldnt we be happy that someone so young was able to find confidence and self esteem that most of us didnt find until our adult lives? Confidence that a lot of us still havent found.

We cant be up on Black Hair Media, shouting about how we are not our hair, then side-eye a child who's truly about that life. 
Lamp

I guess she should wait until she's an adult sittin' around with adult busted hair (like a lot of us BHM members didStern Smile) before she can makes a healthy change? I joke but...lol

Self-confidence & sh*t ftw!

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:20pm
What a sad thread.....

-------------
yo

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 11:45pm
Shocked

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 12:55am
black women hate short hair

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:06am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

We already look like men....short hair makes us look even more manly.

-------------

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:27am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

We already look like men....short hair makes us look even more manly.

ouch, lol

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 1:29am
lol

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 2:15am
MY mom cut of my damaged relaxed ends a lot as a child. 
Not BC but short enough. It was damaged, she told me it was the only way and that it would grow back. And it did. 

I love this young girl's spirit. She is so full of confidence, and I love that both of her parents are there in her life to support her through her changes. This is what happens when kids have their (good) parents in their lives. They raise mature, confident, and fresh spirited young people who grow up to be well balanced adults. 

Print Page | Close Window