Print Page | Close Window

Why I Hate School But Love Education

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351661
Printed Date: Dec 15 2017 at 10:32pm

Topic: Why I Hate School But Love Education
Posted By: Sang Froid
Subject: Why I Hate School But Love Education
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:33am
I'm annoyed.

Replies:
Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:37am
But, but, but, he didn't list any statistics. He just named people.

His point was valid though.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:39am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I'm annoyed.

When's the last time u got tested?

Wtf that got to do with the video?

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:41am
geezus...

listen here afrokock

lets look at the statistics..

pookie....t-dog....and Lil Ray Ray..billy joe etc
no education and are poor- not world renowned.

statistically speaking there are more of them-- than there are oprahs, steve jobs, and jay-z.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: Brownsugar1
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:41am
Smile

-------------

When there is no enemy within,
the enemies outside cannot hurt you.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:50am
no i didn't....
his statistics were names.

i can think of numbers--- actual  statistics that shyt on his entire train of thought.

and his accent annoys me..so hmph to u and him.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

thk u missed his point

I am inclined to agree with NYC, but I agree with one of the premises of the video. I agree that people should think more critically about education. Actively assess your goals and determine if an education is necessary for them. If so, then assess if the education is worth the cost. There are too many people defaulting on student loans for degrees they are not using. But on a personal note, I do not regret my education.

Posted By: Immie89
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:57am
He makes good points...ESP the memorizing and than later on forgetting ...I find that true. There's so muh pressure to memorize and perfect answers for exams but do we really remember the endless things that we crammed to pass these exams? I don't. I hardly remember any of if.

Posted By: Immie89
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:59am
And I know this is a spin off the other popular video 'why I hate religion but love Jesus' ....I'm waiting for a "Why i hate obesity , but love Taco Bell" video.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Immie89 Immie89 wrote:

And I know this is a spin off the other popular video 'why I hate religion but love Jesus' ....I'm waiting for a "Why i hate obesity , but love Taco Bell" video.

This is why I'm annoyed by this video.
It reminds me of that stupid ass video.

I can agree that the way schools are set up it's really hard to get an actual education...but not going to school isn't going to help you unless you've been prepped from a young age or you have a special talent. 

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:12am
I think more people need to learn trades rather than go through formal education. Formal education is overrated. The problem is that Negros don't want to learn anything. People want to be validated in their lack of education. If you are gaining experience or learning a trade, then you are getting an education. If you are sitting at home or in the streets, then you need to get an education. Formal education isn't the only education, but everyone should learn something.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:29am
another thing that irked me w/ the video besides his voice..lol

was the whole contention-
if you are working for someone else-- you aren't really helping yourself-- you are helping building someone else dreams.

ppl need to be realistic-
everyone can't be a damn leader. there needs to be followers..
a whole world filled w/ queen bees.. and no workers is useless. nothing will get done b/c everyone is out there trying to be their own damn boss...w/ no crew.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:31am
And why is it always black men advocating this sh*t?
Yall nigguhs wanna be bums so bad. 

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 4:42am
MM is somewhere about to have an orgasm.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: Organic
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:12am
He's got great teeth. A bit dingy, but they are really straight and full. He should get a cleaning.

-------------
Cut from full hip to full waist
Maxi Glide with coconut oil
Pin curls
VOILA!

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:50am
I took the meat from the bone.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 6:24am
north east stand up!!!

that was good..

clearly the point was missed

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:30am
Working for yourself is great but, not everyone is able to do that. Jobs are necessary in society and college teaches people how be employees.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Elohim_is_Love Elohim_is_Love wrote:

Why do we need leaders? Why does there always need to be a slave and master? Guess slave mentality hasn't died off.

So....everybody just gets to do their own thing with nobody to keep order huh?
Even religion has a damn leader and mind slaves like you.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:52am
formal education may not be designed to teach people to think outside the box but it can be the catalyst for self knowledge. it all depends on the individual and how motivated they are. same goes for someone with no formal education.

I agree with Sang. he just wants to be a bumLOL. and this is coming from someone without a college degree. 

that was extremely annoying. couldn't even watch it all.

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:57am
I don't think anyone missed the point. People just have varying opinions on it.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:01am
We get it, formal education aka school is not the main key to success. Educating yourself and working hard are more important elements. Why do people think you missed the point if you don't agree? I just didn't see it as a grand revelation, and I have a varying view point, but his general premise was valid.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:09am
I'm mad this nicca mentioned Shawn Carter. I'm a Jay-Z fan to the fullest, but, Jay first made his money selling kilos. That's how he was able to make Rocafella records and put out albums. He became rich off the drug game in the 80's and early 90's and flipped it. So I don't think that should be an example.

Everyone else this dude named made it when a college degree wasn't neccassary. It's 2012, take ur ass to school

Edited for spelling

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

We get it, formal education aka school is not the main key to success. Educating yourself and working hard are more important elements. Why do people think you missed the point if you don't agree? I just didn't see it as a grand revelation, and I have a varying view point, but his general premise was valid.
The sad thing he and others are missing is that jobs don't even want to talk to u 90% of the time if you don't have a BACHELORS degree. You need a degree to be a secretary right now. You can't even pick up garbage here in NYC without 2 years of college. Hospitals aren't even hiring nursing was their ASN. They're Telling nurses that have their ASN they have a few years to go back and get their BSN, if they haven't been employed over a certain amount of years.

People seem to forget that and honestly, a lot of times sound lazy. Where are most people in their 20's and 30's that only have a hs diploma or their GED? Let's look at those stats

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:29am
^^agree

now if dude wants to make another video 2/3 years from now outlining how he became a successful entrepreneur without a college degree, i'd listen. 

otherwise this is a dangerous philosophy to spread. black folks the average american doesn't have the luxury to forgo formal education in this economy. 

besides, i know lots of rebels whose heads are filled with a bunch of interesting knowledge yet that knowledge is useless because they aint doing a damn thing with it. they just sound smart.

-------------
As a species,human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from.
-Agent Smith

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:30am
I'm in college, but isn't it somethin like 53% of college graduates are jobless?

-------------
So now we got signatures....(4/13/2011)

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:31am
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

The sad thing he and others are missing is that jobs don't even want to talk to u 90% of the time if you don't have a BACHELORS degree. You need a degree to be a secretary right now. You can't even pick up garbage here in NYC without 2 years of college. Hospitals aren't even hiring nursing was their ASN. They're Telling nurses that have their ASN they have a few years to go back and get their BSN, if they haven't been employed over a certain amount of years.

People seem to forget that and honestly, a lot of times sound lazy. Where are most people in their 20's and 30's that only have a hs diploma or their GED? Let's look at those stats

To me it's not right. Not everyone can afford college. Not everyone will succeed in college.

Why are college graduates finding it hard to get a job? Most places don't even care if you have a degree that has anything to do with the job. They just want you to have a degree.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:34am
juniordetective, that's a good point. 

someone else mentioned the importance of learning a trade. in this economy, i think that's the safest most foolproof way to go. 

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:35am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

someone else mentioned the importance of learning a trade. in this economy, i think that's the safest most foolproof way to go. 

That's what I plan on doing, but I'm doing both. My godsister is thinking about doing both as well. She just graduated from cosmetology school.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:36am

because some DID miss the point

if you didnt cool, move along

-------------

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by juniordetective juniordetective wrote:

I'm in college, but isn't it somethin like 53% of college graduates are jobless?

This is why I also say research what you want to take before you take it so ur not in that situation. Things in the medical field will never take a loss bc people are forever getting sick. We came into a recession where people lost jobs but it seems everyone went from going to work to going to the doctor. The doctor's offices are overcrowded now. They went from crowded to overcrowded. Certain professions never take a hit.

Don't go to school for art history. We don't need any more curators.

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:41am

To me it's not right. Not everyone can afford college. Not everyone will succeed in college.

Why are college graduates finding it hard to get a job? Most places don't even care if you have a degree that has anything to do with the job. They just want you to have a degree.

Because they majored in psychology, journalism, history and photography.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:43am

Yes, because ALLLLL of the 53% jobless college graduates majored in those things. -______-

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:45am

Depending on the trade. I see schools now giving Medical Billing and Coding/ Medical Administration degrees. That just used to be a trade. A lot of trades are turning into degrees. I think all kids should learn a trade in hs though, then build on that.

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:49am
Scorpio, i like that idea. 

and piggybacking on sang's post, it is true that people with non-technical degrees are usually amongst those with the highest unemployment rates.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:49am

Yes, because ALLLLL of the 53% jobless college graduates majored in those things. -______-

A lot of them also have entitlement issues an believe their first job should be their dream job and they should be making a certain salary right out of school. Then you have the ones with no job experience at all....then you have the ones that have really low GPAs....then you have the ones that don't want to work. 

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:51am

No, but those are the top degrees that are jobless. People are also afraid to relocate for work. That's something students at my school's open house were told. "Don't be afraid to relocate for work" then the lady that told us that told us a story about Texas. Texas is popping right for work right now

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 10:05am
wish i could watch but im at work

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:02am

A lot of them also have entitlement issues an believe their first job should be their dream job and they should be making a certain salary right out of school. Then you have the ones with no job experience at all....then you have the ones that have really low GPAs....then you have the ones that don't want to work. 

you are so smart when you wanna beLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

north east stand up!!!

that was good..

clearly the point was missed

by whom?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:07am

Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

another thing that irked me w/ the video besides his voice..lol

was the whole contention-
if you are working for someone else-- you aren't really helping yourself-- you are helping building someone else dreams.

ppl need to be realistic-
everyone can't be a damn leader. there needs to be followers..
a whole world filled w/ queen bees.. and no workers is useless. nothing will get done b/c everyone is out there trying to be their own damn boss...w/ no crew.

Why do we need leaders? Why does there always need to be a slave and master? Guess slave mentality hasn't died off.

say what? lol
just because someone is a leader-- doesn't mean the ppl that work below them or for them are slaves.

and like it or not-- we do need leaders.

show me a functioning society that is leaderless.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:08am

you are so smart when you wanna beLOL

Lemme borrow some money.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:08am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

can you motherf ckers STOP mention people that YOU WILL NEVER BE or AT LEAST AREN'T RIGHT NOW (I mean not EVEN on the same track)

there is SO MUCH MORE TO THOSE PEOPLE THAN JUST NOT HAVING A DEGREE

f ck!

but but but

"let me show u the statistics"

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:09am
this thread is hilarious

-------------

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:53am
Meh, Im sure all of this has been said already, but I dont feel like getting dressed, so here it goes:

While I do agree that college isnt the only way to receive education, however I also think his viewpoint promotes a certain amount of naivete. Yes, he, as well as many people in this thread, see the benefits of a college education, but realize that that's not the only way. But there are others who will watch this video, and preach this philosophy, and only walk away with "I dont have to go to college."

Name dropping all of these people didnt do anything either. Everybody isnt a Steve Jobs, Jay-Z or Oprah Winfrey. Everybody that he mentioned "made it" due to the opportunities afforded to them. The people living by these philosophies and citing people like Mark Zuckerberg as examples rarely, if ever, have those same kind of opportunities and connections. 

What he could've and should've used as his statistics were the graduate unemployment rates, the cost of 4+ years at 4-year institutions vs 10months-2 years at trade schools (like cosmetology school or mechanic school), and the employment rates of trade school grads. 

Also, everybody cant be an entrepreneur. Despite the fact that not everyone has the discipline to run their own business, you need people to work for you in order to have your own business!!

Honestly, he sounds like these freshman philosophy or anthro majors who can make good points, but fail at reasoning why they're good points.  

Also...did this dude just say Jesus?Dead

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:48pm
oh okStern Smile

well until your genetically mutated super humans are avail-- leaders are needed

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:49pm
No leaders?
Interestingly impossible.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:29pm
i couldn't finish it all. he really was annoying...not just his voice either. was he homeschooled? is he continuing education thru self learning. I think that is possible actually.

anyway, i do feel there is a great deal of brainwashing going on in college but that's probably another topic...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:31pm
as far as the need for leaders...given the current system, there really isn't any way around it imo.

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:49pm
damn y'all just going in on the brit's accent

but i guess thats how some of you sound to us too

north or south

lol

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:51pm
take overs by the scientific community doesn't really sound all that empowering on an individual level.

no. a complete overhaul to the monetary system would be necessary. i don't see that happening until the whole system collapses if then...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:53pm

north or south

lol

i could deal with his voice actually. overly dramatic men in supposed serious situations annoy me.

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:53pm
Having leaders is just a natural thing. 

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

north or south

lol

i could deal with his voice actually. overly dramatic men in supposed serious situations annoy me.
he is a poet no?

arent they generally overdramatic and unnecessarily emphatic?

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:55pm
oh he is? that explains it then. i generally HATE spoken word performances.

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:57pm

as far as the need for leaders...given the current system, there really isn't any way around it imo.
Always, look forward to the future, look at Karl Marx ideas, look at Socartes ideas, etc. Kings and Queens are pretty much obsolete, empires are pretty much obsolete and what I believe for the future like Karl Marx where everyone would have to pretty much awaken and realize that everyone should be in charge of all the resources and not one person should stand above everyone. I would think a scientific community would take over to be honest. Little by little we should be working for everyone to gain more individual power. I think people fear of having that much responsibility over them, but the freedom should be definitely pursued.

but look at what you listed.
while the types of leadership have changed....
the one thing that remains the same--is that there is leadership.
whether its an empire, a queen, dynasty, governor, president, prime minister....
a leader is a leader is a leader

then you go on to say-- the scientific community would take over...
which means another type of leadership.

many animals are instinctively drawn to have some  sort of organization.
there are queen bees..heads of herds, top of the packs etc.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:59pm

sure is

-------------

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:59pm

Whose fault is it if people choose to go into college to pursue a useless major though???

This isn't the 60's. Going to college to "study what you love" isn't a feasible route for many people anymore. I'm here to study what I like and what I know won't put me in the broke house. What I love (writing/reading/politics) can and always will be a hobby.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:00pm
He was decent looking, and I thought his accent was kinda sexy. Embarrassed 

I agree with the ladies that say that message gets annoying though. It seems like the championed anthem of the lazy. Sorry, that is just the perception.

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:03pm

I don't really care for leaders and never feel compelled to them. Let me hear the idea lets put in place if its sound and call it today. Titles mean nothing to me.

Do you hate your parents?

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:10pm

I don't really look up to them, I give them respect but I do not let them rule over me. In actuality I control them.LOL

You're an adult now.
Pretty sure you weren't telling them what to do at age 13.
And I'm pretty sure your household wasn't a democracy. 

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:15pm
sorry butWacko

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:16pm
well while being self sufficient farmer on an island is ideal for you.

most wouldn't choose that as the way they want to live.

i for damn sure wouldn't.

and there is leadership within a republic.
there is not one main leader...but rather a bunch of leaders that contribute.

so i'm yet to see this place you speak of with no sort of leadership at all.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:23pm
are you working toward running your own sh*t? what steps are you taking to make this a reality?

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:27pm
What about God?

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:28pm
good luck on your endeavors.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:28pm
but why can't you explain it yourself?

my thing is you say leaders aren't needed....and speak of a utopian society made up of a type of government that still has leaders.

then go on to talk about your home life and say-- your parents weren't your leaders..which is confusing..
so I guess...your mom didn't provide for you-- you were busting it open for self at the tender age of 1 day old.
because that in itself is the first type of leader/follower relationship we know.

and then you say  you controlled your mom--- and if this is the case---- weren't you the leader????
again more types of leadership.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:29pm

What about God?
Dead I'm fallen.

People need leaders...and when they don't have real life ones they make up imaginary ones. 

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:33pm
so what do you consider the professor who's helping you with you business ideas? 

that's the entire premise of this thread; the importance of higher learning. you're just splitting hairs

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:33pm
so you are currently saving money???

money created by a society filled w/ leaders to create your own business - where others will possibly seek whatever product you create and turn to you b/c they feel like you are a leader in providing a service that they need.

if people aren't using your business (which you are the leader of) its not a business at all.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:47pm
lol

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:49pm
bless your heart love.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:53pm
i feel there will always be some form of leadership, yes. i took him initially to be referring to the oppressive mindset which assumes leaders should receive more from the system for their efforts...but it seems he is on something else...lol

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Depending on the trade. I see schools now giving Medical Billing and Coding/ Medical Administration degrees. That just used to be a trade. A lot of trades are turning into degrees. I think all kids should learn a trade in hs though, then build on that.

it's funny I was just speaking on this yesterday or the day before.   It seems today u are better off learning a trade if u don't have the mathematical smarts for STEM related positions.  If anything it seems like u can at least hustle to get work if u know a trade.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:04pm

you know what is cool

high schools that give the opportunity to graduate with a trade cert

awesome

this is great. my HS did this...

and even my friends who didn't go on to college --- still have very good careers
as medical assistants
dental assistants
lpns
dental lab techs
and now they have emts classes.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:05pm

bless your heart love.

Ermm

unbless your heart?

-------------

My HS did that.
I wish I would have done it lowkey.

your brain gone pop, sir.

-------------
-Agent Smith

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:07pm
yeah we have vocational hs's here. back in the day you could graduate with a trade. not sure about now...

-------------

dacoldesteva

meh...

-------------

i had auto shop in hs...lol

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:08pm
I had Wood Shop and I loved it.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:09pm
not by me newdiva.

i encourage all youngsters to have both if possible. i like having options...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

i took metal shop for my other. we had to take 2...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:11pm
newdiva...say it w/ ya chest!

disparaged in what light? and by whom.

i think ppl need to get in where they fit in.
if being a leader is for you--- aim for that.

if being a trade worker is for you--- aim for that.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:20pm
@TC....I know not by u mailto:TC..@NYC" rel="nofollow">TC..LOL
@NYC ...not directly.  It's the kinda things people say during other conversations. let's say....a man/woman is a construction worker, or a person is a cosmetologist or maybe even went to one of those schools advertised during the day.  Most get's no respect unless it's learned that these types of folks owns their own business.  Tho it's being said and acknowledged here not everyone has a mind for business for the sake of the argument being presented in this thread.

Most in here are saying u need worker bees but in any other thread worker bees are shaded and disparaged.

IMO.

i hope that made sense...I couldn't quite get my thoughts together.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:25pm

Metal shop?  that's hot.  Were u chillin like Alex (flashdance reference) LOLI wanted to take welding but that filled up quickly.  I ended up taking art....which my fams say I should have went for in the first place.

My cousin still encourages me to go to art school....but....like most are saying.  Not in this economy. *shrugs* 

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:26pm
@Samone.  Yeah...I edited.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into it this evening.Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:28pm

Metal shop?  that's hot.  Were u chillin like Alex (flashdance reference) LOLI wanted to take welding but that filled up quickly.  I ended up taking art....which my fams say I should have went for in the first place.

My cousin still encourages me to go to art school....but....like most are saying.  Not in this economy. *shrugs* 

it was ok...our class project was to make a vice. my dad still has the one i made.

i had to take welding in college actually...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:33pm

I wish I was allowed to get my cosmetology license...oh well
I can still do that now

any way, more hs should do this....everyone will not and cannot go to college....let's be realistic and offer them another way to make a living

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:36pm
everybody wanted to get my cosmetology license and a degree.
my mom was dead set against it.
she does not believe hair/makeup are reputable fields.
doing hair kept me more than paid in college and allowed me to pay for my dorm room etc. doing hair is paying quite a few bills for me today as well.
some folks are just militant when it comes to trades.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 4:49pm
lol Samone.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:29pm
i loooooooooooved it 

Print Page | Close Window