Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351651
Printed Date: Nov 17 2017 at 11:19pm

Topic: Kenya Moores Hair
Posted By: chidiva79
Subject: Kenya Moores Hair
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:44pm
Hi Ladies....so after watching RHW of Atlanta a few times..I can't figure out if Kenya is wearing a closure or if she has some  of her hair left out. I HATE her color...too orange and patchy looking IMO but I like how full her sew in looks and during her one on interview, I like her side bang. What do you ladies think? It also looks like it could be light yaki or even maybe yaki???

Replies:
Posted By: Tanzi2001
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:09pm
She did an interview on Wendy where she made the point of saying her hair was all hers. She invited Wendy to run her fingers through it. Wendy did and said it was hers.

-------------
It all began in 1908

Posted By: Ashxoxo
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 11:01pm
Yeah I believe it's all hers now after watching Wendy even though at first i thought she had one or two tracks up in there. As for the color, I hate that orange there's no uniformity.

-------------
Never a flaw.
Never before have you seen such magnificence in a Black princess.

Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:33am
Her hair is ok...the color is ugly to me and her attitude makes her even uglier! JMHO
SN: I find myself screaming at the TV everytime she speaks!DeadLOLLOL

-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~

Posted By: halocjay
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:43am
I'm not buying it. Maybe the length is hers but you can so tell from the pics above and from watching the show she has pieces or something. I'm not saying I don't buy it because it looks to good to be real, it just looks very unnatural. Surprised some of you ladies have fell for it.

Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:50am

yea it looks like a wig to me...way to bulky to be her natural hair..no baby hairs no edges or anything just BAM big bulky hair LOL

-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~

Posted By: SassyShani
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:24am
It's hers! She has always had long thick hair. We use to hang in the same crowd years ago

Out of all the bsl/wl ladies on this board alone is proof black girls can grow long hair

-------------
Natural 2/2011-transitioning
BC 12/31/2011-NL
APL 1/1/2013
Goal BSL 6/2013

http://public.fotki.com/shanisosassy/

Posted By: miamiu27
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:46am
I have to agree I think it is hers. I think sometimes she has clip in's in the back when it is curled. But that is her hair.

-------------
I don't have time to complain. Take off your bedroom slippers put on your marching shoes! Shake it off, Stop complaining, Stop grumbling, Stop Crying and We are gonna Press On, We got Work to Do!!

Posted By: rossanew
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:04am
The first pic looks like hers but the second definitely has extensions

-------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. Nelson Mandela

Posted By: laredbaby
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 9:06am
I think she may add a couple of pieces in the back to make it a little fuller... nothing wrong with that

lol I thought I was the only person who noticed how choppy her color looks.. I hardly pay attention to what she says on the show Im to distracted by her awful hair coloring. lol & she supposed to be "famous" LOL

Posted By: DivaMelody
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 10:09am
I agree it is her hair, sad to think she has had to actually attempt to prove it but she has aaaalways had long hair and she has been around for a long time and her hair has always been around the same length and thickness,even before weaves became the supposed norm for women.

Posted By: ms.blue
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 10:22am
I never questioned that being her hair because she always had that type of hair but her attitude just stinks

-------------
Only real women can support/compliment another without feeling some type of insecurity--Jay H.

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:27pm
It's hers but the color is awful.Dead Khandi's color usually sucks too. I think they're dyeing their own hair. LOL

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

Her hair is ok...the color is ugly to me and her attitude makes her even uglier! JMHO
SN: I find myself screaming at the TV everytime she speaks!DeadLOLLOL
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Forgive me, but I can't stand her!Dead

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:14pm
I think it's all hers. She's always been pretty open about her hair, but I do think she uses pieces sometimes, because the length varies during the show.

Posted By: rredict
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:15pm

Since she is famous and has money, she could get her hair at least professionally colored.

Posted By: Kami612
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

I think it's all hers. She's always been pretty open about her hair, but I do think she uses pieces sometimes, because the length varies during the show.

IA.
In some pics her hair is the same length when its straight as when its curled.
If I put barrel curls in my 24 inch hair its not going to hit me at the same spot when its flat ironed straight. IMO Fuller hair looks better on TV & photo shoots. But overall shes usually wearing her own hair.

-------------

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by rredict rredict wrote:

Since she is famous and has money, she could get her hair at least professionally colored.

Yeah it's a little patchy

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:28pm
That colour is way too close to her skin colour for me to like it. 

Posted By: tmrockville
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 5:05pm
Wow guess I'm the only person who kind of likes the color.  I like it for her complexion Ermm
Anyways I was trying to think back and thought I remembered that it was all her hair.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by halocjay halocjay wrote:

I'm not buying it. Maybe the length is hers but you can so tell from the pics above and from watching the show she has pieces or something. I'm not saying I don't buy it because it looks to good to be real, it just looks very unnatural. Surprised some of you ladies have fell for it.

y cuz she is dark skinConfused y didn't u make a thread about draya's hair not being all hers, foh with ur foolish ashSleepy

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: NoleLady12
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by tmrockville tmrockville wrote:

Wow guess I'm the only person who kind of likes the color.  I like it for her complexion Ermm
Anyways I was trying to think back and thought I remembered that it was all her hair.
I like the color too... don't shoot me y'all!

Posted By: Jones22
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:33pm
I like it too, it fits her IMO

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:42pm
The color is awful.  She may be adding clips for volume but I view hair as an accessory. 

-------------
What is your "BRAND"?
Leptin Reset and CT = BanginBody.com
www.jackkruse.com

Posted By: JaZ__ZE_
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:48pm
I LOVE Porsha's hair. I thought It was her hair until I saw on IG that she was shouting out her stylist for the most natural sew-in. But her hair is definitely on point I wonder what texture she has. Kenya Moore's hair

Posted By: NoleLady12
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 12:52pm
Yes I love Porsha's hair too.

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 3:28pm
First pic possibly hers. Hate the dye job.

Second pic extensions. Love the coloring. Clap

-------------
Couldn't go very long w/o a puppy Avi! <3

Wags NC. Full p0rn when I finally install to my satisfaction.

Posted By: Tanzi2001
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 5:18pm
A nasty attitude makes the most beautiful (by society's standards) look bad. I feel that Kenya is very insecure and has to put others down to feel good about herself.   She made sure to hurry up and check Wendy about the comments she made about her skin. I also think she does her own color

-------------
It all began in 1908

Posted By: halocjay
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

y cuz she is dark skinConfused y didn't u make a thread about draya's hair not being all hers, foh with ur foolish ashSleepy

Lhh but ahhhhh no honey. I'm not basic minded so my mind doesnt think that way and guess what??? I AINT BUYING IT LIKE I SAID. I'm not over here mezmerized by her length or thickness no shade but that's something im use to seeing. To me it's obvious she wears pieces more often than not, maybe she took them out for wendy who knows. I'm one of the few people that actually likes Kenya but  I have my opinion so you can miss me with the whole cuz she dark skin mess. And why didnt you make a thread about miss kenya booty being real??? Because i guess that's real also. girl bye

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 9:34pm
With that body, I know she use pieces.  black, white indian.... its hard to have body like that with curls  without weave 

Posted By: kinkycurlygirl28
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 1:25pm
why does it matter???? whatever it is it looks good

-------------
"Keep it cute or put it on mute" Tiara

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Super22Star Super22Star wrote:

yea it looks like a wig to me...way to bulky to be her natural hair..no baby hairs no edges or anything just BAM big bulky hair LOL

ConfusedI dont have Baby hairs. just Bam my hairline starts

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 7:42pm
I know someone that dated her in HS at Cass Tech. Most of that is hers.

Those contacts/greeneyes are a different story.Stern Smile

-------------

Posted By: Bristal Birita
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:03am
Looks good to me

Posted By: tmrockville
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I know someone that dated her in HS at Cass Tech. Most of that is hers.

Those contacts/greeneyes are a different story.Stern Smile
Yeah I was wondering about the eye color.  I can't believe she said Gone with the Wind fabulous Confused

Posted By: DarkestBeauty
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:54pm

THHHAAAANNNKKK YOOUUUUU!!!! You are on point with people's real intentions lol that's what y'all mean this black ass chic cant have hair this long taking about baby hair lmao no everyone with long hair has to have baby hair. Black women truly hate each other and themselves it's sad. Personally I dont like her attitude but that is her hair it's just thick and if she adds pieces thats fine too if the majority is hers. Light skin women are not the only women that can grow long hair out of their scalps. UUGGGHHHHAngry

Posted By: DarkestBeauty
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 1:03pm
Yeah good question why Draya's hair wasn't questioned oh yeah she's mixed duh they automatically have long hair NOT her hair is extremely damaged with that coloring and I'm surprised there's not a thread for Brooke's hair since she's dark skin and her hair is long oh yeah she got a lil bit of baby hair in the front so she gets a pass too huh.

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 4:46pm
draya hair is short though

Posted By: kandyse1988
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:08pm
I don't think she meant anything by her being dark or light skin, and as far as the draya comparison we know that it's not all hers, Brooke is dark skin as well and that's her hair so I don't think she was making an emphasis on that.. And she clearly said that she believes the length is hers but not all the hair is hers and I can agree basing my OPINION on the first picture it's looks like its all hers the second picture not so much it looks like she probably added some pieces just for extra fullness that all, many ppl have long hair and they add like two or three clips just for added fullness

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:14pm

I guess I must have missed the part where she mentioned something about skin color... Because all I seen that she said is that she doesn't believe it because its looks unnatural, but she believes the length is hers is.. I'm waiting to see where she mentioned because she dark skin I'm not buying it

Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by DarkestBeauty DarkestBeauty wrote:

Yeah good question why Draya's hair wasn't questioned oh yeah she's mixed duh they automatically have long hair NOT her hair is extremely damaged with that coloring and I'm surprised there's not a thread for Brooke's hair since she's dark skin and her hair is long oh yeah she got a lil bit of baby hair in the front so she gets a pass too huh.

They do have a thread read it about three weeks ago.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:06am

-------------

Posted By: Veemack
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:30am
Ladies have looked at weave for so  long that they question any hairline that does not look right. And there must be clip ins or something. She has always had long pretty hair. Personally I know at least two women whose hair looks like a lot of the lace front wigs you see, not all part their hair down to the scalp. Not every hairline will look as you expect that does not mean it is a weave.

-------------
I am a happy positive God fearing sister, this is why I can show my face. Freely I speak irl, so I do not need to get on the net to vent. I love positivity. Don't be mad nor confused about that.

Posted By: BlackstarBlue
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:45am
Originally posted by chidiva79 chidiva79 wrote:

Hi Ladies....so after watching RHW of Atlanta a few times..I can't figure out if Kenya is wearing a closure or if she has some  of her hair left out. I HATE her color...too orange and patchy looking IMO but I like how full her sew in looks and during her one on interview, I like her side bang. What do you ladies think? It also looks like it could be light yaki or even maybe yaki???

This picture is obviously weave/pieces come on now.

-------------
Your Cat has Aids-AlabamaKinks
Have respect for an old west indian negro- darcus howe
“All you want to do is take cocaine with your new white friends” -Netsayi
None of my clients have hair- shawnda D

Posted By: lilmamabenz
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:15am
Kenya is gorgeous, I think that she has always had all that hair, now those eyes maybe a different story. 

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:28am
I can't even believe the eye's situation. I was all up in her face when I say her and those eyes are real. I didnt see the color shift like you see when people wear contacts. Nah i'm sticking to the story of those being her real eyes. Goes to google to find more pics.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: butterfly_2957
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 2:53pm
The bigger question is who cares and why is she relevant..IJS We all wear weave so what's the big deal that this thread is 5 pages long.....

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I can't even believe the eye's situation. I was all up in her face when I say her and those eyes are real. I didnt see the color shift like you see when people wear contacts. Nah i'm sticking to the story of those being her real eyes. Goes to google to find more pics.
My contacts don't shift.LOL WackoStern SmileWackoLOLThey are prescription and toric lenses.  LOL.... The older picture clearly shows darker eyes.  I've worn colored contacts waayyyyy longer than I've worn weaves.  I approve of both.  LOL

-------------
What is your "BRAND"?
Leptin Reset and CT = BanginBody.com
www.jackkruse.com

Posted By: rredict
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 3:41pm

That a weave / hair pieces & contact lens. No biggy.

Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 4:36pm
The contacts are painfully obvious. LOL They always are to ME.
I guess everyone has different perception levels. some ppl think the BSS Lace Fronts look real, soooooo.

-------------

Posted By: meanie23
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:44pm
In some of the scenes it's clear she has very little extensions if any based on the flatness and styling of her hair.  Others, you can tell she has some in the back for fullness/length.

I like the choppy color!   It's grown on meEmbarrassed

Posted By: butterfly3582
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by BlackstarBlue BlackstarBlue wrote:

Originally posted by chidiva79 chidiva79 wrote:

This picture is obviously weave/pieces come on now.

Right. 

On wendy she may not have had tracks.  Here she does.  Plus even if she put a few pieces in for fullnes or length....it is still not all hers all the time.

Partial sew in, full sew in, fusion, clip ins, lace fronts, braid extensions....it is not all your hair.

Posted By: CreatingALegacy
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 9:33am
Originally posted by meanie23 meanie23 wrote:

In some of the scenes it's clear she has very little extensions if any based on the flatness and styling of her hair.  Others, you can tell she has some in the back for fullness/length.

The choppy color grew on me too, haha.

Her contacts I don't mind at all, they look odd but they look natural in contrast with some of the colored contacts I see women walking around wearing.

-------------
"Love Conquers All"

Posted By: Unladylikediva
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:18am
Originally posted by missyo67 missyo67 wrote:

My contacts don't shift.LOL WackoStern SmileWackoLOLThey are prescription and toric lenses.  LOL.... The older picture clearly shows darker eyes.  I've worn colored contacts waayyyyy longer than I've worn weaves.  I approve of both.  LOL
^^^This 1000000% I wore green & gray for years and they never shifted Stern Smile

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by CreatingALegacy CreatingALegacy wrote:

Her contacts I don't mind at all, they look odd but they look natural in contrast with some of the colored contacts I see women walking around wearing.

Ya I like the color of her hair. Any deets on how to achieve that?

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: CreatingALegacy
Date Posted: Dec 20 2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

Originally posted by CreatingALegacy CreatingALegacy wrote:

Ya I like the color of her hair. Any deets on how to achieve that?

In the episode where Kim left the show and they met about the trip, Kenya's hair was pulled up and it seems like all of the color is really only in the top of her hair but the roots are black where her hair has grown out. It's not all over, I'd assume it isn't at least.

Solotica NC Mels are the contact lenses that Kenya is wearing.

-------------
"Love Conquers All"

Posted By: Bristal Birita
Date Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 4:00am
Confused

Posted By: carladp1
Date Posted: Apr 11 2013 at 7:47pm
Kenya Moore DOES wear extensions or clip-ons or something. Come on people - you can't possibly believe that all that Lady Godiva long hair is all hers. It's not possible for her to have hair that long and thick, especially at her age. As you age, your hair starts thinning. She is a liar. I do believe that she has some nice length to her hair, as demonstrated on Wendy Williams, but all that Lady Godiva hair has some pieces, extensions, clip-ons, something in there. During her confessionals with that long, wavy, side pony, that's a piece. So wake up everybody. Just fess up, Kenya. Everybody wears something.

Posted By: Amillion
Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 10:01am
I think Kenya uses clip in extensions for volume and fullness

Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 9:13pm
I agree - clip-ins for volume, fullness and length.

Date Posted: Apr 12 2013 at 9:15pm
So true. Come on, people. She does have some length and fullness, but sometimes she has a lot/too much length and fullness, so you know she has some clip-ins, extensions, etc. in there.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 7:38pm
She has a ton of REAL hair and thoes are her REAL Eye color- everyone knows another black person with light eyes dont they? It happens~ and I agree she sometimes wears extra hair like everyone else IN THE WORLD AND ON TV BUT SHE ALSO HAS A LOT OF REAL HAIR LIKE OPRAH

Date Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 7:47pm
Chile the woman wears contacts.

Posted By: Foxcme519
Date Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 8:16pm
Amen. Way too much concern about thickness and length. She has had the same fullness for years, Color is a different subject. Kenya is a drama queen, beautiful black women, and I love her!!!

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 12:41am
I definitely believe that her hair really is that length. Maybe she does add some pieces for fullness in some shots (confessionals vs the real life shots on the show) but I do believe that the majority of the shots is actually her hair.

But someone mentioned how her lack of baby hairs = must be fake. With the exception of near my sideburns, I don't have a lot of short baby hairs, and I don't run around using edge cream/wax to make my edges lay down. So, even though my hair isn't as long as Kenya's...when I wear my hair straight, one could make the same claim that "this isn't all her's".

Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 3:14am

Chile the woman wears contacts.

nvm

Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 3:15am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

She has a ton of REAL hair and thoes are her REAL Eye color- everyone knows another black person with light eyes dont they? It happens~ and I agree she sometimes wears extra hair like everyone else IN THE WORLD AND ON TV BUT SHE ALSO HAS A LOT OF REAL HAIR LIKE OPRAH

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 5:52am
Originally posted by carladp1 carladp1 wrote:

Kenya Moore DOES wear extensions or clip-ons or something. Come on people - you can't possibly believe that all that Lady Godiva long hair is all hers. It's not possible for her to have hair that long and thick, especially at her age. As you age, your hair starts thinning. She is a liar. I do believe that she has some nice length to her hair, as demonstrated on Wendy Williams, but all that Lady Godiva hair has some pieces, extensions, clip-ons, something in there. During her confessionals with that long, wavy, side pony, that's a piece. So wake up everybody. Just fess up, Kenya. Everybody wears something.

How old do you think she is?  100?  My grandma's hair was super thick right on up until the day she died and she has always been able to grow it out long.

I believe that is Kenya's real hair.

Posted By: MzCaliky
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 6:57am
Only Black Women.........This thread is sad. 

Posted By: SinCityKitty
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 9:51am
I could be wrong... but "I" think Kenya does wear weaves with closures pushed far back behind her hairline "sometimes". If you are familiar with weaves with closure behind the hair line and you know about the line of demarcation and the difference in scalp color then you know exactly what Im talking about. Look closely at her part and you will see that her scalp is lighter towards the back. Yes I know that she was on Wendy Williams and Wendy felt in her head but I trust Wendy as far as I can throw her. Now don't get me wrong I do believe that her hair is long, full, and she wears clip ins just for volume... but think about it.... we never see her hair in its natural state. So she is constantly putting heat on her hair, not only that but she bleaches her hair too. So I assume she wears weaves every now and then to give her hair a break. If she didn't I doubt her hair would be very healthy looking. Now with that being said this is just my opinion. 

Posted By: SelfMadeDiva12
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 10:22am
She did wear her natural hair on the show before with no heat styling. It looked to be all hers.

Posted By: lalaLeslie
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 2:28pm
I don't think the second picture is all hers (not even sure about the first). She does have naturally long and thick hair but not that full. Almost everyone w/ hair that full has extensions no matter who they are. I went to see the clip when she goes to Wendy Williams show w/ her real hair and it's curled and not as full as the second pic, so she does have long thick hair, but she does wear clip ins sometimes. I also don't like her hair color. (Btw, I don't watch this show, so I'm going off the pics in the 1st post and the wendy williams clip)

Posted By: cutescorpio
Date Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Tanzi2001 Tanzi2001 wrote:

She did an interview on Wendy where she made the point of saying her hair was all hers. She invited Wendy to run her fingers through it. Wendy did and said it was hers.

Posted By: desire-moi
Date Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 7:11pm
I think its her real hair with clip ins sometimes....of and I hate that color to way to orange she needs to go and get it toned.

Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 8:52am
According to someone that knows her personally, that is her hair. clip ins added on occasion. The eye color is better quality contacts..

Date Posted: Apr 17 2013 at 12:46pm
Really ladies, what do it matter if its all hers or not. Not every back women loss hair as they age. Depending on your family history . As far as extent ions are concerned most women in the public eye are forced to look a certain way. If wearing extent ion is the fab for now so be it. Wear ur hair as short or as long as u like.

Posted By: SinCityKitty
Date Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Foxcme519 Foxcme519 wrote:

Really ladies, what do it matter if its all hers or not. Not every back women loss hair as they age. Depending on your family history . As far as extent ions are concerned most women in the public eye are forced to look a certain way. If wearing extent ion is the fab for now so be it. Wear ur hair as short or as long as u like.

With this being a HAIR forum and all I don't see whats wrong with asking if it is her real hair or not. When I wear my natural hair in its natural state I am asked on a daily basis about my hair (mainly white men ask me about it which is weird but anyways) I don't mind. The OP didn't seem like she was hating or anything she simply didn't know if it was hers or not. 

Posted By: chidiva79
Date Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by SinCityKitty SinCityKitty wrote:

Originally posted by Foxcme519 Foxcme519 wrote:

With this being a HAIR forum and all I don't see whats wrong with asking if it is her real hair or not. When I wear my natural hair in its natural state I am asked on a daily basis about my hair (mainly white men ask me about it which is weird but anyways) I don't mind. The OP didn't seem like she was hating or anything she simply didn't know if it was hers or not. 
IA! actually I'm the original poster and I was just curious as I wanted to try to duplicate her style. It was no shade to her at all LOLSmileBig smile

Date Posted: Apr 20 2013 at 11:53pm
For the most part white men or most men for that matter are not if our hair is our natural hair or weave until they try to run their finger through it and they get caught up.

Posted By: MinnieMe
Date Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 5:49am
It is her hair. She has had long hair for years---that's her crowning glory. I think they put that makeup there intentionally...

And I think she adds clip ins from time to time...its obvious

Date Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 11:48pm
LOL Those are her real eyes I met her years ago at  a hair show in ATL! Why don't we think  those are her eyes that is so Weird to me. There are plenty of Black women walking around with natural various shades of gray, brown, and hazel eyes! granted many of us have brown eyes but the Brown is not all the same there are so many different shades of brown eyes!

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 11:47am

LOL Those are her real eyes I met her years ago at  a hair show in ATL! Why don't we think  those are her eyes that is so Weird to me. There are plenty of Black women walking around with natural various shades of gray, brown, and hazel eyes! granted many of us have brown eyes but the Brown is not all the same there are so many different shades of brown eyes!

We all know that black people have various shades of eye color. LOL
Some of us can clearly see Kenya wears contacts, even if they're not the Beauty Supply Store cheap ones.
They are a better quality, but they are indeed contacts.
I have seen pics of her from high school, she dated someone that I personally know.
If you watch the reunion, Porsha even said something about her contacts. Kenya did not dispute her. no one accused her of having fake hair, because her hair isn't weave.
You are free to believe that they're not, some people can't tell that the cheapo BSS ones hood chics wear are contacts, just like some people can't tell that a BSS plastic lace front that is blatantly obvious to most, is indeed a wig.

She wears colored contacts.

Google a pic of Regina King's eyes. Or Jada Pinkett. Or Stacy Dash. or any other Black celeb with light colored eyes.

Now look at Kenya's.. You seriously can't see a difference?

Again, I'm not arguing with you. Just know that there are several brands of more realistic contacts out there, just like Beyonce, Ciara and Tyra Banks wear the best realistic lacefronts. To "regular" ppl, they can't tell. But some of us can.

Date Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 11:58am
http://www.city-data.com/forum/asia/1774195-could-these-people-blend-southern-china-33.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.city-data.com/forum/asia/1774195-could-these-people-blend-southern-china-33.html
look at the 1st pic.

Look at the pic of Regina King..

http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/King,_Regina/gallery/KSR-016114/" rel="nofollow - http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/King,_Regina/gallery/KSR-016114/

If you don't see the difference.. I digress.

Posted By: Unique Monique
Date Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 10:11pm
It is all her real hair. She was at a BB hair show and was nice enough to let my friend run her fingers in her hair. It is all hers.

Posted By: chill67
Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 2:54pm
I think the color looks patchy (but not bad in my opinion) because of the new growth.

Date Posted: May 03 2013 at 3:01pm

Babes she wears the good contacts. I've seen her in person also. Check out her miss America pics or when she used to model back in the day. She has regular dark brown eyes.

Posted By: Lovelace1stNGrand
Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 8:04pm

Porcha(Ermm??) did mention her not wearing her real hair all the time. I think it’s real, but I'm just speculating like everybody else.

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

She wears colored contacts.

Google a pic of Regina King's eyes. Or Jada Pinkett. Or Stacy Dash. or any other Black celeb with light colored eyes.

Now look at Kenya's.. You seriously can't see a difference?

As I said this lady was close enough to breath on me and thoes are her real color eyes.... unless they are Implants that she has been wearing since 1993  As far as light I wouldnt call them light eyes they are lighter than darkbrown but not as light as jada's bowbow's or regina kings they are all diffrent colors. Kenyas eyes are more of like a grey/hazel not green or light brown! Its really amazing that we as black women are debating this I know most of you know Black people with darkbrown skin with LONG REAL HAIR and also thoes with eye colors other than "chestnut brown"

Posted By: NYCWeaveGirl
Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 9:50pm
Hey Ladies,
Any one in the NYC area that needs to install a weave notify me. I call do a full head, Lace closures, Coloring, Side bangs, Front bangs.. and etc. If anyone one is interested please notify me. THANK YOU Tongue

Posted By: babycakebabe
Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 10:16pm
i know 'colorblends' when i see them. i notice that a lot of people that wear them have been faithfully wearing them since the early 1990s lol.

Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 10:23pm

http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Black_Detroit_Models-Kenya_Moore_2.jpg.jpeg" rel="nofollow">  Real!

fake!

do you know that people think Tyra's eyes are FAKE lol!

Posted By: babycakebabe
Date Posted: May 10 2013 at 10:41pm
maybe i will start rocking my solotica again for the summer lol

Date Posted: May 13 2013 at 3:25pm
*sigh*
Like insisting Monopoly money looks the same as real money. lol That's how ridiculous this is.

Posted By: realworld000
Date Posted: May 24 2013 at 7:14am
I agree that she may use some pieces....especially when they went on vacation and on the boat it look liked she added some pieces in the back...Kenya has always had long hair....

Posted By: Londongurl26
Date Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 4:52am

Posted By: Londongurl26
Date Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 4:54am
She has lighter brown eyes but wears green/grey contacts too

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jan 11 2015 at 4:57pm
Anyone know how to achieve the color of her highlights?
PLEASE HELP, my mom really wants this.
I'm thinking I wont need to use bleach...
I've done highlights for my mom but using that loreal frosting kit, that is too light/blondish for the season

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 11 2015 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I've done highlights for my mom but using that loreal frosting kit, that is too light/blondish for the season

I hope you are not talking about when its looks like that brassy orange that need a toner and a hugShocked, sometimes its okay and then other times its like hunty no.

Do not do this to your real hair, it will be damaged. Let a colorist (professional) do it. Youtube need to be stopped with all of this 40 vol developer and bleach packets having girls looking a over processed , dry, need a deep condition mess.

Dont be that girl, with bleached hair that look like a home job. I like you Bribby

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jan 12 2015 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

I hope you are not talking about when its looks like that brassy orange that need a toner and a hugShocked, sometimes its okay and then other times its like hunty no.

Do not do this to your real hair, it will be damaged. Let a colorist (professional) do it. Youtube need to be stopped with all of this 40 vol developer and bleach packets having girls looking a over processed , dry, need a deep condition mess.

Dont be that girl, with bleached hair that look like a home job. I like you Bribby

Thank you PG, I had a feeling you didn't NOT like me, which is always great! I like you too!

It's for my mom, and she has a full head weave in...
She likes the color lol she doesn't really care about that, she just be wanting a certain something she sees you know?

Lol so if it were on like a 1b or supposedly natural virgin indian hair... 
Would you be able to help me?

She used to go to Paul Mitchell to get her weave colored

I've finally talked her out of relaxers and hair color, she doesn't do the relaxers but she does color her hair around the edges when it comes out of the weave, but as I was doing her hair, she has a head full of gray hair now so I know when she takes that weave out she's going to put that color right on there, she uses Matrix for her real hair though.

But I'm thinking for this Kenya color for her weave, cause shes like she doesn't care what she does to the weave now, she wants to "experiment" lol

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jan 12 2015 at 12:12pm
Let me go find the toner that the colorist that dyes my hair uses, it will take away the brassiness after you bleach it. If its actual virgin hair you should be able to use Loreal Hi Lift versus bleach which just strips the hair and less damaging. 

LOL@ you thinking I didnt like you. You can tell when I don't like someone , I don't give real answers I say things like Gurrlll and then a Confused, or a get yo life and exit the thread. 

Print Page | Close Window