Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351644
Printed Date: Dec 10 2017 at 7:26pm

Topic: what would you do ?
Posted By: PRnena
Subject: what would you do ?
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:32pm
I feel like something is up. I did a clients hair for $200. I braided extra tight (aka tighter than usual) . And double sewed the wetfs down. Prior to that I did a mild texturizer and a color (rinse). She was suppose to pay me 220. But I let her slide and only pay 200$ I told her within the next 24 hours if she doesn't like it or there is an error I will fix it for free. Anytime after that I would charge 25$ to tighten them before she went back to her home (she's from europe) .. So after I'm done I ask her if everything was ok and felt secure. She said yes. So I was like cool. Ok. That was friday

Flash forward to today. Apparently she came to my job (I wasn't there). And told my coworker that the install was falling apart and she is more than upset. My manager asked to see what she was talking about but she only wanted to talk to me. My manager said her hair looked fine. Just dry. Which wassnt my fault. She got some curly hair from NY. So I get her emails and emailed her back saying I would do it for free even though its past the 24 hour period because I wanted her to be satisfied. Mind u when I was doing her hair she kept practicing unhealthy hair practices (pulling too tight. Combing from the root. Ect). My gut feeling was she fcked up her weave and wanted a fix. But I wasn't gunna btcch. Just do it so she will stfu. So I asked for photos and what time she wanted me to do it. She said that she found someone who did it for 25 and they said the braids were too big. (Lies. I braided in small circular cornrows on this install. I only do larger braids on uparts). And that it was falling out in 5 spots. She said even though she got it fixed she feels like I should give her some money back. I don't feel comfy doing that because she doesn't have any evidence.

I also texted my past clients asking how their installs were doing and they said they were holdin up well with minor wear and tear that was on their part. (Not sleeping with a scarf. Brushing too hard. Ect). So this one lady is the only one with an issue and no cot dang pix. U can ask CocoToPrissy. I don't sew loose. How come I'm doing ur install tighter than mine but ur the one with issues ?

What should I do. Smh

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)

Replies:
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:39pm
She said there's 5 weft pieces sticking out. But I only cut the weft twice. . And I double knotted where I folded the weft over. I can't with the hair game smh. These heaux to desperate

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:44pm
Tell her hell to the naw (profesionally of course ). Just tell her you don't offer refunds, and you were already willing to go above and beyond by fixing her hair beyond the 24 hour mark you agreed upon.

Sounds to me like she's just running low on money, and needs some back from you. If everything was on the up and up, she should have gladly showed you proof of your mistakes. It's just too convenient.

PR, you might wanna stick to your trusted regulars. Your new clients always on some other ish lol.

Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:49pm
That's how I feel. She only gunna be here 1 more week. At first she was only trying to give m 150. I had to pull up our old emails. Lol. Smh. Then types multiple angry emails yelling at me without giving me more than 5 hours to respond. No maam. Thanks for ur biz. Peace out

-------------

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:49pm
IA with the above. sounds real shady...keep copies of your emails and texts just in case she tries to blast you online.

Posted By: CrownRhoyale
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:53pm
Girl, ignore her and move on. You know u didn't do anything wrong...

She's not a good customer and it's in your best interest to let her go. Save those discounts for someone whose not going to give you the runaround. 

Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 7:54pm
Lol. I booked one of my original clients for the weekend based off texting if everything was ok. And my other client is going on month 2. Same install. And she just rescheduled for the following weekend. Its not fair for me. I'm tired of these scamming hoes. Forreal. Smh.

-------------

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:28pm
PR
in business you have to protect yourself 
when i do something for someone i make sure to document everything 

once u finish braiding(especially with new clients) take a picture of that braiding pattern
when you sew the first track take another photo and when you finish sewing take another photo.

people will be quick to try to scheme on you if they think they can get something from you and by u being so young people will always think you're naive (trust me i know) 

i had a chick scam me for a closure and that's why i video all the packages that i send out now 
these heauxs wont get me againLOL

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: CrownRhoyale
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

PR

once u finish braiding(especially with new clients) take a picture of that braiding pattern
when you sew the first track take another photo and when you finish sewing take another photo.

people will be quick to try to scheme on you if they think they can get something from you and by u being so young people will always think you're naive (trust me i know) 

i had a chick scam me for a closure and that's why i video all the packages that i send out now 

Dam, it sucks that you gotta do all of this...

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:34pm
I would stop all contact with her scamming butt . I bet she had no idea how to even care for a install . To come to your job, speaks loud and clear the heffa knew she could not afford the install . SMH

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by CrownRhoyale CrownRhoyale wrote:

Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

PR

Dam, it sucks that you gotta do all of this...

i know 
but sh*t u gotta do what u gotta do 
and remember if u dont feel comfortable all money aint good money

-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X

Posted By: Tanzi2001
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:21pm
She had her chance to use her free pass and didn't use it. Too bad for her. She seems sheisty and is not worth your time and effort.

-------------
It all began in 1908

Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:24pm
Ugh. Smh. I'm so upset. But I'll get over it. I'll just wait the rest of the week out. She's from sweden so yeah. I've done sooo many other ppls hair with no issue. I was with her every step of the way. Always available thru email. Helped her pick out color and everything. So ready for this to be over with

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:25pm
Most stylists don't even do free passes. But I understand that no one is perfect and mistakes can happen. That's why I offer it. I don't even have to. I told her how btches be tryna abuse it too. Smh. I'm too nice

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:27pm
Wow @ IGS. That's too much. I'll take the $$$ loss. Eff it. I was just trying to make extra $$$ for gifts and ish. Eff that.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:50am
She said she doesn't have pics but she went to this place that's the equivalent of supercuts and they fixed it. And that 2 of the tracks were totally off the braid. More lies. Unless she damaged her own sewin doing baby jesus knows what. She gave me the stylists name. But I don't even want to bother calling. U went to supercuts to fix your hair and this "stylist" gave you all tips ect. Does supercuts and other chains even do weaves ?

-------------

Posted By: Super22Star
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:59am
You gave her clear cut instructions on what to do if she had an issue with her install. She forfeited any right she had to a refund by letting someone else "fix" the problem. Politely tell her no and maybe offer her a discount on a future install...retail stores and restaurants do this all the time! Approve 

-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:02am
WTH Supercuts?? The Supercuts in my area won't touch a weave...EVER! She's got to be lying

-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:08am
She said hair cuttery. Which they do weaves there apparently. But heck no. I can't. I sewed each track on that braid and then sewed again the opposite way. And did the reverse track method at the top. And double knoted and stitched super close. No freaking way. I will not call the other stylist. Because what would it prove. ? It doesn't prove that its my fault. And she didn't give me a chance to fix it or pictures of the spot after she had it fixed. You can tell where someone resews a track. And again. Who's to say it was my fault.

Sticking to my old clients and the ones who pay 400+ smh. My manager was right. Certain price ranges bring certain type of ppl. I thought 200$ was pricey. (For her budget). She got 3 services for 200$ , because she came in my job (a BSS) and needed a weave and I worked with her budget.

Off to tell her I can't give a refund.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:24am
My email to her :

Ok. I am very sorry but I can't do any type of refund if there is no photographic evidence. I understand you had another eye witness but its hard for me to judge who's at fault if I can't physically see the problems. I would have been more than happy to fix anything past my usual 24 hour period. Especially knowing that you are leaving back to your home country soon and want you to have a long lasting install. For installs to fall out like that is extremely abnormal, and that's when I single sew on each track. Not only did I do tighter braids and stitches, but I went over certain areas that have the most trauma with an extra stitching of thread (I.e. The crown and the sides, and the middle).I was going to contact you wednesday to do my usually post week follow up (it would usually be friday but I don't know when you are leaving). I would have scheduled you sometime this week , asap. But I wasn't quick enough to respond to ur emails, even though I responded within 5 hours. I apologize if there seemed to be a delay in communication. I am currently off the beach for the next two days and didn't check my email. I'm not saying you are a liar or questioning your integrity, but certain things need to be documented and I have been scammed multiple times . Therefore it is only fit that I take proper precautions due to previous clients accidentally messing up their installs and then blaming it on me. (I'm not saying this is what you are doing. But it has happend before).

The best I could do was fix it for free. Or offer you a discount , but that wouldn't help you out too much. If you want I can give you the silk for free to keep the frizz at bay. But that's about it as I don't do refunds

Once again I deeply apologize that you turned out to be unsatisfied.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:15am
sounds pretty good to me Thumbs Up

-------------
~VivaLaJuicy~

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:54am
Another reason why I don't do hair as much and don't take new clients. I'll refer you out but can't take no more.   Desparate times call for Desparate measures sadly

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:11am
Smh. My lesson is learned. I'm done. Sadly :(

-------------

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:48am
def take pics for all new clients ... these folks are getting ridiculous & you need to protect yourself.

Posted By: beana3
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:12pm
Sorry to hear this OP. People are just trifling. If you have the misfortune of seeing her again tell her she passed up your 24 hour grace period and that your provided her with labor and a service so there are no refunds.

I've had weaves done that I was not too happy about however, I have NEVER demanded a refund from the stylist, they took the TIME to do my hair and therefore they deserve to get compensated

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:33pm
This is so unfortunate. 
You sound highly skilled, and very polite yet there are people who don't appreciate that. 

Hopefully this situation will be over with your final email. 

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 3:24pm
this is why i do not like doing hair.
very rare do i take on new clients.
i dont have time for you to look like horton hears a who when i ask for my money

Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:16pm
So its over. After I sent her that she emailed me back saying she was speechless and that she didn't understand why I still wanted pictures after she told me the other stylists name. she needed some redken products and wanted 50% off them or just get them for free. Lol. She came in. I gave her 15% and sent her on her way. Her card got declined and I went to the back to tell my manager what was up. She ended up apologizing to me and saying she was over it. Smh.

-------------

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:29pm
her whack ass ran out of loot 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 8:55pm
Told you her ass was broke lol.

Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:10pm
Smh. She at it again saying another track is loose and sent me a picture. Her hair looked a dry mess when she came in the otherday. No where near in the condition I left her in. Idk why she emailing me like I'm supposed to do something. Not only did u eff ur weave up. U supposedly went to another stylist. Then effed it up again. And um suppose to give a fckk. I want to email her back like "honestly I don't care"

-------------

Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by PRnena PRnena wrote:

Smh. She at it again saying another track is loose and sent me a picture. Her hair looked a dry mess when she came in the otherday. No where near in the condition I left her in. Idk why she emailing me like I'm supposed to do something. Not only did u eff ur weave up. U supposedly went to another stylist. Then effed it up again. And um suppose to give a fckk. I want to email her back like "honestly I don't care"

You should advise her to go to the sylist that"fix " her weave....
She email you because she think you will fix it for her for free

Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 8:23pm
Girl. I don't even think I'm gunna respond. I'm out of fcks for the day

-------------

Posted By: Nadiesca
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:18pm

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Dec 07 2012 at 9:22pm

Girl. I don't even think I'm gunna respond. I'm out of fcks for the day

Please ignore her!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 11:03am
Her ass better email the stylist who supposedly "fixed" her hair for her. If she went to another stylist to get it fixed then it's no longer your responsibility. 

Posted By: KurlieBeautie
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:34pm
^^^ This all day. 

-------------
Couldn't go very long w/o a puppy Avi! <3

Wags NC. Full p0rn when I finally install to my satisfaction.

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:49pm
Gurllll. If she comes to my job with this BS. Imma be madddddd. How do I not know what she is showing me is what the stylist 'ffixed'. Fck her and everything she stands for. I worked my arse off for over 5 hrs and only charged her 200 for all that ish. Knowing darn well I should have charged her more. But I didn't really need the $$ like that.

Now I'm gunna go to Burger King and get my 55 cent whopper (or 2 ) and forget about this c*nt

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 11:27pm
Sooooo now she's asking for more free products. I haven't emailed her back. Sooo I'm confused why she's still emailing me ..

-------------

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:33am

Sooooo now she's asking for more free products. I haven't emailed her back. Sooo I'm confused why she's still emailing me ..

Keep ignoring her.

Damn prnena, you are too dang nice. That's why all these scammin azz
O's keep taking advantage of you. Tell this bish all offers are off the table and to stop contacting you.

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 12:38am
Gurlll. I'm the farthest from nice boo. Lol. Its just I get real nice to stay calm and then BAM. I'm real mean .. And I'm trying to keep calm and professional. Smfh . I'm trying to be nice for business purposes.

-------------

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:50am
Hell, if it was me I'd be done messed around and blocked her ass after a while. She's doing the most. 

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:24am
How do you block emails?

-------------

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

You should advise her to go to the sylist that"fix " her weave....
She email you because she think you will fix it for her for free

THIS!!!

-------------
Not all people can understand the way I am. Some people hate me while others love me. I love the way I don't pretend to be someone I am not just to impress anyone. #Fitting

Posted By: Coco2Prissy
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:26pm
I'm just reading this smh...girl you did my install just fine. I personally don't care for u-parts...buts that not your fault. My hair grows quick and they make my lil head look big lol. Especially, under the circumstances of that night , I was pleased. But girl I told you to start taking before and after pictures.

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:39pm
I told you how these Miami chicks are...they desperate. You can be professional, but still put your foot down.

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:45pm
She not from miami. She's from sweden traveling.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 3:55pm

She not from miami. She's from sweden traveling.

Lol you get the picture..females desperate.

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

Another reason why I don't do hair as much and don't take new clients. I'll refer you out but can't take no more.   Desparate times call for Desparate measures sadly

This! Damn shame though....

-------------
I swear that BHM is a blessing and a curse.

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:13pm

Gurllll. If she comes to my job with this BS. Imma be madddddd. How do I not know what she is showing me is what the stylist 'ffixed'. Fck her and everything she stands for. I worked my arse off for over 5 hrs and only charged her 200 for all that ish. Knowing darn well I should have charged her more. But I didn't really need the $$ like that.

Now I'm gunna go to Burger King and get my 55 cent whopper (or 2 ) and forget about this c*nt

Aww hell naw - 5 hours? And you double stitched? That chick has a damn nerve. Sorry this happened to you...

-------------
I swear that BHM is a blessing and a curse.

Posted By: hairfanatic501
Date Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 4:25pm
I wouldn't sweat it. You offered to fix it for free and she choose to pay someone else. Which basically proves that you did your part. Think of it like this, "you had to loose a bad customer to make room for a good one." 

Posted By: Bristal Birita
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 6:08am
Hmm... Nice thought

Posted By: missyo67
Date Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:28pm

There are instances where I became dissatisfied after 2-3 days with an install.  It is possible not to detect issues until after you leave the salon.  I have never asked for a full refund. I've received a partial refund  but I definitely had proof of my issue. If you destroy 2 weaves in less than 2 weeks you don't need a weave.........  All that tight stitching and braiding should not be required.  Ignore her..... all $$ aint good $$$.  Sounds like weave extortion.  

-------------
What is your "BRAND"?
Leptin Reset and CT = BanginBody.com
www.jackkruse.com

Print Page | Close Window