Print Page | Close Window

Why are Men Soo Arrogant These days?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Relationships
Forum Description: Single, Married, Dating, or Other, Lets Talk About It.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351550
Printed Date: Oct 22 2018 at 3:41pm


Topic: Why are Men Soo Arrogant These days?
Posted By: Majesty02
Subject: Why are Men Soo Arrogant These days?
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 1:37pm

The more I date black men the more I'm starting to get turned off by them. I'm really trying my hardest not to put all in the same category...but what else can I say? It seems like majority of them (between ages 18-35) try to live vicariously through what they hear in rap music. They all claim to date "bad b*tches" that "model" etc. But when you see the chicks they date, they look below average. Or they claim to have a certian level of status, but you never see any proof of it. Some of these men are full of themselves for absolutely no reason. (Generally speaking) He could be a bum, with no obtainable life goals, unattractive, and no formal education, but he'll still go around bragging like he's God's gift to women. I feel like society has made these men these men think that their hot commodity, because statics “allegedly” claim that 70% of black women are single.  So a lot of these men have the “Fake it till you make it” mentality, but I’m just not buying it. I gladly move on to the next, because in my opinion men come a dime a dozen. I’m not bitter, I’m just starting to get more and more turned off by these f..kd up personalities.



-------------
Proud West Indian ! Caribbean posse!



Replies:
Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 1:39pm

jr.


-------------


Posted By: ariahoney
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 3:03pm
Black, White, Hispanic, Latino, Molato and Doritos, they are all arrogant Honey so do not get it twisted. Simply because Black Men and some others happen to show their arrogance upfront, does not mean the others aren't arrogant. Girl, they sure are, it's a silent expression, but the kind that can f*&^ with your mind too depending on the issue, topic or setting. Do not forget also that they are a product of their environment and associations too. You can hate em or Love, why not do both...lol


Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 3:35pm
da fck? You do know that generalizing and stereotyping a race of people based upon your experiences with an elite few (specifically Your own race... I'm assuming you're aa/black) is coontastic right? Confused


-------------
Cry me a river d*@kface you just got yourself another one!


Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 3:48pm
Don't let those men get you down their are plenty of black men out there who aren't arrogant.


Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:


jr.
I remember this episodeLOL

-------------


Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:34pm
^ Your right. You made a good point. I say “black men” because that’s majority of what I date.

I'm not saying men of other races aren't arrogant. Trust me I understand they can be just as bad (if not worse) I'm simply expressing my frustration with the type of men I've been running into lately. And I not the only one experiencing this. I have other female friends that are going through the exact same thing. (We’ve all talked about it recently)Maybe it’s just the type of guys I'm dating. They seem to look good physically, and on paper (credential wise). But their personality is the pits. Which is a major turn off.



-------------
Proud West Indian ! Caribbean posse!


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:45pm
I'm glad I live in North Florida and not South.

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah

HeyBeautiful


Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 8:11pm
There are a lot of decent black men out there. You need to start figuring out why you are attracting a certain type. Just because YOU have trouble attracting good black men doesn't mean they don't exist.
Go ahead and date non black men but I bet you'll still attract the same dirt bags. smh at you thinking non black men are innately better


Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

^ Your right. You made a good point. I say “black men” because that’s majority of what I date.

I'm not saying men of other races aren't arrogant. Trust me I understand they can be just as bad (if not worse) I'm simply expressing my frustration with the type of men I've been running into lately. And I not the only one experiencing this. I have other female friends that are going through the exact same thing. (We’ve all talked about it recently)Maybe it’s just the type of guys I'm dating. They seem to look good physically, and on paper (credential wise). But their personality is the pits. Which is a major turn off.



can't relateSleepy


-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:23am
I will just say this:

Its very interesting that when a black woman generalizes black men on a female message board, most people come in and tell the woman she shouldn't be generalizing, etc

But ever lurk a black make message board? Do they do the same when negative things are said about black women?

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 6:01am
^That doesn't make it OK.

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah

HeyBeautiful


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:56am
Mixer, its just dumb and retarded for bw to be the all defensive when it comes to the men, when all you have to do is observe that its not equal on both sides. Its like being in a one sided relationship.the party being all nice and trying so hard just looks stupid. stop trying to act like bw should be used as a negro safety net and cheer squad when Negros themselves don't feel that way. Ijs

Let me go to a black male forum and see bout 3 pages of posters admonishing the op for negatively generalizing bw, or the bw he's dealt with. Won't happen and honestly people need to let that sh*t soak in

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:00pm
No one here defended deadbeats or whatever. What was said was that there's better men out there then those types so there was no need for the OP to generalize.

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah

HeyBeautiful


Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:23am
Keep in mind that as you move up in life you'll meet different people who are more mature and different than those you have met now. There are many good men out there and maybe you haven't met any now but that doesn't mean you won't in the future. Keep trying and don't give up hope.

Try joining and meet men at nice places such as church, civic groups, political meetings, four-year universities.


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 12:22pm
I can't believe how many times some of these comments have been thanked.

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah

HeyBeautiful


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

I can't believe how many times some of these comments have been thanked.

You cant call me a liar tho

A lot of women are quick to defend men when their men will not do the same. Instead of trying to admonish me for telling the truth as I see it, why not go on those male dominated sites and ask them why they do what they do?

Instead you're trying to be like "be quiet woman, just accept that black men dont care when you're generalized but you're wrong for not jumping up and saving their honor. Cuz 2 wrongs dont make a right!!"  Come on I see through thatSleepy


-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:35pm
What?! Again, no one is defending sorry men. Just because some idiots on some board go anti-black women doesn't mean there aren't good black men out there, here or wherever.

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah

HeyBeautiful


Posted By: neeneebaby
Date Posted: Dec 06 2012 at 5:47pm
I think OP just needs to pick better men in general. It seems that she is going after these guys that claim to have "this status". Well if they all claim to have this status that means your type of men you like to date isn't that great. your bound to keep getting hurt. 

If your in college try to get to know people in your major you never know you might meet the man of your dreams who is the very opposite from your type. 


Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 1:38am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

I will just say this:

Its very interesting that when a black woman generalizes black men on a female message board, most people come in and tell the woman she shouldn't be generalizing, etc

But ever lurk a black make message board? Do they do the same when negative things are said about black women?


I don't know nor do I care what some mystery men on a message board are saying. All I know is that my father, brother, and spouse are exceptional people and are all black men. 
Just because someone else makes blanket generalizations about people doesn't mean I have to do the same. I have no reason to be bitter or spiteful. 


Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 10:34am
Sounds like you need to go elsewhere to meet a different type of black man. If you go to a club playing Peter Pan ass music, ("I just need to know what that coochie like so one time is fine with me"/"She gotta big booty so I call her Big Booty") then don't be surprised if you keep meeting Peter Pan ass niccas. The "I don't wanna grow up. I wannabe a Toys R US kid" type of men come in all ages, races and income levels

-------------
"It's not what you're called but what you answer to that will define who you are."


Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Keep in mind that as you move up in life you'll meet different people who are more mature and different than those you have met now. There are many good men out there and maybe you haven't met any now but that doesn't mean you won't in the future. Keep trying and don't give up hope.

Try joining and meet men at nice places such as church, civic groups, political meetings, four-year universities.





And this

-------------
"It's not what you're called but what you answer to that will define who you are."


Posted By: Twisted_Angel
Date Posted: Dec 08 2012 at 8:11pm
Sweetie you just attractin the wrong ones..

-------------


Posted By: Majesty02
Date Posted: Dec 22 2012 at 3:55pm
Nah. Its not that deep everyone. I love black men, and will never entirely give up on them. Not all are the same yes I know. I was just vex that day, so I came on BHM to vent. But I'm good now Wink

-------------
Proud West Indian ! Caribbean posse!


Posted By: mtownchick
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 9:48pm
That is the going norm these days along with a slew of thirsty women flocking just to get a piece of a man per se. You just gotta keep your head up and know that you are the prize. REAL MEN like a challenge and the majority of these women don't even know what that word means.....It will be ok...

-------------
"Don't waste the pretty" -moi


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

I will just say this:

Its very interesting that when a black woman generalizes black men on a female message board, most people come in and tell the woman she shouldn't be generalizing, etc

But ever lurk a black make message board? Do they do the same when negative things are said about black women?
So we should do the same thing? Just make the circle go round and round? Because we all know that's how problems get fixed, by adding to it.





-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 11:05pm
OP, you need to get out of your little bubble and meet men who are about something. You sound like you only go after basic guys, hood guys that aren't trying to achieve much. Maybe if you up your standards. You won't run into these problems as much.


-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Dec 25 2012 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Nah. Its not that deep everyone. I love black men, and will never entirely give up on them. Not all are the same yes I know. I was just vex that day, so I came on BHM to vent. But I'm good now Wink
That's good. Trust me though OP, maybe you should tap into another pool of guys and not the ones you usually go for. That way you don't run into the same mentality.


-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna


Posted By: DarkestBeauty
Date Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 12:51pm

I understand what you are saying and I've dated enough black men to know what you were experiencing. It's sad that alot of women are subject to these types of behaviors but the society will leave in allows it so that's what it is. You can try dating different types of black men or simply try other races it's good to try something new you may be getting those reactions from those men you met to lead you to someone else that will meet your expectations.



-------------
Love yourself please no one can love you like you can!!!


Posted By: AriesBabe09
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Nah. Its not that deep everyone. I love black men, and will never entirely give up on them. Not all are the same yes I know. I was just vex that day, so I came on BHM to vent. But I'm good now Wink
 
I have those days too...I love blk men but right now I'm mad at them however I won't allow myslef to give up on them totally..... although the majority act the way you mentioned in your first post.


Posted By: AriesBabe09
Date Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Originally posted by AriesBabe09 AriesBabe09 wrote:

Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

Nah. Its not that deep everyone. I love black men, and will never entirely give up on them. Not all are the same yes I know. I was just vex that day, so I came on BHM to vent. But I'm good now Wink
 
I have those days too...I love blk men but right now I'm mad at them however I won't allow myslef to give up on them totally..... although the majority act the way you mentioned in your first post.


you've met the majority of black men?
 
Pardon me.....the majority I have met.


Posted By: tamela10289
Date Posted: Jan 12 2013 at 11:55pm
I slightly disagree with some of these post. I've been in that same mind set before, but the past year or so my views have changed. I've noticed that the "arrogant" type of guys was the guy that I was going for at that time in my life. I didn't realize it until recently. The nice ones with some type of d@mn sense I unknowingly turned down, or sabotaged the relationship. So it may not be that's it most black men are arrogant, it's just the type of men you are allowing into your space. If you want better stop settling for less.


Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

I will just say this:

Its very interesting that when a black woman generalizes black men on a female message board, most people come in and tell the woman she shouldn't be generalizing, etc

But ever lurk a black make message board? Do they do the same when negative things are said about black women?
So we should do the same thing? Just make the circle go round and round? Because we all know that's how problems get fixed, by adding to it.


I just find it very work horse-ish to constantly take on the burden of extending themselves to people, who on average, don't do the same in return.

Problems get fixed if both parties decide to compromise and work on it. Not if one party is sh*tting on the other and the other party is browbeaten when they tell their perspective.


-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 9:33pm
Hmm

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah

HeyBeautiful


Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:


There are a lot of decent black men out there. You need to start figuring out why you are attracting a certain type. Just because YOU have trouble attracting good black men doesn't mean they don't exist.
Go ahead and date non black men but I bet you'll still attract the same dirt bags. smh at you thinking non black men are innately better



Girl, BOOM


Posted By: tamela10289
Date Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:


There are a lot of decent black men out there. You need to start figuring out why you are attracting a certain type. Just because YOU have trouble attracting good black men doesn't mean they don't exist.
Go ahead and date non black men but I bet you'll still attract the same dirt bags. smh at you thinking non black men are innately better



Girl, BOOM


100% agreed


Posted By: Grapes25
Date Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 10:51am
Aside from the very generalized assumption of men being highly arrogant, I honestly feel that WOMEN are the arrogant ones these days- driven by societal expectations and standards. ( Although that applies to BOTH genders)


Posted By: thebombdotkom
Date Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

I will just say this:

Its very interesting that when a black woman generalizes black men on a female message board, most people come in and tell the woman she shouldn't be generalizing, etc

But ever lurk a black make message board? Do they do the same when negative things are said about black women?


This all day.

I don't understand why black women continue to defend and support black men when all they do is sh*t all over us.


-------------
Starting Length: Neck
Current Length: Longest layer @ WL
Short Term/2013 Goal: Full Waist Length
Ultimate Goal: Full Hip Length


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by thebombdotkom thebombdotkom wrote:


Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

I will just say this:

Its very interesting that when a black woman generalizes black men on a female message board, most people come in and tell the woman she shouldn't be generalizing, etc

But ever lurk a black make message board? Do they do the same when negative things are said about black women?


This all day.

I don't understand why black women continue to defend and support black men when all they do is sh*t all over us.
Nothing like being racist against your own people.

-------------
The CHOGH crew...

President honeybee10

oh_so_moody

afrokock

Mixer

colemrlch

ummmok

niecy

313chick

AffirmativeBunny

Anah

HeyBeautiful


Posted By: Twisted_Angel
Date Posted: Feb 19 2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Originally posted by leftywefty leftywefty wrote:


There are a lot of decent black men out there. You need to start figuring out why you are attracting a certain type. Just because YOU have trouble attracting good black men doesn't mean they don't exist.
Go ahead and date non black men but I bet you'll still attract the same dirt bags. smh at you thinking non black men are innately better



Girl, BOOM
Exactly you jus gonna attrack the same type of dude, different color.


Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 6:11pm
I don't really think they are arrogant...more like lazy. They expect the woman to hit on them because they are just used to it. Lame.


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 10:13am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I don't really think they are arrogant...more like lazy. They expect the woman to hit on them because they are just used to it. Lame.

Hmm, it could be said thst vice versa is lazy.


Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 11:45am
Coons be cooning


Posted By: Mixer
Date Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by ShesalmostFlawless ShesalmostFlawless wrote:


Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:



<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 10pt;" ="msonormal"=""><font face="Calibri">The more I date black men the more I'm starting to get
turned off by them. I'm really trying my hardest not to put all in the same
category...but what else can I say? It seems like majority of them (between
ages 18-35) try to live vicariously through what they hear in rap music. They
all claim to date "bad b*tches" that "model" etc. But when
you see the chicks they date, they look below average. Or they claim to have a certian level of status, but you never see any proof of it. Some of these men are
full of themselves for absolutely no reason. (Generally speaking) He could be a bum, with no
obtainable life goals, unattractive, and no formal education, but he'll still
go around bragging like he's God's gift to women. I feel like society has made
these men these men think that their hot commodity, because statics <b style="mso-bidi-font-weight: normal;">“allegedly” claim that 70% of black
women are single. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"> </span>So a lot of these men
have the “Fake it till you make it” mentality, but I’m just not buying it. I
gladly move on to the next, because in my opinion men come a dime a dozen. I’m
not bitter, I’m just starting to get more and more turned off by these f..kd up
personalities. <!--?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /--><o:p></o:p>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">



God bless you for this post!It's even worse now with 2 chains and other rappers making them feel powerful.It's a mess honey.
Actually believing this is a mess.


Posted By: loveandpeace1984
Date Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 8:45am
Cause we can and we always have been. Enjoy yourmcomputers and internet invented by men.



Print Page | Close Window