Printed Date: Sep 23 2018 at 3:28am

Topic: a sew in should not hurt
Posted By: tropical-punch
Subject: a sew in should not hurt
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:56am

Replies:
Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:30am
preachh.. i remember i used get my hair done by my old stylist, and as soon as she finish braiding my hair i fall out on the floor cuz the pain was excruciating to my head..  i cried, take Tylenol.. and she just looks at me and says "oohh ur just tender headed"Angry no chick ur heavy handed like a boulderCry

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:34am
She smilin' in that car though. lo

-------------

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:40am
why not just tell the braider to loosen up?  i really dont understand accepting that kind of pain and potential traction alopecia.

sn: i got so distracted for like 20 minutes watching that girls channels and trying to figure out why she had so many views when she and her gf seem kind of boring.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

She smilin' in that car though. lo

When that traction alopecia sets in, she won't be smilin' so much

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:43am
Naw, I'm not with that kinda pain. I like having edges. That sew-in didn't even come out that cute to be going thru all that and that heifer look like she cut the wefts .

SN: I love iCraiz's makeup videos! I need to go catch up now.

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:47am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

why not just tell the braider to loosen up?  i really dont understand accepting that kind of pain and potential traction alopecia.

sn: i got so distracted for like 20 minutes watching that girls channels and trying to figure out why she had so many views when she and her gf seem kind of boring.

She had the makeup channel with a large following first. A lot of her loyal viewers subbed and supported the channel with her girlfriend. You know how folks get attached to YouTube personalities.

I passed...

Still like her makeup vids tho.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:48am
lol @ her smiling at the end. i dont know enough about hair to give a proper comment

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:52am

i have but she didn't listen, and i was all like this hurts.... ohhh i remember one time this chick was to do my braids..  they came out looking like wack dookie braidsOuch.. i was heated and i was gonna give her a peace of my mind.. so i called my sis and ranted about it.. and my sis was like cool whatever happens i got ya back.. so i was just about to bang on her, but then i started to look at the pictures in her house. I noticed about at least 50 people in each pic, wearing all blue with bandanas on and throwing up gang signs in each one.. so i was gonna run out and not pay her, until my sis came said "ummmm i don't think we should mess with her", come to find out there were like 10 of her gang banging buddies all outside chillinDead. so i chucked it up as a loss, with probably a few hair follicles missing..

but at least i got my life
Cry

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:59am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

i have but she didn't listen, and i was all like this hurts.... ohhh i remember one time this chick was to do my braids..  they came out looking like wack dookie braidsOuch.. i was heated and i was gonna give her a peace of my mind.. so i called my sis and ranted about it.. and my sis was like cool whatever happens i got ya back.. so i was just about to bang on her, but then i started to look at the pictures in her house. I noticed about at least 50 people in each pic, wearing all blue with bandanas on and throwing up gang signs in each one.. so i was gonna run out and not pay her, until my sis came said "ummmm i don't think we should mess with her", come to find out there were like 10 of her gang banging buddies all outside chillinDead. so i chucked it up as a loss, with probably a few hair follicles missing..

Cry

i was just about to give you a lecture on speaking up and not giving you money to...and then i finished reading. girl i understandLOL in theory. i aint about that lifeLOL

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:01am
That hair looks like it wants to pull itself out of her scalp.  Couldn't be me.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:09am

Cry

Omg LOL

-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:09am
people who do not get ther har braided very often are usually like that!

Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:14am
Originally posted by miana79 miana79 wrote:

yeah i noticed that also. 

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:28am

yeah i noticed that also. 

we like to call them tender head, they are just not used to the feeling sometmes the brad isn't even tght...I notice if the braid is to lose the weave does not last long!

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:47am

Some WILL NOT listen to you. They're too stuck in their ways or too prideful and "know what they're doing" so they turn a damn styling session into medieval hair torture. -.-

I went to this salon last year and was pretty nervous since it was my first time since going natural. It was a black salon.. SUPPOSEDLY.

The woman who was going to do my hair was this white woman. A white woman has never styled my hair before so I was damn nervous but decided to be open-minded. Sleepy

That woman *&%^$#@Eed up my hair so bad with the blowdryer, bitch made it rain clumps of my own hair and I sat there like a fool trying to get my money's worth. -__- She couldn't even exhibit BASIC hair care practice correctly. Even worse, when she began cornrowing my hair, I told her multiple times, "not too tight/please loosen up" and this heifer would just smack her gum and say "yeah" with NO CHANGE in how she was braiding.

When I was done, I was in so much pain, I was in my car crying. I have NEVER had that happen before. Not even as a kid did I cry after the hair was done! That white woman mistreated my hair and scalp so bad, I undid the cornrows an hour later and found I had a couple of cuts on my scalp after finding crusted blood.

Some stylists simply do not give a damn. I gave that place a bad review on yelp and google. They tried to dismiss everything, smh.

-------------

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:47am

preachh.. i remember i used get my hair done by my old stylist, and as soon as she finish braiding my hair i fall out on the floor cuz the pain was excruciating to my head..  i cried, take Tylenol.. and she just looks at me and says "oohh ur just tender headed"Angry no chick ur heavy handed like a boulderCry

Same thing happened to me but I told her just to take the braids out cause it was too painful. Cry I don't do sew ins anymore as a result.

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:51am

Cry

LMFAOOOOOO!

-------------

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:53am
lmao @ f8dagrate

-------------
You can't just walk in with a huge banana and expect everything to be peaches.

If you no know me brotha, I no like wahala.

Posted By: nitabug

\ha
Yep, if I haven't had my hair braided in a while, it hurts me as well.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

This was probably why I reacted so badly when that white woman committed attempted murder on my beautiful long hair. Disapprove

But I got my weave done in Ghana and ooooooh, I love my country. THEY KNOW HOW TO HANDLE HAIR! Clap Great hair care and weave for only 40 cedis!

Ghana, my love!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Some WILL NOT listen to you. They're too stuck in their ways or too prideful and "know what they're doing" so they turn a damn styling session into medieval hair torture. -.-

I went to this salon last year and was pretty nervous since it was my first time since going natural. It was a black salon.. SUPPOSEDLY.

The woman who was going to do my hair was this white woman. A white woman has never styled my hair before so I was damn nervous but decided to be open-minded. Sleepy

That woman *&%^$#@Eed up my hair so bad with the blowdryer, bitch made it rain clumps of my own hair and I sat there like a fool trying to get my money's worth. -__- She couldn't even exhibit BASIC hair care practice correctly. Even worse, when she began cornrowing my hair, I told her multiple times, "not too tight/please loosen up" and this heifer would just smack her gum and say "yeah" with NO CHANGE in how she was braiding.

When I was done, I was in so much pain, I was in my car crying. I have NEVER had that happen before. Not even as a kid did I cry after the hair was done! That white woman mistreated my hair and scalp so bad, I undid the cornrows an hour later and found I had a couple of cuts on my scalp after finding crusted blood.

Some stylists simply do not give a damn. I gave that place a bad review on yelp and google. They tried to dismiss everything, smh.

see this is what i dont understand.  your hair fallen like the towers and strands jumpin ship like the titanic and you stayed.  not being a member of bhm...i aint tryna hear it.  hair just would not have gotten done that day. if you cant love your hair can you at least love you folliclesLOL

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 8:23am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

lol @ her smiling at the end. i dont know enough about hair to give a proper comment
LOLLOL

Every time you comment to things like this it makes me laugh. 

But yeah this one woman did my sewn in one time and I got a bald spot because it was sooo tight. I haven't gone to her in years.
#DoYourOwnWeaveFTW

-------------
My mind explodes

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 9:49am
Meh, I think she was just tender-headed.  Why did the weave look so thin? 

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:16am
That sew in ain't even decent though...Confused

-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..

Posted By: miamiu1127
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

That sew in ain't even decent though...Confused

True

-------------
I don't got to be fly, I'm fly in my pockets.

Posted By: Aerie
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 11:59am
My mom once got her hair braided far too tight, she was in pain with headaches for day. She swiftly jumped into the shower, and soaked her head to loosen the braids. 

I'm scared to go to a stylist for these type of reasons. I've been spoiled by having my mom do my hair all these years. 

I need to learn to do it myself, pronto.

Posted By: chidiva79
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 10:53pm
I absolutely cannot take any tight braids nor when they sew the wefts in. I have super thick hair and I'm natural. I am very careful to tell whoever is braiding my hair several times....may even a 100 times DO NOT BRAID MY HAIR TIGHT. I would rather come back in 8 weeks or tighten it myself before I get a super tight sew in. I've taking a sew in down in 3 days because it was too tight. I'm concerned about traction alopecia and my hair falling out. I have to leave my perimeter out because if I don't, i get bumps. 

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 3:35am
I REALLY don't understand why folks seem to think scalp-pulling tight braids mean that's the only way the braid will stay secure.  My stylists doesn't braid tight at all and her braids last for 3 months.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: sbrooke
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 5:08am
No matter how hard I used to tell some stylists it hurts, they would barely loosen up on the braiding and the sewing in part makes it even more tighter.
Ladies be careful for real. Someone did my weave so tight that I had bumps the entire install and once I took it down I had bald patches all throughout my hair from being pulled out.

-------------
Fly brown mamacita.

Posted By: loveyessie
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 7:30am
The sew in isn't even cute! All of that for something so basic I hope she didn't pay alot of money for it.

Posted By: Tanzi2001
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:23am
It appears to me that she has a fine hair texture which would make all that tension even worse on her hair. It also seems like the stylist doesn't care because she is very clearly complaining that it hurts. The stylist is just standing there laughing and smiling. When she left that break, I would have not looked back and kept going.

-------------
It all began in 1908

Posted By: Sapphyre
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:15am
I can understand it. When I wear sew ins, then take my hair down, any kind of tension hurts. Looking at my hair makes my scalp hurt. When you're not used to something everything hurts. And my girl doesn't even braid tight... some people are just super tenderheaded, and people who aren't, to the same extent don't get it. 

Posted By: hairfanatic501
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 11:00am

If your tender headed a sew in is definitely going to hurt regardless of how tight the person braids. Reason being its pulling your hair which does what??? Hurt! And you should only construct a sew in with loose braids if you only want to have it in for like a month. Why? Loose braids unravel real easy; especially if you have short fine hair.

Posted By: MsLovelyHair
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:57pm

Agreed, I know some you run your hand through there hair and they squinting and squirming like they having mild contractions. But I agree with the second comment, just tell the stylist to loosen up some if its that uncomfortable.

Granted, some may think it IS supposed to hurt, go figure. She needed another bag of hair and some kind of style to it too imo. Glad she made it through it thoughTongue

Posted By: kandyse1988
Date Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:42pm
Well I don't think that the stylist made it painful for one she clearly says that "no one didn't say it will hurt that much to get your hair braided" so I'm guessing she never had any sort of braids before .plus the braids didn't look all that tight to me she was rob ably tender headed because she ne'er death with getting braids before. Secondly she has a fine grade of hair that is a little short where the stylist had to add synthetic hair which made the pain or tension she was feeling... When most of us was growing up we used to get our hair braided by the Africans or our parents did it so we built a pain tolerance for braids. Just as she will build a pain tolerance to getting sew ins she started when she was an adult so she is not as developed with her scalp taking that like most of us maybe. I know ppl who cry when getting their hair blowed dried d it's not even because it was rough t just wasn't something they grew up with ad been accustomed too..

Posted By: lilmamabenz
Date Posted: Dec 21 2012 at 10:59am
It looks so painful, I hope that girl still has hair!

Posted By: LovesLace
Date Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 10:06am
I've sewn in my own install too tight before and was not taking that ish down. LOL It loosened up after a day so I was fine. Of course it didn't feel tight until I finished installing the whole thing. LOL

-------------
Losers make excuses! Winners make things happen!

Print Page | Close Window