Print Page | Close Window

Matchmaking

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351537
Printed Date: Nov 12 2018 at 8:43pm


Topic: Matchmaking
Posted By: uppitynegroid
Subject: Matchmaking
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:21am
If you hook up a single friend up and they do not like the man or woman, are you annoyed or just shrug it off?  Does it depend on their reason for rejecting the person?

-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.




Replies:
Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:29am
just cause i like someone(or think its a perfect match) doesnt mean everyone else will agree. shrug it off. i dont see a reason to be annoyed.

-------------


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:50am
only way id be a lil annoyed is if they were insistent on being hooked up and they turned around to start whinging bout one thing or another esp something i either warned them about, or they already knew from the beginning

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:04am
I've learned not to hook ppl up anymore..but I only got annoyed when they wanted to act all picky then later on down the road they asking about the person and that person moved on. 

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 6:07am
yeah, i dont hook people up ^ too.

well, not directly/actively anyway

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

...
I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..


Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 7:16am
I don't hook people up. One of the people always wants to look at you crazy when things don't work out.

Now, if a friend is interested in another friend, I'll introduce at the most but the rest is on them.


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 2:13pm
I'd just shrug it off. I have made a few successful matches tho.


-------------


PEACE


Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I'd just shrug it off. I have made a few successful matches tho.
 
I'm not suprised.  I can totally see it.


-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.



Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 3:22pm
I dont hook up people. 


-------------


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 4:04pm
well i remember thinking what did my friend do wrong when my dh and i tried to hook her up with his friend bc he married the very next girl he dated.

my mom loves playing matchmaker.  she has had one successful match thus far. she tried to play it for me...lawd...some haitian doctor...he was cute though but i'd already met my dh by then


-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 4:21pm
i wouldn't be upset..

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 5:43pm
^^right. I don't see any reason to be upset. BUT, what about when you match 2 people and they date for a while or even marry; then break up? That puts you in the middle sometimes. So I could see that being upsetting.

sometimes it can be better   if your matches don't work . lol


-------------


PEACE


Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:34am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

^^right. I don't see any reason to be upset. BUT, what about when you match 2 people and they date for a while or even marry; then break up? That puts you in the middle sometimes. So I could see that being upsetting.

sometimes it can be better   if your matches don't work . lol
 
Well my friend is annoyed that she hooked up a friend of hers and the girl wasn't interested in the guy because he turned out to be a few months younger.  I think that's reasonable since most women prefer to date someone a couple to a few years older.  My friend says that as much as the girl complains about being single and lonely, she should have at least given the dude a chance.  Meh.


-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.



Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:27am
yeah purp i try to consider all those things prior to the set up. lol.

uppity, i def wouldn't be upset in that situation...but then ive never really had a friend who constantly complained about not having a man either.

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy


dacoldesteva


Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:31am
a few months?Sleepy

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B


Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

a few months?Sleepy
 
LOL Yes. 
 
I blame my friend though.  She should have confirmed ages first, then made sure it was ok with both of them.  She never asked the guy his age and when the girl told her he was a bit younger she told her to shrug it off. 
 


-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.



Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:03am
Hi uppity!


Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:08am
Hi Derri poo!  Hope you're doing well.  Smile

-------------
Omi te mi o ni san koja mi.



Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:22am
Embarrassed I am, thank you.
 hope you are enjoying yourself.
I am jaloussss


Posted By: bg
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:04am
i shrug it off

i try to avoid hooking people up though

-------------
“Turn your face toward the sun and the shadows will fall behind you.” ~Maori Proverb~


Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:06am
I would be a little salty, but I am a matchmaker. When I set people up, I expect them to get married. I wouldn't be mad at my friend, I'd just be disappointed. I usually picture the wedding of the people I am matching in my head before their first date.


Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:49am
I dont really have male friends so it's impossible for me to have hooked anyone up. 

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]


Posted By: Sleek
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:59am
 I tried hooking my neice up with a decent guy a few weeks back she shut it down and finally came out the closet to me *sigh* and the next day brought her "girl" to meet meErmm so my matchmaking days are over.


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:32am
I matched up two people and they are both engaged.

So, yea, I'd be a little mad because I think I have great taste...for other people.


-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me


Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:09pm
I wouldn't be annoyed - but this is definitely the reason I don't do matchmaking haha. I've tried to hook friends up before and it never fails that one person likes the other more than it's reciprocated. And then I'm stuck having someone asking me why the other person isn't calling them.

THAT is annoying...so I don't play Yente.


-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com


Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

^^right. I don't see any reason to be upset. BUT, what about when you match 2 people and they date for a while or even marry; then break up? That puts you in the middle sometimes. So I could see that being upsetting.

sometimes it can be better   if your matches don't work . lol
 
Well my friend is annoyed that she hooked up a friend of hers and the girl wasn't interested in the guy because he turned out to be a few months younger.  I think that's reasonable since most women prefer to date someone a couple to a few years older.  My friend says that as much as the girl complains about being single and lonely, she should have at least given the dude a chance.  Meh.


A few months younger seems a bit unnecessary to brush a guy off! I don't date younger men, but my fiance is 2 months younger than me. Hardly seems like a reason to reject someone.


-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com


Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I don't hook people up. One of the people always wants to look at you crazy when things don't work out.

Now, if a friend is interested in another friend, I'll introduce at the most but the rest is on them.


-------------


Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 2:29pm
i play matchmaker all the time 
only one has worked out LOL

i dont get upset i just move on to the next matchmake 


-------------
“Don't be in a hurry to condemn because he doesn't do what you do or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today.”
― Malcolm X


Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:42pm
speaking of matchmaking, I read that the woman who was killed by the football player (Jovan Belcher) met him thru her cousin who was also married to a player. I wonder if that was a 'matchmaking' situation.

I was saying it can be uncomfy when matches don't work, but that's nothing compared to this (one person killing the other) . I don't know how I would deal with that, I'd feel so guilty.


-------------


PEACE



Print Page | Close Window