Print Page | Close Window

I dont know how I feel about this...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351458
Printed Date: Oct 17 2017 at 12:13pm

Topic: I dont know how I feel about this...
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: I dont know how I feel about this...
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:18am
Hmm...

I can see how people would think this is funny but... idk. White people laughing at this rubs me the wrong way for some reason Confused

I know Dave Chappelle did it but he also admitted to feeling questionable about some of his creative decisions

I guess it's inline with the n-word argument

What do y'all think?

Replies:
Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:21am
Corny Coons.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:30am
i cant stand these dudes.

-------------

Posted By: exoticmami06
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:30am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Corny Coons.

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:36am
I don't know who they are but I don't like this vid. Didn't watch it all the way either. I don't find this funny. There's nothing funny about that situation happening and nowhere, in my opinion, to find comedy from it.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:37am
It was funny to me
There is humor to found in perversion .

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:38am
no.

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:39am
It is not funny at all... even i have a weird sense of humor, but this ish y was drySleepy

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:40am
Only if you're far enough disconnected from it imo

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

It was funny to me

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:41am
confession: i hate when whites watch black comedians and laugh.

i did not laugh at ALL. i might have smirked at one moment but they took it too damn far. i am as offended as seeing a white person in black face.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: f8dagrate
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:41am

It was funny to me

I concur, but this ish was plain boringggggSleepy

-------------
Women, midwest, WO-MEN. I know you're stunted in height but I didn't know that your shortcomings extended to your brain function - ImThatDiva

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:42am
I don't like them.

Naw I get why ppl wouldn't like it.
But I get what it was trying to do.

You think it's pushing the " Slavery helped black ppl" agenda?

I see it as something else.
I'm trying to find the words to articulate it

It amused me

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: chinadoll77
Has some laughable moments...

-------------
If I worried about what you thought about me,it would be a grave misuse of my ME TIME....

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:43am
Me too

I'm actually starting to hate White people enjoying any aspect of Black culture tbh

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i did not laugh at ALL. i might have smirked at one moment but they took it too damn far. i am as offended as seeing a white person in black face.

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:44am
i liked their wizard inner city skit tho.

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Me too

I'm actually starting to hate White people enjoying any aspect of Black culture tbh

lol....like when watching the Eddie Murphey thing and his white girlfriend laughed at a joke that included the word Brotha...i was like bitch what the fvk are you laughing at?

-------------

Posted By: laceyfront
I wanted to laugh i really did.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:45am
What I don't like is the memes obviously made by white ppl degrading black ppl and black ppl reposting that ish.
And I just don't like when blacks laugh when there is a comparison to monkeys and such.

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:45am

Me too

Lol. Me too.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:47am
In it's own way, i think it makes fun of how ridiculous of an institution slavery was while also playing on the reoccurring theme of Key & Peele being perpetual losers in life because of what the state of Blackness means in a White society

ETA: Or maybe I'm thinking to deeply and being too kind? LOL Idk... it's too late for this tomfoolery

Naw I get why ppl wouldn't like it.
But I get what it was trying to do.

You think it's pushing the " Slavery helped black ppl" agenda?

I see it as something else.
I'm trying to find the words to articulate it

It amused me

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:48am
These two guys have a show or something?

First time seeing them.

-------------
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 2:22am
DAMN! They really are coons!!! And by "coons", I mean the actual definition this time! Shocked

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 4:33am
I didn't find it funny. Not out of offense, but it just wasn't funny. *Shrug*

And white people laughing at offensive crap was exactly what got The Chappelle Show cancelled. They laughed at it in the wrong way because what was supposed to be satire was taken as fact to them and subsequently laughed at because it reinforced their stereotypical images of other races.

Every time a white person wants to tell me how to feel because Chappelle said this or that, I unleash the white guilt by correcting them and letting them know that ignorance was what got the show cancelled in the first place.

-------------

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 4:56am
LOL!

im with jones on this one

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: miamiu27
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 5:48am
I really tried watching their show. Most of it has been done before and honestly I don't find them funny.

-------------
I don't have time to complain. Take off your bedroom slippers put on your marching shoes! Shake it off, Stop complaining, Stop grumbling, Stop Crying and We are gonna Press On, We got Work to Do!!

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 5:57am
Key & Peele the 2012 version of Spikes Bamboozled...

http://stopobamanowsd.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/bamboozled.jpg

FOH with that Bullshyt.

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 6:43am
Nothing about these dudes is funny.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 6:55am
so im wrong if i found some of there other material funny ? 

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:25am
lame

-------------
God bless

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 7:59am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

I did too, especially the substitute.  Why some are taking jokes so seriously idk.  poke fun at satire &stereotypes

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:20am
i semi giggled at garbledeegook. other than that.... boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:28am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

I did too, especially the substitute.  Why some are taking jokes so seriously idk.  poke fun at satire &stereotypes

you already know my views

and yes I laughed .... out loud.

They have a skit about Dubstep music... I laughed .. I laughed hard

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:41am
That show needs to be cancel.. Them dudes are cornballs. Nowhere near funny..

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

you already know my views

and yes I laughed .... out loud.

They have a skit about Dubstep music... I laughed .. I laughed hard

I remember the "bitch" one.  I posted it & many laffed, it was even reposted a couple of times cuz some still found it funny.  Jokes are jokes, offensive or not, funny or not.  Kind of like dem yt hoes Chelsea Handler & Lisa Lampenelli.  or even Kevin Hart,  So many here say how they hate them, they are racist, they aren't funny, etc...  but u know what?  somebody finds it funny cuz they always have sold out shows.   take it with a grain of salt.  meh

-------------

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:03am
They miss a lot more than they hit imo.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:52am

I remember the "bitch" one.  I posted it & many laffed, it was even reposted a couple of times cuz some still found it funny.  Jokes are jokes, offensive or not, funny or not.  Kind of like dem yt hoes Chelsea Handler & Lisa Lampenelli.  or even Kevin Hart,  So many here say how they hate them, they are racist, they aren't funny, etc...  but u know what?  somebody finds it funny cuz they always have sold out shows.   take it with a grain of salt.  meh

zactly.

Somebody finds it funny.. they have an audience for a reason so yea.. someone is laughing. 

but you know what I find funny... is someone letting a comedian offend them. You know whats offensive to me.. starving children.. or children being molested/abused... women being raped .. by their husbands ect..

the fact that you can actually muster up enough energy to let a COMEDIAN offend you is ridiculous...lol
If its not funny ... its not funny and just call it a day ... move on

Its real things outchea to be offended by ....  

Cant eeen front ... sometimes I'm offended at how easy people are offended by things ... lol

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:06am

zactly.

Somebody finds it funny.. they have an audience for a reason so yea.. someone is laughing. 

but you know what I find funny... is someone letting a comedian offend them. You know whats offensive to me.. starving children.. or children being molested/abused... women being raped .. by their husbands ect..

the fact that you can actually muster up enough energy to let a COMEDIAN offend you is ridiculous...lol

Lamp
just the other day, ppl were telling nicki t sit down & how she shuldn't be offended by what Steven said, now the same ppl wanna scream bloody murder over this??   personal attacks>>>>>>sweeping generalizations

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:14am
Did people say they were offended? Well personally, I wasn't offended. I just think they are corny and coonish. They just say some really ignorant things and play almost exclusively off stereotypes. They bring up being mixed a lot (in my opinion, for White approval), make fun of Africa, mock urban culture, etc. It doesn't mean they aren't funny sometimes, but they are corny coons. 

Dave Chapelle wasn't corny, but his show was coonish. That inner conflict caused him to retire. These brothas aren't bothered by it. More power to them. 

Before anyone says it, I have my coon-like traits too. BHM lets me know all the time. Don't bother.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Elohim_is_Love Elohim_is_Love wrote:

I laughed and I laughed hard, they were poking fun at the instituition of slavery and how whites perceive how the dark skin male is stronger than the lighter skin male. It's just that simple, but than again this is BHM where logic and pattern recognition is easily skipped over.
ia, no matter how tall, short, skinny, or buff the dudes was he was gonna get chosen simply cuz he was dark.   As for steven, he started talking about the NEW judges, but then zeroed in on Nicki.  Why didn't he keep it consistant & say the same about Keith & Mariah too?

That is what I mean about personal attacks greater than sweeping generalizations.  He made it personal by mentioning her name only & not the others.  Like if I were to say bhm ppl are dumb vs Elohim is dumb.  You get what I'm saying?  one is a sweeping generalization, the other is a personal attack, cuz I focused on one

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:23am

Did people say they were offended? Well personally, I wasn't offended. I just think they are corny and coonish. They just say some really ignorant things and play almost exclusively off stereotypes. They bring up being mixed a lot (in my opinion, for White approval), make fun of Africa, mock urban culture, etc. It doesn't mean they aren't funny sometimes, but they are corny coons. 

Dave Chapelle wasn't corny, but his show was coonish. That inner conflict caused him to retire. These brothas aren't bothered by it. More power to them. 

Before anyone says it, I have my coon-like traits too. BHM lets me know all the time. Don't bother.
they make fun of whites & mock their culture too.  its all tied into the stereotypes.  I also remember posting their flash mob/ race war skit here too.
 you know what......................

these bhm chicks laffed at that tooTongue

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:24am
ooooooooooo, it was a light skinded thing. im so slow. 

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:28am
I haven't seen the race flash mob. You should post it.

I think Comedy Central brought them in to fill the void Chapelle left. They just have less edge than Chapelle. The Chapelle Show had music spots featuring the Roots, Busta, and other groups. Key and Peele just don't have the real factor. It is hard to explain, but they are funny sometimes, and there is no reason to be offended by them IMO.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:31am

I haven't seen the race flash mob. You should post it.

I think Comedy Central brought them in to fill the void Chapelle left. They just have less edge than Chapelle. The Chapelle Show had music spots featuring the Roots, Busta, and other groups. Key and Peele just don't have the real factor. It is hard to explain, but they are funny sometimes, and there is no reason to be offended by them IMO.
here it is

& just cuz this still tickles meLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:32am
not offended. it just wasn't funny to me. well not enough for me to bother checking anything else from them out. I think I've seen the shorter one on some other stuff and he seemed wack then too...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:36am

Still my favorite. LOL

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:37am
yeah....they wack.

-------------

dacoldesteva

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:40am
I haven't seen one thing from these guys I found funny *shrugs*

I miss Chapelle Show Cry 

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:44am
dang not a single funny video ? 

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:46am
lol

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:47am
very very poor taste especially if you look at in the context of history. To say they did this to somewhat present some kind of view is pointless. comedy central is a corporation their bottom line is profits, if they can exploit these two, why not. Dunno if i have seen any jokes about people being put in the gas chamber during the holocaust. smh

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:47am
I like them, but I don't mind cornball humor.  Demetri Martin is one of my favorite comedians if that tells you anything.  I don't sense that many here would like him. LOL  And Mitch Hedberg.  I miss him. 

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:49am
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

very very poor taste especially if you look at in the context of history. To say they did this to somewhat present some kind of view is pointless. comedy central is a corporation their bottom line is profits, if they can exploit these two, why not. Dunno if i have seen any jokes about people being put in the gas chamber during the holocaust. smh

Family Guy does holocaust jokes. 

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:49am
lmao, everything aint for everybody.  they got a 2nd season without ur support, whitey & the others may keep them for a few more.   imo, this is no different when I see posters laff at some corny joke or a corny poster.  yall be wooooing it up, lmaoooooooooooooo, posting alladeezDeadLOLCry and rofling talking bout omg you slayed/killed me & bury me in my finest wigs speeches, when I'm looking likeStern Smile cuz the joke wasn't all that funny.   I look at yall ctfu acting a fool & wonder

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:50am
well...if the ones posted here are supposed to rep the funniest...i'd rather take a nap...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:50am

zactly.

Cant eeen front ... sometimes I'm offended at how easy people are offended by things ... lol

one does not preclude the other and is truly a tangential point to the OP

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

I like them, but I don't mind cornball humor.  Demetri Martin is one of my favorite comedians if that tells you anything.  I don't sense that many here would like him. LOL  And Mitch Hedberg.  I miss him. 

Yeah, their humor is along those lines. Racial jokes with a side of corny. I don't like either of the comedians you posted. I prefer ignant humor, honestly (Kevin Hart, old school Kat Williams). Cry

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:51am

Family Guy does holocaust jokes. 
family guy does hella racist, sexist, pedo, anti-semite jokes & yet I still tune in weekly

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:52am

lmao, everything aint for everybody.  they got a 2nd season without ur suppot, whitey & the others may keep them for a few more.   imo, this is no different when I see posters laff at some corny joke or a corny poster.  yall be wooooing it up, lmaoooooooooooooo, posting alladeezDeadLOLCry and rofling talking bout omg you slayed/killed me & bury me in my finest wigs speeches, when I'm looking likeStern Smile cuz the joke wasn't all that funny.   I look at yall ctfu acting a fool & wonder

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:54am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

lmao, everything aint for everybody.  they got a 2nd season without ur suppot, whitey & the others may keep them for a few more.   imo, this is no different when I see posters laff at some corny joke or a corny poster.  yall be wooooing it up, lmaoooooooooooooo, posting alladeezDeadLOLCry and rofling talking bout omg you slayed/killed me & bury me in my finest wigs speeches, when I'm looking likeStern Smile cuz the joke wasn't all that funny.   I look at yall ctfu acting a fool & wonder

This is true. LOL

My brother loves them though.

Posted By: afrikan gal
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:55am
lol so in short there are no boundaries in comedy. but would a Jewish comedian do a holocaust joke?

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:55am
Bunny do you have an issue with the fact that ppl don't find them funny? Or that some find this offensive?

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:57am
right and Family Guy was off the air for a loong time after their Jewish episode..their 'Wish Upon A Jew' episode. it was deemed too much. they were put back on bc well....people were buying the dvds and the Jews realized they wanted to make money despite being offended.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

Bunny do you have an issue with the fact that ppl don't find them funny? Or that some find this offensive?
no, not at all, like what you want, hate what you want. idc.  Like I said above, everything aint for everybody. Its a free countryLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:59am

zactly.

one does not preclude the other and is truly a tangential point to the OP

I just dont think (in general) you should asked for approval to find something offensive ...

" Guys.. how should I feel about this?... Shape my feelings for me"  

Laughter IMO is like taste... either it taste good or it doesnt..... now if its healthy or not... is another issue.. ideally you want to laugh at the things that are the most healthiest for you right?... but the subjectivity of comedy is such that, its impossible to shape a universal consensus on what is "healthy" comedy.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:03am
^true. but some in here are trying to denigrate the opinions of those who don't find it funny or are offended. idk if anyone who was offended did the same. people just said they were whack or didn't like them as comedians. not "if you are not offended by this something is wrong with you" while conversely those who are not offended are essentially saying "if you are offended something is wrong with you."  it's almost like when white ppl do something and say "that's not offensive."....same level of dismissiveness [not a word i know]

none of that is really necessary. 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:04am

lol so in short there are no boundaries in comedy. but would a Jewish comedian do a holocaust joke?

there shouldnt be..

thats what makes comedy comedy...

Bill Cosby can be a clean comedian.. boom
Eddie Murphy can be a vulgur and funny comedian boom...
Carrot top can use props and build a fan base

the free market of comedy will sort out all those who are and arent funny.... cause at the end of the day... You can't force people to laugh at your jokes.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:04am
oodles, IA 100%

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:05am

Anything can be laughed at. It's very healing, you just have the intelligence on what is satire, educational, or just plain cruel. If you do not than you just need to watch slapstick comedy and keep it simple like your mind.

So insult the intellectual prowess of those who do not share your comedy preferences? Alright, that makes sense. Confused

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:06am
Well, look at some of their other non-race based sketches. Be fair in your judgment BHM.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:14am
still wack.

hmmmmmm....so, that first video seems like the bish video remixed with a different scenario...

-------------

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:15am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

still wack.

hmmmmmm....so, that first video seems like the bish video remixed with a different scenario...

I tried. They are hit and miss.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:18am

lmao, everything aint for everybody.  they got a 2nd season without ur support, whitey & the others may keep them for a few more.   imo, this is no different when I see posters laff at some corny joke or a corny poster.  yall be wooooing it up, lmaoooooooooooooo, posting alladeezDeadLOLCry and rofling talking bout omg you slayed/killed me & bury me in my finest wigs speeches, when I'm looking likeStern Smile cuz the joke wasn't all that funny.   I look at yall ctfu acting a fool & wonder

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:25am
@ lima,  That meegan vid was funny, the man tears not so much.  I can agree that they are hit & miss but so are ALL comedians.   Example: many have regular stand up routines that go ver well, but when they host an awards show, many punchlines fall flat.  Kevin Hart, Chris Rock, the Wayans brothers, Jon Stewart, Chelsea, Dane Cook, Aziz, steve Harvey, etc.....

I aint mad, its the circle of life, just keep on moving

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:36am

@ lima,  That meegan vid was funny, the man tears not so much.  I can agree that they are hit & miss but so are ALL comedians.   Example: many have regular stand up routines that go ver well, but when they host an awards show, many punchlines fall flat.  Kevin Hart, Chris Rock, the Wayans brothers, Jon Stewart, Chelsea, Dane Cook, Aziz, steve Harvey, etc.....

I aint mad, its the circle of life, just keep on moving

I liked that one too. I just posted the first 2 I saw. All comedians are hit and miss too. That is just the nature of comedy. They are making it, so more power to them. I like to see brothas make it. The taller one, Key, is from Detroit, so I think he is cool. That shorter one Keegan, ehhhh, not so much.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:40am

Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

no, not at all, like what you want, hate what you want. idc.  Like I said above, everything aint for everybody. Its a free countryLOL

Oh good, cuz I was about to say! 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:41am

Anything can be laughed at. It's very healing, you just have the intelligence on what is satire, educational, or just plain cruel. If you do not than you just need to watch slapstick comedy and keep it simple like your mind.

So insult the intellectual prowess of those who do not share your comedy preferences? Alright, that makes sense. Confused
LOLLOLLOL

Ermm Yo a$$ is hit and miss too. Sometimes I'm like, "Awwww, poor AJ. Why are people so mean to him?" Other times I'm like, "This motherCensored here..."

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:43am

^true. but some in here are trying to denigrate the opinions of those who don't find it funny or are offended. idk if anyone who was offended did the same. people just said they were whack or didn't like them as comedians. not "if you are not offended by this something is wrong with you" while conversely those who are not offended are essentially saying "if you are offended something is wrong with you."  it's almost like when white ppl do something and say "that's not offensive."....same level of dismissiveness [not a word i know]

none of that is really necessary. 

yea, that's what I was seeing too.

I think Kevin Hart is funny AF but a lot of ppl don't agree. Meh.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:53am
Some "cooning" is not very obvious to me but I've learned to be weary of any Black act that has a huge White draw...

Stop getting your panties in a bunch because someone insinuates that a comedian's act may or may not be offensive. Just because you call yourself a comedian doesn't mean you can't be offensive... sorry, you don't get a 'pass', not from me at least

Many people love Blackface. Are you gonna tell me that Blackface is not offensive but it can only be to your liking or not? GTFOH

People say and do offensive sh*t all the time. Just because you package that sh*t up as "comedy" and put a "funny" bow on it doesn't make it less meaningful

I just dont think (in general) you should asked for approval to find something offensive ...

Laughter IMO is like taste... either it taste good or it doesnt..... now if its healthy or not... is another issue.. ideally you want to laugh at the things that are the most healthiest for you right?... but the subjectivity of comedy is such that, its impossible to shape a universal consensus on what is "healthy" comedy.

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:27pm
that wasn't funny or offensive imo. it just sucked.
they got booed off the stage at a comedy show i went to during the summer LOL

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:37pm
I never find myself peeled over in laughter watching any of their clips

I always feel on the verge of a lil laugh but it never comes for some reason. I suspect it's because they need a few more years of practicing comedy before they perfect their timing and sense of humor

These videos I almost laughed at... I felt like they might not be a lost cause after all

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:41pm

Some "cooning" is not very obvious to me but I've learned to be weary of any Black act that has a huge White draw...

Stop getting your panties in a bunch because someone insinuates that a comedian's act may or may not be offensive. Just because you call yourself a comedian doesn't mean you can't be offensive... sorry, you don't get a 'pass', not from me at least

Many people love Blackface. Are you gonna tell me that Blackface is not offensive but it can only be to your liking or not? GTFOH

People say and do offensive sh*t all the time. Just because you package that sh*t up as "comedy" and put a "funny" bow on it doesn't make it less meaningful

lol... nobodies doing blackface anymore... your 80 year old reference is precisely my point....
its phased out .its not funny... like the 3 stooges 

my second point is that a comedian is the last person whos gonna get me up in arms... 
my first judgment for a comedian is... "well was it funny?" yes... ok cool... No... ok move on.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:43pm
The "Your mom has health problems," one is funny.

Posted By: kkscottdale
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:43pm
martin did whiteface... i don't know if that was offensive to anyone.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:47pm
Wow. Everything you say makes sense to me now

Thank you for responding though... let's just agree to disagree Thumbs Up

lol... nobodies doing blackface anymore... your 80 year old reference is precisely my point....

my second point is that a comedian is the last person whos gonna get me up in arms... 
my first judgment for a comedian is... "well was it funny?" yes... ok cool... No... ok move on.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:56pm
I can't lie. I chuckled at some parts but at the same time...white folks will watch it and it will reinforce their notion that slavery wasn't that bad. Again i understand what they were going for.but we are not in a place where we can "laugh" at this with white folks.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:00pm

Wow. Everything you say makes sense to me now

Thank you for responding though... let's just agree to disagree Thumbs Up

already?

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:03pm
I thought this one was cute.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:07pm
Right!?

They're always looking for reasons to rid themselves of shame over that history
Stuff like this makes it easier for them to... which is why they are so drawn to it

They always complain that "Black people talk about race and history too much" and yet they love sh*t like this

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I can't lie. I chuckled at some parts but at the same time...white folks will watch it and it will reinforce their notion that slavery wasn't that bad. Again i understand what they were going for.but we are not in a place where we can "laugh" at this with white folks.

As far as Key and Peele go... I can see how they could've made this skit with good intentions in mind but at this point, they should know who their audience is, no?

Certainly, it's isn't Black folk alone who are making up the ratings for this show

In it's own way, i think it makes fun of how ridiculous of an institution slavery was while also playing on the reoccurring theme of Key & Peele being perpetual losers in life because of what the state of Blackness means in a White society

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:10pm
LOL

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:24pm
DP.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:27pm
Ok, finally. This is funny LOL

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:28pm

Best one.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:31pm
Ok, they stoopid for that lol

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:31pm
^^^^I liked that one.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:35pm
I hate them.

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:40pm
This one is not bad... and by "bad" i mean Michael Jackson bad Stern Smile

Posted By: teendiva
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:40pm

DAMN! They really are coons!!! And by "coons", I mean the actual definition this time! Shocked

They were on Late Night with jimmy fallon and they played this clip. I didn't laugh, just cringed.

-------------
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else, is the greatest accomplishment.
-My dude Emerson

Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 2:11pm

This one is not bad... and by "bad" i mean Michael Jackson bad Stern Smile

HAHAAAA

Print Page | Close Window