Print Page | Close Window

Nene wants to know why yall love Kim Kardashian

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351445
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 1:44am

Topic: Nene wants to know why yall love Kim Kardashian
Posted By: Babydoll9163
Subject: Nene wants to know why yall love Kim Kardashian
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:40pm
...but don't support her

NeNe Pops Back At The HATERS & Asks Why Blacks Support Kim K. & Not HER

Nov 28 | by http://theybf.com/users/natasha" rel="nofollow - Natasha

Photobucket

NeNe Leakes has some words for the haters...especially those who are quick to support someone like successful-from-a-sex-tape chick Kim Kardashian, but completely critical of NeNe's talents & career.

Check out how she's calling out the black community, plus, how the talented Amel Larrieux is prepping for a comeback...

"Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe gave a telling interview to http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11/27/ebony-cover-with-nene-leakes-unleashes-a-firestorm-of-criticism.html" rel="nofollow - The Daily Beast about the hate she's received after covering the http://theybf.com/2012/10/31/nene-leakes-pours-her-diamonds-in-the-tub-for-ebonys-decemberjanuary-2013-power-cover" rel="nofollow - Power Issue of EBONY magazine .  Whether it was the fact she was being recognized as "powerful" or the pic of her in a tub of diamonds some called tacky--everybody had an opinion.

But the reality star let none of it get to her, an actually called folks to task for supporting sex-tape-comeuppance-publicity-hungry star Kim Kardashian....but not NeNe:

“It’s true and I know you’ve heard it a million times, [African Americans] just don’t support one another,” she says. “But it’s OK for you to go pick up a magazine cover with Kim Kardashian. She’s my girl. We are cool. We talk. We do drinks and all of that. But her story ain’t no different than mine. You know what I mean? I might’ve worked at the strip club, but she made a sex tape.”

NeNe also explained that the flack she caught for making EBONY's Power Issue cover, came mostly from the African American community.  But she's not letting the hate stop her one bit:

“I absolutely deserve to be on the cover...This cover is about money, power, and respect. And it’s about a come-up story and I’m the one that had that story this year … Not only did I come out as a reality star that was very boisterous and vivacious and outspoken and all those things. I flipped that into money and respect. And a lot of people can’t do that.

“But listen to me, definitely all of the negative feedback definitely came from my own; African Americans were the ones that were the most negative,” she continues, adding, “And it’s so funny to me because I would call [the editor] over at Ebony and she would say ‘Girl please, glass houses. That’s all it is. They don’t want to see you on the cover, they don’t really understand the reason why you’re on the cover, they don’t know your story.’

We must say, chick has a few great points.  With her stints on hit tv shows "Glee" and "The New Normal," it's clear she does have actual talent as an actress.  And at some point, folks will possibly respect that and will not call her a famous for nothing chick with no talent--like some other people we know.

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Replies:
Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:42pm
*Sips tea*

This gon' be good.Evil Smile

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:43pm
well isn't Ebony catered to a black audience. did she think her most vocal "haters" were going to be white folk?Wacko

and smh@ Greg taking nene back after she let that old fat tired white man up in her.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:44pm
Lmao.
Nene isn't someone people want to look like.
Ain't nobody checkin' for her fashion.

Posted By: iGotSunshine
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:46pm
aint nobody mad at no NeNe

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

well isn't Eboy catered to a black audience. did she think her most vocal "haters" were going to be white folk?Wacko

and smh@ Greg taking nene back after she let that old fat tired white man up in her.

word on the street is that was all for show and she only divorced him so the irs wouldnt come after her new found money

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:48pm
Where did she get the idea that Kim is loved?

-------------

Posted By: lilbehr
Ne Ne is too hard on my senses....all of them!...trying to make people respect you, then bad mouthing everybody when they don't. That sh*t she pulled on CA w/ Latoya & Starr demonstrates her lack of support for her own peeps & gender.

Posted By: Midna
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Lmao.

And this. I may not outright hate Kim, but I know she and Nene are not ones to be compared.

-------------

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:49pm

Do yo thang Nene

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

well isn't Eboy catered to a black audience. did she think her most vocal "haters" were going to be white folk?Wacko

word on the street is that was all for show and she only divorced him so the irs wouldnt come after her new found money

daaaaaaamn i got to give it to her, she is slick. i'm sure Greg can see right through her but she's bringing home the bacon and he knows the women aint checkin' for him like that. he's accepted the role of being a cuckold and that is sad.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:51pm
Yea I heard that they never really broke up.

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:51pm
What makes her think Blacks support Kim K? I hate when people use deflective tactics to try to guilt people into supporting them. I don't like Kim K, and I don't like Nene either.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:52pm
she got her own thread on here
*shrug*

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

What makes her think Blacks support Kim K? I hate when people use deflective tactics to try to guilt people into supporting them. I don't like Kim K, and I don't like Nene either.
LMFAO thanked

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

she got her own thread on here
*shrug*

So did Nene when her Ebony cover dropped, and when the pics of her with her granddaughter dropped. Kim K's thread are full of hate, so I'm not sure why Nene thinks the Black community loves Kim K. Kim  may actually get more hate than Nene, but Kim is probably used to it, so she doesn't complain.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:57pm
nene got a thread about her
kim has a 50+ page thread dedicated especially for all things kim k because she had too many threads about her

i dunno. you may see that differently

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:58pm
If you disagree with her reasoning/comments then that's whatever.

But yall really finna play like black people don't support the hell out of the Kardashians?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6jVG01t562c/Rlh_nqC166I/AAAAAAAAAAU/ET-zr4BRY5Y/s320/Shaq+face.jpg

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:59pm
She has a point

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:00pm

daaaaaaamn i got to give it to her, she is slick. i'm sure Greg can see right through her but she's bringing home the bacon and he knows the women aint checkin' for him like that. he's accepted the role of being a cuckold and that is sad.

she's smart lol 
sh*t im tryna talk a family member into doing this with her stank husband

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:01pm
yay

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:03pm
I guess Blacks love Kim K then. I see a lot of hate though, but you guys have a point. She is in Black movies, magazines, referenced in Black music, at Black award shows with Black men, and held by many as a Black standard of beauty. I guess she does have Black support. Unhappy

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:06pm
I was always a bit annoyed with the frequent Kim K or Amber Rose threads.

-------------

All of them gurus on youtube trying to make their weaves look like Kim K with that middle part

Posted By: Miss SDY
How about this.

NeNe,

I am not fond of you or Kim K. See, I dislike both of you equally.. Big smile

signed,

Idontcurr and no1elsecurrsEITHER.

*struts out of thread*

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:07pm

she's smart lol 
sh*t im tryna talk a family member into doing this with her stank husband

i don't blame you. i have no sympathy for suckas.

-------------
God bless

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:07pm
With all the kim K make up and hair tutorials I see on youtube by black women...smh

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:08pm
how does she know the "haters" are kim k fans?

-------------
God bless

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

All of them gurus on youtube trying to make their weaves look like Kim K with that middle part

right. Aint nobody trying to do that blonde paper machè on top of they head. Get your life Nene. 

-------------
My mind explodes

Posted By: sexibeach
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

But yall really finna play like black people don't support the hell out of the Kardashians?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6jVG01t562c/Rlh_nqC166I/AAAAAAAAAAU/ET-zr4BRY5Y/s320/Shaq+face.jpg

thank you very much Kim has countless threads up in here. i don't hate on Nene, she has nothing i want to hate her for I don't know her.. i can actually view her for what she is entertainment.. but she's right folks do hate, why i don't know.. and the only time in years i saw black folks support each other was for Travon Martin.. they actually came together and did something, oh yea for the election,even the president got haters, but that's all. most the time the only time we come together is to eat. 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:10pm

so the IRS wouldn't come after it or so he couldn't?

(insert a harpo who these people.  I do remember nene's name from a beef with Star jones)

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: CaramelKittyKat
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I guess Blacks love Kim K then. I see a lot of hate though, but you guys have a point. She is in Black movies, magazines, referenced in Black music, at Black award shows with Black men, and held by many as a Black standard of beauty. I guess she does have Black support. Unhappy

Exactly! & not to mention all of her black friends like lala & industry people coming to her defense saying "leave kim alone" & things of that nature. You don't see any white people trying to defend kim k (besides her fam). Blacks cling to Kim k for some reason, but crucify any black vixen who poses in king mag or does a music video or something...this bish did a SEX TAPE & released it on purpose & tried to play like it was stolen. Smh.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

Guuuuuuurl!LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

so the IRS wouldn't come after it or so he couldn't?

(insert a harpo who these people.  I do remember nene's name from a beef with Star jones)

LOLNeNe is the star of RHOA and she has a recurring role on Glee and the New Normal 

and so the IRS wouldnt come after her

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

right. Aint nobody trying to do that blonde paper machè on top of they head. Get your life Nene. 

LOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCryCryDeadDeadDeadDead

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:19pm
she is correct.

she also never divorced Greg. They needed a storyline.  now that she has moved on, they don't need to do that anymore

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:27pm

Nene is off-putting

Every minute she's ramming down our throats how she's on this and that show, how she's so powerful, the Trump checks she's cashing, the housewives she's brought on the show, blah blah fishcake

Maybe if she shut the fvck up we might acknowledge her accomplishments Pinch

Posted By: lovelife
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:32pm

Lmao.

i read the title and this is exactly what came to my mind LOL

-------------
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: lilbehr
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Miss SDY Miss SDY wrote:

LOLLOLLOLLOLCryCryCryCryDeadDeadDeadDead

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:37pm
Cuz Kim is hot. Duh. 

-------------
yo

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:40pm

LOLNeNe is the star of RHOA and she has a recurring role on Glee and the New Normal 

and so the IRS wouldnt come after her

Thank you.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:42pm
I don't get why negros l are wild over KimK either.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:45pm
I bout died when Star J was on Ellen show(?) during her beef with Nene and Ellen asked her had she seen Nene since the Apprentice show and Star gave Ellen this look and said "Me, seen her? No. she don't go where I go."  That was shade I think.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:48pm
she is big, black, loud, and dark. case closed

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:50pm

People with money never brag about it like her . I think she needs people to praise her to feel good about herself .

-------------
God will never let you down.
Avi.. Bobby Brown and brother Tommy after singing at MY DAD Funeral. RIP..

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:51pm

UMMMM don't nobody wanna rock gold pixie cuts. I already told yall about my mimi wig flying off my head clear across Disney Universal Studios. Sorry NeNe...KK still gets my #middlepartflippedflatironcurlsin20inchesandlonger#.

Ok NeNe i'll wear a side part if that makes you feel better.

-------------
Russell hired me to police those who STAR these non-sensical threads!!!He said I should feel free to point them out!!

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:57pm

I bout died when Star J was on Ellen show(?) during her beef with Nene and Ellen asked her had she seen Nene since the Apprentice show and Star gave Ellen this look and said "Me, seen her? No. she don't go where I go."  That was major shade  I think.

-------------
My mind explodes

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:57pm

I bout died when Star J was on Ellen show(?) during her beef with Nene and Ellen asked her had she seen Nene since the Apprentice show and Star gave Ellen this look and said "Me, seen her? No. she don't go where I go."  That was major shade  I think.

LOL

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: BoutThatLife
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:59pm

Lmao.

I fcks with Nene but this is why and it has less to do with fashion
Nene is a black woman and many black people are so harsh to our own but will uplift a yt every damn time

-------------
I AM THE AUTHOR OF MY OWN SCRIPT AND I PLAY BY MY RULES.

POSITIVITY + LOVE AND ALL GOOD THINGS SURROUND ME

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

Where did she get the idea that Kim is loved?

She IS loved, like it or not

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

she is big, black, loud, and dark. case closed

LOL

-------------
yo

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:05pm
Half of what she is saying is true.
I support whomever I want to irrespective of race.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: ImThatDiva
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:06pm
I also choose not to support people irrespective of their race. If I don't like what you're advertising, I'm not going to buy what you are selling.

-------------
Mrs.ImThatModdlessDiva
TWERKIN' MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CARS DRIVE PAST
DRIVERS CRASH AND I'M LOWDOWN
-Midna

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:11pm
I can't decide who I think about less......

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:21pm
Why is her face 3 shades lighter than her body?

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:26pm
I don't really watch HWO anything regularly.  But what I have seen NeNe is very abrasive. 

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:37pm
I aint checking for either of them so......

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 9:38pm
she stripped ?? the visual is not pretty

im surprised though because she is such a prude on the show

Posted By: bk2la981
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 11:20pm
Friends don't bring up friend's sex tapes. everyone knows how she got famous and we can talk about it, but a friend isn't supposed to do that. What a b!tch! Maybe that's the reason people don't like her

Posted By: laceyfront
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 11:55pm
It's cause Nene's ugly imho.

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 11:57pm
I'm not pro either one of them. Kudos to NeNe for getting her ish together, but I don't know if I'd look at her as a role model considering some of the ratchet behavior she's exhibited in the past. Likewise to Kim K for her poor decision making skills. Being business savvy vs being role model worthy are two VERY different things. 

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 4:58am
i wish they would both burst into a ball of flames and vanish

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: miamiu27
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 6:01am
Not nice Afro.

I am not a fan of Kim, NeNe is cool.

-------------
I don't have time to complain. Take off your bedroom slippers put on your marching shoes! Shake it off, Stop complaining, Stop grumbling, Stop Crying and We are gonna Press On, We got Work to Do!!

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:30am
With all these 50+ Kim K. threads on here, a good amount of the people on BHM checking for Kim K.
She got a fashion thread and everything..

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:49am
I dont support neither one of them skanks. 

Posted By: Spokenword
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 9:51am

I get where nene is coming from, but their past (stripper & sex tape) has nothing to do with it. Nene is loud, appears bitter/negative at times and over the top at times. I applaud her for her come up; i don't knock anyone’s hustle, but don't care for her personality.

I don't care for her or Kim k. but I think if Kim was loud, obnoxious and bitter, people would prob have more to say about her too. however, she does not (well, i don't watch her show so don't know) but people are just drawn to her look, fashion sense and ability to have black men on lock.

Posted By: modelbusiness82
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:42am
I think with Kim K, the backlash is because clearly she (and her fam) are attention hounds. Any news is good news even if it makes them look like train wrecks - at least they're still in the public eye. However, I don't knock her hustle and ability to convince ppl to buy her cheap shoes on ShoeDazzle or license (whore out) the Kardashian name and turn it into an enterprise. 

-------------
digital entertainment marketer -
BASM Blog: www.bigapplestyle.com

Posted By: tasty0619
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:47am
Nene is cool, but I think they could have found someone more...accomplished and an all around better choice for Nene.

Ion like the K-Klan, but I respect their hustle. I don't like that Kim was seen as some exotic goddess for her body when many BW have that same shape and are not regarded (in mass media)

-------------
Visit my accessory store to view my handmade designs!! www.etsy.com/shop/modishness

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i wish they would both burst into a ball of flames and vanish

Wow, that's harsh! Ouch
But I lol'd...

-------------
Going through a quarter life crisis. Judge me if you will. No fcks will be given though.

Don't call a b*tch a b*tch unless you like the b*tch

Print Page | Close Window