Print Page | Close Window

Another safety thread: Do you carry...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351370
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 6:24pm

Topic: Another safety thread: Do you carry...
Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Subject: Another safety thread: Do you carry...
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 9:58am
Do you own or carry anything for self-protection? mace/pepper spray, pocket knife, gun, large stick Stern Smile
Seriously, some of the ladies in my mom's neighborhood who go walking when it's cooler in the evening carry a wooden stick to ward off attackers.

Do you think you could think fast enough to use it?

After an incident yesterday evening, I ordered a pocket knife. And I keep pepper spray on my keychain. Looking back, I could have been smarter and faster with the way I went about things. Luckily, I lived and I learned.

Replies:
Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:00am
nah,i dont carry anything. I should though, but my area is really peaceful.

-------------

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:00am
Hug Damn Southern...I'm sorry that happened. Yes I carry a weapon. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

-------------
You gon get this work Nicca

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:07am
i made a thread last month about safety apps last month.  I hope everyone has at least one of the apps mentioned.  I tried to order a pretty, pink, tazer & mace but they weren't allowed to ship it to me cuz of NY laws.

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

Hug Damn Southern...I'm sorry that happened. Yes I carry a weapon. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

i like that saying...but damn Jewels! I aint ever running up on you.

No I dont carry a weapon. I wanted to carry mase or a taser gun but those are both illegal in DC. so I stick to making men walk with me at night and avoiding dangerous situations. but ppl are being attacked in broad daylight now smdh

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:09am
bunnyah i did read your thread. thanks for the info

and thank you jewlz

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:11am
another thing my mom always tells me. It's xmas season and mofos is stealing. they may not be in fashion, but carry a cross the body bag instead of a hand or shoulder bag, especially at big parking lots like the mall and walmart. the latter is easier to grab

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:15am
yes
mace, pep spray, knives
have knives in my car and my own mixture of chemicals in a spray bottle in my trunk

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:17am
my dad got mugged once...well idk mugged...the guys had stolen stuff and were trying to hide near his job and he was walking outside. they hit him with the butt of their gun and he fought back and stuff. i've never been more scared in my life seeing him bruised up like that. please be careful everyone!

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

i made a thread last month about safety apps last month.  I hope everyone has at least one of the apps mentioned.  I tried to order a pretty, pink, tazer & mace but they weren't allowed to ship it to me cuz of NY laws.
If you really need it bun pm me, we could work something out.

-------------

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:22am
I don't have anything on me when I'm out, because DC is so opposed to self-defense rights. At most, I carry a sock full of change and a pocket knife.

Be careful with whatever you get. My niece was recently attacked with her own taser gun, then was fined for carrying a taser gun in the first place.

I keep everything that would be in my wallet at my boob, and just caary a purse for decoration.

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:22am
I carry a pocket knife very similar to this but all black

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:24am
I was reading up on pocket knives. switch blades are illegal. but folding knives and open assist (next best thing to switch blade) knives are legal to carry (in all states from what i've read) as long as they blade is 3 inches or less

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:26am
I know this might sound crazy, but I suggest:

you also have a very defensive walk/stance. If someone is walking near you and you feel uncomfortable, don't show any fear, spit, start rapping a hard ass rap lyric...anything to show you're not no punk...

If you know you're going to be out late at night by yourself, make sure you have on pants/jeans & sneakers or low heel boots just in case you have to fight or run.

I also tie my hair up or put a hat on cause an attacker can come up from behind and grab you by your hair.

Take your headphones out, and pay attention to your surroundings.

If you do have a weapon, keep it ready, even if you don't feel a threat, cause you never know.

-------------

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

I don't have anything on me when I'm out, because DC is so opposed to self-defense rights. At most, I carry a sock full of change and a pocket knife.

Be careful with whatever you get. My niece was recently attacked with her own taser gun, then was fined for carrying a taser gun in the first place.

I keep everything that would be in my wallet at my boob, and just caary a purse for decoration.

See thats my biggest fear--that the weapon I got would be used against me...is your niece OK?

When I used to jog, I kept pepper spray on me.  Used it on a few dogs that came too close for comfort.  I need to get a new mace/pp spray now.

-------------
Everyone has a role in life. We all can't be CEO's somebody gotta take the orders at Mickey D's & the KFC's -Jewelsync

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:27am
That knife is dope G. The laws are very strict here in nyc too...but it is what it is. If you gonna fine me for protecting myself, then that's what you gonna have to do.

-------------

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:29am

hmmmmm...my mom always tought me to use my keys as a weapon to poke a mofos eye out...

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:30am

I know this might sound crazy, but I suggest:

you also have a very defensive walk/stance. If someone is walking near you and you feel uncomfortable, don't show any fear, spit, start rapping a hard ass rap lyric...anything to show you're not no punk...

If you know you're going to be out late at night by yourself, make sure you have on pants/jeans & sneakers or low heel boots just in case you have to fight or run.

I also tie my hair up or put a hat on cause an attacker can come up from behind and grab you by your hair.

Take your headphones out, and pay attention to your surroundings.

If you do have a weapon, keep it ready, even if you don't feel a threat, cause you never know.

I watch a lot of the I.D. channel
I don't know if it helped or not, but one thing I did was take a good look at home to let him know "hey, i see your face. i can identify you to the police (even though i dont have on my glasses and can't see sh*t)." 
of course that could have backfired, and they may kill you cuz they know you've seen their face. 
so I don't know

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:31am
if you're not the violent type, you can always use a self defense flashlight or a tactical flashlight to stun or blind. that will give you some time to escape and call for help.

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:32am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

hmmmmm...my mom always tought me to use my keys as a weapon to poke a mofos eye out...

we were taught that in college. my keys are usually in my hands like a weapon
and to wear your hair up
i also have long nails so i could probably hurt someone with that
tbh...i think a weapon could be used against me by a savvier person
i just try to remember things from kickboxing about where to kick and strike 

i typically let people walk in front of me

-------------

Posted By: Bunnyahh
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:32am

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

If you really need it bun pm me, we could work something out.
Embarrassed You made my Heart skip a beat.  I just may take yuo up on that.   I remember when I worked for the post office I had access to mace cuz of the dogs, but that was years ago & even the store that used to sell it doesn't sell them anymore.  The one can I have hasn't been sprayed in 12 yrs & idk if it will work todayConfused.  I dont wanna be in a dangerous situation to find out. 

I ALSO bookmarked a thread & yt vid that gkisses posted on how to turn a camera into a taser.  I have yet to get my Macguyver on & actually do it, but it looked interesting

-------------
Hi BHM!! Lovely day I'm having. How about you?

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:35am
I dont pay attention to knife laws to be honest. If someone run up..they will learn. I pop it out at all times. As soon as i get off that trans at nite my LED Flashlight and knife is out. I got it from a gasless "gas station"  in the D and had my dad sharpen it.
The same place sold theseLOL my sister has one she found under her bed... but i aint trying to throw shhh

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:36am
^i remember that...can you post it again?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:36am
geeeezus that's some ninja shyt! lol

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

we were taught that in college. my keys are usually in my hands like a weapon
and to wear your hair up
i also have long nails so i could probably hurt someone with that
tbh...i think a weapon could be used against me by a savvier person
i just try to remember things from kickboxing about where to kick and strike 

i typically let people walk in front of me

yeah...i am very observant.  i'm always checking out my scenery.  who is doing what.  formulating exit strategies and the whole nine in my mind...lol

-------------

dacoldesteva

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:38am
Naw I'm a freeze gal myself.

I plan on getting a gun when I move again though.
I've taken some RAD classes since...wonder if they helped any.

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by James Avery James Avery wrote:

if you're not the violent type, you can always use a self defense flashlight or a tactical flashlight to stun or blind. that will give you some time to escape and call for help.
yep that's what I have.

-------------

Posted By: James Avery
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I dont pay attention to knife laws to be honest. If someone run up..they will learn. I pop it out at all times. As soon as i get off that trans at nite my LED Flashlight and knife is out. I got it from a gasless "gas station"  in the D and had my dad sharpen it.
The same place sold theseLOL my sister has one she found under her bed... but i aint trying to throw shhh

yo that's the same weapon dude used in Krull

FF to 1:10

-------------
God bless

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:42am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Naw I'm a freeze gal myself.

I plan on getting a gun when I move again though.
I've taken some RAD classes since...wonder if they helped any.

My friend just got her license to carry and her gun...now shes almost waiting for someone to "nut up".. I was semi amused and scared at the same time when she said that. I think I have to get more comfortable with a gun before I own one. Im to clumsy and paranoid. But shooting one at the range is one hell of an erotic rush...I even turned it to the side when i let off a fewCool but the guy to me to stopOuch

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:43am
lmfao@JA

-------------

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:44am
I've hunted since I was a little girl with my granny so I'm used to shotguns and such.
Shot a couple pistols .

I just hope I remember to use it

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:45am
i want a gun but i have a psychiatric history Stern Smile

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:52am
Outside of a controlled environment Ive only shot a bb gun and a cap gun. 

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

See thats my biggest fear--that the weapon I got would be used against me...is your niece OK?

When I used to jog, I kept pepper spray on me.  Used it on a few dogs that came too close for comfort.  I need to get a new mace/pp spray now.

She's fine, just shook.

Have you checked into the Defuser pepper spray? It supposedly deactivates when detached from from its user.

-------------
Life is good!

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i want a gun but i have a psychiatric history Stern Smile

hey, it be like that sometimes
my ass would still try and get one

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:01am

Whatever you get, please learn to use it properly!

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:05am
I work evenings so I carry pepper spray and a cross body purse for walks to the parking lot alone.

-------------
"It's not what you're called but what you answer to that will define who you are."

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:07am
I'm currently looking about a metal baseball bat to keep by my bed
I also want a tazer, but I suspect it might be illegal in my city. I'll double check
Some pepper spray too. I've heard women can pick it up at the police station, but I don't know how true that is.
I currently carry a box cutter, as well as my keys between my index and middle fingers to poke eyes out

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I'm currently looking about a metal baseball bat to keep by my bed
I also want a tazer, but I suspect it might be illegal in my city. I'll double check
Some pepper spray too. I've heard women can pick it up at the police station, but I don't know how true that is.
I currently carry a box cutter, as well as my keys between my middle and ring figer to poke eyes out

that's where my mom got me my first one. 
my second one i ordered off of amazon.com
ive also seen pink ones at rite aid and sears auto shop

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:13am
Wow, I never knew you could buy pepper spray. I'll definitely pass by the police station for some.

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:20am

Yes and please make sure they are ready to use at a split second! If yyoure attacked the person will not give u a time out to get your ish. "Hang on there attacker man, lemme get my mace" *fumbles through purse*

-------------
"It's not what you're called but what you answer to that will define who you are."

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

Yes and please make sure they are ready to use at a split second! If yyoure attacked the person will not give u a time out to get your ish. "Hang on there attacker man, lemme get my mace" *fumbles through purse*

2chainz keychainz!

Posted By: solicitfashion
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:28am

This!!!!
And yes I carry and frequent the range often.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:33am
I carry a pepper spray keychain I bought off of amazon and put on my keys. I've never practiced whipping it out to see I'd be fast enough if I ever did have to use it. I do know it's strong as hell though since my brother sprayed it in his face and burned his eyes.

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:54am
This guy gave me a heavy duty flash light and asked me to keep it by my bed at all times. It's easier to grab and use with one hand than a baseball bat.

I used to carry mace all the time but stopped cuz I had to go through scanners at work.

Carry a pen or pencil on you, it's a simple weapon to stab with.

Also remember to have ur keys and phone in hand to throw ur purse far away and run in the opposite direction. Most attackers are after ur possessions.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 12:09pm
A friend of mine was followed in her car recently. 
Do you know where your closest police station is? do you keep enough gas in your car to get there if you had to?

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 1:37pm
bump for positivity and kumbaya 

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 2:19pm
I  carry tear gas/pepper spray on my keychain and I have another one that looks like lipstick in my purse; also one that looks like penlight in my arm rest in car. I keep a  box cutter in my glove box. (also have  tear gas/pepper spray in several locations around the house)

I used to 'tote' my gun on me but I have started leaving that at home since I'm not out like I used to be, but I think I need to put it back in my purse after some recent incidents.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 2:33pm
just a word of caution, if you get tear gas/pepper spray please don't test it out inside to see if it works (like I did). I went into the bathroom downstairs and closed the door and sprayed a TINY bit of the spray the commode, just to make sure I knew how to hit the 'spray button' /practice.
That stuff burned my eyes and throat so bad I had to leave the house. My throat felt like it was closing. It was unbearable. Then, silly me, got the bright idea to turn on the bathroom   exhaust fan to get rid of the gas, and that just circulated it thru the house and made it worse LOL.

It was hilarious, but it taught me that if I do ever have to use this spray on someone, I need to be running while I'm spraying or I will be incapacitated too.  That stuff is powerful!

eta: also if you're into camping, it will supposedly take down a bear too.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

just a word of caution, if you get tear gas/pepper spray please don't test it out inside to see if it works (like I did). I went into the bathroom downstairs and closed the door and sprayed a TINY bit of the spray the commode, just to make sure I knew how to hit the 'spray button' /practice.
That stuff burned my eyes and throat so bad I had to leave the house. My throat felt like it was closing. It was unbearable. Then, silly me, got the bright idea to turn on the bathroom   exhaust fan to get rid of the gas, and that just circulated it thru the house and made it worse LOL.

It was hilarious, but it taught me that if I do ever have to use this spray on someone, I need to be running while I'm spraying or I will be incapacitated too.  That stuff is powerful!

eta: also if you're into camping, it will supposedly take down a bear too.
LOL thanks for the advice Purp...

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:04pm
sure Jewels. Hub got a good LOL at me over that when I told him about it. 

I like that sprayer tho because it  says it shoots out 6 feet so you can hit someone before they are close to you (or an animal if necessary). But I need to get some regular mace that I can use at a close distance without harming myself. And add that to the arsenal too lol.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:05pm
I want to order a knife and some mace but of course I live in the few states that it can't be shipped to

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by fairyQueen092 fairyQueen092 wrote:

I want to order a knife and some mace but of course I live in the few states that it can't be shipped to
If you got fam in a state that permits it, have them order and then ship it to you. Wink

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:25pm
I'm freaking loaded. I like to think of myself as a predator assassion.. who doesn't exactly assassinate. LOL

But I got pepper spray, a trick cell phone stun gun, a flashlight stun gun, kitty ear brass knuckles, lipstick knife.. yeah man~

Midna's loaded.

-------------

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:41pm
this thread makes me sad.

i carry pepper spray and a switchblade. btw, the one switchblade that is illegal is the one that goes straight out when the button is pressed, the one that goes out in an arc isn't illegal. at least that's how it is in my old state. I have the one that goes straight out. yeah its illegal, but so is the person that's attacking me and i needed to defend myself. i have had to use it once in college, and it made me sick, but the alternative was worse.

i also have some razors in my car. i keep a tire iron in my backseat.

be sure to check under your car too, before you get in. ppl can hide under cars and swipe your achilles heel.

park under lights.

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I'm freaking loaded. I like to think of myself as a predator assassion.. who doesn't exactly assassinate. LOL

But I got pepper spray, a trick cell phone stun gun, a flashlight stun gun, kitty ear brass knuckles, lipstick knife.. yeah man~

Midna's loaded.

where did u get that from?

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: fairyQueen092
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:49pm

If you got fam in a state that permits it, have them order and then ship it to you. Wink

Hmmm

-------------
Bhm sucks. Lets see how long it will take to get siggys back -__-

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 3:54pm

would that be the same as the company shipping it to you? or is that just a risk you have to take?

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:07pm
Purp... I dont think 6 ft is accurate. Can u test it out and let us know? Research purposes

And naw i dont have but I need to go buy some today. I had to ask a supervisor how quickly would i be fired for using it lol.. i rather lose my job than my life though

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Purp... I dont think 6 ft is accurate. Can u test it out and let us know? Research purposes

And naw i dont have but I need to go buy some today. I had to ask a supervisor how quickly would i be fired for using it lol.. i rather lose my job than my life though

lol is this a test LOL

I'm not falling for it.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:28pm
Lol maybe.

I'm bored and wanted to read another funny story

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:29pm
but if I ever run up on a bear I hope it works at 12 feet away lol. I don't want it to get too close.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:34pm
Studying American Kenpo (4 years) . In Arizona, you don't need a license to carry, will also be taking gun lessons.

Posted By: AmyAmyAmy
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:41pm
i need some self defence lessons.

Don't know if ill be fast enough though(when using pepper spray or use it correct)

-------------

You haven't arrived until your twitter is verified.

Posted By: zsazsa
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 5:10pm
Man it's fukking sad that we as humans have to live this way - on the lookout all the time. I don't even like getting in the car at night.

I envy celebs and their bodyguards. I need one, lol. 

Carrying a weapon you have to be prepared to use it. And that takes a certain type of strength that I don't think I possess. In fact it's like handling your attacker a weapon. What happens when your mind just goes blank. I think I would DIE of shock. 

Humans are dangerous. 

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 6:17pm
I never leave home without my taser. I really want to use it on someone.Evil Smile

-------------
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 6:19pm
I don't have my gun on me currently so I carry pepper spray in my purse, I always forget about it. :/

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

I don't have my gun on me currently so I carry pepper spray in my purse, I always forget about it. :/

this is why I stopped carrying my gun in my purse. Nothing like remembering you have a gun in your purse when you're in a security line. I missed going into the Holocast Memorial museum with my GF and godson at the museum opening because I remembered at almost last minute in the search line, Dang! I have a gun in my purse LOL . *exits line*

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I carry a pocket knife very similar to this but all black

I also carry one similar to this, its blue

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:21pm
and mace. and i try to look as mean as possible when im out alone, that doesnt take much since i apparently look that way all the time Ermm

-------------

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:31pm
I have a blade that looks like an ink en I got from the ALSIP Flea Flea. Wink

I have a taser that is police force AND some pepperspray.

-------------
She hurt feelings, she break hearts
She stay quiet, she play smart
She take pride, in going out
Getting hollered at, and saying nah....

Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 8:33pm

would that be the same as the company shipping it to you? or is that just a risk you have to take?

This is how I had to get all my stuff when I lived in Chi.

-------------
She hurt feelings, she break hearts
She stay quiet, she play smart
She take pride, in going out
Getting hollered at, and saying nah....

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:35pm
I carry pepper spray & I aways have it in my hand. I actually had to use it several years ago and it came in handy. i used to carry a knife, but i lost it. I plan on getting my fire arms permit before feb next year.

Posted By: AffirmativeBunny
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:45pm
Saw these on Tumblr the other day

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:12pm
i dont carry anything at the moment, but i had been looking into some stuff. i cant carry a gun, i'd be in jail, and not even over anything serious.

-------------

Posted By: stacks
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:46pm
wasn't comfortable w/how secluded my mother's new house is so I left her w/my 9 last time I was able to ride out n see her. All I got now is my derringer but plan to buy another 9 and a 12 gauge whenever I get back to VA

Posted By: Organic
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 11:57pm
When I go running in the park I carry a knife. It has a chain around the handle, so I pull the chain over my finger like a ring and grip the handle. I keep the blade opened. I am definitely fast enough to use it, and I'm going straight for the throat to kill.

I don't carry anything else. 

I was leaving the store a few nights ago and a guy followed me out and came right up to my car. Luckily there was a security guard parked next to me because the guy tried to open my car door. 

Maybe I should get some mace...

-------------
Cut from full hip to full waist
Maxi Glide with coconut oil
Pin curls
VOILA!

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 1:25am
i actually like these!

http://www.defensedevices.com/catkeychain.html

http://www.defensedevices.com/cat-keychain-metal.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=22209859648&utm_content=pla&gclid=CM7XrJGR8bMCFcU-MgodNFoATg

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 5:55am
I WISH a mofo WOULD run up on me!

SMH.  I have found that a certain stance is enough to keep even the craziest crazies at bay.

But yeah, I'm locked and loaded.  Having been there and done that, I takes no chances.

Ya'll need to get a keychain weapon, looks like brass knuckles, but is pointed and sharp.

I WISH a mofo WOULD!!!  Talk about sliced and diced! 

But , I don't go looking for trouble either.

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 6:02am
When I lived in Brooklyn, I carried mace and when I was walking alone at night from the train station I would have my key in my hand so that the sharp part would stick through my knuckles...

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 6:08am
I don't carry anything

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:09am
hmm, brass knuckles sounds like it would be convenient since u can just wear them and react, where would they sell these?

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

When I go running in the park I carry a knife. It has a chain around the handle, so I pull the chain over my finger like a ring and grip the handle. I keep the blade opened. I am definitely fast enough to use it, and I'm going straight for the throat to kill.

I was leaving the store a few nights ago and a guy followed me out and came right up to my car. Luckily there was a security guard parked next to me because the guy tried to open my car door. 

\
wtf? Confused this is exactly why i lock my doors FIRST. Glad you're okay

-------------

Posted By: Miss SDY
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 7:41am
I have a small pink stun gun, a box cutter, and some mase. I plan to take classes and get my concealed weapon license..

Things have gotten too real these days.

I also always have my keys to where I can stab, poke, and scratch at any given time.

-------------
http://daisypath.com" rel="nofollow">

NL----[SL]----APL----BSB----BSL

Closing in on APL!!!

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:30am
Damn y'all be slicing and dicing mofos

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:37am
glad you're okay Organic 

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

i dont carry anything at the moment, but i had been looking into some stuff. i cant carry a gun, i'd be in jail, and not even over anything serious.

yes honey.
u and me both

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

\
wtf? Confused this is exactly why i lock my doors FIRST. Glad you're okay

Oh, my doors were LOCKED, but he still tried to open it. I wasn't that concerned because the security guard was in the car next to me watching us, so I felt safe for the most part.

I think the guy was high on something because when I saw him in the store, he definitely looked 'off' - his eyes were red and glazed over (he was checking out ahead of me). As I left the store, he was apparently waiting for me because he walked out BEHIND me, even though he had left BEFORE me. He called out to me, but I kept walking. He picked up his pace and just as I heard him coming up more quickly behind me, I saw the security guard's car lights flashing beside my car. As I stepped into my car and closed the door, I immediately hit the 'lock' button, and he was pulling on the door handle.

I really hate that women are prey. If I were with a man I'm sure this wouldn't have happened Sleepy.

-------------
Pin curls
VOILA!

Date Posted: Nov 28 2012 at 12:50pm

glad you're okay Organic 

Thanks, Southern. I wouldn't hesitate to cut him, though LOL.  Heaven forbid if I'm ever in a situation where I have to protect myself because I don't believe in simply 'disabling'. I believe in killing. It is what it is. 

-------------
Pin curls
VOILA!

Print Page | Close Window