Print Page | Close Window

Would you die for your pet?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351342
Printed Date: Dec 11 2018 at 10:21am

Topic: Would you die for your pet?
Posted By: goodm3
Subject: Would you die for your pet?
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 2:55pm
I don't love pets enough to own one...so i'm definitely not chasing after them.

Link: http://gma.yahoo.com/teen-parents-swept-away-dog-rescue-155310944--abc-news-topstories.html

Teen, Parents Swept Out to Sea Trying to Rescue Dog

A teenager and his parents were swept out to sea one by one after the boy tried to save their pet dog, which was overtaken by 10-foot-waves while running on the beach.

The family, which included the parents, son, a daughter and their dog were at Big Lagoon beach, about 30 miles north of Eureka, Calif., on Saturday when the incident occurred, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.

The dog was playing fetch with a stick on the steep beach when the 10-foot-swell came in, according to Coast Guard Lt. Bernie Garrigan.

"The beach is incredibly steep, and we had 10 foot swells... come through there Saturday, and it is really really steep, so the 10 foot waves smashes directly on the beach. They were throwing a stick for the dog, and the dog ran too close to the water and got pulled in," Garrigan said.

When the dog was overtaken by the wave and pulled out into the ocean, the 16-year-old boy went in after him and it was quickly apparent that the boy was in trouble.

The parents then went in to rescue the boy, according to Garrigan. All three were pulled out to sea. The dog managed to find its way back on shore and survived.

The daughter never entered the water, Garrigan said.

The Coast Guard did not release the names of the family members.

The Coast Guard and Humboldt County Sheriff's Department responded to a 911 call about the individuals in the water, sending a helicopter and two rescue boats to scour the water.

The bodies of the parents were found onshore later Saturday. The search for the boy continued Saturday and Sunday but was suspended today. Garrigan said the sheriff's department was making periodic checks of the beach.

"The Coast Guard gives our condolences to the family. We have done and are doing all we can," he said.

Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 2:58pm
That dog is the devil.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 2:59pm
-

Posted By: mochacaramel
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:00pm
smh r.i.p this could very well happen to my family kuz i kno if gizmo or shaka got swept up by a wave ma first instinct would be to save them i wouldnt even be thinkin i could die doin this smh this is sad

-------------
love that lil waist sh*t,,damn dem hips just sit out,,now i see who all dese hatin girls be talkn sh*t bout

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:01pm
My mama said, "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." So for the first time ever, I'm gonna listen to what she said, and  Im gonna just walk out of this thread.

Posted By: EasterBell
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:06pm
I like my dog.. However, if his bad azz pulled something like this, He better hope he live cause I ain't going in after him. If he don't, my condolence and I'm finally dog free..

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:08pm
Wow… may they RIP.

-------------

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:12pm
Omg
This made me giggle "The dog managed to find its way back on shore and survived."

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:14pm
so sad. I've heard about this happening with a person going into a burning house to save the pet, and somehow they don't make it out alive, but the pet gets out fine (or was already out). I've thought about this and what we would do in a fire;.

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: PRnena
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:16pm
Yt

-------------
I keep forgetting everyone on BHM is a 10 with a faithful man and nothing but designer in their closet.

11 months since BC- 1/24/12

( I use BHM on my phone guys)

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:18pm
nope

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:18pm
my first instinct would have been to save M.D.
that said, i dont let his ass off a leash when outside

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:20pm
Yes, I think it was instinct for the son to go in and I'm sure he thought it wasn't that bad. After the son couldn't get back, I can definitely see why the parents went in to save him (the son, not the dog).

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:21pm
Animals are self sufficient.
Why do people feel they need to save them?

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:22pm
Crazy animal lovers are ...crazy.

I would yell and whistle and all that good business but I'm not risking my life for an animal.
Seriously?

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:23pm
I've always had this urge to take M.D. into a pool and see if he innately knows how to swim.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:23pm
no

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

The dog managed to find its way back on shore and survived.

Stern Smile

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:25pm

I'd try to get help. If I were around when my dog died, I would have tried to save him, but not if it risked my life.

I love animals a lot but I'm a human. They don't compare.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:25pm
I don't want to die but if I can save them I would. I'm not going to sit there and watch them die. That would hurt my soul. 

-------------
yo

Posted By: Limalady
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:26pm
My dog would just have to die, but he is too smart to jump into a large body of water or a burning building. My dog is scared of the damn stairs.

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

My dog would just have to die, but he is too smart to jump into a large body of water or a burning building. My dog is scared of the damn stairs.

this is why I wonder what my pets would do if the house was on fire. They are afraid of everything and everyone except us. If they were here alone and the firemen were trying to get to them, they would hideLOL because they're scared of people LOL. If we ran out and called to them, they probably wouldn't come because of all the fire trucks, they'd be scared.

I just hope their natural instinct to run from the heat would kick in and they would find an opening to escape and hide in the woods or something. But knowing them they would hide in the deepest corner in the basement and burn up.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

this is why I wonder what my pets would do if the house was on fire. They are afraid of everything and everyone except us. If they were here alone and the firemen were trying to get to them, they would hideLOL because they're scared of people LOL. If we ran out and called to them, they probably wouldn't come because of all the fire trucks, they'd be scared.

I just hope their natural instinct to run from the heat would kick in and they would find an opening to escape and hide in the woods or something. But knowing them they would hide in the deepest corner and burn up.

my house flooded once while I was gone. came home and that negro was just sitting on the couch.
He won't go in corners, but he'd probably hide under the bed and they'd have to pull him out. 
Also, he doesn't bark. so if we need help, i'm sh1t outta luck

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:34pm

I just hope their natural instinct to run from the heat would kick in and they would find an opening to escape and hide in the woods or something. But knowing them they would hide in the deepest corner in the basement and burn up.

That sounds exactly like my dog, except he loves people. LOL He runs up to strangers all the time. He is scared of loud noises though. If a fire started and there were sirens going, and I was calling him from outside, he would probably hide in the deepest corner of the apartment and burn up. Damn dogs. Well, I pray to never be in that situation.

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:35pm
^^lol @ sitting on couch. I could see our cats doing that too -- climbing their cat tree and sitting there waiting on US (and us only) to rescue them.  

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

I just hope their natural instinct to run from the heat would kick in and they would find an opening to escape and hide in the woods or something. But knowing them they would hide in the deepest corner and burn up.

my house flooded once while I was gone. came home and that negro was just sitting on the couch.
He won't go in corners, but he'd probably hide under the bed and they'd have to pull him out. 
Also, he doesn't bark. so if we need help, i'm sh1t outta luck

He was probably calm as hell. At least he was safe.

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:38pm

That sounds exactly like my dog, except he loves people. LOL He runs up to strangers all the time. He is scared of loud noises though. If a fire started and there were sirens going, and I was calling him from outside, he would probably hide in the deepest corner of the apartment and burn up. Damn dogs. Well, I pray to never be in that situation.

yes I just hope it doesn't happen .

we have signs on all the windows "In case of fire, Please Save Our Pets" just in case we aren't home, the firefighters will   know pets are inside and can attempt to get them. I also added '2 cats in basement' on the sign because I know that's where they'll go to hide LOL.

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:44pm
^^^^Awwwww! You can't blame them. They are scared, but I'm not the one to save them. Where did you get those signs?

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 3:47pm
hopefully my neighbors would be on the lookout. At least informing them that I have a dog inside. They text me about everything else Ermm I don't have anywhere in the front (weirdly made townhouse) to put a sign

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:04pm

^^^^Awwwww! You can't blame them. They are scared, but I'm not the one to save them. Where did you get those signs?

I made them but they do sell them.  Here's a link of plain ones that you can print. I put pix of my cats on mine along with their vet's name and # and made it prettyLOL.

http://www.petplace.com/fireman-stickers.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.petplace.com/fireman-stickers.aspx

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:07pm
Thanks Purp!

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:08pm
Dogs can swim, I would have cheered him on from the sand. 

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:10pm
lol...we were having this talk on fb. nah i wont do all that for any pets.

-------------

Posted By: Posh Ams
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:11pm
Wha de ass?! that sh*t!!! Sorry Fido your ass would be grass! I'd buy a new dog next day with no shame

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:11pm

No. My dog would die of sadness anyway if I died trying to save her. At least she better (j/K)

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:12pm
Goodbye future cat if it ever comes to that

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:19pm

Thanks Purp!

sure.

this one made me LOL

http://www.gopetplan.com/firesafety/images/register_02.png

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Dogs can swim, I would have cheered him on from the sand. 

this is what I would've done.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:25pm
idk if i'd even die for certain family members....so a pet def. aint on the list

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 4:37pm

So the damn dog eventually swam back and didn't drown....

But the people died....

I agree with sang....that dog is the devil...

R.IP

-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:13pm
This is sad.   No, although I love Buster and Marco.

-------------
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." - Edgar J. Mohn

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 7:17pm

Yes, I think it was instinct for the son to go in and I'm sure he thought it wasn't that bad. After the son couldn't get back, I can definitely see why the parents went in to save him (the son, not the dog).
This.

A story in NC about a man's dog who was hit by a car, then he ran out to try and help his dog and got hit and killed by a car. The dog died too. Too sad.Ouch

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: mzmee
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

The dog managed to find its way back on shore and survived.

Stern Smile
LOL

-------------
Everything I'm not makes me everything I am.

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:44pm
If the boy had gotten pulled into the water 1st, the dog probably would have gone in to try to save him. Naturally a father is going to try to save his son. I don't understand why the mother went into the water at all though. Such a sad situation.

At least the little girl and the dog have each other. Bless their hearts. I'm sure the internet will provide well for them financially.

I had pets I would've risked my life to save. But I have a child now, so, ya know, priorities and.....all that good shyt.

-------------

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:45pm
It would be hard to watch my pet drown but....I choose me over both of us.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:47pm
*needs to learn to read the entire article before posting*

the dog survived?  if I was the daughter I might kill that dog.

-------------
Chris and Koochie split! - Mrshairdo

Sometimes when sh*t happens...you say fucc - Cyndi Lauper

let's look death in the face and say "whatever man". -Hurley.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:50pm
Cry  I hate these ethical dilemmas!  In that case, no but part of me would have died with my dog.  Sometimes during the day at work I wonder if my dog is okay.  Like, if I left the dryer going or something and the house caught fire....omg I can't.....

There were some people who needed to evacuate because of Sandy but none of the shelters they found would take pets so they stayed.  One man, who was a veteran said his dog was all he had.  No family or friends and one of his biggest concerns if he died was who would find and care for his dog.  He even mentioned the thought of killing his dog then himself.

Pet love is deep.

-------------
Valleys only exist between mountains. Stay down til you come up.

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:52am
Fck the pet

-------------

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 4:56am
no! I feel sorta bad for laughing but damn....over a dog? Dogs can swim and it's a dog!

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 5:14am
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Fck the pet
LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 5:18am
Hell naw

Posted By: iNFATUATE
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 9:55am
I didn't even read the responses but your asking this question to the wrong color......I hope.

Yt folk will write their last will and testament over to their gold fish.

Black folk treat their animals like a stepchild. IMO FME

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:02am
True to my word, my first thought was "grab the puppy."
in the end, i pulled his leash and started running. he may be small and doesn't bark let alone bite, but he's as fast as a cheetah. when I run, he runs.

Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:05am
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Cry  I hate these ethical dilemmas!  In that case, no but part of me would have died with my dog.  Sometimes during the day at work I wonder if my dog is okay.  Like, if I left the dryer going or something and the house caught fire....omg I can't.....

There were some people who needed to evacuate because of Sandy but none of the shelters they found would take pets so they stayed.  One man, who was a veteran said his dog was all he had.  No family or friends and one of his biggest concerns if he died was who would find and care for his dog.  He even mentioned the thought of killing his dog then himself.

Pet love is deep.

im so glad i have family i can go to when hurricanes come through. in that case i'd probably be like vivica fox and her dog, walking around in ruins in Independence Day

Posted By: Chyna_Li
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:08am
hell no

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:12am
Die.........for........my........pet

-------------
My mind explodes

Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Nov 27 2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I don't want to die but if I can save them I would. I'm not going to sit there and watch them die. That would hurt my soul. 

This!

-------------
Cry me a river d*@kface you just got yourself another one!

Print Page | Close Window