Print Page | Close Window

Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351331
Printed Date: Jan 22 2020 at 7:18pm

Topic: Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions
Posted By: bindy
Subject: Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:37am

Top 5 Most Expensive Skin Treatment Prescriptions

By  https://plus.google.com/u/0/109412652900532074246/posts?authuser=0" rel="nofollow - Ian Goodwin  on November 22, 2011

Updated on September 4, 2012

Skin care treatment has grown into an enormous industry. Since even a third of women suffer from some type of acne, the pharmaceutical companies have created a group of expensive medications to treat them. Five of them are prescriptions that prove to be the most expensive ones available.

Tazorac (tazarotene)

Tazorac is a topical cream that is helpful in dealing with acne. It cleans out the pores and helps them to stay clear. Besides acne, photo damage is also treated. Retinol is the effective active ingredient found in the medicine. Tazorac proves to be the most expensive of the group at one hundred and twenty-five dollars each tube.

Noritate (metronidazole)

Noritate is the treatment that works on both rosacea, or chronic redness, and acne. This topical cream is effective in destroying bacteria found underneath the surface of the skin. The skin of these victims is sensitive, and so this product should be used with care since it can irritate the skin. Noritate's advantage lies in the fact that it works well with drier skin. After insurance is used to pay for the medicine, it will cost another fifty dollars, making it the second most expensive skin treatment prescription.

MimyX

The newest treatment for eczema is a nonsteroidal cream called MimyX. This product was only recently approved by the Food and Drug Administration for use. It has no perfumes, emulsifiers, or dyes in it. It has to be applied directly to the afflicted places. The cream acts like the skin and allows hydration without creating pimples. The medication costs a hefty forty dollars after the insurance company pays their part.

Pandel (hydrocortisone probutate)

The fourth most costly of the prescription skin treatments is Pandel. This is a two function steroid cream used for treating acne. First, it dries out pimples to help them get well and go away. Then, it reduces the inflammation and pain. Once the insurance company has kicked in, it will still cost $35 each tube.

Duac

The last of the prescriptions for skin treatments that is considered here is Duac. Duac is actually a treatment containing an antibiotic clindamycin, as well as five percent benzoyl peroxide. It is used topically on individual spots that need help. The downside to the cream is that it is extremely drying, which will make your face feel too dry. Fortunately, your skin will adapt to this effect after you use it for a month. With insurance, it is only a ten dollar copay.

All five of these prescriptions are covered by the Honest Discounts free discount prescription card.  http://www.honestdiscounts.com/" rel="nofollow - Click here  to print yours now!

By  https://plus.google.com/u/0/109412652900532074246/posts?authuser=0" rel="nofollow - Ian Goodwin  on November 22, 2011

Updated on September 4, 2012

Skin care treatment has grown into an enormous industry. Since even a third of women suffer from some type of acne, the pharmaceutical companies have created a group of expensive medications to treat them. Five of them are prescriptions that prove to be the most expensive ones available.

Replies:
Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:43am
What do people use for dark marks? I have scars on my legs I'd like to get rid of.

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:49am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

What do people use for dark marks? I have scars on my legs I'd like to get rid of.
 Some people swear by cocoa butter ........

Posted By: FarraFace
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:51am
Meanwhile skin friendly supplements stay on BOGOF sale.

And baking soda, lemon juice and asprin are hella cheap to begin with.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 1:59am
The price of Azelex and Tazorac went up to about $300 per tube...

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:31am

Chemical peels have done the best for me. Clap I do them myself.

-------------

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:50am

Raw shea butter works but it takes a few months

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:59am

full body exfoliation. do it as often as your skin can handle it ( i do it daily) and one day without you noticing it your scars will fade and or disappear. it will also make any products you use work better.

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:29am
i had tazorac before,  mines was like 108 but the insurance paid for it.

-------------

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:45am
I'm looking for some supplements to balance my hormones though. i do research but hormones are tricky

I'd spend hundreds on blue light therapy at the derm, though

I'm obsessed with clear skin

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

I'm looking for some supplements to balance my hormones though. i do research but hormones are tricky

I'd spend hundreds on blue light therapy at the derm, though

I'm obsessed with clear skin

i take 1000 mg of evening primrose oil daily and increase it to 2000 mg during my menses(when i remember)
you can also look into sage essential oil and black cohosh (i havent tried them yet)

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 10:20am
Thanks tatee, i've bought some EPO for the same reason but I don't know if it balances oil production

Posted By: CamiK
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

This.

-------------
Last thing I wanna do is hurt you, but its still on my list..

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:23am
I always get complimented on my skin. I don't use anything special....however, I've always used my Nigerian wash cloth for bathing. 

-------------

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 11:31am
The most expensive tx. I know a Filipino woman that used it and recommended it to me.........she brought in a bottle one day, and it was basically Rx bleaching cream with other skin tx components. 

-------------

Posted By: Becky
Date Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I co-sign on this. CHEMICAL PEELS are the way to go!

There are alot that work well on Black skin like Glycolic Acid peels.

These home treatments like coco butter might work after a few years of use - but if you want to see a change within a few months - you need to see a Cosmetic Dermatologist, have them do an assessment and ask about a chemical peel.

In fact even I my age - I still break out from pimples so I have a Chemical Peel performed on my face every 4 -5 months. LOVE ÉM! Yes, they are painful but you learn to love the pain once you see how heavenly they leave your skin. Cost? Expensive .. but you can't put a price on beautiful skin!

Evens out my complexion so I only have to use a MAC powder to dust my face - no foundation.

I use a home treatment for spots I get on my arms or legs.

Print Page | Close Window