Print Page | Close Window

Atheists are Miserable Grinches

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351243
Printed Date: Jun 25 2018 at 7:36am

Topic: Atheists are Miserable Grinches
Posted By: tatee
Subject: Atheists are Miserable Grinches
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:20pm
get on your mark, get set...
LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUcMPveW_OE&feature=g-subs-u" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUcMPveW_OE&feature=g-subs-u

Pat Robertson Calls Atheists 'Miserable Grinches' Trying to Steal Christmas

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-calls-atheists-miserable-grinches-trying-to-steal-christmas-85316/#GSHVoQO3J4OXywFu.99" rel="nofollow - http://global.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-calls-atheists-miserable-grinches-trying-to-steal-christmas-85316/#GSHVoQO3J4OXywFu.99

Televangelist Pat Robertson is making headlines once again due to his recent comments regarding what many call the "war on Christmas," saying that he believes atheists are "miserable" people who want to steal the Christmas holiday away from Christians.

"The Grinch is trying to steal our holiday," Robertson told viewers on the Monday, Nov. 19 episode of the "The 700 Club", the flagship program of the http://www.cbn.com/about/visit/" rel="nofollow - Christian Broadcasting Network.

"Atheists don't like our happiness, they don't want you to be happy, they want you to be miserable," Robertson went on.

"They're miserable so they want you to be miserable, so they want to steal your holiday away from you."

Robertson's comments have stirred some controversy on the Internet, with critics arguing that the CBN founder repeatedly and unfairly targets atheists as an angry, bitter group of people perpetually on the attack against traditional American society.

When a gunman opened fire at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., in Aug. 2012, Robertson received criticism for his comments on the incident, because many argued that he appeared to blame atheists for the shooting.

"People who are atheists, they hate God, they hate the expression of God, and they are angry at the world, angry with themselves, angry with society and they take it out on innocent people who are worshipping God," Robertson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lyp55wvj50" rel="nofollow - said  in reference to the shooting.

In regard to Robertson's comments concerning the "war on Christmas," many have voiced their agreement, pointing to recent court cases involving challenges to public Christmas displays.

In Loudoun County, Va., the American Atheist organization is http://global.christianpost.com/news/va-city-remains-divided-over-atheist-religious-holiday-displays-84984/" rel="nofollow - contemplating a lawsuit  against county officials for including religious symbols in their annual public holiday display, the decorations of which cater to mainstream religions and secularists alike.

Additionally, earlier this week a federal judge http://global.christianpost.com/news/judge-rules-nativity-scenes-no-longer-allowed-in-la-beach-city-park-85251/" rel="nofollow - denied efforts  to re-open a 60-year-old Christian nativity display in a city park in Santa Monica, Calif.

While atheists continue to argue that there should exist a separation of church and state when it comes to Christmas and public holiday festivities, Christians argue that the tradition and purpose of Christmas should be preserved in American society and celebrated openly.

For example, the Liberty Counsel, a nonprofit public interest law firm, is kicking off its 10th annual http://www.lc.org/misc/friend_or_foe.htm" rel="nofollow - "Friend or Foe" Christmas campaign  this year, which is "designed to educate and if necessary, to litigate, to make sure that Christmas is not censored from either the public marketplace or the private retail."

As Robertson added on Monday's episode of "The 700 Club", he believes Christmas is an event that unifies the nation.

"It's been so beautiful. The nation comes together, we sing Christmas carols, we give gifts to each other, we have lighted trees, it's just a beautiful thing," Robertson said of the holiday.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-calls-atheists-miserable-grinches-trying-to-steal-christmas-85316/#GSHVoQO3J4OXywFu.99" rel="nofollow - http://global.christianpost.com/news/pat-robertson-calls-atheists-miserable-grinches-trying-to-steal-christmas-85316/#GSHVoQO3J4OXywFu.99

Replies:
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:26pm
I dont do pat robertson but I've met quite a few atheists that are miserable trolls.

Posted By: Flowing-Ice
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:31pm
i'm atheist, and i agree with this statement.
some atheists just hate the holiday season. 

-------------
And Jean Paul Gaultier and a Hermes bag and four inch tips made of ostrich ;Sharp enough to slit your wrists her lips spread gossip ;Won't say sorry when she offends

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:32pm
LOLgo ahead and watch the video, its funny.  i only posted the article as reference.

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:38pm
Im guessing 50 pages by the end of the day

-------------

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:39pm
These christian vs. atheist quarrels are comedy considering one group are like crackheads, while the other are alcoholics. At the end of the day, one is not better than the otherSleepy

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:40pm
I just watched it. The Internet radio dj guy really took the grinch joke kinda far...lol it's a figure of speech isn't it?? Gawd. I do believe in separation of church and state but what's next, y'all wanna stop the tree lighting at Rockefeller center? Ain't happening.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

I dont do pat robertson but I've met quite a few atheists that are miserable trolls.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:42pm
i kinda regret posting this.  i keep forgetting sh*t i find humorous isnt all that funny to othersLOL

Posted By: nimkola
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:45pm
I don't believe in god but I believe in presents Smile

Posted By: acaraway
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by nimkola nimkola wrote:

I don't believe in god but I believe in presents Smile

Right? I love Christmas. It's all about food, gifts, and good times for me.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:03pm
I don't care if you're atheist or what, but if you try to shut down my neighborhood nativity scene/Christmas tree lighting , your gonna have to evacuate your house because someone WILL come and shoot it up.

Posted By: Ladybird0724
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:06pm

i don't have anything to really add to the thread except to say I love the grinch LOL

-------------
It is said it takes seven years
to grow completely new skin cells.
To think, this year I will grow
into a body you never will
have touched.
— Brett Elizabeth Jenkins

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i kinda regret posting this.  i keep forgetting sh*t i find humorous isnt all that funny to othersLOL
Girl it's intolerant Pat Robertson. I ain't taking that old coot seriously.LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:06pm
i hate when frauds try to call out ppl

-------------

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:07pm
Those nativity scenes are ugly.
I celebrate Christmas and I'm atheist.....but there will always be extremists in every group.

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:10pm
@ Mindmeld...

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:18pm
most of the "Christians" i know are more miserable than the atheists 

(didn't read)

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:48pm
I don't like Pat at all period.. If folks don't want to believe okay, don't believe.. but if you live in this life, you ought to come to the conclusion that people suck and fail you every single time, now that you can count on ... they care about themselves more than they will ever care about you.. that's why i believe b/c my faith will never be in people.. it takes just as much faith to not believe, as it does to believe, the difference is one hopes it might, another believes with faith in God it most certainly will.. but i don't play with this trying to shut down Xmas they need to get ya life quickly.. 

-------------

Posted By: mommykat
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:53pm
^^

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:57pm
God doesnt have anything to do with christmass anyways so...doesnt matter what you believe

-------------

Posted By: RayneFalls93
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:57pm
Hmm I feel confused now. I celebrate just about every holiday and I am an atheist. Athiests can't celebrate? I thought that was just for Jehova's Witnesses. I LOVE Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter (eh not really), Halloween, yatta-yatta. Well even if athiest aren't suppose to celebrate I will continue I don't believe in God but I believe in good food, happiness/cheer, presents, family togetherness, egg-nogg, and of course the amazing sales that come around these times of year.

-------------
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/RayneFalls93" rel="nofollow - Click here

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:42pm
I haven't read the thread yet but I def agree with the title.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:47pm
I dunno why. They can just call it a "Winter Solstice Celebration" if they want and join in on the fun. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:00pm
Meh

-------------
yo

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:10pm
Pat Robertson is calling others miserable grinches?  He needs to have a whole stadium full of seats.  I celebrate Christmas--it's all about being together with family and sharing together.  There are a lot of people who don't believe in Christianity that celebrate Christmas.  As a matter of fact, there are a lot of people out there who recognize the holiday for the commercialized fiasco it has become.

-------------
When common sense fails, assume I am taking the piss and being sarcastic.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:18pm
I would hang out with an alcholic before I would hang out with a crackhead...

But crackheads are damn good sales men and they work for cheap..

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:19pm
Oh, most of the atheists I know are some of the happiest people I've come across so whatever. If all you want to see (and believe) is that non-believers are miserable, then thats all you will see. 

He's just a rambling old coot, no need to even take his sh*t seriously LOL I wish I could find that quote where he said the liberal medias attack against christianity is worse than the oppression against minorities...too funny...

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:25pm
Haven't been a christian in over ten yrs
There are no lights, no tree, no gifts, no special food in December expect for new yrs eve because it's my birthday
and I have no issues with christmas stuff. There's a phrase we use in my family: That's not in my home.
Long as something is not in our home...'do as thou wilt'...pun intended.

I have other pressing issues to tend to, like the predicament that the Children of Israel have us in.

I do love those boxing day sales, though. And after boxing day...even cheaper

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Haven't been a christian in over ten yrs
There are no lights, no tree, no gifts, no special food in December expect for new yrs eve because it's my birthday
and I have no issues with christmas stuff. There's a phrase we use in my family: That's not in my home.
Long as something is not in our home...'do as thou wilt'...pun intended.

I have other pressing issues to tend to, like the predicament that the Children of Israel have us in.Heart

I do love those boxing day sales, though. And after boxing day...even cheaper
My fiance was talking about this the other day...Is this a Benjamite "West Indian" thing???

-------------

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:36pm
I remember reading some studies saying that Atheists tend to be more intelligent and Those with faith tend to be happier...

-------------
Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee
Donne

Havmercy Dez Bryant

Posted By: Derri
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:54pm

Lmao
Smh
Not at far as I know. Who doesn't love a deal? Maybe it's an immigrant thing. We pack barrels and send back home, we need sales. Lol
pm me bout that benjamite you crosses out though

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 5:55pm
But really though. Most atheists I've heard of or heard speak are just angry angry individuals. It's so easy and fun to get them riled up. You can insult my God. I don't care oh! I know who I live for and it's really just fun to watch them huff an puff and watch them go crazy. I just be giggling in my seat during some classes. Like niqqa calm down.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

Oh, most of the atheists I know are some of the happiest people I've come across so whatever. If all you want to see (and believe) is that non-believers are miserable, then thats all you will see. 

He's just a rambling old coot, no need to even take his sh*t seriously LOL I wish I could find that quote where he said the liberal medias attack against christianity is worse than the oppression against minorities...too funny...

LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

But really though. Most atheists I've heard of or heard speak are just angry angry individuals. It's so easy and fun to get them riled up. You can insult my God. I don't care oh! I know who I live for and it's really just fun to watch them huff an puff and watch them go crazy. I just be giggling in my seat during some classes. Like niqqa calm down.

It's actually the opposite for me. But whatevs, people are miserable regardless of their beliefs or lack thereof. There doesnt need to be a competition on who can "out-happy" the other.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:14pm
^You want to have a BHM 'happy off' to determine who's the happiest Skittles?Stern SmileLOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:29pm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

...here should totally be a "happy off." Let's do it the day after Christmas/the Winter Solstice Celebration.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:38pm
^Good idea! Make sure it is after the Christmas edition of BHM TTT's Mafia Wars though. People get heated during that game.

I'm ready to out happy the sh*t out of all y'all classy O's.LOL

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 7:55pm
I used to think that part of atheism was petty and cranky and then I learned the actual reason behind their motivations.  It really is all about separation of church and state.  Many of them celebrate Christmas in one form or another.  Their friends and family are still Christians.  Christmas is very secular to many.  It's the religious component in a government setting that's unsettling.  Christian politicians are slow and methodical in their approach of getting Christianity back into the legal system.  Minor things like mangers and school prayer are doorways to bigger laws.  They just need a little wedge to get something going and it's really difficult and expensive to undo once its in place.  This approach has been used by creationists (teach the controversy!), anti-abortion supporters, and "traditional" marriage supporters. 

It's not just atheists being crabby.  If anything, it's paranoia.  They're like black people around their white coworkers.  Dead  Do you nip their hilarious "jokes" in the bud and be seen as "angry" or go with the flow?  Yeah, it could be totally innocent fun...except when it's not.  It's a question I have to ask myself often being black, an atheist, and a woman.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

^Good idea! Make sure it is after the Christmas edition of BHM TTT's Mafia Wars though. People get heated during that game.

I'm ready to out happy the sh*t out of all y'all classy O's.LOL

You gotta post pics of your presents, your house, your car, your SO,your hair progress and a gif of you successfully twerking as receipts of your happiness.Stern Smile

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:16pm
What kind of curmudgeon dichotomy is this? Smh.

I'm an atheist but I cannot get with this ignorance. Both sides have people who will exhibit the kind of ignorance shown by Pat. I'm not interested in being affected by it.

I've politely told Christians that I'm an atheist only for them to react as if I slapped their mother. But I'm not generalizing all Christians as sensitive crybabies. Have more sense than that. Religious or not, individuals are individuals.

-------------

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:21pm
And besides, Christmas is a Pagan holiday, originally.
If there was any war on Christmas, it was probably hijacking it and turning it Christian.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:21pm
^Hmmmm, that sounds like a bitter atheist post.Stern Smile

lol j/k.

I need happiness receipts?! My BHM posts will demonstrate my super awesome non religious happiness.Approve

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:25pm

^Hmmmm, that sounds like a bitter atheist post.Stern Smile

lol j/k.

I need happiness receipts?! My BHM posts will demonstrate my super awesome non religious happiness.Approve

Yes. You can be faking the funk in your posts.Stern Smile

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

And besides, Christmas is a Pagan holiday, originally.
If there was any war on Christmas, it was probably hijacking it and turning it Christian.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:31pm
LOL  Yeah, you can put up all the secular stuff you want.  The atheists won't care and wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on.  It's definitely not the Christmas part.  Moving baby Jesus to a church or private property makes people sad though. 

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:31pm
I can't with you tonight Skittles.LOL

Now I need to figure out how to issue happy receipts.

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:34pm

I can't with you tonight Skittles.LOL

Now I need to figure out how to issue happy receipts.
They're like regular receipts, except theres a happy face in the water markStern Smile

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:36pm
Cool

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:39pm
Happy receipts!

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:43pm

I knew you could do it, CCClap

-------------

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:44pm
inhale.

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: gabi03
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:19pm
LOL @ what this thread turned into. Happy receipts...

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:11am
I didn't realize BHM is filled with many atheists.
Unless this thread is just attracting the few here.

-------------

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 9:43am
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I didn't realize BHM is filled with many atheists.
Unless this thread is just attracting the few here.

I don't think atheists are the majority here.  Anywho, my family is Christian but I broke away from that and am Atheist.  I ain't mad and actually have no issues with people celebrating holidays.  I celebrate a few.  

Posted By: babelipsss
Date Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 1:49pm
How can Atheists be the miserable Grinches?Confused  It is not like Christians have a lock on the Christmas holidays.  There is no mandate in the Old or New Testament that states Christ's birth is on December 25th.  It is all made up as we go along.  I am an Atheist and I love Christmas for what it is.  A holiday with family and good food

Print Page | Close Window