Print Page | Close Window

Jada opens up on Willows lack of hair

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351204
Printed Date: Nov 18 2017 at 1:08am

Topic: Jada opens up on Willows lack of hair
Posted By: zsazsa
Subject: Jada opens up on Willows lack of hair
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:16pm

from Jada

A letter to a friend...

This subject is old but I have never answered it in its entirety. And even with this post it will remain incomplete.

The question why I would LET Willow cut her hair. First the LET must be challenged. This is a world where women,girls are constantly reminded that they don't belong to themselves; that their bodies are not their own, nor their power or self determination. I made a promise to endow my little girl with the power to always know that her body, spirit and her mind are HER domain. Willow cut her hair because her beauty, her value, her worth is not measured by the length of her hair. It's also a statement that claims that even little girls have the RIGHT to own themselves and should not be a slave to even their mother's deepest insecurities, hopes and desires. Even little girls should not be a slave to the preconceived ideas of what a culture believes a little girl should be. More to come. Another day.

Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:18pm
i wish she would have addressed the more pressing issue of willows letter to her daddy tupac

-------------
I just can't stand the negro british midget. He brings out the worst in me.....

I sometimes think AfroK is gay and either doesn't know it or won't admit to it..

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:18pm
I made a promise to endow my little girl with the power to always know that her body, spirit and her mind are HER domain. Willow cut her hair because her beauty, her value, her worth is not measured by the length of her hair. It's also a statement that claims that even little girls have the RIGHT to own themselves and should not be a slave to even their mother's deepest insecurities

^I like that

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:20pm
Fck the haircut...that little girl needs help.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:21pm
who cares this much about this high yella family that a public letter was necessary? can she address why the child can't read? that's more pressing. what is inside rather than what is outside her head.

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:22pm
That was well said

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:23pm
I sincerely applaud Jada. ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

who cares this much about this high yella family that a public letter was necessary? can she address why the child can't read? that's more pressing. what is inside rather than what is outside her head.

Seriously...all those comments she made about her education are worrisome. No one cares about her hair. The personal freedoms she allows these kids go way beyond hair and into borderline neglect.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:28pm
Why is Jaden in a bikini? First you let willow cut her hair, and now your son is in a two piece? I don't get it. Nice abs tho.

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

from Jada

A letter to a friend...

This subject is old but I have never answered it in its entirety. And even with this post it will remain incomplete.

The question why I would LET Willow cut her hair. First the LET must be challenged. This is a world where women,girls are constantly reminded that they don't belong to themselves; that their bodies are not their own, nor their power or self determination. I made a promise to endow my little girl with the power to always know that her body, spirit and her mind are HER domain. Willow cut her hair because her beauty, her value, her worth is not measured by the length of her hair. It's also a statement that claims that even little girls have the RIGHT to own themselves and should not be a slave to even their mother's deepest insecurities, hopes and desires. Even little girls should not be a slave to the preconceived ideas of what a culture believes a little girl should be. More to come. Another day.

Confused

-------------

Posted By: babyk94
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:29pm
Wait willow can't read?????????

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Why is Jaden in a bikini? First you let willow cut her hair, and now your son is in a two piece? I don't get it. Nice abs tho.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:32pm
i couldve sworn she addressed this already

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:36pm

LOL......is this a joke?

Posted By: r0ck_starr
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:37pm
She needs to address that her child is weird and does not behave like other little girls. If you see her tweets you will know that this child has issues. She needs meds and therapy.

Posted By: Naturalchick30
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:42pm

Lmao

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:46pm
yall brutal

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:53pm
Very well said. 

Posted By: Jewelsnyc
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:13pm

Shocked You ain't got a drop of sense child...LOL

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:22pm
i like jada alot. but sometimes i get the feeling that some really weird stuff goes on in the smith household.

i do agree with her about letting her daughter be able to express herself freely. i think alot of mothers force their ideas and standards of beauty on their daughters.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:27pm
nala ain't sh*t Cry

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:30pm
I aint said nothin yall weren't thinkin.LOL

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:32pm
I don't talk about the appearance of children. That topic is hands off to me

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:34pm

LMAO

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:35pm

OMG I had to read this a couple times before I got it damn you!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Wait willow can't read?????????

People be exaggerating. 

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

i couldve sworn she addressed this already

she has

Originally posted by r0ck_starr r0ck_starr wrote:

She needs to address that her child is weird and does not behave like other little girls. If you see her tweets you will know that this child has issues. She needs meds and therapy.
because she doesn't wear tutus and want to be a barbie? what  are her tweets like?

---------

what is nala's old screen name?

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:37pm
And no way in this world is my daughter going to be walking this earth with 1 inch of hair on her head, no, no, no.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

And no way in this world is my daughter going to be walking this earth with 1 inch of hair on her head, no, no, no.

why?? if thats what she likes and it not hurting her or anyone else? i would be happy my daughter is confident and secure in who she is.

Posted By: Sinnamon_Mami
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:42pm
That's that scientology bull sh8t.. I cut my hair when I was 13 our 14 for the same reason, but I think the family is still weird.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

why?? if thats what she likes and it not hurting her or anyone else? i would be happy my daughter is confident and secure in who she is.

I guess I don't have a valid answer to this question lol. It just doesn't look right.

-------------

"Mm hm that's right!"

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:45pm

I guess I don't have a valid answer to this question lol. It just doesn't look right.

oh ok

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:46pm
hmm, i feel like its a free for all in that house. like the kids have no rules. i see out of control teens in the making...

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:47pm

she better like braids. It aint happening in my house either. Unless she is 17.
No relaxers either. Her ass better get creative and learn how to be happy in other ways.

-------------
God forgive me for my brash delivery
But I remember vividly what these streets did to me

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

That was well said

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:53pm
The only reason I would ever support my child to cut her hair is so I won't have to style it and buy hair products. And if she don't like the bald look later on, she could always switch it up with lace fronts just like her mamaThumbs Up.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:59pm
My children will be brainwashed.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:07pm
Now that I understand the relationship Jada has with her own mother, her child raising tactics make more sense

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:08pm
her hair isn't weird to me.  many girls in africa walk around with the same low cut hair style. i just don't care

-------------

Posted By: Addicted19034
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:17pm

Your mean..unles you really thought that was jaden..

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:50pm

lol

Posted By: ScorpioLuv
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:54pm
Que India Arie.....

-------------
Sons of bitches,smh

Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Your mean..unles you really thought that was jaden..
LOL

-------------

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:39pm
I don't see the problem with her letting her daughter cut her hair. Not everyone wants to have long hair. 

-------------
yo

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:53pm
yay

-------------

PEACE

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 6:02pm

LOLCryLOL

-------------
Taking names...keeping notes!

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 6:09pm

Cry  A part of me wishes it was Jaden in that two piece. 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 6:23pm
I actually agree with Jada to some extent. I wouldn't let my child go as far as getting tattoos, or other stuff that might so-called make them happy, but I agree with her general idea.

Some people just genuinely don't like long hair. Why make your daughter have it because YOU like it. As long as she understands she has to handle the consequences if she doesn't like it, more power to her *shrug*.

And Nala, you need GEE-ZAWS .

Posted By: Hello! Tsuki
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 6:32pm
Welp, all I know is that if my mom had let me "own my self-expression" and whatnot when I was a bb, I woulda looked like a prosti-tot

Posted By: OrriannaRose
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:14pm

her hair isn't weird to me. many girls in africa walk around with the same low cut hair style. i just don't care

-------------

Posted By: pattigurlatl
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:24pm
I agree with her.

Inferiority is taught. They've done studies on it. Women have come a long way but we still have a long way to go mental wise.

I fight it at work all the time. A simple notion that my voice doesn't matter, or that I should only be concerned with certain things with "looks" being on the top of the list. It's really sickening to me.

It ain't what's on your head, it's what is in it and based on some of the posts on this board a whole lot of you need to try to get more into your heads than onto them.

-------------
Harriet Tubman - I freed a thousands slaves. I would have freed more had they known they were slaves.

Michael Harriot - She wouldn't have freed any if she was worried about her hair.

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:37pm
A lot of Black women would be more accepting/not question Willow rocking a 22" weave than cutting all of her hair off.

-------------

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

I agree with her.

Inferiority is taught. They've done studies on it. Women have come a long way but we still have a long way to go mental wise.

I fight it at work all the time. A simple notion that my voice doesn't matter, or that I should only be concerned with certain things with "looks" being on the top of the list. It's really sickening to me.

It ain't what's on your head, it's what is in it and based on some of the posts on this board a whole lot of you need to try to get more into your heads than onto them.

yay.

Hi patti!

-------------

PEACE

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I agree with her.

yay.

Hi patti!
Hey Purps!

-------------
Harriet Tubman - I freed a thousands slaves. I would have freed more had they known they were slaves.

Michael Harriot - She wouldn't have freed any if she was worried about her hair.

Posted By: Soratachi
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

LOL......is this a joke?

Yes it is. LOL

-------------
http://images58.fotki.com/v154/photos/7/1850227/11141506/DSC00292-vi.jpg" rel="nofollow - My Natural 4b/c Bun

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:22am
everytime jada says she lets her kids express themselves...im pretty sure she just means they're outta control.

do they ever ask will how he feels about the way willow looks?

-------------

Posted By: khivey
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:29am
Jada used to have the same hairstyle back in the day. She is just like her mom. If I had the head and forehead for it, I would have rocked the ceez too at some point in my adolescence. I like Jada's point of view.

-------------
Hair Type:3c/4a
Hair Length:SBL
“The approval of others often forms an essential part of our capacity to think we are right.”

Posted By: TransitAngst
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:19am
I used to wear crazy outfits and makeup that scared adults and had weird hair (not that Willow's is weird; her hair looks perfectly normal). My parents let me see for myself that I looked stupid and I learned to present myself in a flattering way. If they held me down and forced me to look the way they wanted me to look, I'd probably be looking like crap, now that I'm on my own and out of their grasp.

-------------
Only Jon Stewart can say "penis in a picnic basket" and "ant-maddening juice" in the same sentence and make sense.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:44am

I agree with her.

Bless this post

Posted By: BeatriceBean
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:49am
I love her thinking, sort of.

Self-acceptance should be taught at home. A lot of "weird" kids don't receive support from their families, are teased and tormented outside of the home and feel that they have no place anywhere. I wouldn't let my kids have free reign over everything that they do but I wouldn't want them to think that their way of presenting themselves is inherently wrong because it's different.

When I see Willow, I see a confident young woman who embraces who she is. Not mad at that

-------------
Life is good!

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 8:53am
Ok, sound reasoning. My mom let me cut my hair when I was a pre-teen. BIG MISTAKE. But, it was my mistake to make and learn from. It is just hair after all. 

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:31am
Don't care about her hair. I think it's good Willow can be errr expressive with her hair, clothes, etc. However, it does seems like the kids have too few rules (especially when it comes to schooling).

And why their family so keen on letter writing?

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: Becky
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:45am

What? This is considered a High Yella family. Wowwww!  They look like a regular brown skinned family to me - none of them are light skinned. I don't know what that has to do with what's going on with them anyway though.

I do think those kids are gonna end up screwed up.

How come all the other famous stars keep their kids AWAY from Hollywood and the music business until they come of age (about 18 or so) but Will and Jada are letting their kids get all this exposure?

THEY ARE TOO YOUNG!

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

What? This is considered a High Yella family. Wowwww!  They look like a regular brown skinned family to me - none of them are light skinned. I don't know what that has to do with what's going on with them anyway though.

I do think those kids are gonna end up screwed up.

How come all the other famous stars keep their kids AWAY from Hollywood and the music business until they come of age (about 18 or so) but Will and Jada are letting their kids get all this exposure?

THEY ARE TOO YOUNG!

theyre lighter than you

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 11:36am
Oh sh*t, I see what they did with their kids names.

*over 10 years late*

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 11:38am
Missed bus - Heibaoshan, Heilongjiang

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 11:41am

*over 10 years late*

-------------

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:14pm

-------------
(√-1) (2^3) (Σ ) (π)...and it was good!

Fact: If you eat something and nobody sees you eat it - it has no calories.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:31pm
LOL

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:35pm

*over 10 years late*

Don't feel bad. I wouldn't have got it unless you said it

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:35pm
meh, from willow's hair to jada's theatrical explanation

-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:53pm
What's so strange about their names..

Posted By: lambkin
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:57pm
Little girl is experimenting, I don't see the need for an explanation.

That being said, I find Jada revolting.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jFc8STF5BA

The Bishop and The Warlord

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

What's so strange about their names..
Jada=Jayden Will=Willow right?

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:09pm
I really don't think these kids will be as crazy as people think. I think they will get it together while in their early 20's. SOrt of like the osborne kids. they ran around crazy, drugs and all but got it together pretty early. unlike other child stars who brake down in their 20's and on

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:48pm
I wish Jada would open up on why she resembles jigsaw now. Her cheekbones are weird looking. They look sharp and her face wasn't like that before

Posted By: Prazol60
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:04pm
LOL @ Jigsaw 

Posted By: ShadyLady
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:04pm

*over 10 years late*

I need to grab a seat on the short bus with you cuz I didn't even realize there was something to it til you pointed it out .

Posted By: lexis83
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:22pm
Too many people put too much focus on outward appearance here, especially hair. And wonder why they have self esteem issues.

I'm so glad I grew up in a place where I didn't have to evaluate my beauty based on hair length.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:31pm
She has the right idea but poor execution

Children need structure and instruction so they can understand personal responsibility, manage their autonomy effectively and to their greatest advantage

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:39pm
I think that willow is gonna be not straight. *clicks heels three times and vanishes from thread*

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Seriously...all those comments she made about her education are worrisome. No one cares about her hair. The personal freedoms she allows these kids go way beyond hair and into borderline neglect.

Lies. There are several BHM threads to prove otherwise.
I cant understand grown folks obsession with this little girl.
SMH.

and i dont see the need for any explanation from Jada. If people dont have nothing better to do than to wet their legs over Willow, she should let them.

-------------
You'll be a memory for someone someday. Try to be a good one

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by lexis83 lexis83 wrote:

Too many people put too much focus on outward appearance here, especially hair. And wonder why they have self esteem issues.

I'm so glad I grew up in a place where I didn't have to evaluate my beauty based on hair length.
Awwwwwwww

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 2:55pm
I just don't get it. She isn't pregnant, she's not on drugs, she doesn't self harm. I don't know the truth as to her education. But what is this little girl doing that's so wrong other than going against society's gender norms

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:04pm
I'm mad yall got so riled up over a 9 yr old stumbling over words while reading from a teleprompter. 
Now if she was 19 I could understand....but she was 9.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

But what is this little girl doing that's so wrong other than going against society's gender norms

Willow sings like Rihanna sometimes and I like her baldheaded. I enjoyed her experimentation with color. Who needs education nowadays. Beyonce got to 5th grade then dropped out to form Destinys Childs. Beyonces uneducated illiterate ass is running the world and the fist lady is her best friend so Willow doesn't really need an education. She is baldheaded and cute and if Sinead Oconners bladheaded ass could make a number one song so can she.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:17pm
i miss you nadia LOL

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:27pm
I didn't know about the teleprompter 

but in bhm threads Willow has said that she doesn't have time for her tutor and that she doesn't go to school and has admitted that she has trouble/can't keep up with the basics like math and reading

full autonomy is dangerous if a child isn't taught that choices have consequences, some immediate, some far reaching and instant gratification isn't always the best choice.   I agree deciding on a course of action shouldn't be motivated by fear/insecurity/etc but by effective use of information/wisdom/etc 

... quite different from do whatever you want, whenever you want, which seems to be the approach that Jada/Will and the kids are taking

Posted By: 510QUEEN
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by sweet_n_stuff04 sweet_n_stuff04 wrote:

I had to laugh lawd

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

but in bhm threads Willow has said that she doesn't have time for her tutor and that she doesn't go to school and has admitted that she has trouble/can't keep up with the basics like math and reading

full autonomy is dangerous if a child isn't taught that choices have consequences, some immediate, some far reaching and instant gratification isn't always the best choice.   I agree deciding on a course of action shouldn't be motivated by fear/insecurity/etc but by effective use of information/wisdom/etc 

... quite different from do whatever you want, whenever you want, which seems to be the approach that Jada/Will and the kids are taking

She's set for life.
She can learn at any speed she wishes.
She doesn't have to go to school to get an education to work a 9-5 for the rest of her miserable life.
Nigguhs is jealous of this lil' girl.

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:38pm

hair grows back or doesn't ... that isn't life altering, like at all

but education ... nah this is non-negotiable for children, education should be the main focus for all children, not turning a profit

catching up on the basics as an adult is wasting time and opportunity

I wonder if Jada/Willow realize that there are girls in the third world that are missing out on their education behind earning money ... so as forward thinking as they think they're being the results will actually be backwards

... given their resources they should make sure that their daughter takes full advantage of opportunity and that includes TIMING when opportunities are taken advantage of

A music career can wait until she's as educated as their money can afford.   If she can do both effectively, that's one thing ... but by her own admission, she can't, so they MUST either decide or help her choose what's ultimately best for her

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:42pm

how many entertainers were set for life with millions only to squander it for lack of knowledge ... her parents won't be managing her finances forever, at some point she'll have to take responsibility

and if she doesn't have a basic education, she won't have the tools to do so ... especially when she doesn't have or need a hunger for success or upward mobility

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:49pm

how many entertainers were set for life with millions only to squander it for lack of knowledge ... her parents won't be managing her finances forever, at some point she'll have to take responsibility

and if she doesn't have a basic education, she won't have the tools to do so ... especially when she doesn't have or need a hunger for success or upward mobility

Helloooo Ricky all Willow needs is a smart husband and her finances will be straight. Bey got Jay Z on deck he even had her doing math equations in her songs. Bey don't know much about Algebra but she knows 1 + 1 = 2. I credit Jay z for that and besides Willow has her older brother Tree Bark to watch her back he was the karate kid. I know he can read because he knew all of his lines so again Willow will be fine. All she needs is a pair of leotards and Beys choreograher.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by NadiaPost NadiaPost wrote:

Helloooo Ricky all Willow needs is a smart husband and her finances will be straight. Bey got Jay Z on deck he even had her doing math equations in her songs. Bey don't know much about Algebra but she knows 1 + 1 = 2. I credit Jay z for that and besides Willow has her older brother Tree Bark to watch her back he was the karate kid. I know he can read because he knew all of his lines so again Willow will be fine. All she needs is a pair of leotards and Beys choreograher.

lmfaooo!

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:54pm
When Bey turned 34 she fired her Daddy. Who needs an education to fire somebody. She's been firing people since age 8 mama Tina is next

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 3:54pm
While I agree with Ricky about the importance of education, we have to accept that it comes in all forms. Some untraditional forms are better than others.

Michael Jackson didn't really do much in terms of schooling, even with the home school attempts, but he was one of the most articulate and educated men in the business.

I've heard Jaden and Willow speak and their vocabulary is wider than some of the folks on this board.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

She's set for life.
She can learn at any speed she wishes.
She doesn't have to go to school to get an education to work a 9-5 for the rest of her miserable life.
Nigguhs is jealous of this lil' girl.
Damn sang.....

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by The Feminist Griote via Tumblr The Feminist Griote via Tumblr wrote:

Every time Willow does something to her hair the Black blogosphere goes crazy. One of the biggest reasons, I think some Black people have an issue with the Smith’s form of parenting is because this form of parenting doesn’t fit the “normal” Black parenting model. Too many of us either believe that we are either raised by The Huxtables, The Evans, or a crazy Madea. I call attention to these two tv families not because of their class and socioeconomic status, but because these are the two parenting styles that many of us believe that all Black people interfaced with. The Evans were strict and didn’t run a democratic household. While the Huxtables appeared to be more democratic, and tended to rationalize with their kids more, but at the end of the day it was Claire or Cliff’s way. The Smith’s in my opinion are not adopting a new parenting model, it simply may be new for many of us who are Black and Brown. Will and Jada don’t treat their children like objects that they posses or facsimiles of themselves. They see their roles as parents in relation to their kids in a more egalitarian fashion. Will and Jada approach their power as parents differently, their power that doesn’t seek to silence or oppress the power and individuality of their children.

Willow as a little girl is learning that she is a force to be reckoned with in this world, and that her gender, and gender presentation will not serve as impediments. Jada who is now championing the cause against human sex trafficking, of which girls are disproportionately victims, understands that women need to own themselves fully, if not someone else will. Girls are being trafficked at an alarming rate and not just abroad, but also in our own backyards. In the U.S. alone 80% of human sex trafficking victims are women and girls and 50% are minors. Jada is making the conscious choice to take her daughter along with her on her journey to help end human sex trafficking. In a world where little girls are raped, stolen, and sold as a commodity, hair isn’t all that important. Sometimes I wonder, have some of us adult Black women forgotten what it’s like to be a little Black girl in a white heterosexual patriarchal society? Again to quote Lorde, “easier to crucify myself in you than to take on the threatening universe of whiteness…” Our Black bodies and Black psyches are always being assailed and violated. Healthy validation is often hard to come by in these streets riddled with harassment. Therefore, let us save our vitriol and condemnation for more important things like the perpetuation of rape culture or Donald Trump.

http://thefeministgriote.com/raising-willow/" rel="nofollow - http://thefeministgriote.com/raising-willow/

And before anyone says it, it is that deep and y'all know it. 

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 4:43pm
Michael Jackson also had financial troubles that he should never have had given his record and tour sales 

Non-traditional education is something we all should keep pursuing

but a child ... they need the basics, something for the non-traditional education to build on

When a child admits trouble with the basics that's a cry for help, imho ... even if she doesn't realize it

Print Page | Close Window