Print Page | Close Window

Child support not enough!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=351203
Printed Date: Jan 16 2018 at 12:03pm

Topic: Child support not enough!
Posted By: watermelon
Subject: Child support not enough!
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:12pm
Does anyone have any advice for my friend. She would like her child's father to pay 17% but he says that out of his nypd salary all he can pay is $200 because he has a mortgage. Meanwhile she has one too. Is there anything she should bring to court that can help her prove her expenses and that what he is giving is not enough.

Replies:
Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by watermelon watermelon wrote:

Does anyone have any advice for my friend. She would like her child's father to pay 17% but he says that out of his nypd salary all he can pay is $200 because he has a mortgage. Meanwhile she has one too. Is there anything she should bring to court that can help her prove her expenses and that what he is giving is not enough.
Potential...this thread has.

I don't have any advice, btw. Can't relate.

-------------

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:16pm

meanwhile 
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/legal-advice-needed_topic351182.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/legal-advice-needed_topic351182.html

Posted By: babelipsss
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:18pm
She can't set the amount.  Both sides present their financials to the courts and the judge decides.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:18pm
Your name just had to be watermelon with all these type of threads.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:20pm
Thanks babe!

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:25pm
Hun, you gotta keep these pressing matters in the same thread.

-------------

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:26pm
Def an alias

jr.

-------------

Posted By: miana79
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:26pm
Stern Smile

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:43pm
"Court" won't care about his mortgage.

-------------
BSS?! that's like the dirtiest thing you can say in BHM. Why are you thinking of going Bootleg? - BaileyAlexandria

Posted By: **Sk!TtLeS B**
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:43pm
Your "friend," eh?

-------------
Im making a political statement every time I make my ass clap - Ru Paul

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:50pm
Like, seriously how many people you know with child support issues? Is this even real, or is it really you who has the child support issues, watermelon?

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:51pm
Get a job or two?

My mother looked after 2 of us WITHOUT child support. She can handle hers if she manages her money correctly. Basically ensures that the $200 at least goes for the child. Put it aside in an account because it is theirs. Any emergencies for the child would not be a shock for her budget that way.

Some people struggle because they have issues with priorities. They're out there paying $500 for hair & complaining about I have bills to pay. 

Maybe cut on child care by planning around close family members so they help you out. Cut on shopping expenses etc. 

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Your "friend," eh?
LOLLOL

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 2:57pm

Your "friend," eh?

Co-sign! Wink

-------------
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance." - Edgar J. Mohn

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:10pm

1. I think you are a troll.  But if you aren't, in NYS all she has to do is take him to court for child support and he will HAVE to pay the mandatory 17% no matter what.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:16pm
why are people seriously answering these questions? she just did a thread about her man not paying $600 / mo for cs.

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:31pm
so if your friend deserves all she can, why doesn't your boyfriend's baby mama?

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 3:47pm
doesnt the OP always make outlandish threads? 

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:16pm

Your "friend," eh?

Heh heh

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: starflower7
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by sistagal sistagal wrote:

Get a job or two?

My mother looked after 2 of us WITHOUT child support. She can handle hers if she manages her money correctly. Basically ensures that the $200 at least goes for the child. Put it aside in an account because it is theirs. Any emergencies for the child would not be a shock for her budget that way.

Some people struggle because they have issues with priorities. They're out there paying $500 for hair & complaining about I have bills to pay. 

Maybe cut on child care by planning around close family members so they help you out. Cut on shopping expenses etc. 

LoL why do women think they are proving something by sacrificing and struggling all their lives to let a dead beat dad get away with not tending to his responsibilities? As if it makes someone less than a woman to see to it that a man takes care of his own child. I'm sorry but to me that is hood mentality. I don't believe in lettin niccas slide. Pay up. Niccas these days got it too easy.

-------------
"I give to the needy...and not the greedy!"

"Mm hm that's right!"

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:20pm
have we collectively decided to ban this one?
im down.

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: dreamz
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 4:41pm

Your "friend," eh?

Lmao, whew!

-------------
specs: handmade 8" kinky curly upart wig. wefts purchased from http://www.kinkycurlyyaki.com

Posted By: healthyhair42012
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:08pm
Like I said in the other thread you are too nosey and you need a life. Its ok to be supportive of your "friend" and deadbeat bf but they need to figure out their own way. If they aren't making a thread you shouldn't either!

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by healthyhair42012 healthyhair42012 wrote:

Like I said in the other thread you are too nosey and you need a life. Its ok to be supportive of your "friend" and deadbeat bf but they need to figure out their own way. If they aren't making a thread you shouldn't either!

bravo, shawty!!! Thanks for making this known. Watermelon needs to come up in here and read some of dis.

Posted By: danni7
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Get a job or two?

LoL why do women think they are proving something by sacrificing and struggling all their lives to let a dead beat dad get away with not tending to his responsibilities? As if it makes someone less than a woman to see to it that a man takes care of his own child. I'm sorry but to me that is hood mentality. I don't believe in lettin niccas slide. Pay up. Niccas these days got it too easy.

All of this.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

-------------
<--Classy & Educated O.

"You're telling us your beefing with your bf's mother over $1 ice cream like it was blood diamonds." RickyR

Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Your "friend," eh?
LOLLOL
LOL

-------------

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by healthyhair42012 healthyhair42012 wrote:

-------------
yo

Posted By: 313chick
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:23pm
And I wouldn't be worried about this nonsense on Thanksgiving....

-------------

Posted By: sistagal
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

Get a job or two?

I'm also against failing to provide for your children because you spend more time chasing after a dead beat. 

I wasn't being FOR men getting away with it but more FOR women not needing to rely on that money. If you don't want to let him slide fair enough.. but just at least know that if he does happen to, he's not your only option. 

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:42pm
*waits for OP to answer Southern's question as to why her "friend" deserves all the child support she is entitled to but her BF's baby mama doesn't*

-------------

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:45pm
Ima need folks to stop having kids they cant afford in 2013

-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:47pm
i thought this thread would be bigger, did op come back

-------------
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/28mflg8.gif%5b/IMG]

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:52pm
Im at walmart waiting on some dang tv to go on sale so ill entertain this foolishness....maybe OP's "friend" this time is her boyfriend's baby mama from the previous thread

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

Ima need folks to stop having kids they cant afford in 2013

Not going to happen as long as SOME people continue to have this "teen/unwed pregnancy isn't a big deal" mentality.

It suddenly beomes a "big deal"when it's time to pay for raising the kids.

Dafuk you think was going to happen? Most time the sorry azz 'dad' has kids by other women he ain't paying for..

and hell no, I'm not talking about same sex or single parent adoption/widows/widowers/divorcees raising kids..

-------------

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 8:17pm

this is becoming my favorite gif

-------------
I'm from The Wishanicca Woods boo-Dreamz

If you are or have ever been a member of BHM, you are inherently a hoodrat.B

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 8:21pm
LOL

-------------
Having a bunch of sexual partners doesn't mean you're a free spirit and expressing yourself...it means your a hoe. -call

Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 11:43pm
The situation and circumstances are different!

Posted By: Babydoll9163
Date Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 11:53pm

The situation and circumstances are different!

Elaborate....

-------------
Stupid ppl are like a unicorn. They too do not exist. They are just liberated... liberated from knowledge. -nycdiva

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:11am
So now its your "friend"

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:14am
Oh, I have no advice to give. Never had child support issues with my ex husband. I knew him 5 yrs before I married him n was married 2 yrs before we had a child, so I was able to surmise he was a responsible man that would take care of me and our children. So when we split, he never dropped the ball.

Being with someone for years, then getting married, then having kids doesn't mean is a sure way to avoid these issues,but I'll bet the farm it decreases the likelihood.

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:16am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

i skim sh1t like this, what i miss?
other than, it's different when it's you

Posted By: nycdiva357
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 10:25am

-------------
He follows what I'm saying.. I aint gotta twitter shyt.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 11:39am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

lmaoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
you say i need some time to meditate...naaaaah b*tch i'm fly! i need time to levitate... ~yeezy

dacoldesteva

Date Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Oh, I have no advice to give. Never had child support issues with my ex husband. I knew him 5 yrs before I married him n was married 2 yrs before we had a child, so I was able to surmise he was a responsible man that would take care of me and our children. So when we split, he never dropped the ball.

Being with someone for years, then getting married, then having kids doesn't mean is a sure way to avoid these issues,but I'll bet the farm it decreases the likelihood.

thats how you do it!Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window